In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Really?

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Really? »

I was holding on pretty strong after the Hangover character and Sarky, but Shives' husband did it.

https://faintingcouchto5k.files.wordpre ... y-side.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Kirbmarc wrote:Linda Sarsour, a fan of the freaking Nation of Islam:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFHrWDCUAAAiE8v.jpg:large

Even the SPLC thinks that the Nation of Islam is a hate group, but Linda is a totally righteous civil rights activist, and anyone who criticizes her is a bigot. While Maajid Nawaz is an anti-muslim extremist.

The Regressive Left is betraying all the principles of the left in order to appease to muslim leaders, because poor little muslims are "oppressed".
Nation of Islam is also anti-vax. I can count on them to be at any CDC protest.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ERV wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Linda Sarsour, a fan of the freaking Nation of Islam:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFHrWDCUAAAiE8v.jpg:large

Even the SPLC thinks that the Nation of Islam is a hate group, but Linda is a totally righteous civil rights activist, and anyone who criticizes her is a bigot. While Maajid Nawaz is an anti-muslim extremist.

The Regressive Left is betraying all the principles of the left in order to appease to muslim leaders, because poor little muslims are "oppressed".
Nation of Islam is also anti-vax. I can count on them to be at any CDC protest.
Of course. Vaccines are an invention of white devils to poision the superior black people.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:So no consequences for Berlusconi - even after his interview with Paxman?

]

To be fair calling Angela Merkel an unfuckable lard arse might be a tads rude but no one could ever accuse him of peddling fake news
Best. Post. Evah!

Ta Muchly .. I love you all :dance:

John D

Post by John D »

ERV wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Is anyone from the Pit making a trip to see the eclipse in the USA? My husband and I actually had a fight about it. I really wanted to go, and he just shrugged it off and said he didn't want to take time from work for it. I was really surprised that it doesn't interest him much, nor does he regard it as a once in a lifetime event. I can go by myself, but now I'm hesitant, because I fear: I waited too long so I can't book a hotel, will have to rent a car-though I have family in Oregon I could stay with, flying in and out of Alaska is a big pain in the ass, wherever I go will be cloudy that day(my biggest fear).
I was privileged to see a partial eclipse in Africa 20 years ago, which I stupidly watched through 2 pair of sunglasses, and that's probably responsible for a freckle on one of my retinas.
Yup-- headed to my parents. Its literally going right over our house. I told them to rent out rooms on AirBnB for some random cash, but they're old and didn't wanna *shrug*
Just booked a business trip to work with my quality lab staff in Greenville South Carolina.... and we will take a break to watch the eclipse. So... the question is.... who is smart enough to get work to fund your trip to see the eclipse?.... haha!

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

GELD
really not my place to comment, but shatterface deserved a bpe and it's probably your ft being an anti-dentite that he was not given one.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Kirbmarc wrote:
This is old news. Thunderfoot already made a video replying to Snarky Sarky's pile of idiocy. Anyway, even leaving aside a whole load of politics, sociology, psychology and history Anita doesn't understand, or better yet leaves aside, she has an incredibly stupid approach to pop culture, too. She presents a simplistic, almost downright grotesque deformation of the media she "analyzes".

Case in point: Raiders of the Lost Ark. She presents a single scene with a a brown-skinned mook when the vast majority of the movie is spent with the freaking Nazis as the bad guys. Never mind that Indiana Jones has Arab allies, one of which (Sallah) is a semi-prominent character. Nope, one mook unceremoniously shot down in a single scene (albeit a famous one) means Islamophobia.

She's an uneducated hack looking for attention who doesn't know what she's talking about. Her "analysis" is about as accurate as Jack Thompson's anti-video game rants.
I think she knows perfectly well what she's doing is dishonest. It's easy to come up with some superficial analysis that creates a problem people will then throw money at you to solve. She goes with that because doesn't have the work ethic or the brains to do any real criticism.

