In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by free thoughtpolice »

jugheadnaut wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:jugheadnaut wrote:
This issue, which has always been infested with dubious assumptions, has pretty much burned itself out, with most current global population forecasts topping out at under 10 billion before equilibrating at a lower number.
The worlds oceans are declining in productivity and are overfished, fish farms are not the solution and are actually contributing to the problem. In order to bring the billions of people out of poverty and to secure enough standard of living that they don't feel the need to have large families the amount of energy consumption will increase massively, hence increasing AGW. The availability of arable land and fresh water resources is already at crisis proportions in areas where poverty is a problem.
Add another 2 or 3 billion people, mainly to regions already at or past carrying capacity? They will reach equilibrium, but likely through warfare or starvation even if climate change doesn't decrease the ability of the planet to sustain billions of people.
The last 1-2 billion population increase was accompanied by a huge reduction in both extreme poverty and hunger:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ctions.png

but somehow the next will suddenly hit a tipping point that will reverse this? Evidence definitely required. The history of the "population bomb" is so replete with laughably wrong predictions, I have trouble taking it seriously. It was the great lefty moral panic before global warming, and I don't see it making a comeback.
Besides the political/ethnic problems, competition for resources have been factors in wars, in particular when large numbers of young men are in a society where they have a dismal future. For example regarding the current Syrian civil war:
Socioeconomic inequality increased significantly after free market policies were initiated by Hafez al-Assad in his later years, and it accelerated after Bashar al-Assad came to power. With an emphasis on the service sector, these policies benefited a minority of the nation's population, mostly people who had connections with the government, and members of the Sunni merchant class of Damascus and Aleppo.[125]

The country also faced particularly high youth unemployment rates.[126] At the start of the war, discontent against the government was strongest in Syria's poor areas, predominantly among conservative Sunnis.[125] These included cities with high poverty rates, such as Daraa and Homs and the poorer districts of large cities.

Drought
This coincided with the most intense drought ever recorded in Syria, which lasted from 2006 to 2011 and resulted in widespread crop failure, an increase in food prices and a mass migration of farming families to urban centers.[127] This migration strained infrastructure already burdened by the influx of some 1.5 million refugees from the Iraq War.[128] The drought has been linked to anthropogenic global warming.[129] Adequate water supply continues to be an issue in the ongoing civil war and it is frequently the target of military action.[130]
China has been one of these success stories because they have lifted a significant number of their population out of poverty during the last few decades but are now facing a dangerous water shortage and are poisoning their environment.

Over population won't be the end of mankind but is causing serious problems now and will continue to do so.

Really?

Post by Really? »

What could go wrong?
WASHINGTON — People with a history of “self-mutilation,” bipolar disorder, depression and drug and alcohol abuse can now seek waivers to join the Army under an unannounced policy enacted in August, according to documents obtained by USA TODAY.
I guess Democrats weren't serious about gun control after all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 853131001/

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Service Dog wrote:
rayshul wrote:Service Dog I'ma be real pissed if you don't write your memoirs ...

I've heard of this girlboss thing... it feels like a little cult. The one I've been to - like a women's group for business shit - had that feel to it as well. I work with a lot of professional ladies who do their job and I encounter a lot who are women who wanna be part of that kind of thing. I feel like it's sort of like picking on these people who maybe don't have the stuff to go further in their career.
The GirIboss Rally was yesterday. The venue was decorated to be Instagram-able, for attendee selfies.

Lots of neon signs & posters with slogans in edgy, pipe-laying typography.

https://i.imgur.com/1EOzUia.jpg

$700 VIPs had a party last night, sponsored by Cadillac, in a fancy Cadillac showroom, with drinks, dj, food & Cadillacs to sit-in. VIP morning was a group breakfast with girlboss Sophie, highly sponsored from the fancy juice to the fancy coffee to the fancy catering company.

The first arrivals of the $450 general admission crowd, seemed to be youngest and/or less-sophisticated wannabe girlbosses-- like a female comiccon where too-young girls dress like Sex & the City instead of pudgy guys dressed as superheroes. They stood in line on the first near-freezing day of fall, in too-tall stilettos & too-short knock-offs of Diana Von Furstenburg wrap dresses.

