Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
JayTeeAitch

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by JayTeeAitch »

John D wrote:Wow... shit. This Youtuber "rageafterstorm" is literally Hitler. Youtube took down this post of hers and she is getting lots of coverage from other Youtubers now. Interesting stuff.... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
[youtube][/youtube]
I saw that video the other day - superb. Citations include the daily stormer :doh:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

From what I remember, Daniel Tammett's synesthesia is the 'ordinal-linguistic personification' type where he perceives numbers as having a personality. I find this fascinating as autism is associated with a difficulty in reading minds. So Tammett perceives personality where there is none and fails to read it where it exists.

I also recall from one of Jesse Bering's books (Perv, I think) that there's a higher incidence of paraphilia among autistics, including extreme cases such as marrying cars or bridges.

It's like there is a natural tendency to read intention into others that somehow becomes detached from humans and onto inanimate objects or even abstract concepts like numbers.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

d4m10n wrote:For Steersman naturally
I sympathize with the pig. :fpig:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Billie from Ockham wrote:Like most other social categories, "gender" can be useful because it allows us to use social scripts (schemas) to guide our behavior in novel situations. My guess is that I use about six different values for gender when choosing how to interact with a new person.

What isn't useful is the other person's self-professed gender. Luckily, before they've gotten very far in telling me what they are, I've already classified them as a Type-F3 (i.e., nutjob with tits) or Type-M3 (i.e., nutjob with penis), so I'm already running away.
What 6 genders do you think are real?

I could maybe give some credence to classifications like "two-spirit" American Indians, or Thai lady boys. But those are just men who have opted to pretend to be women, and have maybe even gone through surgery to make their exterior parts appear how they wish to portray themselves.

Personally I wonder and have doubts that what we call "gender" is what Thais, Indians and other cultures consider a gender.

No one in the US ever considered tomboys a gender. It was simply a girl who tended to act and dress more like a boy. An effeminate man isn't really a gender. It is just a man who comes across as rather soft and tends to act more like a woman than a man.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:I sympathize with the pig. :fpig:
I suspect a decently large percentage of the "Ban Islam" folk are doing that because they know they cannot have a discussion on a societal or political level. Logic, reason facts, & nuance are out the window. Anything you say will get you labeled an islamaphobe or racist. They were probably a bit like the pig but they have given up. They amount of discussion & efforts they are willing to put into the issue has dropped down to zero, and now seek a one-size-fits-all hammer solution.

But if you offer up the "Ban Islam" crowd a more nuanced solution, I bet the bulk of them would chill the fuck out and accept it.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

deLurch wrote:What 6 genders do you think are real?
I never used the word "real" and have no clear idea of what it would mean in this context. What I was trying to say is that I have about 6 distinct categories for strangers that center on their sex. Men are either a physical threat, a non-threat, or not really a male. Women are either attractive, unattractive, or not really a woman. Beyond that, I let other stereotypes or defaults guide what I do until I get to know them better.

And, yes, this is all between the ears. The question is whose ears are we talking about and my answer is "mine." I not only don't care how the new person labels zemself, but, by the time I do know, I'm probably not using scripts, anyway.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:For Steersman naturally

[.tweet][/tweet]
:-)

http://www.booktopia.com.au/http_covers ... -earth.jpg
http://www.booktopia.com.au/http_covers ... -earth.jpg

But thanks - an image & cartoon worth keeping for opportune moments in twitter conversations. Certainly a succinct depiction of the primary positions in the conversation, and important points of reference.

However, as deLurch just suggested, the #BanIslam position is frequently or in part predicated on the fact that far too many on the Left (politically & in the cartoon) are manifestly unwilling to "rationally address the topic". Although another part is the recognition or argument that theocracy - largely a bedrock position of Islam - is fundamentally antithetical to and incompatible with democracy. As Anjuli Pandavar put it:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDxyV-QUMAAcqLW.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDxyV-QUMAAcqLW.jpg

And as Anne Marie Waters rather succintly and cogently put it:

Given that calls by various Muslim reformers have largely fallen on deaf ears, I won't hold my breath waiting for that. Or change my calls for the banning of Islam, and closing the borders to Muslim immigrants.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

John D wrote:In the "good old days" they only gave a local for most tooth extractions. Even recently I had some work done to extend my gums and this was done with only a local (and it was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life).

