Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by Brive1987 »

Skep tickle wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Oh. Apart from the Period Table of course.

:oops:
The Period Table? What's that, a chart of someone's menstrual history? At one every 28 days or 13/year, for - say - 43 years, from age 11 to 54? Yep, that'd trump your measly 551. :)

Oh, and you don't have to be embarrassed. It's perfectly natural. :D
"Periodic Table of Swearing" just doesn't have the same cachet. :)

And I am a badged dad - having fearlessly bought pads both with and without 'wings' for a daughter who was demonstrably far more mortified than I.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

DownThunder wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Ah, but! IndieGogo cancelled the fundraiser. 25,000 dollars chucked to the five winds. Although it's a bit unclear whether it was due to hacking the IndieGogo page itself or from an actual IndieGogo representative, this was written before it was removed.

http://i.imgur.com/S2xPLaS.png

Note the capital V. Either way, it's kind of pissing me off. What the fuck kind of dirt does Zoë Quinn have on these people?
So, what happened to the money? Do IndieGogo just trouser it?
Im sure its in the depths of the indiegogo terms and conditions. Though you would hope the money gets refunded. However this is a whole lot of bad press for indiegogo, the ZQ apologists and SJWs who have brought this censorship to fruition.
It isn't real. The webpage was hacked. I am assuming that they figured out the accounts password. I assume indigogo will sort this out after the weekend.

Satan

Post by Satan »

Really? wrote:Speaking of shitshow drama, has anyone checked in on Fark to see what's happened since Drew "saw the light?" Is it worth commenting there?
He's shot an already dead horse. Fark hasn't been worth commenting on since the major layout change (aka Fark 2.0) happened about five years ago. The site never recovered after user outrage over the site remodel was met with contempt by the admin.

Despite the admin's efforts to make Fark more mainstream and relevant, it has been the victim of the same withering of online communities that began when Usenet started to go under.

Rules changes are little more than rearranging the proverbial deck chairs on the titanic.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Benson typically gets from 0 to <15 comments per social justice post.

She got 36 for the Oxford comma and 28 for her "can't think of a word, too lazy to use a thesaurus" post.

Surely the penny has to drop. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT about your boring one line ideological whines. Not even the SJL itself can find the energy to stir, unless it's to punish a chill-sister.

Follow Zvan's lead and get a Job as an anal-ist.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Anyone have more info on this?
http://www.clipular.com/c/5771850541957 ... zlsesItAtU

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Attention whore.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

HoneyWagon wrote:Anyone have more info on this?
Well, there goes my hope of taking her virginity... :( :cry:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

She's tweeted a few mentions of going to church in the not so distant past, so it was clear that she was religious/christian.
I guess that if she's thinking of going into the ministry that means she is protestant.
Korean protestant churches tend to be fairly evangelical (creationist) in their attitudes towards evolution and homosexuality - but, of course, I don't know if she is a member of one of those churches - it could be a protestant church from the US that has nothing to do with the Korean immigrant community.

I think a few people have the mistaken impression that she was part of the atheist/secularist movement because they have seen her doing twitter outrage campaigns of the sort we are used to from the likes of Watson et al.
There are plenty of non-atheist and even religious SJWs out there so you need to be wary of assuming that they are non religious.
I'd guess that about half of the abuse thrown at Dawkins comes from religious individuals that is indisinguishable from the abuse from non religious SJWs. The more intelligent religious SJWs realize that it is better to call Dawkins racist or sexist to get people to listen to them rather than telling him he's a sinner who will burn in hell (in which case the non religious will just think you a nutcase.)

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I feel sorry for the nunnery

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Spike13 wrote:
Mykie,

Shit, I live in the greater NY area(see my god damn description ) Lord and Taylor here sells "vintage" distressed 1968 Jets, t-shirt's that look like you pulled them from your granddaddies taint for 80$

I like the shirt. I'll buy one, but if we ever meet you have to hug me.
Nah. Not worth it.

