Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Scented Nectar

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Scented Nectar »

All this talk about rapey coffee has triggered me...

...into making an extra cup of coffee today. Off I go to grind beans!

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

The+Rapist_bbb84f_3946959.jpg
(55.18 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Scented Nectar wrote:All this talk about rapey coffee has triggered me...

Enjoy!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dobby wrote:
Chris Clarke (on the Bora apology blog post):

Room for forgiveness? Sure. The expectation that forgiveness is owed if the offender goes through a certain prescribed series of steps? No, that’s not how it works. Forgiveness is there for the benefit of the person who has grievances, not for the person who caused harm.

What does it say about us, M., to suggest our motivation for change has to stem from wanting to be let off the hook rather than refraining from causing further harm?

http://blog.coturnix.org/2014/01/01/201 ... ment-28124
This is a major part of the problem with the SJL. Who the fuck is Chris Clarke to accept/reject apologies on behalf of the actual "aggrieved" parties in this episode? What's more, Chris is demanding that Bora personally apologize to every SJW - however remotely related to this incident. Which is obviously bullshit.

It reminds me of the Tiger Woods "scandal." I'm not sure if it works this way in other countries, but for those who've forgotten (or didn't know), Tiger Woods cheated on his wife and was then expected to make an apology to every person on earth. Even if I was his biggest fanboy, I wouldn't expect an apology from the guy. But this is a nation of narcissists, where every individual's hurt fee-fees must be acknowledged!
I would tell him to go fuck himself, if I didn't think the post wouldn't go through moderation.

Oh, and there's a person on Opheliar's calling me a disgusting little weasel of a man because I didn't provide any links to Oggie's confession.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... nt-1357674

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

Enjoy!
I'm told you can use a screwdriver for that. Takes a while, bean-by-bean, but totally worth it.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Ape+lust wrote:
:shock:
http://imgur.com/Wrx90Ze.jpg
OMG

FRA(P)PE

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Southern wrote:
Dobby wrote:

Room for forgiveness? Sure. The expectation that forgiveness is owed if the offender goes through a certain prescribed series of steps? No, that’s not how it works. Forgiveness is there for the benefit of the person who has grievances, not for the person who caused harm.

What does it say about us, M., to suggest our motivation for change has to stem from wanting to be let off the hook rather than refraining from causing further harm?

This is a major part of the problem with the SJL. Who the fuck is Chris Clarke to accept/reject apologies on behalf of the actual "aggrieved" parties in this episode? What's more, Chris is demanding that Bora personally apologize to every SJW - however remotely related to this incident. Which is obviously bullshit.

It reminds me of the Tiger Woods "scandal." I'm not sure if it works this way in other countries, but for those who've forgotten (or didn't know), Tiger Woods cheated on his wife and was then expected to make an apology to every person on earth. Even if I was his biggest fanboy, I wouldn't expect an apology from the guy. But this is a nation of narcissists, where every individual's hurt fee-fees must be acknowledged!
Chris Clarke is, in fact, a privileged white male fat fucker. So he should shut up and listen.
Chris Clarke is a sad, insipid, moaning, genital-louse's bellend and should fuck right off.
Where did he spring from anyway? Was it guest blogging at PZ's? I

Really?

Post by Really? »

Pitchguest wrote:
Dobby wrote:

I would tell him to go fuck himself, if I didn't think the post wouldn't go through moderation.

Oh, and there's a person on Opheliar's calling me a disgusting little weasel of a man because I didn't provide any links to Oggie's confession.

Perhaps you should return to the fray and point out this essay on SkeptiSchism:

http://skeptischism.com/moseszd/2013/11 ... ed-rapist/

The post contains links to Ogvorbis's confessions, but maybe you want to include those, as well. (FTB people aren't big on evidence to begin with; and they certainly don't like searching for it.)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Pitchguest wrote:I would tell him to go fuck himself, if I didn't think the post wouldn't go through moderation.

