Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Mykeru

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Mykeru »

JackSkeptic wrote:Well, I'm pleased no atheist gets any kickback for being atheist, we can all retire now and do something else. We can call all those atheist activist groups and tell them they are wasting their time. Last one out shut the door.
You realize inhaling the concentrated distillate of your own shit can lead to dancing?

http://drugpolicycentral.com/bot/propag ... dness9.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackSkeptic wrote:I just realized, as we now have nothing to do, we could all move to Miami and open a knocking shop. Or maybe a striptease with Mykeru and Welch doing a double act. That should at least keep the SJW's going for more lulz.
Did you just confuse me with Clarence? You did. You're higher than fuck, aren't you?

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Mykeru wrote:
zenbabe wrote: Please let this be a little joke from the resident cnut.
Educate yourself!

http://www.vivecoolcity.com/episode/300
Perfect, saw that as a reference link on the wiki.
So many closeups of poop. :(
Seems like a lot of incredibly disgusting work just to get a little bit of lightheadedness. Even the fumes from the cow pies didn't give him the hallucinations of "I see dead people".

Now I'm probably going to be cursed with having to test piss and feces all night long while at work tonight.
MYKERUUUUUU!

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Mykeru wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:I just realized, as we now have nothing to do, we could all move to Miami and open a knocking shop. Or maybe a striptease with Mykeru and Welch doing a double act. That should at least keep the SJW's going for more lulz.
Did you just confuse me with Clarence? You did. You're higher than fuck, aren't you?
Clarence can provide the wiggly boobs.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

It is fucking hilarious to watch Meyers's ragged band of survivors pretending they are some kind of panel of intelligent scientists, who get to pronounce judgement on others' science.

Here's Tethys embarrassing his/herself pretty thoroughly. Both images are from the same comment, with some bullshit in the middle left out:

http://i.imgur.com/7zgKrds.png

http://i.imgur.com/3Ou7bBm.png

Well, some humans have no sense of vision at all yet they are quite capable of finding a mate. This simple fact tells me that humans rely much more on audio and social cues than they do on vision to find a mate.

You dumb fucking halfwit.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-734029

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Thank you for the vivid imagery.
Is that the second or third recent tease of Clarence's appearance? I think the third jokes summons a Daimian to shame everyone on the 'pit for not denouncing it?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

zenbabe wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Is that the second or third recent tease of Clarence's appearance? I think the third jokes summons a Daimian to shame everyone on the 'pit for not denouncing it?

I am not denouncing wiggly boobs. I happen to like them. Anyway I got clearance with Clarance.

John D

Post by John D »

Pogsurf wrote:John D, very sorry for hurting your brain by putting up an argument you couldn't answer, you twat. Since I haven't the faintest idea who you are, why would I be interested in your silly insults?

FYI Tribble's post hadn't appeared, so how could I refer to it?
Yeah! Burp. I don't know you, but I know you are a fucking boring twat. Why do you come here and ask moronic questions? Do something entertaining or at least interesting.... or at least provide a good insult. Shit man. Get with the program.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote:Somewhat amusing to see Caine into full PC Police mode:
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /#comments
If I were a bad person I may have wrote "Pokeacuntus is on the warpath again" but because I'm not, I won't. :drool:
A very amusing comment from that thread, below. I hope 'Donnie' has the guts to stick to their conviction, and starts peppering their comments with 'dicks', 'pricks', and 'cunts'.

Mostly 'cunts', if I'm honest.

http://i.imgur.com/a0FvH4I.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ianfc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Somewhat amusing to see Caine into full PC Police mode:
If I were a bad person I may have wrote "Pokeacuntus is on the warpath again" but because I'm not, I won't. :drool:
I skimmed that post and Caine is doing an awful job of not being a monitor and also this little gem from the Cranky post
Caine, Fleur du mal

6 January 2014 at 2:48 pm (UTC -6)

Susannah:

Mensa translates as “stupid female”.

:gigglesnort: Oh my. I had no idea. Now I’m extra glad I didn’t join when invited.
Yes, dear. I also receive unsolicited mail from organizations which charge for membership. Does I getz a cookie for beinz all smart an' such?

