Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Sunder

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Sunder »

Jan Steen wrote:Main conclusion: someone can't spell the word 'interference'.
I assumed it might be some oblique legal term, but I couldn't find any results so I'd say not.

I'm gonna guess typo since F and V are right next to one another.

TiBo

Post by TiBo »

I seriously don't get this entire high profile skeptic witch-of-the-week hunt thing...

Speculations, opinions, drama... so much blabla with so little value. While I can understand how you would amuse yourself by watching this highschoolish turmoil from the outside, I don't understand why any adult would voluntarily participate in it, exposing him/herself to the suspicion of being immature, if not mentally retarded. The most likely explanation seems to be that lots of the participants are infact retarded.
And although I haven't decided yet whether I find that disheartening, or just annoying, I must admit that I would love to see some of the main mischief-makers receive ... special treatment. Something in these people makes me want to embrace my inner fascist :hand:

/randomrant

John D

Post by John D »

And I just want you-all to know that I read "12 Years a Slave" to compensate for my otherwise overt racism! I was somewhat disappointed however, since there was not one black ""thug" in the entire book. There where a great many white thugs.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

All out of popcorn. Turning to Pringles now.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Dave wrote: Thats basically why I (still quite tentatively) believe the retraction is real. The only alternatives I can see invlove Radford being insanely boneheaded and acting against legal advice.

Now, since Stollznow twattered, Im forced to conclude that one or the other of them is acting against legal advice. But I can see someone justifying what they believe to be a vague tweet to themselves far more than making up an apology out of whole cloth. So Im still thinking this is real, but frankly, am not willing to put much more than cup of coffee on it.

As to the letterhead, signatures and all that, I am guessing, and at this point all this is is a guess, that all Radford currently has is a draft of the settlement agreement that his lawyers say Stollznow has agreed to. A portion of that agreement includes a provision that both parties will issue the statement we have seen on their respective social media within a certain timeframe. Naturally, Radford is more anxious to get it out. Thats a big guess, but is an educated guess to the extent that a J.D. is considered education.
My thoughts exactly -- although better-phrased!

Southern

Post by Southern »

Tapir wrote:Now the man Thibeault was humble, more so than anyone on earth....
I grew up an ostracized geek — far too intelligent, and far too incapable of interacting at a “normal” level with the other kids.
Wait - is Thimbledick really a Dick Carrier's clone?

dogen

Post by dogen »

Last night, I inhaled (in a single lungfull) three episodes of Attack on Titan. Thanks for the rec, everyone -- it looks very interesting, and I shall enjoy watching a lot more.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:All out of popcorn. Turning to Pringles now.

This is for you Phil, you frenchie you! http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/210-french-kissing-map

Imagine the gaul of those in Normandy, forcing their rapey quatre bises on the unconsenting travellers from the rest of France! Imagine being part of the deux bises minority in Pas de Calais, in constant fear of an extra two kisses being forced upon them. The Horror! The Horror! [sjw_mode=off]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Southern wrote:
I grew up an ostracized geek — far too intelligent, and far too incapable of interacting at a “normal” level with the other kids.
Wait - is Thimbledick really a Dick Carrier's clone?
Yes.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Dave wrote:

This is for you Phil, you frenchie you! http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/210-french-kissing-map

Imagine the gaul of those in Normandy, forcing their rapey quatre bises on the unconsenting travellers from the rest of France! Imagine being part of the deux bises minority in Pas de Calais, in constant fear of an extra two kisses being forced upon them. The Horror! The Horror! [sjw_mode=off]
Two kisses in my area (and actually most of France, when you're meeting someone not from your area.) There's no faux pas or embarrassment in getting it wrong. Usually, it just goes "oh, here it's 3", everybody laughs and that's the end of it.

When in doubt, punch them in the face, is what I'm sayin'...

John D

Post by John D »

Dave wrote:

I can attest to the fact that three kisses are very popular in Liechtenstein and that part of Austria that is on the Liechtenstein boarder area. It is very odd to see co-workers kissing all over each other in the bar after work. Three kisses...shit... that takes a long time when you are with a group.

Stretchycheese

Post by Stretchycheese »

CuntajusRationality wrote: I chimed in with "hyperskeptical much?" followed by "always believe the victim, then?"

