Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Old subthreads
Spence

Re: Anne Robinson has no soul, and is history, thank fuck!

Post by Spence »

Lsuoma wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Can you tell me what this means?
http://slymepit.com/staticimgs/threevdicks.jpg
Your wish is my command.
Some mad shoop skilz there, Lsuoma.
I larned 'em on B3ta...
Tsk. Three pubes per ball.

You learned NOTHING

lol

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Metalogic42 wrote:
Amanda Marcotte ‏@AmandaMarcotte

@saramayhew The only way to think 1 in 3 is outrageous is to start quietly discounting some rapes, which he clearly does.
Wait, what? It's 1 in 3 now? What happened to 1 in 6? *facepalm*
Tomorrow it will be 3 in 3. Those of you who think you haven't been raped, just need to recover your memory.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Spence wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Your wish is my command.
I larned 'em on B3ta...
Tsk. Three pubes per ball.

You learned NOTHING

lol
I am afraid to ask.

(no doubt the point is not only circling ma haid, but going "Haloooooooooo" down me ears).

hahahahaha who?

Post by hahahahaha who? »

katamari Damassi wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Sara Mayhew arguing with Jen McWrong on twitter...
Love this:
Sara E. Mayhew ‏@saramayhew
@jennifurret why not apply tools of skepticism and read w/o biased filter?

15h Jennifer McCreight ‏@jennifurret
@saramayhew hahahahaha what?

"hahahahaha what?" That pretty much sums up the Seattle Filly, don't you think?

"hahahahaha what?' belongs on a SurlyRamic(TM).
hahahahaha_what should follow @jennifurret

oh wait. . . .

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I *FINALLY* got http://chillgirlsinpinkcorvettes.com working :D All but the 1st podcast have been added and I'm hoping to have guest blog posts as well as regulars. Let me know what you think all.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Jack wrote:Call it Weevil Plus, fighting for the rights of Weevils not to be abused by prisoners under the banner 'Hey, Prisoner, leave our shit alone!!!'
Check this link out Jack: http://samvak.tripod.com/

These people may not be suffering from NPD, but, they use many of the same *tactics* that sufferers of NPD use, in order to gain control and silence opponents.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:
Amanda Marcotte ‏@AmandaMarcotte

@saramayhew The only way to think 1 in 3 is outrageous is to start quietly discounting some rapes, which he clearly does.
Wait, what? It's 1 in 3 now? What happened to 1 in 6? *facepalm*
Tomorrow it will be 3 in 3. Those of you who think you haven't been raped, just need to recover your memory.
I've been physically attacked 3 times as an adult, once me and 2 guys ended up in Hospital, I needed several stitches. Shit happens. I don't care about it or think everyone I look at means me harm. It does not stop me doing anything. I lived and learned that's all that mattered. I was lucky and many are not. I don't know what my point it but all of us, men and women, are always at risk.

I agree women are naturally more vulnerable but we all have concerns so we need to work together to try and make life safer, not impose a divisive and flawed ideology that only serves to damage efforts to improve all our lives.

Spence

Post by Spence »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Spence wrote:Tsk. Three pubes per ball.

You learned NOTHING

lol
I am afraid to ask.

(no doubt the point is not only circling ma haid, but going "Haloooooooooo" down me ears).
Even scented nectar knows it's three pubes per ball, although that might be because we've had this discussion before.

If I can just invoke the "no true b3tan" fallacy, this is how it should be for puritans amongst us:
threevdickspluspubes.jpg
(27.44 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
See here: http://b3ta.com/board/10927689 for the most recent example I could find on /board

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ReneeHendricks wrote:I *FINALLY* got http://chillgirlsinpinkcorvettes.com working :D All but the 1st podcast have been added and I'm hoping to have guest blog posts as well as regulars. Let me know what you think all.
Wow thanks Renee. I'll be listening.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Submariner wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Now I remember why I unsubbed from tooltime9901 years ago.
[youtube]wvjlwmJ4pUc[/youtube]

Is that Zinnia Jones' brother?
Watch his mouth movements.
If his mouth moves, then it's not ZJ.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Jack wrote:Call it Weevil Plus, fighting for the rights of Weevils not to be abused by prisoners under the banner 'Hey, Prisoner, leave our shit alone!!!'
In fact, I don't think it would be such a bad thing to refer to the FC(n)s as the Axis of Weevil.

