free thoughtpolice

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:
Oh No!! Not Ashley Asteroid too! :shock: :shock: :? :cry: :cry: :naughty:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Fuck your gender-neutral pronouns, snowflake. Heina's ridiculous insistence makes Carrier's paragraph confusing as shit.
Dadabhoy was bothered by my query because it occurred soon after they had joined the same blog network I was then part of, and because they had past grievances against me, which Dadabhoy listed (none pertaining to Dadabhoy, nor harassment, nor anything I’d heard from them before). Dadabhoy wasn’t working for me at Freethoughtblogs and I had little power over their role there. I saw them as a peer and an equal, so I hadn’t thought of that being problematic. We spoke about it later, though, and I agreed that I could have waited on the timing; and I could have composed a briefer, more exploratory query. But apart from that, there was nothing egregious about my actions with them. We had been friends for years and had engaged in mild flirtatious banter. I had no idea they loathed me. And I respected Dadabhoy’s wishes the moment they communicated them.
It's like an English test you give to recent immigrants. You need to spend time figuring out who the fuck the pronouns are addressing. Instead of changing your pronouns, admit that you have daddy issues.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So re Carrier.

Firstly. You cannot believe any of his rationalisations. He would twist and turn his way out of any bear trap. So I really can't take any of his dribble as truth.

I'm almost certain he is carrier-ing on his own defence and I shouldn't have been surprised my forecast rappoachment between him and Skepticon was a misstep. A) a win win is what adults do. B) Carrier is almost certainly a 48 or 49 on the Easy scale and C) Lane sounds like Stolly's little sister.

Does:
Lauren Lane initiated a sexual relationship with me, at a Skepticon event she was running, at which I was a speaker. And that she did so without asking my consent

mean poor Dick wuz raped?

My only remaining recourse was to block all communication with her and physically avoid her.
Carrier and Stollznow. My perfect dream date.

Yep, per Really? SSA gave the student-sucking-sex-stud the green light to poach as long as it was off their books.

Dick reckons he knew hyena was slandering him for years but then pretended surprise when we tweeted him her evidence gathering forays. The guy needs a KMS to keep his stories straight. I love it when he explains his "will you fuck me" letter could have been composed with a 'briefer, more exploratory query'. The mind boggles at a 5000 word come on.

Lane needs to take a truth in advertising seminar.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... W44obxeMVg

Is most certainly not:

http://i.imgur.com/rlpDFXL.jpg

Which would be fine if she wasn't still gilding the lily while calling for others to check their reflection:

Finally breaking video - how Lane entrapped Carrier. A skillful combination of madness and allure.

Really?

Post by Really? »

God, he's such a shithead.
It should now be clear that from now on, certainly we should take accusations seriously and not dismiss them out of hand, but the only correct and responsible public response to any serious accusation is, “We demand a formal investigation by a competent party.” And then pressing that point, and that alone, until it happens. And then wait for that investigation to be concluded and its results published, or for either the accuser or the accused to refuse to cooperate with it, before issuing judgments.
This from the guy who wrote 13000 words about how Shermer was guilty after zero investigation had been done. What a lying piece of shit.
It is precisely to protect the innocent, even when innocence is rare, that this is the epistemology adopted by every reliable court and organization in the free world. Certainly there are problems with the way many courts and organizations handle investigations, problems we also need to continue pressing to be changed; but those problems cannot be addressed by simply believing every claim made without any competent investigation at all. The solution is not condemning everyone about whom anything is ever said. The solution is the pursuit of actual social justice. Which must mean justice for everyone. We cannot build justice on a foundation of injustice.
Dick Carrier, freedom crusader.

Can someone ask SSA who

1) Knew Carrier had harassed at least one woman
2) Took him off the Bureau
3) Told him he could still speak at affiliate SSAs
4) Didn't warn affiliate SSAs?
Nevertheless, and as I’ve always said, because I did mention at the end of that party that Frank was welcome to ask me out someday in future if ever she was interested and able (a comment she expressed no objection to at the time), I did violate the SSA policy against fraternization that members of their speaker’s bureau are subject to, in exchange for special promotion and support from the SSA. Speakers for SSA events do not have to be bureau members. And those who are not on that bureau are not subject to that policy, which was then and has been separate from their sexual harassment policy. I agreed with the SSA that I should therefore not be on their bureau. They in turn informed me I could continue to speak for SSA affiliates, just not with bureau assistance. I have not been on that bureau since. And accordingly I have not been subject to that policy for a year. I have been a speaker for many SSA campus affiliates in that time, without incident.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Heh. Carrier's pathetic weaselling continues to be a joy for many:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Synopsis so far of the POTUS campaign:
And this is Melania before she could afford clothes:

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2 ... =all&w=664

Oh, NSFW

Really?

