Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Service Dog »

Breaker, breaker one-nine. Nine one. One billion. Trillion. This here's the Ice Cream Man. Anybody got their ears on? Hello? Negatory, good buddy. That ain't no lot lizard, that's my son! I got a load of Malarkey, bound for Scranton. Over and out. Obama-ma'am-a-jamma.

Touring a Mack Truck plant yesterday, Biden claimed: "I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man."

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/ ... 2443078656

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Delta, American, United Airlines Are Providing African Migrants Free Flights To The U.S.

As hundreds of illegal immigrants surge across the southern border daily, migrants from Africa are gaining entry into the United States with free plane tickets paid funded by American taxpayers.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-con ... r.com_.jpg

Miles4Migrants, which is funded by the Shapiro Foundation and the Tripadvisor Foundation, works with Delta Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Uber, and a network of over 50 nonprofit partners including the UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency.

[Senator Jeff Merkley responded with this tweet:]
@SenJeffMerkley
· Jul 2, 2020
.@AmericanAir: how many Americans will die bc you fill middle seats, w/ your customers shoulder to shoulder, hour after hour. This is incredibly irresponsible. People eat & drink on planes & must take off masks to do so. No way you aren’t facilitating spread of COVID infections.
In June, Uber launched a ride credit fund to support Miles4Milate, allowing migrants to safely get to their destination using donated frequent flyer miles and credit card points.

The Democratic Republic of Congo Africa has been the primary country of origin of refugees seeking admittance to the United States following the country’s 2019 Ebola outbreak according to the Department of Homeland Security.

Illegal immigrants can also receive free commercial flights into the U.S. interior from Catholic Charities, a non-profit organization funded by US taxpayers.
Once into the United States, illegal immigrants are allowed to bypass photo identification requirements all American citizens are required to adhere to. They are able to board flights without a photo ID and do not have to verify their coronavirus or vaccination status.

Migrants are relying on the network of nonprofit organizations for entry into the US.

Miles4Migrants
@miles4migrants
·
Jun 30
Miles4Migrants is working with the Biden Administration's Family Reunification Task Force to provide reunion flights for families unjustly separated at the U.S.-Mexico Border. Here's one of their stories. Help support a flight at http://miles4migrants.org.
While the Trump administration purchased discounted tickets to deport illegal migrants back to their countries of origin, Biden’s catch and release mandate essentially literally accommodate illegal aliens with a free taxi service.

Since Biden has taken office in January, “the number of [illegal immigrant] minors in federal custody has more than tripled to over 7,000. In response, the Biden administration has flown approximately 7,200 border-crossers into the U.S. interior on domestic commercial flights from February 19 to April 22 and continues to offer free flights to illegal aliens to their destination of choice.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is reportedly directing “ICE to help transport migrants northward so they can be processed and released.”

Biden officials are also placing border crossers in free hotel rooms at $71 to $90 a night who stay for sometimes less than 48 hours before one of the assisting nonprofit organizations puts them on commercial flights, for free, into the U.S. interior.

While the Biden administration’s open-border policy welcomes migrants from around the world with open arms, Cubans fleeing persecution from a communist dictator in Cuba are the exception.

Any Cuban who tries to sail over to Florida or the US in any location “will not come” into America, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas warned.

“Do not risk your life attempting to enter the United States illegally,” Mayorkas said in a July 14 briefing. “You will not come to the United States.”

Even Cubans who make it to the US and can prove they face torture and literal danger will be sent to “third countries” to be resettled.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ights-u-s/

https://external-preview.redd.it/QF-vuT ... 63c3522b83

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: ...Biden...
You're starting to make me feel sorry for him.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
You're starting to make me feel sorry for him.
► Show Spoiler

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Touring a Mack Truck plant yesterday, Biden claimed: "I used to drive an 18-wheeler, man."
He was only behind the wheel for a few minutes -- just enough to smash through the prison gates when he freed Nelson Mandela.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Brive1987 wrote: This is a recent, and sane, tour de force podcast on COVID origins; pros and cons of the possibility it was a lab escape.

Attia does good podcasts, usually health related. He sounds like Sam Harris.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/t ... 0529316847
Listening to the episode is drudgery, for me. You warned me: "He sounds like Sam Harris." Woulda been ok if I paired it with a repetitive task, like painting a room. But I'm still gnawing at it, a few minutes at a time.

When I read the guest's Vanity Fair article-- I thought it was odd that she exposed institutional groupthink & gaslighting from the medical/political establishment... yet she firmly parroted the same establishment's groupthink... that Trump could do-no-right.

The same is true in this interview. For example, she finds fault with Trump cutting-off US funding for the Wuhan lab _before_ 'the experts' concluded that the Chinese might be covering up a leak. She calls this 'politicizing' the decision. She baselessly rules-out the possibility that Trump's decision was based on a sincere, well-founded distrust of the chinese regime.

Attia also parrots the establishment's talking points-- when he asserts that it was a distraction-- to Even Care whether the virus was naturally-occurring or man-made/ rather than focus on fighting the virus, regardless of origin. But those two things aren't mutually-exclusive. If we knew the virus was spliced-together, we might be able to apply what we know about fighting each-component-part.

I do think the pairing of Attia & guest-- does eventually grind toward truth, in a plodding way. If they were merely being methodical, I wouldn't complain. But they're being slightly-stupid-on-purpose. To not defy conventional wisdom. Even that is useful: they're teaching me how to sneak up on taboo subjects without setting off alarms. But we can't tiptoe around our Corrupt Overlords forever. If we never challenge them-- we'll never be free of them.

