The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
deLurch

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by deLurch »

Since the name has not yet hit any news print, and not yet widely spread, I am going to give the guy his last 24 hours of peace... or near as peace that one can have after shooting someone.

As to Tuvok's question, the shooter is a NRA activist. Likes Trump, Milo, Breitbart, Ben Shapario, Libertarian ideologies. One like for The Meninist on facebook, but that may be because he likes the humor. No sign that he is an "alt-righter" unless you use the SJW determination that his like of Breitbart, Trump & Milo makes him an "alt-righter."

The guy has a rather low key social media presence. I have not yet identified any userids on social media yet. Given that he is recently married, and graduated in a STEM field, he might actually have a life instead of an online life.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Keating wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
deLurch wrote:Yup, from the grassy knoll.
Texas Boob Repository.
Am I being gaslit, or were the nipples originally covered?
Standards, like knickers, are being lowered all over the place.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Oh, and if anyone is really dying to know, I am sure a reasonably intelligent person could use one bit of information I have already posted on the shooter in the past 24 hours to find him much easier than what it took me to find him.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:The week's This American Life starts with a story about deplorable internet 'trolls' celebrating Trump's victory. It seems designed to make the reporters seem hip-enough to show they Get It, while still fretting over whether trolls enable nazis... & all presented so those who dont already get-it will be stirred to panic.

The episode ends with federal bureaucrats openly admitting their plans to obstruct Trump's administration, by doing things like deleting all mention of global warming from records of their spending & activities concerning global warming. So if global warming wasnt a liberal conspiracy before... now it is.
She was white knuckling repressing her desire to scold. She does Godwin at one point in the interview though.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

deLurch said:

The guy has a rather low key social media presence. I have not yet identified any userids on social media yet. Given that he is recently married, and graduated in a STEM field, he might actually have a life instead of an online life.
If the claim of the victim IIRC was the shooter had used "tear gas" and that sparked the "victim" to do the assault that is apparent on the video, and that is true he could have his life become a lot less of a life. Like prison?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

free thoughtpolice wrote:deLurch said:

If the claim of the victim IIRC was the shooter had used "tear gas" and that sparked the "victim" to do the assault that is apparent on the video, and that is true he could have his life become a lot less of a life. Like prison?
Depends on who started what. Does it look like tear gas is being used? Did he mean pepper spray? Normally that stuff gets quite the reaction in a crowd.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote:Oh, and Milo's talk was fucking TERRIBLE.
Links available yet?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:deLurch said:

Depends on who started what. Does it look like tear gas is being used? Did he mean pepper spray? Normally that stuff gets quite the reaction in a crowd.
You bet. The crowd didn't react if that were the case.
What I've seen so far makes it look like self defense. That doesn't mean he isn't going to have his life changed regardless of the outcome.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Links available yet?
It was available on the same night: Milo starts around 39:00.

[youtube][/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ's anti Carrier gofundme is rolling. It's fun and high jinks until the Professor goes all ableist.
I’ve been fortunate in the past that the loons who’ve threatened to sue me have tended to collapse at the prospect of defending their absurdities
https://www.gofundme.com/defense-vs-carrier-slapp
5k so far.
Chipped in a bit myself, for the sake of freeze peach. Hope they don’t take it the wrong way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Lsuoma wrote:
Links available yet?
It was available on the same night: Milo starts around 39:00.

[youtube][/youtube]
Oh dear. Watsonesque levels of commitment to preparation. He's given me some good laughs thru the campaign, but now he is stuck: where does he go from here to sustain his humor, fame, and outrage? He has gone from wearing suits a few years ago to this video's green-feather half length jacket and constant knowing queerisms, so where to next with his image? Sure, it was outrageous and provocative when the real fight was on, but now it's all over? Now is the time for bigger issues, louder voices.

I can't see him managing to sustain his position in a post-Trump world. Hush up now, Milo, and please gag Alex Jones while you're at it.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Oh dear. Watsonesque levels of commitment to preparation. He's given me some good laughs thru the campaign, but now he is stuck: where does he go from here to sustain his humor, fame, and outrage? He has gone from wearing suits a few years ago to this video's green-feather half length jacket and constant knowing queerisms, so where to next with his image? Sure, it was outrageous and provocative when the real fight was on, but now it's all over? Now is the time for bigger issues, louder voices.

