Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Dick Strawkins

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Dick Strawkins »

skepandsprinkles wrote:I guess a few rabid readers missed the part where I have a vagina. With all my submitting to the patriarchy it has probably warped into a mangina, so I understand their confusion.
Welcome to the slymepit!

I don't agree with trolling them either.
I just tend to define 'trolling differently to them.
For me, trolling is turning up on their blogs or actively @tweeting at them with things purely designed to wind them up.
All my interactions are done in such a way that it is easy for them to ignore them completely (for example only writing about them here on this site or posting satirical photoshops here or on another site that they would need to seek out if they want to see it).
They seem to think 'trolling' is any form of criticism of them, no matter where it is on the internet!
I'm sorry but I won't go along with that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:I guess a few rabid readers missed the part where I have a vagina. With all my submitting to the patriarchy it has probably warped into a mangina, so I understand their confusion.
It's fairly obvious, I mean the sprinkles bit is all girly isn't it?
I don't think so: my wife tells me that whenever I take a piss, the sprinkles go everywhere.

Oh, and the good news is that I'll be heading back from Vegas to WA much, much sooner than expected. We've hired someone to take over from me, starting on Monday.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

codelette wrote: A hint?
http://i.imgur.com/psj0ZyQ.png
That's so stalinist of you, my dear!

You know who's not lonely? This evil libertarian. I have friends of various political leanings (up and including to evil communists 8-) ) and we all get along fine. We even learn shit from each other whenever we talk about politics.
But then, what do I know...I'm just a "reactionary".
Setar is determined to be miserable until he gets just the world he wants. The world must adapt to him, not the other way around.

Also: I think it's very comical that out of all the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of words Michael Shermer has written in his life, the only four that the rage-myopic FtB/Skepchick/A+ fools will remember him by are the offhand "it's a guy thing".

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: You know the best part about vaginas? Unless someone is closely afiliated with one, and talking about that particular vagina, it's all irrelevant.
If you think that is the best thing about vaginas, I'm going to be disagreeing with you again.

Apples

Post by Apples »

skepandsprinkles wrote:
Skeeve wrote: Welcome to the Pit!
Thanks. And thanks for the support or whatever the hell has been offered up to me here. As I've said in places some people here have read I disagree with people's views or actions sometimes, even here and by people that support here (like I know it's fun to troll, but I think you're sending a few of the FtB's to an early grave. Their blood pressure must be through the roof). We can still be friends, at least from where I'm standing.

Or would I be told to fuck off if that happened?
Hi Sprinkles! (may I call you sprinkles?). Nice job over at Ophie's yesterday. Looks like you'll fit in just fine. As Gumby and others (including Dear Leader Lsuoma) just indicated - you get told to "fuck off" when you first arrive, in order to desensitize you, and you might never hear it again unless you piss off Welch or Angry Drunk or a few others. The nice thing about the Pit is that even if you provoke the regulars you won't get banned, and people here are such weirdos that there's no basically no party line other than hypocrisy = bad, genuine critical thinking and humor = good.

Here are some more introductory links so you can understand the way things work around here:

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/files/u26444/bratsmall.JPG

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote: Oh, and the good news is that I'll be heading back from Vegas to WA much, much sooner than expected. We've hired someone to take over from me, starting on Monday.
They found the dead hookers, didn't they?

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

bhoytony wrote:
CISSEXIST! How dare you imply that there are 'girly things'. You are contributing to RAPE CULTURE!Someone ban this prick before I have a nervous breakdown.

codelette

Post by codelette »

Wait, another chill woman at the Pyt!?
Welcome, treacherous sister!

Now, kindly fuck off. :)

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
CISSEXIST! How dare you imply that there are 'girly things'. You are contributing to RAPE CULTURE!Someone ban this prick before I have a nervous breakdown.

Don't be such a girl.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Apples wrote: Here are some more introductory links so you can understand the way things work around here:

I thought these were the proper introductory links?

