The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Old subthreads
ThreeFlangedJavis

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 am
Yawn. Call me when it's sustained over 3-6-9 months.
Take what you will from this. According to Keiser actual inflation is 10%. Perhaps more attention should be paid to the Bitcoin price. As Keiser says it is the only really freely traded currency and it's value against the dollar is saying something.

Beginning to think that the decline of religion, infestation of woke ideologies and other cultural factors usually cited are not the root causes of turmoil. In the normal course these would just be irritating background noise of limited influence in the practical world. They need to be fertilised by a more fundamental force to become the monstrosities they have and the state of the economy is that force. The actions of the establishment, including the insanity of the current US admin, can be seen as attempts to distract the pitchfork bearing peasants and criminalise the demographics hardest hit by the fallout from the super-rich money train.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

mordacious1 wrote: Oh boy, NYC gets a new statue:

:think:
The artist is Sanford Biggers. If I remember correctly (possibly thinking of a different black gen x'er) he socialized with my art-school friends in the 90's. Back then, the guy I'm thinking of... was drawing Mickey Mouse on chalkboards, then half-erasing 'em.

His career is Morehouse, Harvard, Columbia... TedTalks... the big-money Marianne Boesky gallery... the right guy in the right time & place.

He has a knack for juxtaposing profound-seeming, visually-appealing elements-- into impressive piles-- which don't say anything in particular.

The worst thing I can say about his art-- is also the best thing: It doesn't make enough sense, to be preachy.

He collected family-heirloom blankets from families who once owned slaves-- then he painted on them like Basquiat... proving... what?

It's too amoral to be moralistic. Maybe someday the black radicals will notice he's more attached to 'pretty' than to dogma.

Look!... here's his beautiful rendition of a slave ship:

"Sanford Biggers, detail from Lotus, 2007, etched glass, colored LED's. The image etched onto the glass is derived from the drawings of the cargo hold on an 18th century slave vessel, 84in in diameter. Installed at The Rubin Museum. Credit: Sanford Biggers at The Rubin Museum."

This says it all, for his level of 'edgy' -ness...

Apparently the Rockefeller Center bighead sculpture-- speaks. If you ask it a question, it will answer with vague profundities voiced by various celebrities. Perfect.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
From the Beeb:
'A big miss'

Inflation is breaching the Federal Reserve's target of 2% and this has raised fears it might need to raise interest rates to cool things down.

Seema Shah, chief strategist at the investment firm Principal Global Investors, says the figures marked a "big miss".

"US CPI inflation has come in meaningfully higher than expected and will further stoke concerns that the Fed has misread the inflation story," she said.

"Markets were already expecting a rise in inflation - the big question is how sticky that inflation is. That has not been answered today, nor will it be answered for several months."

Stock markets slide on fears of rising inflation
President Biden's claims on the US economy fact-checked
US economy accelerates as recovery continues

Other central banks have also played down fears of inflation.

The Fed, for example, has insisted that increases would be temporary before levelling out as the economy reopens following Covid-19 restrictions.

Prices for airline fares, for example, were up 9.6% from April 2020 as as rules around travel ease in the US.

The Fed's Vice Chair, Richard Clarida, said on Wednesday that he was "surprised" by the jump during a National Association for Business Economics conference.

But he added: "We've been saying for some time that reopening the economy would put some upward pressure on the price level.

"We have pent-up demand in the economy. It may take some time for supply to rise to the level of demand," he said.

Kathy Bostjancic, of Oxford Economics, shared a similar view: "In the coming months, ongoing base effects, price increases stemming from the reopening of the economy and some pass-through of higher prices from supply chain bottlenecks should prompt higher inflation."

