Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Old subthreads
debaser71

Re: Nerds. Nerds EVERYWHERE...

Post by debaser71 »

Parody Accountant wrote:Trigger Warning: Cheese Poofs.via reddit's r/tumblrinaction/

http://i.imgur.com/gePyXcx.png

Triggered by Cheese Poofs?!? How the fuck?
No. Triggered into a rage by the sounds of people eating, slurping, breathing, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/06/healt ... .html?_r=0

You think this is fakery? A joke? An SJW "trigger" thing?

Grwd

Post by Grwd »

The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction calls the book "a convincing revision of the Arthurian cycle," and said that the victory of Christianity over the "sane but dying paganism" of Avalon "ensures eons of repression for women and the vital principles they espouse."
This alone makes me grumpy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

For the hat trick:

Schroedinger's Privilege.
People with Schroedinger's Privilege are believed to have some kind of privilege if they're arguing against SJWs, and to be unprivileged victims of oppression if they agree with SJWs, despite the fact that they belong to the same social category.
For example, Jaclyn Glenn and Cristina rad are both young white women, but since Glenn argues against SJWs she has white (and neurotypical) privilege, while since Rad agrees with them she's a victim of the patriarchy.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

debaser71 wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote:Trigger Warning: Cheese Poofs.via reddit's r/tumblrinaction/

http://i.imgur.com/gePyXcx.png

Triggered by Cheese Poofs?!? How the fuck?

No. Triggered into a rage by the sounds of people eating, slurping, breathing, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/06/healt ... .html?_r=0

You think this is fakery? A joke? An SJW "trigger" thing?
I have a mild form of it. Loud slurping, swallowing and chewing are very irritating and make me feel sick. My kitty slurps when she cleans herself, which is just more proof that kitties need to be spanked!

I also cunt stand strong smells, especially icky perfumes( perfume and hairspray when you have the flu are just lovely) and when someone in an office microwaves their smelly chum scented lunch.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Southern wrote:
didymos wrote:Further lulz:
Anathema 19 June 2014 at 9:09 pm (UTC -5)

Hey, Nerd? There’s someone over on Slacktivist arguing in favor of banning religion under your name. At first I thought that it might actually be you (yeah, I’m an idiot, sorry about that), but having thought about it some more, I decided that that’s unlikely, since I know from your comments here that you are far more intelligent than the comments left under your name over at Slacktivist would indicate.

Anyway, I thought that you ought to know that there’s a troll who’s impersonating you in this comment thread.
That "someone" may as well be a spambot that doesn't pass the Turing Test.
Hahaa - seems they're trying to get the PharynguNerd to pop over to Slactivist to defend his reputation. Aside from the fact that's never going to happen - NoR never comments outside Pharyngula, as he's too much of a wimp - any attempt by the 'real' Nerd is just gonna make the regulars think another Nerd troll has joined the fray.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

And why do kissing sound effects have to be so loud and gross in movies? It often sounds like someone is vigorously licking a slime covered trout.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

another lurker wrote:And why do kissing sound effects have to be so loud and gross in movies? It often sounds like someone is vigorously licking a slime covered trout.
mm..mmm...schlurp...mmm
http://i.imgur.com/8zHSV.jpg
fishsticks...mmm...yuh...slurrrp...

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Kirbmarc wrote:For the hat trick:

Schroedinger's Privilege.
People with Schroedinger's Privilege are believed to have some kind of privilege if they're arguing against SJWs, and to be unprivileged victims of oppression if they agree with SJWs, despite the fact that they belong to the same social category.
For example, Jaclyn Glenn and Cristina rad are both young white women, but since Glenn argues against SJWs she has white (and neurotypical) privilege, while since Rad agrees with them she's a victim of the patriarchy.
:lol:

Let's go for four!

Schroedinger's Permissibility.
Actions with Schroedinger's Permissibility are have indeterminate permissibility until the SJW status of the actor can be ascertained. If they are a SJW, the action is permitted, if not, the action is punishable by anal insertion of a rusty SpokesGay

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Tigzy wrote:
another lurker wrote:And why do kissing sound effects have to be so loud and gross in movies? It often sounds like someone is vigorously licking a slime covered trout.
mm..mmm...schlurp...mmm
Now you've grossed out and possibly triggered the entire pit! It would only be worse if you rubbed salt in the wound with an Ophie pic!

Southern

Post by Southern »

jugheadnaut wrote: :lol:

Let's go for four!