Not worth it to come in here to show a work in progress and express just how pricey Zazzle is, which was the only point, and get treated like I'm trying to sell Thigh Masters on The Pit.

Not worth it to be compared to Surly Amy because some assholes who live to make uncharitable interpretations found a fun little narrative that they can use to fling shit.

Not worth it to be considered whiny and difficult for not generally being their toilet slave and accepting my position on the bottom of their asshole pile-on.

Nah, just kidding: Totally worth it, for the $1.70.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Dick Strawkins wrote: She's tweeted a few mentions of going to church in the not so distant past, so it was clear that she was religious/christian.
I guess that if she's thinking of going into the ministry that means she is protestant.
Korean protestant churches tend to be fairly evangelical (creationist) in their attitudes towards evolution and homosexuality - but, of course, I don't know if she is a member of one of those churches - it could be a protestant church from the US that has nothing to do with the Korean immigrant community.

I think a few people have the mistaken impression that she was part of the atheist/secularist movement because they have seen her doing twitter outrage campaigns of the sort we are used to from the likes of Watson et al.
There are plenty of non-atheist and even religious SJWs out there so you need to be wary of assuming that they are non religious.
I'd guess that about half of the abuse thrown at Dawkins comes from religious individuals that is indisinguishable from the abuse from non religious SJWs. The more intelligent religious SJWs realize that it is better to call Dawkins racist or sexist to get people to listen to them rather than telling him he's a sinner who will burn in hell (in which case the non religious will just think you a nutcase.)
Well, despite my crack about her virginity (in reality that ship has sailed and I'm sure she's not going into a nunnery anyway) you just know she'll be going into one of those 'progressive Christian' denominations that are little more than social clubs for the politically correct and have just about nothing to do with the religion they purport to be a part of. Almost certainly this church will allow women pastors -what, you think Suey is going to go somewhere that she can't have a congregation?

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

rayshul wrote:I feel sorry for the nunnery

If she went into a nunnery:
A. Either they'd get sick of her and turn into the most reactionary , anti-sex, anti-sin, catholic fundamentalistic nunnery in existence
OR
B. They'd turn out like those nunneries in the early 70's that were exposed to some extreme pyschological and political ideas and went progressive lesbian.

Either way for those of us watching it would be hilarious.
Alas, I doubt Suey could even fake enough humility to get accepted into a nunnery even if she wanted to.

Immanuel K

Post by Immanuel K »

bhoytony wrote:
Guestus Aurelius wrote:If you must fight, fight in limerick.
No, don't.
I. Don´t. Get. It

Why take the limerick away as a mean for the oppressed to fight the Power?

ex1.
"A commenter once misnamed Bhoytoy
Who sucked on the fag of his Viceroy
Somewhat of a wanker, this monkey spanker
Once jacked off to Slytherins Malfoy"

Admittedly poorly executed.
Even if Harry Potter was known to be swinging his pale wandrous pipe, Malfoy seems to be there for the purpose of rhyming with "Viceroy", which in it self seems to be a stretch for a word.

ex2.
"A pit legend known as Bhoytony
Was well known as otherkin horny
Once he was caught, by Cavanaugh
Far up in Matts little pony"

Better execution. Sticks to a well known theme, and the surroundings feels familiar due to the inclusion of other established commenters.

Disclaimer:
Any resemblance to persons living or dead should be plainly apparent to them and those who know them, especially if the author has been kind enough to have provided their real names and, in some cases, their dick size. All events described herein actually happened, though on occasion the author has taken certain, very small, liberties with chronology, because that is s/h/it/s right as a Pitter.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

real horrorshow wrote: In other news, we are collectively punished by an avatar change:

http://i.imgur.com/XidEImx.jpg
Maybe he and franc can get together and commiserate about how we don't deserve them.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o74 ... 7fca08.jpg

Apples

Post by Apples »

Mykeru wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Mykie,

Shit, I live in the greater NY area(see my god damn description ) Lord and Taylor here sells "vintage" distressed 1968 Jets, t-shirt's that look like you pulled them from your granddaddies taint for 80$

I like the shirt. I'll buy one, but if we ever meet you have to hug me.
Nah. Not worth it.

