Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
screwtape

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by screwtape »

Mykeru wrote:
alt_mykeru.jpg
The new Mykeru goes off to paddle his own cnut. (I've been waiting for the chance for the obligatory "1066 and All That" reference.)

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

paddybrown wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Damn, that Bora guy really needs to learn some humility:

Jan 02 2014
How does one make amends on the internet?

Bloggery

by PZ Myers

Bora Zivkovic is back, and he’s tweeting and blogging as if nothing happened…which rankles. I have to wonder what he has done or better yet, could do to make amends for the violations of trust, but a few months’ hiatus doesn’t quite seem adequate. I’m not a judge to levy a penalty, either, so I don’t know what to say, and it seems to me we lack any means of determining what is a sufficient price to pay.

Loss of widespread respect and of a good job does seem to be a substantial cost, but you’d think he’d come back with a little more humility…
This pisses me off. If you commit an actual crime, and you get caught and serve your time, most lefties will say you've paid your debt and deserve to re-enter society with a blank slate. But commit an SJ infraction, like talking about sexual matters when there are ladies present, and you can never pay your debt, you are marked as a bad person forever. Nothing else you have ever done or will ever do counts in your favour - you are defined by the incident in question. Even apologising doesn't help - it only confirms you did it and are therefore evil and deserve eternal damnation.
Remind me again what his crime was and who it was committed against? I've checked the Hague records and they mustn't have updated them.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Son of a bitch, I tried to link to the classic "Gunnery Sqt Vader/Full Metal Star Wars" and got this:
gsgt vader.png
(38.6 KiB) Downloaded 319 times

I just hate it when they DCMA stuff that's obviously parody and therefore gets and even more special exemption under Fair Use.

Especially since the effort is futile. Once on the 'net, forever on the 'net:

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Damn, that Bora guy really needs to learn some humility:

Jan 02 2014

Bloggery

by PZ Myers

Bora Zivkovic is back, and he’s tweeting and blogging as if nothing happened…which rankles. I have to wonder what he has done or better yet, could do to make amends for the violations of trust, but a few months’ hiatus doesn’t quite seem adequate. I’m not a judge to levy a penalty, either, so I don’t know what to say, and it seems to me we lack any means of determining what is a sufficient price to pay.

Loss of widespread respect and of a good job does seem to be a substantial cost, but you’d think he’d come back with a little more humility…
Well.
To confess, I've never quite understood what Bora did that was worthy of anything approaching righteous indignation and any sort of firing. I mean, he hit on some people and such but what he did just seems so normal and human to me. Sad, even pathetic, but malicious and awful and mean and hateful or sexist? Not even close. Was anyone's job actually effected? Other than his of course, in the end.

Possibly I missed something around the story, but I don't think so.
So, I'm glad he's squaring his shoulders, growing a pair, what have you.
I like seeing people stand up to those of the FCu(n)ts. Let 'em faint!

I feel awkward. Is this what it feels like to defend Oggie?

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

jet_lagg wrote:
James Caruthers wrote:Palpatine and the throne room jedi morality play is about the only reason I watch Return of the Jedi. Palpatine is great because he loves being so goddamn evil all the time. If there were kittens in his throne room, he'd step on them just to hear the sound they make when they die. Then he'd smoke unfiltered cigarettes and drink bourbon while destroying more worthless rebel planets.
I didn't have cable or a VCR as a kid, but on weekends I'd watch an old VHS of Return of the Jedi and my cousins' house, over and over again. It was my favorite movie by a wide margin, even though I had no idea who the fuck this Han Solo they were trying to save was (or how he had gotten stuck in a big block of carbonite). It blew my mind when they told me that there were even more of these movies out there (I eventually found copies of the first two films at the library, jesus fuck, remember how shitty things were before the internet?).

So, it' possibly the nostalgia speaking, but I still prefer Return of the Jedi to A New Hope (with Empire Strikes Back bringing up a close second). There's also the fact that Lucas' direction in the original Star Wars is just stiff as hell. The man has no natural talent for the craft.
Yeah, but... Fucking Ewoks, man. It was the start of George doing what he loves to do: fucking up a perfectly good story with cartoon joke animals that aren't funny to anyone but him.

