Brive1987

Re: You is all a bunch of poofs!

Post by Brive1987 »

Not bad for someone who’s day gig Is YouTube anti fem

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Bhurzum wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: There must be some chlorine gas in the stockpiles from WW1. I hear it cleanses the lungs of Covid19.
Are you suggesting we inject ourselves with chlorine, mustard gas, BZ, agent orange and various carcinogenic materials?

Fuck!
Well, in a very roundabout way, mustard gas has been injected.

Mustine

Pseudomonas

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Birx realizes her career has just plunged down the shitter.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Biden-rape-accuser Tara Reade's mother-- called the Larry King show in 1993-- and described her daughter's "problems" working for Biden.

The emergence of this evidence highlights the double-standard in how Kavanaugh's accusers' claims were handled by news media-- vs. Biden's.

I interpret mom's words in two-- completely opposite-- ways:

On one hand, mom confirms Reade's explanation why she didn't go to the press with the story sooner; the mom says it was "out of respect" for Biden.

On the other hand, I have a freudian/content-analysis skepticism: the mom did not order her words clearly. She digressed, words in a jumble. Forcing Larry King to untangle & re-state the mom's claim for-her. Which can be a verbal tactic for making-it-appear there's lots of 'smoke'/ while concealing the lack of actual 'fire'. (that's how the Sacrum-lady talks-- when telling dubious parts of her story-- and Christine Blasey-Ford) .

Similarly-- it's a liar's-tell to provide too-much-information pre-emptively defending against possible retorts. "Why didn't you report it?" "Why don't you go to the press?" were questions no one had asked. And yet Reade's mom launched her defense before having-been challenged... before even clearly-stating her accusation.

I have a story matching Reade's. A minor-celebrity once approached me in a hallway & stuck her finger up my asshole, through my shorts. It certainly wasn't welcome: I was in line to take a shit. But I wasn't sure how significant I should consider her transgression-- until later hearing her spout loudmouth feminist opinions; 'men should be castrated, they're rapists!' That tilted my scales toward an uncharitable view of her. And-- even years after being certain she's no friend of mine-- I still sometimes refer to her as 'my friend' in conversation.

I also have a story, opposite Reade's: I was once asked to remove my cowboy hat for an ID photo-- working a summer music festival. The night-before I had watched a movie (Bronco Billy? Smokey & the Bandit?) in which the smartass hero says he only removes his hat for "two things". So I thought I was clever to refuse to remove the hat-- and say, "I would remove it, but I don't think I have time to have sex with everyone here." (Over a dozen men & women were present). It turns out the ID machine photographer was a high school girl, with a summer job. When lunchtime came, she repeated my joke to a mom-like matron. The old lady was scandalized On Behalf Of the girl-- and reported me to the bosses/ tried to get me fired. I can easily imagine Reade's mom & the matron-- both more scandalized than the younger women who were supposedly 'victims'-- both dimly-aware that it's not-really their place as a 3rd party to claim-offense, butt-in, and blow the whistle... frontloading what they say with built-in disclaimers.

I'm skeptical of Tara Reade's story, but I'm happy to see it demolish Biden and the #MeToo harpies.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I have a freudian/content-analysis skepticism
Check out
https://statement-analysis.blogspot.com

Latests posts include Cardinal Pell and Andrew Gillum

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Bhurzum wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:13 pm
katamari Damassi wrote: Don't worry this will soon be over. Our stable genius president just suggested people inject themselves with disinfectant.
Fucking hell! You got a link to that?

I've seen the clip where he asks IF there's a method for using disinfectant to treat covid but certainly haven't seen him suggest people inject themselves.

That's a bombshell right there...
He didn't really. He was being Trumpian and just threw out a silly suggestion that the idea be looked into, as he does. Anyone with any sense knows that Trump is not very scientifically literate and is more of a throw mud at the wall and see what sticks problem solver. It can be messy and a PR disaster, but I'd take that over the succession of smooth talking (Dubya perhaps not so smooth) liars that preceded him. The media have even tried to blame him for the idiots who drank fish tank cleaner because it contained chloroquine phosphate. I don't think I have ever seen a more obvious and hysterical campaign of lies and distortions in an attempt to take someone down as the media are indulging in now. That alone will probably guarantee Trump's re-election.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Don't worry this will soon be over. Our stable genius president just suggested people inject themselves with disinfectant.