"However, we believe part of the acceleration in inflation will be transitory, and we share the Fed's view that this isn't the start of an upward inflationary spiral," she said, predicting the price increases would cool down next year.
And yes, I trust that perspective about as much as I do the Mises institute guy (Murphy someone or other)? They're all economists, and, they are all just waving the chicken bones.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

So Bhurzo, would you kick Carol Decker's back door off its hinges? Is she a GYLF?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: So Bhurzo, would you kick Carol Decker's back door off its hinges? Is she a GYLF?
If she bought me a crate of Stella (to lower my standards) and promised not to tell my mates, I would possibly split her farting tackle.

https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20, ... d7cc_1.jpg

As for GYLF status - not particularly. She was ok(ish) in her youth but time has not been kind to her.

Anyway, why have you reduced me to a one-dimensional shit-gibbon who exists purely to offend and/or objectify women? Oh, wait, I kinda done that to myself, huh?

:doh:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Anyway, why have you reduced me to a one-dimensional shit-gibbon who exists purely to offend and/or objectify women?
Don't go so hard on yourself -- offend and objectify are two dimensions.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

[/quote]
Lsuoma wrote: Yawn.
Poor little sleepy grumpy dopey fella.
Lsuoma wrote: And yes, I trust that perspective about as much as I do the Mises institute guy (Murphy someone or other)? They're all economists, and, they are all just waving the chicken bones.
This isn't a case of multiple dodgy schools of economic thought-- all making absurd claims-- with no way to know who is right.

Kelton & your MMT bunch are unilaterally claiming that every other school of thought-- including simple common sense-- is wrong.

And everyone-else has responded-- not by throwing their own dodgy theories into the fray-- but by simply pointing out the gaping holes in MMT claims.

Which remaining school is in the right-- may be in question. But MMT is out of the running.

You don't-even have to rely on Bob Murphy, or Larry Summers, or Paul Krugman-- to evaluate MMT's claims...

just watch Stephanie Kelton herself, 10 months ago, making her case that doubling weekly unemployment benefits wouldn't incentivize workers to stay home/ rather than return to work. And she said Inflation wouldn't happen. And she said the the only possible way to get people back to work.. is NOT ending the lockdowns... but, rather, it's the govt spending even more Trillions-- to create guaranteed govt jobs for all those people.

Back then, Krystal & Saagar said she was 'dismantling' GOP 'myths'... (except then the myths came true.)

Another eye-opener is Kelton speaking 2 or more years ago. Probably on CNBC? (If not-- CNBC has re-used the interview footage often, adding their own logo.) The video I'm talking-about has this backdrop...

...but don't settle-for the chopped-up version. The original is 19 minutes long, or longer...

Back then, she had praise for Trump's enormous spending-- and his economic wisdom-- which would not make her Bernie/AOC fans happy at all.

She said A LOT of 'off message' stuff in that interview, which is probably why it's easy to find chopped-up versions, but hard to find the original.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

What a bunch of sons-of-birthing-persons.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Take what you will from this. According to Keiser actual inflation is 10%. Perhaps more attention should be paid to the Bitcoin price. As Keiser says it is the only really freely traded currency and it's value against the dollar is saying something.

Beginning to think that the decline of religion, infestation of woke ideologies and other cultural factors usually cited are not the root causes of turmoil. In the normal course these would just be irritating background noise of limited influence in the practical world. They need to be fertilised by a more fundamental force to become the monstrosities they have and the state of the economy is that force. The actions of the establishment, including the insanity of the current US admin, can be seen as attempts to distract the pitchfork bearing peasants and criminalise the demographics hardest hit by the fallout from the super-rich money train.
Yep. BTC is a great currency when a loony Serth Effrican can tank it on a whim.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: And she said the the only possible way to get people back to work.. is NOT ending the lockdowns... but, rather, it's govt spending
And here we are, a year later, we finally have a President of such dazzling intellect... that he can make MMT Dreams into Mmm Mmm Good reality...

"...roads, bridges, broadband, all — infrastructure. But I’m not giving up on the fact that we have two million women not able to go back to work because all the daycare centers are closed, they’re out of business.” --Joe Biden, today

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05 ... re-closed/

But what about all the gas stations with no gasoline, Joe? Can MMT solve that?