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/file ... g-face.gif

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

bhoytony wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

Don't be such a girl.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9coqd52Q91rpuj1d.gif

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Gumby wrote:
Apples wrote: Here are some more introductory links so you can understand the way things work around here:

I thought these were the proper introductory links?

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/file ... g-face.gif
Stop oppressing me with your link-sausage privilege, my cultural heritage only recognises the square sausage.
No true sausage

http://www.dalbeattiefinefoods.co.uk/pr ... ausage.jpg

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Pitchguest wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: However, what REALLY caught my eye - what really stood out - when looking back at old Pharyngula, and this was back in 2009, was this:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009 ... ent-596079

That's from a commenter called 'AnthonyK'. Now, I don't know if this is our current Anthony K or not, but it seems too much of a coincidence not to be. Brownian also existed back then. So did he use two usernames? Because it would be quite amusing if it turned out that 3 years (in fact, I see AnthonyK on Scienceblogs on a blog from 2008 as well so maybe even 4 years) before Reap "doxxed" Anthony, he actually went by the screen name 'AnthonyK'. Do you guys think this is a likely story?
Yup, I think AnthonyK and Anthony K are one and the same. It would be an incredible coincidence to find two almost indistinguishable but different assholes using the same 'nym on the same blog. Was he a sockpuppet?
I don't know for sure, but I imagine so. It's odd, though, because in some instances it would seem he actually talks to himself.

Case in point: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009 ... ent-609369
A fairly evident case of sockpuppetry there. Weird. But we already knew that he's a weirdo, so in the end this is only mildly interesting.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Gumby wrote:I thought these were the proper introductory links?
LOL - my bad. Shit the A-plussers are right - they really shouldn't click over here.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

bhoytony wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
I have to disagree. There is nothing wrong with social justice. I have numerous friends in the mental health, social services and poverty advocacy field. I myself, have a step-son with some pretty challenging learning disabilities. There is nothing worse than having some rabid 22 year old know-nothing telling you how to raise your child or go about the job that one has trained to do.

We see the SJW's as a threat. It's the added 'W' on the end that denotes a particular ideology. We know that the SJWs poison the hard work that people in these fields do. It is a shame that the term 'social justice' has been co-opted by a bunch of whiny special snowflakes who have no idea what the real work entails.
I agree, social justice is supposed to be justice in society. I see nothing wrong with that, I'm all for social justice, not too keen on those fucking social justice warriors.
What is justice? Does it include punishment?

I'd rather social fairness. "Justice" to me is sort of a bullshit buzz word.

Everyone here has taken those silly Myer Riggs persoanlity tests right? Do you you value justice or mercy? Anyway I am INTP.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

debaser71 wrote:

Everyone here has taken those silly Myer Riggs persoanlity tests right? Do you you value justice or mercy? Anyway I am INTP.
jus·tice (jsts)
n.
1. The quality of being just; fairness.
a. The principle of moral rightness; equity.
b. Conformity to moral rightness in action or attitude; righteousness.
a. The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law.
b. Law The administration and procedure of law.
4. Conformity to truth, fact, or sound reason: The overcharged customer was angry, and with justice.
5. Abbr. J. Law
a. A judge.
b. A justice of the peace.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

From
Jeremy Fajette Al It's quite clear why you have drawn line in the sand where you have, You make your bed in a pit of vipers because they're the last thing which can stand you any more. Once you realize how irrelevant they are you'll regret you drew the line past the high tide mark.

Why don't you fuckers just dig the trench for the deep rift and stop building bridges over. Your opinions mean shit to the rational side of the argument, you know this, right? You're all gaslighting histrionic bullies, Sara pops off from the hip about some lame-ass poorly thought criticism which isn't true, just to score brownie points and reinforce the cohesion within her little clique... Just fucking dig, dig, dig and get the hell away from us.
Jeremy Fajette Hey I found a picture of Sara as a child practicing for her future: http://api.ning.com/files/NjyJltrMJfjv0 ... et_doo.jpg
This is Jeremy:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4583_n.jpg

Internet toughguy.

