The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, my prediction is a civil war in ZA with Ramaphosans vs. Zumans. The looting is not just economic opportunism. Water treatment facilities and media offices are being attacked, from what I hear.

This is looking to me more and more like an attempted coup d'état...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Gini coefficient is weird. The income 'inequality' between Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak since 1980-- might dwarf South Africa. But I think both Steves did alright.

I clicked on that Luxembourg Income Study site & read their report on Gender and Income Inequality. Women now obtain more higher education than men in nearly-all first world countries. And income inequality between the most highly-educated men & women has simultaneously increased... the new wave of female postgrads are shitty earners , and the few males with postgrad education earn bigtime. The only place where inequality went way-down... is Italy, where the number of highly-educated women didn't increase: only the women who were gonna go-out & earn bothered to get fancy degrees.

LIS's recommendations for fixing this inequality 'problem' involve more meddling with who-gets-higher education... to figure out how to get all the over-educated women more $.

https://www.lisdatacenter.org/newslette ... 1-18-im-1/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Following-up John D's comments about Bret Weinstein & Ivermectin...

I listened to most-of a DarkHorse episode, in which Bret & Heather respond to the Quillette article... but only in a loose, conversational, preliminary fashion. They say they'll give a formal point-by-point response in writing/ but that's still being written. I think the loose-talk version was like writing ballpoint pen notes in the margins of the Quillette piece-- notes which suggest their real rebuttal will be formidable-- but meanwhile also obscuring those solid points with doodles & their usual cutesy banter. I'll probably listen to the rest, while I do bicycle repairs or whatever. But I'm not on the edge of my seat.

And now I'm listening to this Robert Wright bloggingheads episode-- taking a crack-at Eric Weinstein.

I regard Wright as less-than-credible after watching him suffer from a lowkey, persistent case of Trump Derangement. (Going beyond merely dissenting from Trump/ to having the telltale absurd blind spots, when it comes to discussing Trump.) Wright's guest-- has published a critique of Eric W.'s grandiose physics pronouncements. The guest seems credible, but he does himself no favors by starting-with a throwaway comment about Bret's "anti-vaxxer" opinions. 23 minutes into this thing-- I trust the guest's description of Eric W.'s flippant behavior when confronted with a real expert physics rebuttal. But I also think it's a mistake to read too-much into Eric W's asshole demeanor while chatting on fucking Clubhouse. That's what Clubhouse is for: big wankers to wank, while little wankers wank-along.

For me-- the internet-drama angle is as-or-more interesting than the physics dispute. When I see an intriguing oaf like Eric W. rise to public prominence-- I wonder whether he'll be his own undoing/ or manage to stay one step ahead of his own crapulence.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

First day of Maricopa County audit results reported:

4k voted who registered after the deadline
11K voted who did not appear on voter rolls, but were added a month later
18k voted who were removed from voter rolls a after election
74k mail-in ballots counted that have no record of ever being mailed out

plus
168k ballots printed on the wrong paper, leading to 'bleed through' of marks, and/or registration mark misprints, potentially spoiling ballot.

More to be reported tomorrow.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: First day of Maricopa County audit results reported:

4k voted who registered after the deadline
11K voted who did not appear on voter rolls, but were added a month later
18k voted who were removed from voter rolls a after election
74k mail-in ballots counted that have no record of ever being mailed out

plus
168k ballots printed on the wrong paper, leading to 'bleed through' of marks, and/or registration mark misprints, potentially spoiling ballot.

More to be reported tomorrow.
https://www.memecreator.org/static/imag ... 218436.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/FHR3Qkcr.jpeg
https://gab.com/realdonaldtrump/posts/1 ... 7622357659

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America
07/15/21

Despite massive Voter Fraud and Irregularities during the 2020 Presidential Election Scam, that we are now seeing play out in very big and important States, I never threatened, or spoke about, to anyone, a coup of our Government. So ridiculous! Sorry to inform you, but an Election is my form of "coup," and if I was going to do a coup, one of the last people I would want to do it with is General Mark Milley. He got his job only because the world’s most overrated general, James Mattis, could not stand him, had no respect for him, and would not recommend him. To me the fact that Mattis didn’t like him, just like Obama didn’t like him and actually fired Milley, was a good thing, not a bad thing. I often act counter to people's advice who I don’t respect.

