Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
AbsurdWalls

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Za-zen wrote:Sipping scotch (grouse if anyone cares, not my favourite, but it is a fine scotch, for a house whiskey. If anyone really cares, irish whiskey is nigh always superior to scotch, irish by tradition is tripple distilled which lends a cleaner, more sharp touch to the back of your throat. In contradiction to this walker double black label limited edition is superb, and there are very very few i could pyt against it, be they irish or not. I am still in search of the perfect whiskey, but do not grasp at it, having realised, that the perfect cherry blossom, is that which you gaze upon).

To side wind further, i have decided in my whiskey enduced state if wonder, that i am taking my wife on a city break within the coming month. Amsterdam it shall be.
Caol Ila is wonderful but maybe a bit too smoky for you if you like "clean" tasting whiskies. If you wanted to try something with just a hint of that then Benromach strikes a nice balance. Sticking with "smooth" though (in the vein of Johnnie Walker), Balvenie is worth its name.

There's an amazing variety available in whisky. I'd recommend doing some tastings etc. if it's something you're interested in as trial-and-error methods to find a new favourite can be very expensive.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Zenspace wrote:
Za-zen wrote:Sipping scotch (grouse if anyone cares, not my favourite, but it is a fine scotch, for a house whiskey. If anyone really cares, irish whiskey is nigh always superior to scotch, irish by tradition is tripple distilled which lends a cleaner, more sharp touch to the back of your throat. In contradiction to this walker double black label limited edition is superb, and there are very very few i could pyt against it, be they irish or not. I am still in search of the perfect whiskey, but do not grasp at it, having realised, that the perfect cherry blossom, is that which you gaze upon).

To side wind further, i have decided in my whiskey enduced state if wonder, that i am taking my wife on a city break within the coming month. Amsterdam it shall be.
Well, there is this, sitting on my work table in my studio:
blue-label-5152.jpg
Best I've had to date, and I was a highland single malt fan until I tried it. Never had the grouse variety. Tonite I happen to be enjoying a very fine saki brought over from Japan by a friend. I have no idea of the particulars as I cant read a single thing on the label! It is mighty fine, though.
You stole my zen, and now you present that picture before me, i know you sir, you sir are the shadow in my dreams.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

AbsurdWalls wrote:

Caol Ila is wonderful but maybe a bit too smoky for you if you like "clean" tasting whiskies. If you wanted to try something with just a hint of that then Benromach strikes a nice balance. Sticking with "smooth" though (in the vein of Johnnie Walker), Balvenie is worth its name.

There's an amazing variety available in whisky. I'd recommend doing some tastings etc. if it's something you're interested in as trial-and-error methods to find a new favourite can be very expensive.
Ah! What is the price of enlightenment!

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
Best I've had to date, and I was a highland single malt fan until I tried it. Never had the grouse variety. Tonite I happen to be enjoying a very fine saki brought over from Japan by a friend. I have no idea of the particulars as I cant read a single thing on the label! It is mighty fine, though.
I personally find the highland single malts a bit thin. I've never had JW Blue Label, I cannot imagine it being worth the price but I would love to try it to assure myself of that! It does smack a bit of price differentiation to me. I find single malts a bit more romantic so I get them over blends when I can afford to (hot tip on blends if you're into peaty whisky: Black Bottle).

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Za-zen wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
You stole my zen, and now you present that picture before me, i know you sir, you sir are the shadow in my dreams.
:lol: Well, for what it is worth, this shadow would be willing to share and compare notes if we found ourselves in a comfy highland pub sometime. :D

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
I personally find the highland single malts a bit thin. I've never had JW Blue Label, I cannot imagine it being worth the price but I would love to try it to assure myself of that! It does smack a bit of price differentiation to me. I find single malts a bit more romantic so I get them over blends when I can afford to (hot tip on blends if you're into peaty whisky: Black Bottle).
I live less than 15 miles from the Bushmills distillery, must i say more?