Also, why is it that whenever these arguments come up, someone has to make the strawman about 'bitches ain't shit' or a variant thereof?
Djames Whitehead Bitches be bitchin'. That's what I take from all of this. And leave the Muppets out of it, you're fucking with my google alerts.
Conveniently, EllenBeth ignores everything about this and only focuses on herself and on Ophelia's well-being. Same old, same old.

windy

Post by windy »

Jan Steen wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
Jan Steen wrote: Yup, I think AnthonyK and Anthony K are one and the same. It would be an incredible coincidence to find two almost indistinguishable but different assholes using the same 'nym on the same blog. Was he a sockpuppet?
I don't know for sure, but I imagine so. It's odd, though, because in some instances it would seem he actually talks to himself.

Case in point: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009 ... ent-609369
A fairly evident case of sockpuppetry there. Weird. But we already knew that he's a weirdo, so in the end this is only mildly interesting.
Why would he sockpuppet as himself? You two weirdos are starting to sound like Ophelia... wait a minute... are you her sockpuppets??

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

bhoytony wrote:
debaser71 wrote:

jus·tice (jsts)
n.
a. The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law.
4. Conformity to truth, fact, or sound reason: The overcharged customer was angry, and with justice.
5. Abbr. J. Law
a. A judge.
That doesn't sound circular or dogmatic at all.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Lsuoma wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I don't think so: my wife tells me that whenever I take a piss, the sprinkles go everywhere.

Oh, and the good news is that I'll be heading back from Vegas to WA much, much sooner than expected. We've hired someone to take over from me, starting on Monday.
Woo hoo! Congrats. :dance:

Means we can't just show up at your place for a 'Pit meetup at TAM, though. :x

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

debaser71 wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
debaser71 wrote:

jus·tice (jsts)
n.
5. Abbr. J. Law
a. A judge.
You said you prefer fairness to justice and when the first definition of justice is given as fairness you ignore it. So be it, carry on I can do no more.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

Have you told Ophie that you're moving next door to her yet?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: go home, pineapple.

Post by Jan Steen »

skepandsprinkles wrote:
Thanks. And thanks for the support or whatever the hell has been offered up to me here. As I've said in places some people here have read I disagree with people's views or actions sometimes, even here and by people that support here (like I know it's fun to troll, but I think you're sending a few of the FtB's to an early grave. Their blood pressure must be through the roof). We can still be friends, at least from where I'm standing.

Welcome. You can say what you want here. Some will agree with you, others won't. This is not a hive vagina. Whatever its flaws, at least this cesspool of evil is not infested with condescending, sanctimonious assholes like Anthony K and Tonyinbatavia, whom you had the misfortune to encounter at Orwellia's place.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: You know the best part about vaginas? Unless someone is closely afiliated with one, and talking about that particular vagina, it's all irrelevant.
If you think that is the best thing about vaginas, I'm going to be disagreeing with you again.
Warm haggis and a sock. Just sayin'...

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

bhoytony wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
debaser71 wrote:

jus·tice (jsts)
n.
5. Abbr. J. Law
a. A judge.
You said you prefer fairness to justice and when the first definition of justice is given as fairness you ignore it. So be it, carry on I can do no more.
If one means fainrness why not just say fairness?

It's like the word faith. Religionist blather on about "faith" and equate their religious faith to things like hope, trust, fidelity, etc.

So my charge is towards the SJW's...they use the word "justice" like religionists use the word "faith".

That I quote your post doesn't mean I am attacking you.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
And by this, I mean if a PM with adress, a paypal, and a local store can make it happen, send the haggis!

welch

Post by welch »

DGS wrote:Can someone give me a pop history here? Are you guys and gals the flotsam and jetsam that floats from the recent schism in American atheism?

Are these threads you guys working out all your isshoos? If they are, I feel like I'm intruding because I don't have any issues having only tangoed with FTB's a very small amount before I realised they were advocating and facilitating free thought as much as Stalin.