In any event, I lost respect for Milley when we walked together to St. John’s Church (which was still smoldering from a Radical Left fire set the day before), side by side, a walk that has now been proven to be totally appropriate—and the following day Milley choked like a dog in front of the Fake News when they told him they thought he should not have been walking with the President, which turned out to be incorrect. He apologized profusely, making it a big story, instead of saying I am proud to walk with and protect the President of the United States. Had he said that, it would have all been over, no big deal, but I saw at that moment he had no courage or skill, certainly not the type of person I would be talking “coup” with. I’m not into coups!

In fact, around the same time Milley, in a conversation, was an advocate of changing all of the names of our Military Forts and Bases. I realized then, also, he was a much different person than I had hoped. I said to him, “spend more time thinking about China and Russia, and less time on being politically correct.”

But never during my Administration did Milley display what he is showing now. He was not “woke.” Actually, I don’t believe he ever was, but the way I look at Milley, he’s just a better politician than a general, trying to curry favor with the Radical Left and the absolute crazy people espousing a philosophy which will destroy our Country!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/state ... 7.15.21-04

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 74k mail-in ballots counted that have no record of ever being mailed out
Seems like the post office should have some record of 74,243 ballots having been mailed-out, and some portion of those ballots being mailed-back.

Some of the remaining portion should be trackable according to which drop-boxes the voters tell investigators they used-- and the chain-of-custody from the dropbox to being-counted.

____

Other findings reported in the hearing-- were the administrators all sharing the same password/ obscuring who-exactly performed which logins.

And the suspicious 37,000 blank admin-password query attempts-- which cleared-out the memory cache record of actual log-ins, going back to Election Day.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In Arizona the Dems obstructed the audit by refusing to provide the administrative password, claiming only Dominion employees knew the code.

I hope the auditors checked to see if the admin password from Antrim County, Michigan was the same one used in Arizona.

I will only post half the Antrim password here. I do so only-because Alan Turing is long dead, and no one can possibly crack this enigma.

(I mean-- sure I did, first try, but I'm part Navajo.)

1 2 3 _ _ _

(Lawyer reveals the Antrim password at 11min45sec in this video:

https://rumble.com/vjsv8v-live-at-5-pm- ... y.-st.html )

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I will only post half the Antrim password here. I do so only-because Alan Turing is long dead, and no one can possibly crack this enigma.

(I mean-- sure I did, first try, but I'm part Navajo.)

1 2 3 _ _ _

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Biden introduced Angela Merkel as "the second-largest German Chancellor since Helmut Kohl."

He was quite hefty.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote: "The entire Australian firearms industry has been left blindsided and without a secure supply chain after FedEx / TNT cancelled crucial freight solutions for all Australian firearms businesses.

“It is quite scary that in Australia a foreign owned business can set up shop, become the major industry player and then cancel essential business services to an entire industry that also services government defence and law enforcement contracts crucial to our sovereignty, safety and security.”

https://sifa.net.au/fedex-tnt-cancels-t ... -security/
We figured this out in 1912 when we expanded our army (conscription of 18 year olds for part time training). This was partly to counter a perceived threat from our Asian north.

In 1912 we also established the Lithgow small arms factory to ensure self sufficiency in 303 rifles. Apparently we have now transcended this wisdom. 😐 🇨🇳

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithgow_S ... ms_Factory

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Following-up John D's comments about Bret Weinstein & Ivermectin...

I listened to most-of a DarkHorse episode, in which Bret & Heather respond to the Quillette article... but only in a loose, conversational, preliminary fashion. They say they'll give a formal point-by-point response in writing/ but that's still being written. I think the loose-talk version was like writing ballpoint pen notes in the margins of the Quillette piece-- notes which suggest their real rebuttal will be formidable-- but meanwhile also obscuring those solid points with doodles & their usual cutesy banter. I'll probably listen to the rest, while I do bicycle repairs or whatever. But I'm not on the edge of my seat.

And now I'm listening to this Robert Wright bloggingheads episode-- taking a crack-at Eric Weinstein.

I regard Wright as less-than-credible after watching him suffer from a lowkey, persistent case of Trump Derangement. (Going beyond merely dissenting from Trump/ to having the telltale absurd blind spots, when it comes to discussing Trump.) Wright's guest-- has published a critique of Eric W.'s grandiose physics pronouncements. The guest seems credible, but he does himself no favors by starting-with a throwaway comment about Bret's "anti-vaxxer" opinions. 23 minutes into this thing-- I trust the guest's description of Eric W.'s flippant behavior when confronted with a real expert physics rebuttal. But I also think it's a mistake to read too-much into Eric W's asshole demeanor while chatting on fucking Clubhouse. That's what Clubhouse is for: big wankers to wank, while little wankers wank-along.