Sophie took the 90's Oprah-set lookin' stage & greeted the 600+ paying customers. Her look bordered on being a cartoon-- of a severe business ballbuster. A dyed, straightened sharply-cropped bob, TV-host make-up, a pointy grey suit with the armpits suggestively tailored to be 'crotch-less', melania-trump shoes. She began with a cringey recitation of all her achievements & accolades, "Forbes top 100" this "x-million dollars valuation" that, NYTimes best seller list, netflix tv show based on her life, a period of so many champagne toasts honoring her, that she didn't even know which event she was at...

...but she quickly shifted to the empty frustration of it all... such-as adopting a succession of 3 poodles with her boyfriend of 5 years. A certain type of critic would have a field day mocking her attempt to substitute dog-mom with a boyfriend-- for actual wife & mother role.
Eventually, she bought-herself a wedding ring, gave it to the boyfriend, & demanded 'surprise me'... prompting him to fleeeeee the scene. I don't know where this fits on the timelines of business cinderella/ bankruptcy & scandal/ autobiography/ instagram fame, etc.

But Act 3 is soul-searching with candles & crystals & medicine-women, and a messianic return. She made reference to her fame being based on the version of herself from 15 years earlier... which struck me as a swerve to the crowd attending as fans of that-person. Imagine wanting to have what that person has, paying for the secret to that success/ then being told 'fuck that, i don't give a shit about that anymore'. Like when your favorite scrappy rock band switches to disco or synths or broadway rock-opera.

Shifting from the personal to the grand designs of the movement she now envisions, she admitted to being a straight white woman by saluting the rise of women who don't 'love like me, pray like me, or look like me'... but that majestic phrase ended with another image, which made me gasp-- she said those who aren't on board with the progressive program are like "filth" which will be squeegeed off the nation, like a dirty windshield. Holy fucking hate rally! She gave a shout out to muslims. So did the 2nd speaker. And the 3rd one I listened to. Later there was a diversity panel with some woman in a chador headwrap. And an enormously fat women in sheer fabric & tattooes -- circus attraction chic.

https://i.imgur.com/vAOWA1H.jpg

One security guy is studing finance at NYU. He was stationed near the stage during the business talk & could barely contain himself at the whopper statistics being cited. One was about how women outperform men by 64%, in crowdfunding of business... which was interpreted as women being 64% more profitable in business. Funny how e-begging was conflated with producing profit.

As the sun went-down, a best-selling pro-infidelity author spoke about sex, repeating vintage Ms. Magazine ideas, like the missionary position being bad/ and woman riding horsey on-top being inherently preferable, with a Dr. Ruth Westheimer accent.

After the sex talk, was the get-drunk part. One sponsor was "Women and Whiskey", the blurb to-which was about educating women about whiskey so it wouldn't be just a guy thing to drink... reminiscent of Edward Bernays infamous stunt-- of getting women hooked on cigarettes by staging feminist leaders to smoke during a 1920's feminist march.

Another security guy noted the double-s in girlboSS looks very third reich, in the heavy metal band fonts on the posters. His eyes bugged when a young chinese girl said the most valuable thing she learned was to ignore people who said she's "delusional", because you have to be "delusional" to succeed. She gushed about the cosmic power of universe bringing us together, thru coincidences & such. The guard waited for her to stop talking, then pretended to have some urgent duty, to escape. She was nice... I worry for her future.

The crowd was motivated to leave the building by releasing their giftbags from a separate building, across the street.

As per Skepticon, and other feminist events, ALL the male restroom doors were covered-over with all "all genders bathroom" sign, while the Women's restrooms remained exclusively segregated with a "W". Presumably for Women Only. Surely not for "Whites Only", right? The male electricians, lighting riggers, video crew, security guards, janitors, fire marshals, carpenters, caterers, bartenders, & stagehands... were uncomfortable with the shitting arrangements. A polite black guy attempted to knock on the door of a 3-stall all-gender shitter-- before entering. The women inside didn't give him the courtesy of saying they were inside, nor did they knock before coming-in, of course.