Within the last 10 years or so our docs are putting people "lightly under sedation" for tooth extractions and such. Hell, they used to do colonoscopy with no anesthetic in the "good old days." Thankfully, they knock you out for colonoscopy now. This does give family members and opportunity to witness their loved one behaving in a bizarre fashion.

I think they have gotten really good at light sedation. They can do it with good reliability and almost no risk to the patient. It promotes better outcomes in many ways because of the reduced stress reaction.

There have been studies on sedation. Especially in cases of serious operations, sedation not only provides comfort for the patient, it also dramatically improves recovery.... something related to the biological stress reaction... or some such thing.

PS - our health care is expensive for many reasons... and I doubt it has much to do with sedation. let's see.... overpriced drugs, excessive redundant testing, underutilized facilities, over-paid doctors, excessive paperwork and bureaucracy, reliance on high priced emergency care, no price competition between hospitals, a focus on lawsuits rather than care, excessive "heroic" measures such as giant neonatal costs........
A colonoscopy WITHOUT sedation. Bloody 'eck. I had one and I had the option of "light sedation" AND "gas and air". I happily took both.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

If you've no problem with closing borders and leaving moderates and pro-democracy liberals to their inevitable fate within theocratic nations, then you can't also claim to care one whit about Muslim-on-Muslim oppression. You've effectively just declared the whole region Not My Problem.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:while men, obviously, are biased towards rods
[.img][/img]
:-) Reminds me of a cartoon (which I unfortunately can't find with Google) from a Playboy magazine waaay back (maybe 40 years ago). It showed 2 guys standing outside a book store - presumably the owner and a friend - commenting on the large number of people lined up to get inside to purchase a book which was advertised in the window with a sign saying "Newly translated from the French: 'Seventeen New Mating Positions'", and with one guy saying to the other, "First time I've ever seen a book on chess sell so well" ... :) :rimshot:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote::-) Reminds me of a cartoon (which I unfortunately can't find with Google) from a Playboy magazine waaay back (maybe 40 years ago). It showed 2 guys standing outside a book store - presumably the owner and a friend - commenting on the large number of people lined up to get inside to purchase a book which was advertised in the window with a sign saying "Newly translated from the French: 'Seventeen New Mating Positions'", and with one guy saying to the other, "First time I've ever seen a book on chess sell so well" ... :) :rimshot:
In passing, I'll check google to see if I can find it, mate.

(I should be shot for that!)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hey Matt

You dropped one of your guns ...

http://i.imgur.com/t4G9iXP.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Linda's just jealous no one is leering at her up close. The closest she got was NASA did a fly-by of her.
This is a popular but incorrect claim, probably caused by some overlap in certain names and the agency involved. What really happened is that Lindy West was not in her predicted location on the evening (UTC) of December 8th, 1990, which caused the sling-shot effect on the spacecraft Galileo to be insufficient for the planned trip to Jupiter. This forced NASA to delay and then repeat the process exactly two years later (plus or minus five hours). Fortunately, this time Ms West was in correct location, Galileo gained more than 8000 mph, and the rest is Jovian history.
How do you miss a gravity well as big as Lindy's?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:I sympathize with the pig. :fpig:
I suspect a decently large percentage of the "Ban Islam" folk are doing that because they know they cannot have a discussion on a societal or political level. Logic, reason facts, & nuance are out the window. Anything you say will get you labeled an islamaphobe or racist. They were probably a bit like the pig but they have given up. They amount of discussion & efforts they are willing to put into the issue has dropped down to zero, and now seek a one-size-fits-all hammer solution.

But if you offer up the "Ban Islam" crowd a more nuanced solution, I bet the bulk of them would chill the fuck out and accept it.
I suspect as much. However I was thinking about a specific person. :bjarte:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:How do you miss a gravity well as big as Lindy's?
Especially when you consider the (big) red shift.

