Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
AndrewV69

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by AndrewV69 »

Yep,

I tried pointing this out to various individuals.

Last example was in response to a line Cathy Young made :
I don’t want to validate far-right claims that the failures and biases of the “MSM” justify treating Alex Jones, swollen testicle expert Nikki Minaj, ivermectin-peddling YouTubers, or 2020 election truthers as every bit as credible (if not more so) than CNN or The New York Times. But this kind of evasion of inconvenient facts really does undermine trust in professional journalism. Facts, not narratives, folks. Otherwise, people who’ve got their own narratives will steal the momentum.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Service Dog wrote: I'm open to criticism & hope it will correct & improve my understanding. But some criticisms of me are simply, proveably Not Accurate.
I have offered support for you before and I am doing it again. I am at a loss as to the adamant vitriol that is directed your way at points. I have been reading here a very long time and have seen posters come and go. Heck, I know Brive ran off a few just on his lonesome. I don’t even really understand how his ‘ethno’ dabbling could ever be considered offensive enough to make those posters leave, but they did.

I don’t know why people get their jimmies rustled to the extent that they think their voice can’t be seen participating here. I also don’t understand why some posters can be viewed as having ideas opinions that are beyond the pale. I see you as someone trying to find signal in a very noisy environment.

One possible theory that has crossed my mind is confirmation bias. We don’t want information that doesn’t support our beliefs, but that seems to fall short of what I think this group seems to be able to look at and do.

The other theory is that everything is pointing to a dramatic shift in our world, and we are scared and so lash out. I know I have a lot of insecurities about the future.

Maybe it just a culmination of one too many ‘conspiracies’ that you looked too long at (not dismissing fast enough) over the years adding up to someone who they don’t trust. I just don’t really know and I can’t figure it out by reading what others post.

I feel like I am trying to be a mediator, so now I will fuck off.

John D

Post by John D »

Stankeye wrote:
Service Dog wrote: I'm open to criticism & hope it will correct & improve my understanding. But some criticisms of me are simply, proveably Not Accurate.
I have offered support for you before and I am doing it again. I am at a loss as to the adamant vitriol that is directed your way at points. I have been reading here a very long time and have seen posters come and go. Heck, I know Brive ran off a few just on his lonesome. I don’t even really understand how his ‘ethno’ dabbling could ever be considered offensive enough to make those posters leave, but they did.
Yeah... don't know why the Tit has a stick in their ass. It's annoying to me... scrolling past a bunch of tit-for-tat silliness. At the same time, Dog should just tell the Tit to fuck off... but I guess this already happened.

But... in the best pyt tradition... youall can just fuck off!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Yes yes. Population has grown. There's always an absolute vs proportional choice of metrics.

Still. No wonder it's important to deny the scale of COVID.

John D

Post by John D »

Of all the shit that is going on in the world the lead story is some cute white bitch who got killed by her boyfriend. Really? WTF. All the news reports started with this fucking story.... A-block! Okay.... so.... poor bitch got killed by her boyfriend. Sucks and all. They will try to catch the guy and put him on trial. yawn.

I don't know why this is even interesting. I skipped all the reporting on this and watched the next story. My wife was pissed at me. She somehow thinks this is news. I am thinking.... yeah... this happens a few times a year. In fact... spouses and lovers make up most of the murders in the country. How is this news? So... my reply to my wife is..."So some cute white bitch gets killed and this is the biggest story in America?....WTF!" "Did you know that they are going after a Clinton sponsored lawyer who lied to the FBI about the Trump Russia accusation.... it was a total lie!" She is like.... yawn.

Haha.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Stankeye wrote: I feel like I am trying to be a mediator
Not worth the effort.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110955/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Of all the shit that is going on in the world the lead story is some cute white bitch who got killed by her boyfriend. Really? WTF. All the news reports started with this fucking story.... A-block! Okay.... so.... poor bitch got killed by her boyfriend. Sucks and all. They will try to catch the guy and put him on trial. yawn.

I don't know why this is even interesting. I skipped all the reporting on this and watched the next story. My wife was pissed at me. She somehow thinks this is news. I am thinking.... yeah... this happens a few times a year. In fact... spouses and lovers make up most of the murders in the country. How is this news? So... my reply to my wife is..."So some cute white bitch gets killed and this is the biggest story in America?....WTF!" "Did you know that they are going after a Clinton sponsored lawyer who lied to the FBI about the Trump Russia accusation.... it was a total lie!" She is like.... yawn.

Haha.
Missing person/unsolved murders is a bit of a hobby of mine, and I have a friend with whom I discuss them at length. The 'true crime' community is a bit odd -- a lot of lonely ladies -- and they really emotionally identify with the individuals. Lots of prayers for the safe return of someone whose corpse has long since been scavenged. Most of them are also as dumb as a box of rocks and jump to the most ridiculous conclusions.

I find these cases fascinating because I'm a student of human behavior, especially aberrant -- having stuck my dick into crazy far too many times.

Both these young people had mental health issues, but he is seriously distant -- can't tell whether it's schizophrenia or NPD or what. In any case, he was terribly domineering, and she seemed a nice yet fragile, unstable young lady. She's dead now, and he's on the lam, his family having pulled the same maneuver the Kennedy's do whenever one of their clan rapes or murders a young woman.

Prima facie, this case might not seem of import, but it's the manifestation of a whole lotta wrong with our society and especially where our young people are today.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Missing person/unsolved murders is a bit of a hobby of mine, and I have a friend with whom I discuss them at length.
Y'all need Nick Cave.

