Post by Ape+lust »

Whoops, sorry. Had to go find it again.

http://ratifiedtwentyfive.wordpress.com ... omment-966

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Ape+lust »

Yes, things work better with context. That was a reply to this, which I forgot to include :oops:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:She explained on her blerg. Her decades-old nym is soiled, sullied, too encrusted with shit to use anymore, thanks to her enemies. So, her name is new and she won't be coming back. Certainly not before 6 months. Wait, no, she has a big sad, so coming back is impossible. Okay, not impossible, but not anytime soon.
Link? That girl has had so many blogs, it's hard to keep up.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:Whoops, sorry. Had to go find it again.

Cainaji has a strange idea of the meaning of "soon":

http://i.imgur.com/TCXWGfA.png

ianfc

Post by ianfc »

B E A U T Y by Rino Stefano Tagliafierro. Moving the images on oldish paintings. May interest the shoopers.
http://vimeo.com/83910533

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

JacquesCuze wrote:http://i.imgur.com/6jWRmmI.jpg

http://jezebel.com/madonna-what-are-you ... 1510137010

How social justice warriors now refer to the Grammys:

the annual Straight White People Give Each Other Awards for Doing Black Music About Gay Rights Better Than You Convention,

Yes, predominantly, the songs are about gay rights
It's black music about gay rights
It's white people doing black music about gay rights
It's white people giving each other awards for doing black music about gay rights.
It's white people giving each other awards for doing black music about gay rights better than I'm still not sure who "you" is, because Jezebel's readers are I am certain predominantly white.
What do they mean by black music, exactly? Because if it's not African music played on African instruments, it's been (at least partially) culturally appropriated, usually from Arabs or Caucasians. Just like much of the white, European music we listen too has elements of cultural appropriation with in it.

When I took Music 351 (Music of the World) in college one of the main teaching points was the simultaneous development of musical styles and instruments. For example, take 'call and response.' Very big in African music. But also in old-style French folk music in Brittany. You also see it in many old English and Scottish sea chanties from the 1500s. We also learned how we borrowed/adopted many things (in the West) from the Arabs and other cultures. And how they borrowed from us.

So, honestly, it's no big deal because there is no 'purity' in the music world and nobody takes that kind of crap seriously. Unless, of course, you're an asshole who wants to manufacture a controversy so you can play the 'holier-than-thou' card...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote:Whoops, sorry. Had to go find it again.

Chigau hilariously reveals what the baboons really think about PZ Meyers's deletion of posts which disagree with their religion:

http://i.imgur.com/ttt1ro0.png

Caine issues a stage whisper of "Ixnay with the evidenceay". Chigau: "Doh!"

http://i.imgur.com/9jeUfRv.png

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

The weeknight radio programs that I usually listen to have been pre-empted by a debate amongst the Republican candidates - including David Dewhurst - for Lieutenant Governor.
OH HELLZ NO!11!!!!11!

Radio turned OFF NAO.

ROBOKiTTY

Post by ROBOKiTTY »

Sometimes I don't know whether it's worse to have neoconservatives or SJWs in power. I suspect the latter would turn into neoconservatives upon seizing power, though.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

the annual Straight White People Give Each Other Awards for Doing Black Music About Gay Rights Better Than You Convention,

It's white people giving each other awards for doing black music about gay rights.
It's white people giving each other awards for doing black music about gay rights better than I'm still not sure who "you" is, because Jezebel's readers are I am certain predominantly white.
Cripes, it's Lindy West holding court again. About nothing. Again.

This is some ham-handed hucksterism:
When we talk about "old" Madonna, we're almost always talking about the wrong thing: It's not that she's forgotten how to be young, it's that she's forgotten how to be new. But obsolescence is not terminal. It simply requires a willingness to listen, weather discomfort, be embarrassed, make some room, and own your mistakes. That's what "call-out culture"—for all of its flaws—is all about.
Hey, you don't know you have a problem? Then you have a problem. And I have the solution, for the low-low price of your fealty.

This is after she said she admired young Madonna for her zero-fucks-given attitude. If she'd taken Lindy's advice 30 years ago, she'd be a buffaloed nobody, a Madonna Who?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tribble wrote:When I took Music 351 (Music of the World) in college one of the main teaching points was the simultaneous development of musical styles and instruments.
Man, you should have stuck around for Music 352. The entire semester was devoted, quite justifiably, to Robin Trower.

James Caruthers

Post by James Caruthers »

John Greg wrote:I must admit that even despite the sensible comments by such as Gumbers and Steen, I am baffled by the Caine Mutiny / Inaji Resurection.

I mean, no one, not a single person over there has even raised or batted a single furry eyebrow. Do they not even notice the nonsense of it all? Are they really so congenitally disordered that they actually do not inhabit the same temporal plain as the rest of humanity?

And she shows not a whit of ... anything. She, as much as they, is acting as though nothing even happened!

/I'z baffled ... jes baffled
They continue to act like a parody of themselves. If not for Caine exhibiting every indication of being completely sincere, I'd be tempted to call xir a troll.

