CHRISTMAS BEGUN, in ten minutes.
WOOHOO

rayshul

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by rayshul »

VickyCaramel wrote:
rayshul wrote:CHRISTMAS COMPLETED.
New Year level unlocked?
Got to get through boxing day first. OH THE SALADS I WILL MAKE FROM THE REMAINS OF THE CHRISTMASSING.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Bacon, eggs and Buck's fizz done.
About to open presents.
[youtube][/youtube]

Keating

Post by Keating »

I had a pretty ordinary day. When I was in uni, I put everyone in my immediate family on a private email server, running out of my room. At the time, I loved playing around with Unix and distributions. 15 years later, and I'm pretty bored with it, and put off running security updates and keeping things going, partly because it's still at my parents'. So today I spent too many hours trying to patch and maintain the server while watching my sister play video games. I think I should start looking to get off this train.

The food and company were great though!

Hope you fuckers had/are having a great Christmas!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

No word from Brive yet.

I guess he is still sleeping off his Christmas Dinner

MadGav

Post by MadGav »

Merry Christmas, you glorious reprobates!

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Merry Christmas Pit! Go don your gay apparel.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

katamari Damassi wrote:Merry Christmas Pit! Go don your gay apparel.
http://arnoldzwicky.s3.amazonaws.com/ToFSanta.jpeg

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Merry Christmas you cunts

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

katamari Damassi wrote:Merry Christmas Pit! Go don your gay apparel.
*hic* Merry fuggin' *hic* Christmash y'fuggin' bashtardsh *hic*

http://tosh.cc.com/blog/files/2016/01/B ... otsman.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:No word from Brive yet.

I guess he is still sleeping off his Christmas Dinner

We had a day replete with a stressed out wife, distressed relatives (first xmas since my wife's sister's death) and a ubiquitous polish girlfriend in the wings.

But the turkey was good.

Oh we also set the table cloth on fire with the flaming pudding - and my drunken "fire fire fire" didn't help. Neither did my followup quip about Turkish soldiers.

Now on to New Year !

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ's continued butt hurt over Trump is a wonder to behold.

And he is spending Xmas alone in his dark house.

That's my tidings of wonder and joy.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:
Sunder wrote:Minor Christmas rant: I actually very much enjoy the holidays, or try to. Schmaltzy music and Charlie Brown/Rankin Bass specials never seem to get old for me.

But the one thing that ruins the holidays is that one relative who is insistent upon micro-managing the rest of the family's holiday. If we're not all scrambling and working on something right to the last second, we're not doing Christmas right. The fact that everyone else in the entire family but her just wants to get together, sit on our asses, and have a bit of chat with the television as background noise always fails to register.
You know what you have to do.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e3/ ... lH_101.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hunt wrote:BTW, the reason we don't play "Do they know it's Xmas" anymore is the line "Feed the world". We don't want to be reminded that we're all too fat already. If we could get a version with the line changed to "Diet sensibly" it would be a retro hit.
Macc Lads got it right:

[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Happy Holidays to all Pitizens, even comhcinc and the Steersbot!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Happy holidays, everyone. Here's to another GLORIOUS year exposing, humiliating, pointing and laughing at, demolishing SJWs and Baboons, and generally making them cry salt tears of pain.

John D

Post by John D »

Merry Christmas pit. It has been a very entertaining year. People have behaved just a poorly as I expect.

I consider myself a Christian atheist. I do a bunch of the Christian stuff. Silent night is one of my favorite songs.

My atheist daughter likes to set up a manger scene every Xmas. After all, who doesn't love babies?

We put up a tree every year and pack gifts under it.... and then we open stuff when we can get together.

I don't feel like I have to be strict with timing. So, I celebrated Xmas with my youngest and her boyfriend on Friday. I went to some excess and bought the expensive Angus Beef New York Strip steaks. I grilled them perfectly. It was one of the best steaks I ever ate. Very nice. The taters and salad were also perfect and we enjoyed each others company and enjoyed our perfect steak.

