In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The RationalWiki has a humorous take on A+.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Atheism_Plus
Apparently we have at least been doing our part in keeping the memory alive.
The initiative largely went nowhere, and even proponents don't really use the term anymore. The phrase remains current, deployed as a snarl word by Reddit anti-feminists, Gamergate, the Slymepit, fans of Thunderf00t and other assholes who are active in atheist circles.
Other insights:
In contrast to this straw-man vision of feminism, Atheism Plus is explicitly not sex-negative, although it is emphatically opposed to creepiness and sexual harassment. Thus, while those who bring such flak against it probably think they are arguing for Free Love or something of the kind, in the real world it works out to arguing for the legitimization of sexual harassment.

Although Atheism Plus began with a strong emphasis on the feminist part of its formal agenda, this was partially due to its roots in a response to sexual harassment and sexually violent language being tossed at women within the atheist community, and partially due to the actions of the misogynists themselves, who have kept the focus on gender issues. For example, there has been nowhere near this level of controversy over the anti-racist plank of the Atheism Plus platform (but no doubt there are some Bell Curvers out there waiting to inject some "race realism" into the matter).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Sunder wrote:
jet_lagg wrote:My favorite bit was when a mod insisted rape was worse than murder, and then banned someone for insisting that they'd much rather be raped than killed. Turns out that person had been raped before and was just happy to be alive. Oops. :lol:
It's not even funny to me how groups like A+ or CON present a false front of being open and welcoming toward "survivors" of abuse then turn around and abuse them further. That's fucking disgusting beyond words, and black-hearted hateful fucks like Zvan defending such groups makes them complicit.
It's funny and not. I share your revulsion for these people, but it's also such fertile soil for trolling (learning that Simpleflower was a cannibal and the person behind HugGate makes me certain she was a poe). The other day I had someone tell me my use of the word period was triggering to the menstrually ravaged and I needed to do better. I can laugh that stuff off, but when someone says to a SJW they can't say an experience left them breathless because it's offensive to asthmatics they have to actually apologize.
The Orbit isn't much different from the A+forum.
Lawrence Castairs wrote:From your author bio:

“Ania is a disabled, queer, wibbly-wobbly gendery-wendery, social justice activist who is pro-choice, pro-sex work, and manages to say all that in one breath.”
As a person with a speech impediment the fact that you seem to value being able to say a long, complex sentence in one breath as something of worth sounds pretty ableist to me. You’re rather clearly implying that not being able to say that sentence in one breath is a negative attribute to have.
Ania Onion Bula wrote:I can see how it can give off that impression, and I will change it.

I wasn’t so much valuing that ability so much as making an observation on my ADHD and tendency to start speaking very quickly when I get excited. I’m also asthmatic so saying it in one breath was again, about speed. However, I can see how it would cause unintentional damage, and so I will go back and edit. Mea Culpa.
Apologizing for breathing :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote:Matt Dillahunty tried to test out the A+ forum by using a nickname and offering polite criticism, to prove to the critics of A+ that the A+ forum wasn't banning people just for disagreements. He was banned...for a polite disagreement. :lol:

He logged in again, this time with his own name as a username, to explain why he tested the forum, why his test failed and what could have been to improve things. He was banned again, this time for "sockpuppeting".

The A+ forum was insane from the start, and it destroyed itself from within.
And afterwards, he continued to maintain that the A+ forum was welcoming, despite his experiences to the complete contrary. Bizarre. :lol:

Not for nothing did he acquire the nickname Doormatt Dillahunty.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

[quote='hjhornbeck"]Post-modernism should be embraced by skeptics on paper, but as it critiques some of the sacred cows of Skepticism they instead wind up strongly opposing it, sometimes with comic ineptitude.[/quote]

I'm almost morbidly curious enough to make an account and ask him to clarify what he means.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Every fucking time I don't use the preview button...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:nb - I don't think there is anything wrong with telling people to 'Fuck Off' - it's standard practice for the Slympepit welcoming committee after all! (Yes I know - ironically)

nb 2 - I hope someone archived the A+ forums - if only so that a copy of their rules & relations aren't memory-holed. Their ridiculousness should be kept alive as a example to others - not conveniently forgotten - so that it can be retconned by the likes of Zvan.
I archived a few, and seems others did so as well, although I don't have the spoons or the chops to do much spelunking in the archive:

The A+ Primer;
Glossary - bit of a hoot there on the definitions for racism and other "isms"; and my personal fave:
(TW victim blaming) Proposed "Anti-Rape" iPhone App ;-)

And the Archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://at ... om/forums/*

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Cheers, Steers.