I mean, what kind of person threatens to leave a forum, anyway? Just leave if you're not enjoying yourself! It's what makes the internet great. All this internet forum shit is completely voluntary by definition.
Ape+lust wrote:
Gumby wrote:The name change was obviously not meant to fool anybody into thinking she was someone else, like my shoop implies. Actually, what the fuck it's all about I don't know, and don't really give a rat's ass about it. All I know is that Cainaji is still there for our entertainment :popcorn:
She explained on her blerg. Her decades-old nym is soiled, sullied, too encrusted with shit to use anymore, thanks to her enemies. So, her name is new and she won't be coming back. Certainly not before 6 months. Wait, no, she has a big sad, so coming back is impossible. Okay, not impossible, but not anytime soon.
:lol:

So she approbated a Japanese name (she's not Japanese!) for a new 'nym, so she could pretend she stuck the flounce? She made it pretty clear she wanted to leave, and the other posters said "so fuck off then" (but in a nicer way.)

BTW Caine has a tentacle pillow, if she's the same Caine that I was able to google search. :lol: All three of her blogs had a link to the "don't be that guy" campaign, where law-abiding men are told not to be rapists. It'd be like if an MRA actually did wear a fedora, was a virgin, had a neckbeard, hated all women, had a tiny penis, collected unemployment checks for a living and had been convicted of domestic violence and rape in the past. :lol: Caine is a walking parody of herself.

Not to mention a blog she runs with page after page of fucking rat pictures. It looks like the rats pretty much run the place and fuck all her shit up constantly, which would be awesome if true. Her blog claims she has 25 rats? Had or has, I can't tell which. Anyway, it looks like she has at least 6-10 of the little fuckers running around, tracking their shit and piss all over every surface. I suppose one can only hope for a very localized return of plague. :dance: (Inb4 "slymepitter makes totes serious death threat.")

http://ratifiedtwentyfive.wordpress.com/
I couldn't find any dox here, so I'm posting it. If there is anything that could identify Caine, Fleur du Merde, please don't post it. I don't think the color of her children rats is going to help anyone dox her.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:Cripes, it's Lindy West holding court again. About nothing. Again.
Ahh, Lindy West: the Roland Freisler of feminism.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Rats.

Never quite understood the rat lady thing.

I'm sure they're loving wonderful pets that are very intelligent but they're still rats.

I mean at the end of the day you have a house full of rats.

I'm not sure who was on marketing duty at pet HQ that day but that motherfucker nailed it.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I had pet rats when I was a teen. They would sit on my shoulder like a parrot. They were awesome. Then I had pet birds, and they would sit on my shoulder - like birds. I finally got a cat. She tries to sit on my shoulder when I am at the pc. I am happy with my 1 kitty.

True story.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

James Carruthers wrote:
So she approbated a Japanese name (she's not Japanese!) for a new 'nym, so she could pretend she stuck the flounce? She made it pretty clear she wanted to leave, and the other posters said "so fuck off then" (but in a nicer way.)
Actually Inaji (or Inajin with a weird n from the source I saw) is Lakota for "to arise". So she's still just ripping off First Nations.
Interestingly, if she is Oglalla Lakota and living in North Dakota she is an outsider "Sioux" living on stolen Cree land.

John D

Post by John D »

another lurker wrote:I had pet rats when I was a teen. They would sit on my shoulder like a parrot. They were awesome. Then I had pet birds, and they would sit on my shoulder - like birds. I finally got a cat. She tries to sit on my shoulder when I am at the pc. I am happy with my 1 kitty.

True story.
I think I would like to have a cat... but I am terribly allergic. They make my sinuses swell up and I sneeze for days. Damn cats.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Tribble wrote:What do they mean by black music, exactly? Because if it's not African music played on African instruments, it's been (at least partially) culturally appropriated, usually from Arabs or Caucasians. Just like much of the white, European music we listen too has elements of cultural appropriation with in it.

When I took Music 351 (Music of the World) in college one of the main teaching points was the simultaneous development of musical styles and instruments. For example, take 'call and response.' Very big in African music. But also in old-style French folk music in Brittany. You also see it in many old English and Scottish sea chanties from the 1500s. We also learned how we borrowed/adopted many things (in the West) from the Arabs and other cultures. And how they borrowed from us.

So, honestly, it's no big deal because there is no 'purity' in the music world and nobody takes that kind of crap seriously. Unless, of course, you're an asshole who wants to manufacture a controversy so you can play the 'holier-than-thou' card...
As someone who devotes much of their life to music, politics has little to no place in music for me. Identity politics is especially cancerous. "Black music" used to be a term by racists who didn't want their children listening to the morally corrupting music of the 1900's-1920's. Jazz music that would encourage men and women to dance together in inappropriate ways.

Again here comes SJ warriors trying to maintain that rigid fence around some genre. Much like black and white have shallow and simplistic definitions when referring to ethnicity, you always miss the rich (and quite often harmonious) intermingling of culture.