Not worth it to come in here to show a work in progress and express just how pricey Zazzle is, which was the only point, and get treated like I'm trying to sell Thigh Masters on The Pit.

Not worth it to be compared to Surly Amy because some assholes who live to make uncharitable interpretations found a fun little narrative that they can use to fling shit.

Not worth it to be considered whiny and difficult for not generally being their toilet slave and accepting my position on the bottom of their asshole pile-on.

Nah, just kidding: Totally worth it, for the $1.70.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_ ... g?enlarged

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

BlueShiftRhino wrote:[Note to self: self, you've been here for one day; what you pass off as humor is not going to help make peace. tl;dr STFU]
The only way to make peace is to accept your SlymePit toilet slavery with grace and humility. Simply put, there are some people here who are just better than you are, or anyone else for that matter. Being unencumbered by having to do anything else, they can devote themselves fully to their managerial position and swoop down from on high to stop Shit They Don't Likeâ„¢. Of course, if you protest, you are just "doubling down" and committing the unpardonable sin of not "shutting up and listening". Remember: They have a vision of how things should be and none of us has a right to stand in the way of their perfection.

Although you may be harboring the nagging thought that they are, in fact, just a bunch of worthless assholes who actually don't know shit about anything, that just goes to show how diligent you must be in "knowing your place".

Hope that helps.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

You can get a mug too:
White 11 oz Classic White Mug from Zazzle.com.png
(133.25 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Glen_Davidson wrote:
deLurch wrote:
austin wrote:Conversely The Happy Atheist might have sold 40,000 instead of 400 (just an analogy) if PZ hadn't gone off the deep end starting with Elevatorgate, assuring effectively that no prominent atheist would ever blurb or mention his book ever.
The book just flat out has a title issue. Under no circumstances does anyone view little paul as a happy person.
Should be, the Dissatisfied Poseur Tenured Atheist Associate Professor Who Will Never Be Promoted at his Cowuniversity in its Cowtown, Will Never be Hired by a University Anyone Cares About, and Who Pissed Off All of the Famous People He'd Sucked up to, so has Nothing to do but Rant Some More
That, or:

The bitter, self-righteous, back-stabbing, lying, raging, flailing, rabid, meddlesome, bigoted, unctuous, odious, misanthropic, hypocritical, insufferable, totalitarian, lazy, dimwitted, sanctimonious Social Justice Warrior.

(Yeah, pleonasms one and all.)

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

mikelf wrote:
Maybe he and franc can get together and commiserate about how we don't deserve them.

See, this is the typical response you get when you don't know your place. The term is, I believe, "uppity".

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Jan Steen wrote:
The bitter, self-righteous, back-stabbing, lying, raging, flailing, rabid, meddlesome, bigoted, unctuous, odious, misanthropic, hypocritical, insufferable, totalitarian, lazy, dimwitted, sanctimonious Social Justice Warrior.

It's Not OK When They Do It.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

and raped by Zazzle.

Mykeru, there's nothing wrong with making a profit from your design.

There's also nothing wrong with people saying, "Fucking hell, $40 for a T-shirt?"

I think most of us understand that you are not making a huge cut out of it and Zazzle are profiteering to an excessive degree.
In which case it's probably not worth it to take it personally when people suggest that the overall price is far above cost - almost all of this excess cost is due to Zazzle profiteering, not you.

If people want to buy them, fair enough. If people don't, simply for reasons of expense, then fair enough too.

