The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by MarcusAu »

I do quite enjoy other films (or films based on plays or films based on plays based on books in this genre) though.

Deathtrap & Sleuth both come to mind (I had conflated them due to Micheal Caine being in both).

I'll have to make time to see The Mousetrap.

or perhaps Ten Little Ni....uh...Indians (or is there now another more PC term?).

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sunder wrote:I will only say that if you really think political violence is coming based on a Hillary win, might as well treat it as a near certainty at this point and strap in.

I'm a bit more optimistic for the simple reason that I don't equate a Hillary win with an SJW win. Hillary and Trump have one very big thing in common, and that's that the number one response given from supporters of either for why they're on that side is to prevent the other one from getting in there. It's Douglas Adams's lizard democracy.

People are not enthusiastic about Hillary except for her very small but vocal base of feminist identitarians. I think if the Republicans manage to get their shit together enough to nominate someone with even basic political competency, they're likely to win in 2020.
They would win this year if they had done it too this year.. She is a terrible candidate. Too old, too much baggage, and a continuation of a political dynasty most people would just like to forget.
The best the Repubs could was Trump. I think that tea party nonsense crippled them enough they will still have problems fielding quality candidates for some time.
The demographics are against the Republicans and will be worse after 4 years. Unless more moderate Republicans start to take control of the primaries they will again have a nominee who will be unacceptable to more than half of the electorate. I suspect that Clinton will be an adequate president and will romp it in.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sunder wrote:I will only say that if you really think political violence is coming based on a Hillary win, might as well treat it as a near certainty at this point and strap in.

I'm a bit more optimistic for the simple reason that I don't equate a Hillary win with an SJW win. Hillary and Trump have one very big thing in common, and that's that the number one response given from supporters of either for why they're on that side is to prevent the other one from getting in there. It's Douglas Adams's lizard democracy.

People are not enthusiastic about Hillary except for her very small but vocal base of feminist identitarians. I think if the Republicans manage to get their shit together enough to nominate someone with even basic political competency, they're likely to win in 2020.
They would win this year if they had done it too this year.. She is a terrible candidate. Too old, too much baggage, and a continuation of a political dynasty most people would just like to forget.
The best the Repubs could was Trump. I think that tea party nonsense crippled them enough they will still have problems fielding quality candidates for some time.
The demographics are against the Republicans and will be worse after 4 years. Unless more moderate Republicans start to take control of the primaries they will again have a nominee who will be unacceptable to more than half of the electorate. I suspect that Clinton will be an adequate president and will romp it in.

Guest_935516df

Post by Guest_935516df »

MarcusAu wrote:I do quite enjoy other films (or films based on plays or films based on plays based on books in this genre) though.

Deathtrap & Sleuth both come to mind (I had conflated them due to Micheal Caine being in both).

or perhaps Ten Little Ni....uh...Indians (or is there now another more PC term?).
It is "ten little solider boys" you shitlord. It is OK to kill of little soldier boys. And the book as been renamed "And Then There Were None."

Who knows what is next. Maybe it erases to identities of non-binary people to assume the dead soldiers are boys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Then_There_Were_None

...ten little attack helicopters...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

"And Then There Were None." - suggests that people have been literally terminated.

As long as they are all white this would be OK.

Except that excluding other cultures / races would be erasing them, including them would be tokenism; and subjecting them to violence would invoke colonialism.

I suspect that peoples sensibilities will have to be shaped to the story rather than the other way round.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Michael J wrote: The demographics are against the Republicans and will be worse after 4 years. Unless more moderate Republicans start to take control of the primaries they will again have a nominee who will be unacceptable to more than half of the electorate. I suspect that Clinton will be an adequate president and will romp it in.
I think in terms of general electability:

Generic Democrat > Generic Republican > Hillary Clinton > Donald Trump

I certainly don't expect Hillary's popularity to soar within the next four years, so it will be their fight to lose unless they pick another blowhard.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Shatterface wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Here are the new ones:

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsp ... 7da0d6.jpg

Mrs White has been abolished, replaced by an Asian chick called Dr Orchid. Rev Green is now Jesse Custer from Preacher, Professor Plum is Anthony Head, and Mrs Peacock is young and hot. Because diversity, presumably.
I think it would better reflect reality if we just assume the killer is the black guy with a gun.