For me-- the internet-drama angle is as-or-more interesting than the physics dispute. When I see an intriguing oaf like Eric W. rise to public prominence-- I wonder whether he'll be his own undoing/ or manage to stay one step ahead of his own crapulence.

I don't think I can handle over two hours of droopy dog...

...but that's my problem I guess.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Of course we sold the Lithgow factory to the French.

As you do.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Not the Chinkypoos?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote: Not the Chinkypoos?
They’ll BYO.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
I don't think I can handle over two hours of droopy dog...

...but that's my problem I guess.

At 41min45sec Nguyen concurs with Marcus & John D., on this issue of Weinsteins-wasting-our-time:

"Are you explaining your ideas well, and are you respectful of your audience?....If there are insights to be found in this paper, they are not well-presented, at least given a reasonable time budget."

Eric W. first presented his grand theory of everything in a video-- and Nguyen took the time to figure out what the heck Eric seemed to be saying.
Then Eric released his paper-- and Nguyen thought he'd be reading the clear version-- only to discover it was 69 pages of discursive self-indulgence.

___

AND YET... having made it to the end of this bloggingheads link... I gotta say this interview is really good stuff. I didn't realize Wright had such a strong background in Science writing.

If you hover your cursor over red scroll-bar at the bottom of the video... little sub-headings pop-up... which describe the topic of each section. If the descriptions of the physics get too abstract/ it's easy to jump to the next section. The discussion of What Are The Telltale Signs of A Crackpot? is good old fashioned skeptic/debunk gold. And, as the discussion goes-on, Wright is an increasingly-generous Devil's Advocate for Weinstein-- expressing normal human frailty ways which Eric W might have bungled. Which prods Nguyen's criticism into sharper-and-sharper focus.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Did you see they are shipping a whole distillery to China?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sc ... s-57825081

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Vigilantism vs. looters spreading in ZA:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/0 ... hemselves/
Acting Minister in the Presidency Khumbudzo Ntshavheni:“Do not infringe on the rights of others and do not take the law into your own hands.”
Yeah, how about don’t loot consonants from other people’s names, babe.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:40 am
BTW, my prediction is a civil war in ZA with Ramaphosans vs. Zumans. The looting is not just economic opportunism. Water treatment facilities and media offices are being attacked, from what I hear.

This is looking to me more and more like an attempted coup d'état...
You never know in South Africa. It looks like the South African version of sending a message to the government with some opportunists adding their 2 cents to stay relevant. Normally coups involve an actual seizure of key infrastructure and the forced removal of key personnel, but what this may be is the South African version of a coup which takes the form of a change in the balance of power within the ruling party. That malevolent fraud Juli-arse Malema is doing his scapegoating thing, this time accusing Pravin Gordhan of orchestrating the replacement of Africans in key economic positions by coloureds and Indians, a silly claim. Gordhan is in the Ramaphosa camp, so maybe Malema is backing Zuma. Zuma's kid is talking resets and praising Pops, which immediately marks him as a fraud. TBH it would not surprise me if this is nothing more than Zuma's bid to avoid his 18 months in prison.

I am hearing speculation that this was a planned, deliberate attack on the food distribution system, which will be confirmed if farms start burning.

On a more positive note I discovered this Dutch woman's channel today.

Takes a foreign visitor to remind you of the wonders on your doorstep. Makes me want to buy a motorbike and tour the country.

ThreeFlangedJavis

My jaw dropped too when , to use Carlson's title for the mendacious cow, Biden's grumpy little flak made that statement. I've said for over a year now that the Democrats are undermining accepted standards and imposing their own agenda and interests as the new imperative to which all must be forced to surrender and I've had the feeling that it's made me unacceptable in polite society. They're coming right out and saying they're colluding with private industry to sensor opinions as if the 1st amendment doesn't exist! They've refused to protect the borders, are busing illegals straight into the interior (to places where Dems need votes, I suspect), even secretly using the military to fly them and are making the most ludicrously hyperbolic and disingenuous claims about voter suppression to remove impediments to illegal voting. They've had harmless conservatives in jail for months now for what amounts to trespass and they have the Capitol police opening up offices in other states. They're out of control. Is anyone in the US buying Biden's crap about voter ID laws being the most serious threat to democracy since the civil war or is everyone appropriately disugusted? Pravda would have been embarrassed to claim something so hurl-worthy.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Facebook’s 'fact-checking' partner Lead Stories is funded in part by a Chinese company called ByteDance LLC, which owns TikTok and has been accused of censorship on behalf of the China’s communist government.

https://media.patriots.win/post/UeJrImqd.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: .
They're out of control. Is anyone in the US buying Biden's crap about voter ID laws being the most serious threat to democracy since the civil war or is everyone appropriately disugusted? Pravda would have been embarrassed to claim something so hurl-worthy.
Their base believes anything they're told. They have a daily Two-Minute Hate over the ' 1/6 Insurrection.' And all the theatrics are for the base. The Dems don't care anymore about convincing the general public.