And not one word from them about how she sleazily tars Zivkovic with Alkon's tweet, which is just an addendum to her post. No one's ever going to wrest the World's Oldest Brat title from her, not while she has a keyboard and AOL.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

Enjoy!
Thank you. I'm back here at the computer with it now. Ahhh, life is good sometimes! Virtual mugs to you all (if you don't mind them and are enthusiastically accepting of them). :D

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Mykeru wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

Enjoy!
I'm told you can use a screwdriver for that. Takes a while, bean-by-bean, but totally worth it.
No, it wouldn't work. All that would do is give the coffee beans an orangey vodka flavour.
:rimshot:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

Enjoy!
Thank you. I'm back here at the computer with it now. Ahhh, life is good sometimes! Virtual mugs to you all (if you don't mind them and are enthusiastically accepting of them). :D
:romance-grouphug:

I think we're ok, unless Andrew's in the fray, and then there will be boob rape. I mean, honking.
And Mykeru might not give enthusiastic consent, but he's a cnut, so that's expected.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

zenbabe wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Thank you. I'm back here at the computer with it now. Ahhh, life is good sometimes! Virtual mugs to you all (if you don't mind them and are enthusiastically accepting of them). :D
:romance-grouphug:

I think we're ok, unless Andrew's in the fray, and then there will be boob rape. I mean, honking.
And Mykeru might not give enthusiastic consent, but he's a cnut, so that's expected.
Maybe we should have a no honking rule while the honkee is carrying hot coffee. Safety and all that. We should boob-honk responsibly.☉☉

☉☉
━

Matt Cavanaugh

Re: What is "Toxic Feminism"?

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Southern wrote:
Steersman wrote:That previous comment of mine got a rise out of Ophelia in any case:
Ophelia Benson wrote:
January 2, 2014 at 1:22 pm (UTC -8) Link to this comment

“Steersman” tells me to answer that question by looking in the mirror. Cute.
My response – which doesn’t even show up as “Awaiting moderation”:
Steersman wrote:And I said a lot more to boot. That you don't post it more or less corroborates my point. Which I've also made in the Pit should you happen to be lurking about there again ....
Is Ophelia lurking here again? Since we were talking about Return of Jedi, I want to tell Ophie something:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 076/a1.jpg

Ophelia Benson really is a nasty old cnut, eh? She and her mini-horde of mentally ill recluses brag about her censorship! Oh, and Pitchguest is a '"vile disgusting" human being for accurately relating Ograpist's story*, instead of their rapidly-evolving revisionist version. What's the word for that, again? Oh, right: Cult.

Ophie is living proof that nasty people just keep getting nastier as they age. When she ends up in the old folks home -- and given her early onset senile dementia, that shan't be too long -- her nastiness will inspire the staff to pee in her metamucil and intentionally miss over & over with the catheter. Live long and prosper, you bat-shit hag!

* Ever notice how very similar Ograpist's tale is to the childhood experience of Stieg Larsson? (Except, of course, that, while Larrsson went on to write three books condemning rape, Oggie went on to rape three more minors.) Just a coincidence, I'm sure -- or further proof of Rape Culture.)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Chris Clarke is a sad, insipid, moaning, genital-louse's bellend and should fuck right off.
Where did he spring from anyway? Was it guest blogging at PZ's? I
2nd-3rd tier blogger from way back. Moving in with PZ was a step up in exposure and might have opened opportunities (which he probably needs, he complains about his economic situation), but quitting in butthurt wasn't a good move. It wasn't the first time, either. From what I've seen, he was just as snarly as any of the Pharynguloids, so I don't get why he didn't just clobber them and hang on to his gig. I dunno, I guess those weirdos feel vulnerable when tweezed apart from the horde. Caine couldn't hack it and they don't come any meaner than her.

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Southern wrote: Chris Clarke is, in fact, a privileged white male fat fucker. So he should shut up and listen.
Mykeru wrote: The important thing isn't contrition on the part of the "guilty" party. This is all about the moral dog-piling. As soon as a witch is taken down (so they imagine) by the bigguns, all the little shits have to line up to make sure they get brave little head kicks in on the unconscious body. Otherwise, who will sing their praises in the Social Justice Great Hall?
Pitchguest wrote: I would tell him to go fuck himself, if I didn't think the post wouldn't go through moderation.
Tony Parsehole wrote: Chris Clarke is a sad, insipid, moaning, genital-louse's bellend and should fuck right off.
Where did he spring from anyway? Was it guest blogging at PZ's?
The worst of it is that Bora had an actual, active role in the SciComm community. So he suffered IRL fallout from this: he lost friends and a job.