BTW, has everyone seen Svan's Zazzle site? http://www.zazzle.com/almostdiamonds

http://i.imgur.com/qb5Mkmi.jpg

BTW, this whole post has just been an excuse to post a link to Svan's notorious feminist kitchen apron!

http://www.zazzle.com/im_making_history ... 6141285681

I'm making history.
And sandwiches.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Mykeru wrote:
You can get a mug too:
White 11 oz Classic White Mug from Zazzle.com.png
In that case $40 is a bargain. Worth its weight in surlyramics.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Sorry folks, just trying on some new hats so I can be acceptable to the SlymePit cool kids.

[youtube]g42oR6wCnmM[/youtube]

The fez, I think, would make me SJW gamer-friendly too.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

screwtape wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Every hole in my body has been penetrated – outside of marriage – by a lover’s cock.
I've seen the picture of the author. Here it is. Even assuming she's not a Poe, I doubt she even has a husband.
"Every hole"? Nostrils, ears, nasolacrimal puncta etc? Something makes me doubt that.
No, clearly she just means the 4 holes customarily used for sex. Stop being so literal.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Wow! Mykeru, I'm quite sorry if my offhand comment started this shit fest. I was just remarking on the 40$ price tag, which I found way too high for a shirt. Any shirt. I think I have never spent more than 25 bucks on a shirt. I do understand that Zazzle is responsible for the high price, and sadly it will probably prevent me from buying anything from that service.

When I designed and printed my latest batch of shirts, I went the SJW way and started an Indiegogo fundraiser. At the end of the fundraiser limit date I had raised about 600 euros from 22 donors, which was half my objective but enough to have 100 shirts printed. The only shirts sent so far are the ones offered as thanks to the donors, which will leave me with 78 shirts to sell to the general public. At 20 euros a piece plus shipping, it will get me a bit of money to print the next batch. I find this solution quite satisfying.

Anyway, my remark was not aimed at you or your shirts, but at Zazzle's incredibly high pricing and business model. I should have made that clearer.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Ok, point ninja'd by Strawkins.

mikelf

Post by mikelf »

Mykeru wrote:Sorry folks, just trying on some new hats so I can be acceptable to the SlymePit cool kids.

[youtube]g42oR6wCnmM[/youtube]

The fez, I think, would make me SJW gamer-friendly too.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
There's also nothing wrong with people saying, "Fucking hell, $40 for a T-shirt?"
Except, of course, I began by saying "$40 for a fucking t-shirt?" Especially before I noticed the default royalty cut on Zazzle which can only be as low as 5%. The default is 10. In fact, my initial purpose in posting that was annoyance at how Zazzle worked. And not because I wasn't getting a big cut. On the other hand, I realize you are paying for the fact that Zazzle provided the means to print shirts on an order-by-order basis and, along with Cafe Press, they are the only game in town. If there's a way to do it cheaper, I don't know what I was thinking expecting that maybe people would have some constructive suggestions.

You want people to start wearing shit to TAM to really make the SJWs cry? You want to do something tangible and fun? Doing posts knocking down that attempt may not be the way to do it.

That, of course, didn't stop our resident assholes creating a narrative that I was gouging people (Although, a $1.70 is well above my standard dumpster dick-sucking fee) and starting this "Surly Amy" shit. If they wanted to annoy me with narrative-driven bullshit, they succeeded. Insert your own golf clap.

Seriously: Fuck these people.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

mikelf wrote: [
Go fuck yourself.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
When I designed and printed my latest batch of shirts, I went the SJW way and started an Indiegogo fundraiser.
Oh yeah. Imagine the fun a fucking piece of shit like H2O would have with that. On top of Surly Amy and Gay Shoop I could be Karen Stollznow too.

I'm right on it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Mykeru wrote:
I'm right on it.
Actually, you should be. It's not a bad business model, and the worst that can happen is you ending up with a box of extra shirts stored somewhere in your bedroom. If you propose cool designs at affordable prices and can make benefits on them, there's absolutely nothing to lose. That some greedy morons use the same model to fill their pockets is of no importance.