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
I'm a huge fan of the Cardhu single malt and Jamesons.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

The FTB/Skepchick/AtheismPlus Social Justice Warrior Narrative:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 18bdde.jpg

Yeah, I know, I got Gorns on the brain lately.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Michael K Gray wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:...the meals, venues, and entertainment could be made more sustainable. Yet there are apparently no efforts to do so.
Not quite correct.
Take the last GAC here in Melbourne.
Peter Singer insisted that the catering be far less environmentally costly than usual. (For instance).
A little thing, but "no efforts" is close, but not quite 100% accurate.
Good to know ... it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Australian conference organizers are more aware of environmental issues. You've certainly had more than your fair share of the consequences of climate change so far.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Maximus wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Alright, this seems to indicate that AnthonyK is not a sock of Brownian alias Anthony K:

http://i.imgur.com/LdpjMDf.jpg

It does show that he outed himself as 'Anthony K' on Pharyngula back in 2008, which still more undermines his accusation of Reap 'doxing' him merely by calling him Anthony K.

And I still think that the resemblance in tone and style between the two Anthonys is striking. Whatever happened to AnthonyK? Or was it all an eleborate Spiel ?

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008 ... ve-glitch/
I always wonder what the hell he's looking down at... :think:
Anthony is a deeply pensive myn. He is rightly ashamed of his privilege! LEAVE ANTHONY K ALONE!!!!!!

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Funny shit right here.
http://sjwar.blogspot.ca/

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Maximus wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Alright, this seems to indicate that AnthonyK is not a sock of Brownian alias Anthony K:

http://i.imgur.com/LdpjMDf.jpg

I always wonder what the hell he's looking down at... :think:
His pussy, of course...
download/file.php?id=406

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
The cunts want to keep talkin about sjw's instead if what's important in li. Whiskey you fucks whiskey!

And Andrew i always knew you were a Mussolini in disguise. Fuck off back to pzland you Mra penis waver

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

Fuck you Vacula, you daughter rapist. Good job Karla.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
I also find the single malts romantic as well and the heritage connection is too much for me to resist, being of Scottish descent. I favored them until trying the Blue Label - which was a revelation. I still have a couple of single malts in stock - the Balvanie Doublewood and a Lagavulin Islay 16 year old. Ireland is represented with Macallans and there are some stock standards for when company arrives: Glenlivet and Black Label. I also have an oddball mystery (to me!), a numbered, limited edition bottle of Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey - as yet unopened. I have no idea what that one will be like. I'll report back when I dive in! :D

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Zenspace wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
I also find the single malts romantic as well and the heritage connection is too much for me to resist, being of Scottish descent. I favored them until trying the Blue Label - which was a revelation. I still have a couple of single malts in stock - the Balvanie Doublewood and a Lagavulin Islay 16 year old. Ireland is represented with Macallans and there are some stock standards for when company arrives: Glenlivet and Black Label. I also have an oddball mystery (to me!), a numbered, limited edition bottle of Labrot & Graham Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey - as yet unopened. I have no idea what that one will be like. I'll report back when I dive in! :D
Good taste!

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

What's this about the Slymepit consisting of right-wingers?

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... 8fa3e5.png

The names that site posst in that region of the chart I landed in are Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. Off to my own Fox News talk show!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Thanks for listening to episode one, "Go Home, Pineapple," of Brave Hero radio. Here is the archived version - available for streaming or download:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bravehero/ ... -pineapple

Episode two, "Twisted Sisters," will stream live next Saturday March 9:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bravehero/ ... ed-sisters
Episode two of Brave Hero radio with co-hosts Justin Vacula and Karla Porter will discuss the twisted sisters of feminism in the atheist community. Is feminism really manifesting as the 'radical notion that women are people too' and a movement for gender equality?