I've seen the clip where he asks IF there's a method for using disinfectant to treat covid but certainly haven't seen him suggest people inject themselves.

He didn't really. He was being Trumpian and just threw out a silly suggestion that the idea be looked into, as he does. Anyone with any sense knows that Trump is not very scientifically literate and is more of a throw mud at the wall and see what sticks problem solver. It can be messy and a PR disaster, but I'd take that over the succession of smooth talking (Dubya perhaps not so smooth) liars that preceded him. The media have even tried to blame him for the idiots who drank fish tank cleaner because it contained chloroquine phosphate. I don't think I have ever seen a more obvious and hysterical campaign of lies and distortions in an attempt to take someone down as the media are indulging in now. That alone will probably guarantee Trump's re-election.
He didn't actually say something stupid. He looked straight at the fake news reporter and asked a question that was dripping with sarcasm just to trigger the libs.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

He should do his brainstorming in private, not during a press conference.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

He didn't actually say something stupid. He looked straight at the fake news reporter and asked a question that was dripping with sarcasm just to trigger the libs.
He appeared to be looking at Birx when he asked the question, and it didn't sound sarcastic to me. Birx seemed to cringe when he asked it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Driftless wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSY-F2zEzw
He appeared to be looking at Birx when he asked the question, and it didn't sound sarcastic to me. Birx seemed to cringe when he asked it.
You can almost pinpoint the moment when her soul left her body.

ETTD.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Here's a different camera angle of Trump talking about disinfecting:

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

KiwiInOz wrote: I am interested in the policies that you think would be useful in reducing our GHG emissions or for moving to net neutral. Maybe we'll argue over a beer one day. As for me, I'm off to work on a proposal for a regional renewable energy hub that would include gasification of agricultural biomass to produce syngas for electricity generation and biochar for agricultural/industrial use (and atmospheric carbon sequestration).
Sure thing. The framework is rather simple. Carbon released into the atmosphere is currently an unpriced externality, and the optimal economic solution is to price in the externality, so a carbon tax treaty would be the way to start with most or all significant economies participating with their own internally developed and maintained tax structure. Ideally, to reduce political resistance, this would be a revenue neutral tax that would be refunded on a per-capita basis, but with several billion dollars annually (probably only a percent or two of the total) reserved and earmarked for basic research into carbon-free energy sources and carbon sequestration. At the same time, I'd strongly support redoing the entire nuclear energy regulation regime to one with a more reasonable risk assessment (currently the cost per life saved in nuclear energy regulation is an order of magnitude or two higher than almost any other area), which would get nuclear energy costs down without any significant compromise in safety. To get general agreement, the carbon tax would need to be rational and hence modest, probably starting with something along the lines of Canada's carbon tax rate of $20 per metric tonne, which I support. I've become more accepting of a carbon tax over the last year, as I used to be worried that amid Chicken Little braying from climate activist groups there would be no way to come up with a reasonable carbon price. But with the Yellow Vest movement in France, and the appearance of increasing resistance to a scheduled rise of the Canadian carbon tax to $50/tonne in 2022, it looks like large carbon taxes will be met with significant public resistance, even if 20% of the population went full Greta Thunberg.

This carbon tax will admittedly do very little to actually reduce GHG emissions, at least at the outset. My hope, though, is that it would price coal out in favor of natural gas and, ideally, a newly resurgent nuclear power industry. I think solar and wind have their place regionally, but will never be a reliable, economic, industrial scale alternative to replace carbon based fuels. I have to admit I don't know much about biofuels (except that I despise the whole corn based ethanol subsidy scheme), so I certainly wouldn't rule that out as being an important carbon fuel alternative.

free thoughtpolice

Driftless wrote:
He appeared to be looking at Birx when he asked the question, and it didn't sound sarcastic to me. Birx seemed to cringe when he asked it
Unlike Trump, I was being sarcastic. Also, I would consider that less brainstorming and more brainlesstorming. He would done a lot better by just admitting he is not an expert that was only inquiring whether there are that kind of things being looked at. Instead he had to tell an obvious lie about it.
Meanwhile there are claims being made that there is research being done to use UV light internally:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... -patients/
Considering the source, I would definitely want reliable confirmation to see if this story is accurate as other sources warn about dangers of using the wavelength of UV that is used for sterilization on human tissue.
https://www.fastcompany.com/90496659/tr ... uldnt-work

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote: He should do his brainstorming in private, not during a press conference.
"brain storming" is generous term for what takes place between Trump's ears.

