In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: i continued my review / examination of the alt-right / trad movement by listening to 4 hours of 'Wife with a Purpose'.

Very interesting. Very weird. And less simple than I imagined. She is a mormon who celebrates Polish catholicism. Her husband is atheist but attends church and supports their (6) kids church schooling. She is pro Harry and what's its wedding for which she copped shit - 'cause its traditional and the bride, she decided, was maybe 80% white - almost "clear" . The N word is banned yet discussion seamlessly flows into race though always against a cultural context.

She is like a MRA in her support for men and hatred for feminism. Mostly she is simply for the perceived traditional values of 'her people' and is happy for alternative traditional values to manifest in their own context. but still really really weird. Glad I took the time to use her as radio while I weekend laboured in the office, twas an intriguing rabbit hole
Was there no mention as to that American divorcee being (((the wrong sort of person))) ?

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

So, I know I'm aeons behind the curve here, but I've just started watching Game of Thrones, I've seen the first two seasons since Wednesday and episode 2 of season 3 is on now. It's easily the most entertaining tv programme I have seen for years. I think I see what all the fuss was about :violence-duel:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

jugheadnaut wrote:
screwtape wrote: Looks like Laurier is out for some revenge, rather than change:

‘Ominous’ signs that Lindsay Shepherd’s job, not free speech, is target of Laurier probe
The most interesting revelation in this article is that when Shepherd's lawyer asked for the complaint against her he was told “I do not believe there is a document that contains a ‘complaint’ made about Ms. Shepherd nor is there anything I would describe as a formal complaint under any WLU policy.” If true, this means her supervisors spearheaded the entire thing and no student actually made a complaint, which in turn would mean they willfully lied to her during the meeting. I'd assume lying during a process which has disciplinary ramifications is against university and/or labour regulations. And hijacking the school's grievance mechanism to pursue an ideological end at the expense of a student seems like something that seriously violates faculty code of conduct. The person who should be afraid of losing their job isn't Lindsay Shepherd, but she should get out of that academic cesspit anyway.
What a fucking weasel that lawyer is...but I repeat myself.

What the lawyer 'believes' or how they 'would describe' are not relevant to the investigation. It's obviously written in such a way that it can be backed out of at a rate of knots at any time they want - maybe Baxter helped him out with the wording.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Oglebart wrote: but I've just started watching Game of Thrones, I've seen the first two seasons since Wednesday and episode 2 of season 3 is on now. It's easily the most entertaining tv programme I have seen for years. I think I see what all the fuss was abou
Dixon of Dock Green - got some pretty good reviews too.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote:
So a movement which is all about male identity politics is biased against women? Imagine my shock.

The alt-right is just the mirror image of the SocJus, a movement based on identity politics and victimhood narratives, only white and males are seen as the victims instead of the oppressors.

Traditional values are done and dusted and anyone who wants to bring them back is delusional, especially so in Europe or America. We no longer live in an agricultural society with extended families where children are the only welfare in your old age. Today we live in a post-industrial society where nuclear families are the norm, children are an expense, not an investment. Modernity happened and there's no going back, we live in a world where very efficient forms of contraception and very reliable paternity tests exist and only cultural norms and personal choices prevent people from using them, so the old ideas about sex, child care, family and the role of women no longer work.

We must fight against the self-destructive nature of the Po-Mo, but to defend modernity from an Utopian dream which is based on a deep misunderstanding of the nature of reality, not to turn back the clock to when women were barefoot and pregnant, not just because modernity is better (which I think it is) but, more importantly, because societies have been changed and reshaped by scientific/economic breakthroughs (the Industrial Revolution on one hand, and the invention of the pill and of DNA tests on the other) and the social consequences of those changes. Dreaming of a Trad Life is as much as much as an Utopian aspiration as the "post-gender society".
They are definitely a mirror of SocJus, both have bought into the myth that for thousands of years, the patriarchy kept their women barefoot and pregnant. It's no so much that they can't drag us back to the past, as they are trying to drag us back to a past that only existed in a John Norman novel.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oglebart wrote: So, I know I'm aeons behind the curve here, but I've just started watching Game of Thrones, I've seen the first two seasons since Wednesday and episode 2 of season 3 is on now. It's easily the most entertaining tv programme I have seen for years. I think I see what all the fuss was about :violence-duel:
Likewise, I've gotten into Peaky Blinders a bit late in the game too, and am now thoroughly hooked. Amongst the highlights for me are Tom Hardy's infrequent appearences as Jewish mobster Alfie Solomons - he returned in quite splendid fashion last episode:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
So a movement which is all about male identity politics is biased against women? Imagine my shock.