I can't see him managing to sustain his position in a post-Trump world. Hush up now, Milo, and please gag Alex Jones while you're at it.
To be fair, Milo has a team of interns on his bus who do his slideshows and stuff for him and he actually prepares talks on different topics for each stop.

This particular talk began very, very late because there was a riot and shooting outside. He's also very easily distracted by protesters smearing paint on themselves, pulling fire alarms and heckling him.

But I do think he has at least a 45 minute powerpoint for each talk around which he bullshits.

Not saying he's the most prepared speaker ever, just not Watsonesque. And Watson doesn't have a team.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

I am leaving this here without comment...
crowds_sm - Copy.jpg
(389.79 KiB) Downloaded 684 times

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

So people who put more jobs, better jobs are the pariah of the new left. The 'brogressives'? If this is the future of the Democratic Party, it is the death of the Democratic Party.

Notice how the new left can make bumper sticker slogans out of complex issues as good as the far right can? Black and white thinking will do that for you.

What's the difference between Detroit black neighborhoods now and those same black neighborhoods 40 and 50 years ago?

Jobs! Lot's of good paying jobs versus no good paying jobs.

That's what lot's of good jobs will do for POC, and everyone else.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/60 ... 825394.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/ ... 10_won.jpg

Well I'll be a Nazi rat bastard, that's what jobs will do for you. And everyone.

Somebody sucker-punch me.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:

To be fair, Milo has a team of interns on his bus who do his slideshows and stuff for him and he actually prepares talks on different topics for each stop.

This particular talk began very, very late because there was a riot and shooting outside. He's also very easily distracted by protesters smearing paint on themselves, pulling fire alarms and heckling him.

But I do think he has at least a 45 minute powerpoint for each talk around which he bullshits.

Not saying he's the most prepared speaker ever, just not Watsonesque. And Watson doesn't have a team.
Okay, Watsonesque was a step too far. A drunken, boob-flashing, man-leeching step too far.

But what now for Milo? How to continue teasing certain groups into outrage when we have reached peak SJW meme with the dumpy chick in the yellow jacket who looked to make sure the camera was on her before screaming the famous "nnnnnnnnoooooooo"? I long for the time when a self-righteous middle class cunt would throw a bottle of piss at Lauren Southern and then scurry away like a scalded rat. I fear those halcyon days are gone forever.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

d4m10n wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:PZ's anti Carrier gofundme is rolling. It's fun and high jinks until the Professor goes all ableist.
I’ve been fortunate in the past that the loons who’ve threatened to sue me have tended to collapse at the prospect of defending their absurdities
https://www.gofundme.com/defense-vs-carrier-slapp
5k so far.
Chipped in a bit myself, for the sake of freeze peach. Hope they don’t take it the wrong way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh ffs, I hope you valued their speech at market rates.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... CAKUuZiWPA

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bwhahah. The new strong man of the left.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I sent that to DJ per a recent exchange.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm fucking loving Trump so far, I got to say.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

He's pretty much put the 'pit out of trolling business. We be owned.

Today's triggers were brought to you by racism squared, police violence and Fox News.

"Hail to the chief he's the one we all say heil to"

:lol: :lol:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Bombing the shit out of ISIS too. Can't fault that.

...can we?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul wrote:Bombing the shit out of ISIS too. Can't fault that.

...can we?
Oh I suspect we are on the same team Rayshul.

:popcorn: :burn:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd read:
Professor Michelle Simmons, a professor of quantum physics at the University of NSW, has expressed her horror at the "feminised" nature of the HSC physics curriculum.
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-te ... txoi2.html

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:I'd say that millennials were severely screwed over. They were promised great things while there was no real chance of all of them getting them. This breeds resentment and it's understandable, not entitlement. Some are entitled but it's silver spoon children like Brianna Wu (she was given 200,000 to create games, now that's a huge privilege!) or the cunt who started the Mizzou protests over the shit swastika and chanted "we have nothing to lose but our chains", Jonathan Butler (son of a millionaire, very privileged indeed).