I'm not to the end of the podcast. Maybe they'll hold the bastards' feet to the fire. But... not yet. (I did fall asleep for a while... somewhere between 4 minutes & 35 minutes.) Another example: she aaaaalmost doesn't mention a huge problem with the Lancet letter signatories... who said the virus Couldn't Possibly Have Been Leaked From A Lab. Only an afterthought-- a follow-up question-- jostles her to mention that the letter contained wording that those who signed it had No Conflict Of Interest. And, of course, that was a lie. And the letter was engineered by Fauci's crony Peter Daszak... as we learned from Fauci's emails. Yet this bitch calls anyone who thinks Fauci should be fired: "nutcases".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This 26 year old murdered the 92 year old artist who mentored her.
https://news.yahoo.com/renowned-92-old- ... 18759.html

The story reminded me of Beverly Pepper-- an elderly artist who I used-to assist-- a decade ago-- moving her sculptures & arranging-them for display.

Pepper was extremely concerned for my safety. And her later works were made of foam/ painted with rust to look like heavy steel.
I learned this was because one of Pepper's steel obelisks had fallen & killed a young female assistant.

I now see that Pepper lived until February 2020, and died at age 97, in Italy-- where much of her art career transpired.

I got the impression that she was a little-too-late on the scene, a little too similar to other artists, perhaps a little too much of a hobbyist... to have been considered a major artist. But, I suspect that she outlived her contemporaries-- lasting long-enough that the romantic-version of her story-- an attractive, international, sophisticated woman-- prevailed with recent audiences.

https://westerngallery.wwu.edu/files/Pe ... to%202.jpg
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2020/02 ... eLarge.jpg

All of the above is mere preamble.
The reason I'm typing all-this, is because the murder-story led to me googling Pepper. Which led to her HUSBAND. Curtis Bill Pepper.

"During World War II, he joined MIS-X, a specialized branch of military intelligence dealing with combat deception, escape and evasion, and edited the MIS-X manual for the U.S. Army, while also lecturing on this subject at military and air corps bases throughout the U.S. Assigned to the Italian theater, he joined A-Force, a field unit of MIS-X on the 5th Army front – covertly setting up "rat lines" behind the German lines to bring back downed pilots and escaped prisoners of war. From there, he was assigned to MI-9, an escape and evasion command in the British 8th Army, where he was twice cited in dispatches. He received a Bronze Star from the U.S. Army for wartime services.

After V-E Day, he remained in Italy to command a field unit investigating 143 alleged war crimes against U.S. Army and Air Corps personnel. Eventually retiring with rank of a major, he returned to Italy to study the Italian Renaissance at the University of Florence, and write a first, unpublished novel. At the same time, he free-lanced magazine articles and film scripts. In 1951, he joined the Rome bureau of the United Press, and three years later moved to CBS with special reporting for Edward R. Murrow. In 1956, as chief of bureau for Newsweek he produced cover stories on Italy's political leaders, film stars and directors, the death and election of three popes, the theology of the Second Vatican Council, profiles of kings, presidents and dictators in Jordan, Greece, Israel, Egypt, Tunisia, Spain and Yugoslavia."

"A fifth work, Kidnapped! (Harmony Books, 1978), focused on the kidnapping industry in Italy through seventeen days of terror experienced by Paolo Lazzaroni, millionaire son of Italy's "Biscuit King."

"His biographical novel, Leonardo (Alan C. Hood & Co., 2012), explores the life and work of Leonardo da Vinci, the formation of his universal mind, and development of his art as he emerged from a traumatic childhood – bastard son of a Circassian slave unwanted by his father, yet nurtured by the love of Albi his young stepmother who appears in his evolving portrayals of the Virgin Mary, culminating in a pregnant Mona Lisa."

Last, BUT NOT LEAST is this article about MIS-X ...and their Real Life HOGAN'S HEROES adventures...

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/2015/ ... w-escapes/

Wowzers.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote: You're starting to make me feel sorry for him.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Service Dog wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: This is a recent, and sane, tour de force podcast on COVID origins; pros and cons of the possibility it was a lab escape.

Attia does good podcasts, usually health related. He sounds like Sam Harris.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/t ... 0529316847
Listening to the episode is drudgery, for me. You warned me: "He sounds like Sam Harris." Woulda been ok if I paired it with a repetitive task, like painting a room. But I'm still gnawing at it, a few minutes at a time.

When I read the guest's Vanity Fair article-- I thought it was odd that she exposed institutional groupthink & gaslighting from the medical/political establishment... yet she firmly parroted the same establishment's groupthink... that Trump could do-no-right.

The same is true in this interview. For example, she finds fault with Trump cutting-off US funding for the Wuhan lab _before_ 'the experts' concluded that the Chinese might be covering up a leak. She calls this 'politicizing' the decision. She baselessly rules-out the possibility that Trump's decision was based on a sincere, well-founded distrust of the chinese regime.

Attia also parrots the establishment's talking points-- when he asserts that it was a distraction-- to Even Care whether the virus was naturally-occurring or man-made/ rather than focus on fighting the virus, regardless of origin. But those two things aren't mutually-exclusive. If we knew the virus was spliced-together, we might be able to apply what we know about fighting each-component-part.

I do think the pairing of Attia & guest-- does eventually grind toward truth, in a plodding way. If they were merely being methodical, I wouldn't complain. But they're being slightly-stupid-on-purpose. To not defy conventional wisdom. Even that is useful: they're teaching me how to sneak up on taboo subjects without setting off alarms. But we can't tiptoe around our Corrupt Overlords forever. If we never challenge them-- we'll never be free of them.

I'm not to the end of the podcast. Maybe they'll hold the bastards' feet to the fire. But... not yet. (I did fall asleep for a while... somewhere between 4 minutes & 35 minutes.) Another example: she aaaaalmost doesn't mention a huge problem with the Lancet letter signatories... who said the virus Couldn't Possibly Have Been Leaked From A Lab. Only an afterthought-- a follow-up question-- jostles her to mention that the letter contained wording that those who signed it had No Conflict Of Interest. And, of course, that was a lie. And the letter was engineered by Fauci's crony Peter Daszak... as we learned from Fauci's emails. Yet this bitch calls anyone who thinks Fauci should be fired: "nutcases".
I’ve listened three times. Well 2.5 as I dozed a bit the first time. I’d say it’s amazing we have someone who comes across as a Demo MSM journalist and she acknowledges that she went from assuming lab leak was nutter talk to 50/50 and erring on agreeing now.

