Old subthreads
HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by HunnyBunny »

This is a US State senate candidate:
Dan Kimmel ‏@KimmelDan 1h1 hour ago
ISIS isn't necessarily evil. It is made up of people doing what they think is best for their community. Violence is not the answer, though.
Humanity is fucked. The number of posts I have seen from western people excusing the Paris Attacks is dumbfounding

Sadly they include my own SJW daughter, who delights in linking shit like this on facebook

http://i.imgur.com/aiZcHGQ.jpg

The stupid evident in that post...The Japan Earthquake?? It is a natural disaster, are we supposed to consider every disaster that ever happened before we get round to considering our feelings on current news?

I have to restrain myself, for the sake of our currently shakey mother-daughter relationship. I've logged out of FB, which I only use to communicate with my children who are inconveniently all over the planet (including one who was in Paris last week), to avoid drama.

Really?

Post by Really? »

fuzzy wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Gumby wrote:More audience pics! I love seeing all those empty seats.
I don't necessarily love it. But I kind of expected it to start going that way. I don't think Skepticon has gone full SJW... but they certainly have been tilting that direction. OK. Maybe this conference they have finally gone #FullSJW. Maybe last year's attendees saw/experienced something we did not and knew enough to duck out now.

I mean it really appears as of the event has dropped ridiculously low, both in terms of funding and attendance.
A panorama as the lights went on after the ladt talk before the prom

How Carrier sposeta get his dick wet in THAT room? I saw a pre-teen boy next to a white-haired woman. Carrier not into either.

What a great day.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Last time I saw that many empty seats it was in a church.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Skeptiprom is going well. A dancing dino broke the ice.
//imgur.com/UiidVwX

My badger

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Doctor Dick vidible in green.

Really?

Post by Really? »

fuzzy wrote:Doctor Dick vidible in green.
Many thanks. I know I can tell you that because you didn't have a sticker on your badge.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well shit, HunnyBunny.

I do fear that one day my kids will come home to tell me about their white male privilege.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Suddenly, all the wimmen I didn't see in the earlier pics are all over the place.

And here's the spunkmonster lothario talking to a Phil Plait clone. I knew it. He's got no game.

It's kinda wild actually being there. Fuzzy, you're all aces.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Suddenly, all the wimmen I didn't see in the earlier pics are all over the place.

And here's the spunkmonster lothario talking to a Phil Plait clone. I knew it. He's got no game.

So you're saying that most women didn't care enough to attend the few skepticism-related events and just wanted to socialize?

This is not at all consistent with biology, culture and the last several thousand years of human experience.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
Peezer in the nack row on the right
These photos of atheist conferences are always full of fucking ugly people. It makes me wonder, have I spent x years on here conversing with a bunch of fucking neckbeards and landwhales?

I reckon katamari is hot, and we all know that rayshul has the perfect vagina (though pics would be nice: PM me), but the rest of you? Fuck, there's no way I want a Pit meetup if you all look like the average atheist con attendee.
I get nauseous from the smells I imagine coming from some of these people.

It only takes one freebleeder to get me puking. or a muslim atheist real life elfwick, with poop fingers from pooping like the oppressed people do...

I spotted the XL Svan in the back and immediately thought of a minivan with that farts, boogers, mildew, children's seat and mc nuggets aroma. I don't know if she has kids, but I am certain she has to ride in a smelly handicap minivan.

Also notice that cluster distribution pattern. I don't think it's simply social awkwardness at play. There are invisible force fields. Pungent smells from the various genders announce themselves - loser balls and unkempt grilled cheese vagina. Small social groups form around the borders of the various scent cones. Islands of crohns are politely staking out distant solo spots. binary obese orbit each other tightly, exchanging particles and gasses like stellar bodies.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

franc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
rayshul wrote:It is traditional for SJWs to present themselves in internet photos as nine billion times more attractive than they actually are in the real world. If you can't fake it with camera angles, I guess you have to use a cartoon. Which I have never fucking understood to be honest because their whole message is supposed to be about self love and feeling good about yourself as you or... or is that only when you're using a #nofilter hashtag?