Post by Guest »

Guys, please stop being so confrontational. Petty bullshit is my trigger.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Mykeru wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
When I designed and printed my latest batch of shirts, I went the SJW way and started an Indiegogo fundraiser.
Oh yeah. Imagine the fun a fucking piece of shit like H2O would have with that. On top of Surly Amy and Gay Shoop I could be Karen Stollznow too.

I'm right on it.
As long as he doesn't compare you to Nerd of Redhead you're fine.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

John Hammond is dead. :(

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Pitchguest wrote:John Hammond is dead. :(
Yep, I saw that this morning. I would have gone with "Ghandi's dad", but I guess Dinomaster works too.

Dworkins Unplugged.

Post by Dworkins Unplugged. »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I am completely unsurprised that such a foul sanctimonious racist idiotic egoist would end up in seminary, its been a tradition for centuries for families to plop their useless runts into the church.

Dworkins Unplugged.

Post by Dworkins Unplugged. »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I am completely unsurprised that such a foul sanctimonious racist idiotic egoist would end up in seminary, its been a tradition for centuries for families to plop their useless runts into the church.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yep, I saw that this morning. I would have gone with "Ghandi's dad", but I guess Dinomaster works too.
Cultural appropriation!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/racist1.gif

Seriously, though. With Richard Attenborough dying, this could could be a really shitty (shittier?) year.

Who's next? His brother, David? Christopher Lee? ABE VIGODA? >_<

Post by Guest »

Jan Steen wrote:
That, or:

You've granted him too much effort, how about "The Obnoxious Prick" ?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pitchguest wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Cultural appropriation!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/racist1.gif

Seriously, though. With Richard Attenborough dying, this could could be a really shitty (shittier?) year.

Who's next? His brother, David? Christopher Lee? ABE VIGODA? >_<
Christopher Lee?

The heavy metal vocalist?
Noooooo!!

[youtube]L-DTNRoL95o[/youtube]

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Zazzlegate

[youtube]2tJjNVVwRCY[/youtube]

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

Im worried that all this talk of t-shirts risks opening up the arms first, head first or both at the same time debate.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

James Caruthers wrote:

Maybe our resident swede can tell us all about swedish flag day shaming.
Which of us? We are legion ;)

It might just be that I haven't been paying enough attention over the last decade, but I feel like that was more of a thing in the nineties. My impression is that there was some unease about waving flags and the like due to neo-nazi groups using the flag as a symbol, and people didn't want to be associated with that. Can't say I notice much of that these days though. Mostly just the usual Swedish suspicion towards excessive nationalism. But that's just a basic part of our nature, to claim that we're very moderate and sensible and not better than anyone else, while secretly feeling smugly superior to everyone.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Easy J wrote:Hey! Some Pitter made a helpful post on how to embed Youtube vids & I followed their instructions! Thanks, Scented Nectar.
You're welcome. I'm due for another one of those. I'll post it some time later today.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Mykeru wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

You want people to start wearing shit to TAM to really make the SJWs cry? You want to do something tangible and fun? Doing posts knocking down that attempt may not be the way to do it.

That, of course, didn't stop our resident assholes creating a narrative that I was gouging people (Although, a $1.70 is well above my standard dumpster dick-sucking fee) and starting this "Surly Amy" shit. If they wanted to annoy me with narrative-driven bullshit, they succeeded. Insert your own golf clap.

You want a constructive comment?

OK.

There are more than two options if you want to get your images onto T-shirts that will annoy the SJWs (and perhaps publicize your 'brand)

There's the Zazzle/Cafe press method - which, as we've noticed, is a little price gougey for most.
There is an obvious alternative that I can suggest.

Make your image files available as high quality jpegs for download so that people can upload them themselves to online printing companies - which tend to be much cheaper than cafe press/zazzle.
(for example http://www.tshirtstudio.eu/t-shirt-prin ... wn-t-shirt
http://www.customink.com/ )

Those two were the first that I spotted so the price/quality may be better if you shop around.