(cribbed from the Church of Subgenius, but what the fuck - I thought it was apt, anyway)

Submariner

Post by Submariner »

Tigzy wrote:
In fact, I don't think it would be such a bad thing to refer to the FC(n)s as the Axis of Weevil.

(cribbed from the Church of Subgenius, but what the fuck - I thought it was apt, anyway)
That's fucking brilliant. But then again the originator has a "sub" in his/her nym.....

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:This kind of rant makes them look like amateurs, and Hensley like a shreiking, whining harpy.
There are two very good reasons for this appearance.
1) They are
2) She is

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Altair wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I really love that "other shit I don't care about" line. Yes, I am an executive director for CFI, but I don't give two fucks about some of the things that are covered in our mission statement. Is nobody in that organisation reading her stuff online and having second thoughts about her suitability for the job?
I hadn't noticed that part. It makes sense now, she doesn't give a fuck about skepticism and what are usually skepticism's targets, so that's why she's trying to turn the CFI into the Center for Feminist Inquiry.
What the hell did she think she was going to talk about if she got a job at a place that includes this in their mission statement:
Moreover, unlike many other institutions, we maintain that scientific methods and reasoning should be utilized in examining the claims of both pseudoscience and religion. We reject mysticism and blind faith. No topic should be placed off limits to scrutiny—certainly not fringe science and religion, which have an enormous influence on beliefs and conduct
What you are not seeing is that her views are apparently acceptable to her employers. Perhaps people should be asking why the dog is not barking in the night.

Dogs barking are not unusual. It is however, unusual when they do not when they should.

I would suggest that Melody is not a problem. She is however, a symptom of the "palace coup" that took place a few years ago. I believe Franc had a few words on that subject some time ago.

In any event, I believe people should stop viewing Melody as the disease. She is just a visible sign of the infection.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, Opheliar has a another post up about Shermer because she still hasn't got over her BUTTHURT from last time.
Is Ophelia considered a liberal?

I noticed that in one of her recent posts, she writes about her hopes that Raphael Golb gets tortured in prison - by being forced to eat food full of weevils.

Mass murderer? :think:
Child killer? :think:
Rapist? :think:

...Err no...
He created sock puppets on the internet. :doh:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... to-prison/

http://i.imgur.com/S9m8tVA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4ZUkAKg.jpg

She has such a delightful turn of phrase, don't you think?
I saw that last night (for me) and, without knowing anything about the case, just dismissed it. It sounds like what he did went way beyond sockpuppeting and into, well, not sure. If it is harassment, then I could see a criminal case, maybe - is it civil or criminal? Same with, maybe, libel or fraud (the last is criminal IIRC). I wonder if she feels that people like Matt D should be prosecuted as well?

I am not concerned enough to check her blogpost, but I can hazard a guess that she related the case to how she is a victim?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Gumby wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Your wish is my command.
I think Marcotte would count this photoshop as a sexual assault. Add another one to the statistics. Oh and you're all rapists.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Badger3k wrote:I saw that last night (for me) and, without knowing anything about the case, just dismissed it. It sounds like what he did went way beyond sockpuppeting and into, well, not sure. If it is harassment, then I could see a criminal case, maybe - is it civil or criminal? Same with, maybe, libel or fraud (the last is criminal IIRC). I wonder if she feels that people like Matt D should be prosecuted as well?

I am not concerned enough to check her blogpost, but I can hazard a guess that she related the case to how she is a victim?
This is the NYTimes story on it, and, yes, she was identifying with the victim(s).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/nyreg ... d=all&_r=5&

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Submariner wrote:What exactly does Ophie have against Shermer, apart from the fact that he was in "Mr. Deity" and she wasn't??

