Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Old subthreads
BarnOwl

Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by BarnOwl »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:
I lived in Tooting for one of the three years I was in London (Clapham/Battersea for the other two). In the summer we'd cycle over to the Tooting Bec Lido for a swim - it is awesome, highly recommended! I remember reading somewhere that "Bec" refers to a small brook or stream.
Used to live just off Ambleside Ave near Tooting Common myself. Can't say I swam in the Lido, but I used to jog around the common quite a bit. Richmond Park was the Park to visit. If only I'd had the readies to live down that way. Tooting Common gave me a bit of a complex because I was always being propositioned by prostitutes. Maybe I'm just creepy looking!
We were on Salterford Rd, and I jogged around Tooting Common as well. A friend from work and I used to horses at Ham Polo Club in Richmond Park, mostly cantering on bridle paths and across greens. It made me insanely happy. I learned to ride at a school in Epping Forest, so that's perhaps my favorite park in London because I know it the best, but I love Hampstead Heath too. Oftentimes I really miss living in a great city like London, and the UK in general.
Last edited by Lsuoma on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changing topic title

BarnOwl

Re: The Periodic Table's Younger, Sexier, Sibling Thread...

Post by BarnOwl »

used to horses ---> used to ride horses

:roll:

:mrgreen:

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

A little organisation to give him the cold shoulder? Done this before, has he?

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

rayshul wrote:Pharyngula isn't intimidating. It is repulsive. :)

But I wouldn't go anywhere they didn't treat me like a normal human being.

I am interested in the anecdote about Louis and his wife and the real estate agent which someone else related. Now I'm basing this entire on the anecdote as it was related, so it may not be a realistic picture of the situation... but this is a perfect example of the kind of people I find horrifying. This is the "I am so saddd wahhh there was so much misogynyyyyy and I am going to whine about it on the internetzzzz because that's soooo helpfulllll."

]Why in fuck's name do people not ask why something is happening? Why would you claim somethign is a sign of misogyny if you have no idea what has prompted someone to act in that way? If you are being treated in a way you don't like, why don't you say anything?

I've read so many blog posts by sad womenz who are like, WHY DID THIS MAN NOT LET ME PLAY MAH VIDEO GAME or WHY DID THE MEN NOT LISTEN TO MY IDEAZ. This is shit that NEVER happpens to me, even when I am the youngest person in the room, or the lowest ranked, or the only woman, or the only brown person. BECAUSE if it did happen, I would not accept it. Because I am a person who should be fucking respected and listened to and if someone fails to do it, then THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY MADE A SILLY MISTAKE that MUST BE RECITIFIED.

Sweet mother of fuck I despise this mentality. I hate it. It's so fucking... weak. You cannot help people like that.
That was me remembering something Louis said on one of the conversational threads, Thunderdome, or the other "nice" one. I think it was the "nice" one, I forget what they call it. About 4-5 months ago. It was just an aside from Louis, not a long conversation. I only remember it for the reason I gave. To be fair, he has described his wife as just the person you describe yourself to be, not taking shit from anyone. Apparently she decked a guy in a pub once who grabbed her ass. Anyways.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Pitchguest wrote:A little organisation to give him the cold shoulder? Done this before, has he?
FUCK HIM INTO THE GROUND!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

rayshul wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:A little organisation to give him the cold shoulder? Done this before, has he?
FUCK HIM INTO THE GROUND!
Haha, brilliant. :lol:

--

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424976
Adding my THANKS to Ophelia!

Your writing has helped make me a better human being.
Woo_Monster, Sniffer of Starfarts.

I call bullshit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Split thread to reduce slowdown. Going to rename (if I can figure out how).