Leave a link to a paypal donation account so that people can donate to you to thank you for the image.

The problem as I see it is that there is no single solution that will be best for you and for potential customers - because of cafe press/zazzle business model.
So you should look to avoid that business model if you can.
Let others find the best T shirt printer themselves - and this will probably differ depending on location due to postage costs etc.
Just give them the means to use your images - and a means to donate to you if they think it's worth it.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Okay. I've had a gander and I think Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is going to be the worst movie of 2016.

First of all, they have Jesse freaking Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. No. No.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59 ... carell.gif

They had the choice between Jaimie Alexander, Olga Kurylenko and Elodie Yung (all terrible except for Jaimie) and they picked Gal Gadot.

This is Gal Gadot.

http://noarmycanstopanidea.com/wp-conte ... -gadot.jpg

This is an image of Gal Gadot in the official Wonder Woman costume.

http://dsbo73qgdzp2w.cloudfront.net/fil ... -gadot.png

Nope. That is not Wonder Woman. That is a little girl cosplaying in a cheap costume that doesn't even resemble Wonder Woman.

Not to mention the elephant in the room which is Ben Affleck as Batman, the guy from Good Will Hunting? Now granted that still of him standing all buff next to the Batmobile alleviated some of my concerns, but still: Ben fucking Affleck? As Batman? Christian Bale was bad enough with his throat cancer portrayal, I'm trying to imagine squeaky Ben putting on a menacing voice. That and they're following the train wreck that was Man of Steel, a film so boring and long-winded I could almost feel myself eroding while watching. Henry Cavill was not that bad of a choice (appearance-wise), but the acting was so stiff. Like he had a stick up his arse the whole time. Fucking hell. DC.

The best comic book film I've watched to date is Guardians of the Galaxy. It was entertaining, exciting, lots of action, and most pieces (acting and plot) seemed to go together brilliantly. 9/10 easily. DC's going to have to bring out their big guns or they're in for one hell of a disappointment.

And all this in a movie directed by Zack Snyder? Fuck.

Southern

Post by Southern »

So, guys! I'm skipping the two last pages because I'm not able to keep up with you all. And also, I have a request: do you have a suggestion of where I can buy affordable and socially-conscious t-shirts? Thank you very much.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Oh, and foh all yo Dan Carlin fans out there: Blueprints for Armaggedon IV was posted already.

It's like when Team 4 Stars or Little Kuriboh release a new episode, only longer. Yay!

windy

Post by windy »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote: I just heard someone on the ITN news say "... but identifying people susceptible to propaganda is difficult." Indeed, if only there was some kind of easily read indicator as to whether someone is predisposed to believing any old shit that comes their way. The wilful ignorance of the giant fucking elephant in the room boggles my mind.
Yeah. What is the link between being indoctrinated in Islam and believing its tenets of jihad and martyrdom?

It's there, but I can't put my finger on it. I know...maybe if I tiptoe around the elephant quietly enough, and come up with some plausible-sounding alternatives, I'll look like a good liberal who is Doing Something About It but at the same time Is Not Racist?
The elephant had nothing to do with it! Just ask Mehdi Hasan.

http://www.newstatesman.com/religion/20 ... calisation
Sarwar and Ahmed, both of whom pleaded guilty to terrorism offences last month, purchased Islam for Dummies and The Koran for Dummies. You could not ask for better evidence to bolster the argument that the 1,400-year-old Islamic faith has little to do with the modern jihadist movement.
In the same way, you never see the likes of William Lane Craig bombing abortion clinics so religion obviously has little to do with it.

Barael

Post by Barael »

Pitchguest wrote: The best comic book film I've watched to date is Guardians of the Galaxy. It was entertaining, exciting, lots of action, and most pieces (acting and plot) seemed to go together brilliantly. 9/10 easily. DC's going to have to bring out their big guns or they're in for one hell of a disappointment.