My oldest daughter lives in Marquette which is an 8 hour drive north of me. She will come down here on the 6th and we will celebrate then. I wonder what I will cook.

Today, my wife and I will pick up her sister and go to a movie. Her sister has heart disease and diabetes. She lost her left leg from the diabetes so it is hard for her to get out. She drives us up the wall, but we see her once a week or so.

Merry Xmas to all.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:PZ's continued butt hurt over Trump is a wonder to behold.

And he is spending Xmas alone in his dark house.

That's my tidings of wonder and joy.
Contact with other humans is overrated.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Really? wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted, but here's a copy of Carrier's latest filing in his lawsuit - Brief in Opposition to the Motion to Dismiss. Filed 12/22/16.

http://docdro.id/ZKSyLON
Wait a minute. On page 5, Carrier asserts that the FTBOrbit statements harmed several ventures that he was engaging in with or through Camp Quest. Hasn't he said his only involvement was as a donor?

Even though we found evidence to the contrary? His story changed again.
By "Hasn't he said his only involvement was as a donor?", do you mean monetarily or spermatically? Or a combination of the two? And I do not mean this in the facepalm way but rather in the facewipe way. Or maybe both.
Not that I wasn't already convinced everyone involved was lying through their teeth, but it is terribly amusing to see Carrier admit it in legal documents.

And Merry Christmas to all you shitlords! It's been one interesting year.

:hankey:

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

John D wrote: My atheist daughter likes to set up a manger scene every Xmas. After all, who doesn't love babies?
Well, some don't
[youtube][/youtube]

dogen

Post by dogen »

Hunt wrote:I know, right? They can't even flush their shit down the toilets the right way.

[youtube][/youtube]
I'd be happy to discuss the physics of this, if anyone wants. Otherwise, I'll just leave y'all with a piece of Finnish Xmas cheer:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mqXKLwfmFbQ/T ... Santa2.jpg

(yes, it's Sunday, but I can't recall having seen Tom on Friday).

Happy Christmas everyone!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm not actively on Tinder lately, so I was surprised to hear my phone chime 5 times, the evening of the 23rd, a record number of new matches. The women were all-American white young professional types, healthy, well-groomed, big smiles. Not 'urban' or 'sub-culture' looking, or very 'cool'. Clearly their holiday vacations had begun, breaking the routine of their jobs, landing them home in expensive un-shared apartments, all alone. I had swiped 'yes' to them months-ago, so-- to match now-- means Tinder & dating are rarely a priority in their lives. But now, 2 or 3, were even motivated-enough to initiate the first message. (A paltry 'hey.' But still: that's a rarity.)

My reaction was mixed & a bit ugly. I was pleased that my cup runneth over with selection-- & the possibility that I might never involuntarily spend a future holiday alone. I was spitefully happy to see these have-it-all chicks expose vulnerability: the perfect little lives they've built-- with no room or concern for me-- are apparently missing something, after all. I kinda wished them ill-- hoping that shopping for companionship like a last minute gift, would backfire-- so they might, well, 'check their privilege', I suppose. On the other hand, nothing prevented their Before Tinder predecessors from spending lonely white-collar-girl Xmases in self-indulgent self-pity, adding fuel to their magazine-article culture of imagined victimhood. So maybe getting exactly what they want on Tinder-- a dude delivered like a pizza-- is the best way to make them appreciate the value of doods, in general.

My reaction mostly reflects on how my own twisted brain works, of course. But the initial phenomenon of high status chicks stuck last-minute without company-- seems real & noteworthy.

Aneris

Re: Coriolis in the Toilet

Post by Aneris »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Preview doesn't show the videos. In case they don't work, here's both videos on a page to play them at once, as instructed: http://www.smartereveryday.com/toiletswirl

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Aneris wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Preview doesn't show the videos. In case they don't work, here's both videos on a page to play them at once, as instructed: http://www.smartereveryday.com/toiletswirl
Learn how to make a youtube link work. Then worry about the coriolis effect. Until then, FLOOSH!

