Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
rayshul wrote:I can't remember the last time I threw a gay person off a building. Do you?
I do. Never the forget the shock on his face when I said, "Oh, you assumed the other kind of tosser!"
I once threw a fat gay guy off a bridge but that was to derail a trolley that would otherwise have killed six workmen.

A utilitarian said that would be okay.
What if the fat guy was Louis Armstrong and the six workmen were N Sync? They should ask that one.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
I once threw a fat gay guy off a bridge but that was to derail a trolley that would otherwise have killed six workmen.

Well, it worked out fine for him (assuming he was not the fat guy).

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

For something a little different, that's actually more of the same, Google 'Henrietta Lacks movie'.

Eg: https://www.eurweb.com/2017/03/oprah-hb ... ks-family/

When I saw the preview, I was aghast, but not surprised. The story of Henrietta Lacks needed to be told, I just wish any on Earth but Sloot wrote it. Analogy: Imagine HBO bought the rights to a Carrier book about Jesus. But instead of making a movie about Jesus, they make a movie about Carrier writing a book about Jesus, starring Changing Tatum.

Ugh.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Service Dog wrote:My 7th grade best friend was gay. Walking home we'd collect aluminum cans from the dumpster at the car wash & trade them in for nickels. Then go to the mall arcade & play Rampage. I admit I throwed him off many buildings. Anita Sarkeesian should put that game on her list.

[youtube][/youtube]

Or else we'd go to Chuck E. Cheese/ Showbiz Piza & get a small soda with unlimited refills & throw ice cubes at the animatronic band's kick drum & cymbals. Once I put half a gummy bear into a straw and blew it all the way across the table & it went right up his gay nose. And it was stuck & it didnt come-out until he started crying, so his nostril was wet enough to make the gummy slippery. Oh no, what if the gummy bear hitting his brain is what made him gay?! Then if a Muslim throws him off a building, it would really be my fault.

[youtube][/youtube]
Apropos of nothing much...

My only gay friend came out in his 30s, but we went to school together & actually met playing "Smear the Queer" in 7th grade.

Smear the Queer was an intergral pillar of my own native cis-het dudebro culture & was memoryholed by the usual suspects at some point. Basically, a bunch of Jr High boys tackle whomever has the Nerf football or wadded up piece of paper (the queer, presumably). You run & scramble until a swarm of virile, testosterone-laden young hardbodys manhandle you to the ground in a tangle of sweaty, panting male pubescent tension. Thusly humbled, you reluctantly throw the ball up in the air & the other boys scramble to be the next designated queer like a bunch of bridesmaids chasing after the bouquet. Man stuff.

One day I tackled Aaron a little too hard, he got pissed, & we scrapped. The principle made us stay in after lunch for a week instead of playing outside & we became friends. Aaron was a good ole' boy. Worked on hotrods, drank, brawled. Chubby redneck with a goofy sense of humor. Fun, silly fucker, but all man.

Years later I'd heard he came out. Everyone was kinda surprised but no one seemed to care. One day we bumped into eachother & he invited me by his place whenever to shoot the shit. A bit fruitier but the same old Aaron. Anyways, when I get there I immediately noticed a choice piece of decor. On the wall above the couch is a huge Confederate flag with the "13" & crossed sabers at the bottom. And on the back of the couch, leaning against the bottom of the flag near the sabers was a little stuffed gay pride rainbow pillow. Wish I had taken a picture. It was cool as fuck & totally him.

No point or punchline here. Carry on...

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Full spectrum gender inclusivity for January 2017 National Geographic magazine (humor)

-Soylent

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

shoutinghorse wrote:London News 2017 .. Read by an immodest whore.

[youtube][/youtube]

This alone caught me off guard:

A 451% rise in acid attacks across London. An increase of 70% since 2015. 30% took place in one district - Newham - with a 32% Muslim popoulation.

Big big problem in England. But not for the media that essentially ignores it. Don't know how it slipped through the PC filters at BBC. Heads will roll. Which is ironic, since we're talking about Muslims.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

A 451% rise in acid attacks across London. An increase of 70% since 2015. 30% took place in one district - Newham - with a 32% Muslim popoulation.

Big big problem in England. But not for the media that essentially ignores it. Don't know how it slipped through the PC filters at BBC. Heads will roll. Which is ironic, since we're talking about Muslims.
Make that 451 acid attacks, an increase of 70% since 2015.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

ERV wrote:For something a little different, that's actually more of the same, Google 'Henrietta Lacks movie'.