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Caine—just the multiracial rat-fucker that Mensa's been waiting for.

welch

Post by welch »

Pogsurf wrote:Let's start with being burnt at the stake, and work our way down from there.
Done. In that case, only black men have ever been persecuted in this country. By that definition, the salem witch trials were not persecution, no one was burnt at the stake.

welch

Post by welch »

Pogsurf wrote:Or perhaps the persecution has been extrajudicial, like a lynching. Stuff that is just in people's heads doesn't count, so I'll rule out your FL anecdotes, unless you can give a hard and fast instance in which an atheist has suffered for being out.
oh see, you've already moved the goalposts once.

Which means I'm not going to even bother. When you decide on a definition that's not going to change as you need it to so you can win, let me know, and then we'll play.

welch

Post by welch »

JackSkeptic wrote:
Pogsurf wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Ellen-Beth Wachs

There are numerous examples of people having life changing negative consequences of coming out as an atheist.
Thanks for a concrete name. I don't know much about her, but I did find this article about her being arrested frivolously:

http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/2011/07 ... n-atheist/
EllenBeth Wachs, 48, has been arrested three times in four months by Polk County, Florida, sheriff’s deputies – and she claims it’s because she’s an atheist who has worked to keep prayer out of public meetings.
If she was persecuted it was not for being out as an atheist as such, but for her activism. I don't know the outcome of the arrests.
So her atheist activism has nothing to do with her being an atheist and the local police chief disliking atheists. OK, if you say so. I found your earlier comment very naive of what is going on in the world and I have not yet decided if your on a trolling spree. It is trivial to find examples of people being persecuted and sometimes killed for atheism. Numerous people phone and write to blogs and podcasts detailing their experiences when they came out from losing jobs, family, means of support, college support, shunning and verbal and physical attacks from the community and a whole variety of negative consequences. You can find examples of similar when an atheist moves into a religious community. Try 'Atheist' and 'Tornado' for an ignorant example of even the media assuming everyone believes in a deity.

Google 'Cartoons' and 'Muslim' if your struggling and for some fun times you can also Google Nate Phelps. Or Mormon and atheist. Or any number of 10 second searches.
He's already changed his definition once. There is literally no point in trying until he sets forth a definition of persecution that he's not going to change as needed.

welch

Post by welch »

Mykeru wrote:
welch wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:I hate to repeat myself, but welch is a poopyhead.
I really am.

:hankey:

See!

Once again, we have thread drift. People making the perfectly mundane observation that Welch is a poopy-head, no one likes him and he reeks of Doritos and failure, forgetting the actual title purpose of this thread which is to discuss how, and to what degree, I am a cnut, which I believe is a byproduct of Lsuoma's sloppy spelling while under the influence of the Jenkem he loves so much.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... enkem1.jpg

Apologies to P. Stanley:

I STOLE YOUR THREAD

(stole your thread)

I STOLE YOUR THREAD

(stole your thread)

I STOLE YOUR THREAAAAAAAAAAAD! YEAAAAAAAAH!

SOLO!!!!!

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:Also Pogsurf. You are boring... and I really hate boring people... so fuck off for being boring. And I will never go to a freethoughtblogs site.... I refuse to give them any hits. If you have something to say you should say it.... and please stop being a fucking boring twat.

I miss it when you called me a cunt and I called you a racist. That was at least fun. Poggie's just tedious.

sigh.

welch

Post by welch »

My wife could shave my back and ass hair into amusing shapes that spell out naughty words when I do a downward facing cunt.

welch

Post by welch »

zenbabe wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
MOOBS MOOBS MOOBS

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

ianfc wrote:
I skimmed that post and Caine is doing an awful job of not being a monitor and also this little gem from the Cranky post

(snip)
Did Caine lose her monitor status somehow?

Regardless, I don't think I can recall Caine ever being in a mode other than full PC police. I've not been keeping up on the Pharyngula bunch much since the Shermer accusations, so if Caine has been trying come off less like a dominatrix with telephone pole up her ass, that might be amusing to watch.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Guestus Aurelius wrote:Caine—just the multiracial rat-fucker that Mensa's been waiting for.
:lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Old_ones wrote:
ianfc wrote:

(snip)
Did Caine lose her monitor status somehow?