Actions with Schroedinger's Permissibility are have indeterminate permissibility until the SJW status of the actor can be ascertained. If they are a SJW, the action is permitted, if not, the action is punishable by anal insertion of a rusty SpokesGay
Can we call it the First Law of Freethought?

Southern

Post by Southern »

Jesus Christ. A picture of Rebecca Watson having a shlurpish time, probably without enthusiastic consent since both of them must be drunk as skunks, and I just ate my breakfast. Since I vomited everything, I might as well eat again and try to abstain from visiting the Slymepit for a while.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Southern wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: :lol:

Let's go for four!

Can we call it the First Law of Freethought?
First Law of FreethoughtBlogs, sure. I hate to think of something as noble as Freethought being besmirched by these assholes.

And, I forgot the H/T previously, you deserve primary credit for the concept behind Schroedinger's Color.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

another lurker wrote: Now you've grossed out and possibly triggered the entire pit! It would only be worse if you rubbed salt in the wound with an Ophie pic!
Fat chance of that happening, as it would require a pic of Ophie snogging. As it is, it'll probably help in visualising Ophie in Becky's place if you imagine Sid going, 'mmm...mmm...schlurp...Dettol...mm'

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

Tigzy wrote:
mm..mmm...schlurp...mmm
BARF... makes me want to take a slipper off my foot and smack my monitor like a cockroach. ..

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:
another lurker wrote: Now you've grossed out and possibly triggered the entire pit! It would only be worse if you rubbed salt in the wound with an Ophie pic!
Fat chance of that happening, as it would require a pic of Ophie snogging. As it is, it'll probably help in visualising Ophie in Becky's place if you imagine Sid going, 'mmm...mmm...schlurp...Dettol...mm'
Leave the poor bastard alone, he's already suffered enough for one lifetime!

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Tigzy wrote:
mm..mmm...schlurp...mmm
I just developed misophonia. :?

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

BTW: Does anyone know if Becky cashed in on alimonies after their divorce ?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Leave the poor bastard alone, he's already suffered enough for one lifetime!
She. But we are living in a Hornbeckian universe so eh...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

TiBo wrote:BTW: Does anyone know if Becky cashed in on alimonies after their divorce ?
I don't know about alimonies but they did buy a house together in an expensive part of London while they were together (she mentioned it on her tumblr blog).
If she's been renting it out I guess that would provide more of an income than any likely alimony (and frankly I can't see how she could possibly be getting alimony from Sid - they are both young, no kids, both working etc.)

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Why are some people unable to see that they are being bullied?

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Meet The First Female Defensive Back In College Football History

[youtube]Q_oxOgps5Ho[/youtube]

This is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there should be a blanket restriction by gender on playing college football, and I think the girl here is very admirable. If a real-life Brienne of Tarth existed and had the talent to play, I'd say knock yourself out and I'd probably be a fan. But Shelby Osborne is listed at 5'6, 140 pounds, and from the pictures I'd say that's generous. Someone of those proportions could theoretically play defensive back for a low division team, but they would need to be a lean muscled freak. She isn't that, as confirmed by her high school coach:
She can get through the rigor of the running and conditioning part of it,” said Oldham. “I don’t know how she’ll do physically — like taking hits and stuff. But being a defensive back, it’s kind of like Deion Sanders. You can choose to hit or not hit. She’s got to make business decisions
This guy is a coach? A decision not to hit is a decision not to play. If a wide receiver she's covering catches the ball, she can make a 'business decision' and let him score a touchdown? If a running back breaks into the open field, she can make a 'business decision' to just matador him through? Deion Sanders could only get away with being a lackadaisical tackler because he was the best cover corner in football, perhaps in football history. It's not a general proposition.

Because this is framed as a female empowerment story, the obvious must not be mentioned: that this is a publicity stunt by the college. She only made five appearances in her high school career, which I'd imagine to be in mop up duty. Of which there was plenty because her team was excruciatingly bad. So, anyone arguing that this is on merit is full of shit. And if she is put out there in real situations, she's in real danger. I remember the Jessica Dubroff case almost 20 years ago when a 7 year old girl was attempting to become the youngest person to fly across the US. And it was treated like a nice girl-empowerment story. Until she crashed the plane and died.

Just in case anyone brings up Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger, he was 5'6, 185 pounds and was a practice squad player only until his one famous appearance. And to reiterate, I have no criticism for Shelby Osborne directly. I think she kicks ass. And one other thing the story misses: she only signed a letter of intent. she hasn't made the team and is not, at this point, 'the first defensive back in college history'.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

another lurker wrote: I have a mild form of it. Loud slurping, swallowing and chewing are very irritating and make me feel sick. My kitty slurps when she cleans herself, which is just more proof that kitties need to be spanked!