I understand, maybe don’t agree with, but understand her POV that the Trump “China” “wu-flu” pitch derailed the debate, the govt response and the investigation. Obviously TDS was an equal and opposite reinforcing action. But still. The thing did become politicised. Her comment about the funding was more nuanced. She was accurately reporting that the Trump intervention was interpreted as interference in science. And this caused undesirable colour and movements clouding the activity.

Attia was correctly noting that in 2020 most brain cycles were correctly being expended in a reactive fashion on tactical responses - presumably PPE, ventilators, Fed-State coordination, political BS - not on the forensics of origin.

The Lancet letter item was actually centred on the CoI issue, it was far from an afterthought.

The pace of the programme is slowish - but I think that’s to make the issues clear to an otherwise virgin audience who might well be still highly sceptical of conspiracy theory. Attia and guest did well ensuring that tin-foil aspects were quarantined and key points were reiterated and then built on. Hence their desire to hold to a line of questioning distinct from any hint of Qanon vibes.

I think you may be too deep and/or pre-engaged with the topic to be the natural audience. But thank you for listening.

BTW Dr Attia is generally seen as a slightly unconventional nutritional commentator. He is closer to Harris in that, than just his delivery. But here he is thoughtful and generally balanced for a non MAGA flag bearer.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

By the end, I was accustomed to the cadence of their speech, and found it much easier to stay engaged. I went back & listened to the part I slept thru.

Anxiety/frustration initially interfered with my patience, as I listened to them connect-the-dots in real-time, leading to conclusions I think should be made... but then hearing them downplay the significance of their own findings.

Regarding information which has been hidden by the NIH-- Dr. Attia suggested that would-be a ripe area for Freedom of Information Act requests (and Eban agreed). But she did not mention the Democrats blocking a Republican Bill which would-have declassified intel on the Wuhan Lab & US involvement:
https://www.christianitydaily.com/artic ... an-lab.htm

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:19 am
conspiracy theory... tin-foil... Qanon
I absolutely agree that nonsense conspiracy theories should be parsed-away from the serious discussion. Attia & Eban failed at that.

Ms. Eban says she & her Vanity Fair editor decided to investigate the origin of Covid-- only after they felt it was too-late in the game to aid Trump's anti-Chinese "racism". (We've seen the journalists fail this way so many times: covering-up Muslim rape & grooming gangs, for fear of 'Islamaphobia.')

By engaging in that political-calculation... Ms. Eban is guilty-of participating in the same suppression of truth... to game the 2020 Presidential election race... as many partisan-hack-scientists, Big Tech platforms, and news media propagandists... who buried the lab-leak hypothesis.

The correct way to navigate past nonsense is to NOT carelessly toss-around words such as "nutcase" "nutjobs" "racist" and "conspiracy theorists"-- as Ms. Eban continues to do. Loosely invoking QAnon is SPREADING A CONSPIRACY THEORY/ NOT DEBUNKING IT.

[I use all caps because this example has become personal-- I have never believed or supported QAnon (I align myself with Robert Barnes anti-QAnon opinions!)-- and yet other pitters have found it convenient to smear me as a Qtard... attempting to de-legitimize me.

Lsuoma went even further, accusing me of fabricating the personal details of my life which I post here-- and plagiarizing my ideas. But, hey, a little baseless personal defamation is ok as long as I might be one of the Bad People, right?]

If Conspiracy Theories are a serious threat-- and they are-- then Attia & Eban should employ Best Practices to neutralize that threat.

And here's my Best Practices advice: they need to actually pay attention to their own talking-point about Conspiracy Theories: namely-- the notion that Conspiracy Theories Are Preposterous Because It's So Hard To Keep Everyone-Who-Knows Silent & Hidden.

Fauci & Daszak conspired in emails-- and those emails were exposed.

The Lancet signatories being puppeteered by Daszak-- was exposed.

The money-laundering of US funds thru Eco-Health to Wuhan-- was exposed.

Fauci's lies to Congress-- were exposed by Rand Paul.

Same with the Chinese paper about the 4 men sickened by bat-shit-- exposed by an amateur internet sleuth.

The tangential-issue of Hunter Biden's Laptop & Biden lying about his involvement in his son's money laundering business-- have also been exposed, and we long-ago passed the threshold-- of Appearance Of Wrongdoing, bribery, undue foreign influence. Just apply the same standard which would have been applied to Trump or others before-him.

I could go on. ...but if all these tumors have been exposed... then Ms. Eban needs to be clearer about which 'conspiracy theories' are still beyond the pale. Instead-- she describes 'people who want Fauci fired' as-if they are delusional fringe lunatics.

______

I'm dwelling on the negative, because that's where there's something worth discussing. There's a lot of good information in the podcast, and the Vanity Fair article. Thanks for posting it & listening to me.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spreading fear over covid quite literally led to people dying from covid.
“the strongest risk factors for death were [1] obesity … [and 2] anxiety and fear-related disorders.' Specifically, obese people were 30 percent more likely to die if they contracted Covid, while people suffering anxiety were 28 percent more likely to pass away. In other words, being anxious was almost as deadly as being fat.
https://www.aier.org/article/cnns-death-toll/

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Spreading fear over covid quite literally led to people dying from covid.
“the strongest risk factors for death were [1] obesity … [and 2] anxiety and fear-related disorders.' Specifically, obese people were 30 percent more likely to die if they contracted Covid, while people suffering anxiety were 28 percent more likely to pass away. In other words, being anxious was almost as deadly as being fat.
https://www.aier.org/article/cnns-death-toll/
Anxiety is a "risk factor" but it is not causal. My wife was anxious about getting Coco because she knows she has risk factors. The knowledge of risk factors is what creates the anxiety.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Service Dog wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:07 am

