Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by deLurch »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Could someone summarize the nice mangoes controversy? Everything I've seen from her sounds right.
She started from the reasonable and true idea that not every critic of Islam is criticizing islam in good faith and that some of them are actual racists (not SJW-style "racist"). She expressed doubts about Charles Murray: it's debatable whether her assessment of him is accurate, but still reasonable.

Then she started attacking everyone who according to her focuses too much on criticising islam and not enough on criticizing Trump as "part of the problem", which is stupid. She also engaged in the fun sport of guilt by association. She attacked Dave Rubin for the crime of being "alt-right" (I'm ambivalent on the guy but she was very uncharitable to him), Lalo Dagach for the crime of liking Dave Rubin (Dagach is a leftist and critic of Trump, he just focuses on islam more and doesn't play purity tests) and Yasmine Mohammed of Secular Jihadists for being pals with both.

It turned out that Nice Mangos apparently misrepresented her experience in Saudi Arabia (where she allegedly used her privileged status as a holder of a US passport to avoid the worst of the Sharia). There's apparently a controversy on this point, and a flame war started.

Dan Arel, white knight extraordinaire, rode on his high horse to smear everyone who criticized Mangos as a vile alt-righter.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Donald would never do dirty things like engaging in urine play. He is not a dirty boy.
The real story turns out to be SURVEILLANCE and LEAKING! Find the leakers.
29,507 replies 15,093 retweets 59,192 likes
Reply 30K Retweet 15K
Like 59K

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Could someone summarize the nice mangoes controversy? Everything I've seen from her sounds right.
She started from the reasonable and true idea that not every critic of Islam is criticizing islam in good faith and that some of them are actual racists (not SJW-style "racist"). She expressed doubts about Charles Murray: it's debatable whether her assessment of him is accurate, but still reasonable.

Then she started attacking everyone who according to her focuses too much on criticising islam and not enough on criticizing Trump as "part of the problem", which is stupid. She also engaged in the fun sport of guilt by association. She attacked Dave Rubin for the crime of being "alt-right" (I'm ambivalent on the guy but she was very uncharitable to him), Lalo Dagach for the crime of liking Dave Rubin (Dagach is a leftist and critic of Trump, he just focuses on islam more and doesn't play purity tests) and Yasmine Mohammed of Secular Jihadists for being pals with both.

It turned out that Nice Mangos apparently misrepresented her experience in Saudi Arabia (where she allegedly used her privileged status as a holder of a US passport to avoid the worst of the Sharia). There's apparently a controversy on this point, and a flame war started.

Dan Arel, white knight extraordinaire, rode on his high horse to smear everyone who criticized Mangos as a vile alt-righter.
More or less right except it is, if I'm not mistaken, Douglas Murray.
See my earlier post for some gory details:
Steersman wrote:Seems that that "schism squabble" is a bit of dog's breakfast that would require a battalion of Philadelphia lawyers to untangle - certainly more spoons than I have. But apparently some time back Eiynah -‏ @NiceMangos, a sex-blogger at one time, hence the handle - had a podcast with Sam Harris at which time she took the opportunity to go up one side of Dave Rubin and down the other. Saw the assertion in a tweet but haven't been able to find it again, or the podcast. ....

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I too have decided I need an emotional support animal. I could take one of my cats, but they tend to bitch a lot when travelling. So while it's not strictly kosher, but I need one of these-
wnn_spider_141021_16x9_992.jpg
(97.42 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Kickin' it up a notch.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

katamari Damassi wrote: SSI Disability is difficult to get and likely to get even more difficult under the Annoying Orange administration. Years ago I knew a narcoleptic who was denied SSI Disability.
It's true a lot of initial claims are turned down, but a high percentage of those are won on appeal. The whole process can take four or five years but if you have a herd of neckbeards to milk for cash, hiring a lawyer can greatly increase your chances.