While GotG was decent enough (and vastly overhyped) and among the better Marvel movies, I think Zack Snyder and DC is a winner combo as he already made the actually best comic book movie so far: Watchmen. And yeah I know people who don't love the movie usually hate it with a passion but I happen to belong in the former, so there! :dance:

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Pitchguest wrote:Not to mention the elephant in the room which is Ben Affleck as Batman, the guy from Good Will Hunting? Now granted that still of him standing all buff next to the Batmobile alleviated some of my concerns, but still: Ben fucking Affleck? As Batman? Christian Bale was bad enough with his throat cancer portrayal, I'm trying to imagine squeaky Ben putting on a menacing voice. That and they're following the train wreck that was Man of Steel, a film so boring and long-winded I could almost feel myself eroding while watching. Henry Cavill was not that bad of a choice (appearance-wise), but the acting was so stiff. Like he had a stick up his arse the whole time. Fucking hell. DC.

The best comic book film I've watched to date is Guardians of the Galaxy. It was entertaining, exciting, lots of action, and most pieces (acting and plot) seemed to go together brilliantly. 9/10 easily. DC's going to have to bring out their big guns or they're in for one hell of a disappointment.

What makes DC's seeming inability to make a good movie (OK, the Batman movies are probably good, even if I don't personally like them all that much) even stranger is that their animated movies range from decent to really damn good. Granted a live action film with a huge budget is quite a different beast from a direct to DVD animated movie. But if the latter can consistently have good writing, you'd think that they could manage that for the big budget movie as well.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

OK.

There are more than two options if you want to get your images onto T-shirts that will annoy the SJWs (and perhaps publicize your 'brand)

There's the Zazzle/Cafe press method - which, as we've noticed, is a little price gougey for most.

Make your image files available as high quality jpegs for download so that people can upload them themselves to online printing companies - which tend to be much cheaper than cafe press/zazzle.

Those two were the first that I spotted so the price/quality may be better if you shop around.

Leave a link to a paypal donation account so that people can donate to you to thank you for the image.

The problem as I see it is that there is no single solution that will be best for you and for potential customers - because of cafe press/zazzle business model.
Let others find the best T shirt printer themselves - and this will probably differ depending on location due to postage costs etc.
Just give them the means to use your images - and a means to donate to you if they think it's worth it.
See, that's actually a good, constructive idea. Much better than the sniffy contempt of SlymePit Jesus.

As memes arise, and in otder to get them out there, that's exactly the path to take.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:

OK.

See, that's actually a good, constructive idea. Much better than the sniffy contempt of SlymePit Jesus.

As memes arise, and in otder to get them out there, that's exactly the path to take.

BlueShiftRhino

Post by BlueShiftRhino »

Mykeru wrote:The only way to make peace is to accept your SlymePit toilet slavery with grace and humility. Simply put, there are some people here who are just better than you are, or anyone else for that matter.

[snip]

Hope that helps.
Yes, it does, thanks, because I'm here precisely because some folks here are better than I am.

Note: don't you dare use a dictionary definition of "better" when interpreting the above.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Barael wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: The best comic book film I've watched to date is Guardians of the Galaxy. It was entertaining, exciting, lots of action, and most pieces (acting and plot) seemed to go together brilliantly. 9/10 easily. DC's going to have to bring out their big guns or they're in for one hell of a disappointment.

While GotG was decent enough (and vastly overhyped) and among the better Marvel movies, I think Zack Snyder and DC is a winner combo as he already made the actually best comic book movie so far: Watchmen. And yeah I know people who don't love the movie usually hate it with a passion but I happen to belong in the former, so there! :dance:
DC heroes are a boring bunch to make into a film, with the exception of Batman. Superman? Invincible demigod. Wonder woman? Invincible demigoddes. Flash? Who cares about the fucking Flash. Green Lantern? Space policeman wearing green spandex. Aquaman? Maybe as a comedy.