Question: what is this forum for?

All genuine questions. Assume good will. I have it in droves :)
Arguing about silly shit, mostly.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I'm afraid this is where I sever the Auld Alliance.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

codelette wrote:Wait, another chill woman at the Pyt!?

Yeah, hi-and-fuck-off, DGS and skepandsprinkles. Nice work at your various respective sites.

There are a fair number of women here, though since we tend not to fly off the handle about how we're being victimized, sometimes it's hard to tell us specialsnowflakesduetobeinganythingotherthancismalegender from everyone else.

One clue is that we tend to joke about penises & their use(s) instead of bragging about the size of our own. :roll:

Pro tip, being a woman participating in the Pit makes you an honorary misogynistic MRA in the eyes of PZ et al. Yet for some reason they don't try to save us from the evil menz who must have brainwashed us and/or are holding us here against our will.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Gumby wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Fincke doesn't name names, but this piece can be read to quite damning when considering A+/FTB/Skepchick:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/camelswith ... oritarian/
<snip>
Well, the very first commenter knew who was being referred to, and had no qualms naming names:
So long as PZ and his ilk are praised by every internet atheist that hits their blog I don’t see rational discourse being the thing we are known for, unfortunately, but being another part of the great circle jerk of internet atheism.
Also: Patheos really, really needs to find a new host. Every time I go there it takes forever to load a page.
I find the same thing, although I think that’s because of the browser. When I load a page under IE8/XP I get the same delay and, eventually, a script error of some sort, whereas I don’t have that problem under Firefox.

welch

Post by welch »

Guest wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
windy wrote:here's another freeze peach-loving libertarian who doesn't care if he offends people :(

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... ecc205.png
It's sad.
I liked that PZ.
The one we have now, well, he's changed.
[/img]
At some point he converted to feminism and started talking about this Watson woman I hadn't heard of before. It went downhill quickly.

Even sadder than being reminded of Old PZ is seeing Old Pharyngula. Look at the variety of names in that comment thread! So many different people with different opinions. Now it's the same few loudmouths saying the same things again and again. So sad.
What change? He's the same asstwat then as now. It's just more people approved of the of he was goring.

codelette

Post by codelette »

I want to welcome Jennifer Connelly as well. You are hot.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Jan Steen wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:

Welcome. You can say what you want here. Some will agree with you, others won't. This is not a hive vagina. Whatever its flaws, at least this cesspool of evil is not infested with condescending, sanctimonious assholes like Anthony K and Tonyinbatavia, whom you had the misfortune to encounter at Orwellia's place.
Not to mention Josh the "Leave Ophie Alone" SpokesPrick.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I'm afraid this is where I sever the Auld Alliance.
Fair enough.

Apples

Post by Apples »

windy wrote:Why would he sockpuppet as himself? You two weirdos are starting to sound like Ophelia... wait a minute... are you her sockpuppets??
Does seem like there's some story there, not clear what.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

debaser71 wrote:
Because justice is defined as fairness, we must only use fairness and not justice. Is that really what you are saying? Wow, that is quite a statement. I don't really know what to say to that so I think I will end this here.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Lsuoma wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Apples wrote:

Sprinkles, apparently a young woman who was obviously being sincere, actually already has a blogpost up about her feelings on the matter -

http://skepticismandsprinkles.blogspot. ... hings.html
They are going to really love her after they read her description of B&W as a "hive vagina".
Missed that - thanks for pointing it out. That's destined to become a classic, methinks!
It certainly gets my vote for classic status! I followed the link to her blog and that phrase jumped right off the screen and stuck! Maybe even worked into new new header material? (although the current one is awfully mature and respectable).