("Murder Ballads" is a work of art!)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Uh-oh, I think there's a shit-storm on the horizon. The wording of this tweet is causing quite a kerfuffle!

Keating

Post by Keating »

Looks more cringe than kerfuffle

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:22 pm
Yep,

I tried pointing this out to various individuals.

Last example was in response to a line Cathy Young made :
I don’t want to validate far-right claims that the failures and biases of the “MSM” justify treating Alex Jones, swollen testicle expert Nikki Minaj, ivermectin-peddling YouTubers, or 2020 election truthers as every bit as credible (if not more so) than CNN or The New York Times. But this kind of evasion of inconvenient facts really does undermine trust in professional journalism. Facts, not narratives, folks. Otherwise, people who’ve got their own narratives will steal the momentum.
Standard caveat, annoying as fuck. Why don't you want to validate those claims Cathy? Are they substantively true or not? What is more dishonest, pointing out the perceived (at the very least) institutional bias against relatively harmless Ivermectin use or calling medically prescribed Ivermectin "horse dewormer" ? These are people who lied for years in concert with the CIA, FBI and Democratic Party and have never acknowledged or even corrected their lies. I see no evidence that there is widespread acceptance of the extent of the criminality and corruption that has taken place to negate Trump. The system is now so corrupt that a general can boast about colluding with Nancy Pelosi to undermine a President's control of the armed forces, using media distortions about the president as justification, and be lauded as a hero.

ThreeFlangedJavis

John D wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:36 pm
Stankeye wrote:
Yeah... don't know why the Tit has a stick in their ass. It's annoying to me... scrolling past a bunch of tit-for-tat silliness. At the same time, Dog should just tell the Tit to fuck off... but I guess this already happened.

It's quite understandable that as the focus shifted from the initial reason for the Pyt's existence fractures appeared and people dropped away because of the phenomenon described in the article Matt just linked. I don't want to have a go at Lsuoma's politics because he doesn't tend to post too much political stuff and I don't really know what he thinks, but I was quite taken aback when he called Victor Davis Hanson a racist a while back. I wasn't sure if it was a serious comment or some kind of in joke but it certainly struck me as a very surprising accusation. Truth is we really don't know too much about each other beyond the fact that we hate SJWism.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Yes yes. Population has grown. There's always an absolute vs proportional choice of metrics.

What percentage the world's population were active or secondary participant's in each of those wars?

450 thousand deaths in WW2? Somebody is taking the piss.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Stankeye wrote: Maybe it just a culmination of one too many ‘conspiracies’ that you looked too long at (not dismissing fast enough) over the years adding up to someone who they don’t trust. I just don’t really know and I can’t figure it out by reading what others post.
I used-to attend Game Conventions, where boardgame, card game, and rpg fans would play & socialize. For many, the conventions were exciting high-points in their social lives. When the Google Plus social media platform launched-- that gamer-scene consciously-decided to make it the core social media platform for their community. I had very-little use for Friendster, Myspace, Facebook... but I gave Google Plus a try. I found it overwhelming-- like each person was a loud tv blaring inside my home, all at once. People who I was perfectly-happy to see every-couple-months... would be in-my-face every damn morning at 7am & every-time I looked at G+.

(Even worse-- many were Social Justice shits-- claiming victimhood/ demanding higher status/ cancelling others on a whim. But that's just shit-frosting on the shit cake. I was exhausted by non-sjws, too.)

So- my best guess-- in taking my fair-share of the blame for the ire I've accumulated here on the Pyt-- is that Too Much Me is a factor. TMI about my personal life, too many posts, too wordy, TLDR, too-much thinking-out-loud without wrapping-it-up neatly, etc.

Another way I contribute to the problem-- is that people feel personally-attacked when I go-beyond discussing things In The Abstract, and address them as an individual person making the points they make. Such as screwtape making the general, abstract point that unvax'd people are 'guilty of manslaughter at the very least'... and me replying with Dude, You're UnVax'd!

I don't-quite buy the 'conspiracies' explanation. For example, the point of that "History Of Ivermectin-Talk On The Pit" which I posted... was to show that I had only mentioned Ivermectin ONCE on the pit-- in a post skeptical-of Bret Weinstein-- prior to Lsuoma's post debunking the Egyptian Ivermectin study. And I accepted his debunk. And Lsuoma already had me on 'ignore' at that time. So his memory is fictitious. Apologies for repeating that example... yet again... but it is such a perfect example.

I think the 'conspiracy theories' accusation is a product of a moment-in-time. The accusation was born during the 2020 election race, and at that time Trump would call-out the 'deep state' leakers colluding with the partisan 'fake news' media to defeat him, by fudging the truth. In retrospect, it's clear Trump was correct. But at-the-time, his opponents reacted by smearing him & his supporters as delusional conspiracy theorists. I think Lsuoma felt confident when he labelled several-of-us-here the same way. But 2021 has vindicated the accused, exposed the accusers, and made a hot-topic relevant issue... of whether establishment 'adult' mainstream 'expert' narratives & authorities have grown dangerously incompetent, corrupt, vicious, unfit.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

What percentage the world's population were active or secondary participant's in each of those wars?