:bjarte:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:If you've no problem with closing borders and leaving moderates and pro-democracy liberals to their inevitable fate within theocratic nations, then you can't also claim to care one whit about Muslim-on-Muslim oppression. You've effectively just declared the whole region Not My Problem.
Don't see how that necessarily follows. They want to leave their "religion" behind them then I'm OK with them immigrating, more the merrier; otherwise fuck 'em, into the ground even.

But that's kind of the nature of the social contract - if people want to reject the laws and bed-rock principles on which a society is based then they can't very well complain about being incarcerated or booted out or having the doors closed in their faces. You might take a real close look at Pandavar's comment and post, as well as the Wikipedia article on the topic, particularly the criticisms thereof: Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam

And somewhat apropos of which, particularly Trump's travel ban, deportations, and sanctuary cities:
While the president is envisioning himself punching a cable-news network logo into submission, take a look at what The Failing New York Times™ reports from Choloma, Honduras:
While some of Mr. Trump’s most ambitious plans to tighten the border are still a long way off, particularly his campaign pledge to build a massive wall, his hard-line approach to immigration already seems to have led to sharp declines in the flow of migrants from Central America bound for the United States.

From February through May, the number of undocumented immigrants stopped or caught along the southwest border of the United States fell 60 percent from the same period last year, according to United States Customs and Border Protection — evidence that far fewer migrants are heading north, officials on both sides of the border say.

Arrests of immigrants living illegally in the United States have soared, with the biggest increase coming among those migrants with no criminal records. The shift has sown a new sense of fear among undocumented immigrants in the United States. In turn, they have sent a warning back to relatives and friends in their homelands: Don’t come. . . .

Migrant smugglers in Honduras say their business has dried up since Mr. Trump took office. Fewer buses have been leaving the northern Honduran city of San Pedro Sula bound for the border with Guatemala, the usual route for Honduran migrants heading overland to the United States. In hotels and shelters along the migrant trail, once-occupied beds go empty night after night.

Marcos, a migrant smuggler based near San Pedro Sula, said that last year he had taken one or two groups each month from Honduras to the United States border. Since Mr. Trump’s inauguration, however, he has had only one client. He blames Mr. Trump.

“People think he’s going to kick everyone out of the country,” Marcos said, asking that his full name not be published because of the illegal nature of his work. “Almost nobody’s going.”
Give Trump critics credit: They predicted he would destroy jobs, and they were right; he appears to have destroyed a considerable number of positions in the previously vibrant and lucrative illicit people-smuggling industry.
Whole issue of immigration is a bit of a problem, but condoning the flagrant breaking of laws, and all the consequences of that, is, obviously, not much of a solution.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Let's see...
DAK Kübelwagen
Pup, SE-5, Albatross
Lanc
109 G

??

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote: ...

In passing, I'll check google to see if I can find it, mate.

(I should be shot for that!)
:lol: Check! ... ;)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc wrote:
deLurch wrote:I suspect a decently large percentage of the "Ban Islam" folk are doing that because they know they cannot have a discussion on a societal or political level. Logic, reason facts, & nuance are out the window. Anything you say will get you labeled an islamaphobe or racist. They were probably a bit like the pig but they have given up. They amount of discussion & efforts they are willing to put into the issue has dropped down to zero, and now seek a one-size-fits-all hammer solution.

lol.

Now that we are on this topic, the Trump travel ban from 6 countries.

With no solution available, people were happy as shit to hear about a ban Muslim travel during Trumps campaigning. Because they viewed that as certainly better than nothing. Over the top, but better.

Trump's 6 nation travel ban (which is in theory a ban on terrorist, or terrorist likely countries) is both better than banning all Muslims, and doing nothing. And yes, atheists & Christians both get the boot in this situation, but better than the alternative in their eyes.

And if by any chance we can get an even more refined solution than a flat out ban on those 6 countries, I bet the vast majority of Trump supporters would be even happier.