Most low-level SJWs aren't this privileged and entitled. SJ activism isn't the solution to their problems, though.
I wouldn't say that they were 'severely screwed over', as I'm not certain what great things they were promised although I can think of one: they were somehow hoodwinked into thinking that worthless pseudoscientific social sciences studies would automatically yield them a job and respect. Whomever promised them that should undergo a complete brainwash and be 'allowed' to complete a gender studies curriculum to get his/her career rebooted.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Kirbmarc wrote:True privilege is economic privilege. If your parents can give you 200,000 dollars or are millionaires you're extremely privileged, any claim of oppression is laughably ridiculous. At worst people can call you names but your parents can probably afford to sue them if you get witnesses. Or you get mean comments on the internet, oh the horror.
I think they (wilfully) conflate things like 'suppression' and 'discrimination'. SJWs are not very good with dictionaries and semantics.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Brive1987 wrote:Here's a sentence I never thought I'd read:
Professor Michelle Simmons, a professor of quantum physics at the University of NSW, has expressed her horror at the "feminised" nature of the HSC physics curriculum.
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-te ... txoi2.html
Sydney Morning Herald wrote:A spokesman for the NSW Education Standards Authority (formerly BOSTES) said the new HSC science curriculum will commence in 2018.

He said: "The new courses address the exact concerns expressed by Professor Simmons.

"The physics and chemistry courses will have a greater focus on mathematical applications."

He also said there will be a reduction in the sociology-based content and an emphasis on practical investigations.
So, American parents concerned with real science should send their kids to New South Wales.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I can't wait for this game to come out!

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is my memory correct that Sara Mayhew was once great with child?

What happened with that?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

http://www.scientistsmarchonwashington.com/?m=1

I'm kind of waiting for the Pool Guy's March on Washington.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Really? wrote:

Okay, Watsonesque was a step too far. A drunken, boob-flashing, man-leeching step too far.

But what now for Milo? How to continue teasing certain groups into outrage when we have reached peak SJW meme with the dumpy chick in the yellow jacket who looked to make sure the camera was on her before screaming the famous "nnnnnnnnoooooooo"? I long for the time when a self-righteous middle class cunt would throw a bottle of piss at Lauren Southern and then scurry away like a scalded rat. I fear those halcyon days are gone forever.

Peak SJW meme? Oh my friend, you so underestimate their ability to create cringe meme's...

I think we are on the cusp of a golden age.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Bhurzum wrote:Looks like the krauts are up to their old tricks again...

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9822 ... y-of-truth

http://images.memes.com/meme/1081211
If there is any truth to this, I can't think of a better way to create a strong and activist right wing.

From r research see:Steisand effect, also Greek tragedies. They go over this material in detail.

This could also be called "how to bring about the very things you seek to avoid"

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Hunt wrote:http://www.scientistsmarchonwashington.com/?m=1

I'm kind of waiting for the Pool Guy's March on Washington.
Lol! Nobody cares what scientists think! Never have never will.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Spike13 wrote:If there is any truth to this, I can't think of a better way to create a strong and activist right wing.
To be fair, the Gatestone institute, after a 5 minute google-fu session, appears to be a pretty far-right "think tank" with a patchy track record. However, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this was 100% factual.

:popcorn:

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

just got through a Nor'easter very nicely.

Apparently Morher Gia wasn't too happy about Predident Trump either, true to SJW form all she mustered up was a lot of wind, tears and no real lasting effect.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Douglas Murray, whose work I have high regard for, also writes for the Gatestone Institute. That gives me a fairly high, although not absolute, regard for what they say.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Fresh story from the Guardian on the Milo shooting event.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... =edit_2221

Nothing too new, and nothing that has not been stated on this board before.