The video where she discusses Hitman is the most obvious example. She makes a big show of dragging the bodies of dead hookers around the screen and saying the game rewards this behavior. Anyone who played it knows that you're penalized for hurting civilians, so the statement is just factually false. Worse than that though is thinking the decisions you make in a game somehow reflect the designer's intent and not yours. If I hand you a giant sandbox game and you decide you'd like to spend your time raping and murdering, you have to be a special kind of stupid to conclude this means I'm the one who needs to examine his morality.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Isn't it about time all those Doctors, Scientists and Engineers started to go home?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote:Isn't it about time all those Doctors, Scientists and Engineers started to go home?
Doctors, scientists, engineers...and poets, according to Sandi Toksvig.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Jerry's got a post up about a Jon Haidt article on free speech.

One of his commenters decides to get clever and claim that there's technically (by his definition) no such thing as incitement to violence.

I get a bit exasperated with this as there's no need to play word games when there are already good solid arguments with a long-lived pedigree to fall back on. It's practically deciding to play ball on the SJWs turf.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Tigzy wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:Isn't it about time all those Doctors, Scientists and Engineers started to go home?
Doctors, scientists, engineers...and poets, according to Sandi Toksvig.
Maybe one day Western Europe can look forward to a jihad free summer?

katamari Damassi

TJ Kirk on Kid Rock:
[youtube][/youtube]

I found this very entertaining.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Fegg wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:"More Keynes and Mill, less Marx" would be a good plan for most leftist parties anyways.
One big problem is that political ideologies unite (at least) three things which should not be united together.

1) A set of goals
2) A grand theory
3) A set of methods claimed to hold the solution to achieving the goals.

The problem is that we have no reason to believe that anyone has a good and workable grand theory.
Methods need to be modest experiments where we measure results and freely change our minds when
we discover what seems to work and what doesn't.

Sorry for the rude introduction to the pit.

Sure your name isn't Cuffy?:

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Anyone who wants to camp out at the ranch for the eclipse you are welcome, we'll have about 82% eclipsification. But I might try to meet up with a friend in Idaho to see it. So feed one flake each twice a day and check the troughs.

katamari Damassi

ERV wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Is anyone from the Pit making a trip to see the eclipse in the USA? My husband and I actually had a fight about it. I really wanted to go, and he just shrugged it off and said he didn't want to take time from work for it. I was really surprised that it doesn't interest him much, nor does he regard it as a once in a lifetime event. I can go by myself, but now I'm hesitant, because I fear: I waited too long so I can't book a hotel, will have to rent a car-though I have family in Oregon I could stay with, flying in and out of Alaska is a big pain in the ass, wherever I go will be cloudy that day(my biggest fear).
I was privileged to see a partial eclipse in Africa 20 years ago, which I stupidly watched through 2 pair of sunglasses, and that's probably responsible for a freckle on one of my retinas.
Yup-- headed to my parents. Its literally going right over our house. I told them to rent out rooms on AirBnB for some random cash, but they're old and didn't wanna *shrug*
I'm envious. My next hope is an eclipse cruise. Hubby loves cruise ships. There's a total in Argentina in 2020 and in Antarctica in 2021.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Just watched Laci Green's two-part How Many Genders? video. She's very even-handed and I'm at a loss to what incensed the trans*activists, except perhaps her assertion that sex is biological and real, and there are but two. Oh and that transwomen having 'lady brains' is pseudo-science.

Also, I am no longer afraid of her mouth. She's got a good style & sharp presentation, a little goofy which is appealing to young people. If she spoke Danish, it would be perfect.

katamari Damassi

I have another movie recommendation. If you thought the movie Prometheus would've been improved by making the scientists even more stupid, then you're going to love Life.

katamari Damassi

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Just watched Laci Green's two-part How Many Genders? video. She's very even-handed and I'm at a loss to what incensed the trans*activists, except perhaps her assertion that sex is biological and real, and there are but two. Oh and that transwomen having 'lady brains' is pseudo-science.

Also, I am no longer afraid of her mouth. She's got a good style & sharp presentation, a little goofy which is appealing to young people. If she spoke Danish, it would be perfect.
It takes next to nothing to raise the ire of the trans activists. I've stated on gay blogs that I think trans people should be treated as their chosen sex, and that their transition surgeries, hormones, etc. should be covered by insurance, but I don't believe that transgenderism in males is rooted in biology, and they still call me a right-wing christian fundie nazi.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Just watched Laci Green's two-part How Many Genders? video. She's very even-handed and I'm at a loss to what incensed the trans*activists, except perhaps her assertion that sex is biological and real, and there are but two. Oh and that transwomen having 'lady brains' is pseudo-science.