Nevertheless, the condescending fainting couch act from the Dems will only further alienate those hoi polloi voters they imagined winning back.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

I love the first one of these.

Trump reimagined as a nightclub drunk.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2020/ ... ape-gangs/
If. Only If we could avert that dystopian future.
:cry: :cry:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Covid was spread by jet-setters, snowbirds, captains of industry, and missionaries:

https://quillette.com/2020/04/23/covid- ... d-lessons/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

From the NYT, no less:

America Shouldn’t Have to Play by New York Rules

Americans are being told they must still play by New York rules — with all the hardships they entail — despite having neither New York’s living conditions nor New York’s health outcomes. This is bad medicine, misguided public policy, and horrible politics.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

jugheadnaut wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: I am interested in the policies that you think would be useful in reducing our GHG emissions or for moving to net neutral. Maybe we'll argue over a beer one day. As for me, I'm off to work on a proposal for a regional renewable energy hub that would include gasification of agricultural biomass to produce syngas for electricity generation and biochar for agricultural/industrial use (and atmospheric carbon sequestration).
Sure thing. The framework is rather simple. Carbon released into the atmosphere is currently an unpriced externality, and the optimal economic solution is to price in the externality, so a carbon tax treaty would be the way to start with most or all significant economies participating with their own internally developed and maintained tax structure. Ideally, to reduce political resistance, this would be a revenue neutral tax that would be refunded on a per-capita basis, but with several billion dollars annually (probably only a percent or two of the total) reserved and earmarked for basic research into carbon-free energy sources and carbon sequestration. At the same time, I'd strongly support redoing the entire nuclear energy regulation regime to one with a more reasonable risk assessment (currently the cost per life saved in nuclear energy regulation is an order of magnitude or two higher than almost any other area), which would get nuclear energy costs down without any significant compromise in safety. To get general agreement, the carbon tax would need to be rational and hence modest, probably starting with something along the lines of Canada's carbon tax rate of $20 per metric tonne, which I support. I've become more accepting of a carbon tax over the last year, as I used to be worried that amid Chicken Little braying from climate activist groups there would be no way to come up with a reasonable carbon price. But with the Yellow Vest movement in France, and the appearance of increasing resistance to a scheduled rise of the Canadian carbon tax to $50/tonne in 2022, it looks like large carbon taxes will be met with significant public resistance, even if 20% of the population went full Greta Thunberg.

This carbon tax will admittedly do very little to actually reduce GHG emissions, at least at the outset. My hope, though, is that it would price coal out in favor of natural gas and, ideally, a newly resurgent nuclear power industry. I think solar and wind have their place regionally, but will never be a reliable, economic, industrial scale alternative to replace carbon based fuels. I have to admit I don't know much about biofuels (except that I despise the whole corn based ethanol subsidy scheme), so I certainly wouldn't rule that out as being an important carbon fuel alternative.
I agree that there is a need to put a price on this externality. Too much profit has been made by exporting inconvenient problems to other people.

The path to implementing such a pricing will not necessarily run smooth. Australia was in the process of putting a revenue neutral "price on carbon" when the reactionary rump of our pro-market (as long as it benefits our benefactors, otherwise we'll fix that) liberal conservative opposition party saw an opportunity to wedge the Government. They started calling it a big new tax and their cheerleaders and useful idiots made sure it stuck in the hive mind of the electorate.

They became Government on the back of a suite of lies (they aren't lies when we do it) and proceeded to dismantle the mechanism. You'd think they'd solved poverty and global peace based on the celebration that ensued when they repealed the legislation.

https://static.ffx.io/images/$width_768 ... 30702af266

So that particular well has been poisoned for the near future.

I don't have any ideological problem with nuclear, and am intrigued by the potential of small modular Gen IV breeder reactors.