FYI, polls show 75% - 80% favor voter ID.

Shit is hitting the fan with the audits, and they're running scared. Need to rally l'Ancien Guarde on the hill for last stand.

https://bombardsbodylanguage.com/2021/0 ... the-votes/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Facebook’s 'fact-checking' partner Lead Stories is funded in part by a Chinese company called ByteDance LLC, which owns TikTok and has been accused of censorship on behalf of the China’s communist government.

https://media.patriots.win/post/UeJrImqd.jpeg
Health Feedback is another. FB uses these sham entities the same way the National Enquirer uses one-man UFO newsletters and made-up hollywood gossip websites.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: FB uses these sham entities the same way the National Enquirer uses one-man UFO newsletters and made-up hollywood gossip websites.
Interesting you'd mention that-- I was recently at a nursing home watching a Dorothy Dandridge movie with an old guy.

I looked Dandridge up on wikipedia & learned that she won 2 lawsuit/settlements (and testified in a criminal trial) against celebrity tell-all rags which paid for Fake News tips about her sex life. Her 2nd courtroom win in 1959 pretty-much shut-down the practice of paying sources for fake celeb news... until the National Enquirer relocated its headquarters from NY to Florida in 1971. Presumably FL was a more-lenient jurisdiction.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Iron Maiden, one of the longest-running metal bands alive today, have just dropped a new track...and it's a beast! The video, produced by two Pixar dudes, is also quite entertaining - it's very similar in theme/style to the old "Heavy metal" cartoon. Anyway, if screeching guitar solos and Bruce Dickinson's "air raid" vocals are your thing, give it a play...

(up the Irons!)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Google Drive changes Terms of Service to say files will be scanned for 'medical misinformation' 'election misinformation'.

Also banned: you can't use Google Drive to store evidence that Joe Biden has suddenly developed dementia. Or that Hunter Biden's crack cocaine addiction has relapsed.

And you can't post facts about PTSD which might cause "serious emotional harm" to Melody Hensley.

https://media.communities.win/post/5aq5lWZl.jpeg

John D

Post by John D »

Oh my. Why isn't this one of the biggest stories in the MSM?

Fucking clown world.... all I see in the media are stories about US voting bills causing a new US civil war.

https://quillette.com/2021/07/16/why-vi ... th-africa/

John D

Post by John D »

What the fuck is going on with Milo???? Haha. He is some kind of evangelist odd-ball.

ThreeFlangedJavis

John D wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:34 am
Oh my. Why isn't this one of the biggest stories in the MSM?

Fucking clown world.... all I see in the media are stories about US voting bills causing a new US civil war.

https://quillette.com/2021/07/16/why-vi ... th-africa/
Well, TBF, Georgia's anti voting rights bill is vicious. Joe said so and he wouldn't exaggerate or lie.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ruh roh!! Looks like the major study of ivermectin has faked numbers, plagiarized text, and dodgy ethical aspects:

https://grftr.news/why-was-a-major-stud ... retracted/

https://steamtraen.blogspot.com/2021/07 ... study.html

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... l-concerns

Of course, water carriers gonna carry water, and log rollers gonna roll logs:

https://www.newswise.com/coronavirus/jo ... ivermectin

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: What the fuck is going on with Milo???? Haha. He is some kind of evangelist odd-ball.
"Former homosexualist"

"Reformed sodomite"

So, he's joined the same church as Ted Haggard? Next stop: Truck-stop coke 'n' cock party!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Additional to last: I'm not buying Milo's act. The fucker is still gayer than ten Elton Johns and is trolling the shit out of those bible bashers. Mark my words - time will tell.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: Ruh roh!! Looks like the major study of ivermectin has faked numbers, plagiarized text, and dodgy ethical aspects:

Those first two links are hilarious sources. The first one is a tumblr dedicated to stalking Tim Pool. The 2nd is the wordpress blog of the first guy's pal.

That's some The Orbit- tier "Logrolling".