“I think that this shows that I think we have to make a greater investment in education as it relates to being able to train and graduate more people proficient in cybersecurity." --Joe Biden, today

https://www.breitbart.com/education/202 ... -shortage/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

For all you Sherman fans (whatever did happen to Vicky Caramel?):

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: (whatever did happen to Vicky Caramel?)
She's out there...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQYYdKgXYAIyPD8.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Time to buy a ton of popcorn, booze and settle down in front of a live newsfeed. The IDF don't fuck around!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: The IDF don't fuck around!
Racists!
► Show Spoiler

John D

Post by John D »

This is pretty interesting. Lab leak.... yep... for sure. 100%.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: The IDF don't fuck around!
Racists!
► Show Spoiler
That is absolutely mental!

Well, I don't want to appear racist - time to dust off my best raping trousers and head to Palestine!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fauci: I did not kill my wife. I hired a hit man to do it for me.

Beyond all this, why the fuck are we funding the Chi-Coms' research labs? And even our own labs in the US are overrun with Chinese scientists who are CCP members.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:01 am
Fauci: I did not kill my wife. I hired a hit man to do it for me.

Beyond all this, why the fuck are we funding the Chi-Coms' research labs? And even our own labs in the US are overrun with Chinese scientists who are CCP members.
I had the same thoughts.

"Look, I'm not banging the nanny. And if I were, it wouldn't be sex."

And everyone, look! I found this echo of the past. I don't recall seeing it posted here.

If you'll recall, David Silverman made the mistake of treating a woman in the atheist community like a normal human being. You'll recall Rebecca Vitsmun's hilarious HE...CARESSED...MY...SACRUM interview with David Smalley.

Well, it looks like one of BPD Vitsmun's friends has turned on her and did an interview/conversation in which she apologizes.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I was just sharing a Goodness Gracious Me video with a colleague, and I remembered that the babe second from right in the back row is possibly the sexiest thing I have ever seen.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Er, make that second from the left when looking from the front.

Keating

Post by Keating »

The mouse plague has come to Canberra. I've killed 10 mice and 5 rats in my small back yard in the last couple of weeks, with no sign of them stopping. They've been disturbing the birds and I want to get rid of them before they get any ideas about coming inside as it gets colder. I had to drown one mouse who only get his leg caught in the trap and survived.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

YouTube recommended this meeting of Ted Cruz & Eric Weinstein.

I hadn't seen it previously.

Something about it struck me as especially-good. Then I realized: it's from last July.

You know you're living in an eventful time, when a conversation from less than a year ago-- seems impossibly candid...

...because so much stuff has happened since-then, to turn mundane statements sensational.

For example-- Weinstein makes a throwaway remark about powerful people & air travel-- which is far more poignant after Ted Cruz went to Cancun while Texas froze. Several other topics would be too radioactive to speak so openly about now-- so re-visiting last-year holds these guys accountable for their old baggage.

I regard Eric Weinstein as a Loki or Devil-like figure. He exudes perverse joy in the conceptual webs-- tangled traps he weaves. Ted Cruz holds his own-- in the role of the good-hearted country boy with a fiddle. And a law degree from Harvard. The other guy-- Michael Knowles-- plays the dumb version of a boomer Republican ("long time listener, first time caller!"). Knowles is easily-confused when Weinstein alternates between condemning Ronald Reagan/ and condemning Maoist university elites. ("Whuuttttt??! You hate booooth??? Kuh-ray-zeee!")

Weinstein's description of the crumbling pyramid-scheme of higher education-- and his insinuation that other American institutions are following-suit... is an entirely-different angle of attack-- from James Lindsay's critique of woke-ism. And different from others who decry 'cultural marxism'. But Weinstein's critique dovetails perfectly with those other critics.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote: The mouse plague has come to Canberra. I've killed 10 mice and 5 rats in my small back yard in the last couple of weeks, with no sign of them stopping. They've been disturbing the birds and I want to get rid of them before they get any ideas about coming inside as it gets colder. I had to drown one mouse who only get his leg caught in the trap and survived.
This guy has hundreds of vids about mice, rats, traps etc. Everything from high-tech machines all the way down to bean-can jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/historichunter

I'm not saying you don't already know how to catch the wee buggers, just suggesting you might enjoy the content.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I'm already acquainted - good content.