When the event ended & the crowd cleared; a white dude striking the set-- tore the mixgender sign off a men's room door-- and whooped "Free At Last, Free At Last!!!" The black guys in the sound booth cheered. A white guy tore the pink laminated credential on a tiny chrome chain from his neck... & said "the chain is off!" An old rasta pulling electrical cables on the floor literally sang a spiritual as work resumed. Such a great moment.

I think the girlboss message is basically 'you are awesome & should be paid, just for being so cool.' You should be instagram famous & be paid to tell interviewers favorite brands of makeup, or to take selfies at fancy parties. Or you can work hard in a 'digital content provider arena with a peer2peer influencer base', etc. ...which will make you a glamorous soap-opera version of a boss/ not just a frumpy overworked stiff with a job. One portion of the crowd struggled to pay the $450, hoping to obtain hints to succeed. Another major portion attended on a whim, with daddy's money-- they're the sort who don't need to earn to pay the rent-- they create unprofitable fake glamorous business-- vanity clothing & cosmetic lines, or showy self-congratulatory save-the-whales non-profit causes. Both groups may be guilty of volunteering to be misled-- by subscribing to a Leader who Leads them to a seemingly-easy & glamorous path-- attempting to shortcut around non-glam hard work.

I saw a few real *hu$tlers*, who will go far. One young girl follows SophIe on instagram... reached out to girlboss on her own initiative, volunteered to work in exchange for free admission-- and ended-up holding a phone during the day-- logged-in to the girlboss social media accounts--- "liking" the posts of fans who use the girlboss hashtag, and writing replies, as-if she was actually Sophie-herself. That kid will go far. I raise an eyebrow at Sophie keeping distance from the General Admission crowd. Being available to 500 people in an all-day affair is far from impossible.

Ultimately, I am not irritated by the event. The only victims are those who are truly being mis-led, with no complicity on their own part. I don't think the movement is a threat to my opposing political beliefs. The event is a poe-- indistinguishable from if 4chan had devised a parody rally. As long as these clowns run feminism, I can sleep easy.

Google isn't even trying to evade the James Damore blowback-- they were a major sponsor of the event, with an entrepaneur start-up room.

The closest I come to being actually butthurt (except it being literally hard to shit in a stall with 30 nutty women peeking thru the door cracks)...

...let me start over...

the closet I come to being actually butthurt, is that the only reason I worked this event was the higher-paying feminist event across-town --had a discriminatory no males allowed policy, including staff. My bitch worked that other-event & she was offered 2 jobs by prestigious clients. One noticed her being 'so strong', lifting things. She aint that strong. But when no men are around, the 125 lb woman is king. It's not the one day of work which hurts-- it's being excluded from climbing the subsequent rungs. Even this complaint is merely hypothetical. My bitch getting the jobs trickles-down to me getting work, also. But that don't don't make it right.
But in the end, as male tears slid down your nose, did you realise that you loved Big Sista?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Introducing more birth control in growing countries might help, but if the societies in those countries don't change it might not be enough.
It almost certainly wouldn't because the impetus behind large families in third world nations is that you need healthy kids to help support the rest of the family especially if you're ever lucky enough to grow old and there's a good chance the kids you have won't make it to adulthood so you have to hedge your bets.

The ingredients for lowering birthrates are low child/infant mortality rates and a social safety net so old/sick people aren't dependent on their children alone. Birth control can't enter the picture until those two things are taken care of.
Tie foreign aid to births. Directly give each women $nnn each year she hasn't had a baby.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sunder wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Introducing more birth control in growing countries might help, but if the societies in those countries don't change it might not be enough.
It almost certainly wouldn't because the impetus behind large families in third world nations is that you need healthy kids to help support the rest of the family especially if you're ever lucky enough to grow old and there's a good chance the kids you have won't make it to adulthood so you have to hedge your bets.