Haw!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: What the fuck is going on with Milo???? Haha. He is some kind of evangelist odd-ball.
The Devil may have taken Milo's soul, but Milo has taken Joel Osteen's fashion sense.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

that griftr.news link is awesome at debunks:

Andy Ngo DEBUNKED!... Antifa not-actually violent:

"So Antifa Isn’t That Violent After All?

Despite claiming that there are “untold numbers of [antifa] victims,” Ngo struggles to come up with many examples. Leaving aside the attacks which occurred on the day he was assaulted he names only three others, two from 2018. These cases led to arrests and successful prosecutions, which also runs counter to Ngo’s intimation that the police let antifa ‘get away’ with their ‘crimes’. "

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Ruh roh!! Looks like the major study of ivermectin has faked numbers, plagiarized text, and dodgy ethical aspects:

Those first two links are hilarious sources. The first one is a tumblr dedicated to stalking Tim Pool. The 2nd is the wordpress blog of the first guy's pal.

That's some The Orbit- tier "Logrolling".

Haw!
Meanwhile, the paper that trashed Hydroxychloroquine but was retracted due to major issues, is still being cited as evidence.

And for proof that masking works, the CDC lists a 'study' (study) of two hairdressers who wore masks and none of their clients got sick.

We've gone full Lysenko.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I guess the the right thing to do-- is treat this like The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Yeah-- the boy was full of shit previously. But, eventually, there really-was a wolf.

In this case-- an Antifa-sympathizer and BreadTube communist... (whose hobby is Punching Down at the high school dropout, skateboarder, hat wearer, and chronic verbal diarrhea victim Tim Pool)... was assigned by a class professor... to vet the preprint version of a not-yet-peer-reviewed Egyptian Ivermectin study.

And it turns-out the study really-was replete with: 1.) many errors. Perhaps trivial-- but numerous errors nonetheless, and 2.) datasets which are so preposterously improbable-- that they are strong circumstantial evidence of scientific fraud.

And so our Boy Who Cried Tim Pool notified the site which hosted the Egyptian preprint online. And that site ~immediately~ took it down. And our Boy contacted The Guardian-- who ran with the story.

And our Boy vaulted from literally ~two~ Twitter followers, to 154. And our Boy even got this quote into The Guardian: " “there is a whole ivermectin hype dominated by a mix of right-wing figures, anti-vaxxers and outright conspiracists”. Which I'm sure sounded-like a slam dunk to his own ears. But to me-- sounds like he doesn't understand the difference between his own strongest arguments/ and his weakest ones.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Chloroquine? Could be - I didn't mention that.

And not surprised to see (indirectly, via your quoting it) Woofie trashing the sources while ignoring the substance.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: And not surprised to see (indirectly, via your quoting it) Woofie trashing the sources while ignoring the substance.
Lsuoma is literally ignoring what I wrote/ while accusing me of 'ignoring' what his source wrote.

In reality, is there any gap at-all, between 'the substance' of his source's claims & my conclusion about 'the substance' ?
Service Dog wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:39 pm

And it turns-out the [Ivermectin] study really-was replete with: 1.) many errors. Perhaps trivial-- but numerous errors nonetheless, and 2.) datasets which are so preposterously improbable-- that they are strong circumstantial evidence of scientific fraud.

Lsuoma's got some kinda Derangement Syndrome. I have my flaws, but they don't match Lsuoma's accusations against-me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Really?

Post by Really? »

Biden and Harris were just responding to SCIENCE, which can change instantly. The virus cannot be spread at a BLM/Antifa riot. The virus causes superspreader events at weddings. It's that smart.

Before Election Day, Drumpf was a lying fabulist who lied that a vaccine was imminent. After Election Day, the vaccine was a triumph of SCIENCE and anyone who doesn't get it hates SCIENCE and black people.

How is this so hard for you to understand?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Finally watched “King Arthur, Legend of the Sword”

Maybe the mood I’m in, but it was great.

The world is a weird place to dish shit on it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Finally watched “King Arthur, Legend of the Sword”

No commentary on the casting of Tom Wu, Kingsley Ben-Adir or Djimon Hounsou ?

I've enjoyed several versions - but it's the sort of thing that seems impossible to have a canonical version of. For instance I don't know where E H White got his bit about Merlin aging backwards from (or to). Did it have any songs as good as those by Richard Harris?

The world is a strange place - and appears to have been that way for some time...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:

I've enjoyed several versions - but it's the sort of thing that seems impossible to have a canonical version of. For instance I don't know where E H White got his bit about Merlin aging backwards from (or to). Did it have any songs as good as those by Richard Harris?