The alt-right is just the mirror image of the SocJus, a movement based on identity politics and victimhood narratives, only white and males are seen as the victims instead of the oppressors.

Traditional values are done and dusted and anyone who wants to bring them back is delusional, especially so in Europe or America. We no longer live in an agricultural society with extended families where children are the only welfare in your old age. Today we live in a post-industrial society where nuclear families are the norm, children are an expense, not an investment. Modernity happened and there's no going back, we live in a world where very efficient forms of contraception and very reliable paternity tests exist and only cultural norms and personal choices prevent people from using them, so the old ideas about sex, child care, family and the role of women no longer work.

We must fight against the self-destructive nature of the Po-Mo, but to defend modernity from an Utopian dream which is based on a deep misunderstanding of the nature of reality, not to turn back the clock to when women were barefoot and pregnant, not just because modernity is better (which I think it is) but, more importantly, because societies have been changed and reshaped by scientific/economic breakthroughs (the Industrial Revolution on one hand, and the invention of the pill and of DNA tests on the other) and the social consequences of those changes. Dreaming of a Trad Life is as much as much as an Utopian aspiration as the "post-gender society".
They are definitely a mirror of SocJus, both have bought into the myth that for thousands of years, the patriarchy kept their women barefoot and pregnant. It's no so much that they can't drag us back to the past, as they are trying to drag us back to a past that only existed in a John Norman novel.
This is also true, the Trad Past of the alt-right is a caricature and an oversimplification of the real past. Still even the real past evolved into the present and there's no going back.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 am
i continued my review / examination of the alt-right / trad movement by listening to 4 hours of 'Wife with a Purpose'.

Very interesting. Very weird. And less simple than I imagined. She is a mormon who celebrates Polish catholicism. Her husband is atheist but attends church and supports their (6) kids church schooling. She is pro Harry and what's its wedding for which she copped shit - 'cause its traditional and the bride, she decided, was maybe 80% white - almost "clear" . The N word is banned yet discussion seamlessly flows into race though always against a cultural context.

She is like a MRA in her support for men and hatred for feminism. Mostly she is simply for the perceived traditional values of 'her people' and is happy for alternative traditional values to manifest in their own context. but still really really weird. Glad I took the time to use her as radio while I weekend laboured in the office, twas an intriguing rabbit hole
The Alt-Right really isn't female friendly. Despite the Alt-Right's claims that they are the alpha males with the traditional values, their rhetoric makes them very hard to distinguish from the most pathetic PUAs and MGTOWs.

It seems to have escaped their notice that respect for women is a traditional value. So not only do they believe that a woman's place is in the bedroom or kitchen and that women should be seen and not heard, they are not shy about putting them in their place. There is much purity testing going on at the moment, with anyone who has so much as watched a Lauren Rose video or listening to the kind of podcast you have described being called out as a "thirsty beta" for listening to women's opinions. Women you see, have never achieved anything, allowing them into the shield wall will weaken the movement's momentum.
Yea! Women - drain a man of his precious bodily fluids! - @2:15 :

[FT: sure would be nice to post YouTube videos with starting points other than zero ... ]
VickyCaramel wrote: I don't think we have to worry much about The Alt-Right™️
Sure do have a problematic tendency to shoot themselves in the feet. Canons [sic] to the left of us, and canons to the right.

Part of the reason why I periodically think there's a bit of a silver lining to the rather dark cloud of Islam and its barbaric depredations is that it brings into sharp relief the fact that religion, in general, is rather "problematic", particularly in its brainwashing and child abuse:

Why I and many others - including Anjuli Panadavar to some degree - argue for closing every last madrasa & mosque in the country - and then plowing the land with salt and pig's blood, if not nuking Mecca - from orbit, etc - for good measure.