Metalogic42

Re: Slyme Pit Orgy, Sponsored by Vicky's Bewbs

Post by Metalogic42 »

hjhornbeck wrote:I’d like Vacula to track down someone threatening to toss acid on another person in a forum devoted to needlepoint. He did say this happens “on any given issue,” after all.
Link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424988

Here's an interesting thread (hardy har har): http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64234

Some quotes:

On page 2, "As to the design that is locked in a secret room where membership can not see it, what's the big deal if it isn't available to general membership then it shouldn't be seen as threat or violation of any rules. and if it is is in a secret room how then did you get proof? The only Secret room I know of is on the forum owned by the mods here, kind of like a cave if you will! " (sound familiar?)

On page 5, "The threats can still be seen on the forum. Look under Cajun's heading. See all the posts about when are you going to answer and we will keep this up and so on....those are considered harrassment and threats."

On page 6, "I want for the record to show, that I did receive ONE Warning, I stepped down after that warning, I was still banned 4 days later , I was alos accused of making threats, however I explained that those words were taken out of contex and were not intended to be viewed as a threat. I never recieved an apology for being falsy accussed of something I did not do, and I broke no rules to warrent getting banned. "

On page 7, "Sorry, but the three people that I have seen showing the most disrespect to anyone here on SF ever have posted in this thread. They are remarkable similar in their manerisms. Boodog, jeannine and bubby602004 have been repeatedly nasty and have called people names and have been just about bad as possible. Here in Az we call folks like that p o o p stirrers, they LIKE to see how much ruckus they can raise and not actually step in it themselves.
If SF continues to allow them to say whatever they want, then how on earth can SF ever expect anyone else to be kind and polite in their dealings with others? Seems kind of odd to me that these three are allowed to say whatever their minds come up with without any kind of consequences.
These three give me the heebie jeebies, their behaviour is very creepy if you ask me. Who will they turn on next?"

"Yes, maybe the Administrators and Moderators made some bad judgements. Maybe that comes from being so frustrated from dealing with this same group of people for several years who periodically come on this Forum, place demands on us, threaten lawsuits if we don't comply, send me emails addressed to "Hitler", etc. Many of them have been banned after repeated warnings over the past few years for their rudeness to members of this Forum and Moderators. "

It's not acid per se, but it's pretty much all the same bullshit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Renee - say thanks to Dogfish Head. I just bumped you again...

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Quote by Metalogic42 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm • [Post 5617]
I can see what you're talking about with the bolded items, but the analogies to the unbolded ones escape me. Can you clarify?
I'll just give a few examples.
Sexual Taboos.
Sex whilst either partner has imbibed ethanol is prohibited.
The concept of Spiritual Contamination.
Anyone who has had even electronic contact with the Slymepit is considered contaminated.
Ritual flesh eating.
They have a resident cannibal.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Fuck me, biggest donation so far. Thanks very much, you beautiful cunt! You know who you are, I'm sure, but if it's not clear, you fucking convict, PM me and I'll thank you on the super secret back passage channel...

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

What happened? I'm somewhere else!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cunning Punt wrote:What happened? I'm somewhere else!
A lot happened. Since when?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Cunning Punt wrote:
rayshul wrote:Pharyngula isn't intimidating. It is repulsive. :)

But I wouldn't go anywhere they didn't treat me like a normal human being.

I am interested in the anecdote about Louis and his wife and the real estate agent which someone else related. Now I'm basing this entire on the anecdote as it was related, so it may not be a realistic picture of the situation... but this is a perfect example of the kind of people I find horrifying. This is the "I am so saddd wahhh there was so much misogynyyyyy and I am going to whine about it on the internetzzzz because that's soooo helpfulllll."

]Why in fuck's name do people not ask why something is happening? Why would you claim somethign is a sign of misogyny if you have no idea what has prompted someone to act in that way? If you are being treated in a way you don't like, why don't you say anything?

I've read so many blog posts by sad womenz who are like, WHY DID THIS MAN NOT LET ME PLAY MAH VIDEO GAME or WHY DID THE MEN NOT LISTEN TO MY IDEAZ. This is shit that NEVER happpens to me, even when I am the youngest person in the room, or the lowest ranked, or the only woman, or the only brown person. BECAUSE if it did happen, I would not accept it. Because I am a person who should be fucking respected and listened to and if someone fails to do it, then THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY MADE A SILLY MISTAKE that MUST BE RECITIFIED.

