The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Old subthreads
Service Dog

Re: The 3FJ, Matt, & Dog Conspiracy Show

Post by Service Dog »

Long career... =many= catchy songs. Good background music for seducing dormitory girls back in early 90's.

And then it's kinda pre-aged for when yer long hair falls out and your belly fills your flannel shirt.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Service Dog wrote: PolitiFact retracts a fact-check which free_thoughtpolice relied-on last September:

https://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... ng#p498708

The fact-check concerned a guest on Tucker Carlson's show, Chinese researcher Li-Meng Yan, who claimed that the Covid-19 virus genetic code shows signs of artificial manipulation.

At the time, PolitiFact rated this a "Pants on Fire" lie.

Now:
Editor’s note, May 17, 2021: When this fact-check was first published in September 2020, PolitiFact’s sources included researchers who asserted the SARS-CoV-2 virus could not have been manipulated. That assertion is now more widely disputed. For that reason, we are removing this fact-check from our database pending a more thorough review.
Right, but this is how SCIENCE! works. News sources repeat the truth to each other, the fact-checkers repeat the truth from the news and both of them label anyone who disputes the truth as a Nazi conspiracy theorist Russian bot who must be purged from social media and employment.

And then they're big enough to admit in an end note months later when it's possible they could maybe be wrong. Possibly.

SCIENCE! All about the free exchange of ideas.

Really?

Post by Really? »

I clicked on the Politifact link.

How does this help anything? It's the same URL and the "fact check" is "in its entirety [] preserved below for transparency and archival purposes."

Big deal...it's not in their database.

Any Democrat who reads this or shares it with others is only going to read the emphatic and highly journalistic conclusion, punctuated with an exclamation point:
The claim is inaccurate and ridiculous. We rate it Pants on Fire!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Here's something you never see: a tranny arrested for pedophilia!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/0 ... ls-jailed/
Nothing a spot of gun violence wouldn't fix.

(just saying...)
Well, ze's in the UK, so you're limited to something like an over-under. But be sure to aim low.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: Long career... =many= catchy songs. Good background music for seducing dormitory girls back in early 90's.
I found that if a gal sang along to Edy Brickell and the New Bohemians, 'What I Am', you were in like Flynn. If you wanted to go down that dimly lit path.

Also if a gal named Dawn found it hilarious that everyone called her "The Crack of Dawn". Although lured, dragged, shoved, and pushed, I barely averted going down that likely very well-trodden path.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Really? wrote: News sources repeat the truth to each other, the fact-checkers repeat the truth from the news and both of them label anyone who disputes the truth as a Nazi conspiracy theorist Russian bot who must be purged from social media and employment.

And then they're big enough to admit in an end note months later when it's possible they could maybe be wrong. Possibly.
I've been locking horns online with the editor of our local shit-ass newspaper, the primary community service of which it provides being fire starter. Said editor has shifted the paper's content from neutral to the polemic left. He was sent by corporate in fucking Vail to prop up sagging subscriptions. Of course, only old people buy newspapers any more, and most of the old people in my county are lefty retirees from SF and Berkeley, and exposure to alternate views on covid or politics freaks them out.

He accused me of making up the story about a motorcycle death getting recorded as a covid death, then deleted my link to the story. He also said I made up CDC altering its SOP by counting as a covid death wherever covid was listed as a secondary, "contributing" cause, instead of only as a primary "underlying" cause. CDC even admits that. He said he really ought to have deleted (not 'censored', mind you, but many people like me are confused about the meaning of that word) my "conspiracy theory" that the absence of a flu season can be attributed to covid already killing off most of the folks who would otherwise have died of the flu. Only it's not 'my' theory, but rather the understanding of legitimate medical professionals.

What I detest most about this guy is he's such a touchy little bitch. He's my age -- though I look much better, he's not aged well and is pasty and spaghetti-armed -- but acts like a junior high girl.

Progressive men are all whiny little bitches. And fucking effete dandy twats. They move up here, drive their fucking Subarus and Pruis' to go on nature walks in their Patagonia kit and REI shoes and stupid dork expedition hats and stupid slow-you-down walking poles and think they've blended in. While I'm out here in my wranglers and Double H's chopping down trees and bucking hay out of the back of my Ram and chasing bears off my garbage and tweakers out of my driveway.

Greater Idaho, here we come.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Really? wrote: News sources repeat the truth to each other, the fact-checkers repeat the truth from the news and both of them label anyone who disputes the truth as a Nazi conspiracy theorist Russian bot who must be purged from social media and employment.