But amusing, in a gallows-humour sense, the number of people who tweet generally quite credible criticisms of Islam, but then fold their tents and steal off into the night when one points out that much of Christianity & Judaism is hardly much better.
VickyCaramel wrote: Has anyone been following the saga of Kraut & Tea and his epic failure to debunk race realism? Academic Agent and Shinobi Yaka seem to be still haggling over the finer details. Most of this genetics stuff goes over my head but it's all very interesting.
Linky? Definitely an issue that is heavily weighted with emotions, many of which aren't particularly commendable or coherent, but one that suffers from many people having a poor understanding of statistics, and the difference between comparing individuals and populations.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:45 am
This is also true, the Trad Past of the alt-right is a caricature and an oversimplification of the real past. Still even the real past evolved into the present and there's no going back.
I had thought that the "white supremest/nationalist/separatist" slur against the Alt-Right had stuck and anyone who was not one of those individuals have abandoned the label and opted for a new label like Alt-Light.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Steersman wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 pm
VickyCaramel wrote: Has anyone been following the saga of Kraut & Tea and his epic failure to debunk race realism? Academic Agent and Shinobi Yaka seem to be still haggling over the finer details. Most of this genetics stuff goes over my head but it's all very interesting.
Linky? Definitely an issue that is heavily weighted with emotions, many of which aren't particularly commendable or coherent, but one that suffers from many people having a poor understanding of statistics, and the difference between comparing individuals and populations.
There are whole strings of videos on the subject back & forth. You will have to search youtube to find them all.
Here are a couple.

Personally I am steering clear of that debate. Even if you win, you lose.

But it does sound like your cup of tea.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

rayshul wrote: https://archive.fo/bBcrP

SJW male feminist talks objectification in comics and video games. At his trial. For child abuse. It's some fucking mad shit.
Christ in a side-car:
FAIRBANKS — A 37-year-old Fairbanks man who was sentenced Monday to 45 years in prison for sexually abusing a young girl under his care told the judge he was a “feminist and pacifist” who had “earnest conversations” with the girl “about gender equality and how she should be able to expect the same respect as any man.” ...
http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_new ... c9db7.html

Dogma, of any kind, tends to rot the mind - and sense of morality:
Loyola_RulesThinkingChurch.png
(100.45 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
If they had called the movement "Stop Police Brutality" they wouldn't have attracted the race identitarians or alienated many "moderates".
Because of white supremacy and privilege white cis het males never run across bad or inept cops.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

deLurch wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:01 pm
There are whole strings of videos on the subject back & forth. You will have to search youtube to find them all.
Here are a couple.

youtube.com/watch?v=VpIrNCk0zCI

youtube.com/watch?v=7cWNDbXFKIk

youtube.com/watch?v=zqGY3bveGVY

youtube.com/watch?v=UvXTIZKRp4U

Personally I am steering clear of that debate. Even if you win, you lose.

But it does sound like your cup of tea.
:-) Thanks for the feedback ...

In any case, those interested in the topic might check out a couple of articles at Quillette:

http://quillette.com/2016/06/23/on-the- ... of-racism/

http://quillette.com/2016/08/09/on-the- ... lications/

http://quillette.com/2017/03/31/not-eve ... teraction/

http://quillette.com/2017/03/27/a-tale- ... ll-curves/

http://quillette.com/2017/12/05/racism- ... ti-racism/

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I am going to throw in a couple more.

Academic Agent has raised his own questions on the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKOeq0EZpqI

And I have just discovered Shinobi Yaka, i have only watched a handful of his videos but he seems very good. I have suggested he to do a livestream with AA who has said that he is up for it. Hopefully the two of them can work something out over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ1xUuTjX5Y

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

MarcusAu wrote:
Oglebart wrote: but I've just started watching Game of Thrones, I've seen the first two seasons since Wednesday and episode 2 of season 3 is on now. It's easily the most entertaining tv programme I have seen for years. I think I see what all the fuss was abou
And as a child I used to be able to play the theme tune on my Hohner Chrometta mouthorgan. Child abuse, I suppose.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:23 am
Action starts at about 18:00

Suddenly I am incredibly thankful that in my police state the cops paint their nails and drive around in clown cars.
It wasn't obvious to me, but the person barking the orders is not the same person who did the shooting (who's body cam we are looking through).