Surely it should be deaths "with" WW2. The value should be anybody who died within a month of involvement in WW2. Anybody who died in London for any reason during the Blitz for example should count.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: TMI about my personal life
Those are some of the posts that have kept a lurker like me coming back when the SJW stuff tailed off.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
John D wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:36 pm
Stankeye wrote:

It's quite understandable that as the focus shifted from the initial reason for the Pyt's existence fractures appeared and people dropped away because of the phenomenon described in the article Matt just linked. I don't want to have a go at Lsuoma's politics because he doesn't tend to post too much political stuff and I don't really know what he thinks, but I was quite taken aback when he called Victor Davis Hanson a racist a while back. I wasn't sure if it was a serious comment or some kind of in joke but it certainly struck me as a very surprising accusation. Truth is we really don't know too much about each other beyond the fact that we hate SJWism.
Well, I didn't actually call him a racist: I just said that my take on the video was similar to Hunt's.

Anyway, regarding woofie, I genuinely think he's out for a reaction in many cases. Some of his posts have been amusing. A lot have recently been trollish, IMHO, and when I see his flatulence when others quote him,he comes across as a whiny bitch recently too, though I think that might be part of his trolling. Can't be bothered to deal with him. he is uterly wet and a weed. i diskard him.

ThreeFlangedJavis

A bit high on emotion. Interesting nonetheless. It is a common complaint I've seen, that vaccine effects are not being properly reported. Will be waiting for more health pros to come forward, or not. Not easy to discern whether lack of published corroboration would be from the general climate of intimidation or lack of a problem. Does make me wonder what all those clinical staff refusing the vaccine know.

ThreeFlangedJavis

If the there really is a significant problem with adverse vaccine effects then one would have to assume that it is being seen worldwide. Going to be tough to make a convincing case.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

US of A. You can see the clever stars and stripes motif of the graphic. And yeah, those 450K were out of a few million active combatants, young men all.

Around 1.6 million men fought in the Civil War.

US population during the Spanish Flu was 1/3 what it is today. The hardest hit were folks in their prime.

Nearly 80% of those the Wuhan Flu has killed were over age 65, more than half, over 75. And we still don't know how many actually died of covid as opposed to with covid. Seasonal flu deaths went from an average of 35,000 to 646 this past season. CDC's method for estimating "excess deaths" is horribly flawed, but extra deaths in comparison to recent years have been a couple hundred thousand at most. Short and brutal: most of the deceased were gonna die of something or other anyway.

Interesting they left out the 1968 Hong Kong Flu, which killed 100,000 Americans out of a population of 205 million. Also mostly elderly, and we went about our normal business without turning ourselves into Oceania.

John D

Post by John D »

fafnir wrote:
Service Dog wrote: TMI about my personal life
Those are some of the posts that have kept a lurker like me coming back when the SJW stuff tailed off.
Hmmmm... my thoughts so please skip if you don't give a shit.

The pyt started out as a reaction to the wokesters taking over the atheist/skeptical movement. Most of us got together to attack PZ or Becki... etc. over their obvious BS....etc. We objected to the accusations that atheist groups were overrun by sexist men and the patriarchy. We objected to the victimhood narrative etc.

As the years went by, PZ and Becki lost their popularity... but they were really the tip of the spear. The entire zeitgeist right now is wokeism. My own kid got sucked into the cult of wokeism.

Also, even though I am a "hard" atheist, I have a much different view of religion and conservatism than I did in the past. I used to get pissed when my Christian friends assumed all atheists were communist. Haha... then... in front of my eyes, most atheists I knew (including my kid) became "communist/socialist" (or neo-Marxists). Shit. The lesson to me is that my fellow humans really need some kind of religion. When there is nothing like Christianity.... they grab onto Marxism. My daughter doesn't even believe in first principals. It is tragic in my view. She doesn't value honesty or hard work. She only values protection. I feel like I should have raised her as a Christian. It would have done her good. I remember well how torn I was when "we" were pregnant. I spent a great deal of time wondering if I should raise her as a atheist or as a Christian. My wife and I decided that we would be okay raising our kids by showing them a good example. Our thought was that our kids would have good moral direction if they just followed our moral behavior.

This didn't work well in my view. It think that my daughter also needed an intellectual background to her moral thinking. The neo-Marxists have easily sucked her in during her college years... years of taking "women's studies"... etc. Now her moral frame is sort of disgusting to me. My heart is broken.

and so... I return to the pyt. I would say I have three good friends (real friends... not on-line friends) who align with my life philosophy. I consider this to be very very lucky. When we get together we all suddenly feel sane. I know so few people who make me feel this way. Maybe it is stupid... but I also feel sane when I communicate on the pyt. I don't agree with everyone here... but that is not the point. Most posters here have very rich thoughts about the world... as well as an ability to explain their thoughts. We also have a great deal of skepticism.... a push back against media and people who claim they have "their own truth".

So - yeah. I like everyone's stories. Dog's NY view... and fashion week. Matt's putting his dick in crazy and gun knowledge. Andrew's and Brive's... (and many others) funny posts (that would never make it to Facebook). I honestly can't remember who sent me to Die Antwort... but that was great....etc... Just my view for what it is worth.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Avoiding the deliberate and scientifically ignorant misinformation of some of our posters, let's have a little laugh at the Beeb:
BBC announces its first presenter with Down's Syndrome
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 1.13.44 PM.jpg
(188.22 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
A small argument has already taken place in this household about how much this is in the interests of the BBC despite exploiting an individual who may not even have the capacity to consent, versus the argument that this is diversity at work and must not be challenged.

"I can sing! I can dance! Laugh at me and pay my keepers some money! They like that!"

I'll go out on a rather short philosophical limb and accord young George all aspects of human dignity. Is this not exploitation?