[I use all caps because this example has become personal-- I have never believed or supported QAnon (I align myself with Robert Barnes anti-QAnon opinions!)-- and yet other pitters have found it convenient to smear me as a Qtard... attempting to de-legitimize me.
I would like to know why YT channels like this one remain free to spread piles of the stuff horses leave behind, stuff that is way over the line of inflammatory misinformation feeding the delusions of people who think that a military coup and reinstitution of Trump is possible, underway and a good thing. I think they should be free to dump whatever turds they wish, but this stuff is way overboard by YT's own standards. I smell FBI honey, but maybe YT are just picking and choosing the opposition they want you to see.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8qhi ... KYg/videos

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

It was a Bangladeshi Veterinary channel for 4 years... until 48 QAnon videos were uploaded in the last 2 days?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Seems-like the CDC tried to make the 'vaccines' look more effective than they really are:

But the CDC undercounting the number of Breakthru cases... allows the opposition to say this:

https://media.patriots.win/post/JX8QO1bo.jpeg

And so the CDC's counter-propaganda fallback-position is this:

https://media.patriots.win/post/8lRGIvVh.png

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Panic Is the Point for Democrats and the Reason Is Insidious

Democrats and their media allies recognize that the 2022 electoral landscape is looking apocalyptic for them.

Now, you might think that continuing to push lockdowns and mask mandates while undercutting the vaccine would hurt Democrats in the long run, but they are running a different play that most onlookers don’t seem to grasp, including a lot of commentators on the right. The panic they are stoking isn’t meant to earn them new voters. Instead, it’s meant to justify a continuation of emergency orders in a variety of states, many of which include key swing districts that will be decided in 2022….

If the COVID crisis simply doesn’t end, then neither do all the changes to the voting system that allowed mass mail-in voting, drive-thru precincts, and ballot harvesting in 2020 under the guise of an existential emergency.…

The continued incoherence from the left on COVID, the vaccines, masks, and a variety of other surrounding issues is not an accident. Rather, it’s a desperate ploy to keep a crisis alive that they believe they can benefit politically from…. Democrats know COVID is never going completely away and they plan to make hay out of that reality.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:59 pm
The Panic Is the Point for Democrats and the Reason Is Insidious

Democrats and their media allies recognize that the 2022 electoral landscape is looking apocalyptic for them.

Now, you might think that continuing to push lockdowns and mask mandates while undercutting the vaccine would hurt Democrats in the long run, but they are running a different play that most onlookers don’t seem to grasp, including a lot of commentators on the right. The panic they are stoking isn’t meant to earn them new voters. Instead, it’s meant to justify a continuation of emergency orders in a variety of states, many of which include key swing districts that will be decided in 2022….

If the COVID crisis simply doesn’t end, then neither do all the changes to the voting system that allowed mass mail-in voting, drive-thru precincts, and ballot harvesting in 2020 under the guise of an existential emergency.…

The continued incoherence from the left on COVID, the vaccines, masks, and a variety of other surrounding issues is not an accident. Rather, it’s a desperate ploy to keep a crisis alive that they believe they can benefit politically from…. Democrats know COVID is never going completely away and they plan to make hay out of that reality.
Obvious. As they say, if you are going to lie, lie big. The Democrats couldn't possibly be so cynical! They'd never get away with it! Did people not notice four years of lies to disrupt the Trump presidency? Do people really believe that Biden and co think asking voters for ID is Civil War 2.0? Of course they don't, they want to block voter ID laws and they have to come up with some excuse no matter how implausible. If you can't make a remotely sensible argument then go emotional with "resistance" grandstanding. If you make big enough claims with enough emotion your base will assume you have reason. Pelosi kept Jim Jordan out of their insurrection theatre by deploying the desperate times card. Aren't investigations and government committees on big issues always important, so why does Pelosi now get to block people with questions she doesn't like, especially fundamental questions about how Jan 6th happened? Because Congress is now Pharyngula, Nancy has the banhammer and if you don't like it you're a Slymer misogynist.

My concern is that the Republicans are still dominated by institutionalists who will head off the necessary pre-election legal challenges and steps to monitor every aspect of the election. There should be webcams everywhere, trained monitors everywhere, examination of voter rolls and challenges to illegitimate voters. They should publicise election law so that infractions will be challenged by the public. The Dems will scream their voter suppression line. The Republicans need to get at least as organised and litigious as the Democrats usually are.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: If the COVID crisis simply doesn’t end, then neither do all the changes to the voting system that allowed mass mail-in voting, drive-thru precincts, and ballot harvesting in 2020 under the guise of an existential emergency.…
Very plausible.

I would add-- that 'elections', 'pandemic', and 'white rage' are the Existential Threat panic-buttons they press-- to justify Big Tech censorship of opposition, Domestic agencies spying/infiltrating/prosecuting opposition, and unperson-ing opposition thru cancellation/ deplatforming/ mob bullying.

They'll mix & match those ingredients-- to achieve the goal in the link.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

As I noted previously,

Nate Silver lent his name & his statistical reputation to the Get Vax'd! propaganda push:

Well...

Nate don't like havin' egg on his face.

He's sticking with the Vacines Work Great! message, not the new CDC message.

Nate Silver is calling out the CDC & NY Times--
for basing their fearmongering about Breakthrough Delta Variant Cases
on a study of just
200 BIG FAT HAIRY GAY BEARS celebrating BEAR WEEK at GAY SEX DISCO KISSING 'n' HUMPING PARTIES

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/ ... -guidance/
Peter Staley @peterstaley If the CDC has increased their Delta Ro because of the Ptown cohort, then they are overstating it for the general population. The cohort was 85% male (WaPo and NYT have both failed to mention this). Hello, it was Bear Week. @apoorva_nyc rightly mentions packed bars, etc., but /1

Peter Staley @peterstaley · 2h Replying to @peterstaley

... everyone is missing the horny bear in the room. Bears go to Ptown to have lots of fun which includes lots of sex. News flash, gay men KISS when they have sex. /2

"Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · 15m If the CDC revised all of its priors about COVID based on an analysis of spring break on Daytona Beach, people would have some understandable questions about that. But that's a pretty good approximation for Provincetown on a July 4 weekend.