The ingredients for lowering birthrates are low child/infant mortality rates and a social safety net so old/sick people aren't dependent on their children alone. Birth control can't enter the picture until those two things are taken care of.
Tie foreign aid to births. Directly give each women $nnn each year she hasn't had a baby.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HoneyWagon wrote: Not even a 3/4 view of the face!
Are you gonna take me home tonight?
Oh down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HoneyWagon wrote: Not even a 3/4 view of the face!
Are you gonna take me home tonight?
Oh down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

This issue, which has always been infested with dubious assumptions, has pretty much burned itself out, with most current global population forecasts topping out at under 10 billion before equilibrating at a lower number.
The worlds oceans are declining in productivity and are overfished, fish farms are not the solution and are actually contributing to the problem. In order to bring the billions of people out of poverty and to secure enough standard of living that they don't feel the need to have large families the amount of energy consumption will increase massively, hence increasing AGW. The availability of arable land and fresh water resources is already at crisis proportions in areas where poverty is a problem.
Add another 2 or 3 billion people, mainly to regions already at or past carrying capacity? They will reach equilibrium, but likely through warfare or starvation even if climate change doesn't decrease the ability of the planet to sustain billions of people.
I told my broker to buy Soylent stock.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I told my broker to buy Soylent stock.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Sunder wrote: It almost certainly wouldn't because the impetus behind large families in third world nations is that you need healthy kids to help support the rest of the family especially if you're ever lucky enough to grow old and there's a good chance the kids you have won't make it to adulthood so you have to hedge your bets.

It sounds rather like the dirty secret of pension plans in the developed nations, where one's contributions don't begin to provide an adequate pension for you when you retire; your pension is actually funded from the current contributions of present day workers. And present day workers? They will need even more workers to provide their pensions and so on and so on. A kind of pyramid pension scheme that is bound to crash. This applies to all government workers and most private sector workers who have a pension scheme. Me? I had no pension scheme, and when my savings run out I shall have to do the decent thing.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Tie foreign aid to births. Directly give each women $nnn each year she hasn't had a baby.
Ears prick up...I'm in a foreign country, and have never delivered a baby (well, not from my body. Just a few hundred from other people's bodies). Might I now claim $nnn x 59 if I identify as a woman who has been oppressed into a male role by nasty, evil genetics all these years? Asking for a friend, don't you know.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sunder wrote:

I understood we had the technology to use commercial airliners to distribute the requisite chemicals that'd put a stop to the bunnies?

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Shatterface wrote:A question for anyone who thinks global warming is a net good: if it wasn't happening would you support making it happen? If raising the temperature and CO2 would increase farming productivity do you think it would be worth subsidising?
Bring it on I say. Fuck the planet, only when humans face extinction will the present insanity stop and we have to give up our childish bullshit and work together for a solution.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:A question for anyone who thinks global warming is a net good: if it wasn't happening would you support making it happen? If raising the temperature and CO2 would increase farming productivity do you think it would be worth subsidising?
Bring it on I say. Fuck the planet, only when humans face extinction will the present insanity stop and we have to give up our childish bullshit and work together for a solution.
By then it might be too late to come up with a solution, though.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ is upset that the latest DC movie has salacious Amazonians.

Says Mr Kill-Joy:
Wonder Woman’s Amazons wore practical, reasonable armor that were less about fan-service and more about warriors not wanting their guts stirred with a sharp piece of metal
Sure big boy. Just keep your hands out of your pockets.

http://i.imgur.com/E4wa8UJ.jpg

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Hunt wrote:When you think about it, workplace parity and parity in executive, management positions is really a non-solution, or should be, according to modern values. Sexual harassment is a one-on-one phenomenon through a power differential, so how could (or should) female bosses diminish it? As usual, if you scratch the surface of the feminist solution, pure sexism is underneath. This is the Victorian ideal that casts women as the civilizing influence over the bestial men. Truth be told, the feminist experts believe that a purely female workforce would be a workforce without sexual harassment at all, and diluting male workers with enough palliative women will hit some kind of tipping point. It may be 50/50, or they may need to go further, 90/10.
Not going to happen, as soon as a company stops hiring on merit then it will be overtaken by one that does. There is only so many token hires you can make before your competition overtakes you.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
By then it might be too late to come up with a solution, though.
Then let evolution take its course.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

This article covers two kids, born girls, who felt various amounts of gender dysphoria, both of whom were very tomboyish and identified first as lesbians, one of whom Alex transitioned, the other, Jessie who did not. Alex is portrayed as a bit, or more than a bit, lost, a person who has not had bottom surgery because it's not very good, and Jessie is portrayed as a healthy adult who grew out of her trans stage and is very glad she was not taken to the clinics.