Post by Really? »

Are we sure Carrier is really a .5 on the Kinsey Scale? He did, after all, make love repeatedly to the star of Napoleon Dynamite.

http://files.shandymedia.com/styles/pag ... 7174nf.jpg

some guy

Post by some guy »

Sticky Dickyr wrote:Dadabhoy was bothered by my query because it occurred soon after they had joined the same blog network I was then part of ...
Maybe he asked her when, as a kickstarter backer, he was going to get that book she was supposed to write. (Or maybe he asked for that refund she "hard promised" she was going to give all her backers if she didn't submit the book to her publisher by a deadline that passed two years ago (said deadline being two years after she initially said she would submit it).)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote:
Lane needs to take a truth in advertising seminar.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... W44obxeMVg

Is most certainly not:

http://i.imgur.com/rlpDFXL.jpg
Given the similarly Junoesque qualites of Dicky's ex and Heina, who he also tried it on with, I'm beginning to wonder if Dicky's kink isn't really polyamory but chubby chasing.

Or maybe - given that Dicky, like Myers, is really just an old fashioned sexist at heart - he simply thinks fat birds are easier.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lauren Lane's push-ups with-a-clap-in-the-middle were pretty good, for a girl.

free thoughtpolice

some guy wrote:
Sticky Dickyr wrote:Dadabhoy was bothered by my query because it occurred soon after they had joined the same blog network I was then part of ...
Maybe he asked her when, as a kickstarter backer, he was going to get that book she was supposed to write. (Or maybe he asked for that refund she "hard promised" she was going to give all her backers if she didn't submit the book to her publisher by a deadline that passed two years ago (said deadline being two years after she initially said she would submit it).)
She needed to add more cats and she's working on that right now. Stop bugging her, she needs to do research.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Props to those photographers.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:The new SJW meme about terrorism is that every spree killer is a terrorist, and so Muslims are only a small minority of terrorists.
Also, they'll insist on talking about 'lone wolves' because - until the Nice attack - non-Muslim 'lone wolves' (meaning Anders Breivik, who single-handedly skewed the statistics) - had killed more than Muslim 'lone wolves'.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Re: The Autism Test

Score 28/50.
Aspbergers?

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Re: Melania Trump Nude
8.5/10
Fappable

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Re: Dick Carrier

What a dick!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Carrier words about Benson's pack-rape murderous ejection from FtB have a resonance:
No one here called for her to depart. She chose to on her own. We all maintain many disagreements with each other at FreethoughBlogs, and criticize each other often, without this result. It appears Benson didn’t think colleagues should publicly criticize each other, particularly in ways she saw as paranoid for some reason. I hope at least she enjoys less stress in her new home.
https://web.archive.org/web/20150821034 ... hives/8246

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

deLurch wrote:Carrier would have to self represent. The charade ends when one of the entities threatens to counter sue.

Of note, he has threatened to sue Lauren Lane, Stephanie Van, pz Myers, Free Thought Blogs, The-Orbit. But not the woman who made the initial complaint.

Could it be that he doesn't want his accusations compared to her accusations in a court of law?
Skeptics want to know!

:think:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Oh No!! Not Ashley Asteroid too! :shock: :shock: :? :cry: :cry: :naughty:
I think you can get asteroids if Carrier puts it in Uranus.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Karmakin wrote:I was listening to a podcast talking about media coverage of the election, and that instead of blaming Trump on Putin, he should just be acknowledged as a homegrown fascist. Whatever. But what really hit me, was after that, was acknowledgement that in the American system Trump can't really do official fascist stuff, and the best he can do is do things outside of government...encourage blacklists, demagoguery against certain groups/individuals and so on.

So basically act like an SJW.

Honestly, it's now my position on the US election that it's fascist vs. fascist. Both Trump and Clinton, are aggressively authoritarian and would probably abuse any power they receive horribly.
You win the prize!

:clap:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

MacGruberKnows wrote:Synopsis so far of the POTUS campaign:
Well, who else is going to keep America safe from Klingon bastards?