The gasification that I'm involved with can also cleanly thermally process municipal solid waste (plastics, rubber, greenwaste, etc) into syngas and biochar. So the syngas is not a biofuel per se, unless the feedstock is short term renewable.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Sometimes I think we are living in one of those satirical distopias (or distopian satires) like the one in the Robocop (1987) film.

I wonder if Phil will be so keen to set up a vid conference once he realises what most have been cogitating on for the past year or so.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hope your 25th April biscuits were good Kiwi.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog has been worried about his GF's mom in the nursing home. Well, Progressive Hero of the Great Pandemic War, Andrew Cuomo, while banning visits by relatives, has been forcing NY nursing homes to admit people who are infected with Covid:

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/ ... homes.html

It's a crime that the Leftist elite, while virtue-signaling with their work-at-home [cf. Fredo in the cellar] and mask wearing, have left vulnerable seniors so exposed.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Driftless wrote:
He appeared to be looking at Birx when he asked the question, and it didn't sound sarcastic to me. Birx seemed to cringe when he asked it
Unlike Trump, I was being sarcastic. Also, I would consider that less brainstorming and more brainlesstorming. He would done a lot better by just admitting he is not an expert that was only inquiring whether there are that kind of things being looked at. Instead he had to tell an obvious lie about it.
Meanwhile there are claims being made that there is research being done to use UV light internally:
Considering the source, I would definitely want reliable confirmation to see if this story is accurate as other sources warn about dangers of using the wavelength of UV that is used for sterilization on human tissue.
His musings probably would have come off as stupid and unnecessary no matter the context or mannerisms. Having said that, we are talking about a guy who has never admitted to being wrong, or ignorant of something, that I've ever seen. I've never heard the guy tell a joke, much less employ humor that that implies a lack of expertise on his own part. That part that made my head explode, though, was when he added "and I think you said you are going to check that" at the end. Like he has researchers on staff who are going to look into the idea that you can treat COVID with bleach injections, and he wants to imply they are taking this stuff seriously.

It might be OK to have a president with no expertise on medicine or science if he also had some self awareness about it. What I saw looked like the worst case of Dunning Krueger I've ever seen.

---

The UVA therapy mentioned is interesting. Most UV used in sterilization is UVC which is higher in energy and more dangerous. UVA is relatively safe. I would be more worried about efficacy with that than toxicity, but we'll see how it pans out. The article states that the FDA is looking into it. It would be ironic if the device is being used in a year, and Trump is running around claiming to be a genius and demanding royalties for having "invented" it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This article has links to the citations on internal use of UV and disinfectants:
https://spectator.org/disinfecting-the-left-wing-media/

free thoughtpolice

Old_ones wrote:
It would be ironic if the device is being used in a year, and Trump is running around claiming to be a genius and demanding royalties for having "invented" it.
Too bad he already said that he was being sarcastic when he said it. Maybe he can say that he was just being sarcastic when he said he was being sarcastic.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm
Driftless wrote:
Trump is definitely not your normal president. Thing is, his supporters tend not the gormless idiots they are made out to be. They know he sometimes speaks his mind too freely, can be very unsophisticated and has some big blind spots. But he has also demonstrated an ability to get things done and has a way of speaking that makes people feel included. The charitable, and perhaps not unfounded, view is that the MAGA rubes are astute enough to see beyond the gaffes and don't place as much stock in polished presentation as the self-appointed gatekeepers of politics. Obama is a perfect example of a mannerly and presidential leader who gives rousing speeches espousing pie-in-the-sky bullshit that sounds good but leads down blind alleys. Michelle Obama is touted as the antithesis of Trump, a unifying and safe pair of hands, but go back not too far and you might find a far more polarising and hateful picture. Give me Trump with his faults any day, until he starts to do too much environmental damage that is. I don't fault the media for going after his manner, although I disagree over that, or some of his policies. I think it's downright disgusting the way they twist and distort everything to turn him into evil incarnate.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Service Dog has been worried about his GF's mom in the nursing home. Well, Progressive Hero of the Great Pandemic War, Andrew Cuomo, while banning visits by relatives, has been forcing NY nursing homes to admit people who are infected with Covid:

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/ ... homes.html

It's a crime that the Leftist elite, while virtue-signaling with their work-at-home [cf. Fredo in the cellar] and mask wearing, have left vulnerable seniors so exposed.
Thanks for the link. The old lady is doing better, as-of the last Skype contact we had with her. I don't know if I mentioned it here earlier but -- as per the link-- someone at the nursing home told us that-- as a "state mandated facility" (whatever that means) they are required to accept the Covid-19 patients the state is sending.

