Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
bhoytony

Re: Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Not really Pit relevant but fuck you:
You Smoggies and your quaint local customs.

http://i.imgur.com/kplcTtW.png

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:The lion never laid down with the lamb. It's not in the Bible, though it's often preached from the pulpit as if it were. The phrase and misconception is very modern.

I'm not trying to correct you like a dickhead... I just found that fact interesting when I discovered it. Your kilomeratage may vary.
I looked up 'lion' at the Skeptics Annotated Bible site, and it popped out: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/is/11.html
11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
So, the well-known lion and lamb thing probably started somewhere as a mixed up and overly simplified version of the above. Sometimes I get the feeling that christians don't actually read their own story/rule book. Even their preachers don't seem to actually read the thing.
And if the "lion shall eat straw like the ox", then the lion will end up like the nearly dead vegan kitten. Biblegodjesuswhoever is rather stupid.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaes ... r-edition/
Then people like Stephanie Zvan popped me on the noggin and did that thing where the sensei grabs the pupil’s jaw, mooshes their lips into an appropriate representation of their gaping ignorance, and proceeds to forcibly enlighten them.
That I would have paid to see. Why do I get the impression that, given a slight nudge in the right direction, Dana's don't-kill-people switch wouldn't operate entirely correctly either.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:

Can't blame him. There's literally nothing else to do.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Yeah all those heifers we have running with the bull are just there for a laugh. AI is expensive and time-consuming. If the consumer didn't pay £1 for 4l when we are getting 33p on the litre (do the maths) AI would be unnecessary. Fuckin' townies comin' owt to oor cuntrycyde n talking bollocks. GET ORF MOI LAND!

Oh and I realise this is not your idiocy Tony, just venting. (Like a chicken)

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

LMFAO that last line is beautiful. I hope the horse had his dick in it's mouth when it bolted.

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:The lion never laid down with the lamb. It's not in the Bible, though it's often preached from the pulpit as if it were. The phrase and misconception is very modern.

I'm not trying to correct you like a dickhead... I just found that fact interesting when I discovered it. Your kilomeratage may vary.
I looked up 'lion' at the Skeptics Annotated Bible site, and it popped out: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/is/11.html
11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
So, the well-known lion and lamb thing probably started somewhere as a mixed up and overly simplified version of the above. Sometimes I get the feeling that christians don't actually read their own story/rule book. Even their preachers don't seem to actually read the thing.
And if the "lion shall eat straw like the ox", then the lion will end up like the nearly dead vegan kitten. Biblegodjesuswhoever is rather stupid.
[youtube]9IX6iCyAwz0[/youtube]

I predict a decline in the price
of lamb & lion international
The lamb's gone missing and
the lion's sleeping peacefully
We've lost our quorum

In respect, second thought,
this merger was established rather hastily
We thought we read it in the book
but we couldn't find the verse

Now the storm clouds roll in

Bow your head to the lion
Chant the name of the lion
Burn the mane of the lion into
Every mountaintop

Build a cage for the lamb
Dig a grave for the lamb
Set a place for the lamb
On every altar.

NotEvenFalse

Post by NotEvenFalse »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/blackskepti ... ypocrites/

This is a fascinating article that doesn't appear to have been covered by anybody. The author has a series of "egregious stats" pertaining to African-Americans in STEM fields. They are underrepresented, and their numbers are apparently in decline.

This quote from a social justice warrior is just great.
As Level Playing Field founder Freada Kapor Klein notes in a recent L.A. Times article on diversity in SV, “Silicon Valley’s obsession with meritocracy is delusional and aspirational and not a statement of how it really operates,” she said. “Unless someone wants to posit that intelligence is not evenly distributed across genders and race, there has to be some systematic explanation for what these numbers look like.”
This is great for a number of reasons. First of all, the structure of her statement lies on a brilliant false dichotomy. Either society is racist and sexist, or YOU ARE. Or: if you don't agree with me, you are racist and sexist.