Just how many professors are beaten to death each year by a vicar with a candlestick?
Not enough.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

screwtape wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Just how many professors are beaten to death each year by a vicar with a candlestick?
Not enough.
If the professor is from Minnesota I suppose a case could be made that it is self-defence.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Shatterface wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Just how many professors are beaten to death each year by a vicar with a candlestick?
Not enough.
If the professor is from Minnesota I suppose a case could be made that it is self-defence.
Dude, X5 is quite enough!

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

To all the Trump fans out there - don't worry.

Apparently, WikiLeaks have a DEVASTATING reveal coming up in November. It is apparently so shocking that the world will be titled on its axis, or something like that.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

CommanderTuvok wrote:To all the Trump fans out there - don't worry.

Apparently, WikiLeaks have a DEVASTATING reveal coming up in November. It is apparently so shocking that the world will be titled on its axis, or something like that.
What, they gonna laser-print "World" on its axis?

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

I finally understood why feminists hate men. The only one they know are male feminists,

John D

Post by John D »

So.... Some useless trivia today:

1) The most used name for a ship in the US Navy is "Detroit". There have been five ships that have carried this name (my hometown).

2) The newest ship in the Navy is the current USS Detroit.... and it is cool as fuck.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /91967518/

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:So.... Some useless trivia today:

1) The most used name for a ship in the US Navy is "Detroit". There have been five ships that have carried this name (my hometown).

2) The newest ship in the Navy is the current USS Detroit.... and it is cool as fuck.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/l ... /91967518/
Figuratively, It's a littoral ship!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:I do quite enjoy other films (or films based on plays or films based on plays based on books in this genre) though.

I believe it's now called "And Then There Were None".

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Shatterface wrote:

Mrs White has been abolished, replaced by an Asian chick called Dr Orchid. Rev Green is now Jesse Custer from Preacher, Professor Plum is Anthony Head, and Mrs Peacock is young and hot. Because diversity, presumably.
I think it would better reflect reality if we just assume the killer is the black guy with a gun.
If it's going to reflect reality, then the US version would need at least two black guys, since one of the six cards is selected at random. Three of the six weapons would have to be hand-guns. And if we restrict location to being indoors, we'll definitely need a bedroom.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

I just saw bunch of kids standing in front of a bronze statue of a writer, dabbing and taking a group selfie.

I blame Hillary's America.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

This is not The Onion:

Wonder Woman to become UN women's champion

The United Nations (UN) is to name comic book character Wonder Woman as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls.
The UN said the character will be formally sworn in at a ceremony on 21 October at its New York headquarters.
DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson will accept the role for her company's comic book, TV and film character.
The event will also launch the UN's campaign for gender equality and women's empowerment.
It is being sponsored by Warner Bros and DC Entertainment who are supporting the UN and Unicef's year-long campaign.
Other guests will include UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and as-yet unnamed celebrity guests.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37645131

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

Shatterface wrote:

Just how many professors are beaten to death each year by a vicar with a candlestick?
It's 1 in 5 isn't it?

Billie from Ockham

InfraRedBucket wrote:This is not The Onion:

The United Nations (UN) is to name comic book character Wonder Woman as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls.
The UN said the character will be formally sworn in at a ceremony on 21 October at its New York headquarters.
DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson will accept the role for her company's comic book, TV and film character.
The event will also launch the UN's campaign for gender equality and women's empowerment.
It is being sponsored by Warner Bros and DC Entertainment who are supporting the UN and Unicef's year-long campaign.
Other guests will include UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and as-yet unnamed celebrity guests.
I'd say that it's a step in the correct direction from Hermione. For example: the door-unlocking spell (alohomora) sounds a little too much like Allahu Akbar for my taste.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

paddybrown wrote:There was a bit a flap recently when Hasbro redesigned the characters in Cluedo.

Here are the characters as they were when I was a wee'un:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ASyrPZ-7lHY/ ... %2Bold.jpg
http://files.forensicmed.webnode.com/20 ... _crop2.jpg

Here are the new ones:

It's curious that in the US version, Reverend Green becomes Mr Green. Guess they figured having a murderous preacher might be a bit too nonsensical.

http://i.imgur.com/6f4lAJk.jpg

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Trump frightens me, because he is a complete idiot, and I dread to think of how he would handle more well-read world leaders.