When I saw the preview, I was aghast, but not surprised. The story of Henrietta Lacks needed to be told, I just wish any on Earth but Sloot wrote it. Analogy: Imagine HBO bought the rights to a Carrier book about Jesus. But instead of making a movie about Jesus, they make a movie about Carrier writing a book about Jesus, starring Changing Tatum.

Ugh.
I saw the preview for this an hour ago and was coming here to post on it. I never finished the book. I was angry the journalist was making a controversy where none should exist-and invoking race and class. Johns Hopkins owes that family nothing. Researchers owe that family nothing. It's being portrayed as evil greedy scientists stealing this family's property and making millions of dollars from it. I'll probably watch the movie just to see if it's as bad as I think it's going to be.

katamari Damassi

I've been away from the pit binge watching Iron Fist and I missed a gay tossing party?

As for Iron Fist, I'd rate it as slightly better than the snail paced Luke Cage, and slightly worse than the weirdly uneven Daredevil season 2. Considering how bad the reviews were; I was pleasantly surprised-the exact opposite of the critical raves for Luke Cage.

Finn Jones was miscast. I don't think it would've been improved by casting an Asian dude, but by either getting an actor better at the fight choreography or by putting Finn in the Iron Fist costume so they could get a stunt double who can do martial arts.

The biggest problem is that it doesn't have an interesting villain. Daredevil season one had Fisk. Jessica Jones had David Tennant's Kilgrave. Luke Cage's Diamondback wasn't interesting. The Hand isn't interesting. Electra isn't interesting-and that actress was way worse than Finn Jones at fight choreography. Punisher is the only thing that saved DD s2 from being a snoozefest.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:I've been away from the pit binge watching Iron Fist and I missed a gay tossing party?

As for Iron Fist, I'd rate it as slightly better than the snail paced Luke Cage, and slightly worse than the weirdly uneven Daredevil season 2. Considering how bad the reviews were; I was pleasantly surprised-the exact opposite of the critical raves for Luke Cage.

Finn Jones was miscast. I don't think it would've been improved by casting an Asian dude, but by either getting an actor better at the fight choreography or by putting Finn in the Iron Fist costume so they could get a stunt double who can do martial arts.

The biggest problem is that it doesn't have an interesting villain. Daredevil season one had Fisk. Jessica Jones had David Tennant's Kilgrave. Luke Cage's Diamondback wasn't interesting. The Hand isn't interesting. Electra isn't interesting-and that actress was way worse than Finn Jones at fight choreography. Punisher is the only thing that saved DD s2 from being a snoozefest.
I've just started watching Iron Fist (2 eps in) and will give it a few more views before I give up on it. I found Luke Cage to be tedious and stopped watching after about 5 eps - his role in Jessica Jones suggested that his show would be better than it turned out to be. As for Iron Fist - I want decent martial arts fight choreography. It doesn't need to be fantastical wire work - his aikido moves on the guards in the first ep were ok. Mind you. I watched Kung Fu Panda 3 on Friday night, so maybe the bar has been set high.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Well done feminists, SJWs and lefty/libtards. Fucking cucks.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Well done feminists, SJWs and lefty/libtards. Fucking cucks.
What do you think about the white fabric covering her chest during certain segments. Pretty dodgy Not a true muslim. We need to listen more closely to Trump. True genies.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
rayshul wrote:I can't remember the last time I threw a gay person off a building. Do you?
I do. Never the forget the shock on his face when I said, "Oh, you assumed the other kind of tosser!"

I asked a postmodernist about this situation and she incensed by your use of a mathematical system which has aided the patriarchal and imperialist western powers in oppressing women and minorities since time immemorial.

She wasn't too worried about the fat guy though, since he was probably a white male, and therefore the entire western world is his safe space.

katamari Damassi

Shakesville is going full Church of Clintontology. It turns out that the prophecy was poorly interpreted. Hillary might not be the Kwisatz Femmerach, but Chelsea too has an astounding femichlorian count and could be the chosen one. The force runs strong along the X chromosome of that family.

katamari Damassi

Err... A lot of mixed references in my previous post.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
What do you think about the white fabric covering her chest during certain segments. Pretty dodgy Not a true muslim. We need to listen more closely to Trump. True genies.
I think white fabric would be a great fabric for covering up acid burns and what used to be someone's face. [/islamaphobia]

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

KiwiInOz wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:I've been away from the pit binge watching Iron Fist and I missed a gay tossing party?