[youtube]6gnQz32c5EA[/youtube]
He has more books published, is still widely respected, and hasn't lost a ton of friends over psychotic episodes. Surely that's enough? I wonder when she'll start to pull a Mabus. The post above re: her wanting to be left alone sounds like the same kind of need to speak out in bizarre rants. In Mabus' case, it's because he's batshit insane. What Ophie's problem is, I don't know.

Apples

Post by Apples »

katamari Damassi wrote:I think Marcotte would count this photoshop as a sexual assault. Add another one to the statistics. Oh and you're all rapists.
Speaking of Marcotte, if Hensley is the symptom, then Marcotte may very well be the disease. She is frightening.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Badger3k wrote:
Submariner wrote:What exactly does Ophie have against Shermer, apart from the fact that he was in "Mr. Deity" and she wasn't??

[youtube]6gnQz32c5EA[/youtube]
He has more books published, is still widely respected, and hasn't lost a ton of friends over psychotic episodes. Surely that's enough? I wonder when she'll start to pull a Mabus. The post above re: her wanting to be left alone sounds like the same kind of need to speak out in bizarre rants. In Mabus' case, it's because he's batshit insane. What Ophie's problem is, I don't know.
I harbour a hope that it's down to the fact that Shermer has a rep for seducing women on his travels - and that he has never once tried it on with our Phelia.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Tigzy wrote:@Jack

Indeed. Given Sally's missive, I have to wonder where all these pitters are who are apparently baying for blood at the prospect of Sally attending the conference. Maybe it's all happening on the secret forum, or something.
I for one am stunned that Social Justice Sally is getting out from behind her computer screen and actually doing something in real life!

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Apples wrote:
Badger3k wrote:I saw that last night (for me) and, without knowing anything about the case, just dismissed it. It sounds like what he did went way beyond sockpuppeting and into, well, not sure. If it is harassment, then I could see a criminal case, maybe - is it civil or criminal? Same with, maybe, libel or fraud (the last is criminal IIRC). I wonder if she feels that people like Matt D should be prosecuted as well?

This is the NYTimes story on it, and, yes, she was identifying with the victim(s).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/nyreg ... d=all&_r=5&
I tried, but there's a log in so I couldn't. Appreciate the link anyway. I'm sure someone has it posted somewhere on the net - my rss feed will probably pull it in if I look around.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Altair wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I really love that "other shit I don't care about" line. Yes, I am an executive director for CFI, but I don't give two fucks about some of the things that are covered in our mission statement. Is nobody in that organisation reading her stuff online and having second thoughts about her suitability for the job?
I hadn't noticed that part. It makes sense now, she doesn't give a fuck about skepticism and what are usually skepticism's targets, so that's why she's trying to turn the CFI into the Center for Feminist Inquiry.
What the hell did she think she was going to talk about if she got a job at a place that includes this in their mission statement:
Moreover, unlike many other institutions, we maintain that scientific methods and reasoning should be utilized in examining the claims of both pseudoscience and religion. We reject mysticism and blind faith. No topic should be placed off limits to scrutiny—certainly not fringe science and religion, which have an enormous influence on beliefs and conduct
What you are not seeing is that her views are apparently acceptable to her employers. Perhaps people should be asking why the dog is not barking in the night.

Dogs barking are not unusual. It is however, unusual when they do not when they should.

I would suggest that Melody is not a problem. She is however, a symptom of the "palace coup" that took place a few years ago. I believe Franc had a few words on that subject some time ago.

In any event, I believe people should stop viewing Melody as the disease. She is just a visible sign of the infection.
For my part I have studiously avoided commenting on anyone's suitability for a job. As well as not knowing what she does or how good she is, it is not for me to decide that. Pushing disputes to meatspace is something I am heavily against. As long as we make our observations then the responsible parties can do with that what they wish. I won't play their game with their immoral rules of anything goes.

I am NOT commenting on what you said I just felt the need to say it as I like to bore you all.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking. Comradde I-can't-spelle-anything-correctly has a post up on (I kid you not) "English Usage Fuckeuppes"

Wow. Just....wow.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Spence wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Spence wrote:Tsk. Three pubes per ball.