Sweet mother of fuck I despise this mentality. I hate it. It's so fucking... weak. You cannot help people like that.
That was me remembering something Louis said on one of the conversational threads, Thunderdome, or the other "nice" one. I think it was the "nice" one, I forget what they call it. About 4-5 months ago. It was just an aside from Louis, not a long conversation. I only remember it for the reason I gave. To be fair, he has described his wife as just the person you describe yourself to be, not taking shit from anyone. Apparently she decked a guy in a pub once who grabbed her ass. Anyways.
Yeah, I was trying to make it clear it was the anecdote as related which reminded me of the sad womenz posts I'd seen all around the place - not necessarily the reality of the situation for Louis and his wife - and the fact that they drive me completely insane.

I do take shit. :) I'd certainly take an ass grab, I'm not sure I'd give much of a shit about that. But anything that involves money or business or both is quite different!

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

robinfoxheart.png
(35.75 KiB) Downloaded 1259 times
No, you're right, she didn't approach JREF with security concerns because of polite dissent. You're absolutely right. She approached JREF with security concerns because she received an email from a paranoid sycophant of hers saying she might be "targeted", then she said the JREF dismissed her concerns in a "sorry, kthxbye" sort of manner (but has not, to this day, revealed the contents of that exchange) and then pulled out of TAM.

Seriously, I can't make my mind up which is the bigger liar. PZ Myers or Ophelia Benson. I was thinking earlier of suggesting Lsuoma to remodel :liar: to :pzmyers: but they're equally full of shit.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Lsuoma wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:What happened? I'm somewhere else!
A lot happened. Since when?
Since I was catching up on the last page of drama. It's alright. I know where I am now.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Michael K Gray wrote:Quote by Metalogic42 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm • [Post 5617]
I can see what you're talking about with the bolded items, but the analogies to the unbolded ones escape me. Can you clarify?
I'll just give a few examples.
Sexual Taboos.
Sex whilst either partner has imbibed ethanol is prohibited.
The concept of Spiritual Contamination.
Anyone who has had even electronic contact with the Slymepit is considered contaminated.
Ritual flesh eating.
They have a resident cannibal.
Ah, that clears things up. Thanks.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Pitchguest wrote:
robinfoxheart.png
No, you're right, she didn't approach JREF with security concerns because of polite dissent. You're absolutely right. She approached JREF with security concerns because she received an email from a paranoid sycophant of hers saying she might be "targeted", then she said the JREF dismissed her concerns in a "sorry, kthxbye" sort of manner (but has not, to this day, revealed the contents of that exchange) and then pulled out of TAM.

Seriously, I can't make my mind up which is the bigger liar. PZ Myers or Ophelia Benson. I was thinking earlier of suggesting Lsuoma to remodel :liar: to :pzmyers: but they're equally full of shit.
Where is this exchange happening? Isn't Vacula banned from FTB?

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

I was going to say something, but the thread locked halfway through. And I forgot what I was going to say.

FOR A SECOND, I THOUGHT OPHELIA HAD LOCKED THE SLYMEPIT.

OPHELIAAAAA!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Ophelia Benson, one of the speakers at the upcoming Women in Secularism 2 conference, linking to an article about people who inspire others to commit acts of terror (such as Osama Bin Laden) in a blog post linking the fundraiser to help send me to Women in Secularism 2, wrote, presumably about me and those I associate with, "Josh sent me this link, which is very relevant. It's what these people do -- stochastic terrorism."

[youtube]BdCnl-ImFM0[/youtube]

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

So thanks to Abbie Smith's passing reference this morning of Contagion along with a bunch of other movies about viruses that I had seen, I sat down and watched Contagion.

Now I want to restock my 3 day earthquake supply kit....

And buy a shotgun.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2013 ... ularism-2/
You are not a mind reader, Ellenbeth, you can barely manage your own.
Love it!