Chris Clarke and his fellow assholes had absolutely nothing to do with the SciComm - online or otherwise. Chris was a nature blogger who sometimes delved into Lit-Crit and other English major-type stuff. I know because I used to follow the guy. I also used to follow Marcotte until she made a ridiculous post about how someone trying to hit on her in the library was a sign of the patriarchy and men's disdain for women who read (seriously). I also followed Mykeru lo these many years (which is what brought me over here), but he's a right cnut and I have no apologies for that.

[As an aside - is my clip-quoting annoying? I hate taking up huge blocks of space with full-on quotes, but I'm strange like that. :bjarte: ]

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Ophelia Benson really is a nasty old cnut, eh? She and her mini-horde of mentally ill recluses brag about her censorship! Oh, and Pitchguest is a '"vile disgusting" human being for accurately relating Ograpist's story*, instead of their rapidly-evolving revisionist version. What's the word for that, again? Oh, right: Cult.

Ophie is living proof that nasty people just keep getting nastier as they age. When she ends up in the old folks home -- and given her early onset senile dementia, that shan't be too long -- her nastiness will inspire the staff to pee in her metamucil and intentionally miss over & over with the catheter. Live long and prosper, you bat-shit hag!
Look what you did! You just wrote Ophelia's next blog post for her.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

zenbabe wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
(lovely and subtle analysis snipped)

But if Bora is such an unhappy guy, as I think he is, that puts a new dimension on P.Z Myers demanding bottomless self-flagellation in the public square. He's lost a lot, and perhaps rightly so, but he hasn't lost everything. Yet. Maybe the Freethought Bullies, consciously or otherwise, want to see of they can up their sense of personal power by driving someone to stick a gun in his mouth.
That, is a living example of a 'sobering thought'.
Any bets on if Bora did eat a bullet over this the SJL would tell us that it was an admission of his guilt and see? Patriarchy hurts men too!

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Really? wrote:
Perhaps you should return to the fray and point out this essay on SkeptiSchism:

http://skeptischism.com/moseszd/2013/11 ... ed-rapist/

The post contains links to Ogvorbis's confessions, but maybe you want to include those, as well. (FTB people aren't big on evidence to begin with; and they certainly don't like searching for it.)
I have a few problems with that blog post, namely that: (1) it gets the ages wrong [Ogvorbis - by his telling - was six when he was forced to rape (which I think all of us agree he cannot be held accountable for)] and (2) it leaves out some of Ogvorbis' longer, descriptive posts about the rape he committed when he was 12 (which he admits he knew was wrong).

Also - threepeet? Fuck yeah!

Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Fuck no! I was shot-blocked!

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Ophelia Benson really is a nasty old cnut, eh? She and her mini-horde of mentally ill recluses brag about her censorship! Oh, and Pitchguest is a '"vile disgusting" human being for accurately relating Ograpist's story*, instead of their rapidly-evolving revisionist version. What's the word for that, again? Oh, right: Cult.

* Ever notice how very similar Ograpist's tale is to the childhood experience of Stieg Larsson? (Except, of course, that, while Larrsson went on to write three books condemning rape, Oggie went on to rape three more minors.) Just a coincidence, I'm sure -- or further proof of Rape Culture.)
This is going to be hard to beat for my favorite post of the day.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

If Chris Clarke, Russell Glasser and Martin Wagner were all hanging off the edge of a cliff whose face would you piss in first?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

I left a comment on Bora's blog. Here it is, in case it doesn't make it through moderation over there.
Old_ones wrote:I’m trying to figure out why Chris Clarke and Phisioproffe are here talking about “redemption” and “forgiveness” as if Bora’s social mistakes have anything to do with them. Phisioproffe, how do you have the nerve to accuse Bora of “lurking by the entrance”, by posting on his own blog? Has it occurred to you that he doesn’t need your permission to do so? Maybe you should be reflecting on your own presumptions of importance instead of Bora’s posting behavior.

Bora, if these people reminding you of mistakes that you’ve already apologized for in order to stroke their own moral vanity are your “friends”, then you should consider getting new ones. If not, I’m not sure why you’d bother dignifying them with a response longer than “piss off”. The fact that you’ve admitted a mistake doesn’t imply that you owe anything to the disingenuous trolls who appoint themselves to moralize on behalf of the actual injured party.
http://blog.coturnix.org/2014/01/01/201 ... ment-28143

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

This is going to be hard to beat for my favorite post of the day.
Yup, I was playing catch-up and fell outta my seat when I read it.