I can't stand the pie-faced cunt; her voice is like nails on a blackboard and I'd sooner toss the salad of a dead hobo than endure her saccharine cut & paste shite. Not only that, she 'aint fooling this callsign with her "ooh, I'm red pilled now, lol" bullshit. She's a fucking feminazi prick and I hope she gets raped by clowns.

Fuck her.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Really? wrote: ...

This is the intellectual artillery taking over the world.
It's Carrier that is the intellectual artillery - although technically Zinnia is still equipped for the role*.

*no pictures please
From that last photo, Zinnia looks to be a smooth-bored muzzle loader.
In the Venn Diagram of intellectual artillery, the only firearm falling in the overlap between "smooth-bored muzzle loader" and "Zinna's girlcock" is "spud gun".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:

I can't stand the pie-faced cunt; her voice is like nails on a blackboard and I'd sooner toss the salad of a dead hobo than endure her saccharine cut & paste shite. Not only that, she 'aint fooling this callsign with her "ooh, I'm red pilled now, lol" bullshit. She's a fucking feminazi prick and I hope she gets raped by clowns.

Fuck her.
You'll come around once she starts mumbling in Danish.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:You'll come around once she starts mumbling in Danish.
Is that code for giving me a ball-hum?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Damn, nature...you scary!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I am just going to drop this off here. Staggering amount of cultural appropriation. The criminals in this case come from the Yakut whose language apparently is placed in the Turkic languages

Anyway,

Watch the video. High production values.

[youtube][/youtube]

You know something? I suspect the ignorant cultural appropriation imbeciles will never, ever, someday feel embarrassed by their antics.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Last time we had an eclipse in the UK I couldn't see a damn thing because the moon was in the way.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Rumor has it that Merkel can get laid if she wants. One guy allegedly is very interested.

http://resize3-parismatch.ladmedia.fr/r ... a-cote.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

This is really good. Scott Adams and Sam Harris on Trump....

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/triggered

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It sounds like Sen. John McCain has brain cancer. That might explain that doddery behavior he had at the hearing several weeks ago.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Why It's a Bad Idea to Tell Students Words Are Violence

A claim increasingly heard on campus will make them more anxious and more willing to justify physical harm.

Of all the ideas percolating on college campuses these days, the most dangerous one might be that speech is sometimes violence. We’re not talking about verbal threats of violence, which are used to coerce and intimidate, and which are illegal and not protected by the First Amendment. We’re talking about speech that is deemed by members of an identity group to be critical of the group, or speech that is otherwise upsetting to members of the group. This is the kind of speech that many students today refer to as a form of violence. If Milo Yiannopoulos speaks on the University of California, Berkeley, campus, is that an act of violence?
https://www.theatlantic.com/education/a ... ce/533970/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Clementine Ford, she who was shocked at the online hate directed at her, has a piece up on the Doctor Who "man babies".

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-an ... xe8mi.html

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyone who wants to camp out at the ranch for the eclipse you are welcome, we'll have about 82% eclipsification. But I might try to meet up with a friend in Idaho to see it. So feed one flake each twice a day and check the troughs.
Could we go to Denny's instead?

katamari Damassi

Congressman on the Science, Space, and Technology Sub-Committee seriously asked about ancient Martian civilizations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... /#comments

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote:Clementine Ford, she who was shocked at the online hate directed at her, has a piece up on the Doctor Who "man babies".

Shitlords against the new Time Lord?

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:It sounds like Sen. John McCain has brain cancer. That might explain that doddery behavior he had at the hearing several weeks ago.
Will he have chemeowtherapy?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Nice try.

Really?

Post by Really? »

[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Dillacunty... WTF?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:Matt Dillacunty... WTF?
How "curious".

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Anyone who wants to camp out at the ranch for the eclipse you are welcome, we'll have about 82% eclipsification. But I might try to meet up with a friend in Idaho to see it. So feed one flake each twice a day and check the troughs.
Well they do serve Moons Over My Hammie™

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Brive1987 wrote:Clementine Ford, she who was shocked at the online hate directed at her, has a piece up on the Doctor Who "man babies".