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Lsuoma wrote:wanted to apologize
It's all good man. I have no qualms about it.
I got my AdSense account close for alleged click fraud with a couple of hundred $$$ due me, and if it was running today I'd be grabbing somewhere between $4-500/day based on views
Yeah, that fucking sucks. That would piss me right the fuck off.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Melody Hensley:
melodyimplicitthreats.jpg
(77.01 KiB) Downloaded 1145 times
Oh, blow it out your arse, Melody. Your implicit threats to Mykeru is not an example of cyberstalking? Go back to trading wankvolleys with your slave, you imbecile.

"However, I do not have the authority to decide who does or does not attend the conference."

Nor should you. And if you show any tendencies on the contrary in an attempt to influence that decision, we'll take it straight to your superiors. I've had enough of you and your shit. You and EllenBeth both. You do not get to make implicit threats and get away with it.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424948

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Louis wrote:Oh and I'm not with the Horde on everything. No one in the Horde is with the Horde on everything
The Horde!?

Ahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..., sweet jebus..., the "Horde." Woooooooooooooooooooh spooooky! Quick run and hide before the "horde" come get you!

There is no "horde," that's an absurd invention by an infantile clown given to delusions of grandeur, the same empty bombastic drivel that births vain stupidity like the ban-hammer; as if a mere click of a mouse is some mighty weapon of yore that strikes fear into the hearts of lesser mortals. A delusion that a shower of gibbering, capering snots eagerly buy into to please the master in the hope some crumbs of gratitude / acknowledgment might be swept in their direction.

How far up your own backside must you crawl to come to a point where you delude yourself that largely unconnected commenters to a blog are really some terrible force worthy of the appellation 'horde?' Let the strutting peacock who keeps cloaking himself in the trappings of some mighty lord of hosts make a fool of themselves, but don't encourage or partake of the make-believe.

Oh and how precious, they award themselves silly badges of honour..., what is this, grade school, is there passwords, a fucking clubhouse on some abandoned ground with an old musty shipping container!?

There is no "horde," just internet losers who feel so impotent they must assume grandiose titles to puff themselves up, to try and convince themselves that they're not afraid of the dark, to compensate for not being the better people they wish they were; fucking pathetic.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
robinfoxheart.png

Where is this exchange happening? Isn't Vacula banned from FTB?
Justin's facebook page.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Darth Cynic wrote:
Louis wrote:Oh and I'm not with the Horde on everything. No one in the Horde is with the Horde on everything
The Horde!?

Ahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..., sweet jebus..., the "Horde." Woooooooooooooooooooh spooooky! Quick run and hide before the "horde" come get you!

There is no "horde," that's an absurd invention by an infantile clown given to delusions of grandeur, the same empty bombastic drivel that births vain stupidity like the ban-hammer; as if a mere click of a mouse is some mighty weapon of yore that strikes fear into the hearts of lesser mortals. A delusion that a shower of gibbering, capering snots eagerly buy into to please the master in the hope some crumbs of gratitude / acknowledgment might be swept in their direction.

How far up your own backside must you crawl to come to a point where you delude yourself that largely unconnected commenters to a blog are really some terrible force worthy of the appellation 'horde?' Let the strutting peacock who keeps cloaking himself in the trappings of some mighty lord of hosts make a fool of themselves, but don't encourage or partake of the make-believe.

Oh and how precious, they award themselves silly badges of honour..., what is this, grade school, is there passwords, a fucking clubhouse on some abandoned ground with an old musty shipping container!?

There is no "horde," just internet losers who feel so impotent they must assume grandiose titles to puff themselves up, to try and convince themselves that they're not afraid of the dark, to compensate for not being the better people they wish they were; fucking pathetic.
Maybe we can create our own He-Man's club and talk about icky girls and cooties. I call dibs on the top bunk!

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Wait... so Ophelia's accused Justin (and I think all of us) of being stochastic terrorists.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/01/1 ... e-shooters

If we're going to go overboard and accuse people of that kind of thing, surely it's the people who are saying violence and harassment are already occurring at such a huge rate that are the ones trying to incite people...?