Regardless, I don't think I can recall Caine ever being in a mode other than full PC police. I've not been keeping up on the Pharyngula bunch much since the Shermer accusations, so if Caine has been trying come off less like a dominatrix with telephone pole up her ass, that might be amusing to watch.
I believe she voluntarily gave it up because every time she posted links to The Rules, other posters would accuse her of abusing her power. Absolutely fucking ridiculous (she and other disciples had been placed in these positions by PeeZus Himself, with adequate warnings about the Banhammer, etc) but hilarious to witness.

PS: loved your line: "so if Caine has been trying come off less like a dominatrix with telephone pole up her ass, that might be amusing to watch." So accurate. :D :clap:

Need an update

Post by Need an update »

Did Shermer decide not to prosecute PZ after all? What happened with that?

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Shermer either dropped it or is playing the slow game. Probably dropped it. We are disappoint.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:It is fucking hilarious to watch Meyers's ragged band of survivors pretending they are some kind of panel of intelligent scientists, who get to pronounce judgement on others' science.

Here's Tethys embarrassing his/herself pretty thoroughly. Both images are from the same comment, with some bullshit in the middle left out:

Well, some humans have no sense of vision at all yet they are quite capable of finding a mate. This simple fact tells me that humans rely much more on audio and social cues than they do on vision to find a mate.

Humans like to think they're making conscious choices about mates based on visual, and perhaps auditory, clues, but the reality is that we're mammals, not birds, and some of our behavior may indeed be driven by olfactory cues. After all, olfaction is the only sensory modality that gets to bypass the thalamus and enter cerebral cortical areas directly - and the areas that receive this direct blast of olfactory information are all part of the limbic system, the neural substrata of emotions and memories. I think most people recognize that smells can evoke vivid and intense memories (Proust certainly did). All other sensory inputs - visual, auditory, taste, touch - have to go through distinct thalamic nuclei, before reaching the cerebral cortex, and are subject to processing and gatekeeping there.

But yeah, they'll double down and pretend they know everything.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

welch wrote:
I think at this point that one half of tumblr is trolling the other half.

The problem of course is that no one is sure who's the troll. but it is fun to watch.
I seriously have no idea anymore. That Social Justice Wario is just too fucking stupid to not be a troll, but it kinda feels genuine. Some of the other shit I and fellow pitters have linked seriously smells of troll, and at least half of the "I need feminism" posters look like they were edited or were put up by troll antifeminists.

I am beginning to wonder if there are actually ANY feminists on tumblr, or if it's all antifeminists trolling other antifeminists for lulz.

James Caruthers

http://24.media.tumblr.com/85a91f2b9c2a ... 1_1280.jpg
Here's an example of one that I'm almost certain is a troll. Either someone edited it, or the woman is joking.

I have seen many MRAs claim this was a serious picture, and respond to it. Come on! Is there really a single damn feminist on the planet (even an SJW) who would really say this and not be joking? But then, this is tumblr...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6f35f1a3978 ... o1_500.jpg
I think this is a joke. But as Welch said, how can anyone tell? If it is a joke, it's probably one the woman in the photo is in on. The writing looks genuine.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mapum ... o1_500.jpg
Unless she's a lesbian, I don't see how feminism can help this woman. /predictablejoke

James Caruthers

I have so many questions about that last image. How does she define a consensual sexual experience? Does she mean sexual abuse and criminal rape? How is feminism supposed to fix past abuses? Feminism is powerful, but it doesn't have access to time machines. Is she a proponent of the SJW "enthusiastic consent at all times or it's rape" idea? Does she consider drunk sex to be rape? Does she believe in "retroactive rape" (where you consent at the time, but regret it later and call it rape)?

At the time she was born, feminism was already popular and well on its way to being ubiquitous in society. She grew up in a world steeped in feminism, albeit not always of the 3rd wave variety. Does she think there's anything modern (presumably SJW) feminism could do for her now that the feminism of the early '90s could not do back then?

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

The writing looks genuine.
There is something a wee bit odd about the downward facing dashes at the bottom of the page that lead me to think the writing is P'shooped.

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

James Caruthers wrote:http://24.media.tumblr.com/85a91f2b9c2a ... 1_1280.jpg
Here's an example of one that I'm almost certain is a troll. Either someone edited it, or the woman is joking.