S'good to be back :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Tony Parsehole wrote:If Chris Clarke, Russell Glasser and Martin Wagner were all hanging off the edge of a cliff whose face would you piss in first?
I would pinch the end of my dick to make it fan out and get all of them at the same time.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Tribble wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:If Chris Clarke, Russell Glasser and Martin Wagner were all hanging off the edge of a cliff whose face would you piss in first?
I would pinch the end of my dick to make it fan out and get all of them at the same time.
The Atheist Experience guys and gals turning into social justice crazies is one of the saddest parts of the schism; I really liked them most of the time.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

On Bora's post, the comment calling Pitchguest a liar and Pitch's subsequent post with link to Ogvorbis' confession have been disapeared. :think:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

You do that again Tony and I swear, I'm gonna go Mr Creosote all over the room. The things you come up with....

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

I had a look at that "Stunning Silence"-thread at Pharyngula (I've been out of circulation for a while). What the fuck does the sad story of that Ogvorbis-fellow has to do with anything? And before someone says "hypocrisy", consider the context of the thread, the fact that he was fucking 12 - and that the best comments were saying he was out of line.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Steersman wrote:That previous comment of mine got a rise out of Ophelia in any case:
Ophelia Benson wrote:
January 2, 2014 at 1:22 pm (UTC -8) Link to this comment

“Steersman” tells me to answer that question by looking in the mirror. Cute.
My response – which doesn’t even show up as “Awaiting moderation”:
Steersman wrote:And I said a lot more to boot. That you don't post it more or less corroborates my point. Which I've also made in the Pit should you happen to be lurking about there again ....
Hey Ophie - get a real job. One that actually helps people. I happen to be an engineer... and while some people think of me a a "wage slave"... what I actually do is make cars safer, more fuel efficient, and more affordable. I have designed parts that have been built into literally millions of vehicles. Please find some way to contribute. We need everyone pulling together to make the world a better place. Your simply bitching about shit doesn't really help. Kisses!
I certainly think that one can throw any number of stones at Benson, from her being unclear on the concept of analogies (Nazi Germany and TAM), to her “connecting ‘virulent’ with ‘feminism’ is misogyny”, to her attempted hatchet-job on Shermer for his “[atheist activism], it’s more of a guy thing”, and, finally, to her Old Testament moralizing about Bora.

However, I also think that one has to give the devil her due – so to speak. For instance, while several here have thrown a stone or two at her for her posting style – quotes of other sources interspersed with a few terse comments of her own – I don’t find that particularly odious or problematic. And as a matter of fact, I sort of appreciate the links which I can always follow if I’m sufficiently interested in the topic without the hassle of following those sources directly. In addition, I think she makes a credible contribution in raising the alarm on a number of issues, notably the attempted gender segregation at UK universities motivated by various Muslim groups and individuals.

Although, at least in that case, one might argue that it isn’t at all clear whether she’s is drifting over into the realm of racism. Something that several there – including M. A. Melby, and even Josh Spokesgay – have apparently tried to take her to task over. One even might argue or at least suggest that there are a few cracks appearing in the facade, in the “Internet Silo” that is FftB-land, in the “Fellowship” – such as it is, although “den of thieves” may be more appropriate.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

murtzuphlus wrote:I had a look at that "Stunning Silence"-thread at Pharyngula (I've been out of circulation for a while). What the fuck does the sad story of that Ogvorbis-fellow has to do with anything? And before someone says "hypocrisy", consider the context of the thread, the fact that he was fucking 12 - and that the best comments were saying he was out of line.
Even considering the context and age, it's still fucking hypocrisy on the SJLs' part.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:On Bora's post, the comment calling Pitchguest a liar and Pitch's subsequent post with link to Ogvorbis' confession have been disapeared. :think:
Hil-Fucking-arious!

Link?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:On Bora's post, the comment calling Pitchguest a liar and Pitch's subsequent post with link to Ogvorbis' confession have been disapeared. :think:
Hil-Fucking-arious!