When he was shot, his right hand does indeed swing back to his side. It is allegid that he was pulling up his loose drawstring pants. Also I read that he was .029 blood alcohal content. So he lied to the cop when the officer asked if he was drunk.

He worked in pest control and evidently he was showing off his airsoft pest control pellet gun in the hotel room. People in the pool area saw the gun and called the police.

All of that said, I see way too often cops barking commands telling people to shut up. In theory this is meant to keep control of a situation. But it is obvious encounter after encounter that it scares the shit out of people and makes it difficult to follow orders. I think this shit show falls on the shoulders of the person barking orders and the people that trained or failed to train this officer.

By keeping the shooting victim silent, he could not stop and ask questions if he was confused. They had him jumping at orders instead of moving slowly.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Identity politics pushes men and women to be adversarial when it's always been in the interests of the species for men and women to cooperate.

That said one can only imagine the future chaos when sufficiently advanced technology makes it possible to procreate without a partner.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If it's a given that 'It's OK to be White', then it's just a short step to 'It's OK to Identify as White' and that there is such a thing as 'White Culture'

If Jews, and Japanese and Africans can have their own ethno-states - would it be so bad for whites to have them too? (Which may be more than likely in the Ukraine or Eastern Europe).

At what point do you cite 'irreconcilable differences' and agree to an amicable divorce? (Even without going into 'Race Realism').

I'm not at this point yet (and probably will never be). But I don't see the Alt-Right (in one form or another) going away any time soon.

windy

Post by windy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Traditional values are done and dusted and anyone who wants to bring them back is delusional, especially so in Europe or America. We no longer live in an agricultural society with extended families where children are the only welfare in your old age. Today we live in a post-industrial society where nuclear families are the norm, children are an expense, not an investment. Modernity happened and there's no going back, we live in a world where very efficient forms of contraception and very reliable paternity tests exist and only cultural norms and personal choices prevent people from using them, so the old ideas about sex, child care, family and the role of women no longer work.
On the other hand, that same development may also make modernity in its current Western form unsustainable in the long run without slightly more traditional cultures or subcultures around to supplement the birth rate. If that option fails for one reason or another, modern society will have to reconsider some characteristics of more traditional societies or come up with new solutions to get around the fertility problem.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MarcusAu wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 pm
If it's a given that 'It's OK to be White', then it's just a short step to 'It's OK to Identify as White' and that there is such a thing as 'White Culture'
I am fairly certain there is something that identifies as 'White Culture' in the US, however I suspect most whites in the US would not recognize it. You would have to get down to Irish, German and Swedish heritage customs before it would be recognizable to most white citizens.

But even beyond that, there is the black slur "Oreo" for blacks in the US who act "too white." So the blacks in the US recognize certain behaviors and practices as being something culturally white.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: If it's a given that 'It's OK to be White', then it's just a short step to 'It's OK to Identify as White' and that there is such a thing as 'White Culture'

If Jews, and Japanese and Africans can have their own ethno-states - would it be so bad for whites to have them too? (Which may be more than likely in the Ukraine or Eastern Europe).

At what point do you cite 'irreconcilable differences' and agree to an amicable divorce? (Even without going into 'Race Realism').

I'm not at this point yet (and probably will never be). But I don't see the Alt-Right (in one form or another) going away any time soon.
Well, Islam and the West sure seems to top the list of "irreconcilable differences":

And, on the basis of the 80-20 rule (Pareto principle), I figure we should start there - call in the divorce/immigration lawyers. And it's not as if there isn't massive amounts of evidence of that state:
Welcome to the Hell Hole that is Brussels

by Drieu Godefridi
December 9, 2017 at 5:00 am

Last month alone in Brussels, there were three separate outbreaks of rioting and looting on a major scale.

If you penetrate the thick cloud of professional indignation to scrutinize the reality of the "capital of Europe", what you see in many respects is actually a hell hole, one where socialism, Islamism, riots and looting are the new normal.