I've just started watching Iron Fist (2 eps in) and will give it a few more views before I give up on it. I found Luke Cage to be tedious and stopped watching after about 5 eps - his role in Jessica Jones suggested that his show would be better than it turned out to be. As for Iron Fist - I want decent martial arts fight choreography. It doesn't need to be fantastical wire work - his aikido moves on the guards in the first ep were ok. Mind you. I watched Kung Fu Panda 3 on Friday night, so maybe the bar has been set high.

Knowing how to film action would help. This is a mess.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

My free version of Avast is giving me 'threat has been detected' alarm bells all night. It says the problem is 'Chrome.exe' except when I have Avast run a scan on the file it comes back clean. So I am not going to reinstall Chrome, I will just uninstall Avast and install AVG, because competition. Strange that Avast does not detect the AVG free software I am now downloading to replace Avast as a threat.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Knowing how to film action would help. This is a mess.

I just got over a bad case of Vertigo a few weeks ago (luckily just a clogged eustachion tube - nasal decongestant cured it). This atrocity may have just brought it back.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

katamari Damassi wrote:Err... A lot of mixed references in my previous post.
Yet it was a thing of beauty.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

MacGruberKnows wrote:I just got over a bad case of Vertigo a few weeks ago (luckily just a clogged eustachion tube - nasal decongestant cured it). This atrocity may have just brought it back.
Glad I could help.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:I just got over a bad case of Vertigo a few weeks ago (luckily just a clogged eustachion tube - nasal decongestant cured it). This atrocity may have just brought it back.
Glad I could help.
I think it's a case of digital editing making this kind of crap too easy to perpetrate. There were more cuts than punches. Fuck me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

God help me.

I am going on a two day strategy workshop session with the peak non exec committee for our members. The agenda is literally 330 pages long.

And this circus is In CANBERRA

The members, bless em, are a touch, how do we say this? Arty.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck..

The concept of vision (ie what would happen if you were successful in your goals). Mission - what is our role in helping you achieve your outcomes and key deliverable areas for this mission are fucking out there concepts for this mob.

Right now I'm sitting trapped on the runway in a storm lock-down waiting for a lightning bolt to put me out of my pain.

http://i.imgur.com/vJ6CK9e.jpg

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote: Knowing how to film action would help. This is a mess.
Almost makes a Christopher Nolan directed fight scene look competent in comparison. Almost...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jesus. That was close. I actually heard some sort of electrical flickering when that bolt hit at the same time as the clap. Girl next to me almost ended up in my lap. Good times.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Tigzy wrote:Okay, dunno how I ended up attributing Service's Dog's quote to Rayshul there, but it was SD who said that, not Rayshul. As would be clear from, you know, just scrolling up a bit. But, you know...the OCD thing. Just couldn't it it pass.
There was a moment where I was wondering what the fuck I'd been doing last night while drunk.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

katamari Damassi wrote:Shakesville is going full Church of Clintontology. It turns out that the prophecy was poorly interpreted. Hillary might not be the Kwisatz Femmerach, but Chelsea too has an astounding femichlorian count and could be the chosen one. The force runs strong along the X chromosome of that family.
While it's possible she's highly intelligent (don't really know one way or the other yet), Chelsea Clinton clearly hasn't inherited her father's charisma or her mother's steely determination and Machiavellian tendencies. With the Clinton name mud right now among party activists and the machine defunct, I'd say her chances of progressing beyond the House are tiny. She's lucky that her home district looks like it will have a vacancy in 2018, so she can have the appearance of an organic entrance. If they tried to parachute her in somewhere else, there would likely be open intra-party revolt against Clinton entitlement.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

katamari Damassi wrote:As for Iron Fist, I'd rate it as slightly better than the snail paced Luke Cage, and slightly worse than the weirdly uneven Daredevil season 2. Considering how bad the reviews were; I was pleasantly surprised-the exact opposite of the critical raves for Luke Cage.
Husband suggested they should have cast the mixed race dude who plays the drunken master (who was honestly fucking awesome). I don't mind Finn 'cos he looks dumb and gullible and that suits the character.