The world is a strange place - and appears to have been that way for some time...
I put them down to the surreal fantasy vibe, and the fact they didn’t have a forced central role. Assigned the same category as the giant elephants. Probably for the best we didn’t properly get to the Knights of the Round Table.

In fact, I notched the movie as a shorter version of GoT - sparing me the pain of watching the series.

I agree with the non-canonical footings. The legend is more a series of multi purpose tropes and icons. And has been from the start.

I did like Marion Zimmer Bradley literary version, even though she’s American.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ha. It appears Marion is a gnostic priestess with a trad feminist twist.

“I think the neo-pagan movement offers a very viable alternative for people, especially for women, who have been turned off by the abuses of Judeo-Christian organized religions.”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It also appears she was a child rapist and rape enabler.

🤷‍♂️ It’s always hard to get the pagan balance right.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I played a fun tabletop rpg once, about Time Travelers visiting merry olde England. One character brought-along a paperback copy of Mists of Avalon, which fell into the hands of the locals. Comedy hijinks ensued.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote:
Too bad Hattie McDaniel is no longer among the quick.

"Ize don't know nuffin' 'bout pullin' no swords from rocks, Miss Scarlet!"

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: I played a fun tabletop rpg once, about Time Travelers visiting merry olde England. One character brought-along a paperback copy of Mists of Avalon, which fell into the hands of the locals. Comedy hijinks ensued.
Time Travel & King Arthur...I'm sure that never the Twain shall meet for these two subjects.

Well...OK...I guess I could make one exception.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: It also appears she was a child rapist and rape enabler.

🤷‍♂️ It’s always hard to get the pagan balance right.
You Protestants - always having a go at the Papists.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I played a fun tabletop rpg once, about Time Travelers visiting merry olde England. One character brought-along a paperback copy of Mists of Avalon, which fell into the hands of the locals. Comedy hijinks ensued.
Time Travel & King Arthur...I'm sure that never the Twain shall meet for these two subjects.

Now you're just yanking us around...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm listening to Bret Weinstein & Tess Lawrie respond to the Guardian's takedown of the Egyptian Ivermectin study.

1. Bret says the Guardian openly politicizes the issue, framing Ivermectin as a rightwing thing.

2. Lawrie's meta-study team had concerns about the Egypt study. When Lawrie contacted Egypt-guy he responded quickly, but Lawrie's team found his replies lacking. "He addressed some questions adequately" but "we could not get full clarification" on some questions. Lawrie & Co. couldn't discern whether his replies were obfuscation or honest miscommunication due to a language barrier. Unable to determine if the study should be rated 'High' or 'Low' confidence, they rated it 'Uncertain'.

3. When the meta-study includes the Egypt study-- the overall Reduction In Death From Covid among patients using Ivermectin As A Treatment was 62%
When the Egypt study is removed from the meta-study-- the effectiveness of Ivermectin falls to a 49% Reduction in Covid Deaths.

4. Bret notes the weakness of a big, blind randomized control trial: it is testing one narrow hypothesis. One specific protocol: one dosage, one specific way of administering a drug. If that exact protocol is not effective, it can give the impression that a drug is not effective. In a meta-analysis of many studies-- a variety of dosages, frequencies of dosage, all sorts of factors-- vary. And so an overall impression can emerge: whether certain dosage levels are more effective than others. Some of the studies in the meta-analysis used very low dosages/ very few doses. So the apparent reduction in Covid deaths varies wildly-- a 'confidence interval' ranging from above 73% Reduction In Deaths, down to 5%, depending how the drug is applied/ how-sick the patients were before receiving Ivermectin, etc.

5. Bret says Egypt-guy is a highly-regarded professor emeritus with a highly-regarded team. We don't know whether the Guardian gave them a fair chance to respond to the allegations, before going to press. [We've all seen activists disregard for the long honorable careers of scientists/ in pursuit of scoring political points.]

6. Lawrie: "It's not the only study where we had some concerns". For example a study in Colombia which was criticized for biases in study-design.

7. When looking at Ivermectin to prevent Covid (rather than as a treatment for those already-sick)... removing the Egypt study from the meta-analysis actually INCREASES the reported-effectiveness of Ivermectin. That's' because Egypt reported a lower degree of effectiveness than the other studies did. So removing Egypt's lower number means the remaining average is actually Higher.

[That's hilarious. The Guardian debunked the most-pessimistic study of Ivermectin. :lol: Leaving the optimistic claims intact. :oops: ]

to be cont'd...