Link?
http://blog.coturnix.org/2014/01/01/201 ... in-review/

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

murtzuphlus wrote:I had a look at that "Stunning Silence"-thread at Pharyngula (I've been out of circulation for a while). What the fuck does the sad story of that Ogvorbis-fellow has to do with anything? And before someone says "hypocrisy", consider the context of the thread, the fact that he was fucking 12 - and that the best comments were saying he was out of line.
That his act was not coerced and yet by wearing the hair-shirt he was absolved by the biggest, most-intolerant loud-mouths there. That he was accepted in the community, That he was not shunned or driven out.

Yet look how they behave to anyone not part of their in-group. It is, and will remain, about in-group/out-group hypocrisy and the lies the people of FTB spew on a daily basis and is probably the most concrete example of just how low of behavior they'll accept from the in-group as they seek to demonize the out-group for things that are, frankly, barely above trivial in the grand scheme of 'victimization.'

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And being 12 doesn't absolve one from their crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Thompson and Venables were ten. Also remember, for the SJL, rape is worse than murder, yet Ogvorbis gets hugs and babysitting gigs.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Not disappeared, just put back into moderation.

http://i.imgur.com/EXxcgqX.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dobby wrote: <snip>
[As an aside - is my clip-quoting annoying? I hate taking up huge blocks of space with full-on quotes, but I'm strange like that. :bjarte: ]
No complaints from me – as a matter of fact I’ll bestow half-a-dozen Internets for doing so. I tend to do likewise, athough if there is a lot of quoted sections I’ll periodically include the link to the original comment. But if people are keen to find the context they can always search for a quoted phrase.

In any case, it would be great if more people did likewise, even if only to improve the probability that their contributions are actually read instead of being scrolled past.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:
Not disappeared, just put back into moderation.
Oh, ok. With a bit of luck, maybe Bora is trying to assess the issue before allowing them all back in.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote:
Dobby wrote: <snip>
No complaints from me – as a matter of fact I’ll bestow half-a-dozen Internets for doing so. I tend to do likewise, athough if there is a lot of quoted sections I’ll periodically include the link to the original comment. But if people are keen to find the context they can always search for a quoted phrase.

In any case, it would be great if more people did likewise, even if only to improve the probability that their contributions are actually read instead of being scrolled past.
Yep.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Let's make it clearer:

With no evidence at all, Michael Shermer was accused of rape and pilloried by that community and anyone who said anything about 'hearsay' and 'evidence' was attacked and/or driven out. Oggie self-admits to actually raping three girls, without coercion, and he's forgive, 'pounce hugged, accepted and gets offers of babysitting.

This is, in all my 52 years of living, one of the the more extreme examples of in-group/out-group hypocrisy I've seen. The only ones I can think of that are worse are the various Priest/Scoutmaster Child Raping cover-up scandals. Sure, they were hushed up and violators were hidden so at least the BSA, Catholic Church, et. al. might be said to have had some shame as they protected themselves from the vile behavior of their employees.

And they certainly weren't celebrated! Rather, they were removed or hidden. And while those organizations did the wrong thing by not reporting them, and thus allowed them to continue on in their ways, I still don't think that there were things like 'pounce-hugs' and 'offers of babysitting' given to those people.

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And being 12 doesn't absolve one from their crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger

Thompson and Venables were ten. Also remember, for the SJL, rape is worse than murder, yet Ogvorbis gets hugs and babysitting gigs.
In most civilized jurisdictions, it does. I just think it is a cheap shot.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Well the first thing is he raped three girls, and admitted as much and knew it was wrong when he did it. That's the first thing. The second thing is he was forgiven for it faster - and with greater ferocity - than you can shout 'rape' in a crowded bar. That compounded with the condescension towards Bora, who last I checked never raped anyone, is hypocrisy with a dash of rape apology.

The fact that he was twelve at the time is inconsequential. At the time, he wasn't forced into it like he was when he was younger. He did it voluntarily and with purpose.

Juxtapose their reaction to Bora and their reaction to Ogvorbis, and then consider the severity of the two cases. Which one is more fucked up?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

“There should be a sensitivity to the fact that a 14-year-old is not a little adult.” – Florida Governor Jeb Bush

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

“All little boys are nice until they get older.” – Robert Thompson

“Murder isn’t that bad; we all die sometime anyway.” - Mary Bell

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

Pitchguest wrote:The fact that he was twelve at the time is inconsequential. At the time, he wasn't forced into it like he was when he was younger. He did it voluntarily and with purpose.