Now you know that at least one person appreciates you!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

As I'm writing this the BBC are rolling out Emma Thompson to give us her enlightened view on the Harvey Wienstien saga.

This week we've had an almost conveyer belt of celebrities on all the TV networks giving us their take on this story, how horrid it is for 'wimminz' in the entertainment industry, how men are historically misogynistic molesters and or rapists ... blah blah blah.

Not once in the last couple of years have I seen any of these 'celebs' condemn the epidemic rape of young girls by gangs of Muslim men. ... not fucking once.

free thoughtpolice

So it was Steersman that A+ were talking about when they mentioned mysogynist asshole trolls riuning their forum.
This is undoubtedly one of the worst troll thread on A+. And that's saying a lot.

Utterly disgusting.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Context: Steersman proposes his completely fucking sincere idea for a rape prevention app.

https://i.imgur.com/ajqw0YW.png

See, this is why I can't stay angry for long when he commandeers the main thread for days at a time.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:So it was Steersman that A+ were talking about when they mentioned mysogynist asshole trolls riuning their forum.
This is undoubtedly one of the worst troll thread on A+. And that's saying a lot.

Utterly disgusting.
Steersman killed the A+ star :bjarte:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Wasn't there a forum that Twatson was suspended from for having a sockpuppet acct. and then when she got let back they mistakenly gave her 'Admin Rights' which instead of informing them of their error she set about deleting any posts she didn't like.
I remember reading about it but can't recall what forum it was.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

If memory servers - it was the JREF (James Randi Educational Foundation) forums that Becky lorded over for a bit and demonstrated her true character.

Obviously it would have saved a lot of time and drama if more people had been paying attention at the time.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

To my surprise, the Atheism Plus Sub Reddit is still limping* along:

https://www.reddit.com/r/atheismplus/co ... sm_primer/
Groupthink
This is a charge that continues to astound me. Atheism+ is entirely devoid of "official" positions outside its core value statements, which promote groupthink no more than your local football club's imposition of the "football is good" rule.
They don't have official positions, they have core values, which are completely different.

Very next paragraph:
Feminism
Feminism is the belief that men and women should be equal. If you believe this definition is fundamentally inaccurate, or if you think that feminists are out to ruin men's lives, you will not be happy here and should see yourself out.
Clearly not groupthink at all.

Here's the Atheism Plus glossary, which lists all the things you don't have to believe in:

http://web.archive.org/web/201605070821 ... f=7&t=2632

* Apologies for the ableism.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Your apology is lame.

You really shot yourself in the foot there.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Ninja'd by Steersman.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:It's been a while, and Zvan is sowing the seeds of her lies in fallow ground. Most people don't or won't remember the death of a thousand self-inflicted cuts, but prefer Zvan's lie. In a while, "trolls killed Atheism+" will be as enshrined as the wage gap and 1 in 5 rape. They will sneer contemptuously at any suggestion that it were ever otherwise.

The regressive left proves time and again that they can swallow a huge turd of a lie if it furthers their narrative. Their inability to see the truth and their own hypocrisy would be damned funny if it weren't so intrusive IRL.
Zvan's APlus account is the same story Peez has been telling for years. Thibeault, too.

APlussers loved working themselves into a giddy frenzy over grand projects, but even the simplest stuff stymied them. In addition to the APlus Scribe, there was to be an APlus Library. It got a running start from Greta (an early A+ enthusiast and short-time participant) when she dumped hundreds of docs on them. They only needed organizing and placement, but of course that never happened. Greta stopped by to inquire a couple times, but eventually quit when there was no progress.