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

*violent threats

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

I have a post on the subreddit asking a question of the slymepit:
AnonForSenate wrote: [spoiler]About seven years ago when I was doing my undergrad I was somewhat involved in the Atheist/Skeptic movement. Those were good times to be an atheist. The God Delusion came out, Rational Response Squad had their "denying the holy spirit" campaign and CFI started renting a building in my city.

You could call me someone who kept up with the goings on, read Skeptic Magazine and tried to talk to people about Atheism and Scepticism. It wasn't a big deal it was just what I was doing.

I eventually stopped paying attention to what was going on in Skepticism because there is only so many Sasquatch debunkings you can read in Skeptic or listen to on Skeptoid before you got the jist of it and move on. Also most people I knew were either already atheist, apathetic, or the reasonable kind of religious; eventually banging a hardcore atheist drum started to feel bad.

So it's been sevenish years and I stumbled upon this place: The Slyme Pit.

W T F.

Every thing I read makes me want to tare my hair out. People equating a pass to a woman in an elevator, by the Bad Astronomer Phil Plait, to "potential sexual assault." here the multiple dust-ups between Dawkins and others. Thunderf00t's sniping videos. Etc.. has made me really think "what the fuck did I miss?"

I've always considered skepticism an important tool to carry with you in life. But given how silly and pathetic things have gotten I kinda wonder if it's still okay to call oneself an atheist or a skeptic. I don't want to be associated with non-sense.

Can someone tl;dr the past little while for me? Is this just a case of debunking UFO's becoming boring so now we're all picking a fight for no good reason?

Personally I think I'm, mostly, on this side. I think equality under the law for all people is important and we should be aware and scrutinize our own biases and society's. But the lynchpin that makes knowledge advance is a bare-knuckle brawl in the marketplace of ideas. And if you cry over a T-Shirt I kinda wonder if you're all there in the head.

Anyways, just wondering WTF. And I kinda think that all you nerds let me down : /

WTF![/spoiler]
Before I respond myself with my own view, does anyone want to post a response here which I can then repost to him in the subreddit?

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Wait... they're having an evolutionary psychologist from RDFRS at Women in Secularism 2.

... and Rebecca Watson.

http://www.womeninsecularism.org

I WANT A TICKET NOW.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

@aweraw:

"Several attention-seeking individuals realized that with the skeptic community's focus on the "same old shit", it would be really easy to co-opt the movement with their own attention-seeking concerns. No one noticed until it had already started. For more information, join the awesome people fighting it at the slymepit."

Darth Cynic

Post by Darth Cynic »

Pitchguest wrote:Maybe we can create our own He-Man's club and talk about icky girls and cooties. I call dibs on the top bunk!
Then we can go hit random unsuspecting folks in a completely immaterial manner, think it's called pharyngulating or something thick like that.

agarybuseychristmas

Post by agarybuseychristmas »

"Is a safe space for everyone"

Yes, sure, as long as you tout the party line and don't go all CRAZY MRA or SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE on them.

agarybuseychristmas

Post by agarybuseychristmas »

rocko2466 wrote:Wait... they're having an evolutionary psychologist from RDFRS at Women in Secularism 2.

... and Rebecca Watson.

http://www.womeninsecularism.org

I WANT A TICKET NOW.
I had a beer with Sean Faircloth a while back. I cannot believe he'd actually allow this.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ameraw wrote:Before I respond myself with my own view, does anyone want to post a response here which I can then repost to him in the subreddit?
Not sure what there is to add. Since I agree with most of it (how it's just a long line of WTF), then it just be a lot of preaching to the choir. To the question of what did you miss? Answer: a lot. And to be quite frank, I was happier before this shit came to light. I will say this, though: if I ever find myself in the situation where I weep loudly over some apparel with words on it, that would be where I'd throw in the towel.

I'm going to keep reading the Slymepit, though. I was beginning to wonder if I was insane. Turns out, not everyone believes in rape culture and the patriarchy after all and thank fuck for that. Hope this shit blows over soon.