This article has ruffled some feathers.
Link to copy and pasted paywalled article here:
(FWIW, my skim of later tweets shows Jesse Virtue Singal apparently not liking the article for its inflammatory headline and for not having much actual content. Reading between the lines, perhaps he agrees with the article then.)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Ape+Lust does it AGAIN!

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Ape is a national, no! GLOBAL treasure!

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

jet_lagg wrote:
screwtape wrote:Jordan Peterson must be doing something right. He's got the U of T faculty association terrified he might start a website identifying postmodern courses and academics:
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/n ... e36924134/
The comments are pretty much universally on Peterson's side.

And a TA showing the TVO debate on enforced pronoun usage to a class has been hauled over the coals:
http://nationalpost.com/opinion/christi ... rson-video
Academia is long overdue for its own version of Gamergate. Journalists started howling like I'd never seen when deepfreezeit went up, cataloging their sins. I know it looks like fighting dirty to some people, call out culture, but what else to do? Compile a list so students interested in a career over post modernist indoctrination can know what professors and universities to avoid. Hit these people in their wallets.
But..but how are we going to solve climate change without all those liberal arts/studies toilet paper degrees?

free thoughtpolice

free thoughtpolice

Was supposed to be this video:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Meet the headliner of next year's Skepticon.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

FYI, there's an Uber-Woke NYT article doing the rounds on Twitter: Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

(Yes, it's as bad as it sounds from the headline)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

FYI, there's an Uber-Woke NYT article doing the rounds on Twitter: Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Really? wrote:Meet the headliner of next year's Skepticon.

Now that's just taking the piss.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I thought I was infected bad -- Kirbmarc is triple posting!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I thought I was infected bad -- Kirbmarc is triple posting!

some guy

Post by some guy »

jugheadnaut wrote:One question was "Hi Bill. If the Sun is hot, why is space cold?", which 10th grade science students could easily answer. He obviously didn't know and tried to make a joke.
Bill Nye wrote:There is a fantastic amount of space in space. I mean it's not all that cold, is it? It's 3 Kelvins. Toasty.
Complete nonsense...and"Kelvins"?. He doesn't even know the basic terminology. I'll remember the next time I hear him talk about global warming that he doesn't even have the most preliminary understanding of the fundamentals of thermal physics.
What's wrong with saying "3 Kelvins"? That would be the correct way to state the approximate temperature of space (although "2.7 Kelvins" would be a bit more accurate).

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

some guy wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:One question was "Hi Bill. If the Sun is hot, why is space cold?", which 10th grade science students could easily answer. He obviously didn't know and tried to make a joke.
Bill Nye wrote:There is a fantastic amount of space in space. I mean it's not all that cold, is it? It's 3 Kelvins. Toasty.
Complete nonsense...and"Kelvins"?. He doesn't even know the basic terminology. I'll remember the next time I hear him talk about global warming that he doesn't even have the most preliminary understanding of the fundamentals of thermal physics.
What's wrong with saying "3 Kelvins"? That would be the correct way to state the approximate temperature of space (although "2.7 Kelvins" would be a bit more accurate).
Should be either 'Three degrees absolute', or 'Three Kelvin'.

some guy

Post by some guy »

screwtape wrote:
some guy wrote:

[.quote="Bill Nye"]There is a fantastic amount of space in space. I mean it's not all that cold, is it? It's 3 Kelvins. Toasty.[.quote]

Should be either 'Three degrees absolute', or 'Three Kelvin'.
I think you are 50 years behind the times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin#Usage_conventions
No more "degrees absolute", and Kelvin in its plural form when more than one.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

some guy wrote: I think you are 50 years behind the times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin#Usage_conventions
...and proud of it!

free thoughtpolice

A little late for Halloween but...