Ah fuck it, they're never consistent.
Melody Hensley sucks in so much cheek in her selfies, she's practically deep-throating herself.
I am deeply concerned about Melody. After years of Tweeterrhoea, peaking when at bedridden worst, this -
Selection_191.png
Hopefully she has realized that tweeting is only exacerbating her PTSD. Good for her, I think it's great that...haha...she now has taken hold of her illness and...fucking LOL...made some progress towards...oh FUCK!!! I cannot do this. How the fuck am I supposed to give internet hugs to someone as ridiculous as The Slug? So she's stopped tweeting? Well done, Slug. I hope it works out well for you (honestly), and that you keep it up. Alcoholism, alcohol. Offended by Twitter tweets, Twitter.

Parody Accountant

Is so kiva Hitchens the one with big boobies

Really?

Post by Really? »

And has anyone at Skepticon explored why it looks like the women at Skeptiprom felt the need to take time to wear dresses? I mean, if we can't smash patriarchy and gender roles at Skepticon, where can we do that? So much internalized misogyny.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

So you're saying that most women didn't care enough to attend the few skepticism-related events and just wanted to socialize?

This is not at all consistent with biology, culture and the last several thousand years of human experience.
Actually, I was being polite... Suddenly, half the neckbeards reappeared in their finest backless spaghetti straps.

And Richard Carrier still has no game.

Parody Accountant

Nice la Blue girl apelust

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Parody Accountant wrote: I get nauseous from the smells I imagine coming from some of these people.

It only takes one freebleeder to get me puking. or a muslim atheist real life elfwick, with poop fingers from pooping like the oppressed people do...

I spotted the XL Svan in the back and immediately thought of a minivan with that farts, boogers, mildew, children's seat and mc nuggets aroma. I don't know if she has kids, but I am certain she has to ride in a smelly handicap minivan.

Also notice that cluster distribution pattern. I don't think it's simply social awkwardness at play. There are invisible force fields. Pungent smells from the various genders announce themselves - loser balls and unkempt grilled cheese vagina. Small social groups form around the borders of the various scent cones. Islands of crohns are politely staking out distant solo spots. binary obese orbit each other tightly, exchanging particles and gasses like stellar bodies.
Islands of crohns... binary obese... :shock: :lol: :lol:

You're a bulimic Bukowski, you know that?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really? wrote:And has anyone at Skepticon explored why it looks like the women at Skeptiprom felt the need to take time to wear dresses? I mean, if we can't smash patriarchy and gender roles at Skepticon, where can we do that? So much internalized misogyny.
What makes you think they ided as women when they put on the dresses?
You suffer from delusions that society has conditioned you to accept. :cdc:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Probably :nin: months ago, but I just noticed that Skepticon have invited Godfrey Elfwick and Ken Ham to speak.

Diverse, indeed!

http://i.imgur.com/Q6BbDjA.png

http://skepticon.org/speakers/

Really?

Post by Really? »

Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:

Actually, I was being polite... Suddenly, half the neckbeards reappeared in their finest backless spaghetti straps.

But----he has several tertiary girlfriends with whom he is totally in a relationship, even though he has no obligation whatsoever to them when they are with their primaries!!!!!!

He must be having lots and lots of sex with the women to whom he's deeply committed, or else he wouldn't be asking for dates online!

#IBelieveCarrier and that means it's clear he's going to have a sub manslave's semen on his face in less than two hours because, you know, it's SKEPTICon. Where having an opposing viewpoint after THEY ASKED YOU TO SPEAK gets you disowned and labeled a racist.

Really?