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote:

Most sources are thinking 620,000 healthy young men died in the US Civil War. This does not count the injured... another half million were injured.. lost limbs from the horrible Mini ball rifles...etc. Given the population today this would represent 6 million dead young men and 5 million wounded/crippled in addition. These are men in the peak of their youth... not those over 65. This comparison is stupid... but most people love this shit. PBS had an article where the headline was "More die from Covid than Spanish flu".

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Most sources are thinking 620,000 healthy young men died in the US Civil War. This does not count the injured... another half million were injured.. lost limbs from the horrible Mini ball rifles...etc. Given the population today this would represent 6 million dead young men and 5 million wounded/crippled in addition. These are men in the peak of their youth... not those over 65. This comparison is stupid... but most people love this shit. PBS had an article where the headline was "More die from Covid than Spanish flu".
The figures are all US casualties. It should be obvious to all that far more people died in WW2 or the 1918 Spanish Flu. The problem is that there are exclusively US events like the US Civil War set alongside world events like WW2 or the Spanish Flu. It would be easy for someone with the time and the energy to remake this graphic to show worldwide mortality.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Let's do it.

WW2 deaths: 56 million, with perhaps another 28 million from disease and famine. Certainly not 405,399.

1918 Spanish Flu: estimates worldwide from 17 to 100 million deaths. Certainly not 675,000.

Covid-19: 4.7 million deaths so far. Certainly not 675,000.

Being US-centric distorts the actual picture. Anyone want to argue?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

And I know I won't see it, but I'd delight in watching Service Dog explain why 4.7 million deaths are not worth anything at all. Certainly not him rolling up a sleeve and getting a vaccine. Cunt.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:39 am
The figures are all US casualties. It should be obvious to all that far more people died in WW2 or the 1918 Spanish Flu. The problem is that there are exclusively US events like the US Civil War set alongside world events like WW2 or the Spanish Flu. It would be easy for someone with the time and the energy to remake this graphic to show worldwide mortality.
They are also using wildly different criteria for attributing deaths to causes. It's like arguing about distances and treating numbers in feet and kilometres as if you could directly compare them without rescaling.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: Matt's putting his dick in crazy and gun knowledge.
Now I can die content knowing I've made a significant contribution to the world.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: And I know I won't see it, but I'd delight in watching Service Dog explain why 4.7 million deaths are not worth anything at all. Certainly not him rolling up a sleeve and getting a vaccine. Cunt.
The very best thing a young healthy person can do for an old weak person like yourself is to get exposed to the rona and develop robust antibodies. It's a win-win, cuz they don't die far too young of heart inflammation, lose their baby, or go sterile from swollen balls. And you get to hang on for another year or two.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Matt's putting his dick in crazy and gun knowledge.
Now I can die content knowing I've made a significant contribution to the world.
Indeed... you are my friend who regularly sticks his dick in crazy! Congrats.... haha...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Lsuoma wrote: when I see his flatulence when others quote him,he comes across as a whiny bitch
When other users quote me, they tend to <snip> my quotes. One reason to do-so... is as a courtesy to Lsuoma: it's slightly-rude to show-me to him, by quoting me, when he's trying to Ignore me.

Yet Lsuoma lobs attacks at my character from behind his self-imposed wall.

I've met people before-- who can't recognize their own provocations/ they perceive others' negative reaction as an unprovoked, out of the blue, first-strike.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: When other users quote me, they tend to <snip> my quotes. One reason to do-so... is as a courtesy to Lsuoma: it's slightly-rude to show-me to him, by quoting me, when he's trying to Ignore me.

Yet Lsuoma lobs attacks at my character from behind his self-imposed wall.

I've met people before-- who can't recognize their own provocations/ they perceive others' negative reaction as an unprovoked, out of the blue, first-strike.
I think I remember SD at one time saying that he has had his own Left-exit experience.

Which causes me to wonder - how he would get along with hisown-damn-self from 5 or 10 years ago.

I suspect that both new and old dog would recognise the other as someone who had game (ie who knows their own mind and expresses and acts accordingly).

But as with most opinions, hypotheticals are suppositorally located.

There you go - one quote. And lets see if they start referring to themself in the 3third person.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: SD at one time saying that he has had his own Left-exit experience.

Which causes me to wonder - how he would get along with hisown-damn-self from 5 or 10 years ago.

I suspect that both new and old dog would recognise the other as someone who had game (ie who knows their own mind and expresses and acts accordingly).
When I think about that in terms of politics, I always think of Heinlein being a leftie before he was a rightie... and how he wrote hippie books interspersed with war-drum books.

In my more-personal memories... like being mad about breaking-up with my former music group... I'm more-troubled. Current me would fire past-me in a hot second!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: And I know I won't see it, but I'd delight in watching Service Dog explain why 4.7 million deaths are not worth anything at all. Certainly not him rolling up a sleeve and getting a vaccine. Cunt.
The very best thing a young healthy person can do for an old weak person like yourself is to get exposed to the rona and develop robust antibodies. It's a win-win, cuz they don't die far too young of heart inflammation, lose their baby, or go sterile from swollen balls. And you get to hang on for another year or two.
I'll punch you in the fucking nose first chance you give me. Old and weak indeed. At least my brain works.