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Onlookers: thiis the "Vieille alliance", "or Old Alliance", between France and Scotland.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

skepandsprinkles wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Apples wrote:
Sprinkles, apparently a young woman who was obviously being sincere, actually already has a blogpost up about her feelings on the matter -

http://skepticismandsprinkles.blogspot. ... hings.html
They are going to really love her after they read her description of B&W as a "hive vagina".
Nah, I can't go any lower than "sexism loving scum of the earth"
*shakes head*

One would think the baboons would have learned something by now. But Nooooooooo they keep driving people here.

Anyway, you said this about RW:
I don't think her response to elevator guy was the best way to handle the situation. She could have just said "thanks, but no thanks." However, I understand that she was frustrated by things that had happened to her and reacted the way she did for a reason.
I disagree.

As I recall she said no to EG and that was the end of it. Then she said "guys, do not do that" and I still did not have a problem with it.

There was a massive amount of confusing (to me anyway) back and forth going on. Head scratching stuff to me, including some guy claiming that EG had "free speech" rights. Whut?

The wheels came off when she used her power differential on Steph McGraw for disagreeing with her.
http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Attac ... tef_McGraw

Up to that point, I really had no idea about what the hell was really going on.

Today, I strongly suspect that EG never existed. I think she made him up for <whatever reason> and I am really certain, I am never getting on an elevator with her again, no matter what time of day or night, witness or not, CCTV or not. No way. Not happening. Nope.

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

bhoytony wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
Because justice is defined as fairness, we must only use fairness and not justice. Is that really what you are saying? Wow, that is quite a statement. I don't really know what to say to that so I think I will end this here.
I'm saying that SWJ's want to punish people.

OK, ended.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Onlookers: thiis the "Vieille alliance", "or Old Alliance", between France and Scotland.
You are dead to me now.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Lsuoma wrote:Meh, it's already in the geek feminism wiki.
Ah. Too bad. Still a catchy phrase, though!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Onlookers: thiis the "Vieille alliance", "or Old Alliance", between France and Scotland.
You are dead to me now.
A can of haggis would help settle thing down (did I say 'can'? Ok, I'm dead to me as well)

DGS

Post by DGS »

codelette wrote:I want to welcome Jennifer Connelly as well. You are hot.
Hola. You too Skep tickle :) Welcome Sprinkles, though I only just got here myself :geek:

windy

Post by windy »

Damn, we didn't pull up the ladder fast enough.

Anyway, welcome, skepandsprinkles!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
You are dead to me now.
A can of haggis would help settle thing down (did I say 'can'? Ok, I'm dead to me as well)
A can? You're well named Philistine. I thought you French were gastronomes?

Apples

Post by Apples »

bhoytony wrote:
debaser71 wrote:
For what it's worth - in John Rawls' Theory of Justice I believe the short version was basically "Justice as fairness," fairness defined as -- If you had to design a society from behind the veil of ignorance where you didn't know anything about what your station in life would be, how would you do it?

His answer was that the design should be according to 1) the liberty principle (greatest liberty possible) and 2) the difference principle (arrangements resulting in inequality should benefit the least advantaged) + equality of opportunity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Theory_of_Justice

Of course there is a lot of tension between those principles, which kind of puts you back at square one.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

debaser71 wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Mr Danksworth wrote:
I have to disagree. There is nothing wrong with social justice. I have numerous friends in the mental health, social services and poverty advocacy field. I myself, have a step-son with some pretty challenging learning disabilities. There is nothing worse than having some rabid 22 year old know-nothing telling you how to raise your child or go about the job that one has trained to do.

We see the SJW's as a threat. It's the added 'W' on the end that denotes a particular ideology. We know that the SJWs poison the hard work that people in these fields do. It is a shame that the term 'social justice' has been co-opted by a bunch of whiny special snowflakes who have no idea what the real work entails.
I agree, social justice is supposed to be justice in society. I see nothing wrong with that, I'm all for social justice, not too keen on those fucking social justice warriors.

[youtube]IV7AZfllTGs[/youtube]
There's three separate voices...