The staff & residents are being given a 10-day course hydrocloroquine plus an antibiotic-- as a preventive measure. When we expressed concerns that hydrocloroquine is dangerous for people with heart arrhythmia -- the nursing home said that the EKG company they usually-use was refusing to send an EKG team into nursing homes.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

All this internalised bleach takes me back:

The Parents Who Give Their Children Bleach Enemas to 'Cure' Them of Autism

Maybe some of Trump's numerous flirtations with the anti-vaxxers have left him with a taste for Miracle Mineral Solution.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote: Hope your 25th April biscuits were good Kiwi.
The debate du jour has been whether they should be soft or crunchy. It almost came to blows in some places, allegedly.

For myself, I say, por que no los dos?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:11 pm
Driftless wrote:
Trump is definitely not your normal president. Thing is, his supporters tend not the gormless idiots they are made out to be. They know he sometimes speaks his mind too freely, can be very unsophisticated and has some big blind spots. But he has also demonstrated an ability to get things done and has a way of speaking that makes people feel included. The charitable, and perhaps not unfounded, view is that the MAGA rubes are astute enough to see beyond the gaffes and don't place as much stock in polished presentation as the self-appointed gatekeepers of politics. Obama is a perfect example of a mannerly and presidential leader who gives rousing speeches espousing pie-in-the-sky bullshit that sounds good but leads down blind alleys. Michelle Obama is touted as the antithesis of Trump, a unifying and safe pair of hands, but go back not too far and you might find a far more polarising and hateful picture. Give me Trump with his faults any day, until he starts to do too much environmental damage that is. I don't fault the media for going after his manner, although I disagree over that, or some of his policies. I think it's downright disgusting the way they twist and distort everything to turn him into evil incarnate.
He's not evil incarnate. He is however, dangerously incompetent.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote: All this internalised bleach takes me back:

Maybe some of Trump's numerous flirtations with the anti-vaxxers have left him with a taste for Miracle Mineral Solution.

free thoughtpolice

I saw where some of the Qanon crowd have been peddling this stuff too. Horrifying.
This bit stood out to me:
tummy pain.PNG
(180.07 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
They talk about their kid writhing in pain after each dose after mentioning they can't use bath salts (presumably in the enemas) because they are worried about it fucking up their septic system, (spelt spetic).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Maybe it's time for Germany and Russia to split Poland again.

#tradlife

free thoughtpolice

The first few minutes of this video are a bit annoying, but the rest I think hits the mark pretty well.
People that think Trump is getting a raw deal in the media will disagree probably.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

This is what the virus looks like. Amazing imagery!

But if only we knew how it kills us.

free thoughtpolice

More important is how we kill it!!

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote: This is what the virus looks like. Amazing imagery!

But if only we knew how it kills us.
Sounds like that expert is on the virus' side.
If i were really tacky I would post the overused Simpson's meme

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I just watched a few minutes of Don Lemon on CNN, yesterday.

Lemon claimed Trump had recommended "ingesting" disinfectants. That didn't sound right. So I checked an earlier CNN report.
Which confirmed Trump's loose talk was about "injecting" disinfectants, not "ingesting".

Then Lemon insinuated that Trump's words had caused a "A 40% increase in cleaning chemical cases" calls to Poison Control Centers.

So I looked that up. What I found was-- a CDC report posted the day after Trump's 'disinfectant' comments.
But the report covered a timespan of January 1 thru March 31. Weeks-before Trump's comments.

example "Case 1" and "Case 2" from the report:
“Case 1” is a mother who attempted to wash her family’s groceries in a sink containing 10% bleach + vinegar + hot water, resulting in noxious fumes.