The Jabba stuff is good, and so are the throne room scenes. Something I've always been annoyed at (I later heard the guys at redlettermedia make the same argument) is the schizo nature of the ending. The film cuts furiously between the Endor battle, Death Star 2 battle and throne room fight. In my opinion, the Endor shit is pointless. Just a lot of little kids in fur costumes smacking stormtroopers in the head with rocks, which they apparently have no defense against. The scenes happening on/around the Death Star 2 are the important part.

I guess arguing about which film is best comes down to my nostalgia versus your nostalgia (my super-nostalgic memories are of watching Empire's Hoth scenes with my dad on vhs) but I think the first two movies have fewer unnecessary scenes/characters than Jedi. Jedi feels like a grab-bag, like they didn't know what would work and ended up throwing everything at the screen.

James Caruthers

Jan 02 2014

Bloggery

by PZ Myers

That Bora... He should know better than to use his own twitter account to tweet things without first continuing to kiss the asses of the SJL.

James Caruthers

Oggie rapes three children, apologizes to SJL, is forgiven.

Bora talks about sex is a conversation with a woman, makes her uncomfortable, is forever labeled a horrible person who can never make amends for his violations of trust.

The mind boggles.

James Caruthers

"Bora talks about sex IN a conversation with a woman" dammit edit button.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

I'm gonna side with PZ on this one.

I mean, if you were to violate someone's trust, say, by publicly airing unfounded accusations against them, maybe even accusations of repugnant criminal activity, just for the sake of argument—well, it might rankle if you returned to blogging about other things as if it had never happened. Loss of widespread respect does seem to be a substantial cost, and it seems to me we lack any means of determining what is a sufficient price to pay (oh wait—libel laws), but I'd like to think you'd come back with a little more humility, which you might demonstrate by no longer using your privileged position as a well-known blogger to crucify other people.

Oh, and PZ definitely is a judge to levy a penalty. "Fuck him to the ground," anyone?

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

auto- obesity epidemic . The Shakers would love this.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

ianfc wrote:

Jan 02 2014

Bloggery

by PZ Myers

Benson is also moaning about Bora's lack of humility. I have to wonder if PZ has wondered what amends Oggy could make for his violation of those 3 girls.
Benson and Myers are worse than most judgmental fundy godbags, with their demands for humility and SJL-approved internet penitence. Jeebus, Bora - where are your hair shirt and the cat-o'-nine-tails?? Losing your job isn't enough, apparently - best approach Ophie and the PeeZus and seek proper modes of contrition from them. Of course they control the internetz and must therefore determine when the guilty can return to blogging and tweeting. FFS.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

Mykeru wrote:Son of a bitch, I tried to link to the classic "Gunnery Sqt Vader/Full Metal Star Wars" and got this:
gsgt vader.png

I just hate it when they DCMA stuff that's obviously parody and therefore gets and even more special exemption under Fair Use.

Especially since the effort is futile. Once on the 'net, forever on the 'net:

ohmyfuckinggodthat'ssofunny!
So well done!
Oh man I have to watch it again.

Why does this still get me all riled up!
Also Han shot first! :obscene-birdiered:

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but the womyns are going to be real butt hurt over this:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/201 ... llups.html

Womyns are failing the Marine's standards, so now they have to be dumbed down. Because fair is unequal.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

James Caruthers wrote: Yeah, but... Fucking Ewoks, man. It was the start of George doing what he loves to do: fucking up a perfectly good story with cartoon joke animals that aren't funny to anyone but him.

The Jabba stuff is good, and so are the throne room scenes. Something I've always been annoyed at (I later heard the guys at redlettermedia make the same argument) is the schizo nature of the ending. The film cuts furiously between the Endor battle, Death Star 2 battle and throne room fight. In my opinion, the Endor shit is pointless. Just a lot of little kids in fur costumes smacking stormtroopers in the head with rocks, which they apparently have no defense against. The scenes happening on/around the Death Star 2 are the important part.

I guess arguing about which film is best comes down to my nostalgia versus your nostalgia (my super-nostalgic memories are of watching Empire's Hoth scenes with my dad on vhs) but I think the first two movies have fewer unnecessary scenes/characters than Jedi. Jedi feels like a grab-bag, like they didn't know what would work and ended up throwing everything at the screen.
Since I'm clearly in the minority, I suspect this is once again nostalgia speaking, but I liked the Ewoks. To this day, they still don't bother me.