My favorite part of Lousy Canuck's response, aside from being called an avowed MRA, was being mocked for assuming that political correctness run amok leads to censorship of ideas, followed by having all subsequent comments blocked. :lol:
It surprises me not one whit that an avowed MRA who thinks that “political correctness run amok” on this board leads to fascistic censorship
Then (in the same comment):
GTFO with your binary worldview, dude. I’ll help you out the door.

Followed by:
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
:lol: Just like "Slay those who say Islam is violent!!"

Along with satire, ideologues just don't seem to get irony either.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

too level :D

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Scented Nectar said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 39#p170139):
Either they truly don't see what hypocritical fools they are, or they get off sexually on being publicly humiliated.
I think it varies from clown to clown. For instance, LousyCanuck has stated on more than one occasion, and firmly believes, that comment moderation, editing, deleting, and commenter banning equals freethought, non-censorship, and the encouragement of free expression, while no comment moderation, editing, deleting, and commenter banning equals censorship, the limitation of freethought, and outright echo-chamberitis.

Someone who is so deeply indoctrinated into such pure Orwellian thought-police ideology is simply incapable of realistic and rational thought and is quite clearly incapable of seeing his own rather vast hypocrisy -- but that doesn't mean he gets sexual jollies over public humiliation.

Regreta, on the other hand, what with unicorn rape fanatsies etc, well, who the fuck knows what goes on in that head?
I really can't figure out which is more likely at this point.
Neither can I, really.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

John Greg wrote:Scented Nectar said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 39#p170139):
Either they truly don't see what hypocritical fools they are, or they get off sexually on being publicly humiliated.
I think it varies from clown to clown. For instance, LousyCanuck has stated on more than one occasion, and firmly believes, that comment moderation, editing, deleting, and commenter banning equals freethought, non-censorship, and the encouragement of free expression, while no comment moderation, editing, deleting, and commenter banning equals censorship, the limitation of freethought, and outright echo-chamberitis.

Someone who is so deeply indoctrinated into such pure Orwellian thought-police ideology is simply incapable of realistic and rational thought and is quite clearly incapable of seeing his own rather vast hypocrisy -- but that doesn't mean he gets sexual jollies over public humiliation.

Regreta, on the other hand, what with unicorn rape fanatsies etc, well, who the fuck knows what goes on in that head?
I really can't figure out which is more likely at this point.
Neither can I, really.
There is something quite wrong with reGreta. I read an excerpt from her book, and I find it appalling that she would use Abbie's name for a character that gets raped in her fetish/fantasy/whateverthefuckitis book. She wrote the book post-elevatorgate, so what on earth was she thinking when she decided on that name? She may be the most fucked-up of them all.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

That Elyse timeline was funny yesterday, she's rapidly becoming my favorite idiot.

I looked at her twitter and she eventually closed her laptop and said she was going do something else like play with her kid. I assume she tripped over all the empty wine boxes, and launched herself down the cellar stairs, because 2 hours later she's in casualty with a numb hand :doh:
Not too long after that, there was an intervention from surly - obviously came a little bit too late.

I'm assuming surly's intervention came after elyse's curtain call on facebook because that was just ... {fake ogvorby pause and beats} .. weird.

Speaking of pauses, did anyone notice how RWs video was peppered with them? It sounded like Simon Bates doing Our Tune. Gets the fucking cash rolling in though!

cunt

Post by cunt »

TiBo wrote:I don't understand why any adult would voluntarily participate in it, exposing him/herself to the suspicion of being immature, if not mentally retarded. The most likely explanation seems to be that lots of the participants are infact retarded.
/randomrant
Seems likely.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

It's my Slyme birthday today!

cunt

Post by cunt »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:It's my Slyme birthday today!
Happy go fuck yourself.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Holler cunt, me old mucker! How ya diddling?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Here and there. Mostly I pray for death.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

JayTeeAitch wrote:That Elyse timeline was funny yesterday, she's rapidly becoming my favorite idiot.

I looked at her twitter and she eventually closed her laptop and said she was going do something else like play with her kid.
JayTeeAitch wrote: 2 hours later she's in casualty with a numb hand :doh:

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/20 ... macked.jpg

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:Here and there. Mostly I pray for death.
Silly sausage, you know prayer doesn't work. Good to have you back anyway mate.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Well, something bad obviously happened to him in the years since, because he is currently a pitch-perfect example of mediocrity.

When people have to point out how awesome they are, it's a surefire bet they're not awesome at all.