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Accessible.... is that a nice way of saying they weren't exactly standing in the aisles?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:FYI, there's an Uber-Woke NYT article doing the rounds on Twitter: Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

Wow what a load of hateful crap.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
some guy wrote: I think you are 50 years behind the times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin#Usage_conventions
...and proud of it!
I bet that you shout at Oort clouds, too.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote: What's wrong with saying "3 Kelvins"? That would be the correct way to state the approximate temperature of space (although "2.7 Kelvins" would be a bit more accurate).
It's 3 Lord Kelvins. Show some respect.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote: What's wrong with saying "3 Kelvins"? That would be the correct way to state the approximate temperature of space (although "2.7 Kelvins" would be a bit more accurate).
It's 3 Lord Kelvins. Show some respect.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Kiwifarms have noted the author of the article has mixed race babies

He's got a white wife

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

or maybe that's wrong. fuck kiwifarms

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Hey, Pitters....have you seen this wheeze?

:lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Any word on how many attended Skeptishit, this year? Looked like loads of empty space there, to me.

Nicest of The Damned

Post by Nicest of The Damned »

Well, judging from the title apparently she thinks antisemitism has uses that aren't abuses, which surprises me not at all.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

For when you think your day is about as bad as it gets ....

http://i.imgur.com/rJiLN2j.jpg

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Not a lot of likes/retweets so far

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

I don't even know what to say about this one...is the caption ...correct?

feathers

Post by feathers »

HoneyWagon wrote:I have to say, Skepticon needs help with their twitter.
This is not the first day of Skepticon, yet they still have not moved a giant plant or changed locations where they take pics of the speakers. Either would help out a lot
And get a better camera phone, geez.
[.tweet]https://twitter.com/RealSkepticon/statu ... 5785466880[/tweet]
[.tweet]https://twitter.com/RealSkepticon/statu ... 4840614912[/tweet]
[.tweet]https://twitter.com/RealSkepticon/statu ... 5762816002[/tweet]
[.tweet]https://twitter.com/RealSkepticon/statu ... 8016152578[/tweet]
[.tweet]https://twitter.com/RealSkepticon/statu ... 3116633088[/tweet]
Either it's World Floriade again, or some flower shop sponsored all their expenses.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

HoneyWagon wrote: I don't even know what to say about this one...is the caption ...correct?
Who or what is the LHS blog that eat the rest of the audience?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Looks like step one is to eat the attendees.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hahah Gotcha.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

yeah, my butt is hurting now :(

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

HoneyWagon wrote: I don't even know what to say about this one...is the caption ...correct?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4f/52/88/4f52 ... ry-art.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

Or was it the local burger & candy shop who sponsored them?

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

feathers wrote:
Or was it the local burger & candy shop who sponsored them?
I don't see Danielle anywhere. Maybe they ate HER ???

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

So these are the Great White Hopes for Atheist Activism (and it's diversity).

It looks more like the Catholic Women's League knitting circle.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Does everyone know a woman like the one on the left knitting?

I also notice that Muscato made sure to capture the cleavage on the left.

clownshoe

Post by clownshoe »

Brive1987 wrote:For when you think your day is about as bad as it gets ....

"A QUEENSLAND man has died after accidentally falling through a woodchipper on a property in Gympie, north of Brisbane."

"falling through a woodchipper"

"through" :o

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

clownshoe wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:For when you think your day is about as bad as it gets ....

"A QUEENSLAND man has died after accidentally falling through a woodchipper on a property in Gympie, north of Brisbane."

"falling through a woodchipper"

"through" :o
Police want to speak to a man described as 'kinda funny looking'.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

HoneyWagon wrote:https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/sta ... 0645374981

They're all wearing tags, which makes them staff. They don't need any stinking workshops about holding workshops. Once again, this thing was makework so Zvan could feel important.

And that officious twerp Galen Broaddus was having his workshop debut at the same time. That's a whole hour each of Zvan and Broaddus, and Skepticon streamed neither. I was really looking forward to it, so I'm pretty annoyed. I hope Hambone Productions provides a record of the event like they've done in past years.