American black music would be the history of slave music/chants, blues and jazz. They combined a strong sense of rhythm, particularly polyrhythm, while utilising western functional harmony. Particularly jazz musicians utilised advanced harmony, easily keeping pace with the harmonic complexity of contemporary classical. Again there has been much crossover between those two streams.

There has always been people who don't think cultural influences should mix. And its the job of people like me to ignore them.

The musicians I can respect the most are the ones that follow their own journey of musical discovery, unhindered by such petty, shallow and bigoted political ideas such as keeping music culturally pure.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Jan Steen wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: :lol:

It's extremely hard to escape the cult. Outside is a cold world without pouncehugs, without pseudonymous friends who claim to love you, without the presence of Peezus, and, worst of all, without a steady supply of outsiders who can be abused with impunity. Caine tried to step outside, but failed. Like a junkie desperate for a shot she came pussyfooting back as soon as the symptoms of withdrawal set in and with trembling fingers she hit the 'submit' button three times in a row. She felt no shame, just an immense relief. She was reborn. Caine was dead, Inaji lived.
Well to be fair, I flounced from here and came back a month later. I do understand what it's like to get fucking frustrated with people sometimes. But in Cainaji's case, it's apparent the flounce was insincere from the get-go. More than one person here called it. At least I stuck it for a month :D But I missed Lsuoma's cold, dead embrace.

The name change was obviously not meant to fool anybody into thinking she was someone else, like my shoop implies. Actually, what the fuck it's all about I don't know, and don't really give a rat's ass about it. All I know is that Cainaji is still there for our entertainment :popcorn:
Caine reminded me of Stalin, who once offered his resignation. He did that only to force his opponents to affirm how much he was needed. From then on his power was absolute.

So if history teaches us anything, we can expect Caine/Inaji to become even more dominant and obnoxious than before. You have been warned.

(Cue Pharyngulanhas who claim that the Slymepit compares Caine with Stalin.)
Caine revels in drama. I started reading Pharyngula in 2008, and I can't remember a single episode of histrionics there that Caine wasn't prepared to wallow in. If it doesn't necessarily concern her, she'll insert herself into it anyway. This crap about her flouncing is just more wallowing.

She's even pulled this before. She wasn't as dramatic or explicit, but I recall at least one instance where she posted a bunch of crap in the lounge where she was tired and emotionally exhasted and needed to leave blah blah blah... and then she did. For a couple weeks, maybe.

So anyway, I agree. She'll be back as soon as the paid mourners are done with their obligatory wailings. She'll need some reason to be taking herself too seriously, and I'm guessing life won't give her anything more convincing than the comment section of PZ's blog.

Alternate theory: Caine will leave Pharyngula, only to migrate over to the A+ forum and post there regularly as "Inaji". I've seen other pharyngula types do this in the past (Cipher comes to mind).

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

James Caruthers wrote: They continue to act like a parody of themselves. If not for Caine exhibiting every indication of being completely sincere, I'd be tempted to call xir a troll.

I mean, what kind of person threatens to leave a forum, anyway? Just leave if you're not enjoying yourself! It's what makes the internet great. All this internet forum shit is completely voluntary by definition.

BTW Caine has a tentacle pillow, if she's the same Caine that I was able to google search. :lol: All three of her blogs had a link to the "don't be that guy" campaign, where law-abiding men are told not to be rapists. It'd be like if an MRA actually did wear a fedora, was a virgin, had a neckbeard, hated all women, had a tiny penis, collected unemployment checks for a living and had been convicted of domestic violence and rape in the past. :lol: Caine is a walking parody of herself.

Not to mention a blog she runs with page after page of fucking rat pictures. It looks like the rats pretty much run the place and fuck all her shit up constantly, which would be awesome if true. Her blog claims she has 25 rats? Had or has, I can't tell which. Anyway, it looks like she has at least 6-10 of the little fuckers running around, tracking their shit and piss all over every surface. I suppose one can only hope for a very localized return of plague. :dance: (Inb4 "slymepitter makes totes serious death threat.")

http://ratifiedtwentyfive.wordpress.com/
I couldn't find any dox here, so I'm posting it. If there is anything that could identify Caine, Fleur du Merde, please don't post it. I don't think the color of her children rats is going to help anyone dox her.
It's been about 5 years since I was last in London, but I'm betting that the tube stations at Embankment and Charing Cross are cleaner and have fewer rats than Caine's house. Mind the crap!

ConcentratedH2O, OM

free thoughtpolice wrote:James Carruthers wrote:
Actually Inaji (or Inajin with a weird n from the source I saw) is Lakota for "to arise". So she's still just ripping off First Nations.
Interestingly, if she is Oglalla Lakota and living in North Dakota she is an outsider "Sioux" living on stolen Cree land.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone got the inclination to put this to her directly? :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant.*

*Disclaimer: "If true". I don't trust you Slymepitters further than I can throw a soggy mattress up a spiral staircase**.