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Comes from being well-Connecticutted.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

8. Bret notes that the whole-point of a double-blind (or triple or quadruple -blind) large-scale randomized control trial... is to remove bias.
But such trials are expensive & difficult-- which results in a bias Toward the types of new, expensive, corporate drugs-- produced by companies which can afford such trials.

Regarding anything-short of that-- as illegitimate-- distorts our understanding of which medicines are really most effective.

9. Lawrie proposes a 'pie' model which integrates a variety of forms of data... outside the scope of randomized control trials: including real-world data from the field, testimonials from patients, expert consensus, practical real-world feasibility [cost, availability], & long-term safety concerns.

10. Lawrie cites the Mexican distribution of Ivermectin as an example of a non-randomized non-blind test, which nonetheless has real value: 75,000 Mexicans who tested positive were offered 2 doses of Ivermectin to take home and self-administer. Those who accepted the Ivermectin were subsequently 50 to 70% less likely to be hospitalized for Covid/ than those who refused Ivermectin.

11. Lawrie says she has never seen such a large body of evidence in-favor of a treatment be ignored... until Ivermectin.

12. Lawrie says that Ivermectin was considered safe, with a track record of 4 billion doses having been given over the years. Until January 2021-- when journalism reports began appearing-- questioning the safety of Ivermectin. Since then-- as 'hundreds of thousands' of Ivermectin does were given-- specifically FOR Covid-- she has watched the WHO reporting-system for adverse effects of drugs... and 'hardly any' signed of Ivermectin safety problems-- has appeared.

Lawrie tracks the WHO safety reports for Ivermectin and the new jabs on the same database. Since 1992, there are only about 5,000 reports of adverse effects of Ivermectin. 1.3 Million for the new jabs. Including 7,300 jab deaths, according to WHO. And 15,000 jab deaths, according to the European database. In the UK: 1,400 jab deaths recorded. "Life-threatening and life-changing effects" are another category which is recorded-- but there is a lack of tracking... to know how many of those also resulted in death.

13. Bret sez there are 2 kinds of "scientific consensus". The first kind is emerges 'naturally' as scientists' opinions slowly converge on an agreed-truth, in direct response to the actual evidence available. As opposed to a 'very unnatural' consensus which is 'lept to' for reasons beyond what the evidence actually indicates.

14. Lawrie notes how the warmly the Colombia study of Ivermectin was received (including publication in JAMA)... because it appeared to show Ivermectin was INeffective.
When flaws in that study were discovered-- there was no article in The Guardian declaring that the anti-Ivermectin side had been dealt a critical blow.

15. Lawrie describes another review--- by 'Roman et al.'-- which seemed to suggest that Ivermectin showed "no difference" in outcomes. That conclusion was prominently touted in the media. Yet flaws were discovered in the review-- showing they had interpreted the data incorrectly: the data DID show improved outcomes due to Ivermectin. The authors corrected the specific section where they erred-- without changing their conclusion! Unlike the Egypt study-- the Roman et al. study has not been retracted. Lawrie has requested it be retracted. Needless to say: the initial media coverage was not repeated as subsequent developments emerged.

16. Lawrie describes a British & International pro-Ivermectin group of doctors. And groups in the Phillipines, Dutch, Australia... seeking their govts to allow Ivermectin as a treatment. And they're working to develop early-treatment protocol options which include Ivermection/ and as a viable alternative to the jab.

17. Many who got the jab still get Covid & they might need Ivermectin to fight getting&spreading variants. And Ivermectin might help those who develop Covid-like symptoms from the jab itself.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Sad to see/hear Neil deGrasse Tyson do the woke-shuffle.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:

Comes from being well-Connecticutted.
I guess you court my meaning.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen – and Otherkin,

Long time no see. Nice to see that some of you still miss me – even if only for entertainment purposes ;) – so thought I would weigh-in with an update or two.
A couple of days of bone marrow biopsies, root canals, massive volumes of blood tests, and dealing with Steersman under a new name in the comments of some other forum (recognised by an excessive use of "kettle of fish") has left me a little drained. Maybe you chaps will hold back the waves of political correctness for a little while?
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... an#p497046

Nice to see you still alive and kicking there Screwtape; best of luck with the transplant.