I also cunt stand strong smells, especially icky perfumes( perfume and hairspray when you have the flu are just lovely) and when someone in an office microwaves their smelly chum scented lunch.
I hate strong smells, too.

*Spanks another lurker*

Parody Accountant

Post by Parody Accountant »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Well, THAT's hate speech!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Have you guys seen this? A dude was arrested for gang-related activity and now women (and some men) are drooling over him after the mug shot was posted to facebook. I'm trying to figure out how Patriarchy is responsible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... oning.html

welch

Post by welch »

Hunt wrote:Whaaa...Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

You don't do that to your 93 yo grams, you schmuck. I thought I'd seen it all. He's calling out his own grandmother, who he thinks is harassing him!
Double faceplam.
:doh: :doh:

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but... What the Actual Fuck is wrong with these people?
They're so convinced they're right that the idea of compassion is seen as traitorous. Friend of mine, his Great Grandmother lived well into her 90s. 97 maybe? Anyway, her entire life, black people were porch monkeys. 90 years old, "There was a porch monkey at the door".

They were able to get her to say it less often, but they were never going to change her. Nor were they going to shun her or abandon her. Because even though she was as racist as they come, they still had some fucking compassion.

SJWs have none, and are so shocked when they receive the same.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Really? wrote:Have you guys seen this? A dude was arrested for gang-related activity and now women (and some men) are drooling over him after the mug shot was posted to facebook. I'm trying to figure out how Patriarchy is responsible.

The repeat offender is being held on $900,000 bail, but perhaps not for long. There's talk amongst the commenters of raising the funds to set him free.
O_o

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jugheadnaut wrote:Meet The First Female Defensive Back In College Football History

This is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there should be a blanket restriction by gender on playing college football, and I think the girl here is very admirable. If a real-life Brienne of Tarth existed and had the talent to play, I'd say knock yourself out and I'd probably be a fan. But Shelby Osborne is listed at 5'6, 140 pounds, and from the pictures I'd say that's generous. Someone of those proportions could theoretically play defensive back for a low division team, but they would need to be a lean muscled freak. She isn't that, as confirmed by her high school coach:
She can get through the rigor of the running and conditioning part of it,” said Oldham. “I don’t know how she’ll do physically — like taking hits and stuff. But being a defensive back, it’s kind of like Deion Sanders. You can choose to hit or not hit. She’s got to make business decisions
This guy is a coach? A decision not to hit is a decision not to play. If a wide receiver she's covering catches the ball, she can make a 'business decision' and let him score a touchdown? If a running back breaks into the open field, she can make a 'business decision' to just matador him through? Deion Sanders could only get away with being a lackadaisical tackler because he was the best cover corner in football, perhaps in football history. It's not a general proposition.

Because this is framed as a female empowerment story, the obvious must not be mentioned: that this is a publicity stunt by the college. She only made five appearances in her high school career, which I'd imagine to be in mop up duty. Of which there was plenty because her team was excruciatingly bad. So, anyone arguing that this is on merit is full of shit. And if she is put out there in real situations, she's in real danger. I remember the Jessica Dubroff case almost 20 years ago when a 7 year old girl was attempting to become the youngest person to fly across the US. And it was treated like a nice girl-empowerment story. Until she crashed the plane and died.

Just in case anyone brings up Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger, he was 5'6, 185 pounds and was a practice squad player only until his one famous appearance. And to reiterate, I have no criticism for Shelby Osborne directly. I think she kicks ass. And one other thing the story misses: she only signed a letter of intent. she hasn't made the team and is not, at this point, 'the first defensive back in college history'.
Sex dimorphism in humans is just a social construct. Girls haven't become DBs because their mothers, brainwashed by Teh Patriarchyâ„¢, didn't raise them to realize their full DB potential.

But serious, maybe a female kicker in football, a pitcher in baseball, or a goalie in hockey. Two years ago, the local single-A indy baseball team featured a 19=yo japanese gal who'd learned the knuckleball from Tim Wakefield. Several years ago, Manon Reaume was in net for a couple of NHL pre-season games, then played a while in the minors. She had lightning-quick reactions, but mediocre positioning. I don't think a woman could make it in the NBA even as a point guard, because eventually, you'll be stuck defending vs. a 7' forward on a breakaway.