When then-candidate Donald Trump noted in January 2016 that, thanks to mass immigration, Brussels was turning into a hell hole, Belgian and European politicians presented a united front at the (media) barricades: How dare he say such a thing? Brussels, capital of the European Union, the very quintessence of the post-modern world, the avant-garde of the coming new "global civilization," a hell hole? ....
Though I'm not sure how amicable the "divorce" is likely to be ... A Two State Solution for Europe?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

mike150160 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 am
Now that was funny work on her part. She does have decent comedic timing. As I said before, at least the first several episodes of her show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend were enjoyable.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
And as a child I used to be able to play the theme tune on my Hohner Chrometta mouthorgan. Child abuse, I suppose.
:-) Speaking of child abuse, brain-washing, & White-Supremacy!!11!! ...

;-)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Tigzy wrote:
Oglebart wrote: So, I know I'm aeons behind the curve here, but I've just started watching Game of Thrones, I've seen the first two seasons since Wednesday and episode 2 of season 3 is on now. It's easily the most entertaining tv programme I have seen for years. I think I see what all the fuss was about :violence-duel:
Likewise, I've gotten into Peaky Blinders a bit late in the game too, and am now thoroughly hooked. Amongst the highlights for me are Tom Hardy's infrequent appearences as Jewish mobster Alfie Solomons - he returned in quite splendid fashion last episode:

I'm not sure the present day residents of Small Heath would appreciate a visit from a Mr.Solomons as much.

https://i.imgur.com/33vcck8.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

deLurch wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:27 pm
I am fairly certain there is something that identifies as 'White Culture' in the US, however I suspect most whites in the US would not recognize it. You would have to get down to Irish, German and Swedish heritage customs before it would be recognizable to most white citizens.

But even beyond that, there is the black slur "Oreo" for blacks in the US who act "too white." So the blacks in the US recognize certain behaviors and practices as being something culturally white.
On the other hand, there is no such thing as 'Black Culture' (as defined by Americans) that would be recognized as such by Africans. (They would more likely classify it as 'American Culture' or maybe 'American Black Culture').

These things come about overtime due to the pressues of their environment - so to an extent are defined by the opposing forces. So 'White Cuture' (at least in America, but maybe in Europe too) in a pan group sense, may be an emergent phenomenon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

White CutureTM - it's fractal even though it's factional.

John D

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote: So the blacks in the US recognize certain behaviors and practices as being something culturally white.
Like having a job.....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 am
Brive1987 wrote: i continued my review / examination of the alt-right / trad movement by listening to 4 hours of 'Wife with a Purpose'.

Was there no mention as to that American divorcee being (((the wrong sort of person))) ?
That was what surprised me. WwaP brought a strong redemptive angle to it - that past mistakes now had the potential to be settled via traditional oil on water. And that Harry was far enough from the throne so this exercise would have institutional or culture impact on the monarchy. Then a weird dude from Texas came on with his own conspiracy theories.

I'm getting the feeling that there are all sort of currents in the right and anyone who places the various thought-patterns under a single convenient label from which to criticise is being simplistic with purpose.

Kirb, I also sense your dogma has a nihilistic element to it which is itself authoritarian. Your modernity, devoid of meaningful collective purpose is unattractive. Civilisation spent centuries refining social fabrics only to have them reset by modernism. For all their failings, customary frameworks are preferable to the current amateur hours of the left and right which seek to fill the void. We will always form collectives defined with more texture than simple freedom of speech (which, operating out of a context is just babble), rule of (increasingly dysfunctional) law and the bland supremacy of increasingly ridiculous individuals.

But maybe I'm wrong and your 'modern society' is not just one more PoMo utopic fantasy. Where should I look to find one of these wonderful role-model (non?) collectives? Or do we first have to smash borders?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And if you say I am living in one I will bop you.

I'm living in a PoMo post-western society that seeks to define unity via diversity and culture via multi-culture.

That's just a petri dish of shit waiting for a dominant virilant strain of something to appear.

:hankey:

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Tigzy wrote:

I watched a few at the beginning but never paid it too much attention. Maybe I'll watch a few, now that catch up tv makes it so easy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb, I also sense your dogma has a nihilistic element to it which is itself authoritarian. Your modernity, devoid of meaningful collective purpose is unattractive. Civilisation spent centuries refining social fabrics only to have them reset by modernism. For all their failings, customary frameworks are preferable to the current amateur hours of the left and right which seek to fill the void. We will always form collectives defined with more texture than simple freedom of speech (which, operating out of a context is just babble), rule of (increasingly dysfunctional) law and the bland supremacy of increasingly ridiculous individuals.