However, Hillary bothers me even more, because I am certain that if she gets in, the strain of identity politics that is taking root in Western society is going to get much, much worse.

All of it is moot because I can't vote in the US anyway.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Good to know the paradise island of Themyscira will be represented at the UN.
Originally known as Paradise Island since Wonder Woman and the island's first appearance in All Star Comics #8 (December 1941), and was created by William Moulton Marston to allegorize the safety and security of the home where women thrived apart from the hostile, male-dominated work place
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Themyscira_(DC_Comics)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Have the Chinese objected - due to WW's association with Egg-Fu

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8ie37mgxIXA/S ... gg+5th.jpg

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Now is the time for the chan clans to churn out a bunch of Wonder Woman white supremacist memes. Let's see if they can do for WW what they did for Pepe.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sulman wrote:Trump frightens me, because he is a complete idiot, and I dread to think of how he would handle more well-read world leaders.

However, Hillary bothers me even more, because I am certain that if she gets in, the strain of identity politics that is taking root in Western society is going to get much, much worse.

All of it is moot because I can't vote in the US anyway.
Hillary is all about HIllary. I don't see her doing anything beyond speaking the right words to her SJW supporters who are only supporting her because of Trump and vagina. My real Hillary fears are banking deregulation leading to another crisis, another military fiasco somewhere.
Best case scenario-Hillary's health problems are real, and within 18 months she steps down leaving Tim Kaine in charge.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote: Now is the time for the chan clans to churn out a bunch of Wonder Woman white supremacist memes. Let's see if they can do for WW what they did for Pepe.
There's no such need. Just make strips like this more well-known:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 63a582.jpg

Wonder Woman, misogynist and slavery apologist.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Reading "Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left" I came across this snippet:
resentment.png
(39.65 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Very accurate, I think...

Billie from Ockham

Lsuoma wrote:Reading "Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left" I came across this snippet:

[see above for attachment]

Very accurate, I think...
There are many aspects to human thought and other physiological processes that make good sense (i.e., are adaptive) when placed in the context of a world from tens of thousands of years ago, but are now causing grief, especially when mis- or over-applied. If only there were a branch of, say, psychology that studied these phenomena....

What would be ironic is if the people that such a sub-field of psychology would be most likely to help were, for some reason, trying to denigrate said sub-field and prevent it from helping anyone. That would be hilarious, in fact.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

If the available options in the upcoming election were Trump/Pence vs PZ Myers/Rebecca Watson, I'd crawl through broken glass naked to vote for Myers/Watson.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

SkepticalCat wrote:If the available options in the upcoming election were Trump/Pence vs PZ Myers/Rebecca Watson, I'd crawl through broken glass naked to vote for Myers/Watson.
What would be their platform? PZ/RW I mean.

Really?

Post by Really? »

sp0tlight wrote:
SkepticalCat wrote:If the available options in the upcoming election were Trump/Pence vs PZ Myers/Rebecca Watson, I'd crawl through broken glass naked to vote for Myers/Watson.
Pot for everybody and Szechuan chicken served while you read.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Really? wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:
Ah, targeting the NEET demo, a winning strategy, ask Ron Paul!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Peez gets mail:

http://archive.is/ow6jK
It’s been a strange couple of days. The Trump camp is going down in flames, and I think they’re lashing out in frustration at totally irrelevant people, including me. I’ve had a sudden surge of off-the-cuff email from people angry about something, and they’re just randomly yelling at me. Dozens of emails all at once, all carping about something — transhumanism is good! You’re a goddamn cultural Marxist! Of course women and black people are biologically different from white men…and inferior! Are you Jewish? — it’s just gotten weird. Here’s one example; apparently, everything is my fault.
Richard Carrier
Your social justice warrior bullshit is making the entire atheist community look bad. If Richard Carrier hadn’t participated in the same kind of thin skinned, self-righteous bullshit you’re practicing right now, I would feel sorry for him.
Sent from my iPhone
Roger Ward
This is so typical. None of the current emails include a specific reference to anything, or even so much as a link or a quote — it’s all just furious blaming for something that has annoyed someone somewhere, and that something has provoked them into targeting me.
Which actually makes me kind of happy. I’m glad to steal the credit for social justice ‘bullshit’ anytime.

I’m also amused at the assumptions. There is an atheist community, and they’re looking bad, because someone is demanding equality and respect for all of its members? I don’t think the problem is one old nerd cocking an eyebrow and criticizing the normally uncriticized bad behavior of a few people, guy.
PZ just wants "equality." He's such a man of the people.