Jason Thibeault, Mall Ninja.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:That Elyse timeline was funny yesterday, she's rapidly becoming my favorite idiot.

I looked at her twitter and she eventually closed her laptop and said she was going do something else like play with her kid.
JayTeeAitch wrote: 2 hours later she's in casualty with a numb hand :doh:

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/20 ... macked.jpg
If she could see you'd made a joke about that she'd be literally shaking with rage and, depending on whether it's past 7:30AM or not, the DTs

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
If she could see you'd made a joke about that she'd be literally shaking with rage and, depending on whether it's past 7:30AM or not, the DTs
Meh. She'd be literally shaking with rage if a neighbour slammed a door.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

cunt wrote:Good website imo ----> http://chaturbate.com/amazingmodel/
Chaturbate. lol.
I prefer to masturchat.

cunt

Post by cunt »

I'm literally encased in carbonite right now. Thanks a lot.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Dick Strawkins wrote:The 'Not-Up-For-Debate' policy as regards abortion sticks in my craw .... <snip>

In Ireland the right to an abortion in a medical emergency became law only within the past few months, following the death of Savita Halappanavar who died of a severe infection after she was refused a termination. The reason the law changed was due to Irish people taking exactly the opposite stance to that advocated by the SJWs. In other words they insisted that abortion was not a topic beyond the pale of public discussion. It was something that could be debated by adults in an open way.

Even now the provisions for abortion in Ireland are almost non-existent. The only way that first trimester abortions are ever going to become a right for Irish women is that the subject is allowed to be discussed. At present the anti-choice side in Ireland and other majority Catholic countries tend to behave in the same way that the SJWs do - insist that the abortion question is decided, and that it is immoral to even bring it up.

Ophelia Benson frequently covers the Irish abortion stories. She must know that her stance of supporting the status quo (the questioon is decided - nothing to see here, move along now) is harmful to Irish women and yet she continues to do so.
Excellent example of the need to keep the topic open for debate, I'd say, but I imagine their response would be to insist that we just don't get it - what's they're saying is not "up for debate" is women's complete & total bodily autonomy, therefore (I imagine) they think the Catholic Church sucks eggs and should just get out of sociopolitical life in Ireland, ta da, problem solved. (Not.)

Remember that Benson claimed with a straight face in her talk at Atheist Ireland's Empowering Women conference last year that restrictions on abortion were just as bad in the US as in Ireland (and no-one there challenged her on that, as far as I heard). I posted here shortly afterwards about that claim. It still boils down to the influence of the Catholic Church, which is much more limited in the US than Ireland (understatement of the year), though not at all non-existent, esp w/ Catholic health care organizations acquiring formerly secular hospitals all over the country. Yet still the legal right to abortion exists, even if the particular hospital a person is in won't let it be done, nor be discussed. (Circling back to: they say it's not #UpForDebate, and they're certain that they hold The Right Position on the matter...sound familiar?)

TL;DR - Claiming your position is the Right One and is not #UpForDebate is not a politically savvy or effective stance to take, unless your group does indeed hold all the cards that matter, in the matter.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
cunt wrote:Good website imo ----> http://chaturbate.com/amazingmodel/
Chaturbate. lol.
I prefer to masturchat.
homo

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

John D wrote:And I just want you-all to know that I read "12 Years a Slave" to compensate for my otherwise overt racism! I was somewhat disappointed however, since there was not one black ""thug" in the entire book. There where a great many white thugs.
I watched 12 Years a Slave, Although, people do break out into spontaneous song, the musical numbers are rather tepid and completely lacking in animated cartoon birds.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Mykeru wrote:
John D wrote:And I just want you-all to know that I read "12 Years a Slave" to compensate for my otherwise overt racism! I was somewhat disappointed however, since there was not one black ""thug" in the entire book. There where a great many white thugs.
I watched 12 Years a Slave, Although, people do break out into spontaneous song, the musical numbers are rather tepid and completely lacking in animated cartoon birds.
12 years a slave is over-rated, misery-porn toss.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Parody Accountant wrote: [youtube]Abhyxx8onjA[/youtube]

.............................................................................. 0_0 .............................................

cunt

Post by cunt »

I've literally been awoken from my thousand year slumber and now must haunt the earth! Fuck you.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Skep tickle wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:The 'Not-Up-For-Debate' policy as regards abortion sticks in my craw .... <snip>

In Ireland the right to an abortion in a medical emergency became law only within the past few months, following the death of Savita Halappanavar who died of a severe infection after she was refused a termination. The reason the law changed was due to Irish people taking exactly the opposite stance to that advocated by the SJWs. In other words they insisted that abortion was not a topic beyond the pale of public discussion. It was something that could be debated by adults in an open way.