Or as they would have to say in Ozzieland and NZ, !HSOOLF

Did you get that, or do I have to get that scientist DeadHead the Nerd to explain it to you?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

All that I can say about Carrier's response to the motion to dismiss is that filing cost him some money. That it refers to him by his title and to the defendants by last name only is not atypical.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Billie from Ockham wrote:All that I can say about Carrier's response to the motion to dismiss is that filing cost him some money. That it refers to him by his title and to the defendants by last name only is not atypical.
I would like to know what the SSA/Camp Quest investigations revealed. I can't recall at the moment if Carrier said so in a sworn document or only on his blog, but he did say that the Facebook notification about him working with Camp Quest was a magical mystery and he had no relationship with them other than donating and talking them up on his blog.

This whole hilarity was set in motion when Skiba saw he would be working with Camp Quest. And it must have pissed her off to find out that Carrier was still doing talks for SSA after her harassment complaint. In this new filing, it says that Skiba emailed the Florida SSA chapter where Carrier spoke to get details.

I can't wait to see how PZ's shitlord gamergator MRA lawyer responds.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Aneris wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

I changed your links from http:// to https:// and that appeared to fix it.

windy

Post by windy »

Merry Christmas pitters. It seems that 2016 still hasn't finished with killing musicians. RIP, Red Army Choir (a large part of it, anyway):
A Russian military plane carrying 92 people, including dozens of Red Army Choir singers, dancers and orchestra members, crashed into the Black Sea on its way to Syria on Sunday, killing everyone on board, Russian authorities said.
[youtube][/youtube]

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

jet_lagg wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Really? wrote:<quote="CuntajusRationality">Not sure if this has already been posted, but here's a copy of Carrier's latest filing in his lawsuit - Brief in Opposition to the Motion to Dismiss. Filed 12/22/16.

http://docdro.id/ZKSyLON</quote>

Wait a minute. On page 5, Carrier asserts that the FTBOrbit statements harmed several ventures that he was engaging in with or through Camp Quest. Hasn't he said his only involvement was as a donor?

Even though we found evidence to the contrary? His story changed again.
By "Hasn't he said his only involvement was as a donor?", do you mean monetarily or spermatically? Or a combination of the two? And I do not mean this in the facepalm way but rather in the facewipe way. Or maybe both.
Not that I wasn't already convinced everyone involved was lying through their teeth, but it is terribly amusing to see Carrier admit it in legal documents.
It may be useful to have his shameless lying exposed for all to see. In his Brief, Carrier's lawyer writes:
Also owing to Defendants'wrongful conduct, Camp Quest suspended several of Dr. Carrier's promotional and business projects, including an educational game, a science experiment expected to generate considerable publicity and a peer reviewed academic journal publication expected to advance the Plaintiff's professional reputation.
On the other hand, Dr. Richard Carrier PhD wrote on 15 June 2016:
As Camp Quest and all its affiliates will confirm, I’ve never worked for Camp Quest nor have there ever been any plans that I would. I’m also not doing any volunteer work for them this year. I haven’t in years.
Still, I'm curious what kind of "science experiment expected to generate considerable publicity" they had in mind. Would it have involved the interactions of semen with young female students' faces? Extra laughs for the "Peer reviewed academic journal publication" – the spunky monkey is truly pathologically obsessed with peer review.

Really?

Post by Really? »

On page 94, we learn that Carrier took over the apartment of Metskas's "metamour". I found that amusing.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:Still, I'm curious what kind of "science experiment expected to generate considerable publicity" they had in mind. Would it have involved the interactions of semen with young female students' faces? Extra laughs for the "Peer reviewed academic journal publication" – the spunky monkey is truly pathologically obsessed with peer review.
I've published fifteen articles on peer reviewed journals. Carrier, eat your heart out. :lol:

(It's not really that much....that's Ze Joke).