The insulting part is you are more likely to be turned down for an actual physical disability than you are for a long list of bullshit psychological "problems". Can't use your arms? You can get a job tapping a button with your foot. Back, hips, knees and ankles shot? Go be a typist. Can't drag your ass out of bed before noon but have a knee-high stack of diagnoses from a dozen therapists, counselors and psychologists saying you are too fragile a flower to stand the rigors of employment, then your odds ain't half bad.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Trump is a known germaphobe, why would he have women piss in his bed?
Right. Because a germaphobe would want nothing to do with urine.

[youtube][/youtube]
That's his own urine. Big difference.

Guest_9dbc137a

Post by Guest_9dbc137a »

Im pretty sure a copyright claim is irrelevant. A video demonetized for 'improper' content will stopped receiving adds wether it has another copyrights holder on it or not. I don't recall the screenshot of the youtuber showing a copyright claim demonetization on it. maybe i should check it again but that was a regular demonetization for content as far as i remembers.

Am i taking crazy pills? Why would a copyright claim override a "not appropriate content" strike? It makes no sense. Would Coca-cola suddenly be "ha ok, the money goes to the other guy. Fine. Keep my add on that video called 'something something nigger'. Its fair game."
Well, Ethan has taken the video down, so at this point there are far more knowledgeable people than I agreeing he was mistaken.

I think the points are:

1) Contrary to Ethan, YT never demonetized the video for inappropriate content.
2) So the video kept playing and playing with ads
3) But since the copyright holders to the audio had claimed the content, the owner of the video never saw any revenue, that all went to the copyright holders

The videos author's statement of zero earnings for seven months doesn't prove there were no ads.

A content meta tag in the video shows the content had been claimed.

> Would Coca-cola suddenly be "ha ok, the money goes to the other guy. Fine. Keep my add on that video called 'something something nigger'. Its fair game."

Coke didn't claim the copyright, the copyright holder of "Alabama Nigger" claimed the copyright, so they were happy with seventh mods of plays at GulagBear's channel.

more here
reddit do tcom/r/h3h3productions/comments/6329c5/evidence_that_wsj_used_fake_screenshots/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Really? wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: Trump is a known germaphobe, why would he have women piss in his bed?
Right. Because a germaphobe would want nothing to do with urine.

[youtube][/youtube]
Urine is sterile.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Lsuoma wrote: Urine is sterile.
Unless the random Russian prostitute has an STI or Chernobyl-mutated crabs or something. Better safe than sorry.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Really? wrote:
Unless the random Russian prostitute has an STI or Chernobyl-mutated crabs or something. Better safe than sorry.
Prostitutes? Better call Steersman.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

Lsuoma wrote:
Really? wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Right. Because a germaphobe would want nothing to do with urine.

[youtube][/youtube]
Urine is sterile.
Except it isn't.

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-d ... r-rest-you

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

[youtube][/youtube]

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

Guest_9dbc137a wrote:
Im pretty sure a copyright claim is irrelevant. A video demonetized for 'improper' content will stopped receiving adds wether it has another copyrights holder on it or not. I don't recall the screenshot of the youtuber showing a copyright claim demonetization on it. maybe i should check it again but that was a regular demonetization for content as far as i remembers.

Am i taking crazy pills? Why would a copyright claim override a "not appropriate content" strike? It makes no sense. Would Coca-cola suddenly be "ha ok, the money goes to the other guy. Fine. Keep my add on that video called 'something something nigger'. Its fair game."
Well, Ethan has taken the video down, so at this point there are far more knowledgeable people than I agreeing he was mistaken.

I think the points are:

1) Contrary to Ethan, YT never demonetized the video for inappropriate content.
2) So the video kept playing and playing with ads
3) But since the copyright holders to the audio had claimed the content, the owner of the video never saw any revenue, that all went to the copyright holders

The videos author's statement of zero earnings for seven months doesn't prove there were no ads.

> Would Coca-cola suddenly be "ha ok, the money goes to the other guy. Fine. Keep my add on that video called 'something something nigger'. Its fair game."

Coke didn't claim the copyright, the copyright holder of "Alabama Nigger" claimed the copyright, so they were happy with seventh mods of plays at GulagBear's channel.

more here
reddit do tcom/r/h3h3productions/comments/6329c5/evidence_that_wsj_used_fake_screenshots/
Alright lets start fresh. You clearly didn't understand my point.