One of the loopiest ideas they had was for... I don't remember the exact name, but it was something like APlus Emergency. The idea was that APlus would become the clearinghouse for every 911 call in the US. When you dial 911 it would be forwarded to APlus, where one of their psychos like Setar or Kassiane would extract information from you. The psycho would then triage your emergency against others in your area and if you were at the front of the line, call the necessary services for you.

A national emergency bottleneck for social justice slackers who need make-work to feel important. Not one of them ever expressed doubt it was necessary and viable. They enjoyed a wonderful couple of weeks hashing out the details, but of course it died when they got to the point they had to do something.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

MarcusAu wrote:If memory servers - it was the JREF (James Randi Educational Foundation) forums that Becky lorded over for a bit and demonstrated her true character.

Obviously it would have saved a lot of time and drama if more people had been paying attention at the time.
People were paying attention. I was trying to remember this the other day. Can anyone refresh my memory?

I seem to remember that by the time this scandal came out, she already had a reputation as a interloper, attention whore, kiss arse and a bully?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

shoutinghorse wrote:What makes me sigh the most about Brexit remoaners is how they will all tell you how much they value democracy and then with almost the next breath they will come out with excuse after excuse as to why we should ignore the result of a democratic referendum because it didn't go in their favour.

snip
My observation, as a disinterested outsider in a country that still has the British Queen as Head of State for some reason, is that the process of the vote was fucked.

It was a party political gamble by Cameron to appease a section of the Conservative party. It was not a careful, well thought out, decision based on any policy taken to the electorate. It was not binding.

IMHO, the referendum idea should have been taken to the electorate as party policy. The referendum should then have been compulsory, in so far as you are a fuck-knuckle if you don't take the time to get yourself informed and vote on something with far reaching and potentially unintended consequences. It should also have been binding.

We have a survey going on here at the moment, which was a similar sop to a rump of the governing Liberal-Conservative party. Internal party politics for fuck's sake, and it is costing $120 million. Is it about going to war? No. Is it about transforming the energy sector? No. It's about whether gay people can get married.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

An APlus low point: When they decided their 2nd anniversary deserved a celebratory bash and after 2 weeks of fundraising, amassed only $20.

Meanwhile, their Intellectual Artillery was still only worth $1 per post :D

https://imgur.com/il85CKq.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Simpleflower, the hug-stealing cannibal.

https://imgur.com/aJRjBFa.jpg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Wasn't the $20 a pity donation from someone here at the pit?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:What makes me sigh the most about Brexit remoaners is how they will all tell you how much they value democracy and then with almost the next breath they will come out with excuse after excuse as to why we should ignore the result of a democratic referendum because it didn't go in their favour.

snip
My observation, as a disinterested outsider in a country that still has the British Queen as Head of State for some reason, is that the process of the vote was fucked.

It was a party political gamble by Cameron to appease a section of the Conservative party. It was not a careful, well thought out, decision based on any policy taken to the electorate. It was not binding.

IMHO, the referendum idea should have been taken to the electorate as party policy. The referendum should then have been compulsory, in so far as you are a fuck-knuckle if you don't take the time to get yourself informed and vote on something with far reaching and potentially unintended consequences. It should also have been binding.

We have a survey going on here at the moment, which was a similar sop to a rump of the governing Liberal-Conservative party. Internal party politics for fuck's sake, and it is costing $120 million. Is it about going to war? No. Is it about transforming the energy sector? No. It's about whether gay people can get married.

My bad. Cameron did take it to the election.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Notung wrote:Let's face it, Brexit is going badly. The pound has tanked, the rest of the world (bar Trump's US) are laughing at us, negotiations are frankly an embarrassment. I'm not the one making it fail. It was just a terrible idea, and sooner or later its cheerleaders and "democratic" converts to Brexit are going to have to face up to it and take responsibility for the harm they've done to Britain.
Who's laughing? Greece and Italy who stuck around long enough to get arse raped by the EU? France and Germany who pushed European integration so far they now have Nazis in their governments?