But maybe I'm wrong and your 'modern society' is not just one more PoMo utopic fantasy. Where should I look to find one of these wonderful role-model (non?) collectives? Or do we first have to smash borders?
I'm sorry, I really don't understand these paragraphs. Do you mean that there are no modern liberal democracies in the world? Or that they don't cont as liberal democracy because reasons? What exactly do you mean by "collective purpose" or "customary frameworks"?

Also do you think that people in agricultural societies really devoted a lot of time to "collective purpose" or "customary frameworks", or were those things more of a rationalization of the status quo from the literate elite? I think it's more likely to suppose that most people devoted very little time to the "meaning of life" and much more to simple survival, and those who waxed lyrical about the "purpose" and the "frameworks" were the upper classes who could afford time and effort for such things.

I'm sad to see you're starting to sound like Jordan Peterson.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

John D wrote:
deLurch wrote: So the blacks in the US recognize certain behaviors and practices as being something culturally white.
Like having a job.....
The jokes here are endless, but that wouldn't be politically correct.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: And if you say I am living in one I will bop you.

I'm living in a PoMo post-western society that seeks to define unity via diversity and culture via multi-culture.

That's just a petri dish of shit waiting for a dominant virilant strain of something to appear.

:hankey:
I think you're confusing the SocJus with liberal democracy. Does Australia not follow the rule of law? Does its political system not have separation of powers? Are human rights routinely violated in Australia? Is presumption of innocence the basis of the Australian criminal code? Or is it instead already an authoritarian post-modern state where white men are legally punished for violating the rule of intersectionality? I don't doubt that some would like that to be the case, but I don't think they're the dominant power and have completely subverted Australian institutions yet.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Legal, political, social and economic institutions (parliaments, the justice system, schools, universities, public associations, journalism, etc.) are what really matters, and that's why groups which want to change society either try to infiltrate them or to tear them down. The "common people" follow institutional trends, most really don't care about much more than their private lives, and they go with the flow. "Collective purpose" isn't what most people think about, not even today.

"Normal" people want things to work and to feel safe, accepted and protected more than they want to abstractly "defend identity". Tribalism depends on networks of acquaintances and friends, people deemed trustworthy, and it's based on family and neighborly ties rather than on the "nation state" or the "ethnicity" or the "traditional life". The identitarian political tribalism becomes an important force when there's a perceived threat to one's safety or livelihood, it's an emotional reaction to threats, not a rational analysis or some deep pondering about "purpose" or "tradition".

Most tribalists are motivated by the idea that "the Others are taking our jobs!" or "they're taking our women!" or "they're taking our money!" rather than about "oh my god, we're turning into nihilists and losing the Collective Purpose!"

Most people aren't philosophers, they simply follow what others think, they go with the flow of a moral panic or of moral apathy. That's why gay acceptance spread so quickly where religiosity declines and the scaremongering about sin and hell didn't really work anymore, and that's why the scaremongering about sexual assault is working now.

free thoughtpolice

Nathan Hevenstone, pretend pirate and FTB blogger is in his late 20s (I think) judging by his having completed a bachelor's in 2014.
He has never raped or coerced a woman into sex.
Take a moment w/ yourself and be fucking honest. Can you say unequivically every sexaul experience you've had was fully consensual? Can you?
— Elon James White (@elonjames) October 17, 2017

That… that is a very real question. I can indeed say “yes” to this question, but it’s only because I haven’t had any sexual experiences. Not even a little bit.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Nathan Hevenstone, pretend pirate and FTB blogger is in his late 20s (I think) judging by his having completed a bachelor's in 2014.
Take a moment w/ yourself and be fucking honest. Can you say unequivically every sexaul experience you've had was fully consensual? Can you?

That… that is a very real question. I can indeed say “yes” to this question, but it’s only because I haven’t had any sexual experiences. Not even a little bit.

"Hi! I'm a virgin in my late twenties who has never even seen a boob. Let me tell you how you must have sex and conduct your romantic relationships."

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Nathan Hevenstone, pretend pirate and FTB blogger is in his late 20s (I think) judging by his having completed a bachelor's in 2014.