SNIP
He accused me of making up the story about a motorcycle death getting recorded as a covid death, then deleted my link to the story. He also said I made up CDC altering its SOP by counting as a covid death wherever covid was listed as a secondary, "contributing" cause, instead of only as a primary "underlying" cause. CDC even admits that. He said he really ought to have deleted (not 'censored', mind you, but many people like me are confused about the meaning of that word) my "conspiracy theory" that the absence of a flu season can be attributed to covid already killing off most of the folks who would otherwise have died of the flu. Only it's not 'my' theory, but rather the understanding of legitimate medical professionals.
SNIP

Greater Idaho, here we come.
As if I needed more reason not to get the flu vaccine. Why would I get it when we virtually eradicated flu in 2020? It's a banner year in human history!

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Progressive men are all whiny little bitches. And fucking effete dandy twats.
There's nothing more manly than a seven-stone lefty wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt and an "I ❤ Feminism" badge.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Well, ze's in the UK, so you're limited to something like an over-under.
You'd think that, wouldn't you... ;)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

On nearly every topic, Democrats are out of step with Republicans and Independents. Here, only among Dems has trust in Fauci increased. With everyone else, it's plummeted.

https://thetrafalgargroup.org/COSA-Nati ... Report.pdf

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Fauci
Dr. Jill Biden: I Think Every American Loves Dr. Anthony Fauci, Our American Hero

US First Lady Jill Biden and Dr. Anthony Fauci (R) tour the vaccination center at the Children's National Hospital in Washington, DC on May 20, 2021. (Photo by JIM WATSON / AFP) (Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images
CHARLIE SPIERING 20 May 2021

First lady Jill Biden praised Dr. Anthony Fauci as an American hero during a visit to a vaccination site on Thursday.

“Did you meet our American hero here?” the first lady asked the crowd as she held Fauci’s arm.

Fauci briefly put his hands over his masked face in response to the round of applause.

The first lady and Fauci visited the Children’s National Hospital in Washington, DC, to promote coronavirus vaccines for children.

Jill Biden told the children not to worry about getting their shots.

“It’s so fast, it’s like you don’t even realize it’s over,” she said, speaking to a child.

“You know what? It’s better if you don’t look,” Jill Biden said, offering advice to the student.

One health care worker told Fauci about a person who described the vaccine shot as a “Fauci ouchie.”

Fauci laughed with Biden as the first lady replied, “That’s cute.”

Biden again praised Fauci as they took questions from reporters.

“Dr. Fauci’s here. You know who doesn’t love Dr. Fauci?” she asked. “I think every American loves Dr. Fauci.”

Fauci bowed slightly toward the first lady as the rest of the room applauded.

The first lady, Fauci, and all medical officials in the room wore masks at the vaccination site, even though they had been vaccinated.

Fauci warned Americans that mask mandates were still important for the unvaccinated after the Centers for Disease Control updated the mask guidance last week.

“Unfortunately some people interpreted that as everyone can get rid of their mask, which is not the case,” he said.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Progressive men are all whiny little bitches. And fucking effete dandy twats.
There's nothing more manly than a seven-stone lefty wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt and an "I ❤ Feminism" badge.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The Fauci Ouchie sickening or killing pregnant women, children, and those who'd already been exposed to the 'rona:

https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/21/medi ... ntibodies/

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Fauci Ouchie sickening or killing pregnant women, children, and those who'd already been exposed to the 'rona:

https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/21/medi ... ntibodies/
Don't trust anything anyone says about Coof anymore. With gov agencies hiding dirty little secrets, Lancet contributors and open letter writing researchers with grubby hands, narrative loving political cunts, media gatekeepers and ''fact-checkers'' I'm having a hard time finding anyone to trust. The sources I'd usually trust seem shaky. They should just come out and admit that medical science doesn't produce reliable answers that quickly and you can't safely develop and test vaccines that quickly. Safe in theory isn't good enough, only time reveals the "didn't think of that" and ''what the fuck happened" factors. Fauci can take his wagging finger and insert it in his lower orifice.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
httpww.youtube.com/watch?v=pxforxd-J2c
Meanwhile, inside the head of Richard Carrier...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Two friends contacted me this week, with identical problems:

Their employers announced 'masks off indoors if you're vaccinated'...

...so they dread being the last person in their workplace still wearing a mask.

They dread being exposed as un-vaccinated Bad People.

Neither one liked my advice: I said they should take their masks off when everyone else does, but not get vax'd, wait & see if they encounter any resistance-- and if there is resistance-- then there are ways to defend their position.