A person who doesn't realize they're supporting a white hetero cis dudebro who oppressed women says:
Saganite, a haunter of demons
13 October 2016 at 12:41 pm
I refuse to consider myself part of the same “community” as these anti-SJW anti-PC whiners. If that means the “atheist community” is divided, then that’s a good thing. I have more in common with progressive Christians than some of these atheists, for fuck’s sake.
A Quantcast look at PZ's diverse community:

http://i.imgur.com/C6S2JA7.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Really? wrote: A Quantcast look at PZ's diverse community:

http://i.imgur.com/C6S2JA7.jpg
I wouldn't place too much stock in that, as it's likely to be a very small sample.

Billie from Ockham

Tigzy wrote:I wouldn't place too much stock in that, as it's likely to be a very small sample.
That's what she said.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Really? wrote:
sp0tlight wrote:
Szechuan chicken is cultural appropriation, shitlord.

The real platform of PZ/RW would be repealing laws against bestiality and substituting them with news laws that allow sex between humans and animals if the animal "show signs of consent" (PZ) making sobriety tests at work illegal (Becky), raising the wages of university professors (PZ again) making it mandatory of news channels to sign up at least three prominent female or POC bloggers (Becky) new laws about "crystal clear consent", when consent can be taken away at any point, even after the fact, and unwanted talking with a possible sexual meaning (decided by the victim of course) is sexual harassment (both), censorship laws against "internet harassment" and against sexism, racism and homophobia in the media (both) and a tax reform which taxes white cis hetero males with a job which isn't in academia three more times than any other social group (both) to finance all the rest.

Billie from Ockham

ISIS recruits via the internet. PZ's banhammer is all-powerful and can silence any electronic voice. If PZ were in charge, ISIS would be starved of members within a month.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Billie from Ockham wrote:ISIS recruits via the internet. PZ's banhammer is all-powerful and can silence any electronic voice. If PZ were in charge, ISIS would be starved of members within a month.
Blasphemy! PZ, as a white cis hetero male, could never silence the expression of a group of oppressed POCs who are fighting against the white patriarchy. And furthermore as Malia Bouattia, the new NUS secretary, has clarified being against the Islamic State is islamophobic, and of course PZ could never be islamophobic. It'd be punching down, and PZ always punches up.

If the leaders or the propagandists of the Islamic State were somehow friendly with the Republicans like Ayaan Hirsi Ali or Jamila Bey, then you'd have a point.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The PZ/RW solution for the Islamic State problem is to meekly accept its existence. They're not the problem here, not when Republicans and Libertarians and the "alt-right" and youtube atheists and Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris are still around. Throw all of them in jail and the problems with islam will sort themselves out quite nicely, 'mright?

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Kirbmarc wrote:The PZ/RW solution for the Islamic State problem is to meekly accept its existence.
"There's no Islamic terrorism problem" said president PZ in his statement to press, "We're not going to impose our imperialism on their cultural values.", he added. The podium was later taken by vice-chair RW who recounted her ride in the elevator for the 934 time since taking the office. The even ended with burning of Pepe the frog puppet.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:ISIS recruits via the internet. PZ's banhammer is all-powerful and can silence any electronic voice. If PZ were in charge, ISIS would be starved of members within a month.
Blasphemy! PZ, as a white cis hetero male, could never silence the expression of a group of oppressed POCs who are fighting against the white patriarchy. And furthermore as Malia Bouattia, the new NUS secretary, has clarified being against the Islamic State is islamophobic, and of course PZ could never be islamophobic. It'd be punching down, and PZ always punches up.

If the leaders or the propagandists of the Islamic State were somehow friendly with the Republicans like Ayaan Hirsi Ali or Jamila Bey, then you'd have a point.
In Canada, that demographic tends to be much more conservative, and is often seen as a staunch Conservative voting block.

Just saying.

Billie from Ockham

In his second week in office, President PZ accidentally poisoned the entire White House press corps when he misinterpreted the meaning the term "news round-up." He went on to say that he thought that "Caliphate" was the brand-name of the replacement product from Monsanto.