**Stolen from Parsehole, I think. Or maybe Bhoytony. If not them, then probably that Griffin guy who does the videos that noone cares about.

Cocheese

Post by Cocheese »

Pitchguest wrote:I know it's a stupid thing to get excited about, but has anyone else got an urge to get back to WoW (if ever you played it) because of the upcoming updated character models in the Warlords of Draenor expansion?
As a rehabilitated WoW player, I have no interest in ever going back to WoW. I am keeping a close eye on Wildstar though. I'm doomed.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Cocheese wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:I know it's a stupid thing to get excited about, but has anyone else got an urge to get back to WoW (if ever you played it) because of the upcoming updated character models in the Warlords of Draenor expansion?
As a rehabilitated WoW player, I have no interest in ever going back to WoW. I am keeping a close eye on Wildstar though. I'm doomed.
Good for you! Only misogynists like Pitchguest play WoW! I am still playing LOTRO but it's kind of dull:( And I need to finish Morrowind the Elder Scrolls. I think that I have over 1tb of oooold games that I have not even toucheed + all of the Humble Bundles...

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

DownThunder wrote:
Tribble wrote:What do they mean by black music, exactly? Because if it's not African music played on African instruments, it's been (at least partially) culturally appropriated, usually from Arabs or Caucasians. Just like much of the white, European music we listen too has elements of cultural appropriation with in it.

As someone who devotes much of their life to music, politics has little to no place in music for me. Identity politics is especially cancerous. "Black music" used to be a term by racists who didn't want their children listening to the morally corrupting music of the 1900's-1920's. Jazz music that would encourage men and women to dance together in inappropriate ways.

Again here comes SJ warriors trying to maintain that rigid fence around some genre. Much like black and white have shallow and simplistic definitions when referring to ethnicity, you always miss the rich (and quite often harmonious) intermingling of culture.

American black music would be the history of slave music/chants, blues and jazz. They combined a strong sense of rhythm, particularly polyrhythm, while utilising western functional harmony. Particularly jazz musicians utilised advanced harmony, easily keeping pace with the harmonic complexity of contemporary classical. Again there has been much crossover between those two streams.

There has always been people who don't think cultural influences should mix. And its the job of people like me to ignore them.

The musicians I can respect the most are the ones that follow their own journey of musical discovery, unhindered by such petty, shallow and bigoted political ideas such as keeping music culturally pure.
What good can possibly come of mixing musical styles?

[youtube]vDWeGp4UE6M[/youtube]

[youtube]Yn9fTO7zp5Q[/youtube]

[youtube]1NFqXMFDtYc[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Cultural appropriation!

[youtube]WqA-HAFDLNY[/youtube]

:snooty:

Cocheese

Post by Cocheese »

another lurker wrote:Good for you! Only misogynists like Pitchguest play WoW! I am still playing LOTRO but it's kind of dull:( And I need to finish Morrowind the Elder Scrolls. I think that I have over 1tb of oooold games that I have not even toucheed + all of the Humble Bundles...
I played Lotro off and on for a while, but it just felt really slow and clunky to me. I never got into it.

Currently I'm playing The Secret World, but I'm just killing time waiting for something new.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Bummer:

Peter "Pete" Seeger (May 3, 1919 – January 27, 2014)

Post by guest »

Ape+lust wrote:Remember noticing that the munged links and video in Rebecca's last PopSci article were identical to the ones in Sharon Hill's earlier story?

http://imgur.com/X3JE7Q3.png
She's really not happy about it & has said more on FB about whar to do about not getting credit by the big names in sceptisism. The answer is nothing.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

guest wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Remember noticing that the munged links and video in Rebecca's last PopSci article were identical to the ones in Sharon Hill's earlier story?

http://imgur.com/X3JE7Q3.png
She's really not happy about it & has said more on FB about whar to do about not getting credit by the big names in sceptisism. The answer is nothing.
maybe she needs to contact pop sci directly.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

What "big names in scepticism"? Watson? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Yeah, the best wya to deal with someone potentially ripping you off is contact their editor.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

another lurker wrote:I had pet rats when I was a teen. They would sit on my shoulder like a parrot. They were awesome. Then I had pet birds, and they would sit on my shoulder - like birds. I finally got a cat. She tries to sit on my shoulder when I am at the pc. I am happy with my 1 kitty.

True story.
I had a pair of rats when I was a teen. They would love sitting on my head as I walked down the road. I had no need for a cage, they just wandered around when I was at home. They were great. So Caine's like of rats make sense to me. Even if it didn't we all like different things so good luck to her. There's too much conformity in this world as it is and anything a bit different I tend to approve of anyway.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Uh-oh. I'd better make something clear. The munging on Rebecca's site wasn't on Sharon's site. The links and video were the same. IOW, it looks a lot like Rebecca had done one-stop shopping for sources. There were plenty of others available at the time.

Strawkins had already pointed out to me earlier the way I worded it could be taken that she'd copied borked links, and I just stupidly did it again. My apologies.