Be a #bravehero and join the growing resistance movement today! Callers -- no matter their viewpoints -- are welcome and encouraged. Save the online atheist community, save the world.
http://i.imgur.com/oqSKCBW.png

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
Jameson's was my introduction to scotch many moons ago. I'll have to look up the Cardhu and try it. :D

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Funny shit right here.
Take away the Marxian language wankery, and I pretty much agree with that site there. I actually think that economic inequality is a problem, not so much from a "justice" point of view, but from a nuts and bolts point of view...demand is the oil of the economy, and inequality lowers the oil level, so to speak...and that a lot of the SJW-stuff is pretty intentionally class blind in order to protect their own economic privilege.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Zenspace wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Zenspace wrote:

blue-label-5152.jpg
Good taste!
Generous, happy clients! Every bottle is a gift, even the Blue Label. :dance:

I just took the shot of the Blue Label to upload with my post.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

16bitheretic wrote:What's this about the Slymepit consisting of right-wingers?

The names that site posst in that region of the chart I landed in are Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama. Off to my own Fox News talk show!
Indeed. I landed just a bit south of Ghandi myself. Who knew. I may just have to go out and go all free market on someone... :twisted:

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/FcOt7ux.jpg

LOL WUT

Apparently telling people to go home is worse than telling people to fuck off?

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/FcOt7ux.jpg

LOL WUT

Welcome to the creepy clown narrative. up is down, down is up, and you are a rapist.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Funny shit right here.
Great find! Thanks for introducing me to it.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

LOL WUT

She's just milking it for all it's worth. As long as there's one sucker born every day she will find punters to read her self absorbed drivel.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

To all you wonderful podcasters out there, do any of you use Skype or similar so low life's like me can call in and bore you?

lonesagi

Post by lonesagi »

LOL WUT

It's a good thing we greet people with a hearty "fuck off". If we told them to "go home" we might really offend them.

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

The old guy:
pcgraphpng.php.png
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Probably not what you expected from former military, eh?

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

She didn't know who Statler and Waldorf were... do you really think she'd pick up on the "go home" meme?

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

LOL WUT

Getting harder and harder to tell OB from EBW.

She's completely flipped her shit.

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Quick clarification:

Codelette: Female
Rayshul: Female
Scented Nectar: female
ERV: Female
Windy: Female
16bitheretic: Female
Sacha: Female

Any more? (I'm drunk and off to sleep)
BarnOwl, Dilurk, Skeptickle, Karla Porter, Renne, Vicky Caramel, Rebecca B, Corylus, Tkmlac, Naoimi Chambers, Miss O Gynist, Another lurker, Incognito, Edina Monsoon, Lady Chillax
Bella (though haven't seen her in a long time)

Also Ophelia, EllenBeth, Stefunny, Melody Hensley, etc. (if we're including perpetual lurkers looking for something to be outraged about)

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Here's a screengrab from something Meyers did about/for the Expelled movie. Link at the end.

So, I presume that he has asked/been asked to be filmed in a sciencey-looking environment. And we all know how, like Nerd of Redhead, he is always telling us that he is an active scientist. Well, fuck, if this is the sexiest science environment he could find to be filmed in (and I know that these interviewers/interviewees always want to do it in the sexiest environment), then what a sad little fuck this portly dumpling is.

http://i.imgur.com/Cwiskty.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53ue5 ... layrelon-2

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

LOL WUT

I really can't decide whether Pruney genuinely believes this unbelievable stupidity he writes (I've not seen anything that tells me she's definitely not that stupid) or whether she's just a money-grubbing cynical old cunt, or whether it fluctuates.

But, puer, oh puer, the impression of someone unhinged is overwhelming.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Here's a screengrab from something Meyers did about/for the Expelled movie. Link at the end.

So, I presume that he has asked/been asked to be filmed in a sciencey-looking environment. And we all know how, like Nerd of Redhead, he is always telling us that he is an active scientist. Well, fuck, if this is the sexiest science environment he could find to be filmed in (and I know that these interviewers/interviewees always want to do it in the sexiest environment), then what a sad little fuck this portly dumpling is.

http://i.imgur.com/Cwiskty.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53ue5 ... layrelon-2
From the look on his face and his hand gesture, he's just blown his beans after thinking about caressing Twatson or Pruney or Zvanatee...

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Great podcast, Justin and Karla!

One tiny gripe, though. If you're going to keep it going, both of you *need* to procure some decent headphones, or at least a decent microphone because the sound on, especially Justin, was really distorted. Other than that, I have no complaints.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/AXQB6iC.jpg

Ask him for evidence:) They are Skeptics after all. They must be because they keep saying it.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Pitchguest wrote:Great podcast, Justin and Karla!