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Karmakin wrote:
paddybrown wrote:Just read Carrier's blogpost. I'm have no qualification to make this diagnosis, but he's autistic as fuck. The way he tries to rationally analyse every social interaction and learn from each new input seems to be the very definition of autism as it's been explained to me. He has no social instincts, and can only operate in a social context by observing how people around him operate and trying to imitate them. He's in the mess he's in because the people around him, whose standards of behaviour he's trying to conform to, are SJWs, for whom the appropriateness of any act depends only on whether it's done by a member of the ingroup or the outgroup: it's ok when we do it. Good luck to anyone without social instincts trying to divine any kind of guiding principle from them.
I think I agree. Maybe not autistic, but someone with a low native social intelligence. I'm actually not saying that as an attack. I'd raise my hand as someone who shares that. I'm everything you say there, well, except for the social "teachings" I have are generally entirely different.

Kinda feel bad for him really. I could see myself in the same boat, to be honest, given exposure to a different culture.
Here's my issue with that.
Generally autistics and such don't give a fuck, and even when they DO attempt to analyze social interactions they have no clue where to start.

If he's any good at all at analyzing social interactions , even if he has to go to a blackboard and construct some sort of baysian probablistic analysis or map relationships onto a tree chart, then , I dont think he can be autistic.

Unless I'm wrong about the meaning of it. My understanding of extreme autisism is that its something like being extremely socially awkward and totally unable to improve.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CommanderTuvok wrote:41 out of 50!

I am not at all surprised.
If your ears are truly pointy there might be another explanation for your high score.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Twats that? A blue tick of respectability?

http://i.imgur.com/uFHi7Qg.jpg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Melbourne street artist claims his mural caused Instagram to delete his account.

http://imageresizer.static9.net.au/pbEx ... %3fw%3d603

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: Can someone ask SSA who

1) Knew Carrier had harassed at least one woman
2) Took him off the Bureau
3) Told him he could still speak at affiliate SSAs
4) Didn't warn affiliate SSAs?
5) Got jizz all over Dicky's face?

(Hint: same answer for each question.)

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Here's someone going on at the Democratic convention about Trump's alleged sexism:

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/29/hil ... 1#comments

All as not as it would seem. Apparently modern day feminisms lack of specific complaints - and lack of a default ideology beyond women = victim - makes it easy for them to be coopted for just about any purpose.

Don't ask who the nice lady is or what logical reasons she might have to vote for the Hilster.
Instead , vote your righteous anger!

What a farce.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Easy J wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Eye-contact is something I have to force myself to do.

When I'm concentrating on something it takes up all my focus and I drop eye-contact, my voice becomes monotone, I look distracted, etc. It makes me look like I'm not paying attention when it's often precisely the opposite.

I think parents and teachers often misinterpret this kind of behaviour as a sign of boredom. It's a bugger during job interviews too.
Sounds exactly like my general experience. I can't think or follow what someone is saying if I look them in the eye. My attention gets completely taken up with trying to do it right. Not too long or intense, not looking away too quickly, proper facial expressions that say I'm listening, ect. I have to look down or away & sorta turn my eyes off to listen properly. I still smile, nod, & laugh naturally while conversing but my eye contact thingey is broken.

Glad it's not just me.
I have this problem and after doctors have noticed it, I have been referred twice (both times I got an appointment pretty quickly). However, I am not even close to being on the spectrum. I have no problem empathising with other people, in fact I am exceptionally good at reading people... I just don't care about them which probably puts me closer to a psychopath.
The irony of this is that people often assume I am dishonest because I cannot look them in the eye. Meanwhile I am looking at them bouncing their knees, tapping their feet, getting sweaty hands and I can hear the stress in their voice, I am pretty good at noticing when people are up to no-good.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Kirbmarc wrote:The new SJW meme about terrorism is that every spree killer is a terrorist, and so Muslims are only a small minority of terrorists.
It's almost like 9/11 didn't happen isn't it?

Whatever meme they are pushing, it isn't going to work. The great-unwashed like simple messages that seem to make sense prima facie. I have been saying "not all muslims" for years because the causes and motivations are just not all that simple but it falls on deaf ears. It doesn't take a genius to draw a line between all these terrorist attacks and Islam. Meanwhile the world has moved on, especially Europe which has a large migrant muslim population which brings other concerns besides terror attacks.