Anyway, Rebecca's "new to me" response is almost certainly bullshit. She knows who Sharon Hill is and what she does. Her buds Amy and Melody have tangled with her more than once, and the Queen herself complained about Hill retweeting Mayhew to her "credulous followers."

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

As you might expect there's some high-level spasticism in the comments:
Yeah non-white people who dislike her racism and cultural appropriation are 'haters' You white ladies are so smart.
Cultural appropriation? The woman was wearing a steson and carrying a pimp cane. That's some obscure fucking culture right there.
she had some fucking nerve trotting out that black child she stole, on the red carpet
Stole? Madonna stole a child!? Quick! Alert the authorities! Madonna stole a child!
black girls everywhere have been telling you for decades why madonna is the most basic of the bitches, but its cute that you're just getting it. I'm sleep tho.
Yes. Madonna is the most basic of bitches. But it's fine to call this woman a bitch, (in fact not a single person, on FUCKING JEZEBEL, calls this comment out and it has 60 likes) because she's white and is significantly richer than everyone else and that's unfogivable. What a fucking bitch. And a cunt.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

JackSkeptic wrote:

True story.
I had a pair of rats when I was a teen. They would love sitting on my head as I walked down the road. I had no need for a cage, they just wandered around when I was at home. They were great. So Caine's like of rats make sense to me. Even if it didn't we all like different things so good luck to her. There's too much conformity in this world as it is and anything a bit different I tend to approve of anyway.
Caine and Oggie could do a tag team babysitting service: playtime followed by milk.

http://i.imgur.com/S3JJqc4.jpg

Never too much of a good thing.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Cultural appropriation!

[youtube]WqA-HAFDLNY[/youtube]

:snooty:
Shes great, check her out with Chick Corea too.

Your comment reminds me of something funny however. In China and Japan there is concern amongst traditionalists who dislike the proliferation of the western 12 tone equal tempered tuning system. They see it as drowning out the traditional harmonic-based just tuning systems (the common basis for all tuning systems).

In your example, I guess in SJW lingo, an asian woman culturally appropriating western music would be reverse cultural appropriation. But there are others who see that as the west forcing the culture on the eastern ones!...even when it the locals that adopt the musical influences.

Western musicians largely replaced the traditional just systems with equal temperament. It seems as though the benefits just outweigh the disadvantages, so I think it is an inevitable process.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tony Parsehole wrote:As you might expect there's some high-level spasticism in the comments:
Yeah non-white people who dislike her racism and cultural appropriation are 'haters' You white ladies are so smart.
Cultural appropriation? The woman was wearing a steson and carrying a pimp cane. That's some obscure fucking culture right there.
Didn't you know? Only black people can carry pimp canes and wear gold inlays. It's the law.
she had some fucking nerve trotting out that black child she stole, on the red carpet
Stole? Madonna stole a child!? Quick! Alert the authorities! Madonna stole a child!
black girls everywhere have been telling you for decades why madonna is the most basic of the bitches, but its cute that you're just getting it. I'm sleep tho.
Yes. Madonna is the most basic of bitches. But it's fine to call this woman a bitch, (in fact not a single person, on FUCKING JEZEBEL, calls this comment out and it has 60 likes) because she's white and is significantly richer than everyone else and that's unfogivable. What a fucking bitch. And a cunt.
It's obvious that the poster is a 'black girl' (hence the ebonics), which is probably why she gets a pass on it. They wouldn't want to be called racist, now would they?

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

JacquesCuze wrote:Two blog posts one woman:

http://micheleincalifornia.blogspot.com ... uired.html
This is unreal. How can this level of idiocy even be possible? Doesn't this woman have family or friends looking out for her? Jesus Fuck.
Monday, January 27, 2014

I went on maybe half a dozen dates in my teens. I hated the entire experience and wrote about it in some journal for school when I was sixteen. I basically think "dating" -- ie men spending money on women in hopes of getting laid -- is a form of socially sanctioned prostitution.
Yeah, because no women ever enjoy dating and only ever do it because teh patriarchy forces them to. Cunt.
I live without a car and most days I get to work by leaving on foot and getting offered a ride at some point. Sometimes, it's a coworker. Other times, it's a total stranger. On two occasions, some man I did not know (two different men) picked me up
Oh for crying out loud, you stupid fucking prick!

And look at the passive way this is written - they "picked me up" - i.e. I had no control over this so if I was raped I have no responsibility.

How are these people even alive?
On two occasions, some man I did not know (two different men) picked me up and grilled me about my age, marital status and so on, clearly wanting to know if I needed a boyfriend. It was incredibly creepy. One morning, while going in way early to work overtime, so walking in the dark on a mostly deserted road, some guy from out of town picked me up.
No, you were fucking moronic enough to decide to get in the car. What were you thinking? Do you even think?
No harm came to me.
Well, that clearly justifies and vindicates your behaviour then.

Moron.