For example: Fang is HIV+. There's plenty of expert opinions-- even from Facebook & Fauci -approved sources... which say Immunocompromised people should not get the jab. And New York has anti-discrimination laws specifically for people with AIDS-- protecting them from having to disclose their status. Would the employer like a Human Rights investigation by state civil rights attorneys? Or will they simply let Fang take-off his fucking mask when everyone else does? (I offered less drastic/confrontational options, also.)

My other friend is a white-collar college graduate in her late 20's. She can't play the AIDS card, but there are other angles available to her.

But... here's the thing...

She & Fang don't WANT to take their masks off. They're terrified of the vax. But they're terrified of the virus, too.

They LIKE everyone-else having to wear masks & socially distance & make a big show of hand sanitizer forever... because that-way they can hide in the herd, instead of being a brave germ-o-phobe... proud black sheep.

Speaking of hand washing: their cowardice lets me wash my hands of their complaints. If they wanna fucking keep wearing masks-- fine. Just don't complain to me about your fogged up glasses & your trouble breathing & discomfort. If they wanna surrender & get the jab-- fine. Not my problem.

But it is a problem for me-- to have my closest friends not-understand that there's a time & place... when standing-up-for-yourself is called-for.
I don't care if someone draws the line at the jab-- or somewhere else.
But if you don't draw any line ever-- you're complicit when the boot's on your neck.

Rather than admit I have a valid point, they'd rather view me as a wild malcontent... so they don't have to take my opinion seriously.

That's hard on a friendship.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Love The Kinks, but kicked into touch by The Bonzos:

some guy

Post by some guy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: ... my "conspiracy theory" that the absence of a flu season can be attributed to covid already killing off most of the folks who would otherwise have died of the flu. Only it's not 'my' theory, but rather the understanding of legitimate medical professionals.
How how does your theory account for the virtual absence of pediatric flu deaths this season? (1 death this season, vs typically 150+ in prior years?)
2021 pediatric flu.JPG
(69.9 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

Keating

Post by Keating »

Just finished watching Mr Jones. It's really good, highly recommended.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Mykeru tweeted this - a great example of handgun accuracy in a "live" setting.

One in each tit, end of argument.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote: es your theory account for the virtual absence of pediatric flu deaths this season? (1 death this season, vs typically 150+ in prior years?)
2021 pediatric flu.JPG
By the same mechanism -- covid culled the lot first.

Mis-classification may also be a factor. Any death certificate with "covid" written anywhere on it is being counted as death from covid, instead of any more proximate or even immediate cause.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:
Love The Kinks, but kicked into touch by The Bonzos:

Before the Kinks did Superman, there was an earlier model:

Always had a soft spot for gorilla suits, probably from watching Morgan: A Case For Treatment at an impressionable age. In 1983 Mrs Screwtape was a house surgeon at Southend General Hospital, and was entertainment secretary for the doctors' mess. One Saturday she had organised a marquee for a strawberry and champagne party on the front lawn of the hospital. I was working nights in emerg in Enfield that weekend, but during the day I visited a theatrical costumier and hired a gorilla suit, drove to Southend, and put it on. Knuckle-walked and grunted my way into the marquee and kidnapped her for a quick sexual assault. Then left and drove back to Enfield. Found out afterwards she had invited her parents and they witnessed the madness. Such is romance.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
some guy wrote: es your theory account for the virtual absence of pediatric flu deaths this season? (1 death this season, vs typically 150+ in prior years?)
2021 pediatric flu.JPG

Mis-classification may also be a factor. Any death certificate with "covid" written anywhere on it is being counted as death from covid, instead of any more proximate or even immediate cause.
So you're saying about 99% of the pediatric age-group got infected with Covid by the start of flu season, thereby culling 99% of the weakest who would have died from the flu?

(And/or, virtually *every* child who got the flu and was destined to die just happened to get co-infected with Covid before dying, and so got counted as a Covid death instead?)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: Just finished watching Mr Jones. It's really good, highly recommended.
Not enough persons of color or trans cast. I'm surprised they were even allowed to make the film.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote: So you're saying about 99% of the pediatric age-group got infected with Covid by the start of flu season, thereby culling 99% of the weakest who would have died from the flu?

(And/or, virtually *every* child who got the flu and was destined to die just happened to get co-infected with Covid before dying, and so got counted as a Covid death instead?)
No, not that 99% of all children got covid, or even 99% of all sickly children. If you think about it, you'll realize that's not necessary.

271 children are recorded as having died from covid. They were undoubtedly sickly and prime candidates to be among the 150 to die from the flu. But they were already dead when the flu came around.

It shouldn't take more than a few hours to audit all 271 death certificates to see what might really have been going on. I'd wager that on a good number of them, covid was down the list of underlying or even contributing factors.