Sections of interest from the article:
“My client [the shootee] isn’t interested in using the apparatus of the state to punish the individual,” Lippek said. “He’d like to engage in dialogue and a restorative justice process.”
The victim is a member of the Industrial Workers of the World, a leftwing union, who attended the protest “to oppose Milo’s hateful speech”, according to a statement from the IWW. The union said that the victim is a 34-year-old man and “long-time anti-racist and anti-fascist activist” who was “unarmed and attempting to de-escalate conflict” when he was shot.
As for the apples to apples comparison on court records in the State of Washington, there are two records for Mr. Yellow Hat as a defendant from 2010 & 2012. No clue what they are for, but they are different types of cases from the court record numbering scheme. I can't find out without ponying up some bucks & registering that I requested that information.

As far as his name spread goes, it is slowly making inroads on twitter amoungst the self-proclaimed anti-fa (anti-fascist) activists. The progressive anti-fa anti-Israel/pro-palistine jewish blogger who posted his name is pushing it hard. But it has yet to catch on without more notable blogs or afixture to a significant twitter hashtag. Nobody listens to or follows the anti-fa assholes.

Mr. Yellow Hat has finally cleaned up his facebook account so you can no longer see his friends & likes. I saved an archive of that information that I will share here after Mr. Yellow Hat's name has become essentially public knowledge.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D

Post by John D »

rayshul wrote:I'm fucking loving Trump so far, I got to say.
Wow. I gotta say that, other than the stupid "biggest crowd ever" lies, I like most of what Trump has done.

So far, I only fault him for the anti-abortion rule about foreign donations. I totally disagree with this rule.

But, if he keep this up I am going to lose some friends. Everyone I know (family, friends, etc.) have heart attacks when I say I think DeVos will do some good things. It is like I am stabbing them in the heart. They RAGE at me over this. I can't even discuss it.

I have a theory about Trump and his lies. I think he plays these lies to feed the stupid people and talk radio a simple story. It is like what he did with Obama's birth certificate. He played that story for years and years. He will do the same with the voter fraud lies. He will keep this story on Fox and talk radio until the next election. I just don't know if he is this smart.... or if he really believes what he says regarding fraud. He is very hard to predict.

I watched both the CBS News and PBS News last night. They are so left leaning that I can barely watch. WTF?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D wrote:So far, I only fault him for the anti-abortion rule about foreign donations. I totally disagree with this rule.
On one end I don't like his position. But he did not enact that domestically.

The way I look at it, he was given an excuse to stop giving US tax dollars to foreign causes so he took it. America First. If he does the same thing to planned parenthood or domestic educational efforts, I will have a much bigger problem with it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Clickbait article by the Daily Flail on Youtube troll (she might believe what she babbles about for all I know) Jenny McDermott as twatted by Ally Fogg.
If this was a penis bearer arguing for killing women cue a different reaction? Need a better class of troll step up IMO. Moar Godfrey Elfwick for starters.

Whatever Man. Fuck. (Die Antwoord)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

As to the "voter fraud lies," I suspect there is voter fraud. Some illegals voting. People voting on dead people's tickets. Some small districts intentionally scamming. The only questions are how widespread is it, and is it enough to sway an election?

Take a look at Detroit Michigan. Maybe it is a poll worker training issue. Maybe their is outright fraud. I want to know.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/p ... /95363314/

I want to be assured that we have honest campaigns. I want random testing of precincts. I want audits of outlying precincts. I want voter verified paper records for every vote. I want voter fraud to be taken seriously.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Does anyone know what these circle & 3 45 degree arrows symbols stand for?

The first is from a transfeminist. Both identify as AntiFa (Anti-Facists).

http://i.imgur.com/sjtKZLS.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I Noticed that the image Peezy and the 'Tards are using for their begging has been edited the US flag.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 5940fc.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

AndrewV69 wrote:Clickbait article by the Daily Flail on Youtube troll (she might believe what she babbles about for all I know) Jenny McDermott as twatted by Ally Fogg.
If this was a penis bearer arguing for killing women cue a different reaction? Need a better class of troll step up IMO. Moar Godfrey Elfwick for starters.