I have seen many MRAs claim this was a serious picture, and respond to it. Come on! Is there really a single damn feminist on the planet (even an SJW) who would really say this and not be joking? But then, this is tumblr...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6f35f1a3978 ... o1_500.jpg
I think this is a joke. But as Welch said, how can anyone tell? If it is a joke, it's probably one the woman in the photo is in on. The writing looks genuine.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mapum ... o1_500.jpg
Unless she's a lesbian, I don't see how feminism can help this woman. /predictablejoke
Those could all be photoshops or hoaxes, but then there is this:

http://www.israellycool.com/2013/10/15/ ... estinians/

Those Damn Racist Israelis Who Won’t Rape Palestinians

Which eventually gets to this:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/ ... suftvRDt-Z
Heb. U. Paper Finds: IDF Has Political Motives for Not Raping
Hebrew University committee prize-winning paper finds that the lack of IDF rapes of Palestinian women is designed to serve a political purpose.

"I do not have the entire text in front of me," Gurevitch said, when contacted by Arutz-7, "and I don't think we can jump to conclusions based on partial sentences, but I can say the following: This was a very serious paper that asked two important questions: Is the relative lack of IDF rapes a noteworthy phenomenon, and if so, why is it that there are so few IDF rapes when in similar situations around the world, rape is much more common?"

Observers and Academia
Arutz-7: "Can't it just be that Israeli soldiers come from a culture that very much condemns rape? And why not mention the much-touted 'purity of arms,' i.e., the high moral conduct, of the Israeli Army?"

Gurevitch said that observers do not have the right to demand a particular explanation to a given phenomenon. He said that the researcher had done a serious job, based on interviews with 25 soldiers and other accounts, and that the right-wing should not jump to the conclusion that this was simply another "secular, left-wing" generality.

Makor Rishon editor Amnon Lord, who first publicized the story, wrote that not only did researcher Nitzan not consider Jewish tradition as an explanation, but neither did she "raise the possibility that her initial assumption - namely, that the situation in Judea and Samaria is just like any other situation of conquest - may be wrong."

Demographic Fears
Nitzan's paper did, however, give much space to the explanation that the Israeli soldiers refrained from rape out of demographic considerations. She explained at length how fearful the Jewish population is of the growing Arab population, and how in cases of wartime rape, the baby is generally assumed to be of the mother's nationality.

"It is noteworthy," Lord concludes, "that Palestinian propaganda around the world frequently accuses Israelis of murder and rape. Such that this situation is unique: An army is found blameworthy of rape, and is also blameworthy of not raping."
Here is um, well, a frontpagemag link that is somewhat amusing: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreen ... ian-women/

James Caruthers

Not surprised to see the city in that frontpagemag link is Portland, and the professor is from Seattle.

There's something in the goddamn air that makes people ride bikes, drink Starbucks and become crazy SJWs.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

free thoughtpolice wrote: If I were a bad person I may have wrote "Pokeacuntus is on the warpath again" but because I'm not, I won't. :drool:
If I were a grammar Nazi I might have written "'may have wrote' should be 'might have written'" but because I'm not I won't. :D

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

James Caruthers wrote:
Hey now, real men like curves. If you don't pick the women in the top picture, you are a misogynist pedo who must want to fuck children.
Exactly.

By the way, it is well known scientific fact that men who prefer 'curvy' women often display an unhealthy attachment to their mother. Some even secretely desire to fuck her and kill their father.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Pogsurf wrote:Let's start with being burnt at the stake, and work our way down from there.
I don't know about being openly atheist, but not being christian is a real pain in the ass in some parts of the US. An anecdote I told before (either here or at Abbie's ERV) is that a mailman in Florida (St Petersburg) refused to give me my mail because I was wearing a Deicide (metal band) shirt will going out to greet him. He said I shouldn't wear such shirts and that Jesus loves me. He let me know he would deliver the mail next day if someone else came out to pick it up.

It's not "persecution", per say (cution?), but it's close enough.

Liesmith

Post by Liesmith »

I was openly atheistic in high school, and every day the other kids would tie me to a stake every day, and stab me in the heart with spears until I died. Since I wasn't lit on fire, I didn't really consider it persecution, though.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Nonsense! In my days, they'd just tie me to a block of concrete and throw me in the deep end of the school swimming pool. It was all in good fun, of course.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Mind you, it was in junior high. I only tried high school twice, and failed on both occasions. Oooh, crayons!