You learned NOTHING

lol
I am afraid to ask.

Even scented nectar knows it's three pubes per ball, although that might be because we've had this discussion before.

If I can just invoke the "no true b3tan" fallacy, this is how it should be for puritans amongst us:
threevdickspluspubes.jpg
See here: http://b3ta.com/board/10927689 for the most recent example I could find on /board
Yes, I've heard of the rule that one should always draw at least a few pube hairs on penis drawings. But if you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, don't draw them all at the side edges only. That makes them look like penis shaped insects with the pube hairs as legs, 3 on each side. It would probably make Skepchickie's 'buggirl' faint.
:lol:

Hey, Watson's penis bird fails the 3 pube rule.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

[youtube]hkk9dblnH4k[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Sorry for no link, but he asks "Is there anything more painful than the use of "infer" to mean "imply"?..."

Um, yeah. Your writing. All of it. Or rather, "Alle of Itte"

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Badger3k wrote:Sorry for no link, but he asks "Is there anything more painful than the use of "infer" to mean "imply"?..."

When I first visited FTB and read Comradde Physio's blog my very first thought was: "this guy is an embarassment to FTB - why do they keep him around??"

I can't look at his blog without cringing. It hurts.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

welch wrote:
Rawrsome wrote:

How much planning do these conferences require once you have people booked? I would have thought it was book somewhere, get speakers, profit.
Actually, that is the easy part. It's the conference itself that is insanely busy.
In my experience it is usually someone relatively junior who does conference organising. The boss will approve a list of speakers and the PA or another office wonk will make all the calls

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Blimey - Sara Mayhew and Pitchgest are giving Melody Hensley merry hell on that Ben Radford blog. To the point that Melody's intimating she's about to flounce because she's finding it all very 'triggering'.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... r_it/P100/

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Badger3k wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:BTW, Opheliar has a another post up about Shermer because she still hasn't got over her BUTTHURT from last time.
Is Ophelia considered a liberal?

I noticed that in one of her recent posts, she writes about her hopes that Raphael Golb gets tortured in prison - by being forced to eat food full of weevils.

Mass murderer? :think:
Child killer? :think:
Rapist? :think:

...Err no...
He created sock puppets on the internet. :doh:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... to-prison/

http://i.imgur.com/S9m8tVA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4ZUkAKg.jpg

She has such a delightful turn of phrase, don't you think?
I saw that last night (for me) and, without knowing anything about the case, just dismissed it. It sounds like what he did went way beyond sockpuppeting and into, well, not sure. If it is harassment, then I could see a criminal case, maybe - is it civil or criminal? Same with, maybe, libel or fraud (the last is criminal IIRC). I wonder if she feels that people like Matt D should be prosecuted as well?

Yep, she did..some examples from her blog on it:

'This is what people are trying to do to all of us: put enough garbage out there that some of it will stick no matter how fraudulent it is.'

'Omigod. Yes, the way I “stalk” my harassers to correct their lies and protest their harassment. It’s not the same thing...'

If she avoided all the victim crap she may be worth reading although really it is nothing new.

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

another lurker wrote:
Badger3k wrote:Sorry for no link, but he asks "Is there anything more painful than the use of "infer" to mean "imply"?..."

When I first visited FTB and read Comradde Physio's blog my very first thought was: "this guy is an embarassment to FTB - why do they keep him around??"
The most credible theory seems to be that the 'proffe is blackmailing Peezus and Brayton.

"Nice website you've gotte there. It woulde be a pity-e if somethingge happenedde to itte."

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

:lol: @ Nanny Fee's latest blog entry, 'The National Stalking Clinic'.

If the old girl doesn't start leaving Michael Shermer alone, she's liable to end up there.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Some asshat is attempting to dox people. It started with A+ members and because I said it was not a good thing, the idiot is trying to dox me: https://twitter.com/IbecameCompton

First of all, I don't hide my information (at least not overly much) because I learned a long time ago that if someone really wants to find out my information, they can. Secondly, it seems IBecameCompton really sux at doxxing so I'm not overly worried. However, other people are. What sort of asshole thinks this is ok?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:Blimey - Sara Mayhew and Pitchgest are giving Melody Hensley merry hell on that Ben Radford blog. To the point that Melody's intimating she's about to flounce because she's finding it all very 'triggering'.