So we've reached phase 3 already (I can't link the original tweet predictions as the account was banned).

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Bhurzum wrote:I can't stand the pie-faced cunt; her voice is like nails on a blackboard and I'd sooner toss the salad of a dead hobo than endure her saccharine cut & paste shite. Not only that, she 'aint fooling this callsign with her "ooh, I'm red pilled now, lol" bullshit. She's a fucking feminazi prick and I hope she gets raped by clowns.
Fuck her.
There are plenty of people I don't enjoy watching on youtube or TV. Both people I generally agree with, and disagree with. No need to get angry about it.

That said, I haven't noticed the Laci has been involved in the tar & pitchfork crowd. My main beef with the SJW crowd isn't so much their nutty ideas, as their life ruination tactics. To my knowledge Laci only filed one false DMCA claim against someone who criticized her. I believe she may have learned her lesson after that so I don't recall any repeat instances.
-Soylent

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Yes, it's not as if her last name is Campbell.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Well they do serve Moons Over My Hammie™
Don't you mean Meowoons over Hammie?

And in a preemptive strike:
Lsuoma wrote:Nice try.
No, no you fascist tit, it was not a nice try. It was just my third glass of crappy wine.

And duffy says fuck you:[youtube][/youtube]

OK, now my fifth glass of crappy wine.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

katamari Damassi wrote:Congressman on the Science, Space, and Technology Sub-Committee seriously asked about ancient Martian civilizations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spe ... /#comments
I for one believe that there has been a conspiracy to cover up the great contributions the Barsoomian culture has made to our society.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Huhh!? WTF?!!!! Matt is a m->f transgender? News to me.

This whole time I thought he was a vagina.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote:The British state funded (you go to court if you don't pay) broadcaster BBC was forced (under duress) to release the salaries of their high earning employees/stars today and it has made for some interesting reading, for example, a Mr. Gary Lineker, a former footballer who now presents an hour long football highlights show on Saturday evenings gets paid £1.75m per year. This is yet another 'celeb' who continually virtue signals the great unwashed to accept more migrants. As you can imagine it hasn't gone down too well.

https://order-order.com/2017/07/19/bbc- ... -revealed/

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23garylineker&src=tyah
Although some think this is an interesting story - others obviously feel differently:

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

There is some evidence for it - but I'm not going to be the one that does an in depth investigation.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DFA12xbgM08/T ... 9707_o.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

MarcusAu wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:

There is some evidence for it - but I'm not going to be the one that does an in depth investigation.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DFA12xbgM08/T ... 9707_o.jpg
Hideously mind-scarring, but still more convincing than Moscato. How low does the bar have to go?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
feathers wrote:Suicide by customer. I'll add that to my list of frolicsome ways to leave.
I can't even hang a katana on the wall behind my desk. It's health and safety gone mad.
Ah, you work with former ISIS members.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I'll just leave this here so that some of our islamophobes like Kirbmarc might get cured of their racism.
[youtube][/youtube]
I'm afraid an 'A' got lost while lettering the show's title.

Guest_936d3dec

Post by Guest_936d3dec »

Justice is swift.... This arrest comes from Felarca's assaults in June 2016.

She was videotaped assaulting someone, how did it take so long to arrest her?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

John D wrote:This is really good. Scott Adams and Sam Harris on Trump....

Scott Adams is very informative on how Trump intercepted the wishes of a sizable part of the electorate, by promising hyperbolic projects to galvanize support and then abandon them/re-calibrate them when he was elected. He's explaining the Trump con/"persuasion".

Harris largely meanders around and doesn't seem to understand the idea that for some people what matters is what Trump promised, not how unethical he is, and that they can rationalize everything away as long as they get some of what they want.

katamari Damassi

Kirbmarc wrote:
John D wrote:This is really good. Scott Adams and Sam Harris on Trump....

Scott Adams is very informative on how Trump intercepted the wishes of a sizable part of the electorate, by promising hyperbolic projects to galvanize support and then abandon them/re-calibrate them when he was elected. He's explaining the Trump con/"persuasion".