There really are no other plausible explanations.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
Before the Kinks did Superman, there was an earlier model:

Always had a soft spot for gorilla suits, probably from watching Morgan: A Case For Treatment at an impressionable age. In 1983 Mrs Screwtape was a house surgeon at Southend General Hospital, and was entertainment secretary for the doctors' mess. One Saturday she had organised a marquee for a strawberry and champagne party on the front lawn of the hospital. I was working nights in emerg in Enfield that weekend, but during the day I visited a theatrical costumier and hired a gorilla suit, drove to Southend, and put it on. Knuckle-walked and grunted my way into the marquee and kidnapped her for a quick sexual assault. Then left and drove back to Enfield. Found out afterwards she had invited her parents and they witnessed the madness. Such is romance.
Of course, the Bonzos' first album, Gorilla, was "dedicated to Kong, who must have been a great bloke."

ThreeFlangedJavis

some guy wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
2021 pediatric flu.JPG

So you're saying about 99% of the pediatric age-group got infected with Covid by the start of flu season, thereby culling 99% of the weakest who would have died from the flu?

So in a normal year 99% of the shortest people get flu? Didn't know that.

ThreeFlangedJavis

You kinda hope that a company like Colonial would have some top level tech wizards. Is it really that bad out there, are there programmers cutting and pasting code snippets off of message boards in major companies? Sort of OK if you understand the code I suppose, or if you're writing spreadsheet macros, but Keiser's guest suggests otherwise. If this is true then it doesn't take Russian superhackers to cripple infrastructure.

ThreeFlangedJavis

some guy wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 am
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
2021 pediatric flu.JPG

You think 99% of short people get flu in a normal year?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Didn't think first reply to Some Guy h been committed, hence repost.

Looking at the chyron on that Keiser RT video, everything is a negative story about the West. Fairly obvious what RT's mission is. It does make them a useful source of inconvenient truth though, if you're careful.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: You think 99% of short people get flu in a normal year?
In a normal year, the flu virus sails over the tops of short people's heads and right up the noses of tall people.

The coronavirus, being 0.00023 picograms heavier, was like fucking grapeshot on tots. Or anyone who was unlucky enough to be seated when it hit. Which is why they had to shut down restaurants, movie theaters, and nail salons.

IT'S THE SCIENCE!!!

some guy

Post by some guy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
some guy wrote: So you're saying about 99% of the pediatric age-group got infected with Covid by the start of flu season, thereby culling 99% of the weakest who would have died from the flu?

No, not that 99% of all children got covid, or even 99% of all sickly children. If you think about it, you'll realize that's not necessary.

271 children are recorded as having died from covid. They were undoubtedly sickly and prime candidates to be among the 150 to die from the flu. But they were already dead when the flu came around.

It shouldn't take more than a few hours to audit all 271 death certificates to see what might really have been going on. I'd wager that on a good number of them, covid was down the list of underlying or even contributing factors.

There really are no other plausible explanations.
Well, in order for 99% of the weakest kids to have gotten Covid and died, then presumably 99% of *all* kids would have had to have gotten covid. Unless you propose that the weakest kids are *vastly* more likely to catch Covid.

Neither of these possibilities seem plausible to me: the first is clearly false, and moreover both the first and the second would have also required that all the weak kids died of covid *before* the traditional onset of the flu season back last fall.

What does seem plausible is that with a significant % of the population wearing masks, social distancing, working from home, schools largely operating remotely (and enforcing masking), limitations on crowded sizes, restriction of activities (spectators, etc), travel restrictions, etc, etc. that *all* respiratory viruses are circulating extremely slowly. And since those measures started at a time when the flu prevalence was virtually zippo, it never got a chance to get started this year.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

On the way to the fish market, early this morn, Atlantic Terminal B. R. :twatson: :bjarte: K. L. Y. N.

Outrageous.

And...

I'm not sayin' for-sure that I spotted the mayor's weird little lesbian embezzler wife, but...

Perhaps you saw a viral conspiracy theory, last New Year's Eve...

https://i.imgur.com/Ln9BGBrh.jpg

Yeah, that seems absurd. But is it any weirder than whatever-this-is?

Might have seen a rare Immorten Joe in the wild, too...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote: Well, in order for 99% of the weakest kids to have gotten Covid and died, then presumably 99% of *all* kids would have had to have gotten covid. Unless you propose that the weakest kids are *vastly* more likely to catch Covid.