“Case 2” is pre-schooler who drank from a 64 ounce bottle of Hand Sanitizer. She fell & hit her head. She was ‘poorly responsive’. The Emergency Doctor recorded her blood alcohol level at 273 mg/dL.

The report attributed an “increased use of cleaners and disinfectants”-- in-response to Covid-19-- resulting in more poisonous exposures.
==

Donnell Rawlings is an old, black actor/comedian. He was on Chappelle’s Show & The Wire.
He was a Joe Rogan podcast guest this week.

Donnell compared CNN to a nagging girlfriend who “just wears you out”– repeating the same complaints from 5 years ago, blowing everything out of proportion, talking crazy.

Donnell Rawlings: “You listen to too much CNN… you don’t even know what the fuck is going on… other-than how-much you hate this motherfucker”

Joe Rogan: “It didn’t used to be that way. CNN used to be pretty straight-ahead journalism. Their relationship with Trump is so toxic.”

Toxic like guzzling bleach.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I was listening to california-lsd-hippie-hipster-buddy Duncan Trussell describe his Social Distancing experience to Joe Rogan--

I realized Social-D feels different in different places. Trussell doesn't seem to talk to his neighbor much. But he stood on his lawn & called-across to the neighbor-guy for 2 minutes-- and the neighbor offered to leave any tools Trussell might want to borrow-- for Trussell to retrieve & use.

My neighbors try to keep our distance-- but when we cross paths in the crooked narrow tenement halls-- we brush close, but try to make it quick. Masks vary from surgical to N95 to bandana to homebrew to none. On grey days, more people wear masks. Yesterday was like summer-- and masks fell out of fashion. Then rainy again today & masks were back on.

Even those trying to maintain 6 feet-- seem to allow 4 or 5 feet to be the real limit-- before personal-space viscerally seems to have been invaded.

Except today I walked a few blocks to Trader Joe's-- maybe the only one in Manhattan still open? I skipped the line because girlfriend had already shopped & was waiting for me to help carry food home. Last time I did this-- Trader Joe's dudes were policing the line & jumped in front of me to halt me skipping it, until I explained I was meeting someone inside. Today-- females TJ employees failed to notice/ or didn't challenge me.

A chick in her 20's -- well-ahead of me on the escalator-- 6 or 7 steps-- spun around and snapped at me for getting too close. Inside, a masked black-guy employee had snapped at my gf, "I know what you are doing!" "Shopping!" gf snapped-back. "We have other people waiting outside" he said. Maybe she was shopping too slow? Or-- since she gives other shoppers a wide berth-- maybe he saw her do-so to a black person-- and thought she was an anti-black racist asian? Who knows.

I think the Trader Joes attracts shoppers from other neighborhoods-- who have become accustomed to different new norms of distance. Maybe it's easy to maintain 10 feet, where they live. Or maybe they have cars & driveways & single-family homes... and have been in real isolation.

To me-- it feels odd that they come to my street and demand we adhere to their expectations, rather than them conforming to the local routine.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I have a friend who gets all their news from CNN exclusively. Watches it non-stop. About half the current affairs I mention they've never even heard about. People are dropping like flies cuz Trump told them to drink Lysol? Check. Tara Reade accused Biden of sexual assault? Wha? You made that up!

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Old_ones wrote:
It would be ironic if the device is being used in a year, and Trump is running around claiming to be a genius and demanding royalties for having "invented" it.
Too bad he already said that he was being sarcastic when he said it. Maybe he can say that he was just being sarcastic when he said he was being sarcastic.
I'm sure someone somewhere will find that there actually is a "Noble Prize" that was given to someone once, meaning Trump was right! But on the other hand he was being sarcastic again, so is he right? We are in the standpoint epistemology world now where "your truth" and "my truth" are both perfectly valid.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The paranoid style in COVID-19 America

The public health establishment is desperate to maintain hysteria in the populace

I'm struggling to make sense of the antipodal mentalities wrt social distancing. Beyond the obvious differences among urban, suburban, and rural, the divide is a politically ideological one. For, even in my county, with a population density of 100/ mi sq., the Sassenach liberals are paranoid -- that is the apt description -- about becoming infected by a chance encounter, while the rest of us go about our country life routine with little change and less worry. And we plateaued at 36 cases over a month ago, well before the County Health Officer's draconian lock-down -- essentially OCD by proxy -- was announced.