But if you can't even discuss it, it is difficult to identify a more refined solution.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:
Sunder wrote:If you've no problem with closing borders and leaving moderates and pro-democracy liberals to their inevitable fate within theocratic nations, then you can't also claim to care one whit about Muslim-on-Muslim oppression. You've effectively just declared the whole region Not My Problem.
Don't see how that necessarily follows. They want to leave their "religion" behind them then I'm OK with them immigrating, more the merrier; otherwise fuck 'em, into the ground even.
The problem is that it's not nearly this simple. Many people are only nominally religious, but are unlikely to leave that nominal affiliation behind anyway. Others are semi or quasi religious. Others belong to specific denominations which are less keen on strict literalism and are often persecuted by the literalists. Others want to reform the religion from within. Etc. Etc.

To say nothing of those who are already in "the west".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

deLurch wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
deLurch wrote:I suspect a decently large percentage of the "Ban Islam" folk are doing that because they know they cannot have a discussion on a societal or political level. Logic, reason facts, & nuance are out the window. Anything you say will get you labeled an islamaphobe or racist. They were probably a bit like the pig but they have given up. They amount of discussion & efforts they are willing to put into the issue has dropped down to zero, and now seek a one-size-fits-all hammer solution.

lol.

Now that we are on this topic, the Trump travel ban from 6 countries.

With no solution available, people were happy as shit to hear about a ban Muslim travel during Trumps campaigning. Because they viewed that as certainly better than nothing. Over the top, but better.

Trump's 6 nation travel ban (which is in theory a ban on terrorist, or terrorist likely countries) is both better than banning all Muslims, and doing nothing. And yes, atheists & Christians both get the boot in this situation, but better than the alternative in their eyes.

And if by any chance we can get an even more refined solution than a flat out ban on those 6 countries, I bet the vast majority of Trump supporters would be even happier.

But if you can't even discuss it, it is difficult to identify a more refined solution.
Yes, I understand that. However I'm afraid that a refined solution would need effort on both side of the aisle, and the Trump situation is making co-operation between GOP and Dems on complex issues more and more difficult. Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Asra Nomani talked to the US Senate, but Kamala Harris and other Democratic female senators deserted the talk "in order not to legitimate Trump". That's a mistake, they might have realized something and discussed measures to take.

In general my biggest concern is that the issues of islam have become a partisan matter, where the Left doesn't want to hear anything unpleasant and the right has no clue about what to do at best or settles for counterproductive choices at worst.

It's a bit different in Europe. Leftists like Melenchon in France are less influenced by Regressives than the Dems (although the Wonder Boy Macron seems flip-floppity on the issue and a bit too close to some Salafis for my liking). In Switzerland even the left would be considered "right-wing" on immigration compared to other "western" countries. In Italy the ruling leftist party is supporting the decision to close the nation's ports to immigrant boats, and Salafi imams are routinely expelled.

But most European nations take their cues from the US and are influenced by the US policies and by American culture. I'd hate for an American-style academic SocJus and Regressivism to become popular in Europe, too.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I wish Donald Trump wasn't such a pompous narcissist and was actually clever enough to listen to good advice and follow through.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote:
The problem is that it's not nearly this simple. Many people are only nominally religious, but are unlikely to leave that nominal affiliation behind anyway. Others are semi or quasi religious. Others belong to specific denominations which are less keen on strict literalism and are often persecuted by the literalists. Others want to reform the religion from within. Etc. Etc.

To say nothing of those who are already in "the west".
You say you sympathize with the pig but it seems you have a foot or two in the camp of the person on the left.

You might take a real close look at that Jihad Watch article. No doubt a bit of a questionable source but it quotes extensively from a post in The Federalist by the fairly well known and well-regarded reformer Dr. Zuhdi Jasser - somewhat unjustifiably IMHO. But if the Muslim community is so reluctant, if not actually hostile, to walking-back its commitment to and support for outright barbarisms and savagery, to odious and insupportable literalism, then it's hard not to agree that Anne Marie Waters' position is the only sensible or workable one.

Don't see that it is up to Western societies to spend any time, money, or effort at all to guard against the depredations of the extremists. If the Muslim community isn't prepared to do so themselves then the whole lot of them clearly don't belong in a more or less civilized society; some people get that, many others don't:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDWPdO2UQAA1ekC.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDWPdO2UQAA1ekC.jpg

Looks like Muslims have pretty much worn out their welcome in the West, and largely if not entirely due to their own actions and "values".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Been doing more important things than boxing:

[im.g]http://i.imgur.com/ndVqh17.jpg[/img]

http://i.imgur.com/yLmw6sU.jpg

[img.]http://i.imgur.com/G8uS7o1.jpg[/img]

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/NaYOXNr.jpg[/img]
Let's see...
DAK Kübelwagen
Pup, SE-5, Albatross
Lanc
109 G

??
Close - from memory it wasn't a pup.