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

windy wrote:Merry Christmas pitters. It seems that 2016 still hasn't finished with killing musicians. RIP, Red Army Choir (a large part of it, anyway):
A Russian military plane carrying 92 people, including dozens of Red Army Choir singers, dancers and orchestra members, crashed into the Black Sea on its way to Syria on Sunday, killing everyone on board, Russian authorities said.
Those are the guys who hacked Pharell Williams.

[youtube][/youtube]

Billie from Ockham

Jan Steen wrote:Still, I'm curious what kind of "science experiment expected to generate considerable publicity" they had in mind. Would it have involved the interactions of semen with young female students' faces? Extra laughs for the "Peer reviewed academic journal publication" – the spunky monkey is truly pathologically obsessed with peer review.
First, the "peer reviewed" shit surprised me, as I wouldn't think that the lawyer would use that label. I'm curious if Carrier insisted on it.

As to the "science experiment" ... if he wasn't getting informed consent in advance, that won't end up in any reputable journal. I wonder if he's aware of this. Maybe someone should ask him on Twitter.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
First, the "peer reviewed" shit surprised me, as I wouldn't think that the lawyer would use that label. I'm curious if Carrier insisted on it.

As to the "science experiment" ... if he wasn't getting informed consent in advance, that won't end up in any reputable journal. I wonder if he's aware of this. Maybe someone should ask him on Twitter.
I wonder if the lawyer doesn't care because the case and Carrier are so laughable. I am sure he likes the money. Though the money may be drying up because, as Carrier said, organizations like SSA and Camp Quest are his financial bread and butter.

And I am sure that Carrier ran his experiment by the proper board at his university.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Merry Cringemas! Steve should get extra points for his depiction of a stuffed toy of color on this one. Ichallenge anyone to watch this all the way through.
[youtube][/youtube]

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Malky wrote:You're not helping! :D But the point still stands - female "can produce ova" is not a present tense
To be fair though, it's difficult to have the possibility of producing ova unless you possess (present tense) a womb.

some guy

Post by some guy »

First, the "peer reviewed" shit surprised me, as I wouldn't think that the lawyer would use that label. I'm curious if Carrier insisted on it...
I'd be willing to bet Carrier was heavily involved in writing the final version of the filing. Both to save money, and because no lawyer could truly know as much about the law and scripting an effective answer to a MTD as Carrier. Maybe attorney writes the first draft, but the wording in many places has Carriers stamp all over it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

gurugeorge wrote:
Malky wrote:You're not helping! :D But the point still stands - female "can produce ova" is not a present tense
To be fair though, it's difficult to have the possibility of producing ova unless you possess (present tense) a womb.
How long do you have to have one for? Is rental an option?

Billie from Ockham

I could have sworn that human eggs come from ovaries....

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Just a wee light-hearted Christmas gift from me to thee...

http://www.dogshaming.com/

My favourite so far:

http://www.dogshaming.com/wp-content/up ... 37x720.jpg

Malky

Post by Malky »

gurugeorge wrote:

This is incorrect - if the ovaries are not removed ovulation will still occur

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hysterecto ... tions.aspx

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Re: that Russian plane crash....no mayday or emergency message from the crew. Strange that.