This is weird, because a heightened concern for purity/aversion to pollution [both literal and figurative] is associated with a politically conservative mindset [cf. The Righteous Mind]. Has SJW ideology, with its policing of words, hyper-vigilance to micro-aggressions, etc., engendered a new puritanism of the left? Has the intense Othering of 'Deplorables' led the Left to view them as filthy 'cockroaches'? Has three and a half years of Trump Derangement Syndrome created a perpetual The-Sky-Is-Falling mania that both detects and relishes impending catastrophe? Or is this pandemic -- which is proving to be only slightly worse than the annual flu season -- an excuse for the Left to unleash its increasingly totalitarian impulses?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today I'm going to apply for Unemployment benefits.

I've been procrastinating. One reason is I'm very disorganized and barely-know all the places I've worked in the last couple years. Just gathering all the loose slips of paper with that info is a daunting task.

Another reason is an ethical conundrum. In the last few years, since was I living in a van-- then even lost the van-- I haven't filed income taxes & my employment status has been a grey-area. I didn't have the luxury of refusing work, when it was offered. In fact-- when I was collecting Unemployment-- the state required me to accept all work-offers.

Except-- most of those employers (over a dozen) processed me as an Independent Contractor (w-9) rather than an Employee (w-2). They didn't withhold taxes, didn't pay into the unemployment insurance system, didn't contribute to my Social Security. Due to the nature of my work, I should have been considered an Employee-- but standard-operating-procedure for these businesses is to miscategorize workers until they get caught and are forced to comply. One of the reasons I got so much work was-- the bosses saw I wasn't ratting-them-out to the govt.

Now it's Covid-time. My work is all-about crowded public events... runway fashion shows, promotional parties in hotels, product giveaways on the street, hollywood awards-shows. All the work is gone. Some of these employers are gone forever, I presume.

The govt is offering $1200... but I may not get any if I don't assert myself. Then there's the Unemployment benefits-- at least a couple hundred a week-- plus the additional $600/week from CARES Act. But that all that $ could be the cheese in the mousetrap-- if I flush-myself out-- exposed to the IRS Eye Of Sauron. And for what? What are the odds there will be any retirement benefits waiting for me-- in 15 years?

My main employer deserves whatever IRS trouble awaits them: they demoted a woman for getting pregnant, abuse unpaid foreign interns 60 hour weeks in a fishy 'educational' program, fuck with low level employees using Non-Compete clauses and NDAs. They defraud clients with fishy billing. I don't mind stoop to their level & reporting them for misclassifying me.

Other employers-- I have qualms. Some of them are personal friends of my gf-- going back decades. They're not quite friends. Allies, maybe? Yeah, they skirt tax compliance, but not maliciously. They're like speeders going-along with traffic. I'm sure they aren't refusing the dirty money of the govt stimulus bailout-- which is sort of like picking everyone-else's pocket. But they are only doing-so passively. I have qualms about abandoning my libertarian ideals & joining 'everyone' else... going with the flow & taking the quick money. I feel like I should refuse my share of the Trillion dollar handout. And my girlfriend wants to make different choices than me-- not call-out any employers/ even-if a costly burden falls on her. But she's also has back-up plan resources I don't have-- there's a whole oriental world of business-- and shady dealings-- which she could fall-back on, if necessary.

One scary but ambitious aspect of this-- is I might burn bridges with old jobs-- forcing myself to actively seek new ventures. Could end well or awful.

All morality-opinions & free-advice is welcome. (I'm not asking anyone to decide For me-- just making conversation).

John D

Post by John D »

I have three weeks of furlough over the next two months. Yesterday was my first day off. I hate it. I don't like taking money from the government, but I am not so proud that I would deny the payment. I am deeply affected by it in my heart. I have never collected unemployment in my entire life.

To "celebrate" my partially funded vacation I went to a local park on Lake St. Clair. I got there just as the park opened at 7:00 and did some birding. Very nice day. Saw a great horned owl being chased by starlings, woods ducks in the trees, buffleheads, and a loon.... etc. No spring warblers yet.