Let me put it this way: If he was demonetized for content, there were no adds, but if it was for copyrights, adds are expected. I just made a simple point that disagree with your point #1 based on my knowledge at the time. And all other points are irrelevant since they infer point #1 is true to begin with.

GulagBear's screenshot as i recall does not show a copyrights claim. Maybe im wrong. But im sure the crux of the problems is on that point alone and that GulagBear have the information to put this debate to rest.
It does show that it was the case at a date in the past. Was that claim overturned since then? I don't know. Do you? Im sure GulagBear's could answer all those questions.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Do I think that the Russians actually managed to influence the election and get Trump elected? No.
The margin of victory turned out to be razor thin in the rust belt. Russia only needed to affect a bit of a nudge. The Podesta release alone may well have been enough.
I've mentally netted Russia off against pussy-gate. PG should have been a game-stopper.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:A Quillet article on Ayaan Hirsi Ali's plan to fight political islam:

<snip>
The executive director of CAIR, Nihad Awad, decried the U.S. government’s “anti-Muslim witch hunt” for raiding the offices of Ghassan Elashi, co-founder of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development. But “Elashi was later indicted and convicted of channeling funds to Hamas.” (This unsettling contretemps didn’t stop the FBI from later thanking CAIR for “keep[ing] the nation safe.”) The FBI refuses to “engage in the war of ideas” with Islamists, and therefore blew it severely when it interviewed the infamous Islamist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki four times before he absconded to Yemen to preach jihad. (A drone strike killed him in 2011.) Later that year, a coalition of Islamist groups urged national security adviser John Brennan to “purge all federal government training materials of biased materials critical of Islamic theology.” Brennan duly complied, cutting 876 pages and 392 presentations deemed “offensive” to Islamist sensibilities but that doubtless would have enlightened analysts as to the Islamist danger. One wonders if any of the terrorist attacks that followed could have been prevented had Brennan not been so attendant to Islamist concerns.
I didn't know about Brennan. This is troubling. ...
Yea. Ran across this recent tweet about him:

"Bare Naked Islam" may be somewhat questionable, as are the credentials of "former FBI agent, John Guandolo". However, BNI includes a credible YouTube video of Brennan making some comments about Islam that look more like those of a convert than those of of a CIA Director (nominee or actual or Obama advisor) tasked with protecting the US from Islamic terrorists:

[youtube][/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:The material you provided here does not support these claims.
Ridiculous. Anyone who listens to the livestream at that timestamp can hear the claims the youtubers made. And anyone can read your reply-- 1. YOU made it a character issue, by asserting the youtubers lack integrity. 2. You gambled your own reputation against-theirs...your rep as a reliable researcher, fluent in german. 3. You claimed to find ZERO evidence to support the youtubers.

I disproved #3 with a rudimentary search on google news, exonerating the youtubers & discrediting you. Now you continue to shit all over yourself:
The official government site you provided is about crimes conventionally in the books, and about enforcement of them on the internet. They are about libel and incitement to violence and such, and about making social media companies more accountable, i.e. Google, Facebook, Twitter.
Exactly-as the youtubers asserted.
Making the tea even weaker, this document discusses a law proposal.
The quarter-yearly reports these services are asked to make are not to the government, but are to be released to the public and should show the volume of the complaints, and how they are being processed.
You are making a bullshit distinction. These are govt mandated quarterly reports.
The 24/7 stream that might fall under broadcast laws is a separate case.
If that is really the basis for these claims, your souces are again misleading, with a known technique of:
  • Taking a grain of truth, there's really a law proposal, libel laws etc exist, the 24/7 stream may be considered a broadcast and fall under that law.
You admit it's true. You fail to show it's only an insignificant grain of truth.
[*]Misleading conflation, YouTube rando versus 24/7 stream or versus Giant Social Media Corp.
The youtubers cited 2 cases. They did not conflate them. You denied either case existed. I provided mainstream journalism sources as corroboration. You fail to retract your denial.
making it seem as if The (EU?) Goverment Is Coming For Ya (the little person).
[*]Playing off US law versus German law, which has stronger personality rights, at the expense of total free speech. You cannot just write anything on other people, that's where their space begins, according to our laws, and of course that's what enrages Free Speech absolutist Americans.
Sargon isnt American. Computing Forever isnt American. The youtuber with the bust-in-sunglasses avatar isnt American... is based in Germany. You cant write them off as stupid Americans. You only reveal your bigotry.
[*]Exaggeration, making it all seem far more serious and alarmist than it is in practice
Fifty Million Euro fines are serious. You havent acknowledge d they were right about thst number.
[*]Gish Galloping, multiple issues, lots of legal fine print, different cases arranged around a narrative theme.[/list]
If 2 cases, discussed back-to-back, counts as 'gish galloping' that's a shortcoming in your ability to keep-up with a reasonable pace of discussion. Not an abusive tactic by the youtubers.