JacquesCuze

Post by JacquesCuze »

Liesmith wrote:I was openly atheistic in high school, and every day the other kids would tie me to a stake every day, and stab me in the heart with spears until I died. Since I wasn't lit on fire, I didn't really consider it persecution, though.
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

Pogsurf

Post by Pogsurf »

Welch is such a knob he hadn't even spotted I was moving the goalposts in his direction.

Tribble's discrimination via the courts would count as bravery if you could find someone who 1) was aware that this happened, and 2) faced a reasonable chance of it happening to them in the near future, and 3) said something like 'I'm about to get divorced and the judges round here are bigoted as fuck, but sod it I am coming out as an atheist anyway'.

Phil is heading down the right track, but even he says his anecdote is not about being openly atheist.

So I have gathered from this I am wrong, but there is no actual evidence to show me why. Poor, persecuted, would-be American atheists, my heart weeps for you.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh shit, I swore I never would, but I'm watching the 21 Jump Street movie right now. Shit is hilarious!

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Jan Steen wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:
Hey now, real men like curves. If you don't pick the women in the top picture, you are a misogynist pedo who must want to fuck children.
Exactly.

By the way, it is well known scientific fact that men who prefer 'curvy' women often display an unhealthy attachment to their mother. Some even secretely desire to fuck her and kill their father.
Is it just me, or in the top photo does the one on the left appear to have her ass on back-to-front?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:
The writing looks genuine.
There is something a wee bit odd about the downward facing dashes at the bottom of the page that lead me to think the writing is P'shooped.
If you look carefully, the dashes look like they extend a bit below the page.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

I think - looking at it again, it might be my eyes or an artifact, but when I looked at the left side (her right) it looked like the lines extended just a tiny bit below the paper.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

News flash:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/2 ... 04083.html
For a long time, women have fought -- and are still fighting -- to overcome gender roles and expectations. However, it's important to remember that rigid ideas about what men and women "should" or "shouldn't" do isn't just bad for women.

A Dec. 17th thread asked the men of Reddit, "What girly thing do you really want to do or try but it is socially unacceptable?" Responses ranged from cuddling etiquette ("Being the little spoon") to fashion woes ("Toe socks") and showing emotion ("Crying in public without getting judged").

Here are 11 of our favorite answers:
So they cherry picked answers that prove guys just want to be like girls.

Fucking HuffPo, everytime I read it I feel like Pitchguest should feel posting on FTB.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

James Caruthers wrote:I have so many questions about that last image. How does she define a consensual sexual experience?
One not involving a male.
Does she mean sexual abuse and criminal rape?
All abuse is rape. Rape is about power, but power is about sex.
How is feminism supposed to fix past abuses? Feminism is powerful, but it doesn't have access to time machines.
By re-wrting history. He who controls the present controls the past. He who controls the past controls the future.
Is she a proponent of the SJW "enthusiastic consent at all times or it's rape" idea? Does she consider drunk sex to be rape? Does she believe in "retroactive rape" (where you consent at the time, but regret it later and call it rape)?
Yes, yes and yes. Even if you don't regret it later, it's still rape.
At the time she was born, feminism was already popular and well on its way to being ubiquitous in society. She grew up in a world steeped in feminism, albeit not always of the 3rd wave variety. Does she think there's anything modern (presumably SJW) feminism could do for her now that the feminism of the early '90s could not do back then?
Help her to sound less like her mother.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:It is fucking hilarious to watch Meyers's ragged band of survivors pretending they are some kind of panel of intelligent scientists, who get to pronounce judgement on others' science.

But then again, autistic folk have been known to find mates too, so maybe we humes rely more on...um, something else, rather than social cues.