I came home and successfully filed for unemployment.... and had few delays. Celebrated with a nice brandy. Continued painting a Spartan army for a minis game called Wargods. Had dinner with my daughter (don't tell the Governor) and had a nice fire in the yard. Got too drunk. First day on unemployment. Very strange.

On another topic. I love me some Victor Davis Hanson.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Speaking of fashion industry cunts...

"@Diet_Prada" is an anonymous instagram account with 1.8 Million followers, known for snarky call-outs (such as showing when one designer copied another). Diet Prada re-posted a post by a fashion photographer named Glen Luchford-- with a nasty caption:

hashtag "racist". directed "at" the photographer's clients: gucci, calvin klein, etc.

Thirty-nine thousand Likes! (including the name in the image-- @m****schwa-- a fashion designer who was himself recently called a 'nazi' for correcting his social media friends' posting factual misinformation about trump).

Who is really doing something sickening here?-- the guy who posted the funny thing the kid wrote/ or the 39,000 people who call upsetting-china 'racist'... and advocate shutting-the-fuck-up to placate the chinese sugar-daddies.

==
My oriental gf showed me the Diet_Prada post. She thought it was funny-- but when we talked about it-- our conversation was garbled and contentious. Degenerated into bickering. She sees the post as business-as-usual for Diet Prada-- they call-out people & try to destroy careers all the time.

I contend there might be a difference between calling someone out for copying another designer's handbag. Versus calling someone out for offending China. Snarkily cosplaying as the propaganda arm of China-- takes a much bigger set of edgelord troll-balls.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Two new Biden rape-accusation corroboration witnesses

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

If we would even want to debate whether China has been as upfront and honest as we would like then I would introduce some suspicious indicators that they feel they might be open to criticism. They stopped the EU from including criticism of their lack of transparency in a report:
China 'sought to block EU report that claimed it was spreading coronavirus disinformation'
They made up stories that French government officials were sending each other racist e-mails insulting Dr.Tedros, Director-General of the W.H.O.:
Chinese envoy to France defends country’s ‘goodwill’ amid coronavirus diplomatic row
And now they threaten Australia with a boycott of Australian goods, services, tourism and universities for backing a suggested investigation into their alleged cover-up:
Aussie call for coronavirus probe may result in boycott: China envoy

You don't need to be wearing a tin-foil hat to see a pattern of behaviour here that suggests they are willing to throw their weight around to discourage anyone from examining their actions around the novel coronavirus too closely, and it is reasonable to think they would not destroy what little goodwill they enjoy in the world unless there were actually something to hide.

On a more cheerful note, my hematologist told me this afternoon I have an unrelated donor match! Only a couple of transplants are going ahead each month here, so it will be a month before I go down for more bloodwork, another CT scan, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy (hate that—really hurts!) And a month after that I will be starting two months in hospital. If it weren't bloody snowing again I'd get the Miata out to celebrate.

jg64

Post by jg64 »

So I was wondering what Donald was talking about when he mentioned bleach and UV light treatments for Wu flu, and found these, MMS might be the bleach, and Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation the other. I’m thinking someone interest in Alternative Medicines might have sent him some info :roll:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle ... Supplement

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4783265/

jg64

Post by jg64 »

Lol, you beat me to it, Screwtape :icon-lol:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Oh, and since no one has said it yet, I'll repeat the excellent advice given by the wise in 1914 and 1939, and probably just as accurately:
It will all be over by Christmas!

So there.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote: Oh, and since no one has said it yet, I'll repeat the excellent advice given by the wise in 1914 and 1939, and probably just as accurately:
It will all be over by Christmas!

So there.
https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-boston ... NPXYAY.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Service Dog wrote: Two new Biden rape-accusation corroboration witnesses

Do you find it at all suspicious that Tara Reade still hasn't denied caressing my sacrum without my consent?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I do think Tara Reade is pretty kooky. She's on the sacrumspectrum.

But maybe that's Biden's fault. The vagina is connected to the sacrum. Grab the snatch-- trigger the sac-- who knows?...
maybe that's whut makes 'em go kuh-rayzy

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I don’t forget (or forgive) Kirb and the globalist cheer squad’s mocking of my concerns over Chinese language specific advertising in Sydney.

I have, however, no joy in the commie fuckers finally unfurling their colours.