Your next block of text is much-more of a gish gallop:
The next step is usually the Fake News Gambit, after having left the fake rubbish, the peddler waits for a critical response, attack the critic as an alleged denialist of everything. This is an interesting, SJWish, technique for it serves polarisation and the user of the technique can then build on the manufactuversy as a soap box to virtue signal. Alas, any merit and real discussion one could have is poisoned in the process. For example, I really find it concerning that a 24/7 internet stream might fall under broadcast rules, though I see no problem with social media companies being held accountable to existing laws that count elsewhere too.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"Muslim feminists" call for the censoring of Ayaan Hirsi Ali, using SJW methods, buzzwords and tactics:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote: [.youtube][/youtube]
Maybe Brennan should have spent less time marveling at the spirit of haji and more looking into which Saudi Arabian "charities" financed terroristic groups. Or noticing what happened to even mild critics of Salafism in Saudi Arabia. Just saying.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Service Dog wrote:
Aneris wrote:The material you provided here does not support these claims.
Ridiculous. Anyone who listens to the livestream at that timestamp can hear the claims the youtubers made. And anyone can read your reply-- 1. YOU made it a character issue, by asserting the youtubers lack integrity. 2. You gambled your own reputation against-theirs...your rep as a reliable researcher, fluent in german. 3. You claimed to find ZERO evidence to support the youtubers.
Nice Try. Let me insert your assertions about censorship, surveillance and TV broadcasting licenses for “YouTubers”. You did write this or did you not? Well, the sources you provided still don't support these claims. The only difference is that the people in the stream might have reported accurately, and the middle-man (i.e. you) distorted the situation — at best.
Service Dog wrote:Jump to 1:54:50, to hear about Germany's attempts to force YouTubers in Germany to obtain TV broadcasting licenses & conform to TV-broadcast censorship standards, as well mandates on Social Media platforms in Germany to compile quarterly surveillance reports documenting all hatespeech on their platforms, at great expense:

[youtube].[/youtube]
Service Dog wrote:I disproved #3 with a rudimentary search on google news, exonerating the youtubers & discrediting you. Now you continue to shit all over yourself:
Of course, your misreported “surveillance” and broadcasting censorship on YouTubers — being fictional — could not be found, which you certainly didn't “disprove”.

The official government site you provided is about crimes conventionally in the books, and about enforcement of them on the internet. They are about libel and incitement to violence and such, and about making social media companies more accountable, i.e. Google, Facebook, Twitter.
Making the tea even weaker, this document discusses a law proposal.
Exactly-as the youtubers asserted. […] [/quote]

And so on. Maybe they asserted that, but you didn't, and even this is questionable, alarmist as they typically are. In other words, it comes down to almost nothing, and you flee the Fake News bailey to hide into your little motte.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Brive1987 wrote:Someone pls point me back to where this makes sense?
I literally don't know who this person is

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

rayshul wrote:
Someone who accuses anyone who's not in favor of punching nazis of being a nazi.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Classic Munchausen syndrome by proxy

http://i.imgur.com/Me0DDPX.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:"Muslim feminists" call for the censoring of Ayaan Hirsi Ali, using SJW methods, buzzwords and tactics:

[.tweet][/tweet]

[.tweet][/tweet]
Lovely bunch of people. Seems the "religion of peace" thugs have managed to get Ayaan to cancel her speaking engagement in Australia:

Don't think they, and the psychopaths responsible for the call to #HangAyazNizami, realize that all they're doing is just further discrediting themselves and Islam.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

The good old new vs. old media fight is alive and well I see.