Well, their hypocrisy and backpedalling is exposed for all to see. I can't wait to see all the evidence that Wachs has for the misogyny here in the 'pit. Surely she will put it forth, just like all the others do. :whistle:

Somehow I think it will be ... "crickets" "crickets"

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Badger3k wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Blimey - Sara Mayhew and Pitchgest are giving Melody Hensley merry hell on that Ben Radford blog. To the point that Melody's intimating she's about to flounce because she's finding it all very 'triggering'.

Well, their hypocrisy and backpedalling is exposed for all to see. I can't wait to see all the evidence that Wachs has for the misogyny here in the 'pit. Surely she will put it forth, just like all the others do. :whistle:

Somehow I think it will be ... "crickets" "crickets"
I'm surprised she didn't say she's got binders full of chill girls.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

katamari Damassi wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:Sara Mayhew arguing with Jen McWrong on twitter...
Love this:
Sara E. Mayhew ‏@saramayhew
@jennifurret why not apply tools of skepticism and read w/o biased filter?

15h Jennifer McCreight ‏@jennifurret
@saramayhew hahahahaha what?

"hahahahaha what?" That pretty much sums up the Seattle Filly, don't you think?

"hahahahaha what?' belongs on a SurlyRamic(TM).
I feel sorry for Jenny. She tries to lob the grenades manufactured by other FtBers and they keep going off in her hand. Like the Coyote in the Road Runner cartoons.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Say what you like about Ellenbeth Wachs, I reckon she's bloody good entertainment!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/E0uVcCW.jpg

Let's see if Melody sticks the flounce. I don't think she will. After all, she keeps engaging in discussions with the people who are 'triggering' her.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:@Jack

Indeed. Given Sally's missive, I have to wonder where all these pitters are who are apparently baying for blood at the prospect of Sally attending the conference. Maybe it's all happening on the secret forum, or something.
I for one am stunned that Social Justice Sally is getting out from behind her computer screen and actually doing something in real life!
I wonder if she'll be bringing a pile of these with her.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laihl ... o1_500.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Okay, I asked for EllenBeth to pass on the screencaps of the supposed misogyny here at the 'Pit.

However, I think we should presume from the get-go that this is going to be from the feminist theory definition of misogyny, and not the dictionary definition which simply says "hatred of women." Feminist theory definition of misogyny describes it thus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny#Feminist_theory
In feminist theory,[clarification needed] misogyny is a negative attitude towards women as a group, and so need not fully determine a misogynist's attitude towards each individual woman. The fact that someone holds misogynist views may not prevent him or her from having positive relationships with some women. Conversely, simply having negative relationships with some women does not necessarily mean someone holds misogynistic views. The term, like most negative descriptions of attitudes, is applied to a wide variety of behaviors and attitudes.
The [clarification needed] is not mine, that's actually from Wikipedia. There's no real source to support the claim. Straight away, though, you can see that "misogyny" in feminist theory is very vague and doesn't provide a clear definition. In fact, that whole Wiki entry is a whole sleugh of unsupported by sources claims and contains this hilarity,
Traditional feminist theorists[who?] describe many different attitudes as misogyny. According to feminists,[who?] in its most overt expression, a misogynist will openly hate all women simply because they are female.
Who, indeed. So when EllenBeth accuses the Slymepit of having misogynistic rhetoric, I wonder.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Tigzy wrote:Say what you like about Ellenbeth Wachs, I reckon she's bloody good entertainment!
I find them kind of boring after a couple of comments. They are basically one-trick ponies or broken records. They keep repeating the same arguments over and over, hoping that people will get so sick of hearing it again and again that they just say "Ok, you win". I have to admit, that Ellenbeth Wachs doesn't pull a complete Ophie and make it about her, even if she did a partial with her 'swat raid" comment. I thought about asking her why she considers that issue of less importance than this one (ie, one is real, the other is manufactured), but I try to avoid entangling myself with idiots these days. I prefer to snipe from the sidelines.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Jan Steen wrote:
another lurker wrote:

The most credible theory seems to be that the 'proffe is blackmailing Peezus and Brayton.