Even now the provisions for abortion in Ireland are almost non-existent. The only way that first trimester abortions are ever going to become a right for Irish women is that the subject is allowed to be discussed. At present the anti-choice side in Ireland and other majority Catholic countries tend to behave in the same way that the SJWs do - insist that the abortion question is decided, and that it is immoral to even bring it up.

Ophelia Benson frequently covers the Irish abortion stories. She must know that her stance of supporting the status quo (the questioon is decided - nothing to see here, move along now) is harmful to Irish women and yet she continues to do so.
Excellent example of the need to keep the topic open for debate, I'd say, but I imagine their response would be to insist that we just don't get it - what's they're saying is not "up for debate" is women's complete & total bodily autonomy, therefore (I imagine) they think the Catholic Church sucks eggs and should just get out of sociopolitical life in Ireland, ta da, problem solved. (Not.)

Remember that Benson claimed with a straight face in her talk at Atheist Ireland's Empowering Women conference last year that restrictions on abortion were just as bad in the US as in Ireland (and no-one there challenged her on that, as far as I heard). I posted here shortly afterwards about that claim. It still boils down to the influence of the Catholic Church, which is much more limited in the US than Ireland (understatement of the year), though not at all non-existent, esp w/ Catholic health care organizations acquiring formerly secular hospitals all over the country. Yet still the legal right to abortion exists, even if the particular hospital a person is in won't let it be done, nor be discussed. (Circling back to: they say it's not #UpForDebate, and they're certain that they hold The Right Position on the matter...sound familiar?)

TL;DR - Claiming your position is the Right One and is not #UpForDebate is not a politically savvy or effective stance to take, unless your group does indeed hold all the cards that matter, in the matter.
SJW's have no interest at all in discussing about anything unless it is to affirm their position. They assert with no evidence and unless you agree with it you are a bad person and vilified/censored. Any questions are answered with 'stop JAQing' off or 'Educate yourself'.

Their attitude indicates to me not only their inability to support their arguments but the fact they are poison to critical inquiry and natural skepticism which is the foundation of successful atheist arguments.

As to censorship, I saw Myers on a podcast saying with a straight face that he does not censor but does ban 'assholes', a term he uses for anyone who does not agree with him. He rejected the idea this will necessarily result in useless echo chambers. Their absolute certainty of their position simply comes over a complete disconnect with reality which is common to all extremists.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Yeah right myers and his fuckheads are extremists. In other news those islamist guys who chopped a mans head off in the middle of watford got sent to prison last month.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Nice button linking to the back channel, Scented Nectar. :)

dogen

Post by dogen »

cunt wrote:I've literally been awoken from my thousand year slumber and now must haunt the earth! Fuck you.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
"

cunt

Post by cunt »

I've literally had to claw through 2 inches of wood and 6 feet of dirt, before beginning my undead rampage. So maybe shut the fuck up and listen a while?

dogen

Post by dogen »

cunt wrote:I've literally had to claw through 2 inches of wood and 6 feet of dirt, before beginning my undead rampage. So maybe shut the fuck up and listen a while?
So instead of groaning "brains, brains", it's "cocks, cocks", right?

cunt

Post by cunt »

Think you're too good to get your cock sucked, eh? Bigoted twat.

cunt

Post by cunt »

http://chaturbate.com/amazingmodel/ <--- good channel right now trust me

Apples

Post by Apples »

cunt wrote:Here and there. Mostly I pray for death.
http://mydeathspace.com/article-list.aspx

Apples

Post by Apples »

cunt

Post by cunt »

At some point in the future. You're going to die.

Apples

eat that, Carrie Poppy!!