Second, this part:
Unless someone wants to posit that intelligence is not evenly distributed across genders and race
Intelligence ISN'T evenly distributed across genders and race. The average IQ for African-Americans is a standard deviation below that of Caucasian-Americans, which in turn is about 5 or so points below that of Asian-Americans. Male IQ distribution has greater variance than female IQ distribution. IQ highly correlates with the types of abstract reasoning skills necessary to excel in STEM fields.

Of course, the elephant in the room she fails to mention is the fact that African-American culture has a not insignificant hostility to formal education. I'm sure that's white people's fault, though.

I know the people here normally attack feminists, but this shit shouldn't slide either.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote: You Smoggies and your quaint local customs.

Oh come on, I've heard Middlesborough is just like a tropical South American paradise.

[youtube]_VKWLC87Uzw[/youtube]

Apples

Post by Apples »

Hunt wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaes ... r-edition/
Then people like Stephanie Zvan popped me on the noggin and did that thing where the sensei grabs the pupil’s jaw, mooshes their lips into an appropriate representation of their gaping ignorance, and proceeds to forcibly enlighten them.
That I would have paid to see. Why do I get the impression that, given a slight nudge in the right direction, Dana's don't-kill-people switch wouldn't operate entirely correctly either.
Ah, yes. Dana Hunter. Those nasty predatory men just won't leave her alone.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lm4o3aGbSqI/T ... CTac01.jpg

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

That donkey sex documentary from Vice is actually pretty interesting. I saw it a while back. Good post.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

NotEvenFalse wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/blackskepti ... ypocrites/

This is a fascinating article that doesn't appear to have been covered by anybody. The author has a series of "egregious stats" pertaining to African-Americans in STEM fields. They are underrepresented, and their numbers are apparently in decline.

As Level Playing Field founder Freada Kapor Klein notes in a recent L.A. Times article on diversity in SV, “Silicon Valley’s obsession with meritocracy is delusional and aspirational and not a statement of how it really operates,” she said. “Unless someone wants to posit that intelligence is not evenly distributed across genders and race, there has to be some systematic explanation for what these numbers look like.”
This is great for a number of reasons. First of all, the structure of her statement lies on a brilliant false dichotomy. Either society is racist and sexist, or YOU ARE. Or: if you don't agree with me, you are racist and sexist.

Second, this part:
Unless someone wants to posit that intelligence is not evenly distributed across genders and race
Intelligence ISN'T evenly distributed across genders and race. The average IQ for African-Americans is a standard deviation below that of Caucasian-Americans, which in turn is about 5 or so points below that of Asian-Americans. Male IQ distribution has greater variance than female IQ distribution. IQ highly correlates with the types of abstract reasoning skills necessary to excel in STEM fields.

Of course, the elephant in the room she fails to mention is the fact that African-American culture has a not insignificant hostility to formal education. I'm sure that's white people's fault, though.

I know the people here normally attack feminists, but this shit shouldn't slide either.
That deserves a decided welcome and "fuck off". Of course the potential for intelligence is evenly spread (at birth) - it's white MENS fault it then gets lumpy, stop ya victim blaming.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Parody Accountant wrote:That donkey sex documentary from Vice is actually pretty interesting. I saw it a while back. Good post.
Delete your browser search history.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jimthepleb wrote: LMFAO that last line is beautiful. I hope the horse had his dick in it's mouth when it bolted.
The situation soon descended into farce.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
jimthepleb wrote: LMFAO that last line is beautiful. I hope the horse had his dick in it's mouth when it bolted.
I once mocked you for colouring in toy soldiers, but now I see it has saved you from taking up the local's favourite hobby, I must apologise.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

Second, this part:

Welcome and fuck off.