LMU

Post by LMU »

Skep tickle wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

Woo hoo! Congrats. :dance:

Means we can't just show up at your place for a 'Pit meetup at TAM, though. :x
I'd assumed 'pit meetups at TAM would be "Skeptics in the Elevators" events.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Quick clarification:

Codelette: Female
Rayshul: Female
Scented Nectar: female
ERV: Female
Windy: Female
16bitheretic: Female
Sacha: Female

Any more? (I'm drunk and off to sleep)

welch

Post by welch »

windy wrote:
rocko2466 wrote: Holy shit. I could be a king in Europe.

Here's a question: if you are well-endowed, how do you convince people to let you take it out to make use of it?

I'm sure I'd have an advantage with mine, but noone will let me show it to them.
Take up sauna bathing? Wear tight pants? Print it on your business cards?
Banana hammocks, all-day, every day

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

DGS wrote:
Apples wrote:
As a reminder of the kind of people we're dealing with, Svan's petition against Justin Vacula is always worth a read (by the way - has anyone ever fisked this thing?):

http://www.change.org/petitions/secular ... ter-of-sca
Wow. Now I'm fantasising about what I would do with a list of actual names of people who were trying to destroy me.

I would also see it as a huge compliment. In evolutionary theory it's called the 'derogation of rivals'. Justin must be some rival!
DGS - I think you are going to be a good addition to the group here. (here on out known as ERV's Hive Vagina (aka: Slymepit)

New term for me: 'derogation of rivals'. Familiar with the practice, didn't realize it had made it into formal research in any form. Nice.

Justin is proving to be more than they bargained for, I suspect.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Quick clarification:

Not another glass of Baileys bender?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Skep tickle wrote:

Yeah, hi-and-fuck-off, DGS and skepandsprinkles. Nice work at your various respective sites.

There are a fair number of women here, though since we tend not to fly off the handle about how we're being victimized, sometimes it's hard to tell us specialsnowflakesduetobeinganythingotherthancismalegender from everyone else.

One clue is that we tend to joke about penises & their use(s) instead of bragging about the size of our own. :roll:

Pro tip, being a woman participating in the Pit makes you an honorary misogynistic MRA in the eyes of PZ et al. Yet for some reason they don't try to save us from the evil menz who must have brainwashed us and/or are holding us here against our will.
I certainly wonder about the reasons for your last point. On the related issue of gendered insults one sort of has to postulate that there are more women who empathize with other women who have been targeted by them than there are men: “[empathy], it’s more of a gal thing”. Maybe more women have more mirror neurons than men or there are fewer that are “damaged” by testosterone. Has to be some functional reason for the asymmetry in responses.

And, speaking of “asymmetry”, an analogous case is some man being called a prick or a dickhead which seems not to generate the same degree of horror and umbrage. I certainly find it curious, and more than a little amusing, that most men when they hear someone – male or female – call some other man a “prick” their response is likely going to be something along the line of, “Really? What did he do?” and not, “HOW DARE YOU CALL ME AND ALL MY BROS PRICKS??? YOU … YOU … MISANDRIST!!”.

Or maybe it is simply a case of hearing the word frequently enough that it no longer has the same impact. You might be interested in this study from the New Zealand broadcasting Authority on the question of which swear words have which degree of acceptability. Also some information there on how that degree has changed over time.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Before you go Phil perhaps you'd like to do a similar list of A+Theism members. It could get very complicated though, are there any actual females and males over there?

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Renee, duh.

LMU

Re: Protein Synthesis

Post by LMU »

I think pictures like the one here: http://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/Polyribosomes.html are just cool. For those not going to look: it's a labeled electron micrograph of protein synthesis in a prokaryote.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:

Before you go Phil perhaps you'd like to do a similar list of A+Theism members. It could get very complicated though, are there any actual females and males over there?
Nay. never took the time to check it out. For all I know, it might be a swell place. Right.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Eucliwo...

Never mind.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Metalogic42 wrote:

Renee, duh.
And this is where I hand my hat in shame. Renée, flog me as you see fit!