I think that Nate Hevens wrote that he is asexual.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Then maybe the vegan shouldn't be criticizing the butcher's technique.

windy

Post by windy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Legal, political, social and economic institutions (parliaments, the justice system, schools, universities, public associations, journalism, etc.) are what really matters, and that's why groups which want to change society either try to infiltrate them or to tear them down. The "common people" follow institutional trends, most really don't care about much more than their private lives, and they go with the flow
If that's the case, why aren't Europeans more positive to immigration from Muslim countries? Can't be lack of advocacy by journalists, politicians and academics.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote: Most tribalists are motivated by the idea that "the Others are taking our jobs!" or "they're taking our women!" or "they're taking our money!" rather than about "oh my god, we're turning into nihilists and losing the Collective Purpose!"
It's seldom any of those things. Usually it's hypocrisy and double standards which lead to injustice that grinds peoples gears.

People love to be outraged, and there is tons to be outraged about, day in, day out, drip, drip, drip.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Then maybe the vegan shouldn't be criticizing the butcher's technique.
Most definitely. I'm just pointing out that it's far too easy for the guy who hates chocolate to sneer at those who love it as gluttonous.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

windy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Legal, political, social and economic institutions (parliaments, the justice system, schools, universities, public associations, journalism, etc.) are what really matters, and that's why groups which want to change society either try to infiltrate them or to tear them down. The "common people" follow institutional trends, most really don't care about much more than their private lives, and they go with the flow
If that's the case, why aren't Europeans more positive to immigration from Muslim countries? Can't be lack of advocacy by journalists, politicians and academics.
Because, as I've written later, people react to threats, and muslim immigration is seen as a threat for a variety of reasons (some legitimate, some not). The point I was trying to make is that people aren't looking for "common purposes" and "shared meanings", those things are the product of institutions.

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote:
So that makes at least 2 FTB bloggers that are "aces". What is with the unusual sexual inclinations with the SJW blogger types? They are either trans, queer, asexual, poly, bi, or some other minority identity. The run of the mill heterosexual types are in the minority for sure.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Kirbmarc wrote:
So that makes at least 2 FTB bloggers that are "aces". What is with the unusual sexual inclinations with the SJW blogger types? They are either trans, queer, asexual, poly, bi, or some other minority identity. The run of the mill heterosexual types are in the minority for sure.
Said it before but white guys gotta get those oppression points somehow, and sexual/gender identity is the quickest path because it doesn't require you to actually change your behavior as no one is going to make you "prove it."

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It appears that Trumps decision to recognise Jerusalem as the Israeli capital has outraged those wonderfully peaceful Swedes. Trump really is literally Hitler! :evil:

https://i.imgur.com/PLUnOBQ.png

http://jewishbreakingnews.com/2017/12/0 ... -basement/

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:02 pm
...he thinks that he has found an end-run around being accused of rape. But I am sure if we search through the feminist twitter users we will find at least one who would find some angle for which to accuse him of being a rapist.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:14 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe she didn't actually assault him. But she did record all of the criminal activity. To me that makes her a hero. I will never understand why prosecutors and police want to put the people who record proof of criminal activity or tack on extra jail time for recording their crimes. They need a pat on the back and a firm thank you.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 am
i continued my review / examination of the alt-right / trad movement by listening to 4 hours of 'Wife with a Purpose'.

The Alt-Right really isn't female friendly. Despite the Alt-Right's claims that they are the alpha males with the traditional values, their rhetoric makes them very hard to distinguish from the most pathetic PUAs and MGTOWs.
It seems to have escaped their notice that respect for women is a traditional value. So not only do they believe that a woman's place is in the bedroom or kitchen and that women should be seen and not heard, they are not shy about putting them in their place. There is much purity testing going on at the moment, with anyone who has so much as watched a Lauren Rose video or listening to the kind of podcast you have described being called out as a "thirsty beta" for listening to women's opinions. Women you see, have never achieved anything, allowing them into the shield wall will weaken the movement's momentum.

I don't think we have to worry much about The Alt-Right™️

Has anyone been following the saga of Kraut & Tea and his epic failure to debunk race realism? Academic Agent and Shinobi Yaka seem to be still haggling over the finer details. Most of this genetics stuff goes over my head but it's all very interesting.
My preferred Alt-Right crowd is the Red Ice lot - plus Tara whatshername, The Golden One, a few others. They don't have that misogynistic aspect, they're about racial solidarity, and they're wary of "atomized individualism" (while still being aware that individualism is part of the white tradition - they just think individualism has been too over-emphasized) - but otherwise they're quite a broad church, and they also have a sense of humour. Millennial Woes is also worth listening to.