I think I said before that SJWs ultimately have a bigoted worldview. They do fundamentally believe that circumstances of birth determine (or heavily influence) a person's innate value. Therefore, it's not surprised to see them making the racist KKK argument that differences in average IQ and education levels prove that black people can never be as good as white people, and therefore we need racist anti-merit programs to artificially elevate those poor dears. SJW feminists make the same arguments about white middle class women, which is even funnier if anything.

If I were a black man, I don't know if I'd see much of a difference between this "liberal" thinking and the way white supremacists talk about black people's intelligence as a function of their race. How patronizing and insulting for an intelligent black person to be told that meritocracy (the system of advancement based on pure achievement) is racist against them.

Merit is racist. Brilliant. Let's not look at social stigmas within communities or support networks (or lack of one) within communities. Nah, a meritocratic system is racist against all non-whites and non-asians.

Finally, note that the article has another dig at Global Secular Council. Well, I just can't imagine why they would block you guys!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Parody Accountant wrote:Other stories you may have missed:
http://i.imgur.com/AH5n6vP.jpg
Bloody retards. The cat's owners, obviously.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Scented Nectar wrote:

But the lamb did lie down on Broadway.

Opyt

Post by Opyt »

James:
The problem that person has with the GSC is that there aren't enough affirmative action quotas being filled. Obviously young black men and women should be dragged from their homes and parents by the gummamint, and forced into a system where they do the work they're told to do to enter a field that they could give two shits about. Wow the slavery imagery isn't remotely noticeable or anything.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/entequilaes ... r-edition/
That I would have paid to see.
I can picture the moment. Zvan sitting cross-legged in a Minnesota field, her legion of acolytes spread in a fan around her. The Stephartha silently holds up a cow patty. The followers are confused. Only across Hunter's face does the smile of enlightenment appear.

James Caruthers

And we will call this state of enlightenment

NirZvana

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:

Second, this part:

That deserves a decided welcome and "fuck off". Of course the potential for intelligence is evenly spread (at birth) - it's white MENS fault it then gets lumpy, stop ya victim blaming.
BlackSkeptics is Sikivu Hutchinson, about as virulent a racist as you'll find. If her mashed potatoes were lumpy, she'd blame it on white folks.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Now that A+ is dying, we may have to expand our portfolio.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: BlackSkeptics is Sikivu Hutchinson, about as virulent a racist as you'll find. If her mashed potatoes were lumpy, she'd blame it on white folks.
If you didn't know it, it would be easy to assume from her writings that Sikivu grew up in the projects somewhere, a child of poverty and neglect.
Yet she herself comes from an affluent and, dare I say it, privileged, background. Her father is the author Earl Ofari Hutchinson, an anuthor and broadcaster and head of several foundations.
http://blackchristiannews.com/bloggers/ ... n-bio.html

dogen

Post by dogen »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 2) Zinnia specifically annoys the hell out of me because ze: is so obviously an XY male with male anatomy; has done little or nothing to physically transition, other than growing long hair, getting a trans* tattoo, and altering zir tenor; yet expects the world to just accept zir as a woman, and gets pissed when people just can't, or that het males don't get raging boners off that grody selfie, in the same way they'd get them off a 23-yo Helen Mirren frolicking in the surf in AGE OF CONSENT.
Going to have to correct you on this one. Zinna has been undergoing hormone therapy, hence her 'breasts'. Moreover, I read a couple of months ago that she is planning to undergo an orchiectomy (remove the berries, leave the twig).

Grwd

Post by Grwd »

Thanks, Dr. Zoidberg.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Apples wrote:Ah, yes. Dana Hunter. Those nasty predatory men just won't leave her alone.

Come on now. That is the most attractive British woman I have ever seen.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

deLurch wrote:
Apples wrote:Ah, yes. Dana Hunter. Those nasty predatory men just won't leave her alone.

Septic tank.

Grwd

Post by Grwd »

Come now. Let's not be mean for no reason.

But has she really claimed that a lot of men approach her?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
I once mocked you for colouring in toy soldiers, but now I see it has saved you from taking up the local's favourite hobby, I must apologise.
It took me a few goes but I realised it just wasn't for me.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Grwd wrote:Come now. Let's not be mean for no reason.