Malky

Post by Malky »

With regard to identity politics I found the following interview amusing:

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Campus ... UjBUVDJYWQ

No doubt Ninjaed several times.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

More of Carrier's lying. In his Brief he claims that he was kicked off FTB and that his stuff was blocked against his will:
Moreover, Defendant FreethoughtBlogs blocked access to Dr. Carrier's blog, blocked Dr. Carrier from publishing content, and blocked the public's access to all previous publications at FreethoughtBlogs,seriously disrupting search engine visibility to market his body of work.
But on 24 June 2016 he wanted you to believe that he left on his own initiative:
But I do not want FreethoughtBlogs or its mission to be compromised by having to devote resources to defending me or vetting claims or choosing sides. They have every reason to be concerned by prima facie claims of this nature, and I agree with their procedures to date, except for publishing defamatory statements about me before investigating any of them. (...) I have therefore decided it’s best for me to move my blog content to my own domain where I can operate independently and take all the heat myself, now and in future. Accordingly I have moved my blog here to my own website.
Was he lying in June to his fans, or is he now lying to a judge? In any case, he is a fool when he believes that he can get away with such transparent dishonesty. You still have to wonder how he can afford his legal escapades, hopeless and desperate as they may seem.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Archive link for Carrier's 24 June 2016 post.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161225221 ... chives/586

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

One would also expect a lawyer to know that 'peer-reviewed' should be hyphenated when used as an adjective. This strongly reeks of Carrier's handiwork.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Oh Merry Christmas to you all btw.

Still laughing at the "cannery in a coalmine".

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Is it Christmas? Why did no-one tell me? *sniff*.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Every so often someone asks for reading suggestions (or listening for podcasts).

So, if anyone here got an interesting book for xmas - or just wants to let us know what sort of strange things people like to give you - please let us all know.

And once again with the Merry and all that.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

2016 strikes again.

Ex-Wham singer George Michael dies
Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
The star, who launched his career with Wham in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.
Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Jan Steen wrote:You still have to wonder how he can afford his legal escapades, hopeless and desperate as they may seem.
Maybe his many poly girlfriends and his fans from Poland to Hong Kong are helping him out. Does he even have a Patreon?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Malky wrote:With regard to identity politics I found the following interview amusing:

http://www.chronicle.com/article/Campus ... UjBUVDJYWQ

No doubt Ninjaed several times.
Nice find. I think there's a lot of overlap betweeen this guy's point of view, and what's going on with Jonathan Hait et al at Heterdox Academy.

Billie from Ockham

MarcusAu wrote: - or just wants to let us know what sort of strange things people like to give you -
My kids used a glue-gun to mount tacks on a dozen cardboard sheets which were laid out on their ends, such that the tacks point sidewise about a foot above the ground. They also created a simple way to attach a balloon to the top of a radio-controlled car. You have to drive the car between the tacks, while being timed. This was their present for me.

The cat chased the car the first time, until the balloon hit a tack. We haven't seen the cat since.

-

2016 can't end soon enough.

[youtube][/youtube]

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

George Michael dead?

Wham!

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:You still have to wonder how he can afford his legal escapades, hopeless and desperate as they may seem.
Maybe his many poly girlfriends and his fans from Poland to Hong Kong are helping him out. Does he even have a Patreon?
He has. Only his patreons are nowadays allowed to comment on his posts, I believe. For that privilege alone you'd want to support him, right?

I suspect his polycule, or whatever it's called, pay for his attempt to clear his name fight against windmills.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Jan Steen wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
He has. Only his patreons are nowadays allowed to comment on his posts, I believe. For that privilege alone you'd want to support him, right?

I suspect his polycule, or whatever it's called, pay for his attempt to clear his name fight against windmills.
74 patrons and $214 per blog post. Which is 0.0005c per word

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Brive1987 wrote:
74 patrons and $214 per blog post. Which is 0.0005c per word
His fans do get some value for money. Say what you will about Carrier, but at least he makes an effort. Which is not something you can say about RW's lazy shit. She rips off the neck-bearded suckers who throw money at her.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

InfraRedBucket wrote:2016 strikes again.

Ex-Wham singer George Michael dies
Singer George Michael has died aged 53, his publicist has said.
The star, who launched his career with Wham in the 1980s and later continued his success as a solo performer, is said to have "passed away peacefully at home".
Thames Valley Police said South Central Ambulance Service attended a property in Goring in Oxfordshire at 13:42 GMT.
Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862
The fuck is going on with this year?