I was against Brexit. I think referenda are a lousy way to make decisions. But we had a referendum, Brexit won, and the sky didn't fall in on us, it fell in on Europe. Merkel is a bigger loser than Theresa May. That's quite an accomplishment.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:The Orbit isn't much different from the A+forum.
As in, absolutely nobody reads them.

:lol:

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Ape+lust wrote:
One of the loopiest ideas they had was for... I don't remember the exact name, but it was something like APlus Emergency. The idea was that APlus would become the clearinghouse for every 911 call in the US. When you dial 911 it would be forwarded to APlus, where one of their psychos like Setar or Kassiane would extract information from you. The psycho would then triage your emergency against others in your area and if you were at the front of the line, call the necessary services for you.

A national emergency bottleneck for social justice slackers who need make-work to feel important. Not one of them ever expressed doubt it was necessary and viable. They enjoyed a wonderful couple of weeks hashing out the details, but of course it died when they got to the point they had to do something.
A-Plus Emergency what is the nature of your emergency and what are your pronouns?

What? I don't understand. My house is on fire!

Consider yourself privileged many people don't have homes. Can you tell me your gender and sexuality?

We don't have time for this bullshit! MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE! SEND A FUCKING FIRE TRUCK!

You are banned. :click

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Notung wrote:The point is that just because you lose a vote (that I didn't want, called by a PM I didn't vote for, that was designed in a way I don't agree with), it doesn't mean you can't still hope that your own political views get realised. That is fundamental to democracy, and the people saying we're no longer allowed to argue for our opinions are the ones who are being undemocratic.
You can argue all you like, I would even fight for your right to do so but what you don't do, what you should never be allowed to do is force your will on the majority who voted for the other argument.

Just because you didn't vote for someone or something doesn't give you the right to ignore the majority will. That isn't democracy.
If a party gets a majority on a manifesto that says "kill Brexit", then it would be perfectly democratic to kill Brexit. Democracy is not a matter of one-of plebiscites, as Brexiteers would like us to believe. People are allowed to change their minds. And remainers have the right to keep shouting from the rooftops that Brexit is the most retarded idea ever. Or does a stupid referendum suddenly trump freedom of speech too?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

T
Shatterface wrote:
Notung wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: So you think 51.9% of the British people would vote for communism or do you think Corbyn would lie to get elected and then try to enforce communism?
It was a hypothetical situation... nevermind.

But perhaps Corbyn could put "let's not scrap capitalism completely" on a big red bus, then when he gets in power just say that he was only making a suggestion.
Because it was the bus wot swung it.

Not decades of arrogance and entitlement on behalf of the ruling classes.

Maybe you can help Clinton out next time.
Brexit as protest against the ruling classes. That's another retarded idea. As if Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg are the real friends of the common man. Brexiteers are worse than turkeys voting for Christmas; they are chickens giving the fox the keys to the hen house.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jet_lagg wrote:Wasn't the $20 a pity donation from someone here at the pit?
I dunno, but it's not implausible. Pitters paid out for a number of baboon causes, like Greta's Fluevogs cancer treatment.
katamari Damassi wrote:A-Plus Emergency what is the nature of your emergency and what are your pronouns?

Consider yourself privileged many people don't have homes. Can you tell me your gender and sexuality?

We don't have time for this bullshit! MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE! SEND A FUCKING FIRE TRUCK!

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

I miss them so.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Jan Steen wrote: If a party gets a majority on a manifesto that says "kill Brexit", then it would be perfectly democratic to kill Brexit. Democracy is not a matter of one-of plebiscites, as Brexiteers would like us to believe. People are allowed to change their minds. And remainers have the right to keep shouting from the rooftops that Brexit is the most retarded idea ever. Or does a stupid referendum suddenly trump freedom of speech too?
It isn't a matter of freedom of speech, you are free to piss and whine all you want.... we just wish you would fuck off and do it somewhere else because we are tired of listening to your bullshit.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The orbit hasn't deteriorated completely. SZvan has put up a post abou the outrage that was Mythcon.
http://archive.is/ehQBK
She also puts the facts straight on the noble experiment that was Atheism+. :drool:
[quote>Atheism+ was two things. The first was a group of people who were tired of fighting over the direction that organized and online atheism were taking. They decided to divorce themselves from the rest of that and go do some good on their own, mostly in a forum and a subreddit. They weren’t allowed to do that. Anti-feminist trolls and other people who thought they got to dictate what was allowed in atheism followed them and made it impossible for them to organize properly, but that was the idea. It was the opposite of telling other people what to do, though it certainly seemed to provide a sting to consciences by merely existing.[/quote>
WTF?? That's not what happened at all. The A+ forum was so tightly moderated, no-one but the diehard true believers could get in. In fact, it was so tightly moderated, people couldn't do shit in the forum - it effectively moderated itself out of existence.