The SJWs have picked a losing battle with this, and every time they try to push this narrative in the face of another bloodbath, it puts them at odds with the public.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

rayshul wrote:Let's find out.

RICHARD CARRIER... I SUMMON THEE

It's my policy never to engage with y'all or go to your websites because I understand it's triggering and upsetting for you, so this is the only vehicle I'd use to communicate...

But it would be lovely if you could answer some of our pit questions, as above...

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Wait, wait, that new Carrier thing could get interesting.
Exactly what I was thinking. I had totally lost interest in it, but I'm getting some popcorn ready now.

Not that I see anything really new. Same old same old, performing for fame and fortune, but I'm still curious to see what the new song and dance will look like, and who will be watching and promoting the show besides us.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

gurugeorge wrote:A while ago I was musing about this a lot, and I came up with the notion that we should all pick a religion and LARP it. i.e. take religion as roleplaying, much as you would in a CRPG.

I think that way you'd get the social cohesion/togetherness fun benefits, without the need to fully intellectually commit. Whether it's the FSM or Christianity or Discordianism or whatnot, doesn't really matter (you pick whatever appeals to you on a deep level emotionally), you just immerse yourself in it, while keeping the rational part of your mind in a guardian position, and worship together with people, enjoy the Amish-like group cohesiveness with other people, much as you would in a videogame or LARPing.

I think that's actually how most people who were just born into a religion (but don't take it all that seriously) are anyway, but it might be interesting if this became a social thing, where we just acknowledged openly that that's what we were doing.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

paddybrown wrote:In other news, I dropped a plectrum mid-song during rehearsals with the band this afternoon, and was quite relieved to be able to finish the song with my fingers without anyone noticing. If it happens for real on the night, I should be able to manage.

free thoughtpolice

The thing is... who are you going to believe?
L just wanted to surprise Rick by dropping in to his place and surprising him with a nice rabbit stew.
And then this woman came up all emotional and stuff...

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Easy J wrote:In elementary school I figured out that everyone else seemed to be on the same page about a lot of things I didn't seem to get. I spent a lot of time consciously analyzing how people socialised, like Carrier seems to do. It was never intuitive. A huge amount of my in-person social abilities are deliberately honed affectations. I also have to consciously try to do the eye contact thing & it always gets noticed.
I've seen myself that way a lot too, most of my life. Sympathy and compassion don't usually come naturally to me, when I see people struck by adversities, so I have to think about what I might do if I did feel that way. I do have moments now and then though, when I feel intense grief when I read or hear about people being ravaged by some disaster.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The thing is... who are you going to believe?
L just wanted to surprise Rick by dropping in to his place and surprising him with a nice rabbit stew.
And then this woman came up all emotional and stuff...
Reminds me of a scene from Local Hero

Preamble:
The two men injure a rabbit on the way to the small town. One guy names it Trudy after an old girlfriend. They give it to the hotel guy to take care of it and then they go to the dining room for dinner:

[youtube]tinUaAmcGLg[/youtube]

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

rayshul wrote:Religion as a protective measure to make humans... civilised.

I have had a weird feeling about this since encountering SJWs.
rayshul wrote:I expect most people are good without God. Some people really fucking need God.
I'm curious. Where is all that coming from? Is that related to discussions here, or is it coming from offline?

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

Service Dog wrote:Today I moved nearly-everything I own, from ministorage, into a small basement apartment ...
I wish I knew something helpful to say, but I don't. I just wanted you to know, for whatever it might be worth, that I'm interested in your story.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

[youtube]629_vLbgv7g[/youtube]

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

[youtube]otCpCn0l4Wo[/youtube]

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
The pressure from SJWs to extend/redefine the meaning of "terrorism" can be directly correlated to the increase of Islamic terrorism.

Another one of their tricks is to deflect. For example, "terrorism" in the US has to be calculated from 2002 onwards. I wonder why that is? Also, they don't like when you ask them about the proportion/ratios of people involved in terrorist acts. Facts always complicate their narrative.
I find the SJW attitude to Muslims perpexing.

Remember back before the deep rifts, one thing atheists were unanimous about was that being offended was not an argument. If we criticise your religious beliefs, and you say you're offended, so what? Nobody has the right not to be offended. Then the feminists showed up, and insisted that, while Christians may have no right not to be offended, women do, and a woman taking offence is indeed an argument, and such a good one it ends all discussion (the fact that this is playing along with traditional gender roles is neither here nor there). They've gradually extended that principle to other demographics patronised by identity politics, including Muslims. So now Islam, a religion that is worse than Christianity on every measure we used to criticise Christianity for, is beyond criticism.