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I'll punch you in the fucking nose first chance you give me. Old and weak indeed. At least my brain works.
Ah yes... this is the old pyt in action. Haha. I carry pepper spray... and back it up with a Glock 43. Let's do this!!!!!!!! Fuck off you cunts!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: I'd delight in watching Service Dog explain why 4.7 million deaths are not worth anything at all.
Your twisted mind does not match reality. You fantasize that ~we~ wish death on ~you~. You fantasize that your recent course of vaccinations "gives anti-vaxxers the heebie-jeebies". It's a bad-idea for someone with such a poor understanding of others-- to 'ignore' my actual offerings & rely on your own screwy assumptions about what I think.
screwtape wrote: I'll punch you in the fucking nose first chance you give me. Old and weak indeed. At least my brain works.
I don't speak for Matt, but I can say with certainty this sentiment is not shared by me. Because you gave me "the first chance" a long time ago, when-- in a flurry of spaz-posting-- you doxed-yourself. And yet I did not slit your throat with that pretentious straight razor in your poncey shaving bowl. <-- I considered warning you of your mistake/ in hopes that you would pause, regret being so tttttriggggered, & settle down. But I knew it was likely-- you'd hysterically claim I was threatening you.

Spoiler Alert For The Non-Self-Aware: I'd immediately regret a pointless, goofy act of violence. (And so would you, silly-billy!) So-much-so that I can't even fantasize about it... without seeing-myself in the scenario... as a farcical brain-abortion. What happens next? Would I shower-off your blood then put-on all your neckties at once and declare myself He-Man of Castle Greyskull?

In the immortal secret-handshake words of La Résistance Non-Vacciné-- whispered whenever we encounter a fellow-infiltrator behind-enemy-lines in vax-only segregation-zones:

"Don't forget to shit in the sink!"

:dance:

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Maybe we have people here with a more moral absolutist attitude vs those with more moral relativistic views?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 211041094
TLDR: College seems to lead to people shifting more left in their moral views -- but also becoming far more absolutist (rather than relativistic) in those views. Effect stronger the longer one attends + esp. pronounced in particular fields:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

A friend has sent me this:
in a flurry of spaz-posting-- you doxed-yourself. And yet I did not slit your throat with that pretentious straight razor in your poncey shaving bowl. <-- I considered warning you of your mistake/ in hopes that you would pause, regret being so tttttriggggered, & settle down. But I knew it was likely-- you'd hysterically claim I was threatening you.
I bet you couldn't shave with a straight razor if you tried. Nor could you have invented the cream scuttle, nor the variable loft brush. We need not even begin on the best free online book about straight razor shaving. You are an absolute shit and nothing more. I'm pretty sick of you and your stupid posts. You have no understanding of medicine, immunology or epidemiology. Now you threaten me with doxxing? Well just go and fuck yourself whichever way hurts the most (probably difficult to find some unused orifice in your case). If I were in the FT's position I would have thrown you out a long time ago. Call this 'hysterical' if you want, but I recognise empty threats when I see them. Just fuck off and stop polluting this forum with your nonsense.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fafnir wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Surely it should be deaths "with" WW2. The value should be anybody who died within a month of involvement in WW2. Anybody who died in London for any reason during the Blitz for example should count.
Probably a bad snip job by me. Treat it as a basic test of intelligence.
Clearly it’s America. Clearly it’s deaths. Clearly there are other forms of non-lethal casualties in war.

But just see if you can extract some value in the mortality front. And be proportional. We’re not being asked to go over the top at the Somme. We’re being asked to keep-to-ourselves until the inarguably safe (per normal epidemiological standards) vaccine is widely deployed.

What a horror. It’s not beyond my memory that the nightmare of the day was the 5 forecast years before such a dream option was going to be available.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Stankeye wrote:

I don’t know why people get their jimmies rustled to the extent that they think their voice can’t be seen participating here. I also don’t understand why some posters can be viewed as having ideas opinions that are beyond the pale. I see you as someone trying to find signal in a very noisy environment.

One possible theory that has crossed my mind is confirmation bias. We don’t want information that doesn’t support our beliefs, but that seems to fall short of what I think this group seems to be able to look at and do.

The other theory is that everything is pointing to a dramatic shift in our world, and we are scared and so lash out. I know I have a lot of insecurities about the future.

Maybe it just a culmination of one too many ‘conspiracies’ that you looked too long at (not dismissing fast enough) over the years adding up to someone who they don’t trust. I just don’t really know and I can’t figure it out by reading what others post.

I feel like I am trying to be a mediator, so now I will fuck off.
Our recent engagement with China has elevated my previous POV to ‘hero’ status. To my way of thinking.

Our masters are still dreaming of destroying national identity through economic globalism.

That’s when they aren’t trying to poison/kill us, having reduced us all to serf-dom on a passing whim. 💉

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Of all the shit that is going on in the world the lead story is some cute white bitch who got killed by her boyfriend. Really? WTF. All the news reports started with this fucking story.... A-block! Okay.... so.... poor bitch got killed by her boyfriend. Sucks and all. They will try to catch the guy and put him on trial. yawn.

Haha.
Missing person/unsolved murders is a bit of a hobby of mine, and I have a friend with whom I discuss them at length. The 'true crime' community is a bit odd -- a lot of lonely ladies -- and they really emotionally identify with the individuals. Lots of prayers for the safe return of someone whose corpse has long since been scavenged. Most of them are also as dumb as a box of rocks and jump to the most ridiculous conclusions.

I find these cases fascinating because I'm a student of human behavior, especially aberrant -- having stuck my dick into crazy far too many times.

Both these young people had mental health issues, but he is seriously distant -- can't tell whether it's schizophrenia or NPD or what. In any case, he was terribly domineering, and she seemed a nice yet fragile, unstable young lady. She's dead now, and he's on the lam, his family having pulled the same maneuver the Kennedy's do whenever one of their clan rapes or murders a young woman.

Prima facie, this case might not seem of import, but it's the manifestation of a whole lotta wrong with our society and especially where our young people are today.
You’ll need to get back to me when you’ve sorted out Sam Sayers.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Stankeye wrote: Maybe we have people here with a more moral absolutist attitude vs those with more moral relativistic views?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 211041094
TLDR: College seems to lead to people shifting more left in their moral views -- but also becoming far more absolutist (rather than relativistic) in those views. Effect stronger the longer one attends + esp. pronounced in particular fields:
Is it that the longer people stay, the more they get like that..... or that the ones who are like that fit in better and stay?

There was some kind of an argument I've been reading about in the late 60s/early 70s in the British radical left. It was between the generation of intellectuals who came up through the war, had fought, and lost people, and a lot of them came from working class backgrounds and had got scholarships to University, vs a new generation who were middle class and hadn't been through those experiences. Basically, the new generation were heavily theory focused, and brought in continental philosophy. You go from heavily research based work that takes 5 years picking through primary sources to document the experiences of cobblers in 18th century manchester and are making relatively modest claims that a fool like me can understand.... to the sort essays you can't parse the abstract without 5 years of study so you know what specific non-standard meanings the words have.

SJW leftist nonsense is very theory based. Nobody came up with the idea that black people who valued punctuality were white without the help of a lot of theory buffering them from the real world. Similarly the analysis of problems, texts etc using theory is an activity Universities seem to do a lot of and allows one to publish papers without having to do 5 years of fieldwork. I wonder if this doesn't give people whose academic work is riffing off existing theory a huge advantage in terms of productivity. Necessarily most papers must be like this, or you'd have years going by when the whole department published nothing. I guess I'm saying that all but the tiny number of academics who come up with the theories mostly just regurgitating theory seems kind of like what one would expect.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Universities in the UK got taken over by the left at the same time that the Universities were "democratised" and the number of students, and hence the number of academics increased rapidly. There are too many academics to have any but a tiny handful creating new theory. Everybody else is getting marked on how well they understand and can apply that theory. The theory is "left wing", partly because the battle between left and right now is partly a battle between people who believe that there are centrally planned expert led solutions to problems and people who doubt that. If you do come up with a theory of why a theory of X is a flawed exercise, that isn't really going to help people churn out papers the way a flawed theory of X would.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote: But just see if you can extract some value in the mortality front. And be proportional. We’re not being asked to go over the top at the Somme. We’re being asked to keep-to-ourselves until the inarguably safe (per normal epidemiological standards) vaccine is widely deployed.

What a horror. It’s not beyond my memory that the nightmare of the day was the 5 forecast years before such a dream option was going to be available.
Actually, this is exactly my problem. We aren't being "asked", we're being forced. I'd have absolutely no problems of we were just being "asked", I cannot abide being "coerced".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Keating wrote: I'd have absolutely no problems of we were just being "asked", I cannot abide being "coerced".
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: If the there really is a significant problem with adverse vaccine effects then one would have to assume that it is being seen worldwide. Going to be tough to make a convincing case.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why don't you want to validate those claims Cathy? Are they substantively true or not? What is more dishonest, pointing out the perceived (at the very least) institutional bias against relatively harmless Ivermectin use or calling medically prescribed Ivermectin "horse dewormer" ? These are people who lied for years in concert with the CIA, FBI and Democratic Party and have never acknowledged or even corrected their lies. I see no evidence that there is widespread acceptance of the extent of the criminality and corruption that has taken place to negate Trump. The system is now so corrupt that a general can boast about colluding with Nancy Pelosi to undermine a President's control of the armed forces, using media distortions about the president as justification, and be lauded as a hero.
Biden could dronestrike my white toyota corolla, using just these 3 quotes to pinpoint the exact current location of my brain.

__

A young co-worker in her late 20's-- who fears both corona AND the vax (so she's a big mask-lover)-- told me she's considering getting the jab. Because Dr. Rhonda Patrick went on Joe Rogan recently & was pro-vax. Later the friend sent me a link [below] to a long video with Dr. Rhonda Patrick debunking a list of medical concerns. My friend doesn't give a fuck about the institutional bullying of individuals per-se. She only cares about being bullied if the bullying makes her get a ~scary~ jab. I guess ~she~ is ok-with being raped with a clean, lubricated dildo. But MY butthole still objects-- to the 'rape' part.

I've watched about half of this video. I have objections to some-of the graphs: such as when they show the ratio of young vs. old being hospitalized by Covid climbing...year-over-year... but they only give relative-percentages/ not total raw numbers. Also, they are dismissive of the VAERS reporting system when it's used to question the jab/ but they rely on the VAERS system when they like what it says.

But those are small quibbles, compared to my fundamental objections: I think the well-intentioned panel... all-on-the-same-side of the debate... fails to adequately represent the objections of actual dissenters. A strong interlocutor could challenge all the little apparent-distortions in their graphs. And could on-the-fly call-out dubious utterances. Such as-- at one point-- Dr. Rhonda saying "the burden is on" the vax-doubters to prove that the vax IS dangerous. Which is true if we're talking about doctors making competing claims. But is not true at the level of the actual patients who the video is ostensibly talking-to. I don't have to PROVE anything to justify refusing the vax.