I have little faith in old media but less in the new. I think that the curious fact that the old media outlets that care the least about objective reporting have some of the highest viewer/readership counts tends to discredit the idea that people are flocking to new media because it's more objective. People by and large do not and have never wanted objectivity. The primary appeal of new media is the ability to find someone who appeals exclusively to you and only you, something big organizations with broad viewerships can't manage.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Sunder:

All Hail Ziltoid The Omniscient!

(Fuck, I LOVE Devin Townsend. Missed his concert in February due to bad weather.)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:
Ignorance is bliss.

I'm in the same boat - and highly suspect there is not much to be gained by attempting to find out.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

MarcusAu wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Ignorance is bliss.

I'm in the same boat - and highly suspect there is not much to be gained by attempting to find out.
His name sounds like a reject elf from a fantasy novel.

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Labor activist. Award-winning freelance journalist. Host of The Danthropology podcast. Author of The Secular Activist; and Parenting Without God.
Well, he is a self-described labor activist from California that as recently as November 2016 takes Ubers and classifies them as a *social sharing service* in the face of lots of reports of Uber exploiting labor, paying terrible wages, destroying a taxi driver's living wage, and lawsuits from Uber drivers in California detailing the exploitive conditions.

What actual labor activist would be taking Ubers?

Guest_440911e7

Post by Guest_440911e7 »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote:
Same here, and I know who Rebecca Watson.

This guy is literally less than nobody to me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
rayshul wrote:
Ignorance is bliss.

His name sounds like a reject elf from a fantasy novel.
Well he now knows who you are. :D

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Speaking of whom:

Ayaan Hirsi Ali cancels speaking tour amid security concerns

Controversial speaker and vocal critic of Islam Ayaan Hirsi Ali cancels her speaking tour of Australia and New Zealand, citing security concerns.

Ali was due to appear as a panellist on the ABC's Q&A program tonight, but has also cancelled.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-03/a ... ns/8411408

Pseudomonas

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ayaan Hirsi Ali says that we should stop seeing muslims only as victims

An interesting reply to Ali's ideas, which sheds some light on why some intellectuals shy away from criticising islam:
Emma Sky, teacher of Middle Eastern politics at Jackson Institute wrote:Do I look at Ted Cruz or [Donald] Trump and think those are representatives of Christianity?” she said. “Do we want to have people of other faiths condemning Christianity because of the way that those people behave? Yes, there’s lots that needs to happen within Islam and I talk to many Muslim friends about that, but I don’t feel as a western, non-Muslim that my role is to stand up and criticise aspects of their religion.

“I will criticise acts of violence, and the horrible terrorist attacks that took place in France. Those are awful. But I will not say, ‘that is Islam’.”
This position is supreme intellectual cowardice. Christianity SHOULD be criticized by non-christians, hell atheists do it all the time, and rightly so. Hell non-communists criticize communism all the time, non-fascists criticize fascism all the time. Islam SHOULD be criticized by non-muslims. Saying otherwise is abdicating from your role as a critical thinker in a misguided attempt to be seen as tolerant. An intellectual who refuses to exercise their right to criticism because of their ancestry is a weak, ineffectual intellectual, who is silencing themselves because of the fear of being seen as a bigot.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Aneris wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Exactly-as the youtubers asserted. […]
And so on. Maybe they asserted that, but you didn't, and even this is questionable, alarmist as they typically are. In other words, it comes down to almost nothing, and you flee the Fake News bailey to hide into your little motte.
You misapply the motte&bailey accusation. There is nothing wrong with a debater retreating from rhetorical over-reach, to a core position of solid truth. That's practicing honest discourse! It moves the conversation forward! It spares me defeat from trying to defend the indefensible. The only reason for you to cry foul, is if I attempt to re-occupy my previously discredited position/ as-if it had never been surrendered. Which I have not done, you idiot. I am eager to promptly, honestly, gracefully abandon indefensible positions... forever. I am better-off without them.