Also, Tethys is showing both zit's visual-normative and neurotypical privilege there - 50 lashes, I reckon, and a stab in the private parts for being such an oppressive shit.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

guestinavest wrote:
That's completely incorrect - Robbins was part of the very SJW gang that lynched Jack of Kent based on hearsay, thus destroying westminster sitp and then subsequently setting up soho sitp to replace it.
They were certainly friendly a couple of years ago but perhaps you are closer to the current situation than I am.
I got the impression that the reason for Westminster Skeptics and Soho Skeptics going their separate ways was more to do with the different focus of the respective groups - Westminster Skeptics wanted more of an emphasis on politics and legal matters, while Soho Skeptics were more along the lines of 'traditional' skepticism (alternative medicine, ghosts, science etc.) Then again, I'm not close to the situation so there could be some information that I haven't seen. If you have some more details that you can point me towards I'd appreciate it.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Gefan wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:"Jan Steen"]http://i.imgur.com/8dno9Ga.jpg
Exactly.

Is it just me, or in the top photo does the one on the left appear to have her ass on back-to-front?
No, she appears to have three people's asses on backwards. Maybe the people she had for her mid-morning snack.

There's no "thin person wanting to get out" in this lot - rather, there's a fatter person.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

"You are what you eat, and it looks like you just had a big fat man" - Dr Perry Cox, Scrubs.

windy

Post by windy »

James Caruthers wrote:
welch wrote:
I think at this point that one half of tumblr is trolling the other half.

The problem of course is that no one is sure who's the troll. but it is fun to watch.
I seriously have no idea anymore. That Social Justice Wario is just too fucking stupid to not be a troll, but it kinda feels genuine. Some of the other shit I and fellow pitters have linked seriously smells of troll, and at least half of the "I need feminism" posters look like they were edited or were put up by troll antifeminists.

I am beginning to wonder if there are actually ANY feminists on tumblr, or if it's all antifeminists trolling other antifeminists for lulz.
I had that same suspicion when I came across "Angry Social Justice Kirk" the other day:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/62aa962efee2 ... o9_250.jpg

Shouldn't that say "Can I join in?" :lol:

Southern

Post by Southern »

JackSkeptic wrote: So her atheist activism has nothing to do with her being an atheist and the local police chief disliking atheists. OK, if you say so. I found your earlier comment very naive of what is going on in the world and I have not yet decided if your on a trolling spree. It is trivial to find examples of people being persecuted and sometimes killed for atheism. Numerous people phone and write to blogs and podcasts detailing their experiences when they came out from losing jobs, family, means of support, college support, shunning and verbal and physical attacks from the community and a whole variety of negative consequences. You can find examples of similar when an atheist moves into a religious community. Try 'Atheist' and 'Tornado' for an ignorant example of even the media assuming everyone believes in a deity.

Google 'Cartoons' and 'Muslim' if your struggling and for some fun times you can also Google Nate Phelps. Or Mormon and atheist. Or any number of 10 second searches.
Another example: Guy Richtie, the guy who makes the Living After Faith podcast:

http://livingafterfaith.blogspot.com.br/

Southern

Post by Southern »

Southern wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote: So her atheist activism has nothing to do with her being an atheist and the local police chief disliking atheists. OK, if you say so. I found your earlier comment very naive of what is going on in the world and I have not yet decided if your on a trolling spree. It is trivial to find examples of people being persecuted and sometimes killed for atheism. Numerous people phone and write to blogs and podcasts detailing their experiences when they came out from losing jobs, family, means of support, college support, shunning and verbal and physical attacks from the community and a whole variety of negative consequences. You can find examples of similar when an atheist moves into a religious community. Try 'Atheist' and 'Tornado' for an ignorant example of even the media assuming everyone believes in a deity.

Another example: Guy Richtie, the guy who makes the Living After Faith podcast:

http://livingafterfaith.blogspot.com.br/
Oh my. "Guy Richtie"? I don't know why the fuck I thought of this name. The guy from the LAF podcast is Rich Lyons.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Pogsurf wrote:John D, very sorry for hurting your brain by putting up an argument you couldn't answer, you twat. Since I haven't the faintest idea who you are, why would I be interested in your silly insults?

FYI Tribble's post hadn't appeared, so how could I refer to it?

That's besides point. You argue from complete ignorance, like a creationist. It makes you dull and tedious and not worth arguing with.