Critically speaking, I agree that Empire was superior to Jedi (what I enjoy and what I find to be technically masterful are often different things). That said, I disagree with your thoughts on Jedi's editing during the final battle. It juxtaposed the two struggles (which were thematically similar with their good-vs-evil motif) and added a crazy kineticism (particularly Lando's flight through the deathstar) to the sequence that really evoked the chaos of battle. Meanwhile, the Endor scene had some great moments with Han and Leia that (while not emotionally matching Luke's confrontation with Vader) definitely hit the right emotional beats. Overall, it comes together really well for me.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

James Caruthers wrote:Oggie rapes three children, apologizes to SJL, is forgiven.

Bora talks about sex is a conversation with a woman, makes her uncomfortable, is forever labeled a horrible person who can never make amends for his violations of trust.

The mind boggles.
Borat just published a lengthy apology in an addendum to his year in review blog post but my 2014 New Years prediction is that it won't be enough.
Oggie's biggest cheerleader Caine makes this observation about serial flirter Bora:

You make it seem as though he’s almost had his head nailed to the floor, which is not the case. You’re also skirting the larger issue here – there’s little evidence that Bora will change his behaviour towards women, given his long history of sexual harassment.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Linky to Bora's blog post, for anyone interested:

http://blog.coturnix.org/2014/01/01/201 ... in-review/

In a reasonable community, the "one strike" policy is extreme, oppressively judgmental, and inconsistent with true social justice practices in meatspace. However, given the self-involved, ridiculous, entitlement-reeking overreactions of the internet community in question, I have to admit that Comradde PhysioPreppie's suggestions in the comments may be the only option. IOW, self-imposed exile from the online science/rational/skeptic community, which is increasingly neither scientific nor rational.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

yomomma wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed before, but the womyns are going to be real butt hurt over this:

Womyns are failing the Marine's standards, so now they have to be dumbed down. Because fair is unequal.
There is absolutely no physical reason for a woman not to be able to do pull ups or full push ups (not on knees). It's about training the muscles to do the work.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I was told I wouldn't be able to fit M1938 leggings over modern hiking boots. Yet another reason not to believe everything you read on the internet.

life's little victories
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1388710104814.jpg
(41.97 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

KiwiInOz wrote:
There is absolutely no physical reason for a woman not to be able to do pull ups or full push ups (not on knees). It's about training the muscles bitching until they change things to accommodate you so you don't have to do the work.
Fixed that for you.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

James Caruthers wrote:Something I've always been annoyed at (I later heard the guys at redlettermedia make the same argument) is the schizo nature of the ending. The film cuts furiously between the Endor battle, Death Star 2 battle and throne room fight. In my opinion, the Endor shit is pointless. Just a lot of little kids in fur costumes smacking stormtroopers in the head with rocks, which they apparently have no defense against. The scenes happening on/around the Death Star 2 are the important part.
The Editing Room scripts make much the same point:
EXT. SPACE

BILLY DEE and CREW have a space battle which is not particularly interesting.

EXT. ENDOR

HARRISON, CARRIE, CHEWBACCA, and a SHITLOAD OF EWOKS have a battle which is stupid-looking and annoying.

INT. DEATH STAR

Interaction between MARK, VADER, and the EMPEROR continues. We want MARK to win because he is the good guy, but if he doesn't kill VADER he might be killed.. however, if he does kill VADER the EMPEROR wins. He can't kill the EMPEROR because VADER is protecting him. If he kills both, he gives into hatred and goes to the dark side. The dynamic is interesting and very tense. This cool, dark scene is repeatedly interrupted by the OBNOXIOUS EWOK BATTLE and the POINTLESS SPACE DOGFIGHT.
Ultimately I'll give the movie's faults a pass because it did enough good things to outweigh the bad.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

What the absolute cnut is wrong with this woman?
Ophelia Benson
2 January 2014 at 6:44 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment
It’s not just that “Bora made several women uncomfortable with unwanted advances.” It’s that he changed the subject from the women’s work. It’s that he fucked up their confidence in their work.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ally opines about Louise Mensch and the grotesque spectacle of white privilege
I have been trying to keep quiet on the ongoing schisms within feminism, and in particular the flare-ups between mainstream or ‘white’ feminism and those broadly grouped under the intersectional banner on social media. I’ve actually written and abandoned a couple of posts, realising they were going to help nobody and risked further hurting some who are already hurting.