Sometimes I feel bad about how many I'm killing, sometimes I feel like building a skull platform from their bodies.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Keating wrote: I'm already acquainted - good content.

Sometimes I feel bad about how many I'm killing, sometimes I feel like building a skull platform from their bodies.
"Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne!" — Khornate Warcry

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Khorne

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-cont ... ker-02.jpg

As a die-hard (lol!) fanboy of Nurgle, this makes us mortal enemies!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I've had the strangest sadness all day-- it doesn't feel like 'depression'. It feels like when there's a clear, tangible, finite cause. But there isn't one. I went bicycling in the sunshine-- but only half-helped.

My best guess is: we got a new bed. Slept on it last night. It was only used as prop furniture in a model condo-- until all the condo units sold. West Elm website says the mattress is $400, headboard $650, frame two-something. (Tho I think those prices are inflated by much of their stock being sold-out.) But all we had to pay was the man-with-van delivery.

This bed is replacing another free one, from a Google Home product display/ job. It was nice, too. But we got rid of everything except the mattress... on the floor. So the stiff old dog could climb on & off. He spent so much time on it-- there was a permanent Joe Biden Alzheimer's dent in the Memory Foam. At the end he pissed & shit blood on it-- so I peeled-off the top layer of foam & discarded.

So that bed was as depleted as the dog, in the end.

I think-- sleeping on the floor on the wrecked mattress-- I still subconsciously felt like the dog was still sleeping down in his spot. All was right in the world.

A new real bed at civilized height-- feels like I'm in some Tinder girl stranger's uncomfortably-comfortable girl-room. Likely the cause of the sadness.

==

So I called my brother, this afternoon. We've grown apart-- long periods between conversations. He's tenured. Told me about a student with punk attire who asked permission to wear sunglasses during a Zoom class. The kid said he had social anxiety & the glasses would make him more comfortable. Bro said the glasses would be fine, unless it disrupted the students interacting via Zoom.

Bro said he didn't want the kid to make a complaint to the university 'Accessibility' office. I said, "WTF." To me-- the correct answer is to tell the kid that he doesn't need permission to adorn himself however he wants. Don't get sucked into the Feeble Snowflake politics... and don't get sucked-into the cliched-teacher b.s. ...that anything you don't-like... is 'disruptive' to learning. Bro didn't like me talking about his job like I'm qualified to have an opinion.

He mentioned Critical Race Theory-- and parroted some talking-point-- about-how it's silly for states to try to ban it-- because there's nothing which demarcates what is-or-isn't Critical Race Theory. There's no clear boundary around it, no official governing body or accreditation. I said the same thing could be said of Creationism-- but he wouldn't be against that being banned in schools. He didn't like that comparison at-all.

We talked about James Lindsay-- and the 'Sokal Squared' papers-- but Bro didn't really know much. He thought it was the original Sokal guy-- still publishing hoax papers. Bro used a specific phrase which irritated me-- he said he "felt insulted" & "did not appreciate" me talking like he didn't know his own business in academia. Again: I think it was me having the nerve to consider myself qualified to have an opinion-- which bothered him. I'm concerned that his brain is infected by the butthurt snowflake offended&outraged sickness... of mushy-left Victim Culture.

==

That conversation made me think of an old best friend. I googled his name, read a synopsis about a presentation he gave-- invited to speak at some conference, because he founded a hedge fund. His talk was about assessing corporate cultures-- as a factor in deciding whether to invest in those corporations. He talked about corporate values-- like Originality & Ethics & Discipline. I got a creepy ice-water in my veins vibe, reading it. In the dotcom days-- he analyzed start-ups & wrote reports to his bosses-- with recommendations whether to invest. Then he left that job-- and launched his own dotcom start-up. The problem is: his start-up was based on knowing the exact criteria which VC and hedge fund investors would use-- to decide to fund a start-up. His start-up wasn't designed to be an actual functional corporation: it was designed to look-like one to attract investor money. His company never made a dime in profit-- just millions in start-up money/ to burn-through then fold.