Those other forums wouldn’t include the Quillette Circle or Science Based Medicine, particularly the “reviews” there of Shrier’s “Irreversible Damage”? At best, those reviews call into question whether SBM is just paying lip-service to the principles of science, the whole concept of gender being little better than astrology, little better than the pseudoscience of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator system (no better than a “Chinese fortune cookie” according to Wikipedia). Although there are some elements that bear some weight; a letter at the BMJ you might be interested in:
Sex and gender are not synonymous. Sex, unless otherwise specified, relates to biology: the gametes, chromosomes, hormones, and reproductive organs. Gender relates to societal roles, behaviours, and expectations that vary with time and place, historically and geographically. These categories describe different attributes that must be considered depending on the purpose they are intended for.1 The World Health Organization states, “Gender is used to describe the characteristics of women and men that are socially constructed, while sex refers to those that are biologically determined.”
https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n735

Some quite serious holes in the WHO’s definition – many behaviours derive from or are determined, to a greater or lesser extent, by biological factors – but it is at least something of a coherent outlook that should serve as a common reference point.
Gun-totin' new Congresslady responds to Steersman Pelosi's gender-edict:
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... an#p500676

Crunch time coming up – the tide seems to be turning, at least according to quite a good review in The Guardian – particularly for them – of both Kathleen Stock’s “Material Girls” and Helen Joyce’s latest: Trans: When Ideology Meets Reality:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... ck-reviews

However, as I’ve argued in The Times review of the latter, both of them encompass some serious deficiencies if not egregious flaws and outright howlers:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tran ... -txtm00rf2

Rather large amount of “ideological bias” in the “psychology of sex and gender” - most of it from feminist ideologues - as cogently argued in an illuminating essay at Research Gate by Marco Del Giudice at the University of New Mexico:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... and_Gender

But both of them seem rather desperate to have their cake and eat it too, Stock by peddling the cluster-category definition of the sexes which conflicts very badly with the standard biological definition that – as Helen Joyce Herself, in a Quillette essay, emphasized – “holds across all of biology”:

https://quillette.com/2020/06/20/she-wh ... -be-named/

Y’all might be interested in my LetterWiki to Colin Wright on the topic; he’s more or less abandoned his “polythetic category” definition – AKA the cluster category of Stock – but he has yet to repudiate his Times letter that is more or less equivalent to it:

https://letter.wiki/conversation/876

As for Joyce, while she seems to champion the “adult human female” definition for “woman”, and has commendably accepted “produces ova” (in the same Quillette essay) as the definition for “female”, she seems strangely reluctant to accept that “produces ova” qualifies as the “necessary & sufficient condition” to “qualify as a referent of the term”. Something of a serious flaw in someone who supposedly has a Ph.D. in mathematics.

Interestingly though, Andrew Doyle, in a recent GBN segment, quoted the “adult human female” definition. Although, again, few seem willing to consider the consequences of the biological, and entirely scientific, definition for the sexes by which – as Paul Griffiths (University of Sydney, prof in the philosophy of science, co-author of Genetics & Philosophy) argued in a rather brilliant and quite illuminating essay at Aeon – to have a sex means to have the ability “to make sperm or to make ova”. And by which many members of many species, including the human one, are neither male nor female, AKA, sexless. No tickee, no washee:

https://aeon.co/essays/the-existence-of ... -diversity
I do miss Steersman. His lengthy posts were a personal favourite and always raised a smile.

Here's one for my homie!
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... an#p497054

:) Thanks for “turning down a glass” for me there Bhurzum, although just forgotten – more or less – but not yet gone.

BTW, how’s the back? Unlikely to be doing any climbing, but I hope your mobility has improved.

All the news that’s fit to print; cheers All

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: Thanks for “turning down a glass” for me there Bhurzum, although just forgotten – more or less – but not yet gone.
Yay! The Guv'nor is back! Oh, and I'm always happy to raise-the-wrist when it comes to remembering old battle-buddies! I just wish your time away from the 'pit wasn't so lengthy...
Steersman wrote: BTW, how’s the back? Unlikely to be doing any climbing, but I hope your mobility has improved.
I'm knackered, matey. It's a vicious combination of wrecked back, buggered knee and lack of motivation. I walk with a bit of a limp/hobble and sometimes, after a lengthy period of inactivity (sitting down, reading etc), my knee makes the most horrific crunching/grinding sound when I move and it's always accompanied by the most intense stabbing pain I've ever experienced. It's getting pretty bad, my family are pushing me to give up my hounds and lead a less active lifestyle. Personally, I think my daily wobbles with the dogs are a good thing (must stay active, keep the blood pumping and the joints moving!) and I'll be buggered if I'm going to give them up.

Anyway, glad to hear you're still fighting the good fight and hopefully you'll start posting here again!