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · 1h Honestly @twitter should probably flag that @nytimes tweet for being misinformation."

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · 5h Finally I'd note that the sample sizes here are tiny, leading to very wide confidence intervals. And the "real life" confidence intervals are likely even wider given that (as the study authors say) the sample isn't very diverse. (P-town = mostly affluent middle-aged gay men.) Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · 4h To take a self-selected, not-statistically-significant sample of ~200 nondiverse people during a party weekend that was an outlier in many respects, and use it to conclude that breakthrough infections are just as likely to transmit the virus, seems like quite the stretch.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, man! Am I going to have to rename this back to conspiracy?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote:
Anxiety is a "risk factor" but it is not causal.
[/quote]
Splitting hairs. Standing in the middle of the road is a risk factor for getting run over, but not causal.

Anxiety causes lowered immune response.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · 5h Finally I'd note that the sample sizes here are tiny, leading to very wide confidence intervals.... To take a self-selected, not-statistically-significant sample of ~200 nondiverse people during a party weekend that was an outlier in many respects, and use it to conclude that breakthrough infections are just as likely to transmit the virus, seems like quite the stretch.
But CDC using two mask-wearing hairdressers, none of whose clients caught the 'rona, as definitive proof that masks work, is impeccable scientific methodology.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
John D wrote: Anxiety is a "risk factor" but it is not causal.

Splitting hairs. Standing in the middle of the road is a risk factor for getting run over, but not causal.

Anxiety causes lowered immune response.
Ignorance is bliss?

Doesn't seem like a credible basis for policy ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote: Oh, man! Am I going to have to rename this back to conspiracy?
Kinda like the existing topic name ... ;)

Rather remarkable, and quite disconcerting, the degree to which conspiracism rules the roost these days:

Memes_Data_Conspiracy_1A.jpg
(78.51 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

Just finishing up Andersen's Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire - highly recommended for many reasons. But that phenomenon is part and parcel of his "thesis", his argument:
so many players and factors which have "advanced the process by which conspiracism was becoming culturarlly sanitized" ....

"apparently harmless ficntions blending and growing and spreading through the culture, combining with particular religious and political mindsets to become dangerous, with impacts in the real world. There is a line extending from flying-saucer obsessives to 9/11 truthers to Donald Trump"
Many people simply don't realize - or don't want to realize - that, as Hanlon's Razor puts it, "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Have often argued that the underlying problem is that most don't realize the relevance of Adam Smith's Invisible Hand - what looks like a controlling influence of one sort or another - feminism's Patriarchy for example - is simply the result of the behaviours of individuals that that little direct connection:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_hand

Sort of a case of reification writ large.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I don't think I've ever believed in an "apparently harmless ficntion"

I'm not even sure what a 'finction' is.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: I don't think I've ever believed in an "apparently harmless ficntion"

I'm not even sure what a 'finction' is.
Not a popular word - only some 4600 uses recorded by Google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ficntio ... 73&bih=838

But short for "classifications":
... necessary to hire them under tho classi• ficntions of skilled trades and pay the classified rates ...
https://usbr.contentdm.oclc.org/digital ... 8/id/7072/

Sheesh - do try to keep up ... ;)

But interesting book of Andersen's - remarkable the ubiquity of conspiracy theories, particularly in America. He lays a large part of the blame for that at the doorstep of the religious - going back to Martin Luther; Christians in particular in the US: "mad belief defeating reason".

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

There is currently some fuss about the reporting of the fact that vaccinated people are quite good at catching and transmitting the delta variant. Most reports are leaving out the fact that only a few vaccinated people will catch it, and thus vaccination still reduces transmission, even if an infected vaccinated individual is just as infectious as as an unvaccinated one.
If, as it seems, being vaccinated will give nearly complete protection against severe illness, hospitalisation and death, but only limited protection against infection and the ability to transmit the disease, there is a consequence. This means herd immunity cannot be counted upon by the free-riders, as the vaccinated herd will still catch and transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, who will then take their chances. Splendid—an increase in average IQ may be expected.
In seventeen days I am allowed to book my first dose. Two studies are being recruited to see how the vaccine works in BMT patients, as it is expected there will be only a poor immune response to the vaccine. BMT patients have a death rate from Covid six times higher than their age-group average. At least that will make someone happy here.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If you die from the vaccine itself, there'll be lots of "I told you vaccination is dangerous!"

Let's hope that doesn't happen...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

screwtape wrote: This means herd immunity cannot be counted upon by the free-riders, as the vaccinated herd will still catch and transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, who will then take their chances.
Exposing healthy people at no risk to the virus will get you herd immunity just fine. And without the heart inflammation, anaphylaxis, or miscarriages.

And we're talking about a putative need to develop herd immunity for the Andromeda Strain Delta variant. We've been at herd immunity for the 'alpha' for some time now.

At least that will make someone happy here.
Nobody wishes you dead. You haven't returned the sentiment, however:
Splendid—an increase in average IQ may be expected.
To that, sir, I say: fuck off and don't die.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: If you die from the vaccine itself, there'll be lots of "I told you vaccination is dangerous!"

Let's hope that doesn't happen...
Not when there are so many other ways to achieve the same end...

Taking the TGV to Europe and jump off the roof of Dignitas for instance...

I can only hope the Screwtape (and others I suppose) is assigning the appropriate level of concern to what he thinks that others might think of what he thinks. (I think). Especially in an online context.

But everybody can march to the beat of their own drum...

...or should that be Melody?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Have the regulatory requirements for drug approval been amended? Can we do away with the old time consuming process of testing because it is apparently unnecessary. Medical oracles have assured us that they can now accurately predict all possible short and long term side-effects and their probability. Nothing bad ever happens when pharmaceutical companies get overconfident. No time need be wasted recording GP reports of side-effects, don't they know who their betters are? Only the stupid, fans of Putin and white supremacist vote suppressors who want to murder your granny ask questions. Obey. This is no time for caution or discussion.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

I still keep seeing reports on Covid on just how supposedly deadly it is, but I don't think they know the meaning of the word "deadly" or its connotation. There have been almost 200 million cases of Covid worldwide, and how many of those have died from Covid (or that they say died from Covid and not underlying causes like cancer or other diseases or unrelated injuries like, say, the breaking of one's neck)? 4.2 million. Now, of the nearly 200 million cases of Covid in the world, 4.2 million gets us to roughly 2%. That means it has a survival rate of 98%. That's "deadly"? Sure, it's "deadly" in the sense that it worsens conditions for those who were already worse off, but is it "deadly" in the sense that we need to shut down the whole planet?