Harris largely meanders around and doesn't seem to understand the idea that for some people what matters is what Trump promised, not how unethical he is, and that they can rationalize everything away as long as they get some of what they want.
I saw a meme that said: "Trump should just tell his followers that he built the wall. They'll believe him, and we'll save billions of dollars."

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote:I saw a meme that said: "Trump should just tell his followers that he built the wall. They'll believe him, and we'll save billions of dollars."
I think that's actually what he'll do, at least to an extent. He will build parts of the "wall" (actually a border fence), which is what any other president would have done (Obama himself was planning on reinforcing border fences), then claim that he built the wall that other people couldn't, and leave it at that. Maybe he'll also build a couple of small solar farms here and there to give the impression that "the wall is solar powered".

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Shatterface wrote:Last time we had an eclipse in the UK I couldn't see a damn thing because the moon was in the way.
I remember one back in the late 90's? .. I had just finished a 12hr night shift and couldn't stay awake long enough, awoke about 3pm gutted that I'd missed it only to then discover that so had everyone else due to the heavy cloud cover that had enveloped most of the country.

:)

feathers

Post by feathers »

Du er lidt mærkeligt, Matt. Kun en smule.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

One of the problems with Harris is that he's way too idealistic. I almost laughed when he genuinely said that when the US interferes in other countries' politics it's because the US are the Good Guys fighting for the Good Things.

Really, Sam? You're a smart guy, how can you be this naive? Have you ever read about the Kirkpatrick Doctrine? What about the "alliance" with Saudi Arabia? I don't want to go full Chomsky (because Chomsky is also naively too trusting of socialist regimes, and see the US are the biggest evil on the planet, which is retarded) but I think far too many Americans believe US propaganda about the US being the Good Guys.

Newsflash: there are no Good Guys. International politics is a game of national interests, not a charity enterprise. Big powers (the US, Russia, China, the GCC, to a lesser extent Germany through the EU, Iran on a minor scale) are empires, with imperial interests and goals.

The US are often (but not always) the lesser evil because they prefer the Alexandrine-Roman model of the empire, fostering commerce and peace between their allies with relatively less interest in what they think and how they live their lives, and fostering union through cultural admiration and fashion trends (spreading the American Dream), while the Russian or the Chinese or (to a very large extent) the muslim countries prefer the Oriental model of the empires, fostering obedience to a single idea/concept/unifying principles and building union through a vision of brotherhood of people who all share the same holy goal, the greatness of the union.

We've seen it in the Cold War, when the US live and let live as long as you weren't interfering with their national interests, and didn't care much about US allies believed, only that they bought American and didn't stray from the path of loyalty to the West, while the Soviets wanted to export their precise ideology to eventually unify the world under the principles of Communism.

However this doesn't mean that the US didn't topple any regime which seemed to threaten their interests, just like the Soviets did. Both superpowers got stuck in unwinnable wars over regions which didn't share neither their ideas nor their plans (Vietnam and Afganistan). The US simply recovered from Vietnam in a way that the Soviets couldn't.

Internally the "live and let live" approach of US liberal democracy was more or less upheld, with less paranoia about rooting out enemies and disciplining the populace than in Soviet Russia. The same dynamics that in the US produced the obnoxious and illiberal but largely victimless Red Scare, and the resistance to the Civil Rights protests, in Soviet Russia produced purges and gulags. So yes, the US were the lesser evil.

But this doesn't mean that one has to buy into American propaganda about the US as the Good Guys fighting for freedom and being anti-imperialistic, well-intentioned and pure. Especially since after the end of the Cold War the US have committed some blunders and strategic mistakes that need to be addressed from an imperial perspective, not just as "sorry, we were the Good Guys who goofed".

Adams seems to be rooting his ideas in a more realistic perspective.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

To be honest I felt the same about the film Tora Tora Tora, way too many nips for my liking and don't get me started on the amount of darkies in Zulu. Plus, to have a film set on the beach with no totty is frankly, criminal. :snooty:

http://freebeacon.com/culture/usa-today ... s-dunkirk/

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ah, well, here Adams has lost me. Defending realism in foreign policy is one thing, trying to rationalize away Trump's erratic behavior on Twitter as "testing" is another.