That you actually think you're clever when do so, despite you're being so far from clever that it's on the other side of the blue event horizon caused by the blackhole of your ignorance, is what is annoying.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Need an update wrote:Did Shermer decide not to prosecute PZ after all? What happened with that?
I suspect he dropped it. The issue he faced, in my amateur opinion, would be:

1. It would be hard to establish real harm (although due to the nature of the accusation this is strictly irrelevant) The person making the accusation and those believing it are known to be very loose with the truth. It would be as if Scientology had made the accusations, less people would take it seriously as it is the sort of thing they do all day anyway and they are largely ignored. Also Shermer appears unhurt by this, he is still getting invites.

2. It may be seen as a malicious response if he did not take alternative and cheaper remedies. He may well have received a private apology or promise not to repeat the accusation. This sort of agreement is likely to remain confidential and a court would expect him to pursue that option first.

3. Shermar can't be bothered will people like Myers, he will want to move on as he has things to do. The whole thing can be very distracting and time consuming.

4. Of course, as a skeptic, I have to include the point that the accusations may be true (not the redefinition of the word rape but the events described) and he does not want to open a can of worms and argue petty semantics with SJW's who attach any meaning to a word that takes their fancy.

Of course maybe it has not been dropped.

Southern

Post by Southern »

The blinds are not human beings.

Q.E.D.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Nonsense! In my days, they'd just tie me to a block of concrete and throw me in the deep end of the school swimming pool. It was all in good fun, of course.
Bah, we never went to school. All atheist kids were sent to work down the 'pit. Being set on fire only happened to the posh kids. Bastards.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Suiting up to bike in.

And this is after every damned person, including people in the commuter biker's locker room asked me all day "Are you biking in tomorrow?"

"Yeah, why?"

"It's going to be really cold tomorrow"

"Only pansies worry about the weather"

My office mate even opined that I was "too old" to do this sort of thing. In a fit of restraint, I failed to kick him in the goolies. And my bosses' boss, who is himself a biker with massive "bike privilege" because he normally says the biggest problem he has biking in is picking which bike to ride, gave me an overly concerned look.

Current temp: 3 degrees with a wind chill of about -13. I'll let you know how much it sucked.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:
My office mate even opined that I was "too old" to do this sort of thing. In a fit of restraint, I failed to kick him in the goolies.
Only pansies consider themselves too old for excercise. There's a bloke in my gym who is well into pension age, he goes 5 times a week, without fail, even when he's ill, and he is harxxxc0re 2 tha maXx. He weighs 10 stone and a bit, ripped to absolute fucking bits and he comes in with a bit of rope so he can tie weights around his waist while he's doing chin-ups, which he does fucking loads of. I've been going to my gym since 2004 and he's never, to my knowledge, missed a day apart from when he goes on climbing holidays. And when he's not at the gym he's biking around the country. Even the gym freaks think he takes it too far.
Absolute legend.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ianfc wrote:
Caine, Fleur du mal

6 January 2014 at 2:48 pm (UTC -6)

Susannah:

Mensa translates as “stupid female”.

:gigglesnort: Oh my. I had no idea. Now I’m extra glad I didn’t join when invited.
Sigh. It's Latin, not Spanish. It just means table. If she was actually interested in Mensa, instead of pretending to be smart (Oh, look at me, Mensa is chasing me!!!(which isn't likely to be true)) and gone through the application and testing process (which has to be done before you're 'invited,)' she'd have likely known that.

Sadly, for society in general and the daily stupidification of Pharyngula readers, a little bit (or a lot in Caine's case) of ignorance can go a long way into endarkening of reason and destroying the Enlightenment, one idiotic SJW pronouncement at a time...

Though it does make for the lulls...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Where's service dog these days?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I noticed that Morris Minnesota's answer to Ernest Shackleton posted a video of himself yesterday waddling the two minute trek from his house to his University department. According to him, he needed to go in to feed the fish.
(Otherwise how is he going to complete the experiments, write up the results and publish it in a prestigious science journal!
...What?)

Anyway, the interesting thing to note from this is not the video itself, but the fact that we get to see the number of views it's had in the last day - and therefore an indirect figure on how many people are reading pharyngula.
At the current time the view count stands at 2,469.
As a comparison, Thunderf00t's last video, uploaded three days ago has had over 51,000 views.

OK, Peezus is not exactly known as a video blogger, but this clip was posted on pharyngula itself and so views of it might be seen as mirroring, to some extent, the number of visitors to that site.