That's nature, people; deal with it.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:Have you guys seen this? A dude was arrested for gang-related activity and now women (and some men) are drooling over him after the mug shot was posted to facebook. I'm trying to figure out how Patriarchy is responsible.

Well, at least we know he isn't a nice guy.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

jugheadnaut wrote:Meet The First Female Defensive Back In College Football History

I don't really see a problem. As long as she is willing to accept the risks inherent in playing the game, and she gets the same treatment as everyone else on the team.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Paging Hjornbeck, paging Hjornbeck!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Old_ones wrote:

I don't really see a problem. As long as she is willing to accept the risks inherent in playing the game, and she gets the same treatment as everyone else on the team.
This is actually a clever plan. If anyone touches her, it's rape culture sexual assault. If she intercepts the ball and someone tackles her, it's misogynistic assault.

[youtube]l-ufR6LWm0U[/youtube]

[youtube]gtCgquOsXeo[/youtube]

S.W.I.M.

Post by S.W.I.M. »

http://pastebay.com/1452534

Looks like the cat's out of the bag.

Really?

Post by Really? »

S.W.I.M. wrote:http://pastebay.com/1452534

That is awesome and I did get a little bit of a chubby, but are there any really powerful bits in there? It seems to be to be the dumb stupidity we'd all expect.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Old_ones wrote: I don't really see a problem. As long as she is willing to accept the risks inherent in playing the game, and she gets the same treatment as everyone else on the team.
She already hasn't received the same treatment as everyone else on the team. No severely undersized male defensive backs who have a total of five appearances for a putrid high school football team would be considered for signing even by bottom of the barrel football programs in the lowest division. The problem is that this is a publicity stunt that's being covered like it's something historic. The last time this happened, the result was embarrassing.

[youtube]-GQzSQout3g[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Old_ones wrote: I don't really see a problem. As long as she is willing to accept the risks inherent in playing the game, and she gets the same treatment as everyone else on the team.
She already hasn't received the same treatment as everyone else on the team. No severely undersized male defensive backs who have a total of five appearances for a putrid high school football team would be considered for signing even by bottom of the barrel football programs in the lowest division. The problem is that this is a publicity stunt that's being covered like it's something historic. The last time this happened, the result was embarrassing.

I love the comments on the video.

Here's an interesting angle. Feminists always complain that the male gaze objectifies women. That women are evaluated based upon how they look, not how well they objectively perform.

But guess what? Athletes always have been and always will be evaluated partially by the perception of their physical ability. Players are LITERALLY put into non-game situations and people spend countless hours debating whether or not they will be able to succeed based upon their size and how they look when they run, etc.

[youtube]oQ9AHB8H5i4[/youtube]

Really?

Post by Really? »

And here's Shelby's scout tape. I'm not an expert, but let's just say she doesn't look very good.

[youtube]tMZ8Dnut-hU[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

The repeat offender is being held on $900,000 bail, but perhaps not for long. There's talk amongst the commenters of raising the funds to set him free.
O_o
If you're attractive enough you can get away with many things. Attractive female teachers get away with statutory rape, this guy can get away with illegal firearm possession and whatever else. Nothing new, really.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Really? wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
This is actually a clever plan. If anyone touches her, it's rape culture sexual assault. If she intercepts the ball and someone tackles her, it's misogynistic assault.
Maybe I'm biased by a general lack of interest, but I think seeing tumblr feminists squaring off against a legion of angry meatheads and football commentators might be the most entertaining thing that could ever happen in sports.

On a serious note you could be right about this, but if she even makes the team I'd be surprised if they let her off the bench during a game. People will actually give a shit if she gets seriously injured in public, so her coach is probably going to make a "business decision" and try to avoid the negative publicity.

Finally, if we do end up in a conversation about safety in football, because the woman player got hurt, that might actually not be such a bad thing. I would actually prefer to see this sort of experiment run with college football as opposed to some of the service roles that women are trying to enter, because none of the consequences are that important in the case of football. Football also has the advantage of being visible to the public, so maybe if larger numbers of women are entering college football and having their heads caved in on national tv, that'll make a point about the line between sexism and dimorphism. Or maybe the women will do better than expected, and concerns about dimorphism will turn out to be overstated.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

This is frustrating (and probably should go in the movie thread), but I'm trying to find a version of Wrinkles that isn't dubbed in English.