Tonight a line was crossed and I can bite my tongue no longer.
My comment is below. I broke out the popcorn while reading all the background material. All I can say about my comment is that I am deliberately trying to avoid stirring the pot no matter how tempted I am ATM. :lol:
AndrewV69, Visiting MRA, Purveyor of Piffle & Woo

January 3, 2014 at 1:06 am (UTC 0)

@Ally,

Have you considered that the “racism” may actually be more of a “class” issue? That is the subtext I am getting at any rate. Also reminds me of this old saw:

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
― Voltaire

Within that context we may be witnessing a difference of opinion on who is naturally supposed to rule over who.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

James Caruthers wrote:Oggie rapes three children, apologizes to SJL, is forgiven.

The mind boggles.
Well, at least Peezus didn't take a 23 year old woman he was mentoring out for lunch, then talk to her about masturbating with a rubber tentacle and the look of his gramma's O-face. That'd be truly disgusting.

Never mind.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I can row a boat, cnut?

yomomma

Post by yomomma »

KiwiInOz wrote:
yomomma wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed before, but the womyns are going to be real butt hurt over this:

There is absolutely no physical reason for a woman not to be able to do pull ups or full push ups (not on knees). It's about training the muscles to do the work.
Very true, however, I would argue that most men *generally* (of course, there are numerous exceptions) have more upper body strength than women, however, the standards should be met by women anyway because that is what is equality is. If they can't make the cut, then they need to accept that and stop moving the goal posts.

Makes me think it's not about equality at all. It's about deferring to women as the more powerful gender because, ironically, they're so fragile or something, anything less than dominance makes baby Jesus cry.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BarnOwl wrote:What the absolute cnut is wrong with this woman?
Ophelia Benson
It’s not just that “Bora made several women uncomfortable with unwanted advances.” It’s that he changed the subject from the women’s work. It’s that he fucked up their confidence in their work.
Remember, in SJW land, women are weak and helpless and need all the positive attention and propping up they can get. Ophie is just parroting the party line.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Ophelia Benson
oafietwitch02.gif
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 246 times

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Ophelia Benson
My diagnosis of Ophies pathological personality:
A youthful, inspired Ophelia Benson set out to share her literary talents with the greater world. She was full of inspiration, her writing showed promise, the world was her oyster. She had no idea that the dark agents of the patriarchy were out to demand her soul in return for allowing her to live up to her potential, and she recoiled in horror and disgust when her innocence was abruptly violated.
The damage was done; happy smiling Ophie aged beyond her years and a permanent scowl marred her visage, a profound bitterness grasped her inner being, and worse.
She lost confidence in her work and was reduced to copy pasting others writing and adding brief comments of her own, then trying to pass it off as her own work. Her humiliation was complete.

James Caruthers

These people really are insane. They laugh at PZ's rape jokes. They laugh at Watson's tale of treating an ex-mormon like shit. They cry that others are unfairly crucifying Oggie when we point out his numerous admissions of CHILD RAPE.

But Bora talks about sex with a womyn in a way she finds offensive (bet she wouldn't have been offended if Bora was sexually attractive) and suddenly it's the one unforgivable sin and how dare he USE HIS OWN TWITTER ACCOUNT without their super special SJL permission.

Bora already apologized and paid the price. These are the same motherfuckers who usually oppose the death penalty and generally support super lenient prison laws with an emphasis on rehabilitation.

"It's okay when we do it" doesn't seem sufficient to cover the extremes of their in-group hypocrisy.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

BarnOwl wrote:Linky to Bora's blog post, for anyone interested:

In a reasonable community, the "one strike" policy is extreme, oppressively judgmental, and inconsistent with true social justice practices in meatspace. However, given the self-involved, ridiculous, entitlement-reeking overreactions of the internet community in question, I have to admit that Comradde PhysioPreppie's suggestions in the comments may be the only option. IOW, self-imposed exile from the online science/rational/skeptic community, which is increasingly neither scientific nor rational.
So beautifully said.
Should someone tweet/email Bora, tell him that the 'pitters are behind him?
Think he'd feel good about that? :)

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

I don't think they'll be satisfied until they're allowed to stone Bora to death, with the following accommodations:

1. The stones must be collected and placed in neat piles with easy access to persons with disabilities, real and imagined.
2. The stones must be smooth and of uniform size, and must be at or below regulation weight required for comfortable throwing by the weaker arms of wimminz.
3. The stonee (BoraZ) must remain within a circle of predetermined diameter, again to accommodate the weaker arms and poorer aim of wimminz.
4. Stones must not be collected from the sacred lands of Oppressed Persons.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Jan 02 2014