When I think "deadly", I think of something like the Black Plague. 75-100 million dead across Europe, Eurasia and North Africa, and some sources even say so much as 200 million. In Europe, it decimated approximately 30-60 percent of the total population. In eight years. In 1346, if you got infected with the plague, 99 times out of a 100, you'd be done for. Is it the same for Covid? Hell, is it even the same for SARS? Remember that? Why is it that whole countries have to be disabled for a virus that, if you were infected, 98 times out of 100 you'd be fine? 7.7 billion on this Earth, 4.2 million dead, that's not even 1%. It's madness.

As for the vaccine, what other vaccines do you have to take twice, or even thrice, yearly to combat the effects of a virus? It's fucking ridiculous.

Two doses used to be enough to last YEARS. Smallpox vacccine, six years. Rabies vaccine, two years. The three big ones, mumps, measles and rubella. After two doses of the MMR vaccine, as a child, you are protected FOR LIFE. In addition, after getting these vaccines, there would be a 99.999999% guarantee you would not get infected (or re-infected) by these viruses. Otherwise it would eliminate the purpose of a vaccine. Instead, with Covid, it's "take the vaccine but you probably still will get infected and you probably still need to wear a mask and isolate yourself." The fuck? No. That's not how vaccines work! That's not how ANY of the vaccines worked (until now)!

And the mask-wearing mandates? Masks - don't prevent - Covid. The virus - is airborne. The CDC have already said so multiple times! Unless you isolate yourself in a vaccuum, where no air can possibly enter, you are bound to get infected sooner or later, just like I did. In March last year, I was unemployed, I was at home, I didn't go outside. I still got Covid. The problem is that despite saying that the virus is airborne, the CDC have also said that the virus chiefly spreads by droplets, in other words coughing, sneezing, spitting, etc, which means that they have ample justification for a mask-mandate, but then how the fuck, if the virus is chiefly spread by droplets, can people get infected if they are isolated at home? It doesn't make any sense! Even if masks DID prevent or lessen the risks of getting infected, most people don't even know how to use a mask properly. You're not meant to touch the outside of a mask after you put it on, you're only meant to touch the straps but with sterile gloves and not with your bare hands, and you're not meant to use it more than once. How many adhere to, or have adhered to, those rules do you think?

The crazy thing is, if you were to ask a medical professional what they think the purpose of masks is ACTUALLY for, you wouldn't get the usual answer of bacteria or keeping a sterile environment. You'd get "Covid."

John D

Post by John D »

Listening to Victor Davis Hanson's "Carnage and Culture". I am not a big fan of his style but I am learning a lot from a guy who does good research. For example, the destruction of the Mexicas by Cortez is an amazing and shocking story. It is thought that the population of the Mexico area went from something like 10 million to 2 million in five years from small pox, flu, etc. God... it is hard to imagine. The Spanish in the 1520's could kill Mexicas at a rate of over 100 to one. Yikes. Now this is a pandemic. The details of how this all happened is fascinating... and Hanson conclusion is that Westerners invented "total war". I think it is a good theory.

I have little confidence masks are very effective. I laugh out loud at any "pundits" and politicians that say we should not politicize Covid. The left and the right bitch about this... haha. It is all politics and it should be. How we live and fight this disease is a political decision. This is what politics is for.

I booked a two week trip to Europe for work starting on Aug 23. International travel is interesting right now. We will see how it goes. I can get into Switzerland and Germany but not Hungary (I have never been to Hungary and really want to go). The Hungarians I work with a very interesting. They are durable and dedicated as well as negative in attitude... but still funny. Eastern Europeans escaping from communism makes for an interesting culture.

I am actually enjoying the Olympics. It is fun to watch the odd sports. I used to play badminton (it is too hard on my back now). Fun to watch a sport I know something about.

To reply to steers... I did work for a while on a social justice game... but I ran out of good ideas... and lost interest. I also had no leads on adding art work which would have been critical to the style of the game. I am still working on my third tabletop war game that will be called Atomic Tank. I will be playing my beta version tomorrow.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: the vaccinated herd will still catch and transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, who will then take their chances. Splendid—an increase in average IQ may be expected.
I don't think it's very nice to say 'Splendid' at the thought of low-IQ/disproportionately-unvaccinated niggers dying in droves.

Sounds like the same-old Progressive eugenics talk, to me.
death.... At least that will make someone happy
Bill Gates.

► Show Spoiler

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote: ... Splendid—an increase in average IQ may be expected.
:) Population bottleneck:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottleneck

Sagan argues in his Demon-Haunted World that some 97% of Americans are "scientifically illiterate" - causes no end of problems and no shortage of grief, not least on the vaccination front:

From Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire:
This natural experiment [in parents not vaccinating their kids] confirmed the science: diseases we had eliminated returned. .... US cases of whooping cough had bottomed out around 8,000 through the early 2000s; by 2012, we were up to 48,000 - the 1955 level. .... Measles cases increased tenfold within a few years. .... Vaccine-phobia runs the ideological gamut, but lately it seems to be shifting rightward.
And Pit-ward ... Somewhat apropos of which, a recent post at Science-Based Medicine:

https://theness.com/neurologicablog/ind ... cine-race/

SBM's "flirtation" with the sexes as spectra is rather problematic at best, although many here seem more or less in that same camp in rejecting the biological definitions, but they at least seem to make sense in many other cases.

