Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Old subthreads
welch

Re: Shall Mr Vacula Make a Misstep in the Capital of Eire?

Post by welch »

Ä uest wrote:elevatorGate is accused of

* stalking by reading
* stalking by storifying
* harassment via notifications

It should be trivially seen that

* stalking by reading and/or storifying is neither stalking nor harassment

Right now Storify shoots off emails for:
http://i.imgur.com/cQR72g6.jpg

Storify should

* allow users to turn off notifications for the activities of specific other users.
So it looks like if you aren't part of storify, you'd never know if someone was using it on you?

Early Cuyler

Post by Early Cuyler »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Early Cuyler wrote:
BTW, Stolichnaya is already pro-LGBT.
Call me a skeptic, but I'm not inclined to take their word for that and prefer to see some proof.

Stolichnaya blue label is 100, how much more proof do you need? :rimshot:

Seriously though, how about doing your own fucking homework before you call a company a bunch of liars. :hand:

welch

Post by welch »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:http://i.imgur.com/4y7m1y8.jpg
I never owned an IBM PC.

Had an atari 800 for a while once.

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

Badger3k wrote:Was the one of the people who started the whole "misogyny in SF" thing a short time back? If so, I have to wonder about his evidence for that also. I never looked into it either so I had no opinion either way at the time - I just saw it being used as ammunition by the SJWs to target all of mankind.
Yeah, I think he was President of SFWA when that went down.

My take was that there was a huge generational divide. Scalzi et. al., were castigating these 70 year old SF writers for their sexism. These 70 year old guys were in their hey day in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. A time of lots of sex in SF (Bradbury's Stranger in a Strangeland, and lots and lots of sex) written by writers that paved the way for sex positive, LGBT friendly science fiction.

And lots of scantily clad women on covers.

So these 70 year old are reminiscing about their old publishers and the environment back then, and they run smack into a bunch of "modern" SJW SF writers that have teleported in from Victorian London, and they are shocked and offended by the talk that is going on.

So Scalzi, as President, instead of trying to reach understanding, whips out his own dick of social justice and joins in the pile-on.

Scalzi came off as a whiny-ass titty baby.

IMNSHO

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:[bimg]http://i.imgur.com/4y7m1y8.jpg[/bimg]
I never owned an IBM PC.

Had an atari 800 for a while once.
Methinks thou dost protest too much!

welch

Post by welch »

katamari Damassi wrote:I haven't read any of Scalzi's novels so I'm not a fan, but I can understand why he's at least SJW friendly. A lot of geeks are SJW's and we know how fickle the SJW demographic can be, but geeks who oppose the nonsense of the SJW's are still going to read his stuff even if they disagree with his nonfiction, ideological writing, because nonSJW geeks will read pretty much any SF and fantasy.

Here, Scalzi the SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR;

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2013/07/17/b ... rs-and-me/

evidently, when it might impact him, then you know, whatever you want to do, that's jes' peachy.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ä uest wrote:
Badger3k wrote:Was the one of the people who started the whole "misogyny in SF" thing a short time back? If so, I have to wonder about his evidence for that also. I never looked into it either so I had no opinion either way at the time - I just saw it being used as ammunition by the SJWs to target all of mankind.
Yeah, I think he was President of SFWA when that went down.

My take was that there was a huge generational divide. Scalzi et. al., were castigating these 70 year old SF writers for their sexism. These 70 year old guys were in their hey day in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. A time of lots of sex in SF (Bradbury's Stranger in a Strangeland, and lots and lots of sex) written by writers that paved the way for sex positive, LGBT friendly science fiction.

And lots of scantily clad women on covers.

So these 70 year old are reminiscing about their old publishers and the environment back then, and they run smack into a bunch of "modern" SJW SF writers that have teleported in from Victorian London, and they are shocked and offended by the talk that is going on.

So Scalzi, as President, instead of trying to reach understanding, whips out his own dick of social justice and joins in the pile-on.

Scalzi came off as a whiny-ass titty baby.

IMNSHO
Scalzi comes off like another blue-hair-pantie sniffer...

Ä uest

Post by Ä uest »

welch wrote:
Ä uest wrote:elevatorGate is accused of

* stalking by reading
* stalking by storifying
* harassment via notifications

It should be trivially seen that

* stalking by reading and/or storifying is neither stalking nor harassment

Right now Storify shoots off emails for:
http://i.imgur.com/cQR72g6.jpg

Storify should

* allow users to turn off notifications for the activities of specific other users.
So it looks like if you aren't part of storify, you'd never know if someone was using it on you?
That would seem to be the case, otherwise, how do they get the email addrs of the folks they are notifying?