But has she really claimed that a lot of men approach her?
Yes, lay off her. I thought she was great when she used to present Crackerjack.

http://i.imgur.com/4dbhsi3.png

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
It took me a few goes but I realised it just wasn't for me.
I don't think you'll go far wrong if you stick to colouring in things you bought and supporting your soccerball team (Go Hedgehogs!).

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I'm mean because I have a tiny penis.

NotEvenFalse

Post by NotEvenFalse »

James Caruthers wrote:I think I said before that SJWs ultimately have a bigoted worldview. They do fundamentally believe that circumstances of birth determine (or heavily influence) a person's innate value. Therefore, it's not surprised to see them making the racist KKK argument that differences in average IQ and education levels prove that black people can never be as good as white people, and therefore we need racist anti-merit programs to artificially elevate those poor dears. SJW feminists make the same arguments about white middle class women, which is even funnier if anything.
Exactly. Two sides of the same coin. The connections are really amazing. For example, there is some evidence and a dearth (Vader) of heuristic reasoning to suggest that genetics plays some role in the variations in IQ. Both these groups take this to mean that these variations are intractable. So, mutations don't exist, genetic drift doesn't exist, cultural pressures can't create selective pressures, and epigenetics is just completely beyond their grasp. Are we sure these people aren't creationists?
Brive1987 wrote:Of course the potential for intelligence is evenly spread (at birth) - it's white MENS fault it then gets lumpy, stop ya victim blaming.
Here's another connection. Replace any KKK Jew-hating conspiracy theory with white, male, heterosexual and you have social justice rhetoric. The SJW are worse in my opinion, though. I can at least somewhat understand the KKK mentality. They are mostly Christians, and therefore worship a dead Jewish wizard. If they can ascribe magical powers to one Jewish person, why not the whole lot.
James wrote:If I were a black man, I don't know if I'd see much of a difference between this "liberal" thinking and the way white supremacists talk about black people's intelligence as a function of their race. How patronizing and insulting for an intelligent black person to be told that meritocracy (the system of advancement based on pure achievement) is racist against them.

Merit is racist. Brilliant. Let's not look at social stigmas within communities or support networks (or lack of one) within communities. Nah, a meritocratic system is racist against all non-whites and non-asians.
They really are just promoting "the White Man's Burden" if you think about it. White people are solely responsible for the wellbeing of all others because they alone have the capacity to ensure it.

Also, be careful with statements like "f I were a black man." This may seem like a form of empathizing to you people, but SJW law dictates that you don't get to do this. Only black people can talk about what it's like to be black. Trying to imagine yourself as someone else in order to better understand their point of view is all of the *ists combined.
Finally, note that the article has another dig at Global Secular Council. Well, I just can't imagine why they would block you guys!

There's also a dig at Neil deGrasse Tyson. I suspect someone is jelly.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
I'm mean because I have a tiny penis.
No wonder you gave up on the horse lovin'

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

bhoytony wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Septic tank.
Definitely British. She drinks pints.
of coke

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
I don't think you'll go far wrong if you stick to colouring in things you bought and supporting your soccerball team (Go Hedgehogs!).

Not that I'm a bestiality aficionado or anything but why would anybody want a blowjob off a horse? Surely it comes with more immediate risks than putting it in the other end?
I just don't think he thought it through.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

jimthepleb wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
deLurch wrote: Come on now. That is the most attractive British woman I have ever seen.
Septic tank.
Definitely British. She drinks pints.
of coke
There's definitely some British ancestry in those teeth.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