The gun came off the SMS Hessen which was a troubled child at Jutland; attacking non existent submarines and then assaulting an innocent mine buoy.

It was sent to the naughty corner for the rest of the war and this barrel was used as a railway gun before becoming property of the AIF.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Steersman wrote:
Okay, I'm going to respond to this directly, because you said and linked to someone saying "close the borders," not "leave the borders open for some people," which if you haven't noticed is virtually everyone's position and the only argument is over who and how many people that should be.

In short I think you're talking out of your ass.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:I wish Donald Trump wasn't such a pompous narcissist and was actually clever enough to listen to good advice and follow through.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sVxsj_UNE7M/hqdefault.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Albatross is apparently one of the best preserved examples around. It force landed only a couple of months into service and was flown to U.K. for extensive testing before being returned as a trophy.

We also have the Red Barron's left boot if anyone back home is looking for it.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Kirbmarc wrote:I wish Donald Trump wasn't such a pompous narcissist and was actually clever enough to listen to good advice and follow through.
In other words, you wish that the President weren't Donald Trump.

Welcome to the club.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Long time gone friend Wooly is doing a livestream on Canadian Parents wanting to keep their child genderless by state assessment.

Interestingly enough, she is taking the position that it is wrong for doctors to write down the biological sex of male or female based on genitalia (without genetic testing... not sure about other qualifications she might have... thus a livestream).

[youtube][/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Close - from memory it wasn't a pup.
Camel, then. The Pup was better.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:The Albatross is apparently one of the best preserved examples around.
Umm, it's one of two left in the world. The Albatross at the San Diego air museum looks brand spanking new. That's cuz it's a replica.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:Long time gone friend Wooly is doing a livestream on Canadian Parents wanting to keep their child genderless by state assessment.

Interestingly enough, she is taking the position that it is wrong for doctors to write down the biological sex of male or female based on genitalia (without genetic testing... not sure about other qualifications she might have... thus a livestream).

[youtube][/youtube]
Oh, fuck off! This is no less than child abuse.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Fuck me as I'm old enough to remember how un-PC we were back in the day but even this surprised me. :lol:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Fuck me as I'm old enough to remember how un-PC we were back in the day but even this surprised me. :lol:
I have two "go to" examples of non-PC television from the past although both are ironic and subject to misinterpretation:

[youtube][/youtube]

(blocked in UK but viewable via shenanigans)

[youtube][/youtube]

Both clips, regardless of intent, simply would not fly today.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The Young Ones scene was cut from the repeats.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

The Muppet video is an edit FYI.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Franchesca's openness for engagement and debate lasted all of erm ... well just over a week.

http://i.imgur.com/68XN7Lk.png

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

deLurch wrote:
John D wrote:Wow... shit. This Youtuber "rageafterstorm" is literally Hitler. Youtube took down this post of hers and she is getting lots of coverage from other Youtubers now. Interesting stuff.... :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
[youtube][/youtube]
Yup, tribalism is totes a black issue. White people don't succumb to tribalism at all. Not oooooone iota.
To be fair, identity politics was predicated on the erroneous presumption that whites would be immune from its teachings or would be so full of white guilt to suck it up. Neither was ever true and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Shatterface wrote:The Young Ones scene was cut from the repeats.
It was pretty close to the bone but should be preserved as an example of alternative comedy taking a swipe at racist knuckle-draggers. One of my best mates (son of an immigrant from Mauritius) found it highly amusing and we frequently used "John" as a private joke/code name for racist twats.

Not only that, the show was co-written by Ben Elton - one of the most cringey leftist buggers in the biz.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

DaveDodo007 wrote:Fuck me as I'm old enough to remember how un-PC we were back in the day but even this surprised me. :lol:
I am pretty sure the "Allah Ackbar" was recently added in.