Whatever Man. Fuck. (Die Antwoord)
'The 33-year-old, who -'

No fuckin way! :o

McDerp will love this. She gets a fuckton of the 'look at meeeee!' she so clearly thirsts for, plus can claim some victim points on account of being 'exposed' by notorious right-wing fascist racist blah blah rag, the Daily Mail. Should've ignored the donkey-faced, brain dead bint.

Thirty-three though. Fuck me. Maybe the girl really has had as rough a life as she claims. :lol:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

John D wrote:
rayshul wrote:I'm fucking loving Trump so far, I got to say.
I have a theory about Trump and his lies. I think he plays these lies to feed the stupid people and talk radio a simple story. It is like what he did with Obama's birth certificate. He played that story for years and years. He will do the same with the voter fraud lies. He will keep this story on Fox and talk radio until the next election. I just don't know if he is this smart.... or if he really believes what he says regarding fraud. He is very hard to predict.

I watched both the CBS News and PBS News last night. They are so left leaning that I can barely watch. WTF?
Mark Bowden (Blackhawk Down, Killing Pablo, among others) profiled trump for Playboy over twenty years ago. He's an interesting source because of his experience in interviewing a broad number of people for his books, from soldiers to cartel members, and he does not like Donald.

There's a Vanity Fair piece here:
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/ ... oy-profile

Whatever you make of Bowden, I think his observations resonate:
As I’ve watched his improbable political rise, it is clear that he hasn’t changed. The very things that made him so unappealing apparently now translate into wide popular support. Apart from the comical ego, the errors, and the self-serving bluster, what you get from Trump are commonplace ideas pronounced as received wisdom. Begin registering all Muslims in America? Round up the families of suspected terrorists? Ban all Muslims from entering the country? Carpet-bomb ISIS-held territories in Iraq (killing the 98-plus percent of civilians who are, in effect, being held hostage there by the terror group and turning a war against a tiny fraction of the world’s Muslims into a global religious crusade)? Using nuclear weapons? The ideas that pop into his head are the same ones that occur to any teenager angry about terror attacks. They appeal to anyone who can’t be bothered to think them through—can’t be bothered to ask not just the moral questions but the all-important practical one: Will doing this makes things better or worse? When you believe in your own genius, you don’t question your own flashes of inspiration.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Bhurzum wrote:Looks like the krauts are up to their old tricks again...

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9822 ... y-of-truth

http://images.memes.com/meme/1081211
Spike13 wrote:If there is any truth to this, I can't think of a better way to create a strong and activist right wing.

From r research see:Steisand effect, also Greek tragedies. They go over this material in detail.

This could also be called "how to bring about the very things you seek to avoid"
Keating wrote:Douglas Murray, whose work I have high regard for, also writes for the Gatestone Institute. That gives me a fairly high, although not absolute, regard for what they say.
Everything is perfect in Krautland, and I'm not saying this because of the Black Volkswagens that are seen in every neighbourhood now. Public TV say they are only inspecting the telephone cables and look for a good place for a statue.

Other than that, what you write is completely detached from reality. There is already a Breivik/Trump/Brexit/Neofascist populist right wing and genuine islamophobe movement called Pegida, and their party called AFD, Alternative für Deutschland. They're Alt Right, love Alternative Facts (Spinning Dancers and all) and are your typical self-appointed Crusaders of the West, part with a Christian, part with a secular Neoliberal veneer who also dispute climate change -- somehow this comes in a bundle, it seems.

Unlike the fake news insist, this party came out of nowhere, was extraordinarily successful and are now on an afterburner since their far right turn. Merkel's conservative coalition is very centrist and EU friendly, and had opened a flank on their right of "euro-skeptics" and nationalists which the AFD could gobble up. They then quickly realized that there's potential to gather other fringe votes from various reactionaries and even neo fascists (who are traditionally tied up in their own insignificant party). In my estimation, the AFD used up its fuel, but the more traditional media is not capable to deal with it, just as it is with Trump. Though unimportant facists in wigs (or toupees), their success and online footprint made them appear on the stage. Traditional media, unable to comprehend online "news" now treats them as real "news" and gives them free airtime. The AFD (and their views) are about as suppressed and invisible as Trump is in the media, which is about the same as the Christian persecution in the USA, which I heard is terrible. How many people did Obama feed to lions? Speaking of him. I've read in your news that when he flew away into the sunset, he's now personally on a mission and is coming to take away your guns. Watch out!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: I'm looking for another game to get into, but none are as visually pleasing. Oh well, NMS was really nice while it lasted. I had a lot of fun until the problem of Sony's changed storylines ruined it for me.