The problem is that the science gets complicated pretty quickly and many simply don't have the time, inclination, or background to do the due diligence; even ostensibly credible sources are often politically motivated, confused or confusing. For instance, I was reading an article at Wikipedia - The People's Encyclopedia - on RNA vaccines and ran across this somewhat questionable claim:
The use of RNA in vaccines has occasioned substantial misinformation in social media, wrongly claiming that the introduction of RNA alters a person's DNA, a biologically impossible occurrence.
Not that there isn't a mechanism by which the RNA can not affect the DNA in the nucleus - reverse transcriptase for example. Something which is clarified and elaborated on in a later section:
There is misinformation implying that mRNA vaccines could alter DNA in the nucleus. mRNA in the cytosol is very rapidly degraded before it would have time to gain entry into the cell nucleus. .... Retrovirus can be single-stranded RNA (just as SARS-CoV-2 vaccine is single-stranded RNA) which enters the cell nucleus and uses reverse transcriptase to make DNA from the RNA in the cell nucleus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_vaccine

Though "very rapidly degraded before its time" may be something of a questionable conjecture - in all cases? Think that's part of the problem with science and the common understanding of it: what works in most cases is unlikely to work in all of them, and the latter may be very sticky wickets indeed.

But that's largely why I think that the illustrious Dr. Charles Hoffe - of the (previously) thriving community of Lytton B.C. ... - is seriously barking up the wrong tree.
screwtape wrote: In seventeen days I am allowed to book my first dose. Two studies are being recruited to see how the vaccine works in BMT patients, as it is expected there will be only a poor immune response to the vaccine. ...
Good luck. Bit of a crap-shoot at the best of times, particularly for newish technology, but still seems the better bet.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
screwtape wrote: This means herd immunity cannot be counted upon by the free-riders, as the vaccinated herd will still catch and transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, who will then take their chances.
Exposing healthy people at no risk to the virus will get you herd immunity just fine. And without the heart inflammation, anaphylaxis, or miscarriages.
:roll:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: And we're talking about a putative need to develop herd immunity for the Andromeda Strain Delta variant. We've been at herd immunity for the 'alpha' for some time now.
Rather moot at best. Consider the numbers for the US from Worldometer:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Some 36 million cases recorded and 600,000 dead, or about 1.7%. While it's impressive and to be commended that the US has done some 530 million tests, I rather doubt 36 million cases qualifies as "herd immunity" - seems likely that a large percentage of the population has in fact been tested and unlikely yet to have been exposed to the virus.

Offhand, it seems that letting nature take its course could mean, on the basis of US population about 10 times that 36 million cases, some 6 million US dead assuming the same mortality rate. Given that the typical mortality rate is about 0.8 % - about 3 million dead every year in any case - that "letting nature take its course" seems rather cavalier at best.

And that's apart from, as indicated by Worldometer, the fact that only some 30 million of the 36 are in the "Total Recovered" category - how many of those - and in the difference of 6 million - are likely to have serious long-term complications that represent a serious burden on all-ready overburdened system? And one thing that was evident in the 1919 flu epidemic was that many of the dead were due to secondary infections and effects caused by the medical system not having enough resources to deal with those infected. If the medical system collapses then that is unlikely to do much for your cost-benefit ratio.

For a guy supposedly not in the anti-vax camp, you sure do look to be peddling many of their "talking points".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: It is all politics and it should be. How we live and fight this disease is a political decision. This is what politics is for.

Matt Christansen starts off strong: The consent Of The Governed is what bestows legitimacy on the Government.

Not 'science' Not 'the experts' Not browbeating & shaming tactics.

Not science not science not science.

The current govt is treating 'consent of the governed' as an Obstacle to be navigated-around, not a goal to be navigated-toward.

As the video progresses... I think Matt Christiansen talks-past-the-sale. Plenty of people DO think the govt has a 'monopoly' on actions which we do not permit-- from individuals or other groups.

But, nonetheless, this video makes a great point.

ThreeFlangedJavis

John D wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:24 pm
Listening to Victor Davis Hanson's "Carnage and Culture". I am not a big fan of his style but I am learning a lot from a guy who does good research. For example, the destruction of the Mexicas by Cortez is an amazing and shocking story. It is thought that the population of the Mexico area went from something like 10 million to 2 million in five years from small pox, flu, etc. God... it is hard to imagine. The Spanish in the 1520's could kill Mexicas at a rate of over 100 to one. Yikes. Now this is a pandemic. The details of how this all happened is fascinating... and Hanson conclusion is that Westerners invented "total war". I think it is a good theory.
Have the responsible pathogens been conclusively identified. Is there not a plausible theory that the hantavirus was a major factor? I have some admittedly unclear memories of a documentary that looked into this. From memory, researchers associated big spikes in the death rate with weather events. Drought causes rodents to cluster around water sources which obviously leads to rapid transmission of pathogens like hantavirus. When the drought breaks there is a massive population explosion of infected rodents which then disperse to spread disease.

Fegg

Post by Fegg »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Have the responsible pathogens been conclusively identified. Is there not a plausible theory that the hantavirus was a major factor? I have some admittedly unclear memories of a documentary that looked into this. From memory, researchers associated big spikes in the death rate with weather events. Drought causes rodents to cluster around water sources which obviously leads to rapid transmission of pathogens like hantavirus. When the drought breaks there is a massive population explosion of infected rodents which then disperse to spread disease.
You might look at https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... an-plague/. It seems that the 8 million dead from the 1520s was probably from smallpox imported from europe, but the 17 million dead in 1545 and 1576 may well have been from an indigenous hantavirus called Cocolitzli.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

screwtape wrote: the vaccinated herd will still catch and transmit the virus to the unvaccinated, who will then take their chances. Splendid—an increase in average IQ may be expected.

https://media.patriots.win/post/D3eUToCj.jpeg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"Perspective"

https://media.patriots.win/post/iDNGYvo2.jpeg

For every 40 healthy kids we knowingly give an enlarged heart-- we save one diabetic leukemia kid. So they can die of PURE leukemia instead of Covid.

And the other million kids get to keep their masks on & skip another year of school.