NotEvenFalse wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:I think I said before that SJWs ultimately have a bigoted worldview. They do fundamentally believe that circumstances of birth determine (or heavily influence) a person's innate value. Therefore, it's not surprised to see them making the racist KKK argument that differences in average IQ and education levels prove that black people can never be as good as white people, and therefore we need racist anti-merit programs to artificially elevate those poor dears. SJW feminists make the same arguments about white middle class women, which is even funnier if anything.
Exactly. Two sides of the same coin. The connections are really amazing. For example, there is some evidence and a dearth (Vader) of heuristic reasoning to suggest that genetics plays some role in the variations in IQ. Both these groups take this to mean that these variations are intractable. So, mutations don't exist, genetic drift doesn't exist, cultural pressures can't create selective pressures, and epigenetics is just completely beyond their grasp. Are we sure these people aren't creationists?
Brive1987 wrote:Of course the potential for intelligence is evenly spread (at birth) - it's white MENS fault it then gets lumpy, stop ya victim blaming.
Here's another connection. Replace any KKK Jew-hating conspiracy theory with white, male, heterosexual and you have social justice rhetoric. The SJW are worse in my opinion, though. I can at least somewhat understand the KKK mentality. They are mostly Christians, and therefore worship a dead Jewish wizard. If they can ascribe magical powers to one Jewish person, why not the whole lot.
James wrote:If I were a black man, I don't know if I'd see much of a difference between this "liberal" thinking and the way white supremacists talk about black people's intelligence as a function of their race. How patronizing and insulting for an intelligent black person to be told that meritocracy (the system of advancement based on pure achievement) is racist against them.

They really are just promoting "the White Man's Burden" if you think about it. White people are solely responsible for the wellbeing of all others because they alone have the capacity to ensure it.

Also, be careful with statements like "f I were a black man." This may seem like a form of empathizing to you people, but SJW law dictates that you don't get to do this. Only black people can talk about what it's like to be black. Trying to imagine yourself as someone else in order to better understand their point of view is all of the *ists combined.

There's also a dig at Neil deGrasse Tyson. I suspect someone is jelly.

I don't know much about genetic change in a (relatively) short period of time, but have always wondered how true the following excerpt from Chris Rock. It has always rung true to me.
[youtube]DLKvYB7CeAY[/youtube]

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

jimthepleb wrote: Definitely British. She drinks pints.
of coke
Wrong.

Pint for the gentleman, glass of white wine or fruit-based beverage for the lady. Those are the rules.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

bhoytony wrote:
of coke
Wrong.

Pint for the gentleman, glass of white wine or fruit-based beverage for the lady. Those are the rules.
Put a brolly in the pint of course and it'd be a cocktail.
The real question is do you stir with a screwdriver or a hammer?

dogen

Post by dogen »

bhoytony wrote:
of coke
Wrong.

What about a Babycham?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

[youtube]u7RFYEe42VI[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 2) Zinnia specifically annoys the hell out of me because ze: is so obviously an XY male with male anatomy; has done little or nothing to physically transition, other than growing long hair, getting a trans* tattoo, and altering zir tenor
Going to have to correct you on this one. Zinna has been undergoing hormone therapy, hence her 'breasts'. Moreover, I read a couple of months ago that she is planning to undergo an orchiectomy (remove the berries, leave the twig).
Thanks for the correction. Hope that makes ZInnia happier (though there's a very high co-morbidity of mental health issues with trans*ism, & reassignment is no panacea). Still won't help much in the passing dept.

Which brings me back to my two main gripes about how SJWs approach trans*. If an adult or pubescent teen is certain they are the opposite gender, then reassignment is the way to go. But SJWs, based on their evidence-free dogma, insist that a trans* is a trans* when xe hits the ground. So they push for reassigning children as young as three. This conflicts directly with the WPATH Standards of Care recc. that Zinnia goes on about, because gender identity can often in be flux among young children, but usually sorts itself out on its own.

Also, per SJW "at-birth" dogma, any contemplation, that a trans* identity might develop at least in part from environmental influences, is taboo. So, any treatment path which might lead to reconciling one's gender identity with one's physical identity (instead of the other way around), is declared evil. But consider: one small study found a higher prevalence of MtF among members of homophobic cultures. Based on interviews, it seems some of these MtFs, observing that 'only women can be attracted to men', concluded that they needed to be women. For them, at least, counseling to help them accept their male, homosexual identity would have been the way to go.