Unfortunately, whenever Greater Germany is under attack, you feel compelled to defend every front, to the last man, from Normandy to Afrika to Moscow. Britain, Greece, Turkey!

You accept no blame for your folly. Instead you designate scapegoats to blame: Sargon, MRAs, the Jews.

This post is illegal hatespeech in Germany, and must be censored to protect the honor of Angela Merkel, Emma Watson, and the virgin-white purity of the Aryan Race.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/i ... P_2546.jpg

U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
He is such a liar and coward. But nice to know he reads the slymepit.

Hi Dan! Your neck tattoo looks like a skin disease. Also, your book, Parenting Without God is such a disaster. Could you not afford an editor? Were not the hundreds of errors obvious? The content was trite, and immediately obvious to anybody that wasn't a reetard. I got a free copy, and feel like I over-paid.

Who the fuck is Dan Ariel? Before this tweet I never heard of him.

Neck tattoo? Why not just have "Ha!Ha! Fuck you future self!!" Tattooed on your forehead.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And even if such criticism is incorrect and based on ignorance - people should still be free to do it. Because engaging in conversation is the best way to change (or correct) ideas. Just listening to someone else, without the opportunity to question - is much too close to indoctrination.

Apart from that - many strongly believing muslims come to be non believers by people pointing out the contradictions. A kinder / gentler version does not ring true to them at all.

And on the third hand - people in the West have for the most part the privilege of free speech - so should try to use it for some good. People in other parts of the world (eg the Middle East) deserve better than silence.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

d4m10n wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:Do I think that the Russians actually managed to influence the election and get Trump elected? No.
The margin of victory turned out to be razor thin in the rust belt. Russia only needed to affect a bit of a nudge. The Podesta release alone may well have been enough.
Couldn't have been Hillary's tone deaf SJW heavy campaigning, while Trump was talking about jobs, who in the rust belt cares about those.... nah ...it was the Podesta e-mails.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

rayshul wrote:
He is someone who has gone FullWerleman. Badly. Accusing anyone who disagrees with him as a "Nazi", "alt-right", the usual, etc. Is a BFF with that insane Marxist professor from Drexel. Has a black flag in his Twitter bio, and supports Antifa and their violence. He also retweeted that "CJ Werleman was right about New Atheists". :lol: :lol: :lol:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Calling for the Pit At Geniuses to come up with some Dan Arel artwork......

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CommanderTuvok wrote:He is someone who has gone FullWerleman. Badly. Accusing anyone who disagrees with him as a "Nazi", "alt-right", the usual, etc. Is a BFF with that insane Marxist professor from Drexel. Has a black flag in his Twitter bio, and supports Antifa and their violence. He also retweeted that "CJ Werleman was right about New Atheists". :lol: :lol: :lol:
File under 'Cunt' then ignore.

Keating

Post by Keating »

So, I'm looking forward to the future timeline where the British Armada conquers Spain over Gibraltar. Hopefully it happens before Elizabeth dies so she can give a new 'Body of a Woman' speech. Although, with all the trans-stuff, maybe that would still make sense from Charles.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:He is someone who has gone FullWerleman. Badly. Accusing anyone who disagrees with him as a "Nazi", "alt-right", the usual, etc. Is a BFF with that insane Marxist professor from Drexel. Has a black flag in his Twitter bio, and supports Antifa and their violence. He also retweeted that "CJ Werleman was right about New Atheists". :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was going to say and then kick the file.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Keating wrote:So, I'm looking forward to the future timeline where the British Armada conquers Spain over Gibraltar. Hopefully it happens before Elizabeth dies so she can give a new 'Body of a Woman' speech. Although, with all the trans-stuff, maybe that would still make sense from Charles.
Didn't Thatcher already plagiarize that?

I remember thinking of it when visiting Tilbury Fort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_to ... at_Tilbury

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Note to all - I visited Canturbury over the weekend.