Amazingly the one you can get from Amazon is dubbed, too. I want the original Spanish one, though. Anyone?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Okay, so which Pitters here want Miri dead, or have included her on their rape lists? Or is Miri simply being disingenuous when she lumps the Pitters in with such people?
And here’s another similar thing you should probably stop doing. When I’ve written something great and you like it, and rather than just telling me it’s great and leaving it at that, you decide to go ahead and be like “Too bad the Slymepit’s totally going to accuse you of _______” or “Oh you’ll get the MRAs furious over this.” WHY DO YOU GUYS SAY THIS. WHY. The only way I survive as a writer is by refusing to think about the fact that there are people who actually want me DEAD because I support gender equality. (If you still fucking think this is hyperbolic, I don’t even know what to say.) The only way I survive is by refusing to think about the fact that they make lists about how to rape me and my friends, they make crude sexual photoshops of us, they go on and on and on and on until we all gradually drop out of public online life.
You can view the article, and in the process help increase Miri's donation amount here: http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... arassment/

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Really? wrote:And here's Shelby's scout tape. I'm not an expert, but let's just say she doesn't look very good.

[youtube]tMZ8Dnut-hU[/youtube]
Yes, the two times she was anywhere near the action, she got completely blown up by a block. I'm betting her career stats look like this:

Tackles: 0
Passes Defensed: 0
Sacks: 0
Interceptions: 0

Sign her up! Although I really regret making fun of her because I admire what she's doing, and she has tons of heart. Even though she's an awful football player, at least she doesn't look completely out of place. Much better showing than Lauren Silberman.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I wouldn't be surprised if his granny was glad to so the back the self-righteous, tut-tutting little wanker.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Tigzy wrote:Okay, so which Pitters here want Miri dead, or have included her on their rape lists? Or is Miri simply being disingenuous when she lumps the Pitters in with such people?
And here’s another similar thing you should probably stop doing. When I’ve written something great and you like it, and rather than just telling me it’s great and leaving it at that, you decide to go ahead and be like “Too bad the Slymepit’s totally going to accuse you of _______” or “Oh you’ll get the MRAs furious over this.” WHY DO YOU GUYS SAY THIS. WHY. The only way I survive as a writer is by refusing to think about the fact that there are people who actually want me DEAD because I support gender equality. (If you still fucking think this is hyperbolic, I don’t even know what to say.) The only way I survive is by refusing to think about the fact that they make lists about how to rape me and my friends, they make crude sexual photoshops of us, they go on and on and on and on until we all gradually drop out of public online life.
You can view the article, and in the process help increase Miri's donation amount here: http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... arassment/
I'm on record with my hate/annoyed by list, and she didn't even make it. She got remaindered into miscellaneous-nobodies-who-I-can't-be-bothered-with.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:Okay, so which Pitters here want Miri dead, or have included her on their rape lists? Or is Miri simply being disingenuous when she lumps the Pitters in with such people?
Miri is fucking mental in a dangerous way. This latest hate manifesto of hers is in Elliot Rodger territory.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FTR, I don't want Miri dead. I want her institutionalized again, before others end up dead.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Old_ones wrote:

My first HS won the California State Championship in my senior year (I was a different one). I had friends that I played football with that didn't even a fucking look and had to walk-on and prove their mettle. And they were better than this bench-warming scrub who didn't even start a game in HS.

It's like when they gave this woman a try-out at the NFL combine:

What a joke. I could kick better when I was in 5th grade trying to copy future HOFer Jan Stenerud of the Chiefs.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

When I’ve written something great and you like it, and rather than just telling me it’s great and leaving it at that, you decide to go ahead and be like “Too bad the Slymepit’s totally going to accuse you of _______”
Hey Miri, you lying piece of shit, you have never written anything "great". You're not a writer. You're a nobody who has to lie to attract some ephemeral attention. You're on no-one's "to rape" list, because such lists do not exist outside your demented radfem brain. No-one is going to waste their time photoshopping you, because you're about as interesting as a turnip.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jugheadnaut wrote:

Fuckin' ninja'd.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Who is this Miri person?

Southern

Post by Southern »

Well... that's not new, by any means:

[youtube]57kf2fkRKrc[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

Because that's more comforting for her than the reality that most people, here, there or on the planet, don't care about who she is, what she does, and how she's doing while doing it. Apathy, not hate, is the general mode of people.

For that lot, apathy is far, far worse than hate.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

The most injured I ever got while playing football was when I was playing corner back and took a hard block from a tight end type of player.