Post by Apples »

Our results revealed that a vegetarian diet is related to a lower BMI and less frequent alcohol consumption. Moreover, our results showed that a vegetarian diet is associated with poorer health (higher incidences of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), a higher need for health care, and poorer quality of life.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ad ... #abstract0

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Skep tickle wrote:Nice button linking to the back channel, Scented Nectar. :)
Thank you. It's a great place to hang out and gossip about the feminists. It's kind of sad that they can't read what's there though. :lol:

For reals though, if any Pitters want to hang out and chat in a 3d world I've just started decorating (similar to Second Life but way bigger and cheaper), it's ScentedNectar world in the ActiveWorlds universe. http://activeworlds.com . You can ignore the custom avatar if you like. I couldn't care less about avatars. I just like building in 3d. It's free to become a citizen and to build on any empty land you can find (there's tons of it) in the public building worlds. The only drawback is that the Activeworlds program only works on Windows machines.

I recently bought a fairly large private world. It only shows up for people who have set their AW browser to show X rated worlds though. I want people, including myself, to have the freedom to use uncensored words/signs/pictures etc, so I self-rated the world as "X".

It needs a coffee shop somewhere, with a nearby elevator for lolz. It also needs an actual slimepit somewhere (with green fog!) that has clickable signs to various websites.

There is text chatting in there, and also some sort of built in voip for voice chatting. I've never used the voip yet and don't really know how it works.

cunt

Post by cunt »

[youtube]ZFOHOseMthg[/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Parody Accountant wrote: [youtube]Abhyxx8onjA[/youtube]

.............................................................................. 0_0 .............................................
I have, even after working with Japanese colleagues, taking an Asian Studies class, and befriending a Japanese exchange student, determined that I can never understand Japanese popular culture. I do find it amazing to watch however.

[youtube]CKjaFG4YN6g[/youtube]

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

Apples

#notupfordebate

Post by Apples »

UC Santa Barbara professor steals young anti-abortion protester’s sign, apparently assaults protesters, says she ‘set a good example for her students’
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volo ... -students/

cunt

Post by cunt »

[youtube]wKvktQwbZ-4[/youtube]

John D

Re: #notupfordebate

Post by John D »

Apples wrote:
UC Santa Barbara professor steals young anti-abortion protester’s sign, apparently assaults protesters, says she ‘set a good example for her students’
I was at the Woodward Dream Cruise about 5 years ago. It is super close to my house, and if I have to put up with the traffic I might as well go see the old cars. The local super-conservative Catholic Church had protesters on the street. I guess they have the right. I will say though, that this is a family event and is really about enjoying a nice day watching classic cars. What did frost my ass however, was the fact that these fuckers had huge signs showing bloody distorted fetuses. So, right there at the cruse, hundreds of little kids got to stroll by bead-rubbing-boy with his giant bloody fetus poster. I was so pissed.

I walked up to within about a foot from his face and started screaming at him. It was great fun for me, as I got to practice my self-righteous anger (and this is the kind of anger that is NOT a sin. Just ask a Christian about this). I shouted at him for about a minute (spit included) reminding him that, while he had a right to speak, he was a reckless abusive idiot for showing these images to little kids on a day that is about family and fun. He did just stand there and take it. I don't know if I did any good, but I have not seen these guys since.

I did not assault him... nor did I take his bloody fetus sign.

cunt

Post by cunt »

[youtube]rLDSTJ74Yxg[/youtube]

Apples

I am your asian sidekick

Post by Apples »

Asian-Americans in California send a message: Race and gender preferences are obsolete
http://washingtonexaminer.com/asian-ame ... le/2546009

welch

Post by welch »

Of course. That was the cause. He's just too good for this world.

JayTeeAitch

Re: #notupfordebate

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Apples wrote:
Here's a video of it. How's about them apples!

[youtube]sLemX9QtUa4[/youtube]

cunt

Post by cunt »

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

justinvacula wrote:I pop in on Miller's thread to say that Radford fibbing is highly improbable. This follows.
Ashley Miller wrote:If it was only this, I would agree, but between the behavior of DJ Grothe, Micheal Shermer, Ben Radford, Justin Vacula, and Brian Dunning, added to the general assholes online brigade makes it difficult to want anything to do with the movement.
FFS Ashley if you don't wan't to be a part of skepticism/atheism then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Its amazing seeing these social justice pissants whine about how horrible the movement is, and threaten to rage quit. News flash assholes, no one invited you in the first place. You want anything to do with the movement, because your platform can't survive without grafting itself onto ideas and institutions that people are actually excited about. At least if I get herpes I don't have to listen to it whine about how my mucous membranes aren't coddling it enough.