With any other issue (obesity, for example) the least invasive option would be tried first (changing diet, routines, etc.) before the invasive / surgical (lipo, stomach stapling.) Thanks to dogma, with trans*, the invasive (hormones, surgery) has become pretty much the one & only option.

Finally, SJWs have shifted the goalposts. Instead of just demanding society accept trans* people without discrimination, we must now pretend an MtF is a "woman" just the same as an XX female is. And, per Dana Hunter, want to fuck them. That's against human nature, and it ain't gonna happen. They can have an "F" on their IDs, but the "Mt-" will always be there to some extent.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: BlackSkeptics is Sikivu Hutchinson, about as virulent a racist as you'll find. If her mashed potatoes were lumpy, she'd blame it on white folks.
If you didn't know it, it would be easy to assume from her writings that Sikivu grew up in the projects somewhere, a child of poverty and neglect.
Yet she herself comes from an affluent and, dare I say it, privileged, background. Her father is the author Earl Ofari Hutchinson, an anuthor and broadcaster and head of several foundations.
http://blackchristiannews.com/bloggers/ ... n-bio.html
Delicious irony whenever a black (or a woman) builds a successful career entirely on complaining how being a black (or a woman) makes it sooo hard to build a successful career.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
dogen wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: 2) Zinnia specifically annoys the hell out of me because ze: is so obviously an XY male with male anatomy; has done little or nothing to physically transition, other than growing long hair, getting a trans* tattoo, and altering zir tenor
Thanks for the correction. Hope that makes ZInnia happier (though there's a very high co-morbidity of mental health issues with trans*ism, & reassignment is no panacea). Still won't help much in the passing dept.

Which brings me back to my two main gripes about how SJWs approach trans*. If an adult or pubescent teen is certain they are the opposite gender, then reassignment is the way to go. But SJWs, based on their evidence-free dogma, insist that a trans* is a trans* when xe hits the ground. So they push for reassigning children as young as three. This conflicts directly with the WPATH Standards of Care recc. that Zinnia goes on about, because gender identity can often in be flux among young children, but usually sorts itself out on its own.

Also, per SJW "at-birth" dogma, any contemplation, that a trans* identity might develop at least in part from environmental influences, is taboo. So, any treatment path which might lead to reconciling one's gender identity with one's physical identity (instead of the other way around), is declared evil. But consider: one small study found a higher prevalence of MtF among members of homophobic cultures. Based on interviews, it seems some of these MtFs, observing that 'only women can be attracted to men', concluded that they needed to be women. For them, at least, counseling to help them accept their male, homosexual identity would have been the way to go.

With any other issue (obesity, for example) the least invasive option would be tried first (changing diet, routines, etc.) before the invasive / surgical (lipo, stomach stapling.) Thanks to dogma, with trans*, the invasive (hormones, surgery) has become pretty much the one & only option.

Finally, SJWs have shifted the goalposts. Instead of just demanding society accept trans* people without discrimination, we must now pretend an MtF is a "woman" just the same as an XX female is. And, per Dana Hunter, want to fuck them. That's against human nature, and it ain't gonna happen. They can have an "F" on their IDs, but the "Mt-" will always be there to some extent.
This conversation topic is verboten Matt.
In fact any questioning of the trans experience that is not couched in terms of absolute acceptance that whatever the individual identifies as is correct, is evil beyond sjw understanding. I cannot think of another group that is allowed to behave like this.
'Til the trans movement matures a little there will forever be an elephant in the room.