No detailed comment was forthcoming from the Vice-President, who only made a vague (Biblical?) reference to absence of Adam.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I'm 100 percent sure the media will be flooded at that point with a story about some chick sad because Trump called her ugly.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Billie from Ockham wrote: No detailed comment was forthcoming from the Vice-President, who only made a vague (Biblical?) reference to absence of Adam.
:lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Kirbmarc wrote:

Precisely. There is absolutely no connection between the Islamic State and Islam.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Karmakin wrote:
In Canada, that demographic tends to be much more conservative, and is often seen as a staunch Conservative voting block.

Just saying.
Of course. Religious Muslim are conservatives, like all religious people. The Saudi-funded Salafis (who provide the majority of the imams in many parts of the West) are basically islamo-fascists. They share no basic goals with progressive forces. It's just that in the US they have powerful allies in the Democratic Party (*coughs* Saudi lobby *coughs* Hillary Clinton *coughs*). The SJWs and in general the Islamophile Lefists are only tools for political Islam, ready to be discarded when they're no longer useful, like it happened in Iran after the 1979 revolution. You'd think that the Marxists and the leftist revolutionaries in general would have gotten the message after so many of them were the first against the wall in the new theocracy, but they're so hell-bent on hating liberal democracy that they don't notice that liberal democracy is the only reason why they still breathe.

Incidentally I'm convinced that the same thing would happen in Palestine if Israel collapsed. No matter how bad Israel is (and it's very bad) at the moment if there was a Palestinian revolution the secular leftists and the non-Muslim among the Palestinian fighters would quickly get the short end of the stick, their foreign friends would be expelled and Hamas and Hezbollah would soon be at each other's throats.

Fighting against Israel is the only thing that's keeping the Palestinian groups together, and in this time and age, where Muslim supremacists are the ones with the funding and the networks (Sunnis from the Gulf States, Shias from Iran) and the leftists and the non-muslim have little to no allies it's hard to imagine a victory for the Palestinian independence movemeny where Palestine wouldn't soon turn into a competition between a Hamas-led Sunni theocratic projects and a Hezbollah-led Shia theocratic project.

There are some reformers within Islam, and they're the ones that the Left should be working with, but they rather call them native informers or porch monkeys or say that they "don't represent their community" (of course not, SJW dumbasses, they want to change their communities).

In general identity politics are the death sentence of progressivism. Once the goal is no longer to fight for individual rights and to correct social illnesses by tackling their economical and social roots but to virtue-signal in favor of "female identity" or "gay identity" or "black identity" or "muslim identity", erasing differences within a social group and individual features and following narratives and "lived experiences" instead of trying to understand what's going on then social progress is impossible.

Identity politics are useful only for academics, journalists, "celebrity activists" and corporate politicians like Hillary Clinton. They're useless at tackling real issues.

Black Lives Matter won't reduce the number of black people killed in confrontations with the police: if anything by always blaming police it'd lead to more violence and more dead black people. Radical feminism won't get more women to like STEM subjects: if anything by portraying STEM environments as wretched hives of rapists and harassers they'd turn more women away from STEM.

Trans activism of the SJW variety won't get more people to accept trans people: if anything, by writing "die cis scum", muddying the waters with people like Muscato or aggressively demanding non-trans people to use an ever-growing variety of different pronouns they'd slow acceptance of trans people by society at large. And protecting conservative, theocratic muslims from criticism and mockery and kowtowing to their world view will spell doom for progressive muslims, muslim women, ex-muslims and LGBT muslims.

If the SJW phenomenon will go on more and more people will desert the left and flock to right-wing conservative movements, especially those who promise to deal with the growth of political islam. Hillary Clinton will likely win against Donald Trump, but in four years she might get to face a less dumb and in-your-face rival who will call her out on her SJW policies and rip her to shreds. Meanwhile Europe will veer more and more to the right, and the EU will likely collapse.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:What do you mean 'You People' ?
(belated reaction:) Merkins, since Matt's explanation was aimed at non-Merkins.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Kirbmarc wrote:You'd think that the Marxists and the leftist revolutionaries in general would have gotten the message after so many of them were the first against the wall in the new theocracy, but they're so hell-bent on hating liberal democracy that they don't notice that liberal democracy is the only reason why they still breathe.
All my hard left leaning mates are hardcore atheists except when it comes to Islam. Even citing killing gays by applying gravity mets with their refusal because, as they say, "it's used to hate on brown people".