"Nice website you've gotte there. It woulde be a pity-e if somethingge happenedde to itte."
Something like this?

Starts at 1.30

[youtube]cNZKUozrBl4[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Pitchguest wrote:Okay, I asked for EllenBeth to pass on the screencaps of the supposed misogyny here at the 'Pit.

However, I think we should presume from the get-go that this is going to be from the feminist theory definition of misogyny, and not the dictionary definition which simply says "hatred of women." Feminist theory definition of misogyny describes it thus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny#Feminist_theory
In feminist theory,[clarification needed] misogyny is a negative attitude towards women as a group, and so need not fully determine a misogynist's attitude towards each individual woman. The fact that someone holds misogynist views may not prevent him or her from having positive relationships with some women. Conversely, simply having negative relationships with some women does not necessarily mean someone holds misogynistic views. The term, like most negative descriptions of attitudes, is applied to a wide variety of behaviors and attitudes.
The [clarification needed] is not mine, that's actually from Wikipedia. There's no real source to support the claim. Straight away, though, you can see that "misogyny" in feminist theory is very vague and doesn't provide a clear definition. In fact, that whole Wiki entry is a whole sleugh of unsupported by sources claims and contains this hilarity,
Traditional feminist theorists[who?] describe many different attitudes as misogyny. According to feminists,[who?] in its most overt expression, a misogynist will openly hate all women simply because they are female.
Who, indeed. So when EllenBeth accuses the Slymepit of having misogynistic rhetoric, I wonder.
That definition sounds like asking a person to define "god" - it says everything and nothing at the same time. If there is no way of determining who is a misogynist, as that definition suggests, then what use is it? Am I reading it wrong, or is it saying "you can hate all women, but not some, or you can hate some women but not hate all"? How can you have a positive relationship with someone you hate? I have worked, sometimes real well, with people I could not stand (or actively hated) - by keeping as much as possible my personal feelings out of the job. I wouldn't call that a positive relationship, though, even if we got the job done.

Is this the hipster definition, or a pomo one, perhaps?

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Some asshat is attempting to dox people. It started with A+ members and because I said it was not a good thing, the idiot is trying to dox me: https://twitter.com/IbecameCompton

First of all, I don't hide my information (at least not overly much) because I learned a long time ago that if someone really wants to find out my information, they can. Secondly, it seems IBecameCompton really sux at doxxing so I'm not overly worried. However, other people are. What sort of asshole thinks this is ok?
If anyone has an account at A+/FtB is may be worth warning them.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

from Comrade Physioproffe's blog:
English Usage Fuckeuppes

Is there anything more painful than the use of “infer” to mean “imply”? When someone says, “My statement didn’t infer what you claim it did”, I want to murder a billion kittens to slake my uncontrollable rage.
To see this coming from that person, is just:
http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... dba2de.jpg

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Melody Hensley Melody Hensley ‏@MelodyHensley

@SpokesGay @blotzphoto Simon is running CFI event. He is coming home now to take me.
https://twitter.com/MelodyHensley/statu ... 8980950016

In previous tweets, Melody has complained of feeling ill and not being able to sleep.

What's the betting that this will be wound into a narrative of Melody being hounded out of the event?

My Mykeru-brand threat-narrative clown horn is hooting like an Owl on uppers at this development...

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Some asshat is attempting to dox people. It started with A+ members and because I said it was not a good thing, the idiot is trying to dox me: https://twitter.com/IbecameCompton

He only has 12 tweets, so it's not like he is a major asshole, just another kid trying to prove his dicks bigger than others by acting tough on the internet. Yeah, an asshole, but a minor one. I suppose if anyone calls, you can report it to the police or FBI (assuming it is across state lines) if it gets bad - with everything else you have, you don't need dicks like that trying to get to you (hmm, I wonder what people like Ellenbeth or Melody would say about this action?).

