A(nother) metaphor for the West.

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

White men can't jump chimpout

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Paper in a medical journal describes whiteness as "a malignant, parasitic-like condition."

Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites—to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation....
https://www.newsweek.com/research-artic ... on-1599129

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Paper in a medical journal describes whiteness as "a malignant, parasitic-like condition."

Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites—to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation....
At least they capitalized "Whiteness."

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Already been done - by Erik Larsen in his 'Savage Dragon' comic

Heavy_Flo.jpg
(29.09 KiB) Downloaded 362 times

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 am
Well, this just spoiled her GoT bathing scenes for me:

Actress Emilia Clarke creates comic book hero whose superpowers come from menstruation
If she popularises blood and rotting eggs then I'll be the first to hail her superpowers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Paper in a medical journal describes whiteness as "a malignant, parasitic-like condition."

Dammit - I was just about to post that, but here's the PubMed link: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34039063/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Author of the peer-reviewed paper pathologizing the whites:

Donald Moss
Program Chair of APsaA

With 40+ years of clinical experience, author of 4 books, 60+ articles, winner of the Elizabeth Young-Bruehl award from the IPA for his work against prejudice, current Program Chair of APsaA, Moss is a founding member of Green Gang, a group of analysts and scientists focusing on climate change and its denial. Recent articles include “Our Crying Planet” (Psychoanalytic Quarterly) and “Defensive Representational Strategies in a Time of Cataclysmic Climate Change” (Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies). Just returned from giving a Plenary Address in South Africa, “On Having Whiteness”, he is working on his next book, “Hating, Abhorring and Wishing to Destroy”, appearing in 2020.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Apparently, the APsaA, realizing their Freudian modality is junk, reimagined themselves as anti-racist shrinks:
We believe that as psychoanalysts our shared values include tolerance of difference, seeking emotional truth, empathy and listening, understanding the role of individual and collective trauma, diversity in every sense of the word, and fundamental human equality.

We are pleased to announce the formation of The Dorothy Holmes Commission on Racial Equality to lead APsaA in addressing racism in our Association and in society. Please visit apsa.org/commission-on-racial-equality for more information and also read: APsaA Statement on Racism

Recent press statements related to deadly incidents of racism:

APsaA Decries the Murder of Ahmaud Arbery
Racism Needs to Be Heard and Addressed
APsaA Affirms That Black Trans Lives Matter
Othering is a Public Health Crisis

https://apsa.org/addressing-racism

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This one's a couple blocks south of me, over-by the last enclave of descendants of Ellis Island/ Dead End Kids -type jews.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/b ... an-bodega/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Moss is a founding member of Green Gang
Those guys were some real head bangers!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Finally found a simple explanation of crypto currency that makes sense:

https://babylonbee.com/news/the-babylon ... T15bZJCDjY

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

"But Cullors' move to step down is not enough to satisfy a growing number of BLM chapters' demand for change within the organization. Referring to initial calls for more transparency and accountability from the "BLM 10," the name for the ten original BLM chapters, a new group, deemed the "BLM 10 Plus" is now speaking out."

Plus. Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Never add a plus to a movement you fools!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

What about the Eleven Plus?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HelpingHand wrote: Never add a plus to a movement you fools!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Zoom masturbator, Jeffrey Toobin, reinstated at CNN. I think he got off too easy, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 641703002/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Though he was quite hard on himself in his apology.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tugs at your banjo heartstrings, don't it?

Slither

Post by Slither »

Hi all! It's been a long time since I've posted, but I've been keeping up with the shenanigans here.

I've got a question for you all: is the "Single-family housing is racist" claim happening everywhere, or it just local to where I'm now living?

In my county (Arlington, VA) the government "insiders" are all claiming that single-family housing is racist and there is a "study" which has a pre-determined conclusion that the zoning for the entire county must be changed so there are no longer ANY areas zoned only for single-family houses. They want condos, townhouses or duplexes everywhere. For "racial justice".

Anyone else dealing with stuff like this? I've been having fun writing 6-page factchecks in response to an idiot promoting this on a local-news website, but the fact that the county government is also pushing this is troublesome. Who comes up with notions like this?

Slither

Post by Slither »

And, just to show off, here's one of my fact-checks. Enjoy!

https://www.arlnow.com/2021/06/04/lyons ... 5408022635

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Yep, that shit is happening in Seattle too.

Slither

Post by Slither »

Lsuoma wrote: Yep, that shit is happening in Seattle too.
*sigh* If anyone has any links to refutations, please share!