I'm not a fan of the Marvel superhero movie stravaganza, but characters like Spiderman and Iron Man are better to watch since they're more "human", flawed and down to earth compared to DC idealism. The same "boring for movie" DC characters work much better on comics (Kingdom Come, for instance, is amazing) or even as cartoons (the Batman and Justice League cartoons are also nice, and you won't find a Marvel equivalent).

Zack Snyder can pull whatever directorial trick he want from his ass, the fact is that the source material they gave him is difficult to work with.

John D

Post by John D »

http://dsbo73qgdzp2w.cloudfront.net/fil ... -gadot.png
I have always found that DC take itself too seriously while also having the silliest characters. The DC universe is just not as robust and believable as the one Marvel has created. I will say that this Gadot honey looks quite fuckable, but I also doubt she could beat up even a wimp like me. Yeah. Looks like they have a disaster on their hands...haha. She looks like chaotic good tenth level elvish female fighter/thief. I think I played this character in 2nd addition AD&D in 1979. Hoho.

(+1 bracers of defense, +2 sword of sharpness, rope of climbing, +2 leather tunic, decorative leather headpiece of fuckability +4)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Southern wrote:

DC heroes are a boring bunch to make into a film, with the exception of Batman. Superman? Invincible demigod. Wonder woman? Invincible demigoddes. Flash? Who cares about the fucking Flash. Green Lantern? Space policeman wearing green spandex. Aquaman? Maybe as a comedy.

I'm not a fan of the Marvel superhero movie stravaganza, but characters like Spiderman and Iron Man are better to watch since they're more "human", flawed and down to earth compared to DC idealism. The same "boring for movie" DC characters work much better on comics (Kingdom Come, for instance, is amazing) or even as cartoons (the Batman and Justice League cartoons are also nice, and you won't find a Marvel equivalent).

Zack Snyder can pull whatever directorial trick he want from his ass, the fact is that the source material they gave him is difficult to work with.
^This! So much this! DC characters are a fucking bore. Plus Marvel has Squirrel-Girl and Deadpool, which means they win by default.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Barael wrote:

What I liked about Watchmen, in the following order: the intro. I think best intro in any comic book film and that's saying a lot.

Rorschach. Badass.

Silk Spectre. No, not the acting.

Dr. Manhattan.

That's it. That's the extent of what I think Watchmen brought to the table. If there's anyone who hasn't yet watched it who do, though, I recommend the director's cut, not the theatrical one.

Cunt of Personality

Post by Cunt of Personality »

windy wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote:
Cunt of Personality wrote: I just heard someone on the ITN news say "... but identifying people susceptible to propaganda is difficult." Indeed, if only there was some kind of easily read indicator as to whether someone is predisposed to believing any old shit that comes their way. The wilful ignorance of the giant fucking elephant in the room boggles my mind.
Yeah. What is the link between being indoctrinated in Islam and believing its tenets of jihad and martyrdom?

It's there, but I can't put my finger on it. I know...maybe if I tiptoe around the elephant quietly enough, and come up with some plausible-sounding alternatives, I'll look like a good liberal who is Doing Something About It but at the same time Is Not Racist?
The elephant had nothing to do with it! Just ask Mehdi Hasan.

http://www.newstatesman.com/religion/20 ... calisation
Sarwar and Ahmed, both of whom pleaded guilty to terrorism offences last month, purchased Islam for Dummies and The Koran for Dummies. You could not ask for better evidence to bolster the argument that the 1,400-year-old Islamic faith has little to do with the modern jihadist movement.
In the same way, you never see the likes of William Lane Craig bombing abortion clinics so religion obviously has little to do with it.
"Islam for Dummies" and "Koran for Dummies" - That's some low hanging fruit right there. I'm going to resist the temptation. The jokes however, will ignore my sacrifice and write themselves.