Post by Really? »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Really? wrote:And has anyone at Skepticon explored why it looks like the women at Skeptiprom felt the need to take time to wear dresses? I mean, if we can't smash patriarchy and gender roles at Skepticon, where can we do that? So much internalized misogyny.
What makes you think they ided as women when they put on the dresses?
You suffer from delusions that society has conditioned you to accept. :cdc:
You're right. They're all transmen who have been cyberbullied so hard that they're afraid to grow beards.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fuzzy wrote:
Peezer in the nack row on the right
These photos of atheist conferences are always full of fucking ugly people. It makes me wonder, have I spent x years on here conversing with a bunch of fucking neckbeards and landwhales?

I reckon katamari is hot, and we all know that rayshul has the perfect vagina (though pics would be nice: PM me), but the rest of you? Fuck, there's no way I want a Pit meetup if you all look like the average atheist con attendee.
I'm a stud.

Parody Accountant

fuzzy wrote:Skeptiprom is going well. A dancing dino broke the ice.
//imgur.com/UiidVwX

My badger
Green sticker, and yell at people who are not on your green list

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

deLurch wrote:
Gumby wrote:More audience pics! I love seeing all those empty seats.
I don't necessarily love it. But I kind of expected it to start going that way. I don't think Skepticon has gone full SJW... but they certainly have been tilting that direction. OK. Maybe this conference they have finally gone #FullSJW. Maybe last year's attendees saw/experienced something we did not and knew enough to duck out now.

I mean it really appears as of the event has dropped ridiculously low, both in terms of funding and attendance.
They turned down my $300.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

deLurch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Wtf now? :popcorn:
If I were to place bets, someone posted tweets about one of the black twitters who was going after the Photographer, was religious.

So you get a religious black SJW, popping into a Skeptic conference, and pz just can't get the black off of him fast enough. Imagine that. PZ. Pissed off at having to listen to a woman of color. Why did he just not shut up and listen. Listen and believe.
Pretty sure he's referring to this talk:
DESTIN SANDLIN 8PM TO 8:50PM
At Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center, Main Hall

Destin Sandlin
@smartereveryday
The guy who runs the Smarter Every Day YouTube channel. He's got around 3.38 million subscribers.

I caught a small portion and he was talking about how he's a Christian and includes a reference to a Bible verse at the end of each video. For the few minutes I saw, he was getting a few laughs playing up atheist-Christian stereotypes. Not sure what happened after that.

Parody Accountant

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Probably :nin: months ago, but I just noticed that Skepticon have invited Godfrey Elfwick and Ken Ham to speak.

Diverse, indeed!

http://i.imgur.com/Q6BbDjA.png

http://skepticon.org/speakers/
Someone has gotta 2pay

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

CuntajusRationality wrote:I caught a small portion and he was talking about how he's a Christian and includes a reference to a Bible verse at the end of each video. For the few minutes I saw, he was getting a few laughs playing up atheist-Christian stereotypes. Not sure what happened after that.
I had it going on my second screen. It's the talk that I suggested was pitched at ten-year-olds. He even tried to get answers to simple questions from the audience.

I hate to agree with PZ Myers, but it did suck.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Really?

Post by Really? »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
CuntajusRationality wrote:I caught a small portion and he was talking about how he's a Christian and includes a reference to a Bible verse at the end of each video. For the few minutes I saw, he was getting a few laughs playing up atheist-Christian stereotypes. Not sure what happened after that.
I had it going on my second screen. It's the talk that I suggested was pitched at ten-year-olds. He even tried to get answers to simple questions from the audience.

I hate to agree with PZ Myers, but it did suck.
I agree. Skepticon would have been much better off asking PZ to hop on stage and harass another skinny white woman.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

After they bully a young man with a disability until he cries while trying to defend himself, uberbully Rebecca Watson has to come out and mocked him because he was emotional at being abused.
Wow Becky, you really have social justice on your side.

Rebecca Watson
November 14, 2015 at 9:12 pm — Log in to Reply

That video!!! I can’t handle it. I can’t handle the tears. Wow. WOW. He was upset at being asked if he was a racist. That’s what they in the PR world call “a softball.” JFC.
WOW, he was a real retard Becky, What an amateur. :snooty:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Really? wrote:

But----he has several tertiary girlfriends with whom he is totally in a relationship, even though he has no obligation whatsoever to them when they are with their primaries!!!!!!