The Gollywogs have been erased from history - as they no longer appear any form at the Rupert the Bear musuem.

(The Clangers and Bagpuss are still there though).

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Spike13 wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Couldn't have been Hillary's tone deaf SJW heavy campaigning, while Trump was talking about jobs, who in the rust belt cares about those.... nah ...it was the Podesta e-mails.
There's a lot of deflection and Hillary-splaining in many progressive circles. I'm surprised I find a lot of it in the 'Pit, too. I'm no Trump fan but the decision between him and Hillary really was a giant douche vs. a turd sandwich, and a lot of people went with the candidate who at least promise to do something, even if it was something stupid or unlikely to come true. Trump conned the US, but he could do so only because Clinton was such a failure at saying anything even remotely pragmatic and instead kept blathering about how she was going to be the first women president and how Trump was a dickhead. Trump IS a tremendous dickhead, but that's actually one of his strengths in terms of getting elected: he's such an open jerk that people think at least he admits it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's Niall Ferguson's view on Clinton vs Trump:

[youtube][/youtube]

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

deLurch wrote:
Okay, does anybody else get a creepy feeling about this ?

I don't mean anything to do with world autism day, I'm just using this as one of many possible examples. He has lit up a building. An actual physical thing, in the real world, made up of stones - albeit a building that has a symbolic significance as well as being a physical building. However, this tweet doesn't say he lit up the white house, it says he lit up the "@WhiteHouse".

"@WhiteHouse" is not a building - it's a twitter account. The building is not the account. I know that that is an obvious statement, but here's the thing. Once you confuse the building with the twitter account, then you are opening the way for confusing the actual for the metaphor - an online digital entity (which is just information flowing down wires) with a physical entity - the virtual for the concrete - the map for the territory. Every noun has to have a twitter account to go with it. Every inanimate object has to have some form of consciousness on Twitter so you can talk to (and hear) it.

I think that it's here - on this battleground - that the showdown between Enlightenment and Post-Modernism will be fought. Does anything exist outside of its Twitter account or not ? We say that it does, PoMo's say it does not. Looks like we're losing.

N.B. I know that, in practical terms this '@WhiteHouse' can be explained simply by the harmless fact that he's encouraging tweets to go to there to say "Nice Lights". Well ... Durr. But this doesn't make it OK because it still conflates the account with the stones in the reader's mind even if not intended. Also, I don't particularly mean this as an Anti-Trump point because I guess Obama white house and many others have done this too. Although, I do happen to think it's in Trump's interest to promote Post-Modernism, but that is a separate issue.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote:So, I'm looking forward to the future timeline where the British Armada conquers Spain over Gibraltar. Hopefully it happens before Elizabeth dies so she can give a new 'Body of a Woman' speech. Although, with all the trans-stuff, maybe that would still make sense from Charles.
I backpacked to Gibraltar in the 1980s enroute to Morocco. It was hot (July) and there were no lockers (IRA) so we had to carry our full backpacks around all day. Plus I lost my camera there.

Interesting place though, nice view from the Rock and an interesting Napoleonic cemetery. What's fucking ironic is that Spain bitches and moans about Gib but has its own African enclave at Ceuta which Morocco bitches and moans about ......

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

For all Brits here, it seems that Darcus Howe has died.

Obviously he was a race-baiter, but this notwithstanding, he did some necessary work in the seventies with respect to policing. Maybe he was necessary in his time, I don't know. He was an engaging speaker (I heard him once) and definitely had charm. Although he was probably a cocoa-shunter.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Brive1987 wrote:Classic Munchausen syndrome by proxy

If you look into the eyes of this dog, really look, deep down, you see that it longs for death.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

piginthecity wrote:N.B. I know that, in practical terms this '@WhiteHouse' can be explained simply by the harmless fact that he's encouraging tweets to go to there to say "Nice Lights". Well ... Durr. But this doesn't make it OK because it still conflates the account with the stones in the reader's mind even if not intended. Also, I don't particularly mean this as an Anti-Trump point because I guess Obama white house and many others have done this too. Although, I do happen to think it's in Trump's interest to promote Post-Modernism, but that is a separate issue.
Simpler explanation: the Orangeutan in Chief screwed up his tweet.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:Classic Munchausen syndrome by proxy

We must have been thinking along the same lines. Although the more I think of it I'm sure its all part of her plan of 'entrapment' toward the Mugfriend. :?

http://i.imgur.com/AFOK4y1.png

Malky

Post by Malky »

piginthecity wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Okay, does anybody else get a creepy feeling about this ?