This is terrible blind spot. Anti-human acts made in the name of any gods should met with scorn and disagreement. If I can hold Irish clergyman and Jewish conservative rabbi in contempt, I refuse to stop for brown imam.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I'm no Trump fan, although I think he might actually be the lesser evil in this case. Anyway, if I were a betting man I'd say that the reveal will have something to do with the Syrian war. Maybe Hillary made a secret pact with Al-Nusra back when it was still Al-Qaeda in Iraq. Considering her plans to get rid of Assad by any means and her ties with various Salafi organizations it wouldn't surprise me.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Kirbmarc wrote:if I were a betting man I'd say that the reveal will have something to do with the Syrian war.
I bet on it being much ado about nothing. Wikileaks in later years are very loud in PR but provide very little. Maybe it's my tech background speaking but most per-announcments leads to disappointment.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

sp0tlight wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:You'd think that the Marxists and the leftist revolutionaries in general would have gotten the message after so many of them were the first against the wall in the new theocracy, but they're so hell-bent on hating liberal democracy that they don't notice that liberal democracy is the only reason why they still breathe.
All my hard left leaning mates are hardcore atheists except when it comes to Islam. Even citing killing gays by applying gravity mets with their refusal because, as they say, "it's used to hate on brown people".

This is terrible blind spot. Anti-human acts made in the name of any gods should met with scorn and disagreement. If I can hold Irish clergyman and Jewish conservative rabbi in contempt, I refuse to stop for brown imam.
If anything the brown imam is incredibly more likely to call for the death of gays, apostates and atheists. Those hard left leaning mates of yours wouldn't last a year in Iran or Saudi Arabia, or in any other muslim theocracy. But hey, they can't criticize brown people, that's racist.

By the way I'm sick of the assumption that muslims are all brown. There are muslims of every ethnic group on earth. Only ignorant people or racists can believe that muslims are all "brown people".

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Old_ones wrote:
Clarence wrote: I'm merely saying that there are groups willing to commit domestic political terrorism in this country and Hillary is guaranteed to make them desparate enough to do so.
On a serious note, I don't doubt that this could happen, and it gives me absolutely no reason to vote for Trump.

I'm tired of the tiny penis anti-government nuts and their pathetic tough guy acts. No one takes these people seriously because the are willing to go eat Waffle House with an AR-15 strapped to their back. The government isn't impressed by your tough talk and your shitty mall goth getup. Just ask Randy Weaver if you don't believe me.

If people want to take up arms, let them. They'll find out pretty quickly that the largest military on the planet doesn't fuck around, and I won't miss them. Just Darwin in action if you ask me.
On a serious note, what Clarence wrote is absolutely FUCKING STUPID. These clowns are just a bunch of blowhards clutching their pearls. They'll go back their jobs on Wednesday and bitch and whine for four years while inventing more idiotic conspiracy theories.

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Karmakin wrote:

Just saying.
Of course. Religious Muslim are conservatives, like all religious people. The Saudi-funded Salafis (who provide the majority of the imams in many parts of the West) are basically islamo-fascists. They share no basic goals with progressive forces. It's just that in the US they have powerful allies in the Democratic Party (*coughs* Saudi lobby *coughs* Hillary Clinton *coughs*). The SJWs and in general the Islamophile Lefists are only tools for political Islam, ready to be discarded when they're no longer useful, like it happened in Iran after the 1979 revolution. You'd think that the Marxists and the leftist revolutionaries in general would have gotten the message after so many of them were the first against the wall in the new theocracy, but they're so hell-bent on hating liberal democracy that they don't notice that liberal democracy is the only reason why they still breathe.

Incidentally I'm convinced that the same thing would happen in Palestine if Israel collapsed. No matter how bad Israel is (and it's very bad) at the moment if there was a Palestinian revolution the secular leftists and the non-Muslim among the Palestinian fighters would quickly get the short end of the stick, their foreign friends would be expelled and Hamas and Hezbollah would soon be at each other's throats.

Fighting against Israel is the only thing that's keeping the Palestinian groups together, and in this time and age, where Muslim supremacists are the ones with the funding and the networks (Sunnis from the Gulf States, Shias from Iran) and the leftists and the non-muslim have little to no allies it's hard to imagine a victory for the Palestinian independence movemeny where Palestine wouldn't soon turn into a competition between a Hamas-led Sunni theocratic projects and a Hezbollah-led Shia theocratic project.