Bloggery

by PZ Myers

Big prediction: Peezus will welcome Hugo Schwyzer back into the good graces of his radfem crowd on his SJW blog once Schwyzer gets out of prison. Sure...Schwyzer admitted all he had to do was make shit up in order to be a professor women's studies (and make 90K+/year) and he pushed his wife away with his substance abuse and he fucked over a dozen of his young, impressionable students and he nearly killed a woman while driving on Klonopin.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Ophelia Benson
My diagnosis of Ophies pathological personality:
A youthful, inspired Ophelia Benson set out to share her literary talents with the greater world. She was full of inspiration, her writing showed promise, the world was her oyster. She had no idea that the dark agents of the patriarchy were out to demand her soul in return for allowing her to live up to her potential, and she recoiled in horror and disgust when her innocence was abruptly violated.
The damage was done; happy smiling Ophie aged beyond her years and a permanent scowl marred her visage, a profound bitterness grasped her inner being, and worse.
She lost confidence in her work and was reduced to copy pasting others writing and adding brief comments of her own, then trying to pass it off as her own work. Her humiliation was complete.
And dark clouds of angry, rabid bats swarmed out of her cavernous mass grave of a twat.

You dropped the last sentence.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

zenbabe wrote:

So beautifully said.
Should someone tweet/email Bora, tell him that the 'pitters are behind him?
Think he'd feel good about that? :)
I might send him an e-mail of support, with a non-specific mention that others feel similarly.

Honestly, none of the "victims" whose confidence has been so cruelly shaken is that great a loss to the science blogging community. It's not as if they were working on cures for devastating infections, auto-immune disorders, or deadly cancers, and somebody yanked their funding or unfairly rejected their manuscripts at Cell or Science.

Really?

Post by Really? »

James Caruthers wrote:These people really are insane. They laugh at PZ's rape jokes. They laugh at Watson's tale of treating an ex-mormon like shit. They cry that others are unfairly crucifying Oggie when we point out his numerous admissions of CHILD RAPE.

But Bora talks about sex with a womyn in a way she finds offensive (bet she wouldn't have been offended if Bora was sexually attractive) and suddenly it's the one unforgivable sin and how dare he USE HIS OWN TWITTER ACCOUNT without their super special SJL permission.

Bora already apologized and paid the price. These are the same motherfuckers who usually oppose the death penalty and generally support super lenient prison laws with an emphasis on rehabilitation.

"It's okay when we do it" doesn't seem sufficient to cover the extremes of their in-group hypocrisy.
Don't you get it? Ever since he somehow got security clearance in the government, Oggie's monster has been reminding him of what he did in the past to all of those little gir--

No. I can't go on.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BarnOwl wrote:I don't think they'll be satisfied until they're allowed to stone Bora to death, with the following accommodations:

1. The stones must be collected and placed in neat piles with easy access to persons with disabilities, real and imagined.
2. The stones must be smooth and of uniform size, and must be at or below regulation weight required for comfortable throwing by the weaker arms of wimminz.
3. The stonee (BoraZ) must remain within a circle of predetermined diameter, again to accommodate the weaker arms and poorer aim of wimminz.
Obligatory.

[youtube]MIaORknS1Dk[/youtube]

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

BarnOwl wrote:I don't think they'll be satisfied until they're allowed to stone Bora to death, with the following accommodations:

:lol:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Set the baboons up in a circle around the half-buried Borga, with a handful of stones each, and their complete incompetence means they'll just end up smashing the fuck out of each other. Give it 5 minutes and there'll be a bloody ring of weeping fleshpiles around a man asking "Er, can I get out now, guys?" I'd guess that task would be pretty easy for him, given that the baboons would have spent two hours discussing who should be involved in the pre-stoning burial (taking into account all possible intersectionalities regarding race, gender, disability and pure fucking laziness), and ended up with Setar just spooning a half inch of sand over the guy.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

And mentioning of the word 'Jehovah' is right out.

Anyway, they are all totally bonkers which is why they are such a great source of entertainment. Despite some very questionable photoshops (like the one yesterday, I really didn't like it) there is more morality, ethics and genuine compassion shown in a few pages of the Slympit than two years of commentary by those clowns. There is also a much greater tolerance of ideas, sexuality, class, gender, colour and political and social beliefs here than they could ever dream of.