One tiny gripe, though. If you're going to keep it going, both of you *need* to procure some decent headphones, or at least a decent microphone because the sound on, especially Justin, was really distorted. Other than that, I have no complaints.
The sound quality may be out of their control. Even a very highly produced show like The Thinking Atheist podcast sounds like that on BTR. TTA host Seth Andrews has mentioned before he's talked to BTR's owners a few times and they keep saying there'll be an upgrade....but nobody seems to know when. That's why I just DL the YouTube version when he posts it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Steersman wrote: What does that say about AVfM if they’re banning people because of “weak arguments”? Seems far more plausible to me to suggest that I raised some points that they’d rather not address. Maybe they figured I was pissing in their cornflakes? That I was not adhering to the stringent rules of decorum that characterize the site?
Oh I will conceed that probably a large part of it may have been seen by you as a reluctance to adress some of your points. However, I believe that a sufficient number of them felt that they had adequately adressed your points and they were tired of dealing with you.

Similar to the impression for example when you were bannned over at Islamic Awakening. Remember that the stated reason given was your "mocking" of Allah (swt). I saw that as an excuse of convience, the real one is that they were tired of answering someone who was clearly wrong, but stubbornly failed to see the light.

Probably not a very flattering comparison for AVfM, but I call it as I see it. It might be fustrating for you, but what can you do? Have your tried emailing Elam and asking for the ban to be lifted? I understand they have a forum now where someone may feel like engaging you.
http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showthread.php?tid=2353
Steersman wrote: Kind of ignores the differences in content between a “comfortable life” then and now, not least of which is a more extensive “social safety net” and educational system that has to be paid for somehow.
If things stayed the "same" in that one breadwinner was all that was required for a family today, I would imagine that taxes would be proportionaly the same also. I think I am missing the point. Or you are. Or we are talking past each other. Or the point could be circling my haid and blowing a horn. Whatever. Clarification needed on my end.
AndrewV69 wrote:I also do not think that the following comparison helped either:
Steersman wrote: For instance a UN report argued that Muslim countries are so backward relative to Western democracies largely because insist on placing their women in largely unproductive roles.
There are a few problems with the kind of argument that tries to compare the relative economic status between these kinds of different population groups, because they appear to be based on a couple of assumed givens that are false:

- that all men and women are essentially equal.
- that all population groups are essentially equal.

Arguably the main issues with those population groups are related to the relatively low levels of IQ and societal trust, with the corresponding level of intellectual activity, and attributed to their culture which is reflected in their breeding practises and religion.
Steersman wrote: You have some factual data to support your contention that those “assumed givens” are false? As I argued in an earlier response to you, it seems to be rather difficult to compare populations using statistical distributions. As your own graph suggests, while there might be slight variations at any given percentile, I expect there is going to be a significant degree of overlap of those distributions – that they “are essentially equal”. And that while there might be slight genetic differences, the measured differences are probably due largely to the amplification caused by environmental and cultural factors – for examples, that Jews comprise some 20% of the Nobel laureates while comprising only 0.2% of the world’s population; that “[atheist activism], it’s more of a guy thing”; that Muslim countries are backward because of the restrictions on female participation.
Yes and No. First what was there to disagree about? I had no quarrel when you said this:
viewtopic.php?p=66525#p66525
Seems to me that many tend to view such statistics as tantamount to saying, for example, “men are smarter than women” which seems rather wrong-headed, and sterotypical if not outright sexist thinking. Sure – some are, but then again some women are smarter than most men. Really rather problematic that so many people seem unable to wrap their heads around the implications of statistical analyses – maybe not surprisingly: “lies, damned lies, and statistics” ….
It is a given that small differences can have a magnified impact on outcomes. Are you telling me at this point you do not get that? I assumed you did because you seemed to get everything else. Or are we going to have to go back and explain to each other how small differences do not matter much individually and in fact are largely meaningless in that context?