'It was the opposite of telling other people what to do' - what?? No. No no no. It wasn't the opposite - that's exactly what it was. Holy shit, I knew Zvan was a liar, but I figured she might have had the sense to keep at least some tenuous link to reality, if for no other reason than plausible deniability. Fuck me, that is some blatant dishonesty there.
It's been a while, and Zvan is sowing the seeds of her lies in fallow ground. Most people don't or won't remember the death of a thousand self-inflicted cuts, but prefer Zvan's lie. In a while, "trolls killed Atheism+" will be as enshrined as the wage gap and 1 in 5 rape. They will sneer contemptuously at any suggestion that it were ever otherwise.

The regressive left proves time and again that they can swallow a huge turd of a lie if it furthers their narrative. Their inability to see the truth and their own hypocrisy would be damned funny if it weren't so intrusive IRL.
Dr. Richard Carrier PhD singlehandedly killed Atheism Plus by giving it his full support.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: If a party gets a majority on a manifesto that says "kill Brexit", then it would be perfectly democratic to kill Brexit. Democracy is not a matter of one-of plebiscites, as Brexiteers would like us to believe. People are allowed to change their minds. And remainers have the right to keep shouting from the rooftops that Brexit is the most retarded idea ever. Or does a stupid referendum suddenly trump freedom of speech too?
It isn't a matter of freedom of speech, you are free to piss and whine all you want.... we just wish you would fuck off and do it somewhere else because we are tired of listening to your bullshit.
Is that a royal 'we'? Demented kipper. And I still think you are a fat sweaty guy. Who are you to tell me to fuck off? Retard.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Jan Steen wrote:Dr. Richard Carrier PhD singlehandedly killed Atheism Plus by giving it his full support.
And FtB :lol:

Mythicist MIlwaukee had better wise up, quick.

Really happy to see you again, Jan :D

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Ape+lust wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Dr. Richard Carrier PhD singlehandedly killed Atheism Plus by giving it his full support.
And FtB :lol:

Mythicist MIlwaukee had better wise up, quick.

Really happy to see you again, Jan :D
Cheers. Good to see that you are keeping the shooping going here. I have a lot of catching up to do.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Jan Steen wrote: Is that a royal 'we'? Demented kipper.
I think we can all agree that the last couple of pages have demonstrated that it is the remoaners who are demented.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jan Steen wrote: Dr. Richard Carrier PhD singlehandedly killed Atheism Plus by giving it his full support.
He gave it a steady stream of effusive, gushing praise. He went balls-to-the-wall to disseminate the word about it. He gave everything inside of him for the movement and broadcast it everywhere.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

VickyCaramel wrote:
If a party won an election on a "Kill Brexit" ticket then yes I would accept it however much it may hurt, why? Because it would be the democratic will of the majority but let's face it that ain't likely to happen any time soon and if it did I wouldn't actively try to stop it, I may argue my case but never would I try to underhandedly scupper the process and you know what else, I wouldn't whinge and whine and throw my toys out of the pram or sarcastically suggest they were less intelligent than me or that they were old gits or xenophobes or racists just because the vote didn't go the way I wanted. I wouldn't patronisingly suggest that they didn't understand the nuances or the debate or that they had been duped by a slogan on the side of a fucking bus.

And that my friend is the difference between me to you. I am a democrat and you are just a crybaby prat.

free thoughtpolice

Jan. Long time no see.
Can we hope for a demented kipper in the next of your fish series?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: Is that a royal 'we'? Demented kipper.
I think we can all agree that the last couple of pages have demonstrated that it is the remoaners who are demented.
In favour of Brexit: Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Steersman.