The clowns remind me of born again Christians that asserts moral purity while showing their complete detachment from reality and any genuine understanding of the human condition. No punishment is good enough for those who they decide are out of the clan. No crime is great enough not to be forgiven for those inside their cult.

Their similarity to all cults, such as Scientology, is not a coincidence. The fact they can't see that even as a possibility tells me their ability to really know what is in the hearts and minds of others is non existent.

James Caruthers

[youtube]INiD8OE9SBE[/youtube]
Anti-bullying advocate bullies Mr. Mackey to get his way.

They never mention whether or not the Bully Buckers guy is a mod at Freethought Blogs.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

It's 40 degrees C here at the moment. Fuck it's hot!!!!

James Caruthers

That episode also demonstrates the fad of adopting Social Justice causes in order to gain unearned popularity, credibility and personal power.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Obligatory.

[youtube]MIaORknS1Dk[/youtube]
I had that in mind when I wrote the post. :lol:

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

The year is only a few days old and the next issue presents itself already. I genuinely thought its somehow getting better, but it looks like we're back at operating temperature. I only know Bora from the drama and from what I read I have no reason to sympathize with him. Yet, I am frankly amazed by the comments from Physioproffe and Clarke and Benson/Myers commentary. After some months of hiatus and — apparently having lost a good job with plenty of opportunity, marriage issues, lost friends and so on — Bora starts something new, on his own, and yet he did not only not repent enough, he is allegedly imposing himself. Myers and Benson link to Bora's blog, Clarke and PhysioProffe post on his blog, and yet Bora is imposing himself. Apparently he wrote a few apologies already and they weren't enough? He can't never start a new thing to sustain himself? It seems not the people involved but the social justice leagues decides what you can and what you can't do and how long you have to wear the hair shirt. PhysioProffe even suggests that Bora must do something entirely else, because blogging or being interested in things Bora is interested in apparently somehow belongs of the Social Justice League.

I cannot even see the argument there. If Proffe and Co. think he profits from his former fame, then these people who still like or support Bora do this on their own, and Risotto-Brain or some other person have no say in this “circle” either. They can dislike all friends and followers of Bora, or ask Oolon to write a blockbot to rid them all. But why is someones blog and what they do there their business?

Not that I am surprised. Its already known that they seek to remove people entirely out of any possibly shared audience or field of interest. Not individuals in the audience decide which blogs they like to visit and whether they are okay with statements on twitter, the clergy of FTB does. Same procedure as last year? Same procedure as every year, James.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Two points, two flats, and a packet of gravel.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Meyers comments on his post about Bora:

http://i.imgur.com/xVDDMtn.png

Does he do this shit deliberately? No, I really don't think he does. His head is now up past the ears into the SJW's asshole, so he can no longer see nor hear the voices of reason telling him what a cunt he is being.

http://i.imgur.com/u5OtpSp.png

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Aneris wrote: *snip*Myers and Benson link to Bora's blog *snip*
Meyers actually links only to Opheliar's post. Obviously desperate for pennies wherever he can get them.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

If I had an account to ritually sacrifice, I'd comment “Perhaps Bora takes example from Ogvorbis who repented properly and is rightfully accepted as a loved member of the tribe. There is apparently a way for redemption”

Well, its technically true. :popcorn:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers comments on his post about Bora:

Does he do this shit deliberately? No, I really don't think he does. His head is now up past the ears into the SJW's asshole, so he can no longer see nor hear the voices of reason telling him what a cunt he is being.

[img]
To be clear, I know that "redemption" is not a word owned by christianity. Maybe the fat fraud is trying to reclaim it for atheism, in the manner of "queer" for homosexuals. I doubt that generous interpretation, but still... even if we allow that reason, this was surely a fucking terrible time to deploy the word. It just reeks of a pious demand that the evil sinner repent and join the flock of Goodfulness. Save it for your increasingly rare and weak rants against religious people, Meyers, and perhaps then it won't seem so......Pope-like.