And yes it is difficult "to compare populations using statistical distributions" especially when you draw conclusions from it because you are apparently unaware of underlying conditions that can affect your results.

Or perhaps you are and you put it down to "culture" especially as you have looked at the PISA scores and know very well what is going on.

For example over at Dr. Hall she wrote about it: Gender Differences and Why They Don’t Matter So Much. And she is right, it does not matter so much, but it does affect outcomes. Anyway the link below is just for a reference.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... r-so-much/

What I want you to do is look at this article which Dr. Hall references when she said that "A recent study looked at 86 countries and found that math scores are determined by culture, not biology".
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 153123.htm
"We found that boys -- as well as girls -- tend to do better in math when raised in countries where females have better equality, and that's new and important," says Kane. "It makes sense that when women are well-educated and earn a good income, the math scores of their children of both genders benefit."
So far so good? We agree with the above? They are not necessarily telling "porkie pies" through their teeth deliberately, it is just that the results matched their expectations. Or did it? Bear with me. Patience.

I want you to look at this paper, the source for the article and the glad tidings from Dr. Hall.
http://www.ams.org/journals/notices/201 ... 00010p.pdf

Go to page 16, table 3. Look at the scores for Muslim countries. Before we go any further though, I dunno what the deal is with Iran, Malta and Syria. So I have flagged those for further investigation.

Finished?

Well my conclusion is you are looking at the results of inbreeding.

Seeing as I am of the opinion that in things like IQ women are more conservative than men, and that that the Muslim countries with the worst scores are also the ones that practise the worst form of inbreeding, Father's Brother's Daughter instead of the much better option of Mother's Sister's Daughter I am not surprised.

They are inbreeding themselves into stupid.

So the conclusion from the article I quoted above is not strictly correct at all. In fact is it misleading.

It does not matter how much equality you give the females in those countries. Unless they change their breeding practises, the men on the whole are going to keep on getting dumber and dumber.

YMMV

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/AXQB6iC.jpg

Yeah, how difficult is it really to confirm the shit they write before they write it? One can easily find out that you didn't keep on the image after Surly's DMCA, but that you intended to counter-DMCA as you felt the image fell into the category of 'Fair Use'. (Is that right?)

It's really fucking simple. They can say what they want about this place, but the last thing they should say is that we make shit up. Because we consistently provide sources and we consistently quote verbatim if necessary. But it seems that when you're part of the FTB clique, then all it takes is a 'he said/she said' account and all is gravy. Pathetic.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

16bitheretic wrote:

The sound quality may be out of their control. Even a very highly produced show like The Thinking Atheist podcast sounds like that on BTR. TTA host Seth Andrews has mentioned before he's talked to BTR's owners a few times and they keep saying there'll be an upgrade....but nobody seems to know when. That's why I just DL the YouTube version when he posts it.
Oh. All right, I'll try downloading it then and see if that fixes it.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

I enjoyed it too. Hope we get plenty more.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Quick clarification:

Codelette: Female
Rayshul: Female
Scented Nectar: female
ERV: Female
Windy: Female
16bitheretic: Female
Sacha: Female

Any more? (I'm drunk and off to sleep)
Not another glass of Baileys bender?
Yeah. We're fine with them, as long as we list them. We don't want to agree with them and accidentally find out they were women. Nosir.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

16bitheretic wrote:What's this about the Slymepit consisting of right-wingers?

:lol: I got the exact same score, and now I'm confused.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ooh via our buddy Shetterly, quoting L'Hote:
It should almost go without saying, but: at the heart of most of the white liberal agonizing from the last several days is absolute terror in the face of blackness. Often, at the core of those who demand materially useless rituals such as privilege checking is pure racial panic. They work to position themselves as obsequious reflections of black agency not out of respect but out of the opposite of respect; to grant that they might have a racialized conscience that must by duty interact with the racialized conscience of the nonwhite, they would risk being interpreted by same. They arrange their opinions not to work to the benefit of the essential category of blackness they've created but to be protected themselves from that blackness, from the potential of its judgment. To see nonwhite people as fully-realized actors with whom one might disagree on topics of race would be to risk being regarded as racist by any one of them, and for many or most of the white people who write about race, avoiding that accusation is a higher priority than working against racism as such. They therefore create a mental world in which the act of ceding all personal responsibility for issues of race to the nonwhite is an act of charity, when in fact it operates on the assumption that the nonwhite are inhuman. They are in bad faith.
Ffffff.