Oh, and since different browsers seem to do different things, the link above to my fact-check should be to the comment that starts "Fact-checking Lyon’s Legacy Part VII: A Play in Two Acts". (As you can see, I decided to have fun.)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:51 pm
Finally found a simple explanation of crypto currency that makes sense:

https://babylonbee.com/news/the-babylon ... T15bZJCDjY
Funny, scores points, but does it really say anything meaningful about the good cryptos? Crystal balls are needed because the core strength of crypto blockchains is the de-centralisation of the blockchain and the near impossibility of altering it with current computing power, but nobody knows how future advances like quantum computing are going to change that. Governments are trying to take control of them, which would seem to indicate that they see them as a viable alternative to fiat. Whatever their shortcomings they are a means of making unheard of profits if you know what you are doing. Musk temporarily denting the price of BT is no more significant than Soros crashing Sterling. People who think that the dollar is too strong to be crashed like Sterling are perhaps deluding themselves. The wealthiest individuals can now leverage massive amounts of money and can feasibly cause a run on the dollar. At least one of the biggest players out there has indicated that he is expecting exactly that and is getting into cryptos. The Harris/Dopey Joe admin is doing all it can to help that along by signalling their intention to commit national suicide. Self-abasement is never a good foreign policy.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Slither wrote: Anyone else dealing with stuff like this? I've been having fun writing 6-page factchecks in response to an idiot promoting this on a local-news website, but the fact that the county government is also pushing this is troublesome. Who comes up with notions like this?
Good for you. Me, when I'm confronted with a dogshit idea like that one, something not even good enough to be wrong, I go with one of two responses:

"Don't be ridiculous!"
or
"Oh, fuck off."

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Keating

Post by Keating »

Slither wrote: Hi all! It's been a long time since I've posted, but I've been keeping up with the shenanigans here.

I've got a question for you all: is the "Single-family housing is racist" claim happening everywhere, or it just local to where I'm now living?

In my county (Arlington, VA) the government "insiders" are all claiming that single-family housing is racist and there is a "study" which has a pre-determined conclusion that the zoning for the entire county must be changed so there are no longer ANY areas zoned only for single-family houses. They want condos, townhouses or duplexes everywhere. For "racial justice".

Anyone else dealing with stuff like this? I've been having fun writing 6-page factchecks in response to an idiot promoting this on a local-news website, but the fact that the county government is also pushing this is troublesome. Who comes up with notions like this?
At least you get an excuse to put up condos and duplexes…

Slither

Post by Slither »

Keating wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:34 am
At least you get an excuse to put up condos and duplexes…
Indeed. And the fact that this makes a lot of money for developers and increases tax revenue is just entirely a co-incidence. Single family houses are simply racist while duplexes and townhouses aren't, and that's all there is to it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

From The Bee:
article-8839-1.jpg
(85.21 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

Hey Brive, what's going on up your way?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I really like Eric Clapton's demeanor in this video. He's self-aware about his own "intuitive" limitations (such as trusting the AstraZeneca jab because it was developed at Oxford). He describes his anxiety, feelings of being shunned, & personal difficulties with his daughters-- due to disagreements about the propaganda, coercion, censorship, and restricted freedoms-- due to govt Covid policy.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Twitchers, you thought your racist, white supremacist hobby would go unchallenged?
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/09/us/b ... index.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Every tweet/thread is ablaze with screeching outrage...

https://twitter.com/i/events/1404805446259470336?s=20

(even I'm forced to admit this is a bit much!)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Addendum to last (edit button, dag-nabbit!)...

"Hungary passes law banning the 'promotion' of LGBTQ content to minors"

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I NPR hates it, it must be good then.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

If

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kipling was not the first thing that came to mind...

Captain Mainwaring turns up at some point - but you'll have to watch the whole movie for that particular Lowe.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Despite sounding like a forgotten sixties musical, the second part of that trilogy, O Lucky Man, haunts me in a way that evokes every little sordid part of 1960's Britain. Plus you get Arthur Lowe in multiple roles (including a convincing blackface) and Helen Mirren.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hmm. I could never have anticipated this. 😐 🇨🇳

ThreeFlangedJavis

Britain is now officially under totalitarian rule. Extreme statement? I don't think so. Show an interest in the wrong politician, wear a MAGA hat, criticise the wrong religion, express hatred for murderers or anything in a similar vein and it is all bundled up into evidence for a right wing hate offence. And there is no redemption, at least for this victim. The system has him marked and they are going to make his life hell. It is a sad state of affairs when even the supposedly offended religionists and an Imam show more tolerance for the "offender" than the state. The current US admin is behaving in a similar vein, criminalising political opposition and leveraging the justice system, but they have a harder time of it because of the constitution which some jurisdictions still adhere to and the armed citizenry. Even if you don't agree that the indigenous population and culture of Britain are under deliberate attack, ask yourself how they would fight back if that were the case. They couldn't. Any political movement that tried would be shut down as a hate movement. It will eventually reach the point where the choice is submission or armed revolution. Armed revolution is a near impossibility though, given the gun laws. This is obviously not a call for violence, that is always the very last option.

And the video is age-restricted, quelle surprise. Only queer and trans indoctrination is suitable for youngsters.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I NPR hates it, it must be good then.

Looks like it was taken down.

Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://t ... 70336?s=20
Hungary passes law banning the 'promotion' of LGBTQ content to minors

Lawmakers in Hungary passed legislation on Tuesday that bans the "promotion" of LGBTQ content to minors, in a move the government says is, in part, aimed at protecting children. Critics, however, claim that the law — which effectively bans educational programs and publicity of LGBTQ groups — will restrict freedom of expression and children's rights, the AFP reports.
If you don't want a draq queen to twerk on and cuddle with your four-year-old, you're an intolerant bigot. They need to know that information and have those experiences if you want them to be accepting of others.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Uh oh. From our friends at another board, I learn that our old acquaintance Danielle Muscato has been profiled by the police and arrested on eight charges:

https://kiwifarms.net/attachments/davea ... g.2266984/

Danielle's friend has started a GoFundMe and is setting the record straight about the injustice that has transpired. She's only at 10K our of her 55K goal. Won't you dig deep?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rescuedanielle
Danielle Muscato, a civil rights activist who regularly attends protests for Black Lives Matter and other causes, has been arrested in Tennessee. She was targeted on a traffic stop due to being trans, and charged with manufacturing and intent to distribute, among other things, because she travels with cooking equipment to cook for her friends.

Danielle is being held in solitary confinement, and she is not regularly getting her critical heart medication. She has reported that there are transphobic officers who have access to her and we who are coordinating her care are very concerned about her remaining in this situation any longer than absolutely necessary.

At this time, we need to raise $55,000 to have her released, and that money will go directly to the court. If she is released and cleared of the charges, the money will be returned to her. Anything raised that doesn't go to her legal fees or bail will be donated back to transgender and Black Lives Matter causes and/or used to further Danielle's activist work in those areas.
I am not sure what "among other things " means, but I was unaware that Gordon Ramsay and El Chapo use the same equipment for their respective trades.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: Uh oh. From our friends at another board, I learn that our old acquaintance Danielle Muscato has been profiled by the police and arrested on eight charges:

https://kiwifarms.net/attachments/davea ... g.2266984/

Danielle's friend has started a GoFundMe and is setting the record straight about the injustice that has transpired. She's only at 10K our of her 55K goal. Won't you dig deep?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rescuedanielle
Danielle Muscato, a civil rights activist who regularly attends protests for Black Lives Matter and other causes, has been arrested in Tennessee. She was targeted on a traffic stop due to being trans, and charged with manufacturing and intent to distribute, among other things, because she travels with cooking equipment to cook for her friends.

Danielle is being held in solitary confinement, and she is not regularly getting her critical heart medication. She has reported that there are transphobic officers who have access to her and we who are coordinating her care are very concerned about her remaining in this situation any longer than absolutely necessary.

At this time, we need to raise $55,000 to have her released, and that money will go directly to the court. If she is released and cleared of the charges, the money will be returned to her. Anything raised that doesn't go to her legal fees or bail will be donated back to transgender and Black Lives Matter causes and/or used to further Danielle's activist work in those areas.
I am not sure what "among other things " means, but I was unaware that Gordon Ramsay and El Chapo use the same equipment for their respective trades.
Insult added to injury -- booked as a male!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

she travels with cooking equipment to cook for her friends.
And that duffel bag full of Sudafed was for her sick friends.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Really?

Post by Really? »

Stop. Biden was doing his best. It's not about protecting America's interests or being non-senile. It's about not saying mean thins on Twitter.

We need to finish up the 25th Amendment investigation into Trump's mental ability, obviously. Years of investigation.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: ...Arthur Lowe...
You're rather burying the lede with no mention of Graham Crowden or Ralph Richardson.

There's probably enough material for a late sixties / early seventies Lowe-themed film festival - which would include 'The Ruling Class' as well as others mentioned here.

Ah well - I feel like I'm de-railing the conversation somewhat - less about 'The Bed-Sitting Room' and more dispatches from the current end of the world situation to follow...

...meanwhile in Thetford...
Mainwaring.jpg
(82.93 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

ThreeFlangedJavis

Service Dog wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm
Putin's response is "exactly how I wanted you to feel" and "is that some kind of lame threat?"

ThreeFlangedJavis

Weinstein in his own very precise, yet somehow slightly fuzzy, manner makes a lot of very convincing points about the origin of Covid, the government responses to it and the suppression of information. It's all stuff that you've probably heard before but delivered in a more measured way and being delivered in one go it contextualises it. The glaring omissions, things which can get your channel pulled, are deliberate and acknowedged. Of note is his opinion on one of the consequences of the suppression of certain treatment options. He posits that we potentially have an adequate set of treatment options to eliminate Covid before it adapts sufficiently to become a permanent problem, but the suppression of some of those options for political and/or financial reasons is wasting the opportunity. It is almost as if there are forces which are quite happy to have Covid shape our world.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Early in round one and Biden's chin is looking vulnerable. Is Putin going to put him down or will Joe trip over his own feet?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden greenlights Putin to cyberattack all US targets. (Minus 16 targets).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Gaetz exposes hit-piece journalism, with texts & recordings.

Reporters from Mother Jones and The Daily Beast-- threatened to publish people's names in incriminating-sounding articles, unless they contributed something incriminating-sounding about Matt Gaetz.

https://thenationalpulse.com/breaking/m ... reporters/