It's almost as if it was never about scepticism at all, and all that criticism of Christianity was nothing more than a big "fuck you dad!"

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

fuzzy wrote:Around here if you asked a room full of guitar players if anybody had a "plectum" all you would get would be blank stares.
Yes, but you chaps in the colonies also refer to a guitar's vibrato bridge as a "whammy bar", which indicates you're barbarians.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

paddybrown wrote:
I find the SJW attitude to Muslims perpexing.

Remember back before the deep rifts, one thing atheists were unanimous about was that being offended was not an argument. If we criticise your religious beliefs, and you say you're offended, so what? Nobody has the right not to be offended. Then the feminists showed up, and insisted that, while Christians may have no right not to be offended, women do, and a woman taking offence is indeed an argument, and such a good one it ends all discussion (the fact that this is playing along with traditional gender roles is neither here nor there). They've gradually extended that principle to other demographics patronised by identity politics, including Muslims. So now Islam, a religion that is worse than Christianity on every measure we used to criticise Christianity for, is beyond criticism.

It's almost as if it was never about scepticism at all, and all that criticism of Christianity was nothing more than a big "fuck you dad!"
Which is why I enjoy hearing from ex-Muslims. Broadly speaking their relationship with their former faith mirrors my own with christianity (no big 'C' for you).

And if someone wants to leave christianity because the wine was cheap and they were skimping on the budget for bread, or because they found the whole thing boring, or for whatever trivial reason - I don't have a problem with that. Obviously, whatever deeper meaning they were expecting to gain from it was not provided, and they felt their time was best spent elsewhere.

If their criticisms seem trivial - it is only in the sense that much of daily life deals with the trivial.

And for whoever is keeping track:

"Your score was 32 out of a possible 50.
Scores in the 26 - 32 range indicate some Autistic traits (Aspergers Syndrome)."

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

ramble...

I've been thinking about deLurch's decor advice... little accents to make my lawn chairs & car seats appear More Intentional, rather than look like that's all I can manage. [paraphrasing]

My first thought was that my knack for being a Trickster has become much less reliable. I used to be able to do or wear the Wrong thing & make it look Right. Second-- for a long time I would continue the Wrong way anyway, to be contrarian or defiant or to 'prove' I was above caring about superficial things. Especially during years when trivial shit was lionized... such as young men growing great, manly beards which were, paradoxically, prissy & preening as fuck. My waaaaaacky shit was as much an affectation as their pseudo-sober shit. Except their affectations were in sync with the times & I was pissing against the wind.

My grandfather lived near a bomber factory out west, during WW2. Like local townies everywhere, he found a way to make a little extra side money, cutting military guys' hair. When my dad was sent to Vietnam, he took the clippers and cut other soldiers' hair for a buck, earning the nickname 'Butch', for 'butcher'. Growing up, I was told paying someone to cut your hair was foolish. I cut my own, screwing-up often. When my band went on the road, I cut everyone's hair, screwing-up often. But there were fun triumphs, like a checkerboard pattern, which looked like something out of Hellraiser.

A barmaid once referred to my 'mental patient hairstyles'. Pretty much nailed it. Suburban punks scuff up our new sneakers & farm greasy, shaggy hair. Urban kids keep their sneakers & hair-edges crisp.

But, like I said, being a slob or freak isn't working in my favor anymore. I watched some hair & beard trimming tutorials on youtube tonite. My favorite guy is on the urban precision side. Cheesy jersey-shore kinda guy.

I tried out his advice. Kinda met him halfway between his way & mine. I think I look like a handsome mental patient.

I'm not going to take delurch's specific advice-- tie-dye & fuzzy dice are too Let It All Hang Out. Big Lebowski style. It's not bad advice, just not what I'm aiming for now. But the broader concept-- of presenting everything as Intentional, works for me. Like, the half-assembled bicycles & vespa... don't have to be pure clutter. They can indicate I know how to work with my hands, that my space is a functional workshop. Serious business. As long as it looks Organized & intentional.

I took pride in Tom Sach's assistants having to obey his 10 Bullets & their consternation that I was free to disobey all that. On a good day, I came-off like a cool McMurphy guy. Other days, just one of the Cuckoos. But it's finally time for me to abide by from Tom's little book...