He must be having lots and lots of sex with the women to whom he's deeply committed, or else he wouldn't be asking for dates online!

#IBelieveCarrier and that means it's clear he's going to have a sub manslave's semen on his face in less than two hours because, you know, it's SKEPTICon. Where having an opposing viewpoint after THEY ASKED YOU TO SPEAK gets you disowned and labeled a racist.
Hahaha! Yes, he's having lots and lots of sex with the women to whom he's deeply committed. And once again, courtesy of Fuzzy, we're seeing the pool of babes he's drawing from. A Carrier orgy is like an all-you-can-eat potted meat buffet.

Am I saying that harem of girlfriends he won't shut up about is more like a kennel? Well, they're fucking Carrier, aren't they?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

deLurch wrote:
If I were to place bets, someone posted tweets about one of the black twitters who was going after the Photographer, was religious.

So you get a religious black SJW, popping into a Skeptic conference, and pz just can't get the black off of him fast enough. Imagine that. PZ. Pissed off at having to listen to a woman of color. Why did he just not shut up and listen. Listen and believe.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Q6BbDjA.png
Sam Kean was one of the few people I knew ahead of time in a positive manner. He's a decent pop sci writer.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote:After they bully a young man with a disability until he cries while trying to defend himself, uberbully Rebecca Watson has to come out and mocked him because he was emotional at being abused.
Wow Becky, you really have social justice on your side.

Rebecca Watson
November 14, 2015 at 9:12 pm — Log in to Reply

That video!!! I can’t handle it. I can’t handle the tears. Wow. WOW. He was upset at being asked if he was a racist. That’s what they in the PR world call “a softball.” JFC.
WOW, he was a real retard Becky, What an amateur. :snooty:
Oh, fuck off Boodles. Some of us saved the moment you had to cut away from your video as you got blubbery recounting FOR THE 1000TH TIME the abuse you endure for acting like an asshole being a woman with an opinion on the internet.

http://imgur.com/DkCxhzE.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:
Sam Kean was one of the few people I knew ahead of time in a positive manner. He's a decent pop sci writer.
The author of The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons. Knew I recognised the name.

CuntajusRationality

Post by CuntajusRationality »

Brive1987 wrote:Skepticon's SJ card is on display.

Their official response to racist-gate.

http://skepticon.org/regarding-the-qa-w ... ierbecker/
Audience members insisted on a spontaneous, extended Q&A that included both questions and concerns.
We also extend our thanks to the audience members who insisted that the event, billed as a Q&A, include audience questions as well as concerns about racism and press responses to racist threats and violence. Thank you for holding Skepticon to its promises.

We’re working on releasing full video of the entire session as soon as possible, including the spontaneous, extended Q&A afterwards. We commend our attendees for standing up and adding their voices to the conversation.
:popcorn:

Really?

Post by Really? »

Brive1987 wrote:
deLurch wrote:

What an odd thing to say. PZ was more than happy to let an Xian come to Skepticon and tell him what to think earlier today.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Sunder wrote:
Don't care. :snooty: He looks like Ken Ham. :pray:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Sunder wrote:
Don't care. :snooty: He looks like Ken Ham. :pray:
Well it IS almost an anagram.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Really? wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
What an odd thing to say. PZ was more than happy to let an Xian come to Skepticon and tell him what to think earlier today.
Right? Wasn't the black lass a self-confirmed "Jesus freak"? This little Meyers maggot doesn't know which way to wriggle when given a choice between race and religion.

Squirm, little maggot, squirm!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

So Skepticon invite an all-white duo to discuss campus racism, then Myers attacks a black guy in the audience for speaking up just because he's religious?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Let's see if this works
https://dropfile.to/H2lEw

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

fuzzy wrote:Let's see if this works
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Wonderful! Thanks, Fuzzy!