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Metalogic42 wrote:[spoiler]@aweraw:

"Several attention-seeking individuals realized that with the skeptic community's focus on the "same old shit", it would be really easy to co-opt the movement with their own attention-seeking concerns. No one noticed until it had already started. For more information, join the awesome people fighting it at the slymepit."[/spoiler]
Awesome, cheers. I'll bring back any responses...

Mzone

Post by Mzone »

Looks like Greg Laden has been stretching the truth again and has gotten himself in a little bit of hot water. Of course once someone calls him out on it, he responds with "Finally, why is a skeptic defending a science denier? RU one of the rapeapologists and so you must disagree cuz it's me?"!

Really is that his response to everyone who thinks he is full of :hankey: ?

http://storify.com/Kieran_Madden/conver ... -and-kiera

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/18/r ... reg-laden/

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/16/greg-laden-liar/

Mzone

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Pitchguest wrote:[spoiler]
ameraw wrote:Before I respond myself with my own view, does anyone want to post a response here which I can then repost to him in the subreddit?
Not sure what there is to add. Since I agree with most of it (how it's just a long line of WTF), then it just be a lot of preaching to the choir. To the question of what did you miss? Answer: a lot. And to be quite frank, I was happier before this shit came to light. I will say this, though: if I ever find myself in the situation where I weep loudly over some apparel with words on it, that would be where I'd throw in the towel.

I'm going to keep reading the Slymepit, though. I was beginning to wonder if I was insane. Turns out, not everyone believes in rape culture and the patriarchy after all and thank fuck for that. Hope this shit blows over soon.[/spoiler]
Sent.

nippletwister

Post by nippletwister »

Jan Steen:
Louis didn't get it. He thinks it’s about arguments. No, ultimately it’s not. What bugs us, or makes us laugh, is the lying, the bullying, the slandering, the misrepresentation, the intellectual dishonesty, the flawed scepticism, in short, the cult-like behaviour, that is on display by the likes of PZ Myers, Ophelia Benson, Rebecca Watson and many members of their commentariat. That's what keeps us going.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Although I'll go one further...these idiots (most of FTB, Skepchicks, A+ supporters) could lie and cry and be the idiots they love being, if they weren't also engaged in a fairly obvious campaign to slander and misrepresent everyone who disagrees with them, and more or less control the conference scene and who gets to speak at them, and who can be employed by secularist organizations. As it stands, their idiocy and hatred is starting to do damage to causes that I have supported for years, and turning it into nothing but a walled off group of idiot utopians who shit on everyone who doesn't share the glorious vision.

The modern internet versions of feminism and social justice activism are nothing short of hate groups filled with the most privileged, spoiled, rage-loving children I can imagine, and used by cynical people to gather up their own privilege and status. It's fucking obscene. But I would still leave them alone, if only they weren't shitting in the fucking living room, then having the nerve to demand praise and power for it.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

PZ Myers wrote:Maybe if we made it Gun Appreciation Month these idiots would end up exterminating themselves. (link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ation-day/)
OMG! Guys! PZ Myers is making threats against gun owners!!!!

[spoiler]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 210505.jpg[/spoiler]

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Julian openly dissents on Ophelia's blog:

(and, huh, what's with the SIN crowd being horrible)

http://i.imgur.com/t1WbuRi.jpg

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

@justinvacula:

What is the SIN crowd? A new name for us or something?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424977
hjhornbeck wrote:
Renee Hendricks Yeah. No pass on this one, Ophelia. You made this horrible incident about you.
I find this sentiment fascinating. The topic was originally a tweet someone made to Benson, and yet here’s someone criticizing Benson for making it all about her.

That broke my brain a little.
Proof how gullible these simpletons are: exhibit #(n)

Incidentally, hornbeck, you silly sod, the topic was not originally about Conlon's tweet and incidentally we have it documented here on the 'pit. But if you only look at one side, you only get the one side.