So when he talks about the importance of Originality & Ethics & Discipline in a corporate culture... is he _really_ concerned about the genuine article? Or is he satisfied with an American Psycho all-surface-level good-enough-if-it-fools-the-test version?

The business profile page I was reading-- included his political donations. $50,000 in 2020-- to a 'secretive' PAC whose mission is to give More power to Silicon Valley companies & their whizkid leaders... by using next-level techniques of funding candidates. Such as giving no indiction that they are going to fund a certain candidate-- until the day-of the federal reporting deadline... then flooding that candidate with money/ before the opposing party can realize a money-war has begun and they need to defend their candidate with an injection of funds. Also-- the PAC employs "Moneyball" strategies... of spending the money in ways designed to outsmart conventional wisdom.

Alls fair in love & war... but you wouldn't want these guys telling your daughter they are madly in love with her-- as a strategic play to convince her to let their herpes-dick inside her without a condom.

And of course the PAC worked in conjunction with that self-described "conspiracy" reported in TIME magazine-- the ones who coordinated riots with Antifa and BLM for desired political outcomes. https://archive.is/nhcVv

==

So by the end of the day, I had collected plenty of actual rotten stuff to justify the previously-unaccounted-for heavy sad feels.

(but I'm doing fine now.)

Keating

Post by Keating »

Bhurzum wrote:
Keating wrote: I'm already acquainted - good content.

"Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne!" — Khornate Warcry

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Khorne

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-cont ... ker-02.jpg

As a die-hard (lol!) fanboy of Nurgle, this makes us mortal enemies!
https://lparchive.org/Myth-The-Fallen-L ... re_map.png
Date Unknown, Inside The Tain

Tradition tells us almost nothing of the Myrkridia save for the horrible skull platforms they would build from the severed heads of their enemies. We found one of these a few hours ago, thirty feet high and a hundred feet across, each skull arranged with a mad precision that was terrifying to behold.

Many of the skulls were human, or at least humanoid, but among these were others which were certainly not, whose shapes and curves I have tried to forget ever since. In the center of the platform, far above our heads, rose the ancient battle standard of the Myrkridia.

We left immediately.

Murgen believes that we are close to finding a backdoor. A secret exit from the Tain added by its creators so they could escape the thing if it were ever used against them. It will be hidden, of course, and almost certainly protected by traps, but it is our only chance of escape.

These caves are so vast that we've been able to locate less than fifty of the four thousand men we suspect are imprisoned with us. Murgen hopes that he can release the others after we have escaped, by destroying the Tain at the exit.

I asked him if doing so would also set free everything which had ever been imprisoned in the Tain, but got no response.
Your reference to War Hammer instead of Myth: The Fallen Lords makes you a mortal enemy!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

The new/updated "The Green Knight" trailer dropped a few days ago - gotta admit, it's looking good!

Can't wait for the release!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m feeling I’m suppose to already know who the Green Knight is ...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Keating wrote: The mouse plague has come to Canberra. I've killed 10 mice and 5 rats in my small back yard in the last couple of weeks, with no sign of them stopping. They've been disturbing the birds and I want to get rid of them before they get any ideas about coming inside as it gets colder. I had to drown one mouse who only get his leg caught in the trap and survived.
I’m finding the mouse plague to be useful “fodder” when debating vegans on Twitter.
This guy has hundreds of vids about mice, rats, traps etc. Everything from high-tech machines all the way down to bean-can jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/user/historichunter

I'm not saying you don't already know how to catch the wee buggers, just suggesting you might enjoy the content.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh.