I'm not sure why they're so scared of women, though. I don't think that kind of logic follows through on other SJW issues - unless the "fear of blackness" there is the fear of being considered a misogynist.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Zenspace wrote:
codelette wrote:I want to welcome Jennifer Connelly as well. You are hot.

Jennifer Connelly? I thought she was Claire Forlani! :think:
Oh no! Ophelia! Come here! The Pit has devolved into a discussion of a female poster's appearance!

(And just to add in an Ophelia lie, you could say that she only posted one post since that mentioned that she was feeling 'intimidated' by this 'unwanted attention and harassment' and that Lsuoma promptly banned her!)

MISOGYNY.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

AndrewV69 wrote:
windy wrote:
acathode wrote:considering how the pit is supposedly all about a bunch of misogynists trying to keep woman and minorities out of the old white boy's A/S club, man, are we completely incompetent or what! We can't even keep the women (and the other minorities) out of our own forum!
As erikthebassist said at Novella's this is the "all white he-man women haters club, and yes, that can even include non-white and females."
A neighbour out walking came down the driveway to investigate because she heard me choking and whooping and thought perhaps I needed medical attention.

Anyway, I read the above to her, explained that it differed from reality, and she reminded me of this:

[youtube]wBIC8JTQMMQ[/youtube]

Oh. Lots of eccentric people around here. She took the whole thing in stride.
I thought that could not POSSIBLY be the quote. But it is. Amazing.

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/inde ... nt-page-5/

I have now concluded that EVERY SINGLE FTB COMMENTER is a poe.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

One comment before I'm off to do weekend things: Although I don't like using the nicknames for the FtBers, I do like that it forces them to search those nicknames on the Pit in order for us to continue 'harassing' them.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

rayshul wrote:Ooh via our buddy Shetterly, quoting L'Hote:
It should almost go without saying, but: at the heart of most of the white liberal agonizing from the last several days is absolute terror in the face of blackness. Often, at the core of those who demand materially useless rituals such as privilege checking is pure racial panic. They work to position themselves as obsequious reflections of black agency not out of respect but out of the opposite of respect; to grant that they might have a racialized conscience that must by duty interact with the racialized conscience of the nonwhite, they would risk being interpreted by same. They arrange their opinions not to work to the benefit of the essential category of blackness they've created but to be protected themselves from that blackness, from the potential of its judgment. To see nonwhite people as fully-realized actors with whom one might disagree on topics of race would be to risk being regarded as racist by any one of them, and for many or most of the white people who write about race, avoiding that accusation is a higher priority than working against racism as such. They therefore create a mental world in which the act of ceding all personal responsibility for issues of race to the nonwhite is an act of charity, when in fact it operates on the assumption that the nonwhite are inhuman. They are in bad faith.
Ffffff.

I'm not sure why they're so scared of women, though. I don't think that kind of logic follows through on other SJW issues - unless the "fear of blackness" there is the fear of being considered a misogynist.
Well. I do think more than a fair proportion of SJW's come over to me as very socially awkward. So they would have to subjugate their thoughts to simplistic ideas about what a women is, or is not. Those ideas would necessarily be a debasement to themselves to avoid accusations of misogony, which they can't handle. They would also have to put women into a special status category to avoid any offence and make up all sorts of new concepts and demons to account for that special status. Of course this muddies the water for them as they can't see genuine inequality, which we all agree exists, from something they have made up for themselves. They also see any indication of male equality issues an attack on their safe space which they desperately need to interact.

This is indicated in the way they are vicious to women who do not support their simple narrative as they do not have the social skills to comprehend it or to deal with it. They even, on occasion, call them men (as we saw earlier)

To us they seem funny and silly. They are demonstrably irrational because they have to be. That is the only way they can invent a simple concept to fulfil their interpretation of complex reality. In some ways I feel sorry for them, it must be a horrible way to live, to be shown all the time that life is a complex series of human interactions and subtle nuance and that is something they can never be part of.