What to do?
Send him to Oolon's bot for auto blocking? Report him for spam? Block him as well?

I finally unprivated my own twitter so I could talk to a tech guy about a game (they are hard to contact). I'm not worried about any of this shit happening, and if I get removed, so what? I never use it anyway - I think I've made 3 or 4 tweets, most of which were not seen by anybody since I didn't know the private setting worked that way.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Jack wrote:

Well, I'd say tweet it, nut thanks to Oolon's majestic block-bot, they wouldn't see it anyway (irony!)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

16bitheretic wrote:from Comrade Physioproffe's blog:
English Usage Fuckeuppes

Is there anything more painful than the use of “infer” to mean “imply”? When someone says, “My statement didn’t infer what you claim it did”, I want to murder a billion kittens to slake my uncontrollable rage.
And yet the Official Narrative is that T-f00t was booted for being a bad writer.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Any idea what "IbecameCompton" is trying to achieve? I sent it a tweet asking why I was supposed to care.

DeepInsideYourMind

Post by DeepInsideYourMind »

Misogynist at Work! Vacula Tries to Harrass Melody Out of Job

Can already see the next posts at Skepchicks/FTB
#130 Justin Vacula (Guest) on Sunday February 17, 2013 at 2:22pm
Melody Hensley talks about how online discussions ‘trigger’ her. This is quite odd considering that she continues to engage in discussion with her detractors and even interacts with people on Twitter whom she blocks after she alleges they are harassing her. In the above comments, Melody interacts many many times.

This doesn’t sound like honesty or expected behavior from someone who just can’t handle discussions with her detractors. If it’s really so bad, one would expect Melody to never engage, right? Right?

She should step down from her position at CFI if she can’t deal with the public.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Jack wrote:

I do have a FTB/Wordpress account but when I checked it my real life info (real name and address) were not listed. I'm probably OK so long as I don't respond to any shady email right?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

16bitheretic wrote:from Comrade Physioproffe's blog:
English Usage Fuckeuppes

Also, Dickewaddddee, one slakes a THIRST, not a rage...

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So far, no screencaps from EllenBeth has arrived in my inbox.

Also, Renee, great you got the site working! The podcasts also has better sound--clearer, crisper--but the sound only comes in one ear. I heard you in my left, and AmbrosiaX in my right. It was weird. Not sure how you would go about to fixing that, though, so maybe not so great as constructive criticism. Anyway, it was a nice talk and I enjoyed it. Keep it up!

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/file ... e-time.gif

decius

Post by decius »

AndrewV69 wrote: I sent it a tweet asking why I was supposed to care.
Who are you on Twitter, if I may?

decius

Post by decius »

Pitchguest wrote: It was weird. Not sure how you would go about to fixing that, though, so maybe not so great as constructive criticism.
You add a stereo-separation filter to the master and rebalance the two channels, or convert to mono if it's too difficult, then reupload. Or just set the player on mono while listening.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Pitchguest wrote:So far, no screencaps from EllenBeth has arrived in my inbox.

Also, Renee, great you got the site working! The podcasts also has better sound--clearer, crisper--but the sound only comes in one ear. I heard you in my left, and AmbrosiaX in my right. It was weird. Not sure how you would go about to fixing that, though, so maybe not so great as constructive criticism. Anyway, it was a nice talk and I enjoyed it. Keep it up!

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/file ... e-time.gif
It comes in both ears for me although there is a slight difference which gives position.

KenD

Post by KenD »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
then he gushes about meeting an extreme puritanical radical feminist like Kate Smurthwaite
I disagree. I wouldn't say she's puritanical or radical, even. I certainly don't see her sharing the same insane views as Marcotte, Hensley and McWrong.
Did you follow the links in my post?

She describes herself as a Marxist radical feminist. And if picketing the funeral of an ex-escort to protest against prostitution, fundraising for a campaign to ban pornography, and lobbying for the closure of sex shops and strip clubs doesn't make someone puritanical, what the fuck does?

Apart from Taslima Nasrin, I don't think there's anyone among the FTB crowd with views as extreme as Smurthwaite's.