Like I said, that guy has NO FUCKING GAME.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Anyone else watching The Last Kingdom on BBC2?

It's a historical drama set in 9th Century Britain based on the books by Bernard Cornwell.

I'm not massively familiar with the period but I'm enjoying it so far.

A bit short on dragons though.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

[youtube]YkjEe_7IOu8[/youtube]

Start at 22 minutes.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

If I had only had two skeptics to observe to learn about science, the scientific method, and making a better society

+ Destin Sandlin, Smarter Everyday, aerospace engineer, Christian
+ PZ Myers, Pharyngula, biologist, A+theist

I'd probably convert.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Just recognized D4m10n and doxxed/introduced myself, had a pleasant chat. Hope to talk more extensively tomorrow.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

HAHAHAHA. Fuzzy, you magnificent monster you! That was fucking great. Carrier is indeed a hobbit. And what a dancer! Whoosh. HAHAHAHA.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Rousey is down!!! Rousey is down!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/694268 ... 00x467.png
Holly Holm has caused a sensational upset in UFC 193, knocking out the superstar of the sport, Ronda Rousey, in the second round.

The underdog dominated the fight before knocking Rousey to the canvas with a crunching left-foot kick 59 seconds into round two.

Holm made a blistering start to the bantamweight title fight in Melbourne, becoming the first fighter to win a round against the former judo champion.

Rousey's past three fights had lasted 64 seconds in total but Holm proved a far more serious challenger.

The former boxing champion stung Rousey with a series powerful jabs in the opening round, but more importantly managed to keep the ex judo champion at a distance.

A some heated overhand lefts from the southpaw landed flush and left Rousey's face bloody, with the underdog clearly taking the points in round one.

Rousey finally managed to get closer to her opponent in the second round, but that only allowed Holm to dish out more punishment.

Holm had Rousey staggering with some crunching left hooks, before finishing her off with a perfectly executed left-foot kick which landed flush under the champ's jaw.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-15/r ... 93/6942592

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Seriously LOL. Classic. :clap: :dance:

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Brive1987 wrote:
Seriously LOL. Classic. :clap: :dance:
Bwah hah hah

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Well my SJW daughter has not only unfriended me on facebook, she has also blocked me. Because I am 'offending people of faith, islamophobic and racist'.

It's been brewing for months, so I asked some time ago if we could just agree to disagree and keep it at arm's length. To have the final straw be the Paris attacks is depressing. She is so angry at everyone in the western world, implying the French brought it on themselves, that 9/11 was purely down to the US...blaming everyone except the Islamic Ideology.

This self-loathing that an entire generation seems to have for itself is not healthy. They may as well all start wearing hair shirts and practising corporal mortification to atone for their society's sins.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Sunder wrote:[youtube]YkjEe_7IOu8[/youtube]

Start at 22 minutes.

That really hits close to home and I really want to punch some of these people.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well shit HunnyBunny.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

More footage of the Skepticon dance:

[youtube]-rYYW1Iqjuc[/youtube]

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Sunder wrote:[youtube]YkjEe_7IOu8[/youtube]

Start at 22 minutes.
The channel owner seems pretty seasoned an interviewer, and is a black man who's an atheist and was attending Skepticon anyway (from other info on his youtube channel). Wonder whether the session at Skepticon would have gone differently if he'd been the person interviewing Mr Schierbecker on stage.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Hunnbunny, that's just terrible. I am very sorry to hear that.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Skep tickle wrote:The channel owner seems pretty seasoned an interviewer, and is a black man who's an atheist and was attending Skepticon anyway (from other info on his youtube channel). Wonder whether the session at Skepticon would have gone differently if he'd been the person interviewing Mr Schierbecker on stage.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

To clarify, he's calling what the Skepticon organizers did to Schierbecker assault, which may be a bit too broad, but it was definitely bullying.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »