Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Matt Cavanaugh

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Shin-aid really fell apart. A wreck.
Her music, once innovative and nuanced, went to shit as well.

In my story, she wanders around barefoot in a night shift, shouting brimstone and fire, and is generally out of her fecking skull.

I wrote that before she tore up the poster of the pope.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I've always found the mental stability of those in the arts to be questionable at best certainly they seem to take liberties with what one might call the standard deviation from the norm.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Shin-aid really fell apart. A wreck.
Her music, once innovative and nuanced, went to shit as well.

In my story, she wanders around barefoot in a night shift, shouting brimstone and fire, and is generally out of her fecking skull.

I wrote that before she tore up the poster of the pope.
She really was pretty much a one hit wonder. She got that great song to sing written by Prince. He really wrote a bunch of hits for others as well as himself. She delivered "Nothing Compares to You" in such a haunting way. A really brilliant performance. But she was not lucky enough (or perhaps talented enough) to repeat. It also didn't help that she was a bit tweaked... but many tweaked singers have long careers.

John D

Post by John D »

boring motorcycle story - skip it if you want.

One of my best friends has a daughter that was engaged. She used to ride her motorcycle with her fiancé for fun. My friend, Bill, hated her riding. He was so worried she would get hurt that he forbid her from riding. She left his house and moved in with her fiancé and took her bike with her.

Some months after she left she was riding with her guy. He was hot-dogging on Big Beaver road two miles from my house. He lost control and hit a sign and died. She still lived at her dead boyfriend's house after the crash.

So, a few weeks later I was on a drive-along with a Troy cop. My local Troy cop-shop was recruiting volunteers so I took some training with them. So, we were driving on Big Beaver road and I mentioned the crash to the cop I was with. He was probably trying to gross me out or something, but he told me he was part of the cop clean-up crew after the accident. He told me that the fiancé hit a road sign at such speed that it ripped his arm off at the shoulder. He died from massive rapid blood loss. So, shit... this guy died like this right in front of his bride-to-be. Imagine what that must be like.

A was later talking to my friend Bill and asked how his daughter was doing. He told me he was frustrated with her. He thought she was over reacting and they were in family therapy together. He scoffed at the idea that the therapist told him she had PTSD. He didn't even think PTSD existed. I told him that it was reasonable that his daughter had to manage the memories of a horrifying tragedy. I thought it was reasonable to think she had PTSD. He still has a troubled relationship with her.

end of long boring story.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

John D wrote: boring motorcycle story - skip it if you want.

<snip>
So The Big Beaver took his whole arm?
I’ve heard of stories like that in Penthouse Forum.

John D

Post by John D »

mordacious1 wrote:
John D wrote: boring motorcycle story - skip it if you want.

<snip>
Big Beaver Road.... exit 69 on I-75 highway. He said 69... huhuhu.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote: I've always found the mental stability of those in the arts to be questionable at best certainly they seem to take liberties with what one might call the standard deviation from the norm.
Kirsten Hersh readily admits (and I agree) that she produces her best music when she's mentally unstable.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Also, Meat Loaf has died. Fuck.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Lsuoma wrote: Also, Meat Loaf has died. Fuck.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I've always found the mental stability of those in the arts to be questionable at best certainly they seem to take liberties with what one might call the standard deviation from the norm.
Kirsten Hersh readily admits (and I agree) that she produces her best music when she's mentally unstable.
Or on drugs. Philip Jose Farmer wrote the same science fiction novel nine different times, each time from scratch over the course of a single night, while doing LSD.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

fafnir wrote:
You took the words right out of my mouth.
And Louie Anderson. Not a good month for overweight people, apparently. I better put 911 on speed dial.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

mordacious1 wrote:
'Lefty' D wrote: boring motorcycle story - skip it if you want.

<snip>
Those stories were also typed with just one hand.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

(Bloomberg) -- Booster shots with messenger RNA vaccines such as those made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE failed to block omicron in a study of some of the first documented breakthrough cases caused by the highly contagious variant.

Original title: MRNA Boosters Don't Block Omicron South African Study Shows https://archive.fo/0vBkR

current title: Early Omicron Breakthroughs Show MRNA Vaccines’ Weakness

sentence from the original: Still, other protections such as T-cells appear to combat the strain and so far hospital and mortality data has been less severe than with the delta variant.

sentence now: Still, the findings demonstrate omicron’s ability to evade immunity generated by even the most powerful Covid-19 vaccine boosters

WTF. I don't like their EDIT button.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... tudy-shows

findings were published in The Lancet

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Dr. Zelenko-- & the "Zelenko Protocol"-- have been vindicated by inclusion in NIH's official Library of Medicine.

Also: Trump was right about Hydroxychloroquine.

"Conclusions

Our study suggests that the treatment protocol of HCQ, AZM, and zinc with or without vitamin C is safe and effective in the treatment of COVID-19, with high dose IV vitamin C leading to a significantly quicker recovery.

Importantly, our study confirms vitamin D deficiency to be a high-risk factor of severe COVID-19 disease and hospitalization, with 97% of our study’s patient cohort being vitamin D deficient, 55% of these being severely vitamin D deficient, and none had optimal levels."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/a ... MC8712288/

----

wikipedia does not accept the NIH recommendation. Obvious politicized bullshit:

"Hydroxychloroquine has been studied for an ability to prevent and treat coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19), but clinical trials found it ineffective for this purpose and a possible risk of dangerous side effects.[8] Among studies that deemed hydroxychloroquine intake to cause harmful side effects, a publication by The Lancet was retracted due to data flaws.[9] The speculative use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID‑19 threatens its availability for people with established indications.[10]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxychloroquine

----

The wikipedia party-line has been used by cunts to attack the credentials of doctors, accuse them of 'misinformation', and even launch organized efforts to destroy the careers by having the doctors' medical licenses revoked:

as-recently as last month:
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 13#p506713

July 2020:
https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... ne#p497567

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

mordacious1 wrote: Louie Anderson
For every scruffy Gilbert Gottfried transman, there is an equal-and-opposite pale fat lesbian Louie Anderson.

It's a Polyamorphous Miracle.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ARMiC_KgA
Aday is done ...

RIP; ask not for whom the bell tolls and all that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

These are the whistleblower tweets, claiming that Fauci's crony Peter Daszak works for the CIA, and Eco-Health Alliance is a CIA front.

https://media.patriots.win/post/ziyPh60D08rh.png

The Department of Defense funding of Eco-Health is undisputed.

https://kanekoa.substack.com/p/was-pete ... ng-for-the

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Pelosi has delayed the SOTU Address until March, probably to give Brandon some time to come up with one accomplishment he can point to. Or perhaps the Democrats assume we will be at war by then?
I think it would be hilarious if the Republican response was given by Trump. MSM and the tech giants wouldn’t cover the response, but it would be funny anyway.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: For every scruffy Gilbert Gottfried transman, there is an equal-and-opposite pale fat lesbian Louie Anderson.
Life, uh, finds a way.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

mordacious1 wrote: Pelosi has delayed the SOTU Address until March, probably to give Brandon some time to come up with one accomplishment he can point to. Or perhaps the Democrats assume we will be at war by then?
I think it would be hilarious if the Republican response was given by Trump. MSM and the tech giants wouldn’t cover the response, but it would be funny anyway.
SOTU has become a ritualized PR opportunity, but the Constitution is vague, only requiring that the president "shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union....". It used to be delivered in writing, and given how terrible Joe is performing in public, his handlers might consider that.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Fortunately, for Ol' Nancy-dentures...

...Biden's speech will arrive pre-chewed.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: SOTU has become a ritualized PR opportunity, but the Constitution is vague, only requiring that the president "shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union....". It used to be delivered in writing, and given how terrible Joe is performing in public, his handlers might consider that.
It should be delivered by Twitter.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

We saw how poorly Pelosi’s possible Chairwoman of the Transportation Committee nominee handles a car. Too bad foreign women can’t be nominated:
https://kirkegaard.substack.com/p/too-m ... ong-places

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: It should be delivered by Twitter.
Send Jen Psaki. That'd be a hoot.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Samantha Fish on Friday.

She likes to play barefoot.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

The Jizz Hobbit goes "live" in 30m...

Might tune in just to spam chat about semen-play, begging women for sex and sticking PhD at the end of everything I say ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: The Jizz Hobbit goes "live" in 30m...

Might tune in just to spam chat about semen-play, begging women for sex and sticking PhD at the end of everything I say ;)
Won't waste 3 hours on it, but I did shit post.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Won't waste 3 hours on it, but I did shit post.
Sadly, due to comfy blanket, mug of hot chocolate and an episode of Black Sails, I conked out and missed the bugger!

Yes, I'm living the Rock & Roll lifestyle :P

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I guess the term "Negative Efficacy" is the politically-correct way to say VAIDS

"Scottish data shows that the COVID-19 age-standardized case rate is highest among the two-dose vaccinated and lowest among unvaccinated! It further shows this trend of negative efficacy for the double-vaccinated persisting for hospitalizations and deaths. Something is very wrong here, and together with other data points, it raises concerning questions about the negative effect of waning antibodies, constant boosting, and the consequences of a leaky vaccine with narrow-spectrum suboptimal antibodies against an ever-evolving virus.

Every Wednesday, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been publishing a weekly report on COVID data juxtaposed to vaccination rates. Table 14 of this week’s “Public Health Scotland COVID-19 & Winter Statistical Report” lays bare in plain English (and math) a rate of negative efficacy for the vaccine:

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOi ... ?width=980

As you can see, while the overall Omicron wave seems to be receding in Scotland, age-standardized case rates per 100,000 people were the lowest in the unvaccinated cohort every week for the past four weeks. Thus, it’s not just the fact that the unvaccinated accounted for only 11.5% of cases the past two weeks, but even adjusted for age-stratified vaccination rates (PHS already does the math for you) the unvaccinated had the lowest infection rate out of the four cohorts – especially during the peak of Omicron. Furthermore, we see that even the triple-vaccinated clearly have no efficacy against infection, although they have some degree less negative efficacy than the double-vaccinated.

Here is a linear presentation of the depth of the Omicron wave by vaccination status, where you can see that the unvaccinated had the shallowest wave:

https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOi ... ?width=980

This also coincides with the latest data from the U.K. Health Security Agency of the entire United Kingdom. This data now shows higher rates of infection among the triple-vaccinated in all but the youngest people.

Full stop right here. Any public policy measure – from vaccine passports to discrimination – cannot be justified under the science, even if one’s conscience is OK with apartheid. In fact, clearly this shows that, especially with Omicron, the vaccinated are the super-spreaders. Before we get to hospitalizations and deaths, the notion that the unvaccinated are somehow responsible for the continued spread of this virus is completely contradicted by the data. Some might suggest without evidence that the unvaccinated possibly have a higher rate of prior infection; however, Omicron seems to attack even those who already had previous versions of SARS-CoV-2.

Now onto hospitalizations and deaths. While the vaccines clearly provided some degree of protection for some people for several months against severe illness (while possibly causing even more spread), the Scottish data paints a concerning picture of the long-term consequences of the mass vaccination. People like Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche have been warning that if you mass-vaccinate with a leaky, narrow-spectrum (only recognizes spike protein) vaccine in middle of a raging pandemic, the virus would get more virulent over time.

This concern manifests itself at two time periods when the antibodies are “sub-optimal.” There is a period of a few weeks after the jab when the antibodies are strong enough to bind but not strong enough to neutralize, and then at the back end (estimated at four to six months for the original shot, but likely much shorter for the booster), a period when they wane. The media and public health tyrants like to focus your attention on a snapshot of time, but ignore the totality of circumstances that the shots are creating negative efficacy before and after, while using accounting gimmicks to mask the problem.
What is clearly evident both from the hospitalizations and deaths is that the double-vaccinated are now worse off per capita even against critical illness, and that pattern appears to be accelerating. Again, this evidently shows a pattern of negative efficacy even against critical illness over time as the shots wear off, increasingly quickly with Omicron. Why is there no desire to study the source of this negative efficacy and whether the fact that the vaccine is non-sterilizing, wanes quickly with sub-optimal antibodies, is narrow-spectrum, and is increasingly out of synch with the changing virus is going to make the pandemic worse in the long run?

Some will look at the chart and conclude that the boosters are amazing. But first it’s important to recognize that even the boosters don’t stop transmission at all even in the short run, and then, based on the latest hospitalization data, appear to wane just like the original shots. Relatedly, you will notice a pattern: the unvaccinated and two-dose cohorts always appear worse and the one-shot and three-shot cohorts always appear better. This is where the most important part of the data set comes into play.

You see, all cases during the first 21 days after the first shot are counted in the “unvaccinated” cohort, while the first 14 days after one receives the 3rd shot is counted among the two-dose cohort. See the definitions from Appendix 6 of the report.

We know from numerous studies ... that people are actually the most vulnerable to COVID during the first few weeks on the upswing of the antibodies, when T cells are likely suppressed. This is why the health departments smartly count them in the unvaccinated pile. Hence, for all these months, all the cases and deaths from those made more vulnerable from the first shot – which is caused by the mass vaccination, not the unvaccinated – are counted against the unvaccinated. Over time, as the shots waned on the back end, the truth became evident. Now they are starting the cycle all over again by making the two-dose group look even worse than they are by dumping all of the cases caused by the initial take-up from the third dose into the cohort of double-vaccinated.

It’s the ultimate pandemic Ponzi scheme. Just wait another two months and see what the fourth-shot group looks like relative to the triple-dosers, as the immediate vaccination causes an even greater spike in cases.
In other words, you have to look in totality where we are headed rather than manipulating a snapshot of time.

more:
https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz ... m-scotland

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: I guess the term "Negative Efficacy" is the politically-correct way to say VAIDS

<criminally ignorant blathering snipped>

more:
:roll:
PLEASE READ BEFORE REVIEWING THE FOLLOWING TABLES AND FIGURES

Interpretation of data

There is a large risk of misinterpretation of the data presented in this section due to the complexities of vaccination data. A blog post by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), formerly Public Health England (PHE), provides a comprehensive explanation of the biases and potential areas for misinterpretation of such data. They state that a simple comparison of COVID-19 case rates in those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated should not be used to assess how effective a vaccine is in preventing serious health outcomes, because there are a number of differences between the groups, other than the vaccine itself, and these biases mean that you cannot use the rates to determine how well the vaccines work.
See page 34:

https://publichealthscotland.scot/media ... report.pdf

Linked blog post:

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2021/11/02/tr ... es-report/

Simple case rates - number of people who test positive - are pretty much useless. Or certainly susceptible to misinterpretations or outright politically motivated misinformation campaigns. It's really only the hospitalizations and the death rates that give a more or less accurate measure of the vaccine effectiveness. Anywhere from 5 to 10 times improvement for both in favour of the vaccinated; UK & NY State data:

Covid_Statistics_UK_Y211215A.jpg
(182.87 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
CDC_MMWR_NewYork_CovidHospitalizations_1A.jpg
(340.54 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

John D

Post by John D »

Interesting and thoughtful discussion. I just updated the little greeting sign I have I my living room. It now says "Consciousness equals narrative plus facts"

My wife will continue to wonder what the fuck I am talking about... but when I walk past it I have the opportunity to think.

I am a bit different from many people I know. When I find out some fact that I have been wrong about it makes me excited. I like being wrong... well... not so much being wrong... but I get a thrill when I discover a fact or idea that I have not encountered before. I love to think about what this new "fact" might mean.

I think this is pretty unusual.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Please note... this is NOT a simple comparison between 'the unvaccinated' and 'the vaccinated'... two groups which might have a wide variety of Other differences.. which could explain-away the differences in their rates of Hospitalization & Death. (Correlation is not Causation.)

RATHER-- the pattern of discrepancy also-appears as a gap in Hospitalization & Death-- between the Twice Vaccinated and the Thrice Vaccinated.

An absurd stretch of credulity is required-- to believe (with zero evidence) that Twice Vaccinated people are extremely-different from Thrice Vaccinated people:

Service Dog wrote: You see, all cases during the first 21 days after the first shot are counted in the “unvaccinated” cohort, while the first 14 days after one receives the 3rd shot is counted among the two-dose cohort. See the definitions from Appendix 6 of the report.

We know from numerous studies ... that people are actually the most vulnerable to COVID during the first few weeks on the upswing of the antibodies, when T cells are likely suppressed. This is why the health departments smartly count them in the unvaccinated pile. Hence, for all these months, all the cases and deaths from those made more vulnerable from the first shot – which is caused by the mass vaccination, not the unvaccinated – are counted against the unvaccinated. Over time, as the shots waned on the back end, the truth became evident. Now they are starting the cycle all over again by making the two-dose group look even worse than they are by dumping all of the cases caused by the initial take-up from the third dose into the cohort of double-vaccinated.

It’s the ultimate pandemic Ponzi scheme.
Just wait another two months and see what the fourth-shot group looks like relative to the triple-dosers, as the immediate vaccination causes an even greater spike in cases.

Subsequently, this official disclaimer Does Not Apply: "...a simple comparison of COVID-19 case rates in those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated should not be used to assess how effective a vaccine is in preventing serious health outcomes, because there are a number of differences between the groups, other than the vaccine itself, and these biases mean that you cannot use the rates to determine how well the vaccines work."

Another-way that disclaimer Does Not Apply-- is that I'm NOT merely presenting a comparison of "case rates" of Positive Covid TESTS.

I am presenting rates of Hospitalization and Death. HALF of Covid deaths (60%) & hospitalizations (47.5%) occur IN JABBED PEOPLE in the first 14 to 21 days after jabbed-people get their jab. Yet, those jabbed people are counted in official stats as 'unvaccinated'. Which gives the false impression that those hospitalized and dead people were un-jabbed.

Some who were previously mislead by misleading statistics-- will react like John D.-- glad to have newer, better information.

Others will retreat into self-delusion, unable to handle the inconvenient truth. Some of those deluded people are powerful-- sitting in judgement on the Supreme Court, governors & presidents issuing Executive Orders. Their tantrums will ravage entire economies, tear the social fabric of communities, divide families, co-workers, & nations.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And here's some further info - for anyone taking an interest in at least one of the topics discussed...

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: I guess the term "Negative Efficacy" is the politically-correct way to say VAIDS

"Scottish data shows that the COVID-19 age-standardized case rate is highest among the two-dose vaccinated and lowest among unvaccinated! It further shows this trend of negative efficacy for the double-vaccinated persisting for hospitalizations and deaths. Something is very wrong here, and together with other data points, it raises concerning questions about the negative effect of waning antibodies, constant boosting, and the consequences of a leaky vaccine with narrow-spectrum suboptimal antibodies against an ever-evolving virus."
Could this be some combination of the unvaccinated being more likely to have already had it, and hence have natural immunity and people with underlying medical issues in each of those age categories being more likely to have been vaccinated?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Service Dog wrote: I am presenting rates of Hospitalization and Death. HALF of Covid deaths (60%) & hospitalizations (47.5%) occur IN JABBED PEOPLE in the first 14 to 21 days after jabbed-people get their jab. Yet, those jabbed people are counted in official stats as 'unvaccinated'. Which gives the false impression that those hospitalized and dead people were un-jabbed.
There is a behaviour in stats measuring the effectiveness of speed cameras. Often speed cameras are put on stretches of road after there has been a spike in accidents. The question arises, was there a spike because the road suddenly became more likely to have speed related crashes, or was it just that you are bound to have years where a road has fewer than average crashes, and some years where it has more. What you find is that it is certainly the case that a lot of speed cameras are put on roads after the road had a bad year. Naturally the road then regressed to the mean. If you naively record the accident rate immediately before and immediately after installing the camera, you are guaranteed to show that speed cameras work to reduce accidents, even if they are doing nothing of the kind.

Given that I should think spikes in cases and the associated media blitz probably causes and increase in all sorts of harm avoidance behaviour, like getting vaccinated, it may well be that similar deceptive effects are happening in the stats over Covid. If people are more likely to get vaxed when covid rates are high, you might see a correlation between infection and recent vaccination.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Speaking of processing new insights-- which contradict former assumptions--

the last few days have made me aware that I've been "wrong about" Star Wars, for a long time. The idea-of-it in my head... is contradicted by what was actually presented on the screen... since at-least the late 1990's. I knew that latter-stuff sucked, but I didn't comprehend that the wonderful, unrealized 'potential' of the early Star Wars actually-was demolished by the subsequent concretely-realized-failures. Star Wars is a funny thing to be 'wrong' about. Isn't everyones subjective opinion equally valid? Nope.
fafnir wrote: Peter Parker exists out of in universe time. Peter Parker was decoupled decades ago from living in any decade. He doesn't age. You could make a retro Spiderman movie set in the 60s. You could make Spiderman black, or a girl, or an alien. Luke Skywalker exists at a particular time in the in universe timeline. You can't tell a Luke Skywalker story set in the old Republic without some radical explanation of why he is there. You can't tell a Luke Skywalker story where he is a girl (not explicitly anyway). Luke Skywalker hasn't been abstracted down to a reusable Platonic ideal in the way Spiderman has.
In recent years, the Red Letter Media guys-- and others-- speculated that Disney might resort to the gimmick of Time Travel-- to salvage defects in the Star Wars mythos. For example-- Ewan McGregor can't share a screen with Mark Hamill. All the 'strong female characters' can't have a girl-power team-up 'moment' onscreen together.

At this point I'm shocked that Disney didn't go-for-it. It's less of a non-sequitur than it might seem. Couldn't ascended-master Luke Skywalker travel-back thru the history of all the long-dead Jedis whose spirits reside in-him... to make a guest appearance in the Old Republic? Or as wise-old voice in the head of a young farmboy born in some other place & time?
fafnir wrote: Why is it that we can see Spider Man origin stories where he gets bitten by a radioactive spider, has girl trouble and then has to fight a costumed bad guy in New York while preserving his secret identity over and over with different actors, and still be willing to see it again? Yet, when we see Star Wars showing us a new heroes journey to destroy a spherical space laser we complain we've seen it before? Why did people put up with it in Jedi, but complained the Last Jedi was just a soft reboot?

Superhero movies operate like contrapuntal music. You have familiar melodies that then get creatively shown to you in new and creative interactions with one another. The character explores the same story, but this time instead of having to learn responsibility, subtle changes are introduced and the lesson is different. In this story instead of Batman being driven by the loss of his parents, Batman is now Thomas Wayne, driven by the loss of his son. Star Wars doesn't work like that.

Last night I watched Season 1 of the Karate Kid sequel series 'Cobra Kai'. Then I watched the half-hour Red Letter Media review video.

The Cobra Kai show is guilty of EVERY awful grave-robbing cliché of the Soft Reboot era... and yet... it's a shockingly good show. Not 'great' or 'important'. But doubleplusgood. Like a size extra-medium t-shirt. But, crucially, it's Not Bad. It's the damnedest thing to behold.

The Red Letter Media guys talk-about Season 2. They say it gets silly-- that all these current-day kids end-up caring a whole-lot about Karate & having karate battles in their upscale highschool. Also-- it's funny that so many characters who were children in a karate tournament back in 1981-- end-up having their entire lives defined by that one moment. The moral: Karate ruins everyone's lives!

Oddly, this is a major theme of the entire 9-movie Star Wars franchise. What the fuck is "The Force"? For one thing, it's an obvious synonym for 'Power'... and it ain't exactly news that a tunnel-vision pursuit of sheer Power for it's own sake-- is a recipe for destruction. That's a tragic flaw straight outta a Greek tragedy.

And Rian Johnson's 'Star Wars #8 The Second-to-the-Last-Jedi' explicitly tried to explore this notion-- that Luke Skywalker had come to realize that Jedi's and 'the force' and all that crap... had ruined his life & everyone else's. Of all people-- Mark Hamill shoulda been able to see the parallel to his own acting career & life... but he doesn't seem to have his heart in the role at all. He likes being a big fish in the little Star Wars geekdom pond.

In conclusion-- the original 'Karate Kid' movie is clearly set on a version of Earth in the Star Wars universe. Mr. Miyagi is a Jedi-yoda. Young Daniel is Young Luke, mastering The Force. The gang of bullies are Darkside Darth & his 1-dimensional stormtroopers.

And Season 1 of the many-years-later sequel/soft-reboot/nostalgia cash-in... is only disgraceful in-principle. It's just fine, like decent cover of an iconic original song.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

fafnir wrote: speed cameras
very astute.
fafnir wrote: If people are more likely to get vaxed when covid rates are high, you might see a correlation between infection and recent vaccination.
I wonder if any govt is running a secret placebo study within their vax rollout... Maybe Bill Gates & the CIA know that a random assortment of Tuskegee-style guinea-pigs were injected with saline... and they're being-tracked to see how the fare in comparison to the main herd.

It has to be a secret-- otherwise the AIDS-drugs trials will repeat... the desperate guys with AIDS would sign-up to participate in multiple studies to increase their odds of getting an effective drug. And they knew that half-of-them were in a control group... so they shared their pills to make-sure everybody got _some_ of the real meds. Utterly screwed-up the data. If everybody knew a certain percentage of vax-jabs were duds-- you'd see people trying to 'get out of jury duty' by getting injected multiple-times.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Service Dog wrote: In conclusion-- the original 'Karate Kid' movie is clearly set on a version of Earth in the Star Wars universe. Mr. Miyagi is a Jedi-yoda. Young Daniel is Young Luke, mastering The Force. The gang of bullies are Darkside Darth & his 1-dimensional stormtroopers.

John D

Post by John D »

My new favorite youtube channel.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
Interesting and thoughtful discussion. I just updated the little greeting sign I have I my living room. It now says "Consciousness equals narrative plus facts".

My wife will continue to wonder what the fuck I am talking about... but when I walk past it I have the opportunity to think.
Couple of interesting blog posts there by Paul Kingsnorth - somewhat intriguingly named Substack: The Abbey of Misrule.

But by "consciousness equals narrative plus facts" hangs a tale or two, notably relative to the transgender clusterfuck. As you've commented on Shrier's Irreversible Damage and you have a daughter and her boy-girl-it-friend as cases-in-point, you might be interested in a couple of blog posts by one Eliza Mondegreen on the topic:

https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/all-about-doubt
https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/ ... ualism-and

She clearly has some commendable sympathy for those afflicted with that "disease", that delusion, that cognitive distortion, but she also makes some cogent criticisms of it and the social consequences of pandering to their delusions:
Just watched Cluniac’s video where he responds to FTM vlogger Jackson Bird’s rambling disquisition on trans doubt. It’s worth watching. Bird’s video has haunted me since I first saw it, not just the dissembling, but because when I listen to Bird, I hear my FTM friend, who binged on videos just like this before coming out as trans. They have same broken voice, but more alarmingly: the same expressions, the same tones, the same turns of phrase, the same show of ideologically-caged cleverness.

We had conversations about doubt (my friend had a lot of doubts) where my friend recycled these exact talking points. At the time, I'd never seen this video, and I wondered where on earth my friend came up with this stuff that was somehow senseless and yet so compelling, a line of questioning that worked like a raging flood, sweeping away the foundations of every possible critique.

This way of thinking left my friend no solid ground to stand on. After all, if you believe you've been wrong—deluded, really—about the most basic facts about your identity—whether you're a man or a woman—who are you to ask questions?
But the whole problem there is that if there are no objective correlates, no objective criteria for membership in the categories "woman" and "female" then it is not surprising that the transgendered will delude themselves into thinking it's only subjective, only a matter of "self-identification". I wonder whether your daughter's friend would concede she's still a female - amusing she still has functional ovaries ... - and whether she even knows what the standard definition is.

I had posted a comment on Mondegreen's Substack raising that issue, but - surprise, surprise - she hasn't risen yet to the bait:

https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/ ... nt/4624930

But part of that comment was a link to a YouTube video by Posie Parker - subsequently deleted because of copyright claims - which had championed the standard biological definitions for the sexes:

Kellie had apparently responded to my comment objecting to me arguing that those with no gonads or none that were functional were thereby sexless. The comment is, of course, gone, but a brief sighting of it suggested that her objections were along the fairly common line of:

Tweets_CarbonBasedLesbian_Female_Human_1A.jpg
(68.65 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Equivalently:
A [teenager] is an [juvenile] human. A [teenager] is a member of the ... class that [is between the ages of 13 & 19 inclusive]. Humans are teenagers. A person who is 40 years of age is still a human in the same way that a person remains [a teenager] regardless of [age] status.
:roll:

Unclear on the concept that being bipedal, a female, a male, or even a teenager is not at all a "necessary and sufficient condition" to qualify as a human - those are "accidental properties", not essential ones. Never let it be said that most women - even those who are ostensibly PhDs - are overburdened by a debilitating reliance on reason, logic, and rationality.

We really can't resolve this issue until we're prepared to call a spade a fucking shovel, to specify precisely what it is that qualifies any of us to be members of either the male or female categories - or of neither.
John D wrote: I am a bit different from many people I know. When I find out some fact that I have been wrong about it makes me excited. I like being wrong... well... not so much being wrong... but I get a thrill when I discover a fact or idea that I have not encountered before. I love to think about what this new "fact" might mean.

I think this is pretty unusual.
Certainly rather uncommon though "unusual" seems a stretch. Barbara Oakley, an engineering prof at Oakland University, wrote a rather brilliant book - particularly for a woman ... ;-) - titled A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra); highly recommended - wherein she alludes to something similar with this cogent insight:
That whispered, intuitive solution to whatever puzzle you are attempting to deal with is one of the most elusively cool feelings of math and science - and art, literature, and anything else creative, for that matter! And yes, as you'll see, math and science are deeply creative forms of thinking even when you are just learning them in school.[pg 30]
And astronomer Fred Hoyle and physicist Richard Feynman were quoted in Paul Davies' The Mind of God as suggesting that "moments of inspiration" felt much like what they assumed religious revelations to feel like. "elusively cool feelings", indeed.

But, somewhat apropos of which and if it wouldn't trouble you too much, I really would appreciate hearing your reasons for arguing earlier that I "post shit about evolution". No need to feel worried that your answer might jeopardize our abiding friendship, but you know how I hate the prospect of being seen as a "know-it-all", and would welcome your exposition on exactly where and how I went off the rails in my discussion of evolution. Thanks in advance.

Warmest regards,
Jim ;-)

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Who could have predicted this?
https://apple.news/Aelq429VAQGSWxmdeliv4TQ

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pfizer Brand VODKA: improves driving ability! Take 5 quick shots, right before kids walk home from school... then go drive around town. (Doesn't take effect immediately. So we'll count you as 'un-vax-toxicated' til sunset.) Then! Behold! ...the DRAMATIC DECREASE in the number of flattened children, just ONE DAY after taking the shots!

John D

Post by John D »

Robespierre would be so proud of Quebec!

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Possibly blasphemy to Kate Bush fans but I love this!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I watched a recent Dr. John Campbell video-- in-which he explained that Covid vaccines lose their effectiveness over time. If you get the first 2 shots... you have 20 weeks of protection. If you get the booster-- the diminishing return is only 10 weeks of protection. And scientists are concerned that a 4th shot will continue this pattern, diminishing to 5 weeks of protection (and so on).

I don't recall which specific video contained this tidbit, or whether Campbell showed-onscreen a paper printout of the point he was making, complete with URL citations, making a little ballpoint checkmark next to the point. But Campbell is so consistent in his demeanor and presentation... that I trust his words were backed with his usual degree of transparency & rigor.

IN CONTRAST, here's Dr. Fauci, suggesting the exact-opposite of Campbell's claim. Asked-about the durability of 3rd & 4th boosters-- Fauci insinuates that "...THE THIRD SHOT BOOST WILL GIVE A MUCH GREATER DURABILITY OF PROTECTION".

"We may need to boost again" [4th shot] says Fauci. As-if that's those are the only 2 choices: either the booster works so-great that it lasts forever/ or-else the booster fades so-fast that we need to re-boost 5 weeks later/ then re-boost 2.5 weeks later, and re-boost 1.25 weeks later, then 4 days & 12 hours later... Fauci omits any acknowledgement that an Ever Accelerating booster schedule is useless or counterproductive. (At least the EU's Medicines agency has admitted that.)

The depth of my engagement with Campbell vs. Fauci-- is subjective. I trust Campbell on a human, personal level-- including things like his demeanor. I don't trust Fauci. I've seen Fauci flip-flop, lie, exaggerate, obfuscate, snarl, shill. In particular, his frequent, indiscriminate use of ad hominems --is an invitation to dismiss him as a bad hominid.

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote: Possibly blasphemy to Kate Bush fans but I love this!

Sorry. I hate it... haha. But, I am happy that you like it. I am not a fan of this singing style. Too much production. Very fake sounding to me... but I am 60 yo so I never will like this style.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That Kate Bush song made no impression on me in 1985, except one indelible moment-- behind an Iowa shopping mall, when my best friend, little brother & I were walking up a steep patch of grass between the parking lot & street I lived-on. My brother spastically zig-zagged on the grass, belting-out the line "I'm running up-and-down that hill! I'm running up-and-down that hill!", making fun of the song. And my C-3PO-ish best friend said "That's not how the song goes. She doesn't say "and down". "You can't make fun of it for being a stupid song, if that's not-even how the song goes." "It's still a stupid song, it's about running down a hill. It's terrible," contended my brother.

___

Wikipedia sez MTV declined to show the original music video for the song, opting for a live-performance version. The original video is a full-on modern dance duet, with Martha Graham-style costumes & movements. It so perfectly typifies the state of professional modern dance in 1985... that it is entirely non-distinctive. Like watching a random clip of a first-string NFL quarterback throw a competent pass & achieve 1st Down in 1985... then asking if I saw that game back-then. Who knows? But I grew up with a lot of girls who devoted a whole lotta effort to dances classes in that exact-specific tradition. As-if that was a reasonable career path. It wasn't impossible, but it wasn't reasonable. Like-- you _can_ make a career of ventriloquism, riding a unicycle, or throwing a football blindfolded. But it's a goofy thing to pursue.

The band Placebo is also perfectly-named & never made an impression on me. Bhurzo's taste in music is even-gayer than John's. But that's not unique. I've seen it many times before: soccer hooligans who love WHAM! Jersey short weightlifters lifting to C&C Music Factory. 90's Manchester disco gangsters. Gravitating-to the most get-to-the-point viscerally-appealing music... instead of neurotically worrying about it, in a squinty beta-male way. "Yeah/This works/done." (The fishing captain I work-for mumbles crap like that 1995 "How bizarre, how bizarre" song to-himself, while he works.)

At the far-opposite end, I know toughguy millennial wheelie-bikers who scoff-at music altogether. As-if it's just useless weak noise they can't comprehend. And that strikes me as even-gayer. Gayer than Elton John.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: Please note... this is NOT a simple comparison between 'the unvaccinated' and 'the vaccinated'... two groups which might have a wide variety of Other differences.. which could explain-away the differences in their rates of Hospitalization & Death. (Correlation is not Causation.)
Progress! ;-)
Service Dog wrote: RATHER-- the pattern of discrepancy also-appears as a gap in Hospitalization & Death-- between the Twice Vaccinated and the Thrice Vaccinated.

An absurd stretch of credulity is required-- to believe (with zero evidence) that Twice Vaccinated people are extremely-different from Thrice Vaccinated people:
Given that you apparently manage to believe several impossible things before breakfast, I don't see why you can't manage that. Particularly given some solid evidence:

Covid_Statistics_UK_Scotland_Table15_1A.jpg
(224.03 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Note the 4 to 5 times difference in hospitalizations for the "Booster or 3 Doses" in comparison to the other categories.

Though it is moot why that is the case - maybe the effectiveness of the booster hasn't waned enough yet to reduce that disparity.
Service Dog wrote: Another-way that disclaimer Does Not Apply-- is that I'm NOT merely presenting a comparison of "case rates" of Positive Covid TESTS.

I am presenting rates of Hospitalization and Death. HALF of Covid deaths (60%) & hospitalizations (47.5%) occur IN JABBED PEOPLE in the first 14 to 21 days after jabbed-people get their jab. Yet, those jabbed people are counted in official stats as 'unvaccinated'. Which gives the false impression that those hospitalized and dead people were un-jabbed.
And your evidence for those statistics is what? Show your work ...

Even your "highly reputable" Blaze article indicates that those contracting Covid within the first 14 days or so of a second dose are not included in the unvaccinated category but only in the single dose one. Likewise for the third dose group.

The devils are in the details; you might try paying closer attention to them.
Service Dog wrote: Some who were previously mislead by misleading statistics-- will react like John D.-- glad to have newer, better information.

Others will retreat into self-delusion, unable to handle the inconvenient truth. Some of those deluded people are powerful-- sitting in judgement on the Supreme Court, governors & presidents issuing Executive Orders. Their tantrums will ravage entire economies, tear the social fabric of communities, divide families, co-workers, & nations.
No doubt some evidence that there are many such misleading statistics. Or that those with an axe to grind misuse them; any plans afoot to admit that you were blowing smoke out of your arse when you claimed that AP had insisted that "VAIDS must be some sort of AIDS"? :roll:

But moot whether the cost of various vaccine mandates is worth their benefits, but some evidence that they do work:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detai ... ually-work

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: Bhurzo's taste in music is even-gayer than John's.
That is seriously gay!

John D

Post by John D »

I always wanted to play "Maria". Why not.... I feel pretty!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

fafnir wrote:

"Scottish data shows that the COVID-19 age-standardized case rate is highest among the two-dose vaccinated and lowest among unvaccinated! It further shows this trend of negative efficacy for the double-vaccinated persisting for hospitalizations and deaths. Something is very wrong here, and together with other data points, it raises concerning questions about the negative effect of waning antibodies, constant boosting, and the consequences of a leaky vaccine with narrow-spectrum suboptimal antibodies against an ever-evolving virus."
Could this be some combination of the unvaccinated being more likely to have already had it, and hence have natural immunity and people with underlying medical issues in each of those age categories being more likely to have been vaccinated?
Definitely some differences in the behaviours of the different cohorts being studied that likely contribute some biases to the calculations. For one thing, I expect that the unvaccinated are less likely to go to the hospital just because they have the sniffles than the vaccinated - expect there are more hypochondriacs in the latter group than in the former. Why the death statistics seem more reliable - much less "subjective", so to speak ...

But that UK/Scotland article provides some welcome qualifications in that regard, even if they may have their thumbs on the scales to some degree - intentionally or inadvertently:

https://publichealthscotland.scot/media ... report.pdf

Generally a very solid description of "the state of the union" there in Scotland, although some of their statistics look sloppy at best; see:

Covid_Statistics_UK_Scotland_Fig8_1A.jpg
(123.33 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Note the left-hand bar chart with their 21%, 29%, & 23% "hospital admissions because of Covid". But if you look closely at the legend underneath, you'll see that there are different size age groups: 26 years for the 19-44, 20 years for the 45-64, and 15 years for the 65-79. Sloppy, misleading, or not quite cricket.

Such misuses or carelessness really doesn't reflect well on science in general or its applications. Was reading the Wikipedia article on Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World that underlines that perspective and failing, or at least limitation:
The Smithsonian article by Paul Trachtman argues that Sagan relates issues of government choices and declining scientific thinking skills to pseudoscience topics like astrology and faith healing but ignores other issues that may be causing governmental bodies and other individuals to turn away from science. One such issue is consequences of pouring governmental money into cancer research. Trachtman writes, "it is not because of such beliefs that Congress now approaches the NIH budget with an ax. In fact, billions of dollars spent on years of research in the war on cancer have spawned growing professional bureaucracies and diminishing medical benefits." Trachtman argues that Sagan does not include problems like growing bureaucracies and diminishing medical benefits as reasons for a lack of scientific attention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demon-Haunted_World

Science is still a useful tool. But seems too many "sorcerer's apprentices" haven't got a clue how to use it properly, or too many charlatans and grifters are using it more for self-aggrandizement than not.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
Service Dog wrote: Bhurzo's taste in music is even-gayer than John's.
That is seriously gay!
You fail to factor in my manic competitive nature! Now that you've said that, I'll be heading down the docks wearing pink hotpants and lip-gloss. Good luck shifting that mental picture...

#MadForTheCock

(I don't care how gay they are, they rock!)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

In addition to my last, RE: Placebo (and going "Full Bateman"):

I remember a UK music journo describing their album "Without you I'm nothing" as "pretentious self-pity set to third rate garage rock" or something along those lines. I was actually quite angry as I'm a massive fan of that particular album. Now, every time I play the damned thing, the journo-twat's "review" scrapes through my head and sours my enjoyment.

Anyway, this is my #1 track from the album (it's very precious to me, personal reasons) and hate to admit, the journo might be onto something. Fuck.

If you let YT play on, the next track "My sweet prince" is also a cracker! Sure, it's gayer than Elton John's buttplug box (pass the mind-bleach!) but it's one of those "downer" songs that is strangely uplifting.

Bateman out.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

John D wrote: I always wanted to play "Maria". Why not.... I feel pretty!

That’s a little overboard.
(Still too soon?)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And John, you’re wrong about Shinehead being a one-hit wonder (which I assume you have in mind Nothing Compares 2 U). Her first album, innovative and creative, garnered a lot of acclaim, and included her first hit, I Want Your Hands on Me, which is very hawt. Mandinka and Troy were really good tracks that also got a lot of air play. Her second album featured Nothing Compares 2 U, but first hit off the album was The Emperor’s New Clothes. So a five-hit wonder at minimum.

Then she went completely batshit crazy, tore up a poster of the pope on SNL, and thereafter recorded weird crap that nobody listened to.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bari Weiss is "done" with covid lunacy.

Coyne has the closest thing an asexual aspie can have to a crush on Bari. This might deflate him.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Gays In 7th grade-- that C3PO kid moved-in across the street from me & we became best friends... runnin' up&down that hill, behind the mall.
I made-up superheroes (that was as close as I could manage to being a writer) & he drew them. We were both horny little virgins, consumed with desire for the same girls. He sure-as-hell wasn't faking it-- but then-- around 10th grade, he said he was gay. And he has-been, ever since. I found it slightly awkward & inconvenient, but considered it a mere speedbump in our friendship. But I moved-away that year... and I always-assumed that moving-away was responsible for our friendship diminishing. Today I wondered if-- had I stayed-- I would have learned that his gayness made us too-different to remain as close as we had-been.

New state, new school, new friends... got laid, went thru a couple girlfriends... and as 11th grade turned-into 12th... I had a girlfriend who seemed like a good match. Low on drama, high on fun, similar interests & friends, no hassle. We graduated, she went-off to NY to attend Columbia. We tried to stay-together long distance. Early in 1st semester-- she said she might be gay. Seemed-like she was still interested in me, so I thought it wasn't a deal-breaker. Another mere speedbump. I was attracted to other-girls, but as long as I didn't fuck 'em: no prob. Same for her: as long as she didn't fuck 'em, no prob. Heck, I'd *rather* she be attracted to other girls/ than to other guys! I went to the library & looked-at some books about gay activism & culture. Before I could learn that her-being-gay WAS a no-two-ways-about-it dealbreaker... she cheated on me-- with a dude. So I was sad & we broke-up. She stayed gay, married a woman... who birthed 'their' kids.

Freshman year of college ended. I left the big midwestern state school which was boring me to death. Moved to NYC, got-together with my ex-- for 23 years. She was a modern & ballet dancer... which automatically means 'fag hag'... sooo many gay mentors & colleagues & confidantes. I didn't-quite fit-in to the scene, but being the token straight guy could also be amusing. I moved alot growing-up, so not-quite fitting-in felt normal to me. She & I ended-up in the extra-gay end of the danceworld: associating with drag queens, nightclubs, vogue-dancing. Gay friends had gay problems-- like getting involved with prostitution, meth, & dying of AIDS. Gay friends & other fag-hags sometimes had deep reservoirs of anti-straight resentment-- which would be directed at-me as the nearby straight proxy. I didn't realize... around age 40... as ex started to question aging & life & future... how eager all the fags & hags would-be to encourage her to get-rid of me. "You go girl." And how instantly I would be erased in their circles.

I ended-up crashing with a black gay dancer friend whose dance company I had helped manage, years before. He was messed-up on smoking crack & mental health probs & acting like a space-case. I got the hell out, as fast as I could.

One of the 1st chicks I dated-- getting back in circulation-- was a singer comedienne cast-member of Legally Blonde The Musical and Kinky Boots. (exceedingly gay shows.) On the side, she did a comedy & singing routine at gay bars & gay cruises... with an entirely faggot fanbase. She was similar to a drag queen-- but an actual woman. Frankly, I've known lots of women like-that, down at the corner bar-- home to retro-burlesque strippers (females). She & I lacked sexual chemistry. And she was so-deep into gay-ass-shit... that she'd want to play Justin Timberlake music in the background, during sex. Or leave the fucking TV on... loud in the next room... with RuPaul's drag race playing! I was like-- does this chick think _I'm_ gay? Does she think this is some helpful gay fluffing For Me?! I couldn't deal. A few years later-- she did go lesbo. I think she first gave it a shot... just to win more gay-points in her 100% gay-man lifestyle. But it genuinely suited her... she stayed fully gay.

Meanwhile... my closest 2 friends had-been a couple of bartenders at that corner bar. A big six-foot-six blond frankenstein & a little five-five wolverine. The big one had a serious girlfriend in college-- at Bennington. She hurt him bad & claimed he consciously 'became gay' in rejection of females. (Sounded austitic to me.) But after 7 years of that-- including having bartended at a gay bar & lived-with a dude... he had gone celibate for years. He "was gay" as far as the fag-hag girls he knew from college were concerned. But he acted straight & could 'hang' with straight dudes & fit-right-in. Eventually he started fucking this weird russian chick with a doctor's satchel full of dirty dildos & handcuffs. Which-- I figured-- "Well, I guess that's-how a gay-guy has 'straight' sex". Or else it's how a messed-up straight guy finds his way back to being straight? Whichever. Then he married this pushy black cabaret singer bitch-- a decade older than him. His faghag college girlfriends rolled their eyes & he forbade them to mention his gay past to the new wife. I was best man at the wedding, but wife is the type who is BLM because it's an excuse to be rageful. So... another straight-friendship with a gay-faggot was over... seemingly due-to a cause other-than him-being-gay. His Bitch Wife. But... it smelled gay.

The little five-foot-five bartender was Fang. He was straight-- in his 20's. He went out with lots of girls (picked-up at the bar at closing-time) but never very-long. The gayest thing about him-- was that he dressed like a children's cartoon version of Lemmy. Leather & denim fag/ or Adrian from The Young Ones? Impossible to say. But then his dad died & he decided 'life is short' & he came-out as a cross-dresser who only wants to fuck other men in drag. What did I think of that? "Jesus fucking Christ-- here we go again." He professed that he didn't want to 'transition'. So I figured I'd try-to stay friends with him in dude-mode/ and hope that his drag-queen mode didn't become overly-prevalent. (His 'female' routine is preposterous. Voice like a Monty Python character, the most hackneyed drag-queen one-liners. I can't stand being around it.) Within a year, he contracted AIDS. I had my own troubles-- and he was the most loyal friend I had. We helped each-other stumble-along. But lately... I doubt we'll remain "real" friends. We might stay in touch & maintain a trivial lighthearted communication. But the dude's head is wrapped-up in his weird gay fetishes & fantasies... and he regards everything-else as frustrating obstacles blocking-his-way. Like a kid being forced to attend school. Our friendship hasn't changed, but somehow ... I became-like a stern teacher bothering-him. And (this is the buried lede) today I'm wondering-if I woulda known-better than to associate so closely with all these fucking unreliable gays... if-only I had stayed in Iowa long-enough for that 1st gay best-friendship to fall apart... directly due to the gay factor.

As GF cooked dinner, I played the Placebo/Kate Bush song. GF lit-up, excited, because she loves anything from that era. Pulp, Placebo... those were her glory years of partying in bars. She has some personal history with the band... I dunno. This friend was their hairdresser, or that friend sold them cocaine or such. She immediately mentioned that the Placebo guy is "a gaylord" and "poofta". ha ha. She's not into the rainbow-flag political-activist do-gooder side of gay. But her best friends are gay-guy coke-buddies from yesteryear... an interior decorator & the guy who casts models for an underwear company. She has a low opinion of gays, in some ways. But she cares too-much about fashion-- and its pantheon of gay gods. Her brain has a gay shopping district.

There's a clip going-around in Conservative circles-- of Ben Shapiro's mini-me Matt Walsh-- appearing on the Dr. Phil show. Theres a Rainbow Of Fruits on the stage... a guy with full beard & lipstick... a feminist neck tattoo professor cunt. They talk to Matt Walsh like he's a square. Like he's a straight man living in straight land who just heard about this brand new 'gay' think last-week... and he's reacting reflexively & defensively/ without good intel. They're unabashedly condescending to him.

I don't know where this straight planet is-- that he's supposedly-from. But it ain't this one. I don't care about terminology... homophobic, anti-gay...
I'll accept any label. But I took the looooooooong way to get here, cunt. I'm not _ignorant_ about faggotry. I'm burnt-out on it, tho.

I read this aloud to GF. At the end, she said "Theirry Mugler died today. He was 73. Did you know he started-out as a dancer? When he got old, he transformed his body with growth-hormones & ab implants." (exact transcription, as she scanned the news on her phone & told-me.) Jesus Christ-- she might-as-well be a gay man. And yes dear, I knew he was a dancer. I met him backstage at Wigstock the year I won a Glammy award with all my dancer friends. I was a prop on the stage-- inside a 12 foot sculpture-- a black&white 'barber pole' of spandex... I made it sway with a big umbrella handle. The set-designer called it "The Unicorn Penis".

Now she's watching a fashion show from 2 days ago... Junya Watanabe's FALL/WINTER 2022 line, inspired-by Jamiroquai.

Bhurzum... you've got your finger right on the gay dick-pulse of fashion! Retro 90's electronic-pop is Soooo hawt right now!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Canadian truckers organize 'Freedom Convoy' to protest vax mandates.

the Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada organizes a diversion:
https://cpcml.ca/220119-notice-from-wes ... sociation/

CBC:

https://media.patriots.win/post/n6DyNGV8jf1x.jpeg