My hypothetical actual-dissenter might surrender A LOT of ground to the panelists on the effectiveness of the jabs as-medicine and even safety issues... but stand-firm on Patient's Rights and Medical Ethics and the wide gap between the ideals espoused by the medical community vs. the actual corrupt incompetent bullying & censorship, which they've put into practice.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: I'll punch you in the fucking nose first chance you give me. Old and weak indeed. At least my brain works.
You'd never make it to my nose. I'd just cough on you first.

Maybe if your attitude when discussing this particular topic hadn't ranged from boorish to mega-twat, you might have received friendlier responses from your fellow Pitizens. Boorish for calling people stupid and selfish who decline to do things they truly believe are worthless and/or put their own health at risk. A mega-twat for openly relishing the impending deaths of the horse goo gobblers, myself presumably included.

screwtape to Dog wrote:You have no understanding of medicine, immunology or epidemiology.
You've been presented with the matter of natural immunity being ignored. Of mutation spurred by 'leaky' vaxxes, and spread by asymptotic vaxxed people carrying 250x the viral load. Of the complete lack of evidence for the efficacy of masks. Of the memory-holing of pre-covid definitions of 'herd immunity', 'case', and even 'vaccine'. In response, you lob ad hominem. It seems you've forgotten more about those above subjects than you recall.

screwtape to Dog wrote:If I were in the FT's position I would have thrown you out a long time ago.... Just fuck off and stop polluting this forum with your nonsense.
If you can't stand the heat, there's always Coyne's heavily-censored safe space, where you and your fellow bien pensants can mutually admire your intellectual superiority by mocking the strawman Lumpenproles.

By now, everyone should know I have no problem with a heated debate, but won't suffer gaping cunts. I'm chalking up your sudden and otherwise atypical cuntishness to your ongoing health issues, but it still won't fly. Play by Pit Rules: either trade punches then kiss and makeup afterwards, or put folks on ignore, or for real fuck off.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: I bet you couldn't shave with a straight razor if you tried. Nor could you have invented the cream scuttle, nor the variable loft brush. We need not even begin on the best free online book about straight razor shaving. You are an absolute shit and nothing more. I'm pretty sick of you and your stupid posts. You have no understanding of medicine, immunology or epidemiology. Now you threaten me with doxxing? Well just go and fuck yourself whichever way hurts the most (probably difficult to find some unused orifice in your case). If I were in the FT's position I would have thrown you out a long time ago. Call this 'hysterical' if you want, but I recognise empty threats when I see them. Just fuck off and stop polluting this forum with your nonsense.
I don't wanna 1.) commit violence on you; 2.) threaten you; 3.) dox you; 4.) threaten to dox you; 5.) ban you; 6.) I wouldn't-even rape you with Sargon's dick; 7.) or threaten to rape you; 8.)nor entertain your violent & detailed 4k fantasies about entering my dirty dude-hole with the ol' FtB rusty porcupine.

I don't even want you to stop posting such absurd, legendary self-parody as that Cream Scuttle Rant.

:text-worthless:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: You’ll need to get back to me when you’ve sorted out Sam Sayers.
That one's easy. She got lost, died of hyperthermia. They can't find her cuz the terrain is a bitch and it's vast.

Trail:
Vesper Peak
8.0 miles, roundtrip
Elevation Gain: 4000 ft.
Highest Point: 6214 ft.

Described as “very dangerous and rugged terrain,” with a “hard to follow” trail. Many hikers report getting disoriented.

She expected to be home by 6pm, was last seen at 3pm at the peak. Date was August 1 -- warm during the day, seriously cold at night up there.

Kit:
She wore a green sports bra. “She didn’t have cold weather gear. She had like three sandwiches, some chips and water.”

BF put together "‘survival bags’ filled with Clif Bars, socks, a poncho, compass, flashlight, fire sticks and a lighter," paracord and a knife, to be left by S&R. So we know she carried none of these. Which, obviously, she ended up needing. (I'd add a whistle, a 'space' blanket, a water purifier, and a Browning Buck Mark. Many preppers and tacticools wear paracord 'bracelets'.)

Yet another 'experienced hiker', where 'experienced' means, 'regularly tempted fate but got lucky.'

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Many preppers and tacticools wear paracord 'bracelets'
Pro-tip: Quad-braid about 30ft of paracord then stitch it into the lining of your jacket.

(I'm a lunatic for the stuff!)

ThreeFlangedJavis

Keating wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:18 pm
Brive1987 wrote: But just see if you can extract some value in the mortality front. And be proportional. We’re not being asked to go over the top at the Somme. We’re being asked to keep-to-ourselves until the inarguably safe (per normal epidemiological standards) vaccine is widely deployed.

Actually, this is exactly my problem. We aren't being "asked", we're being forced. I'd have absolutely no problems of we were just being "asked", I cannot abide being "coerced".
At least some of the bitterness derives from incomprehension of the value some people place on freedoms and rights and of the ways in which those can be lost. At least in the US there are foundational principles that are being violated. One faction thinks that you can just temporarily pretend that the prohibitions on state violation of autonomy don't exist and then go back to normal while the other says that history demonstrates that to be naive. Similar conflicts are playing out in other nations without such clearcut constitutional prohibitions being transgressed but an understanding that lines are being crossed. This is happening against a backdrop of creeping authoritarianism which has significantly eroded what were considered core freedoms and there is a very understandable reluctance to just go along with the latest demand for compliance. True to form though, our betters have reacted by calling everyone concerned about the erosion of their liberties stupid, selfish rednecks and downplaying or lying about every legitimate concern which might complicate things for them.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Yes, exactly. I just resigned from a civil liberties group I'd been a part of for over 10 years when I couldn't even make them understand the difference between the two.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Keating wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:18 pm