In order to break a brain, you must first be in posession of one. /zen

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

justinvacula wrote:Julian openly dissents on Ophelia's blog:

(and, huh, what's with the SIN crowd being horrible)

http://i.imgur.com/t1WbuRi.jpg
Between this and the recent a+ posts, it sounds like Julian is experiencing some cognitive dissonance. Keep on thinking, Julian. You're almost there.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Metalogic42 wrote:@justinvacula:

ScepticINk

SIN.

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Pitchguest wrote:

ScepticINk

SIN.
Derp. This is what happens when I'm overtired. :lol:

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Mzone wrote:Looks like Greg Laden has been stretching the truth again and has gotten himself in a little bit of hot water. Of course once someone calls him out on it, he responds with "Finally, why is a skeptic defending a science denier? RU one of the rapeapologists and so you must disagree cuz it's me?"!

Really is that his response to everyone who thinks he is full of :hankey: ?

http://storify.com/Kieran_Madden/conver ... -and-kiera

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/18/r ... reg-laden/

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/01/16/greg-laden-liar/

Mzone
I never am sure quite what shocks me more.

How juvenile "adults" can be?
The wonderful and completely undeserved reputations some people have.
The terrible lies (terrible in the obviousness of the lie) these people will tell
The support these folks get from other self-claimed adults

(Or in comparison, how shitty my life is)

Anyway, should Nat Geo cancel out Laden, it will be interesting to see what happens at FTB where other theories floated here are that they want to get Laden back.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Pitchguest wrote:

ScepticINk

SIN.
Well ,isn't that just a creative acronym? Why didn't they make it SKIN? that would make more sense. I guess they had to slur it out to make it sound more Ebil. Sin=bad. And these people call themselves sceptics? Phah.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Can't spell Watts' blog right even with the help of a screencap. Can't spell the name of his book right even though he wrote it. Have to hand it to him, you can't make the case for an epic fail better than Laden can. Even though I disagree with most, if not all, of what Watts says, the fact that even he can serve Laden on a platter speaks volumes.

I think Laden's commitment to his stupidity deserves props. A round of applause. :clap:

Sadly, somewhere a village is missing its idiot.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

Metalogic42 wrote:
PZ Myers wrote:Maybe if we made it Gun Appreciation Month these idiots would end up exterminating themselves. (link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ation-day/)
OMG! Guys! PZ Myers is making threats against gun owners!!!!

[spoiler]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 210505.jpg[/spoiler]
I wonder how distressing it will be to someone like PZ when, in the very near future, 3D printing technology will make gun control legislation as useless as music piracy legislation.
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1456 ... rinted-gun

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Skeptic
Ink
Network

I think.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

It is another angle on the COS crowd.
Why? Just 'cos.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

rayshul wrote:Skeptic
Ink
Network

I think.
That. . . makes much more sense. I'm an idiot. :doh:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Pitchguest wrote:Melody Hensley:
melodyimplicitthreats.jpg
Oh, blow it out your arse, Melody. Your implicit threats to Mykeru is not an example of cyberstalking? Go back to trading wankvolleys with your slave, you imbecile.

"However, I do not have the authority to decide who does or does not attend the conference."

Nor should you. And if you show any tendencies on the contrary in an attempt to influence that decision, we'll take it straight to your superiors. I've had enough of you and your shit. You and EllenBeth both. You do not get to make implicit threats and get away with it.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-424948

I've already e-mailed Ron about this. If they want to alienate longtime supporters and major donors of CFI, this is their chance to do so. Side with the blacklisters and henceforth all my moral support and monetary contributions will go to other causes.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Pitchguest wrote:
Ink
Network

I think.
Yeah, what he said.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

To EEB:

Give up, give up, give up! Please, just give - up. I think the atheist/sceptic community would actually become stronger for it. If you're thinking of giving it up, please do. Don't worry. We can pick up the pieces.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

Pitchguest wrote:
Ink
Network

I think.
Well, we already knew that, Pitchguest. The first step to a cure is acknowledging that you have a problem.