Juxtapose their reaction to Bora and their reaction to Ogvorbis, and then consider the severity of the two cases. Which one is more fucked up?
We have to agree to disagree about the age being inconsequential. On the Bora-thing we in complete agreement.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

The age is inconsequential when the perp admits that they knew it was wrong but did it anyway.

In any case, I'm still not sold on Ogvorbis' "recovered memories" story. Seems like bullshit. But I am sold on a bunch of vicious fuckers giving him hugs and babysitting gigs.

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The age is inconsequential when the perp admits that they knew it was wrong but did it anyway.

In any case, I'm still not sold on Ogvorbis' "recovered memories" story. Seems like bullshit. But I am sold on a bunch of vicious fuckers giving him hugs and babysitting gigs.
Agreed on the "recovered memories" story, but that's not the issue is it? And I am pretty sure (aka I have no citation) that kids as young as 7 years old know the difference between right and wrong. Do you want to throw them in prison as well?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:The age is inconsequential when the perp admits that they knew it was wrong but did it anyway.

Right. It's more likely the whole story is bullshit, but that kind of makes the reaction they had to his confession even more distressing.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
ROBOKiTTY wrote:Meet this wasteful, pretentious hipster: http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/m ... ntire-year
Make it go away!
[youtube]1wfh0E-wOYg[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sticks in the fucking craw there to see Physioproffe lecturing Bora on trust, when it was Physioproffe who tried to paint John Brown as a misogynist & racist by taking his tweets entirely out of context, and even editing them for effect.
Integral to the process of regaining trust in any context is demonstrating that you are willing to behave trustworthily in good faith even if you are not guaranteed your desired outcome by doing so.
-Physioproffe

What a Canute.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

zenbabe wrote: I think we're ok, unless Andrew's in the fray, and then there will be boob rape. I mean, honking.
:lol:

Fucking Hell! I am so glad I am still following that rule I made up about no eating and drinking while reading the pit.

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

Pitchguest wrote:

Right. It's more likely the whole story is bullshit, but that kind of makes the reaction they had to his confession even more distressing.
I don't get this. We* have so much dry ammunition. Why spend time on this tragic story?

* I have no illusions of being counted as a part of this community.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Scented Nectar wrote: Maybe we should have a no honking rule while the honkee is carrying hot coffee. Safety and all that. We should boob-honk responsibly.☉☉

☉☉
━
Amen! Preach it Sista! :lol:

All we need now is a smiley snorting coffee onto a keyboard.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:Sticks in the fucking craw there to see Physioproffe lecturing Bora on trust, when it was Physioproffe who tried to paint John Brown as a misogynist & racist by taking his tweets entirely out of context, and even editing them for effect.
Integral to the process of regaining trust in any context is demonstrating that you are willing to behave trustworthily in good faith even if you are not guaranteed your desired outcome by doing so.
-Physioproffe

What a Canute.
From the physiodouchhe post on redemption - his three standards:
Key to demonstrating true contrition is making the following clear to those who have been wronged: (1) I respect your right to have no dealings with me, now or ever; (2) my efforts at making amends are driven not by my selfish interest in regaining the rights, privileges, and power I have lost as a consequence of my violations of trust; (3) I embrace the fact that no matter what I do, trust may never be restored, yet I still make amends and demonstrate my trustworthiness on an ongoing sustained basis.
I think the first one is relevant - if Bora is online at all, then he is violating the "have no dealings with me" rule - since being online is forcing ye olde comradde to interact with him through...magic? No. Elves? No. Ah - Patriarchy!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Badger3k

Indeed. Anyways, I've posted on Bora's blog highlighting Physio's credentials as an expert on the concept of trust, and it awaits moderation. I'm pretty sure it'll be met with a 'tu quoque' somewhere along the line, which the SVW's* always say when they get caught out.

*SVW - Social Vengeance Wankers** - because what more do they want from Bora? The guy has lost his job, is in therapy, has made numerous apologies, is contrite to the point of near grovelling...and somehow, it just still isn't enough for them. If there was any justice that needed to be done as regards Bora, then it clearly has been done - and done in spades. Anything more is simple vengeance.