And as for her general point - that being offered money for prostitution is less insulting than people making conversation - well...it speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Brive1987 wrote:
JackSkeptic wrote:

True story.
Caine and Oggie could do a tag team babysitting service: playtime followed by milk.

http://i.imgur.com/S3JJqc4.jpg

Never too much of a good thing.
I bet Oggie would be up that like a rat up a...

...never mind.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

mordacious1 wrote:Bummer:

Well that's a depressing start to the day. :cry:

A real social activist, even into his 10th decade. I grew up with his music - we had all those great 1960s Pete Seeger albums for children, like Story and Play Time, and American Folk Songs for Children.

totallyaftbguest

Post by totallyaftbguest »

Jan Steen wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: :lol:

It's extremely hard to escape the cult. Outside is a cold world without pouncehugs, without pseudonymous friends who claim to love you, without the presence of Peezus, and, worst of all, without a steady supply of outsiders who can be abused with impunity. Caine tried to step outside, but failed. Like a junkie desperate for a shot she came pussyfooting back as soon as the symptoms of withdrawal set in and with trembling fingers she hit the 'submit' button three times in a row. She felt no shame, just an immense relief. She was reborn. Caine was dead, Inaji lived.
Well to be fair, I flounced from here and came back a month later. I do understand what it's like to get fucking frustrated with people sometimes. But in Cainaji's case, it's apparent the flounce was insincere from the get-go. More than one person here called it. At least I stuck it for a month :D But I missed Lsuoma's cold, dead embrace.

The name change was obviously not meant to fool anybody into thinking she was someone else, like my shoop implies. Actually, what the fuck it's all about I don't know, and don't really give a rat's ass about it. All I know is that Cainaji is still there for our entertainment :popcorn:
Caine reminded me of Stalin, who once offered his resignation. He did that only to force his opponents to affirm how much he was needed. From then on his power was absolute.

So if history teaches us anything, we can expect Caine/Inaji to become even more dominant and obnoxious than before. You have been warned.

well you just did you nasty horrible shit, its right there in black and white!

dont you dare complain about us using nazi allegories or referring to brownshirts though, you insincere illogical shits dont understand anything about context

Rat Bastard

Post by Rat Bastard »

Tony Parsehole wrote:

As you might expect there's some high-level spasticism in the comments:
That was a pimp cane? I thought the old hag had tried putting her legs behind her head one too many times onstage trying to appear young and relevant and blown out a knee. Watch the assumptions ableist :naughty:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

windy wrote:From Mardoll's comments:
In my experience, most cookbooks offer up at least a little bit of othering with their recipes (and I'm not saying that to normalize it, it is very distressing). And people who would not be ok with this kind of othering in many areas seem fine with it when it comes to food much of the time. Does anyone have any idea why? I'm thinking of a recent "country flags made of the food people eat there" thing that was going around, and how many of my otherwise very conscientious friends shared it on Facebook without thinking of how, well, ICKY so much of it was.
NOoooo! COUNTRY FLAGS MADE OF FOOD! THE HORROR!

What would a social justice-approved cookbook look like?
No wheat anywhere but in middle-east. No corn anywhere but the Americas. No potatoes anywhere but the Americas. No tomatoes anywhere but the Americas. No rice anywhere but parts of Asia. And so it would go, food after food after food...

Because otherwise it's cultural appropriation and we couldn't have that...

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Guest wrote:
Tigzy wrote:It's like ordering some Sea Monkeys
Brit food gets worse and worse.
MMMMM.....British food. So appealing to the eye, so healthy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo
Ummm, Cultural Appropriation. Please check you privilege.

From the Wiki:
The parmo is said to have been created by Nicos Harris, a chef with the American army in World War II. He was wounded in France, but was brought to the United Kingdom to be treated in a British hospital. Eventually, he moved to Middlesbrough and opened a restaurant on Linthorpe Road, where he created the parmo at The American Grill in 1958. His son-in-law, Caramello, still lives in Teesside and continues the family tradition.[1]

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:James Carruthers wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone got the inclination to put this to her directly? :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant.*

*Disclaimer: "If true". I don't trust you Slymepitters further than I can throw a soggy mattress up a spiral staircase**.

**Stolen from Parsehole, I think. Or maybe Bhoytony. If not them, then probably that Griffin guy who does the videos that noone cares about.
Back in the 1990s, when the SFGate was still running forums, someone was doing the whole 'white man stole our lands' and claimed to be from one of the tribes that lived in South Dakota. They were making the usual stink about how they should get their land back, etc.

So I pointed out that their tribe moved WEST from the wooded Great Lakes region to the Dakotas and, eventually, all the way to the Tetons (western Wyoming/Idaho) and during this time they displaced many other Indian nations. So, after the background, I asked if they were going to give all their stolen land back?

It was, somehow, different... It made no sense, but it was 'different' because of culture and tradition and same ethnic group and other stuff...

Then I pointed out the White Man did nothing that other ethnic groups hadn't done -- conquer those weaker and take their stuff. And if we're going to 'play that game' you have to balance both sides of the ledger. Otherwise just move on from it and understand that the European 'White Man' did nothing particularly unusual or, by the standards of conquering, brutal.