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Meyers comments on his post about Bora:

http://i.imgur.com/u5OtpSp.png
I mean shit, it's not like Bora called someone a cunt.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Aneris wrote: *snip*Myers and Benson link to Bora's blog *snip*
Meyers actually links only to Opheliar's post. Obviously desperate for pennies wherever he can get them.
You'd think he could retire off his book sales.

http://www.wpclipart.com/cartoon/animal ... ughing.png

welch

Post by welch »

I love the internet. Now we don't even have to do the work ourselves!

http://lokaltog.github.io/tumblr-argument-generator/

Quiz

Post by Quiz »

KiwiInOz wrote:

They may have to hold back a ton of female recruits for remedial PT. Either you lower the standard and risk losing lives or you have to PT the shit out of them so they can meet standards.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:I love the internet. Now we don't even have to do the work ourselves!

That's just the FCu(n)ts trying to earn some pennies on Amazon MTurk.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Bora talks about sex in a conversation with a woman, makes her uncomfortable, is forever labeled a horrible person who can never make amends for his violations of trust.

The mind boggles.
Boggled mine so much, I had to make a comment on his blog. In moderation at the moment. Addressed to Chris "Just a joke" Clarke and Comradeeeeeeeeee "Fucken" Physioproffeeeeeee:
To Chris (and also to Physioproffeenfeeneetum), let me be the first to say that you, by the network of friends that you harbor, should not be the first to exercise judgment on anyone. Especially one that pertains to sexual harassment or anything thereof.

Consider the following. Bora Zivkovic, at its simplest, made a woman uncomfortable. Without elaboration, without delving further into it, that is, essentially, the extent of what he did. On the other hand, right now, on the network you're on (previously in one case), there is a man who has admitted - confessed! - to have raped three girls. Voluntarily. And what kind of judgment has this man incurred?

None. As easily as it was said, he was forgiven outright. For rape.

Now, how is it that this man who commited rape can be forgiven without a second thought, but Bora who merely made a woman feel inconvenienced (again, at its simplest) should prostrate himself again and again before you even begin to think of forgiveness? Give me a break.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

welch wrote:I love the internet. Now we don't even have to do the work ourselves!

Did Wowbagger have a hand in creating this?

GO DROWN IN YOUR OWN PISS, YOU CISGENDER-PRIVILEGED CLASSIST

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

LEAVE FAT LOVE PEOPLE THE FUCK ALONE YOU HITLER!!!

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

Wow.

These people are so fucking sanctimonious. Their game is so transparent, it's just amazing that their idiot followers don't see through it. Showing up at Bora's blog and telling him publicly how this forgiveness business works is self-serving in the extreme. It sends the message, "I'm a Good Personâ„¢ and an official representative of the SJL, and you can tell because why else would I be here teaching Bora Forgiveness 101?"

PZ's playing a similar game on his home turf, blogging about how Bora's back and oh-noes-how-dare-he-be-back-if-WE-haven't-forgiven-him-yet-and-that-rankles-and-who-am-I-poor-little-old-me-to-judge-or-impose-a-sentence-but-I'm-going-to-judge-anyway-but-then-keep-reading-because-actually-I'm-very-forgiving-like-Jesus-and-I-suggest-that-WE-find-it-in-OUR-hearts-to-leave-open-the-possibility-for-Bora's-eventual-redemption-and-isn't-that-big-of-me-I-mean-US? See, I'm a Good Person.â„¢

It's hard to believe that these people and their followers really exist. It's easy to wish that they didn't.

Oh, and Bora's going out like a punk. Just look at that public apology and his sheepish comments. What he did was an inappropriate abuse of his power as a boss. It was, as another 'pitter said above (I'm not going to check who it was), a very human mistake, and it might not have been a big deal in other contexts. But given the circumstances it was a major fuck-up indeed, and he's paying the price. He's already apologized to the only people he owed an apology to. Now he needs to shake it off, forgive himself, look around him, realize how fucking horrible these people are, say "Good riddance," grow a pair, and move on. For his own sake and for his wife's. Thinking about trying to crawl back in to the SJL as a Good Personâ„¢ is understandable from a career perspective, but actually doing it is damned pathetic.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

The mind boggles.
Well, at least Peezus didn't take a 23 year old woman he was mentoring out for lunch, then talk to her about masturbating with a rubber tentacle and the look of his gramma's O-face. That'd be truly disgusting.

Never mind.
:D I'd forgotten. Have you got the reference page to hand?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Pitchguest wrote:

LEAVE FAT LOVE PEOPLE THE FUCK ALONE YOU HITLER!!!
http://i.imgur.com/UBGiXX2.jpg