**well, they ain't exactly warriors, let's face it. Not even on the internet.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Phisioproffe should be back posting his horrible risotto-with-avocado recipes, instead of trying to be the embodiment of Justice Over Internet. Jesus Fucking Christ, the guy is an idiot.

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

First, Physioproffe (?) is an idiot and second, has Bora ever written anything worth reading? Best regards Curious.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Scented Nectar wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: That apology article was painful to read. Bora has bought into the cult's judgements against him, lock stock and barrel. He's apologizing every which way from whatever. And over what? He flirted with some women? OOOOOOooooooooooh, what a crime! What a terrible, harmful, horrible crime!!!!

Are the feminists all in Orwell's Junior Anti-Sex League? That's a rhetorical question. I already know the answer.

Well Bora, go lick their shoes until they've forgiven you for being human. And don't forget: Pretend, pretend, pretend. Pretend that you're the approved deepity/crazy-claim spouting robots that they are. Ugh. Bora, you are probably too far gone to save. I mean who, with any amount of self esteem, would go cry cry sorry sorry really sorry, at assholes who accuse you of a crime when you've not done anything wrong.

It's fucking pathetic seeing someone do that. The healthy response would have been "get lost, I've done nothing wrong". Fucking pathetic. Maybe he's got some sort of serious hating himself going on.
Sing it!
From the sounds of things, he's got a wincingly painful home life anyway. One of those situations which, I imagine, makes him susceptible to weakness.
That makes it even sadder if his home life is shitty. I hope it's not, although if what she said in the article about him is true (that he told her there were sexual problems at home), then she has just big-time embarrassed Bora's wife. She acts all 'he shouldn't have shared private stuff with me' but then she goes ahead and blabs it all over the internet.
They love blabbing private conversations over the internet. It is one of those things that makes me feel they all have sociopaths tendencies. It never seems to cross their mind how many people they are hurting with their casual willingness to screw someone over despite the splash damage, as long as it makes them look good. Well, look good to other Sociopathic personalities, to the rest of us it comes over as reprehensible behavior.

It also helps to explain why they need such weird, twisted rules of behavior as they are incapable of working it out for themselves, as the rest of us can do. What we find trivial to grasp they struggle with. What we can judge easily they invariably get wrong as the rules they follow are fatally flawed. They are fatally flawed as these rules are derived by narcissists, demagogues, the screwed up and the righteous. Therefore they are totally unfit for purpose and simply cause damage to others.

It also means they are highly entertaining. I find Myers funny for instance and I can't take him seriously. The poor dear tries so hard yet really doesn't get it at all. If he did then McEwan would not have been able to do the entirely predictable act of ripping him to bits when he tried that pathetic 'alliance' thing (Am I the only one who finds the concept of 'Allies' a bit childish?)

Some of the stuff Svan comes out with is comedy gold; she is so full of herself yet she can be read like a book. You know she decided the conclusion long before she filled the rest of her posts with pompous pontification trying to justify it. Benson I actually feel sorry for. I can't explain why, perhaps as she is too easy a target and the Benson of 10 years ago would be horrified at the Benson of today. She also does get a lot of undeserved personal attacks which I am not in favour of, not my thing.

I love the way Myers commentators jump at any chance to assert some marginal role. Such as being Great Little Chiefs great great great cousin once removed and then start speaking in tongues as if they suddenly caught some ancient wisdom. How pretentious.

In 2013 I had more belly laughs from their antics than I have had in years. I really hope they keep going but they will be damaging a lot more people again this year. It's what they do as they enjoy it. It gets them an emotional high. They like to hurt people.

In the meantime real, important Social Justice issues are being dealt with quietly and competently by others who are more than capable of bringing others on board of various backgrounds and beliefs. The doers of this world not the wafflers and angry brigade. But the Clowns keep crashing their silly car while they contribute nothing at all.

murtzuphlus

Post by murtzuphlus »

Southern wrote:Phisioproffe should be back posting his horrible risotto-with-avocado recipes, instead of trying to be the embodiment of Justice Over Internet. Jesus Fucking Christ, the guy is an idiot.
In context, my post following the above may give the impression of being a half-assed-irony-response. It wasn't, and I hope you accept that. I really want to know if Bora has written anything worth reading.