Welcome back.

Have you looked at the Kerbal Space Program? Check out the Kerbal space station beta if you do.
I'm not really back, still just vanity searching most of the time. Like an ex-lover who calls you and gets maudlin a couple of times a year when drunk, lol.

Thanks for the game url. The graphics don't do it for me though. I don't think any other program's graphics are good enough for me now after NMS. They've ruined me for all other games. Oh well, at least there was one game that did it for me. If it weren't for NMS, there'd have been none that good. Better to have loved a game and then lost it, then to never have loved a game at all. :)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

A new and horrible term has been coined.

Hamspreading.

https://i.imgtc.com/1q998hL.jpg

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Ice Cube is looking rather sheepish on the left there, not his finest hour?!

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

deLurch wrote:As to the "voter fraud lies," I suspect there is voter fraud. Some illegals voting. People voting on dead people's tickets. Some small districts intentionally scamming. The only questions are how widespread is it, and is it enough to sway an election?

Take a look at Detroit Michigan. Maybe it is a poll worker training issue. Maybe their is outright fraud. I want to know.

I want to be assured that we have honest campaigns. I want random testing of precincts. I want audits of outlying precincts. I want voter verified paper records for every vote. I want voter fraud to be taken seriously.
Most of the big cities have machines and power brokers. Do the machines engage in a bit of fraud? I'm sure they do what they can get away with. You don't need huge amounts of fraud to turn most elections.( local)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AndrewV69 wrote:Yo! Scented Nectar. Attention:
LOLOLOLOL. If that were true, I'd like Trump even more. But no one can be that perfect, and all his other perfect stuff would make that just too much perfection. Not that I want him to stop winning, though. :)

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

deLurch wrote:As to the "voter fraud lies," I suspect there is voter fraud. Some illegals voting. People voting on dead people's tickets. Some small districts intentionally scamming. The only questions are how widespread is it, and is it enough to sway an election?

Personal story, and this is in Canada, which has a more centralized and much more organized voting structure than exists in America.

My wife is from America, she moved here, is now a citizen. But before she was a citizen, every election they'd send her a voter card. In Canada, we get these cards that tell us we're on the rolls and where we vote at and when. Take the card and ID (yes, Canada requires ID to vote) to that place and boom. You vote.

Only thing..my wife wasn't eligible to vote. She wasn't a citizen at that point.

If this happened in Canada, there's zero doubt in my mind it happens in the US. Now to what extent? I don't know. But I'm pretty much positive that it had to have happened. I wouldn't even be shocked if Trump is closer to right than wrong on this. Again, this is probably state to state..but...

Would anybody be shocked if California, as an example, was very lax in terms of checking citizenship requirements for voting?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

AndrewV69 wrote:Clickbait article by the Daily Flail on Youtube troll (she might believe what she babbles about for all I know) Jenny McDermott as twatted by Ally Fogg.
Remember when PZ Myers cited Jenny McDermott, in an unironic way.

:lol:

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Actually, now that I think about it, what if Ivanka voted illegally at some point, or had the opportunity to? I'm not throwing her under the bus even if she did. Maybe she didn't understand the rules and nobody bothered to tell her. But if she voted illegally, or had the opportunity to, then certainly Trump would have more experience with this than most other politicians.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

One thing I don't get about the US is why you're not required to show some sort of ID before voting. I've been told that not all people have ID, that (for example) poor people don't have a car and so have no driver licence, don't have a passport or a social security card or any other common form of identification, and students also lack IDs.

Maybe there's something I simply don't understand, but why don't you just issue ID cards for everyone? In most of Europe you're pretty much required by law to have an ID card once you're an adult, and in many cases even before. This would solve the problem of having to get a driver licence in order to have an ID. Again, maybe there's something I'm missing here.