I hated Fisk in Daredevil (he talked like he was retarded and the whole show was about him going on fucking dates) but liked Daredevil season 1. Sort of liked Jessica Jones but didn't like the Kilgrave character, I swear to fuck I don't think Tennant is a great actor at all. Liked the first half of Luke Cage... right up until THAT MOMENT. YOu know what I'm talking about. But am enjoying Iron Fist. It's pleasantly inoffensive.

My favourite part of these Marvel series is Hogarth who is the fucking bomb. She owns every fucking scene she's in. I would watch the Hogarth show. Nice fucking example of genderwronging a character and making them actually fucking better.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

The cinematography is just as poor in conversation scenes. Actually that's a real fuck up in Iron Fist

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

rayshul wrote:The cinematography is just as poor in conversation scenes. Actually that's a real fuck up in Iron Fist
Hogarth is great. I've just watched Daughter of the Dragon in her threesome. Sort of ok mma.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Elevator scene. Go the Fist.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Steersman wrote:
Although I kind of still wonder where in the Quran it says that Muslims are to do what the Prophet (piss be upon him) did - if it's not there explicitly, I think it gives Muslims too much wiggle-room to let them off the hook. And, not to toot my own horn over-much, somewhat apropos of which:
The quran is not the sole authority in islam, and much or even most of what is in islam is from the hadiths and the sunnah. Only a tiny minority of muslims believes the quran is the sole authority in islam and in fact that belief is considered blasphemy by most, certainly sunni muslims. Some people that tried to advocate for "quran only islam" not only had to flee to western countries but were evn followed there and assassinated for their beliefs.
If someone wants to tell you that it isn't truly islamic if it isn't in the quran they are misrepresenting the vast majority of it's adherents. Apologists lie frequently.

https://islamqa.info/en/6586
True. But even the Qu'ran is full of vile passages. A "Qu'ran only" islam would still be terrible, and yes, justifying the stoning of LGBT people since that's what Allah did to the "people of Lot". There's nothing in the Qu'ran telling you that you shouldn't be doing what Allah did. As for the sunna there's plenty of passages where killing LGBT people is openly recommended especially in the Kitab Al-Hudud, the Book of Prescribed Punishments. An example:
Narrated by Abdullah ibn Abbas, Abu Dawud 4462 wrote:The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.
Also there actually IS a passage in the Quran about punishing homosexual men, it's only worded in a way that many apologists claim isn't about homosexual men. The most common interpretations are that it's about homosexual men:
Qu'ran, Sura 4, verses 15-16 wrote:And those of your women who commit illegal sexual intercourse, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them (i.e. women) to houses until death comes to them or Allah ordains for them some (other) way.

And if two among you commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both. And if they repent (promise Allah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allah is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, (and He is) Most Merciful.
The wording is ambiguous here, but since the verse 15 is about women who commit "illegal sexual intercourse", verse 16 is commonly interpreted as "two [men] among you", even though the word "men" isn't there in the original Arabic. There's a lot of quibbling about this passage but most interpreters think it's about punishment for homosexuality.

Regardless of the ambiguity most authoritative religious leaders in muslim countries are pro-killing or at least flogging of LGBT people, with the possible exception of Trans people in Iran. If you ask those leaders they'll tell you that punishment for homosexuality and other "deviations" is a divine law, and they'll cite passages the Qu'ran, not just the Sunan or other ahadith, to support their views.

Pro-gay or gay-neutral imams are incredibly rare, and largely confined to western countries, in which they're still often targeted. Public opinion in muslim countries is overwhelmingly against homosexuality, which large majorities of muslims find immoral.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Almost makes a Christopher Nolan directed fight scene look competent in comparison. Almost...
Best line from a Reddit thread about this scene: 'Death by 56 cuts". Some are trying to justify it as an homage to old chop-sockey movies, but not even close.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

In other news, we might not have Dave Rubin to kick around much longer ...

No word yet on whether or not it was "perfect" ....

But there might be some changes, blowing in the wind, on the shelf life of #fakenews:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Here's another thing about Iron Fist... like the reasons for shit to happen to people are kinda dumb. Like why are these dudes involved?

"I gave a homeless dude two bucks in the park oh well I guess I'm in for the long haul..."
"My personal trainer needed a wingman and whoops now I'm in fucking China..."

Gnnnn.

feathers

Post by feathers »

ERV wrote:For something a little different, that's actually more of the same, Google 'Henrietta Lacks movie'.