There are some reformers within Islam, and they're the ones that the Left should be working with, but they rather call them native informers or porch monkeys or say that they "don't represent their community" (of course not, SJW dumbasses, they want to change their communities).

In general identity politics are the death sentence of progressivism. Once the goal is no longer to fight for individual rights and to correct social illnesses by tackling their economical and social roots but to virtue-signal in favor of "female identity" or "gay identity" or "black identity" or "muslim identity", erasing differences within a social group and individual features and following narratives and "lived experiences" instead of trying to understand what's going on then social progress is impossible.

Identity politics are useful only for academics, journalists, "celebrity activists" and corporate politicians like Hillary Clinton. They're useless at tackling real issues.

Black Lives Matter won't reduce the number of black people killed in confrontations with the police: if anything by always blaming police it'd lead to more violence and more dead black people. Radical feminism won't get more women to like STEM subjects: if anything by portraying STEM environments as wretched hives of rapists and harassers they'd turn more women away from STEM.

Trans activism of the SJW variety won't get more people to accept trans people: if anything, by writing "die cis scum", muddying the waters with people like Muscato or aggressively demanding non-trans people to use an ever-growing variety of different pronouns they'd slow acceptance of trans people by society at large. And protecting conservative, theocratic muslims from criticism and mockery and kowtowing to their world view will spell doom for progressive muslims, muslim women, ex-muslims and LGBT muslims.

If the SJW phenomenon will go on more and more people will desert the left and flock to right-wing conservative movements, especially those who promise to deal with the growth of political islam. Hillary Clinton will likely win against Donald Trump, but in four years she might get to face a less dumb and in-your-face rival who will call her out on her SJW policies and rip her to shreds. Meanwhile Europe will veer more and more to the right, and the EU will likely collapse.
Race relations are worse than they have been in decades.... thanks Obama.

When Hillary takes office the gender wars will be worse than ever too.

:popcorn:

Badger3k

Re: Man Spreading

Post by Badger3k »

Guest_935516df wrote:
Badger3k wrote:Wow. I saw some of the usual Trumpettes on twitter posting that, but hadn't watched it. Like I thought, a really, really desperate attempt to find something they can throw. Wow.
Are you kidding? Take the same video clip, change the accusation to "man spreading", and the feminists will be calling for his impeachment in a week flat.

You just need to know the correct key words to trigger the feeding frenzy. Just look at how those poor embarrassed women were abused by his flagrant man spreading.

-Soylent

...or should we call it Barry Spreading in this case?
Sadly you're right on that.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

Kirbmarc wrote:By the way I'm sick of the assumption that muslims are all brown. There are muslims of every ethnic group on earth. Only ignorant people or racists can believe that muslims are all "brown people".
My question about brown and black Christians is always met with silence or reductio ad colonization.

Billie from Ockham

John D wrote:When Hillary takes office the gender wars will be worse than ever too.
Yes, but at least her election will save the country $112,000 per year.*

* nb. $400,000 x .72 is only $288,000

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Tribble wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Clarence wrote: I'm merely saying that there are groups willing to commit domestic political terrorism in this country and Hillary is guaranteed to make them desparate enough to do so.
On a serious note, I don't doubt that this could happen, and it gives me absolutely no reason to vote for Trump.

I'm tired of the tiny penis anti-government nuts and their pathetic tough guy acts. No one takes these people seriously because the are willing to go eat Waffle House with an AR-15 strapped to their back. The government isn't impressed by your tough talk and your shitty mall goth getup. Just ask Randy Weaver if you don't believe me.

If people want to take up arms, let them. They'll find out pretty quickly that the largest military on the planet doesn't fuck around, and I won't miss them. Just Darwin in action if you ask me.
On a serious note, what Clarence wrote is absolutely FUCKING STUPID. These clowns are just a bunch of blowhards clutching their pearls. They'll go back their jobs on Wednesday and bitch and whine for four years while inventing more idiotic conspiracy theories.
You'd better vote for Trump or it's WW3

Aneris

A New McCarthyism

Post by Aneris »

Greenwald makes sense once in a while.

Billie from Ockham

free thoughtpolice wrote:You'd better vote for Trump or it's WW3
And before anyone annoys Lsuoma by asking, no, Clarence's IP address is not 95.173.136.70