______

Y'know... for every 40 underage gymnasts we let that team doctor mildly rape-- we win one gold medal !

ThreeFlangedJavis

Kamala Harris and Diane Abbott. What's the commonality there? Both shameless opportunist race grifters motivated by personal ambition with little interest in discharging their actual responsibilities. They both embarrass themselves when questioned on detail.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: I booked a two week trip to Europe for work starting on Aug 23. International travel is interesting right now. We will see how it goes. I can get into Switzerland and Germany but not Hungary (I have never been to Hungary and really want to go). The Hungarians I work with a very interesting. They are durable and dedicated as well as negative in attitude... but still funny. Eastern Europeans escaping from communism makes for an interesting culture.
Budapest is pretty enough, but a shithole. Prag is delightful, Vienna divine.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
That's making the rounds. Still waiting for the English translation.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

St. screwtape thee Martyr wrote: death .... At least that will make someone happy here.
And that friend's name, is Jesus.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Nate Silver accuses New York Times of "Delta Panic" mongering.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... formation/

ThreeFlangedJavis

I don't know how anyone can call Carl Benjamin shallow. Can't think of anyone else who has educated himself so thoroughly in so short a time.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
So ... which PhDs do you and Matt have? .... ;)
COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy rates remain high in some states – especially in Wyoming, just one state where cases are spiking due to the delta variant, according to new data released Wednesday by the U.S. Census Bureau. ....

The latest batch of data from the bureau's Household Pulse Survey – which collects statistics on how people's lives have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic – shows that hesitancy nationwide continues to decline, from 21.6% between Jan. 6-18 to 10.8% between June 23 and July 5. But rates remain high in certain states, with the most hesitant populations being in Wyoming (25.6%), West Virginia (22.4%), North Dakota (22.2%) and Alaska (20.5%). ....

The hesitancy that remains in parts of the country is alarming as COVID-19 cases spike in a majority of states. States seeing some of the highest increases in cases include Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Nevada and Tennessee, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. In some of those states – Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee – vaccine hesitancy rates are higher than 15%, according to the Census Bureau. ....
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... ome-states

You and Matt may wish to get with the program and join those contributing to that "decline" ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I don't know how anyone can call Carl Benjamin shallow. Can't think of anyone else who has educated himself so thoroughly in so short a time.
Bookmarked for later, but maybe he's changed his tune and outlook over the years. Recently ran across a Twitter response by Massimo Pigliucci to Brive (account deleted?) that referenced a YouTube video by SyeTenAtheist that was touted by Benjamin, and tweeted by Dawkins:

Pigliucci clearly not amused:
The video linked to in the tweet, and which Dawkins clearly endorsed, can be found here. It is an egregious, unqualified, piece of racist and misogynist garbage. Please, pause reading this post for a couple of minutes and see for yourself. It’s simply horrifying.
https://platofootnote.wordpress.com/201 ... d-dawkins/

I remember seeing the video here several years ago when it first came out, and did a quick skim of it when I ran across Pigliucci's tweet - which I expect is rather wide of the mark. Probably the video is rather hyperbolic at best - feminists aren't butchering women and children and blowing themselves up in crowed markets. But hard not to see most feminists as almost as narrow-minded and as dogmatic. Interesting essay here by Marco Del Giudice of University of New Mexico on The Ideological Bias in the Psychology of Sex & Gender - justifiably touted by Quillette managing editor and evolutionary biologist Colin Wright (which almost absolves him for peddling Lysenkoist claptrap):

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... and_Gender

A salient quote therefrom which relates to something of a "hobby horse" of mine ... ;)

ResearchGate_DelGiudice_IdeologicalBias1A.jpg
(278.16 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Half a kilo of 🥩 followed by Greek yogurt and berries. 6000kJ in a near OMAD is solid going. 😅

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I probably didn’t need the eggs.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Opera singer / coach pops her cherry at 17:55 when she discovers Phil Collins, “whose voice she can’t place” can play the drums.

😂 🍒

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
So ... which PhDs do you and Matt have? .... ;)
NONE! PRECISELY! Matt & I are on the Low End, DRAGGING DOWN THE CURVE for all the highly educated, highly intelligent, highly informed people-- who remain unvaccinated for well-considered reasons.
Steersman wrote: You and Matt may wish to get with the program and join those contributing to that "decline" ...

I don't wanna "get with the program" because the program is Nonsense... led by corrupt bureaucrats who don't value my best interests.

I don't wanna "contribute to the decline" of Vax Hesitancy, because people are being bullied out of jobs, schools, public participation... for the sin of acting as free individuals with rights. BIG BROTHER is a more pressing concern than The Sniffles.

My liberty stance comes with very little risk of medical harm to bystanders-- because I spent 2020 in an actual Covid hotspot-- with MASSIVE daily exposure to sick homeless people-- imported to my literal doorstep by unfit politicians.

All your citations and assertions are corrupted by Lysenko-ism. You're quoting experts who Changed The Definition of Herd Immunity, limiting it to their Jab Product/ omitting immunity acquired by exposure to the live virus in the wild.

https://media.patriots.win/post/eay2bfXt.jpeg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Perspective.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:31 am
Opera singer / coach pops her cherry at 17:55 when she discovers Phil Collins, “whose voice she can’t place” can play the drums.

😂 🍒

Why has Phil Collins been in the news? Don't get the guy's music. Very uninteresting voice, music as boring as fuck. Also, I hear he's the kind of sleb who bitches to the organisers if the help filch a sandwich at a sleb do. Broadsheet gossip, but it coincides with my opinion of the guy so I'll choose to believe it because it gives me satisfaction. I'm superficial and small-minded.

ThreeFlangedJavis

So long since I've read a paper I've got the formats all mixed up. I believe I was referencing tabloid gossip about Phil Collins. Broadsheet gossip is a different animal, it uses bigger words, is a lot more pseudy and broadsheet gossipers have more arts degrees and wealthier parents.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Like Pink Floyd, it’s all in the anticipation.