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:02 pm
...he thinks that he has found an end-run around being accused of rape. But I am sure if we search through the feminist twitter users we will find at least one who would find some angle for which to accuse him of being a rapist.
Time to start the #Iwasrapedbypretendpiratenatehowaboutyou and see if the accusations start to roll in.
A nearly 30 year old dude publicly announcing he is a total virgin is probably covering something up. :think:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Here is the problem with the crazy new left. FA has a thread up about the countries with the most draconian law against atheists. And the whole thread is one long whataboutery 'moore, trump, cakes etc.'

There was a day not too long ago where the left could talk about third world countries where gay/atheists others were killed by the state and we kept it on topic. Bringing Trump or Moore or gay wedding cake refusals were into the topic was criticized as thread derailments. But not to the crazy new left. Cause, it ain't about hating white men or the west. Not in the least. Everything has to be about white men and the west. Except it is not always about white men and the west.

I find it racist and bigoted. Third world state murders people for their beliefs? Whatabout this stuff in the west? Fuck you crazy new left.

And fuck all of these hearts all over the place. It looks like a place for teenyboppers. (Can I get some love for that?)

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

What. The. Fuck!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Any feminist will tell you rape isn't about sex, it's about power, so just because someone has never had sex that doesn't mean they aren't a rapist.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

What. The. Fuck!
So the video is hilarious, scary, troubling, but I'm not sure what the point was, given that all of the forum posts he used were from 2007-2009.

I can understand he finds it troubling that in California, spreading HIV intentionally is now just a misdemeanor, but precisely none of his video:

+ explains why we should take those posts from 2007-2009 and think they aren't just shitposting.
+ explained that pozzing and bug chasing from 2009 is still a thing
+ explained what California medical officials thought of it all

It wasn't a bad video for 2007, I am trying to understand it's relevance in 2017.

I do wish I had his skill at writing and speaking.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Bhurzum wrote: What. The. Fuck!

You are being really judgy about alternative lifestyles, shitlord.

But seriously, I would love to see what present day PZ says about these oppressed minorities who can't even buy a wedding cake.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote: Any feminist will tell you rape isn't about sex, it's about power, so just because someone has never had sex that doesn't mean they aren't a rapist.
Read the comments here:
http://archive.is/6MqQN
Rape has nothing to do with sex. Nothing. And if you say so you ignorant asspimple you must be a rapist. It's all power. The next new social truth will be that you can't rape up.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Really? wrote: You are being really judgy about alternative lifestyles, shitlord.
Mate, anyone who crawls around on their hands and knees in a piss-soaked toilet looking for used condoms to drink from and/or stuff up their ass...yeah, you're god damned right I'm judging them! And that's before we get to the disease spreading factor.

7.62mm.

7.62mm for all involved.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

deLurch wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:14 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe she didn't actually assault him. But she did record all of the criminal activity. To me that makes her a hero. I will never understand why prosecutors and police want to put the people who record proof of criminal activity or tack on extra jail time for recording their crimes. They need a pat on the back and a firm thank you.
Also, wasn't the mosque bacon guy in Britain? I have a hard time believing that a misdemeanor vandalism charge even with attached hate crimes to it can result in 15 years.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Bacon guy got life.

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote: Bacon guy got life.
Bacon guy had a long record and did prior time in the pen. This makes a big difference is sentencing. He didn't just leave bacon... he smashed the place up. Not saying it is entirely fair... but it is a bit more complex. And... he was in the UK... and.... well... fuck those guys.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

I suddenly realized life is biased. No, not straight white men biased against the entire rest of the world. I mean, the world, the universe is biased. The earth has to revolve around the sun. Fuck you sun. Bigot. Evolution is biased/bigoted. Different forms of life reproduce with different rates of success in what I can only call a free enterpise - completely laissaz faire - environment. Evolution is the epitome of capitalism. Fuck you evolution.

Don't worry. PZ at this moment is hard at work with leakey tanks of fish to solve this problem.