That was a fuckup. 🤷‍♂️

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

They have got to be taking the piss...surely?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Brive1987 wrote: I’m feeling I’m suppose to already know who the Green Knight is ...
It's based upon a poem from Arthurian legend - Sir Gawain (King Arthur's nephew, the youngest knight of the round table) took up the green knight's challenge to strike a blow upon him on the condition that the green knight gets to return the hit one year and one day later. Sir Gawain chops off the green knight's head...then things go horribly wrong. The green knight picks up his severed head, laughs, says "see you in one year" then rides away.

The rest...well, I'll not spoil it for you.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GkWPv1dmslM/S ... Knight.jpg

My uncle read us the poem on a fishing trip, scared the living crap out of me (think I was about 6 years old but still remember being terrified) although it did get me hooked on mythology.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: I’m feeling I’m suppose to already know who the Green Knight is ...
Turn in your Anglo-Saxon membership card.

And on an (almost) unrelated note - Neil Gaiman did a short story of a lycanthrope in California - probably not much chance of that being made into a movie.

Bay Wolf - I think it was called.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: Bay Wolf - I think it was called.
The sequel, a revenge tale starring his grandmother (Delia), is pretty good.

"Gran Del" I think it's called.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: Er, make that second from the left when looking from the front.
Fiona Allen, also known for Smack the Pony.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Lsuoma wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Yep. BTC is a great currency when a loony Serth Effrican can tank it on a whim.
Point is missed. BTC is a great currency for making a rapid buck and the jury is still out about it's future. There are 3 main reasons why BTC is popular. It is volatile and good for trading, it is secure and out of govt control and it isn't a fiat currency like the dollar. Point is not that BTC is a great currency, it's that it's another sign that people are looking to get out of the dollar.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I read The Green Knight in my college Arthurian Romance class. It's layered deep with long-forgotten allegory.

There was an old movie based on it starring Sean Connery, but it was bizarre and the editing choppy as hell.

I see this new film has woke casting, so fuck that shit. Will Not See.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I read The Green Knight in my college Arthurian Romance class. It's layered deep with long-forgotten allegory.

There was an old movie based on it starring Sean Connery, but it was bizarre and the editing choppy as hell.

I see this new film has woke casting, so fuck that shit. Will Not See.
And the sidekick looks to be a Ginger!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: And on an (almost) unrelated note - Neil Gaiman did a short story of a lycanthrope in California - probably not much chance of that being made into a movie.
Knowing Gaiman, it'd have to be a gay moslem lycanthrope.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: And the sidekick looks to be a Ginger!
Wee ginger dogs are popular in Scotia - we've got one running the country!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:

And on an (almost) unrelated note - Neil Gaiman did a short story of a lycanthrope in California - probably not much chance of that being made into a movie.

The earliest manuscript of SG&tGN (Sir Gawan and þe Grene Knyȝt) is mediaeval (late C14th), not Anglo-Saxon, and it is written in Middle English.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Sus

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote: it is written in Middle English.
It's written in "gli"?

(I'll get me tabbard and cloak)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

At least he's not a cat...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Er, make that second from the left when looking from the front.
Fiona Allen, also known for Smack the Pony.
Thanks. Another counter clerk for the wank bank, there.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The rule is now simple: Either Biden's side gracefully takes a Loss in this cultural skirmish over masks and vaccines... or a pointless, prolonged, ugly, violent, divisive mess will ensue. The choice is Joe's.

The current messaging-- mixes 'Free at last!' celebrating-- with neighbor-vs.-neighbor tension.

There's no more exit strategy here-- than knocking-over statues of Saddam Hussein-- and then expecting nothing-but 'rose petals at our feet' afterward.

At the bank today, I wore no mask. The teller gestured for me to put one on, so I did. I remained friendly. I said, "I thought Biden said we could take masks off indoors, yesterday." She seemed genuinely surprised & confused to hear that...

...and concerned that I might push the issue/ relieved when I didn't.