[youtube]49p1JVLHUos[/youtube]

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

top? hmm. :bjarte:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

paddybrown wrote:
fuzzy wrote:Around here if you asked a room full of guitar players if anybody had a "plectum" all you would get would be blank stares.
Yes, but you chaps in the colonies also refer to a guitar's vibrato bridge as a "whammy bar", which indicates you're barbarians.
Who invented said system? We will name it whatever the hell we want. Booyah!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Who invented said system? We will name it whatever the hell we want. Booyah!
This guy, 1977.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OMuKjF5nIYo/V ... rose2.jpeg

he called it a Locking Tremelo

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

I'm taking this quote by Ashley Miller as confirmation that Carrier fucks 18 yr olds.
I recognize that if you are a 46 year old man having affairs with women in their late teens and early twenties you are remarkably immature and short sighted but it's difficult to imagine being so immature and short sighted that he would air that shit as though it would humiliate anyone but him.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

fuzzy wrote:I speak from experience when I tell you that being sued by an amateur, or rather an amateur who has found a low ranking member of the bar who is willing to pass through filings for them into the for a few c notes, can be more expensive to fight than a real lawyer, because the judge will often indulge the mistakes and let them try again.
Richard does not have to have a lawyer as a pass through conduit in the US. He can completely represent himself.

And as far as judges indulging him, he lives in Ohio now. The judge will warn him about self representing, and from there on he wouldn't be able to get a word in edgewise. The judge will be more concerned about making a misstep in front of a real lawyer. I've seen tenants get eaten alive in a housing court because they couldn't say a word without getting challenged and supported by the judge.

If you are going to play the game, you had better know the rules. ALL of the rules.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:Where is the Amy Frank legal defense fund?
Carrier isn't threatening to sue Amy Frank. Kind of odd given how he is going after everyone else. I kind of get the impression that his prior statements might not hold up so well against Amy Frank and a counter suit.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

BarnOwl wrote:20 out of 50 here, so neurotypical as fuck. :bjarte:
Bastard. 22 out of 50.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Really? wrote:Wow...Carrier blames it all on an ex lover going Fatal Attraction on him. He is Ben Radford, but guilty.
And a scumbag.
If you glance of at his testimonials, Richard Carrier seems too target young chubby girls with low self esteem.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

BarnOwl wrote:
Easy J wrote:
That post hit a little close to home, so I found an online autism test & gave it a go.

https://psychology-tools.com/autism-spe ... /score.php

"Your score was 39 out of a possible 50. Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant autistic traits (autism)."

Thinking of following up on this. It sure would explain a lot & might make a handy weapon when neurotypicals forget their privilege. Anyone know of any cheap but respectable ways to test for this?
20 out of 50 here, so neurotypical as fuck. :bjarte:
16 out of 50, you weirdo.

Eskarina

Post by Eskarina »

33 out of 50.

I'm not only very introverted, but on the spectrum, too 8-)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

deLurch wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:20 out of 50 here, so neurotypical as fuck. :bjarte:
Bastard. 22 out of 50.
26/50. There was no neutral or "neither" option (on purpose) but I could have gone either way on some of the questions.

Also, going to a theater means sitting in the dark for 2 hours watching whatever's put in front of you, whereas in a museum it's light and you get to walk around, looking at whatever you decide what you want to look at (among the things there). So because the question didn't specify that the person responding gets to pick the theater performance, I chose museum. :snooty:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

comhcinc wrote:
rayshul wrote:
comhcinc wrote:Why don't pygmy understand how to dig their own wells.

It just seems that at this point in history people should at least get the "building a well for fresh water".
I'm going to guess lack of tools (I read a bit more as that confused me too and they have to use a machine to find water, then other things to dig) and likely basic lack of agricultural knowledge as well.

How have they survived for an odd hundred thousand years without tools and basic agricultural knowledge?

I mean if they are having hardships for other reasons or people want to help them advance out of the iron age cool, but if it's lack of shoves and well building knowledge? No we have to let those people go.
Maybe because they have traditionally lived in rain forests and been hunter-gatherers?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Links to: http://heatst.com/culture-wars/progress ... t-hashtag/

This seems to be the open letter mentioned:

(I thought I saw something here within the past few weeks about this infighting, but now can't locate it)