I don't mean anything to do with world autism day, I'm just using this as one of many possible examples. He has lit up a building. An actual physical thing, in the real world, made up of stones - albeit a building that has a symbolic significance as well as being a physical building. However, this tweet doesn't say he lit up the white house, it says he lit up the "@WhiteHouse".

"@WhiteHouse" is not a building - it's a twitter account. The building is not the account. I know that that is an obvious statement, but here's the thing. Once you confuse the building with the twitter account, then you are opening the way for confusing the actual for the metaphor - an online digital entity (which is just information flowing down wires) with a physical entity - the virtual for the concrete - the map for the territory. Every noun has to have a twitter account to go with it. Every inanimate object has to have some form of consciousness on Twitter so you can talk to (and hear) it.

I think that it's here - on this battleground - that the showdown between Enlightenment and Post-Modernism will be fought. Does anything exist outside of its Twitter account or not ? We say that it does, PoMo's say it does not. Looks like we're losing.

N.B. I know that, in practical terms this '@WhiteHouse' can be explained simply by the harmless fact that he's encouraging tweets to go to there to say "Nice Lights". Well ... Durr. But this doesn't make it OK because it still conflates the account with the stones in the reader's mind even if not intended. Also, I don't particularly mean this as an Anti-Trump point because I guess Obama white house and many others have done this too. Although, I do happen to think it's in Trump's interest to promote Post-Modernism, but that is a separate issue.

Are you a fan of General Semantics?

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Spike13 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
He is such a liar and coward. But nice to know he reads the slymepit.

Hi Dan! Your neck tattoo looks like a skin disease. Also, your book, Parenting Without God is such a disaster. Could you not afford an editor? Were not the hundreds of errors obvious? The content was trite, and immediately obvious to anybody that wasn't a reetard. I got a free copy, and feel like I over-paid.

Who the fuck is Dan Ariel? Before this tweet I never heard of him.

Neck tattoo? Why not just have "Ha!Ha! Fuck you future self!!" Tattooed on your forehead.
Don't have a clue who this wanker is, but he's obviously trying to raise his street cred with the other nobodies who think they are the "real atheist movement" by claiming the slymepit are threatened by his winklelectual superiorsorority.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Shatterface wrote:
Indeed.

Oh, and since Dan reads here, here is a polite message.

Dan Arel is a Fucking Shit Stain Who Secretly Likes Nazis!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Let's not get carried away. We wouldn't want to end up with protein on our faces.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Hey Dan thanks for reading ya faggot, please leave us a message explaining why we should harrass you.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Brive1987 wrote:
I backpacked to Gibraltar in the 1980s enroute to Morocco. It was hot (July) and there were no lockers (IRA) so we had to carry our full backpacks around all day. Plus I lost my camera there.

Interesting place though, nice view from the Rock and an interesting Napoleonic cemetery. What's fucking ironic is that Spain bitches and moans about Gib but has its own African enclave at Ceuta which Morocco bitches and moans about ......
never been to Gib, but i've eaten Dinner in Ceuta, chinese, at a little restaurant by the beach, because when you go to a spanish enclave, in N.Africa, you got to try something different, and broaden your palate. Fucking beautiful little place, would go back, i was only there on a stopover before heading off into other parts of N.Africa (RIF mountains).

Just back from Madrid a month ago, Spain is awesome, Madrid is stunning. Would go back, recommend every one goes there at least once, my hotel was directly opposite the Royal Palace (the largest one in Europe, having nearly 4000 rooms). The people in Madrid i found to be generally fantastic, I tended to find little local bars to eat and drink in rather than more obvious places.