==

I have no appetite for conflict. Yesterday's crummy call with my brother... is replaying & echoing in my head. His methods of argumentation seemed to escalate without intent or regard. ...the equivalent of arguing with a neighbor about his dog pooping in your yard/ but invoking Abortion and The Holocaust and how ugly his wife and kids are... while still-thinking you're 'being reasonable' & de-escalating the situation.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I've worn a mask exactly once, for my CCW appt. It took them six months after I applied to schedule me, and I wasn't about to fuck it up. Actually it was a brown bandana. I was wearing my oilskin Barma and my oilskin range coat, so it was kinda cool I pretended I was Ned Kelly.

That, and a bandana is even more useless than the standard useless masks.

Other than stares from a few Karens and cucks, I've rarely been bothered. When I have, I just announce "I have a medical exemption" and that's that. In contrast, I've definitely gotten a thumbs-up vibe from many clerks, and for the rest, they seem friendly maybe because I'm the only one all day who's smiled at them.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Half of Fauci's staff declined the jab.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I was thinking about the late 90s earlier and how it was a comparatively golden age. I think bin Laden was ultimately successful in his goals. The neo-con clown wars destroyed any ability to really push back against the rising progressivism which was turbocharged by the obvious moral bankruptcy of the Bush administration. Trump bought some time against progressivism’s continued rise after Obama realised he could ride it to a second term, but probably didn’t achieve enough to push back on it. So it seems the various crises Biden created may be the only hope now to do to progressivism what the foreverwars did for neo-cons.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
I had a vague feeling there was a Tolkien angle there. I’ve also never read Beowulf.

The earliest manuscript of SG&tGN (Sir Gawan and þe Grene Knyȝt) is mediaeval (late C14th), not Anglo-Saxon, and it is written in Middle English.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: So it seems the various crises Biden created may be the only hope now to do to progressivism what the foreverwars did for neo-cons.
And if they don't reach rock bottom-- a moment when the scales fall from their eyes-- then the next evolutionary step-- 'progress' is going to be tens of millions of neutered apologist George-Bridges-from-Evergreen-College types, blundering us straight to hell. Which may be a vicious cycle, in which MORE progressivism is seen as the cure.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
I had a vague feeling there was a Tolkien angle there. I’ve also never read Beowulf.

It looks like you wrote your comment in middle English.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Any Pratchett fans here? If so, here's a pretty great "Cohen the barbarian" fan-flick. Oh, and make sure you listen to the song at the end - it's simply brilliant!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Knowing Gaiman...
If you've ever even slightly enjoyed anything by Gaiman, I would really not watching the American Gods TV series.

Sooner or later everyone gets to disappoint...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

recommend that is

ThreeFlangedJavis

Keating wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:11 pm
I was thinking about the late 90s earlier and how it was a comparatively golden age. I think bin Laden was ultimately successful in his goals. The neo-con clown wars destroyed any ability to really push back against the rising progressivism which was turbocharged by the obvious moral bankruptcy of the Bush administration. Trump bought some time against progressivism’s continued rise after Obama realised he could ride it to a second term, but probably didn’t achieve enough to push back on it. So it seems the various crises Biden created may be the only hope now to do to progressivism what the foreverwars did for neo-cons.
Is that really the story, neo-cons vs progs? Obama was a mix of race-baiting divisive shit-stirring, feelgood progressive oratory and major sponsor of the authoritarian surveillance state. Given the choice between Trump and Obama I suspect that Liz Cheney would take Obama. The mystery to me is that what is probably the biggest crisis in American society is being largely ignored, and that is the expansion of the internal surveillance program and infringement of rights. It's getting so bad now that the security services are co-opting private enterprise in their targeting of citizens. The perpetrators and enablers of Russiagate and it's malicious political prosecutions got away unhurt and are now being rewarded with promotion to positions where they can do even more damage. The real battle has been between Trump and the entrenched institutional power which crosses the parties. There is some hope given the Republican rejection of Cheney, but then there is also the worry that some of those Republican firebrands are frauds. Tucker Carlson recently did a story on McCarthys close relationship with a major Democrat advisor.