Also, in flag football (which is rough at times...and when I was older), there was a girl defensive end. She wasn't big or fat but she was a bigger than me. Anyway she wasn't good, fast, or strong, and it was sort of unfair to the players needing to block her. Open hand blocks to the chest are all that is permitted. So pushing her hard right into her tits seems wrong. Never mind, no one want's the be the guy who knocks the girl on her ass. No one also wants to be the guy bested by a girl. It's sort of a no win...just hope she doesn't make any plays while you go easy on her. Lame.

Anyway that girl DB looks like all she can do is take a block. One day they aren't gonna go easy on her. Then blame the coaches and or college administrator folk demanding to get in the news.

I'll also add that in my local area there was a story a few years ago of an 11 year old boy from Ireland who joined the girls field hockey team. Now, he was playing with girls older and bigger than him. But, he was eventually kicked off the team. Oh well. There's another issue of boys swim teams not being able to get enough players so they join up with the girls. But oh no. We can't have that. We can't mixed teams even. Nope. GIRLS ONLY!

Really?

Post by Really? »

Hmm...I haven't seen AndreaDworcat tweet in a few days. It looks like s/h/it is suspended. Any idea why? It doesn't look like s/h/it started conversations with a ton of people or made any stupid threats or anything.

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q ... t&src=typd

S.W.I.M.

Post by S.W.I.M. »

Really? wrote:

That is awesome and I did get a little bit of a chubby, but are there any really powerful bits in there? It seems to be to be the dumb stupidity we'd all expect.
Not really in that round. Funny stuff though.

Check out this round: http://pastebay.com/1452618

I thought the 'special surprise' hinted at here was a vicious and knowing reference to the upcoming maneuver to get Ben Radford to post the unsigned version of the statement. I'd have to check the dates though, and I'm sure one of you aspies has a chart.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

...When I’ve written something great and you like it, and rather than just telling me it’s great and leaving it at that, you decide to go ahead and be like “Too bad the Slymepit’s totally going to accuse you of _______” or “Oh you’ll get the MRAs furious over this.” WHY DO YOU GUYS SAY THIS. WHY...
Haha! Shit Miri, just ban Oolon and 99% of the "Oooooh, the Slymepit's gonna..." stuff stops. Everyone knows that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

S.W.I.M. wrote:
Really? wrote:

Not really in that round. Funny stuff though.

Check out this round: http://pastebay.com/1452618

I thought the 'special surprise' hinted at here was a vicious and knowing reference to the upcoming maneuver to get Ben Radford to post the unsigned version of the statement. I'd have to check the dates though, and I'm sure one of you aspies has a chart.
Jason Thibeault <--> Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Reply-To: FreeThoughtBlogs --
To: FreeThoughtBlogs --
Time for a swamp-draining of all the "top men" in this community.
At least he knows he's safe if all of the "top men" in the community are purged.

Casual Nemesis

Post by Casual Nemesis »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... arassment/
It looks like a big post muckstering for victim cred. Its interesting that she spends so much of it criticizing how her supporters support her, including instructions on how to do it properly.

I got a kick out of it. The self-importance just oozes out of the screen at you. I got a real sense of what she was trying to say by reading aloud the lines about people wanting her DEAD, and the HORRIFYING bullying and harassment, in a Shakespearian actor’s voice.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

jugheadnaut wrote:
Yes, the two times she was anywhere near the action, she got completely blown up by a block. I'm betting her career stats look like this:

Tackles: 0
Passes Defensed: 0
Sacks: 0
Interceptions: 0

Sign her up! Although I really regret making fun of her because I admire what she's doing, and she has tons of heart. Even though she's an awful football player, at least she doesn't look completely out of place. Much better showing than Lauren Silberman.
I think she has a touch of selfishness. The transition from HS to college football winnows out about 97% of the HS players. Huge swaths of these 'failures' were high quality starters/lettermen on their HS football teams and EARNED at least a chance at a walk-on. And yet, the harsh reality is the harsh reality and they're not getting that chance because there are just way too many potential players for the open slots.

And yet we have this inept, non-starting girl getting one of them. Someone that has to know, unless she's totally delusional, that she's not good enough. So, to me, it's bullshit no matter how you slice it.

Now, maybe as a kicker, she could have earned an attempt if she'd have worked hard and developed her craft. I'd be 'all-in' if that were the case and I have supported the cause of women earning their stripes and getting to play, like Ashley Martin the first woman to ever score points in an NCAA Division I game. And there have been at least a couple of other women who made college football teams as back-up kickers, but didn't play.

But this girl. It smacks of complete pandering.