Against: Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, A.C. Grayling.

I rest my case.

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

KiwiInOz wrote: We have a survey going on here at the moment, which was a similar sop to a rump of the governing Liberal-Conservative party. Internal party politics for fuck's sake, and it is costing $120 million. Is it about going to war? No. Is it about transforming the energy sector? No. It's about whether gay people can get married.
Of course, it's only a survey because the idiot government couldn't muster sufficient support to get a plebiscite through parliament (Plebiscites here require Parliamentary approval, and may use compulsory voting) - insufficient support = no plebiscite = non-compulsory. And, of course, the outcome of the 'survey' is only a guide for parliament, so muppets like Abbot and Co. can ignore the result when a bill to change the law to permit same-sex marriage.

But, of course, you knew that.

Personally, I think that any Member (and I use the word in all its senses :) ) of the House of Reps who supported using this costly 'survey' should resign :fpig:. Consider: they are elected to represent their constituents. If they need this survey to tell them what their constituents think, then they aren't capable of representing them, and so are not competent to continue in their position - plus they've wasted $120 million...

:bjarte:

Pseudomonas

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Jan Steen wrote: I rest my case.
Promise?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

A-Plus Emergency what is the nature of your emergency and what are your pronouns?

Definitely worth of another Best. Post. Evah!!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

shoutinghorse wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:
If a party won an election on a "Kill Brexit" ticket then yes I would accept it however much it may hurt, why? Because it would be the democratic will of the majority but let's face it that ain't likely to happen any time soon and if it did I wouldn't actively try to stop it, I may argue my case but never would I try to underhandedly scupper the process and you know what else, I wouldn't whinge and whine and throw my toys out of the pram or sarcastically suggest they were less intelligent than me or that they were old gits or xenophobes or racists just because the vote didn't go the way I wanted. I wouldn't patronisingly suggest that they didn't understand the nuances or the debate or that they had been duped by a slogan on the side of a fucking bus.

And that my friend is the difference between me to you. I am a democrat and you are just a crybaby prat.
But is perfectly clear that xenophobia was a major factor (not the only one). And many leave voters just wanted to stick it to the government, without giving much if any thought to the consequences of leaving the EU.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Just
free thoughtpolice wrote:Jan. Long time no see.
Can we hope for a demented kipper in the next of your fish series?
Just look at Vicky's avatar. :)

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Jan Steen wrote: In favour of Brexit: Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Steersman.

I rest my case.
Have you tried painting this robust remainer argument on the side of a bus? I hear that can make all the difference.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: In favour of Brexit: Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Steersman.

I rest my case.
Have you tried painting this robust remainer argument on the side of a bus? I hear that can make all the difference.
Remainers don't rely on messages painted on busses.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

jet_lagg wrote:Context: Steersman proposes his completely fucking sincere idea for a rape prevention app.

https://i.imgur.com/ajqw0YW.png
Yea, but that's what they said about computers too:
Foolish Tech Prediction 1

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943
;-)

But you might also have noticed a few other comments there that provided some support for the idea. And the ubiquity of all sorts of monitoring devices including "cop-cams". That some robbers will learn to pick locks is hardly justification for not installing them or using them - they may not prevent all robberies but it is hard not to conclude they minimize them; targets of opportunity and all that.

And many of the technical objections were kind of clueless about the encryption technology suggested - and documented.
jet_lagg wrote:See, this is why I can't stay angry for long when he commandeers the main thread for days at a time.
:-)
https://www.mariinsky.ru/images/cms/dat ... land/3.jpg ;-)

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

"In favour of Brexit: Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Steersman"

I hear those three are also into Golden Showers ™ :cdc:

free thoughtpolice

This is odd, from Caine's never ending thread:
Ogvorbis: Swimming without a parachute. says
October 12, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Fuck. I sneezed and my leg went numb. Time to head out and I don’t know if I can walk. I WANT MY LIFE (sad as it is) BACK!