When I saw the preview, I was aghast, but not surprised. The story of Henrietta Lacks needed to be told, I just wish any on Earth but Sloot wrote it.
eurweb wrote:• Ms. Skloot used Lacks imposters to make money on speaking engagements.
Did she really do that? Unbelievable.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The fight scenes in Iron Fist are far better than in Luke Cage. Cage's fighting style is basically standing there while people break their fists on him.

I can't help thinking that much of the criticism of Iron Fist is coming from people who resent the fact it is the first TV series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that centres on an able-bodied, neurotypical white male. The others have all been about women (Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones), a blind man (Daredevil), a black guy (Luke Cage) or a schizophrenic (Legion). Even the supporting characters are Hispanic, junkies, or have PTSD.

Some of it reminds me of the British comedy Cuckoo. I wish they'd pushed that fish out of water aspect further.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

feathers wrote:

When I saw the preview, I was aghast, but not surprised. The story of Henrietta Lacks needed to be told, I just wish any on Earth but Sloot wrote it.
eurweb wrote:• Ms. Skloot used Lacks imposters to make money on speaking engagements.
Did she really do that? Unbelievable.
Something about two women claiming to be Henriettas granddaughters, but the Lack family has no idea who these women are. They've filed a report with the Baltimore police department. They told Sloot, she apparently doesn't care, because they are part of her act.

(Sloot left SciBlogs during PepsiGate, claiming her 'journalistic integrity' was at stake)

Tapir

Post by Tapir »

Look at this amazing woman.

She won her first international women’s weightlifting title in Australia breaking four national records in the process.

Her name is Laurel Hubbard.

http://i.imgur.com/owxrLip.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

katamari Damassi wrote:

Ugh.
I saw the preview for this an hour ago and was coming here to post on it. I never finished the book. I was angry the journalist was making a controversy where none should exist-and invoking race and class. Johns Hopkins owes that family nothing. Researchers owe that family nothing. It's being portrayed as evil greedy scientists stealing this family's property and making millions of dollars from it. I'll probably watch the movie just to see if it's as bad as I think it's going to be.
Its an important story that illustrates the evolution of medical science. It would be a fantastic 'teachable moment' for physicians and the general public to learn about informed consent. But they've turned it into cliche racist bullshit.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Either go with Dune or with Star Wars. You really can't have it both ways.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hunt wrote:
Either go with Dune or with Star Wars. You really can't have it both ways.
That kind of binary thinking has been debunked. I can't believe you went there when droids are refused service in cantinas because of the post-Trump Butlerian jihad and bantha worms are being murdered in the street.

feathers

Post by feathers »

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... el/520014/
Why Foreign Leaders Read Trump's 1990 Playboy Interview

In preparation for their White House visits, both Japanese and German officials studied the infamous feature for clues into the president’s thinking on world affairs.
So Merkel and Abe read Playboy for the interviews. Why of course.

feathers

Post by feathers »

For reasons I just tried to find the original footage of that infamous plane flying into the WTC, but all the search engines come up with is redacted gifs and films from conspiracy nutcakes. Page, after page, after page. History has been altered and erased not by an all-powerful State, but by utter morons.

I suggest a law whereby any conspirationalist can be imprisoned for a period of up to 48 hours, within which they have the chance to present substantial evidence of alleged conspiration, for absence of which after said period the prisoner will be executed, together with all of prisoner's Facebook friends for good measure.

Cast your votes.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

ERV wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

Ugh.
Its an important story that illustrates the evolution of medical science. It would be a fantastic 'teachable moment' for physicians and the general public to learn about informed consent. But they've turned it into cliche racist bullshit.
They should send the family a bill for granting Henrietta immortality.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Stop apologizing to me for mentioning Trump. I said that I don't care much, not that I'm annoyed. I still know how to skip a comment.

Anyway, for those who can read cheese-eating-surrender-monkey:

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/politique/em ... ]-[connexe]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

In English we call that feeling ennui.

Don't know what you would call in the French though.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

One of the usual criticisms of medical science is that test subjects tend to be white guys.

What if scientists come up with a cure for cancer but it only works on black women?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Stop apologizing to me for mentioning Trump.
I apologise for you mentioning Trump.

Marine Le Pen arrive en tête
"Marine le Pen comes in your face"

See, French is easy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Stop apologizing to me for mentioning Trump. I said that I don't care much, not that I'm annoyed. I still know how to skip a comment.