At least some of the bitterness derives from incomprehension of the value some people place on freedoms and rights and of the ways in which those can be lost. At least in the US there are foundational principles that are being violated. One faction thinks that you can just temporarily pretend that the prohibitions on state violation of autonomy don't exist and then go back to normal while the other says that history demonstrates that to be naive. Similar conflicts are playing out in other nations without such clearcut constitutional prohibitions being transgressed but an understanding that lines are being crossed. This is happening against a backdrop of creeping authoritarianism which has significantly eroded what were considered core freedoms and there is a very understandable reluctance to just go along with the latest demand for compliance. True to form though, our betters have reacted by calling everyone concerned about the erosion of their liberties stupid, selfish rednecks and downplaying or lying about every legitimate concern which might complicate things for them.
This reminds me of the EU. It's no secret that the goal is "ever closer union". You have plenty of people high up in the EU talking about what that means, and why they want to do it. They've been doing it for decades. It's far from clear that the people of Europe are actually onboard with that goal. If you look at issues of sovereignty, borders, laws, immigration etc... it's very clear that there has been a huge change since Britain joined the proto version of this back in the 70s. Every time you go deeper in, it's always a small step that means practically nothing and is easily undone so only some kind of xenophobe would complain. When backtracking is suggested, it is obviously impossible and only a xenophobe would try it.

I think this discussion between two leading British politicians back in the 70s may be of interest. In the first few minutes, Tony Benn talks about loss of sovereignty and Roy Jenkins says sovereignty doesn't exist and what you need is to hand your non-existent sovereignty over to the international decision making bureaucracy so that your best interests can be taken into account there. It feels like the same argument. Is freedom best protected by protecting individual sovereignty, or by handing over that sovereignty to a distant bureaucracy of enlightened experts who can balance all the competing interests for you. He doesn't trust individual citizens and individual nations to decide these things for themselves.

I think something similar has happened in the US. You have a direction of travel towards a centralised bureaucracy. If there had been a straightforward discussion about whether dissolving the power and individuality of the states into the federal government, would the states or the citizens in those states have agreed to it? This is another move along that path in the same direction the US has been travelling in for generations. Inevitably there are bumps in the road where people object to the next move towards centralisation and we are told "let's just get over this bump and we can discuss the direction of travel after that". We get over the bump and quietly carry on centralising. If we don't push back on this now, when is it going to be pushed back against?

Keating

Post by Keating »

I think there's an additional problem: distributed, hard to measure costs versus upfront, easy to measure benefits. A good example is modern architecture. Drab concrete and glass boxes extract a cost on the population in terms of unhappiness and depression, but this is hard to measure versus the upfront cost of the construction. It's cheap and easy to throw up something ugly quickly and think you've achieved something. It's hard to know how much of a toll that ugliness extracts from the people forced to interact with it. I'm thinking of Roger Scruton's Why Beauty Matters which is a fantastic documentary. I think something similar is happening across many domains. Privatised benefits versus socialised costs in bailing out companies is another example. This is a half formed thought, and I'm pretty tired, so maybe this won't coming across well, but I think something similar is happening in much of the virus response: In crude terms, there is an immediate, upfront cost of saving the life of an 85 year old, with the distributed cost to 20 year olds of months of the prime of their lives. There is a point where that trade off is worth it, but no discussion is allowed about where that balance point should be.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

I think you are right, but again that goes back to the "expert" driven management culture. There are some topics it's not really possible to be an expert on rather you are an expert on the fashionable ideas of other experts, and some important variables that can't be measured. Bureaucracies tend to skew things towards the opinions of such experts and excluding variables that are too difficult to measure.

There is another bias in terms of the skewed things we tend to measure and the skewed times we are interested enough to measure them. One classic example is speed cameras. To some degree road accidents are random events, albeit they are more likely to happen in some places than others. Any given dangerous bend will have years with a lot of accidents and years with relatively few. Generally a speed camera will go in after a period where there were a lot of accidents, and you would expect things to regress back to the mean so regardless of whether the speed camera actually helped it will look like it did. Lots of time the things we measure aren't even measured in a way to allow us to answer the questions they are being used to answer.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: Of all the shit that is going on in the world the lead story is some cute white bitch who got killed by her boyfriend. Really? WTF.
https://media.patriots.win/post/B5K5KROX.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Stankeye wrote:
I have offered support for you before and I am doing it again. I am at a loss as to the adamant vitriol that is directed your way at points.
BTW, it's not vitriol I direct at the woofer - its contempt and ridicule. He's willing to post here as much as he wants, but that won't stop him being a cunt, IMHO, and it won't stop me saying what I want to about him when I see his spew in quotes.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Lsuoma wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
I have offered support for you before and I am doing it again. I am at a loss as to the adamant vitriol that is directed your way at points.
BTW, it's not vitriol I direct at the woofer - its contempt and ridicule. He's willing to post here as much as he wants, but that won't stop him being a cunt, IMHO, and it won't stop me saying what I want to about him when I see his spew in quotes.
No dobut. I can see once someone is on your cunt list it is probably hard to get out. I was more lamenting not understanding from my perspective, but there is nothing anyone owes me in helping me to understand.

I guess it is one of many of the pit's Shiri Scissor moments.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

In other news.

Australian 'Chimp out'.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
Stankeye wrote:
You can block anyone you want... and you can comment all you want. But.... you look like a dick when you comment on someone's snipped comment that it out of context. Dick move.... so this does deserve a fuck off!... so.... fuck off!