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote:This is odd, from Caine's never ending thread:
Fuck. I sneezed and my leg went numb. Time to head out and I don’t know if I can walk. I WANT MY LIFE (sad as it is) BACK!
For some reason I feel he should have started that with "The boy stood on the burning deck"

free thoughtpolice

VickyCaramel wrote:
For some reason I feel he should have started that with "The boy stood on the burning deck"
As we all know Oggie doesn't want dial up the drama. Or if he is actually having a stroke, he needs to make a phone call and not an emo outreach on the net.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Oggie is allegedly a disabled vet. His knees are his disability.

He also loves throwing pity parties for himself, then demurring when he gets what he wants - Oh no, no, I'm nobody, there are plenty of others more deserving of your concern. He's a freaking saint. Who rapes.

free thoughtpolice

Ape+lust wrote:
Oggie is allegedly a disabled vet. His knees are his disability.

He also loves throwing pity parties for himself, then demurring when he gets what he wants - Oh no, no, I'm nobody, there are plenty of others more deserving of your concern. He's a freaking saint. Who rapes.
As I understand it has lately received a massive injury when he was training for some type of lifesaving stuff and has been recovering.
Odd that a vet with bad knees would be doing rappelling exercises for his ranger duties. But who knows? :liar:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

This is how I see Jan and Vicky at the moment (but with more jelly).

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/99/d3/80/99d3 ... -power.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Pseudomonas wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: We have a survey going on here at the moment, which was a similar sop to a rump of the governing Liberal-Conservative party. Internal party politics for fuck's sake, and it is costing $120 million. Is it about going to war? No. Is it about transforming the energy sector? No. It's about whether gay people can get married.
Of course, it's only a survey because the idiot government couldn't muster sufficient support to get a plebiscite through parliament (Plebiscites here require Parliamentary approval, and may use compulsory voting) - insufficient support = no plebiscite = non-compulsory. And, of course, the outcome of the 'survey' is only a guide for parliament, so muppets like Abbot and Co. can ignore the result when a bill to change the law to permit same-sex marriage.

But, of course, you knew that.

Personally, I think that any Member (and I use the word in all its senses :) ) of the House of Reps who supported using this costly 'survey' should resign :fpig:. Consider: they are elected to represent their constituents. If they need this survey to tell them what their constituents think, then they aren't capable of representing them, and so are not competent to continue in their position - plus they've wasted $120 million...

:bjarte:

Pseudomonas
Let's hope the Country Members.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

KiwiInOz wrote:This is how I see Jan and Vicky at the moment (but with more jelly).

Am I the sweaty fat bloke?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

VickyCaramel wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:This is how I see Jan and Vicky at the moment (but with more jelly).

[.img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/99/d3/80/99d3 ... -power.jpg[/img]
Whole new meaning to remoaners?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote:As I understand it has lately received a massive injury when he was training for some type of lifesaving stuff and has been recovering.
Odd that a vet with bad knees would be doing rappelling exercises for his ranger duties. But who knows? :liar:
Oh, really? He's made it clear I don't know how many times - he doesn't do anything that would endanger himself or his bum knees. It's the poor seasonal gov't hires that get sent to the fire line. He's just "overhead."

He is truly awful at bullshitting. But, they'll never notice :lol:

https://imgur.com/mYxYJHx.png

free thoughtpolice

Oct 4
October 4, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Yesterday and today we had 4th grade classes visit the park for the same programme that I was preparing for when I had my accident. Luckily, I am only doing the part in the park, I am not going to the river (we have a new ranger doing that part of it). We have also moved the river part of the programme to a place with no traffic (we had a student get run over by an out-of-control bicyclist the first year we presented the programme) and a gently sloping shingle beach into the inside of a bend of the river.
Yesterday, I surfed on the edge of a panic attack the entire time I was working with the students in the park. Today, I did a little better. Surfed on the edge before the programme, lost myself in the programme, and then panicked afterwards.
I am tired of being broken but the only way to end it is to die.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

VickyCaramel wrote:

Which one identifies as the sweaty fat bloke: these beauties both identify as pre-teen Manga idols:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/ ... 934215.jpg