If I read this right LePen could have a plurality of the vote in most of the Eastern and Southern parts of France, while Macron seems to have a plurality in the western regions. Fillon seems the biggest loser of the recent events, especially after a political scandal about nepotism (he allegedly hired his wife for what has been described as a "fake job").

In the likely case of a run-off election LePen would probably be defeated, though, since most of those who prefer Fillon, Hamon or Melenchon would prefer Macron to la bête blonde.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote:
Best line from a Reddit thread about this scene: 'Death by 56 cuts". Some are trying to justify it as an homage to old chop-sockey movies, but not even close.
A Shaw Brothers homage would involve people with real skills fighting in that staged Peking Opera style. That would be great. Getting, say, Cynthia Rothrock to choreograph would help immensely. She still does action movies at 60 and would probably be within a TV show's budget. She's lost a step or two but could still wipe the floor with the lead actor. Hell, anything would be better than having to cut around the fact that the fight is totally unconvincing. And maybe hold the fight somewhere besides the empty box storage room.

This is a simple fight, nothing special, and works better:

[youtube][/youtube]

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface wrote:One of the usual criticisms of medical science is that test subjects tend to be white guys.

What if scientists come up with a cure for cancer but it only works on black women?
Such touching innocence! You obviously don't know that medical science discovered the cure for cancer (actually, cures for hundreds of completely unrelated cancers at any and all stages, and certainly in all races) decades ago. But, someone (Science, The Government, The Doctors, The Drug Companies, The Masons, The Illuminati, The Red-Headed League - at this point I might as well include with similar verisimilitude, Everyone Who Is Not The Patient) decided to withhold said cure for their own benefit, and thus all must die. When you stop giggling, know that this has been given to me as the explanation why an individual with a probably curable cancer chose to continue unproven, charlatan-provided (that would be a for-profit charlatan) non-treatment until the opportunity for cure was gone and eventually sending in a spouse to request a return to my care, if and only if, I proffered an apology for my earlier disbelief in their choices. I'm as soft-hearted as anyone can be for the weaknesses of human nature, but I do have this thing about truth and honesty. So someone else provided palliative care. Widowed spouse continues to talk to me icily when necessary, not knowing how colourfully I'm fantasising about using various ballistic and explosive means to curtail the uncomfortable conversation. No doubt she will be one of the ones who feel some satisfaction and superiority when my bone marrow claims me. Such is village life.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tapir wrote:Look at this amazing woman.

She won her first international women’s weightlifting title in Australia breaking four national records in the process.

Another nail in the coffin of professional women's sports.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh what a difference lack of a hyphen makes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Stop apologizing to me for mentioning Trump. I said that I don't care much, not that I'm annoyed. I still know how to skip a comment.
I'm sorry for apologizing.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

feathers wrote:For reasons I just tried to find the original footage of that infamous plane flying into the WTC, but all the search engines come up with is redacted gifs and films from conspiracy nutcakes. Page, after page, after page. History has been altered and erased not by an all-powerful State, but by utter morons.

I suggest a law whereby any conspirationalist can be imprisoned for a period of up to 48 hours, within which they have the chance to present substantial evidence of alleged conspiration, for absence of which after said period the prisoner will be executed, together with all of prisoner's Facebook friends for good measure.

Cast your votes.
Would that include claiming obama wiretapped your hotel?

[ x ] aye
[ } nay

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oops, I did it again. Sorry Phil.

[youtube][/youtube]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote:

Not really - she looks the same as 90% of NZ women.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:

Are there any recorded sightings of Laurel Hubbard before Garry Shandling 'died'?

dinkum

Post by dinkum »

screwtape wrote: When you stop giggling...
Nah. Got this from the parents when the old man was diagnosed. By the time they realized that the tablespoon-a-day industrial solvents and happy thoughts weren't working, he was breathing and eating through tubes. The chemo was moderately effective, but too late, and the eventual surgical recovery never kicked in and pneumonia and slow starvation finally took him down, about a year after diagnosis.

Mom still blames the chemo and goes on about that exact "the profits are in the treatment" shit, knowing full well how much it pisses me off. She's gonna blow a gasket when I roll the big C (my genetic deck is stacked hard) and have all the chemo treatments lined up on the bar like it's my fucking 21st birthday party.