The Mumpet show ran from 1976–1981. I am not sure who the inspiration for that character was, but perhaps the 70's bombings could be it.
https://time.com/4501670/bombings-of-america-burrough/

The more notorious unibomber was active between 1978 and 1995. But was not caught (and thus no hard visual representation of him) until 1996.
https://biography.com/people/ted-kaczynski-578450

Violence in cartoons and kid shows was far more acceptable back then. Tom & Jerry would be classic examples of horrible actions, but wonderfully entertaining.

So I don't think Muslims were the inspiration for this. Especially since his wardrobe & head gear does not match stereotypical middeleastern attire that we would expect to see back then.

I am open to suggestions as to who the inspiration for this character is might have been.

Also, I don't think that was the original song either as the muppet's mouths are not in sink at all.

-Soylent

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Also, the character's name is "Crazy Harry."
Ableist!

https://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Crazy_Harry

-Soylent

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ken Ham's now bitching that the city where he built his Ark Park doesn't have enough nice hotels, restaurants, and other attractions to bring people in.

When the Ark WAS supposed to be an attraction to bring people in.

And of course had he picked a bigger city to build his attraction in he would have probably had to deal with higher land prices and a less desperate city govt. who wouldn't have been so quick to hand over tax breaks.

What a fuckhead.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Unknown gender baby explained in one picture.

https://thesun.co.uk/news/3934423/gende ... egistered/

-Soylent

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:Unknown gender baby explained in one picture.

https://thesun.co.uk/news/3934423/gende ... egistered/

-Soylent
Call me crazy but I don't trust this parent to not attempt to influence their kid's expression, most likely to whatever is the opposite of their dangly bits, rather than, as they claim, let them discover it for themselves.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Sunder wrote:Ken Ham's now bitching that the city where he built his Ark Park doesn't have enough nice hotels, restaurants, and other attractions to bring people in.

And of course had he picked a bigger city to build his attraction in he would have probably had to deal with higher land prices and a less desperate city govt. who wouldn't have been so quick to hand over tax breaks.

What a fuckhead.
He has a 1500 seat restaurant that is pretty much always empty so they don't need more restaurants. He could turn a good chunk of that empty parking lot into an airport and maybe offer rooms in the ark complete with the animals as a hotel + adventure. Maybe make it so the rooms roll like a big floundering barge and add in deluge sound effects.
The Creation museum is a total mistake. Turn it into a separate Sodom and Gomorrah attraction along with casino, hookers,and gay and trans stuff.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Sunder wrote:Ken Ham's now bitching that the city where he built his Ark Park doesn't have enough nice hotels, restaurants, and other attractions to bring people in.

What a fuckhead.
Surely that makes the experience more authentic, considering the Biblical ark somehow managed to survive without nice hotels, restaurants and other amenities in the locale.

Come on, Ken - I'm sure your ark will 'weather the storm' ho ho.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:The Muppet video is an edit FYI.
Probably, and maybe unfortunately, but still a more or less accurate picture of Islam. "religion of peace" - what a joke.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:The Creation museum is a total mistake. Turn it into a separate Sodom and Gomorrah attraction along with casino, hookers,and gay and trans stuff.
A mistake? It filled Ken Ham's pockets at no risk to himself largely based on the risk and donations of his supporters, and he got to build his dream machine. Pure gravy.

It would only be a mistake for Ken Ham if it somehow started to drive people away from creationism.

It was a mistake for the city & county to offer tax breaks with no guarantee they would actually deliver on their promises.

-Soylent

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Okay, I'm going to respond to this directly, because you said and linked to someone saying "close the borders," not "leave the borders open for some people," which if you haven't noticed is virtually everyone's position and the only argument is over who and how many people that should be.

In short I think you're talking out of your ass.
Assume you mean Waters' tweet. But both she and I were reasonably clear that closing the borders applied only to Muslims. And Trump's travel ban is, if I'm not mistaken, entirely restricted to some half-dozen Muslim majority countries.

Seems we either ban Islam - which would then allow your "moderates and pro-democracy liberals" (rather few and far between in Muslim countries) - or simply ban immigration entirely from all Muslim countries on the entirely justified basis that determining religion and degree of adherence would be "problematic".