Walter Ego

Post by Walter Ego »

ROBOKiTTY wrote:Also, Walter Ego is one of the funniest people on here.
I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately not everyone knows when I'm being serious and when I'm not (like that Gary person who's been stalking me recently). That's been the bain of my existence since I went online way back in 1997. But that's my cross to bear and I soldier on valiantly.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

Not that I'm a bestiality aficionado or anything but why would anybody want a blowjob off a horse? Surely it comes with more immediate risks than putting it in the other end?
I just don't think he thought it through.
The "horse" in question was likely a gelding, desperate for a salt lick.

You've obviously never had a mare "wink" at you. If you do, bug out. Cuz the next thing she'll do is nicker this insane nicker, back her rump up to you, splooge some, then haul off with both hinds -- a 'love tap' to let you know she's finds you sexy. Depending on where you're standing, you'll get two hooves to either the gut or the groin.

Have at it, Romeo.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

bhoytony wrote:

And bhoytony's avatar has him riding a horse. Coincidence? I think not.

NotEvenFalse

Post by NotEvenFalse »

jimthepleb wrote:I don't know much about genetic change in a (relatively) short period of time
It's a fascinating subject. I wish I knew more about it. From what I've gleaned, research from places like the Human Genome Project have determined that something like 14% of human genes are under significant selection pressure. Furthermore, the rate at which these characteristics proliferate in a population is related to the genetic structure underlying the characteristic.
but have always wondered how true the following excerpt from Chris Rock. It has always rung true to me.
It would be interesting to see serious research into a subject like this. Certainly the environments in which slaves were kept were some of the most extreme experienced by our species.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Which brings me back to my two main gripes about how SJWs approach trans*. If an adult or pubescent teen is certain they are the opposite gender, then reassignment is the way to go. But SJWs, based on their evidence-free dogma, insist that a trans* is a trans* when xe hits the ground. So they push for reassigning children as young as three. This conflicts directly with the WPATH Standards of Care recc. that Zinnia goes on about, because gender identity can often in be flux among young children, but usually sorts itself out on its own.

*snip*

One would think this type of thing would be self-evident, but apparently not. I wonder how this type of pressure affects academic research. Do people who attempt to research this from a psychological or pharmacological perspective meet resistance in academic circles?
This may be the most insidious part of this whole thing. We now have to force our understanding of reality to correspond to people's delusions. I'm incredibly sympathetic to these people. I can only imagine a scenario like waking up to find my genitals were missing. I'd probably want to kill myself. I can't fathom the type of distress they must suffer. None of this, however, gives them a podium to dictate how we should understand the world.

It gets even worse. In the more extreme circles, they are now declaring that biological sex is merely a social construct that can take on myriad different forms. It takes someone very special to try to completely detach biological sex from the mechanisms of sexual reproduction.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
The "horse" in question was likely a gelding, desperate for a salt lick.

You've obviously never had a mare "wink" at you. If you do, bug out. Cuz the next thing she'll do is nicker this insane nicker, back her rump up to you, splooge some, then haul off with both hinds -- a 'love tap' to let you know she's finds you sexy. Depending on where you're standing, you'll get two hooves to either the gut or the groin.

Have at it, Romeo.
Thank you for the tip. I wonder if you have some personal experience in the matter? :P :shock: ;)

James Caruthers

Yes, our own Dr. Hjornbot loves to compare belief in sexual dimorphism to belief in unicorns.

He's She's a brilliant man woman, our Dr. Hjornbeck.

James Caruthers

If there's no such thing as men and women as distinct biological entities, why do MtF trans want so desperately to be considered total, 100% feminine women?

Maybe the SJWs should be peoplesplaining to the trans community that sexual dimorphism doesn't exist. Penises and scrotums can be feminine, doncha know!