I got branded a racist for that one because, apparently, when the white man does it, it is 'special' in its wrongess, while for other ethnic groups its, apparently, somehow 'okay' and 'doesn't count.'

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Cocheese wrote:

Ah, the new NCSoft MMO in development. Well, unlike Blizzard's Titan, which cancelled for a 're-boot' last year (after six years of development), it looks like it might see the light of day...

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

totallyaftbguest wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Gumby wrote:

well you just did you nasty horrible shit, its right there in black and white!

dont you dare complain about us using nazi allegories or referring to brownshirts though, you insincere illogical shits dont understand anything about context
Well played! For a moment you made me believe that you were really one of those silly Pharyngulanhas who hate capital letters and apostrophes and in general can't read or write very well. Unless...unless you really do not know the difference between an analogy and a comparison. In that case you're just pathetic.

windy

Post by windy »

Here are some of the offensive food flags

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m84q9 ... o1_500.jpg

LOL @ USA :lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hah! Laurie Penny got beat up on Twitter by justice warriors. She wrote a stupid article that says short hair on women is a political statement that angers the Manosphere. Naturally, a sympathetic tweet about black women needing extra effort to achieve the long hair that keeps Patriarchy off their backs was "problematic" and the sharks showed up. She began with mewling about trying to listen and learn, but further tweets were repurposed for new outrage and soon she was freaking out over accusations of things she hadn't said. Then came a panic attack and her roommate jumped in to try to pull her off the net (and was immediately chided for "shaming" Penny by stopping her from doing what she wanted to do). Crazy.

There's a lot, you'll have to expand most of today's tweets to see it, but here's a sample of warriors giving her shit for what they're saying.

http://imgur.com/8Yp9Iqj.png

http://imgur.com/bIq2zpa.png

She got a big honking dose of Intent is Not Magic. The lesson? She'll try to do better. Dumbass.

Oh, and she was upset enough during the brouhaha to miss an appointment. For a haircut :lol:

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

BarnOwl wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:Bummer:

Well that's a depressing start to the day. :cry:

A real social activist, even into his 10th decade. I grew up with his music - we had all those great 1960s Pete Seeger albums for children, like Story and Play Time, and American Folk Songs for Children.
Wow. We had all those folk albums, plus Peter, Paul & Mary, Dylan, The Kingston Trio, and a bunch of others. One day I left the albums laid out on the floor and the afternoon sun warped a bunch of them. Kind of a tragedy... And a lesson it took me until my 20s when I had 48 cassette tapes wrecked when left the case on the front seat of the car...

So I'm grateful to people who made the MP3 player possible. :) There's no tape to stretch and break, there's no cassette to break or warp, there's no CD to scratch or warp, there's no vinyl to get fucked up or just plain wear out....

And back-ups are EASY.

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ape+lust wrote:Hah! Laurie Penny got beat up on Twitter by justice warriors. She wrote a stupid article that says short hair on women is a political statement that angers the Manosphere. Naturally, a sympathetic tweet about black women needing extra effort to achieve the long hair that keeps Patriarchy off their backs was "problematic" and the sharks showed up. She began with mewling about trying to listen and learn, but further tweets were repurposed for new outrage and soon she was freaking out over accusations of things she hadn't said. Then came a panic attack and her roommate jumped in to try to pull her off the net (and was immediately chided for "shaming" Penny by stopping her from doing what she wanted to do). Crazy.

There's a lot, you'll have to expand most of today's tweets to see it, but here's a sample of warriors giving her shit for what they're saying.

She got a big honking dose of Intent is Not Magic. The lesson? She'll try to do better. Dumbass.

Oh, and she was upset enough during the brouhaha to miss an appointment. For a haircut :lol:
Clearly she wasn't 'pure' enough. Because no true SJW would have ever made that mistake.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
JacquesCuze wrote:Two blog posts one woman:

http://micheleincalifornia.blogspot.com ... uired.html
This is unreal. How can this level of idiocy even be possible? Doesn't this woman have family or friends looking out for her? Jesus Fuck.
Monday, January 27, 2014

I went on maybe half a dozen dates in my teens. I hated the entire experience and wrote about it in some journal for school when I was sixteen. I basically think "dating" -- ie men spending money on women in hopes of getting laid -- is a form of socially sanctioned prostitution.
Yeah, because no women ever enjoy dating and only ever do it because teh patriarchy forces them to. Cunt.
I live without a car and most days I get to work by leaving on foot and getting offered a ride at some point. Sometimes, it's a coworker. Other times, it's a total stranger. On two occasions, some man I did not know (two different men) picked me up
Oh for crying out loud, you stupid fucking prick!

And look at the passive way this is written - they "picked me up" - i.e. I had no control over this so if I was raped I have no responsibility.