But, speaking of "who and how many", I wonder whether you would allow all Muslims into the country despite clear evidence showing the problematic consequences of doing so. Don't think you quite get the idea that Islam and its theocratic objectives are simply and flatly incompatible with democracy and with our concepts of human rights

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

What a fuckhead.
It's less than an hour's drove from both Cincinnati and Lexington along I-75. Fucking idiot.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:Tribalism/identity politics. It happens even to the best of us. Even many Turks who hate Erdogan with a passion and are completely secularized hate the Kurds and deny the Armenian genocide.
completely secularized
hate Erdogan
hate the Kurds
deny the Armenian genocide
It happens even to the best of us.
:think:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

deLurch wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:This is an interesting response:
[youtube][/youtube]
1. The people that responded flags as skeptics, I don't really view as skeptics. They are more political/social commentators. Mostly of the Anti-SJW variety.

I don't understand why all the Anti-SJWs are now being called skeptics. Maybe because there has been such a vacuum since the fall of the skeptic movement that people are seeking to place the mantels on someone. Perhaps because in a crazy crazy world those individuals are comparatively making the most sense.

2. Taking down the ideology of the "Alt-Right" is useless. The term is very poorly defined. It is fluff. It very loosely consists of people who were not happy with the Republican party as it was. And some white nationalists. And the left, taking advantage of the poor definition of the Alt-Right opted to brand them all as white supremacists.

Taking down the "Alt-Right" is only useful for political banner waving & motivation. If you really want to take down the intellectual failings you see, you have to identify poor stances & arguments and skewer those ideas. Claiming that someone you oppose has dirt on them from the person standing next to them isn't going to get you anywhere intellectually.
This is were the Slymepit doesn't get any credit, we choosed to be a leaderless organisation, we had no focal point for all the ire to be directed at and the movement be defamed by association however much they did try. Also archive everything they post so you can call them on it at a later date, they still did try though because it is an effected tactic but to no avail. Gamergate did this too even though they didn't know of our existence. The left and liberals have been successful in the past because they were given individual targets to shame, demonize and call out and force people to be sacked.

Now politics are coming to a head, though all self proclaimed leaders of the alt-right and going to be considered 'controlled opposition or and Jews' it is a self defense mechanism has worked for them so far so why shouldn't they continue to use it.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

The museum is separate from the ark. It would be good to have both together. Mom could take the kids to the ark and Dad could sneak over for some forbidden fun.
Just want to see it continue.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:Been doing more important things than boxing:
I should go there again. Right on my doorstep and it's been years.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The Muppets had the answer to all this madness.

Crazy Harry appeared in the chorus line:

[youtube][/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
It would only be a mistake for Ken Ham if it somehow started to drive people away from creationism.

-Soylent
I'll give the Hamster this, he's the only mega-funded christian church-head I've seen who I think believes in what he's saying, and would do (possibly has done) the same things if it wasn't bringing in coin. Or he could be an awesome actor, but benefit of the doubt to him.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Judging from his understanding of my attitudes it seems the Steerzoid reads my posts even less often as I read his.

Anyway, knew it was probably a mistake to address him directly. Won't be doing that again for a while at least.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:The Creation museum is a total mistake. Turn it into a separate Sodom and Gomorrah attraction along with casino, hookers,and gay and trans stuff.
A mistake? It filled Ken Ham's pockets at no risk to himself largely based on the risk and donations of his supporters, and he got to build his dream machine. Pure gravy.

It was a mistake for the city & county to offer tax breaks with no guarantee they would actually deliver on their promises.

-Soylent
Even with a 30 year exemption from property taxes there's gotta be a point where this dump costs more to keep open than it brings in. It just depends on how generous those donors are to keep paying to run a place that doesn't pay for itself.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers is unbelievable.

I think he still believes he is a somebody, of interest to people outside of his ten commenters and us losers over in the Pit.

Also, bonus argument from (lack of) authority, as someone he has never heard of is therefore a fool. This despite him crowing about introducing fresh blood into atheism online.

Cunt.

https://preview.ibb.co/kkqTxv/Screen_Sh ... _59_PM.png