Anyway that's the end of my amateur social commentary.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

After all this Setar talk I went to A+ to read their whining thread. Apparently a lot of them are really pissed off at their parents. Including the middle aged ones. Because their parents are like, crap and triggering and don't send them money the right way.

If I had a shit relationship with my parents, perhaps I too would have been a SJW and turned into a little cuntfuck. How much of this I wonder is raging against the parents as opposed to the man?

Also I'm sorry Phil & Renee... I don't use a credit card online, just my paypal, and I'm between royalty cheques. When I have $$ I will pass it on - am hoping you're both doing okay. :/

John Brown

Post by John Brown »

http://i.imgur.com/nfjqRv1.png

Here's mine. I've taken this test numerous times in my life, but I'm usually more to the left that what's being shown here. I must be in one of my misanthropic moods tonight.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

rayshul wrote:After all this Setar talk I went to A+ to read their whining thread. Apparently a lot of them are really pissed off at their parents. Including the middle aged ones. Because their parents are like, crap and triggering and don't send them money the right way.

If I had a shit relationship with my parents, perhaps I too would have been a SJW and turned into a little cuntfuck. How much of this I wonder is raging against the parents as opposed to the man?

Also I'm sorry Phil & Renee... I don't use a credit card online, just my paypal, and I'm between royalty cheques. When I have $$ I will pass it on - am hoping you're both doing okay. :/
I'm not sure it's cause or effect. Many people had bad or no relationships with their parents but they don't go full Setar. It may well be they were terrible to their parents. They act spoiled and entitled so I am more likely to believe that without further evidence.

On that point I suspect many of us had much tougher backgrounds and had to fight harder to get ourselves off the ground than many in that bunch of clowns did.

skepandsprinkles

Post by skepandsprinkles »

Huh... so that's my problem. I have a great relationship with my parents and actually have to pay my way in life.

I'm such an entitled brat.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Jack wrote:To us they seem funny and silly. They are demonstrably irrational because they have to be. That is the only way they can invent a simple concept to fulfil their interpretation of complex reality.
Spot on!
They are incapable of thinking beyond simple binaries.
Good or Pure Evil.
Feminist or Rapist

No shades of "Gray".
No subtlety. No nuance.
No multivariate spectra.
Their classification "n-space" is limited to either
n=0, 1 or 2.
Their addled pea-brains cannot cope with any higher dimensions. (Let alone fractional ones!)

They'd make perfect Catholic robots.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Jack wrote:I'm not sure it's cause or effect. Many people had bad or no relationships with their parents but they don't go full Setar. It may well be they were terrible to their parents. They act spoiled and entitled so I am more likely to believe that without further evidence.

On that point I suspect many of us had much tougher backgrounds and had to fight harder to get ourselves off the ground than many in that bunch of clowns did.
I just read a little rant of Setar's where he blames everything on his parents.
yes. because, unlike Real People who were either born filthy rich or were able to go into assloads of debt to get their Real Person Card (aka university degree) I was unable to cope with college and had to drop out. thus, I don’t deserve nice things like a job with reasonable and consistent hours, nor do I deserve adequate transportation....

*snip... full rant here: *

what I do deserve is, apparently, free healthcare that barely covers even the bare minimum, and a couple hundred bucks a year plus a slightly inflated income tax refund. because, I have a job and I make a whole $17,000 a year, I totally don’t need assistance of any sort. in a supposedly hippy-liberal city where my $350 rent for an attic was like winning the lottery because the rent for one bedroom anything around here is usually double that. all because I was born to a shitty family

yeah. I’m mad. why aren’t you?
Yeeeeeeah there is a wee hint of entitlement there, now you mention it...

:lol:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

skepandsprinkles wrote:Huh... so that's my problem. I have a great relationship with my parents and actually have to pay my way in life.

I'm such an entitled brat.
Check your parent privilege!

I bet they hardly ever trigger you too.