How are these people even alive?
On two occasions, some man I did not know (two different men) picked me up and grilled me about my age, marital status and so on, clearly wanting to know if I needed a boyfriend. It was incredibly creepy. One morning, while going in way early to work overtime, so walking in the dark on a mostly deserted road, some guy from out of town picked me up.
No, you were fucking moronic enough to decide to get in the car. What were you thinking? Do you even think?
No harm came to me.
Well, that clearly justifies and vindicates your behaviour then.

Moron.

And as for her general point - that being offered money for prostitution is less insulting than people making conversation - well...it speaks for itself, doesn't it?
I'm more concerned with the safety of the men giving her lifts. This chick sounds like a Wuornos waiting to happen.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tribble wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:Hah! Laurie Penny got beat up on Twitter by justice warriors. She wrote a stupid article that says short hair on women is a political statement that angers the Manosphere. Naturally, a sympathetic tweet about black women needing extra effort to achieve the long hair that keeps Patriarchy off their backs was "problematic" and the sharks showed up. She began with mewling about trying to listen and learn, but further tweets were repurposed for new outrage and soon she was freaking out over accusations of things she hadn't said. Then came a panic attack and her roommate jumped in to try to pull her off the net (and was immediately chided for "shaming" Penny by stopping her from doing what she wanted to do). Crazy.

Clearly she wasn't 'pure' enough. Because no true SJW would have ever made that mistake.
Clearly. And you know what? She might be crushed by that realization, because she's actually that crazy.

zenbabe

Post by zenbabe »

:D

[youtube]oj9dA6E3fJw[/youtube]

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

In October 2012 it was announced that she was leaving The Independent to rejoin the New Statesman (in November) as a columnist and contributing editor.[22] In the same month, The Daily Telegraph ranked Penny as the 55th most influential left winger in Britain, reporting that she is "without doubt the loudest and most controversial female voice on the radical left."
55th!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tribble wrote:

Clearly. And you know what? She might be crushed by that realization, because she's actually that crazy.
I love the contrast of her writing about women having short hair is fighting back against the patriarchy, and then she posts this photo of herself in the same article:

http://i.imgur.com/6gqfM0J.png

Striking a pose, wearing makeup and lipstick. Kinda reminds me of this other woman who wore her hair short:

http://i.imgur.com/LtwV08a.jpg

Or this:

http://i.imgur.com/bCEYCuM.jpg

Go team!

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

windy wrote:Here are some of the offensive food flags

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m84q9 ... o1_500.jpg

LOL @ USA :lol:
I'll have that Indian one right now please.

Also, is it so hard to understand: If you want some ideas about what to make for dinner at the weekend, you open a cook book. If you want to engage in an in-depth analysis of cultures other than your own, you need history and anthropology texts - and probably a more arduous course of study than about an hour's browsing?

My copy of this book:
http://i.imgur.com/eNkOpmD.jpg

Does not contain a single recipe - not even the one for Chicken Marengo - and I'm fine with that.

The SJWs are probably standing about in the garden for hours with this one:
http://i.imgur.com/IbF38e5.jpg

Immensely pissed-off that they can't get a lift from a Vogon Constructor Fleet!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[quote="real horrorshow"
I'll have that Indian one right now please.

Also, is it so hard to understand: If you want some ideas about what to make for dinner at the weekend, you open a cook book. If you want to engage in an in-depth analysis of cultures other than your own, you need history and anthropology texts - and probably a more arduous course of study than about an hour's browsing?

My copy of this book:
http://i.imgur.com/eNkOpmD.jpg

Does not contain a single recipe - not even the one for Chicken Marengo - and I'm fine with that.

The SJWs are probably standing about in the garden for hours with this one:
http://i.imgur.com/IbF38e5.jpg

Immensely pissed-off that they can't get a lift from a Vogon Constructor Fleet![/quote]
Meh, the Vogon's are pissed at the SJWs because of Yeminifisting's cultural appropriation of their poetry.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

zenbabe wrote::D

[youtube]oj9dA6E3fJw[/youtube]
Yes! Starkey is an eccentric old dickwad, but I've relished that every time I see it. Thanks! :D

I didn't want to admit I was afraid of this old coot, so I asked for one billion pounds. No wait, it was flying expenses, those are hella costly. So here I am to tell you the truth about Starkey and I've been paid... it wasn't much... wait, why am I here again?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lsuoma wrote:Meh, the Vogon's are pissed at the SJWs because of Yeminifisting's cultural appropriation of their poetry.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kill all the Babelfish. Now!

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Pitchguest wrote:
I love the contrast of her writing about women having short hair is fighting back against the patriarchy, and then she posts this photo of herself in the same article:

http://i.imgur.com/6gqfM0J.png

I endorse this Fighting the Patriarchy, One Short Hair-Cut at a time:

http://thevelvetcurtain.net/wp-content/ ... nda-3.jpeg

Cabaret singers can fight the patriarchy...

http://blog.adameve.com/wp-content/uplo ... ostume.jpg

School girls can fight the patriarchy...

http://www.patrickrothfuss.com/blog/upl ... 779049.jpg

And even librarians...

It's a win-win-win situation...