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

NotEvenFalse wrote:
jimthepleb wrote:I don't know much about genetic change in a (relatively) short period of time
It's a fascinating subject. I wish I knew more about it. From what I've gleaned, research from places like the Human Genome Project have determined that something like 14% of human genes are under significant selection pressure. Furthermore, the rate at which these characteristics proliferate in a population is related to the genetic structure underlying the characteristic.
but have always wondered how true the following excerpt from Chris Rock. It has always rung true to me.
It would be interesting to see serious research into a subject like this. Certainly the environments in which slaves were kept were some of the most extreme experienced by our species.
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Which brings me back to my two main gripes about how SJWs approach trans*. If an adult or pubescent teen is certain they are the opposite gender, then reassignment is the way to go. But SJWs, based on their evidence-free dogma, insist that a trans* is a trans* when xe hits the ground. So they push for reassigning children as young as three. This conflicts directly with the WPATH Standards of Care recc. that Zinnia goes on about, because gender identity can often in be flux among young children, but usually sorts itself out on its own.

*snip*

One would think this type of thing would be self-evident, but apparently not. I wonder how this type of pressure affects academic research. Do people who attempt to research this from a psychological or pharmacological perspective meet resistance in academic circles?
This may be the most insidious part of this whole thing. We now have to force our understanding of reality to correspond to people's delusions. I'm incredibly sympathetic to these people. I can only imagine a scenario like waking up to find my genitals were missing. I'd probably want to kill myself. I can't fathom the type of distress they must suffer. None of this, however, gives them a podium to dictate how we should understand the world.

It gets even worse. In the more extreme circles, they are now declaring that biological sex is merely a social construct that can take on myriad different forms. It takes someone very special to try to completely detach biological sex from the mechanisms of sexual reproduction.
Well, the problem with our comfortable binary is the very real example of 'intersex'. Relatively rare as it is (and sterile too, at least as far as we know) "Male" and "Female" does not describe every one of us. In English, I don't even think we have pronouns that indicate the existence of such a person. Certainly they are overlooked socially and medically the vast majority of the time and they are just as subject to persecution as any of the SJW 'trans' people.
By this standard, real intersex people are easily on the lowest rung of the sexual victimhood totem pole.
Trans people and cross-dressers (and often they hate each other) at least have a choice as to how they look sexually, and (in western countries) usually if they want to get surgery or not.

And yes, I agree. Just because you shave your armpits and call yourself a woman doesn't mean that other men are going to look at you that way sexually and expecting them to do so is narcissism at Elliot Rodgers levels.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:

But the lamb did lie down on Broadway.
Reading that nostalgically put this in my head... :)
[youtube]yF-tpXvh7ks[/youtube]

Cliché Guevara

Post by Cliché Guevara »

[youtube]l7VrbgRLEpM[/youtube]

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

James Caruthers wrote:Yes, our own Dr. Hjornbot loves to compare belief in sexual dimorphism to belief in unicorns.

He's She's a brilliant man woman, our Dr. Hjornbeck.
James, you are fucking BRILLIANT.
You've just solved 'proportional representation' in one blow.
All we have to do is assign some of the 'men' in various political and economic positions or employment occupations as women!

Why didn't the feminists think of that?
Male problem solving ability (with no disrespect to our special beautiful snowflake Abby ;) intended) to the rescue!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

James Caruthers wrote:If there's no such thing as men and women as distinct biological entities, why do MtF trans want so desperately to be considered total, 100% feminine women?

Maybe the SJWs should be peoplesplaining to the trans community that sexual dimorphism doesn't exist. Penises and scrotums can be feminine, doncha know!
The bigger question is if there's no such thing as men and women what the fuck is feminism?

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
dogen wrote:

…And then again, many SJWs maintain sex and gender were social constructs, a view that was advanced at FTBCon under the eyes of PZ Myers (just pointed out for the lurkers).

Some people really have a hard time accepting that intangible “traits” (preferences, personality, sexual orientation) are more or less fixed. Nobody would take a white midget seriously who identifies as a tall, black basketball player — but for some reason, people love the idea they have control over things that are (to a large extend) “in their minds”.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

bhoytony wrote:
deLurch wrote:

Septic tank.
You missed the blindingly obvious - that person looks genuinely happy - SJW ? Unpossible.