Neither of these possibilities seem plausible to me: the first is clearly false, and moreover both the first and the second would have also required that all the weak kids died of covid *before* the traditional onset of the flu season back last fall.
What's the universe of kids fatally susceptible to the flu? It's greater than 150.
What does seem plausible is that with a significant % of the population wearing masks, social distancing, working from home, schools largely operating remotely (and enforcing masking), limitations on crowded sizes, restriction of activities (spectators, etc), travel restrictions, etc, etc. that *all* respiratory viruses are circulating extremely slowly. And since those measures started at a time when the flu prevalence was virtually zippo, it never got a chance to get started this year.
How did all that stop the flu, but not covid? Masks, for example: both virii are nearly identical in size at hundreds of times smaller than the pores in a mask -- how can the one pass through, but not the other?

The most likely explanation is this: reimburse healthcare providers more for covid deaths, and every death possible will be reported as a covid death.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I'm not sayin' for-sure that I spotted the mayor's weird little lesbian embezzler wife, but...
I'm hoping Andrew Yang is elected mayor. NYC's now tried a Sandinista, and it would be fun to watch our largest city collapse again under a different set of cockamamie theories finally put into practice.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I don't know what this is.

I have only the faintest hint of recognition of this Billy guy.

I wonder why YouTube is recommending this 2013 video today.

I wonder why Quincey Jones' attractive daughter is so good at the game.

I encounter so many more people lately, who view everything as an excercise in jew-detection, than back in 2013.

I think it's gross that he's yelling like that on the street.

I think there's something rotten about putting a 'shame' label on all who changed their names. For example, I know a hardcore Israeli holocaust survivor, who shortened his surname to make it futuristic, modernistic, a short-sharp fighting sound.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: You kinda hope that a company like Colonial would have some top level tech wizards. Is it really that bad out there, are there programmers cutting and pasting code snippets off of message boards in major companies? Sort of OK if you understand the code I suppose, or if you're writing spreadsheet macros, but Keiser's guest suggests otherwise. If this is true then it doesn't take Russian superhackers to cripple infrastructure.
Yes, it REALLY is that bad security-wise. Vast numbers of companies, especially those that are either profit-obsessed and/or run by bean counters are criminally negligent in securing their IT systems. A few CIOs and CEOs need to do jail time if you want execs to start taking it seriously. Nothing else will do.Even if they get fined, if the fine is less that the profit made by the infraction, then it's not a fine, it's a bribe.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Now this is important.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The chimpouts have moved from the terminals onto the planes

Spirit Airlines -- the Popeye's Chicken of the Skies.

John D

Post by John D »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The chimpouts have moved from the terminals onto the planes

Spirit Airlines -- the Popeye's Chicken of the Skies.
Charter flight to the new Disney park... Negroland.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: I'm hoping Andrew Yang is elected mayor. NYC's now tried a Sandinista, and it would be fun to watch our largest city collapse again under a different set of cockamamie theories finally put into practice.
I was just out for a walk in the East Village...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Oh man, we were on the corner where G.G. Allin died... wish I had told him that.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Service Dog wrote: Oh man, we were on the corner where G.G. Allin died... wish I had told him that.
No Shit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: Always had a soft spot for gorilla suits, probably from watching Morgan: A Case For Treatment at an impressionable age. In 1983 Mrs Screwtape was a house surgeon at Southend General Hospital, and was entertainment secretary for the doctors' mess. One Saturday she had organised a marquee for a strawberry and champagne party on the front lawn of the hospital. I was working nights in emerg in Enfield that weekend, but during the day I visited a theatrical costumier and hired a gorilla suit, drove to Southend, and put it on. Knuckle-walked and grunted my way into the marquee and kidnapped her for a quick sexual assault. Then left and drove back to Enfield. Found out afterwards she had invited her parents and they witnessed the madness. Such is romance.
Such behaviour was not only permissible, but downright encouraged at the time...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Andrew Yang reminds me of the witticism about Churchill:

"Winston had ten new ideas every day, only one of which was any good, and he did not know which one.”

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This is kinda weird-- I know someone who always says, "lesbian car" when they see a PT Cruiser.

I wondered whether the car actually has that reputation, or whether my friend has it confused with a Subaru.

So I searched for 'pt cruiser' lesbian on duckduckgo. This is the first page of results:

► Show Spoiler

John D

Post by John D »

The zoo in Lansing Michigan (Potter Park) has a pair of gibbons. They are in a pretty large space and they seam content I suppose. I am not really a big fan on primates being held in zoos. I have seen so many that are a bit off their rocker... eating their own filth and throwing things at the zoo visitors. These gibbons look pretty okay though.... I guess.

Anyway... gibbons are REALLY LOUD. They are fantastic to watch. They don't really do a pant hoot like a chimp. They do a wooooooooot!. Very cool.

some guy

Post by some guy »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
some guy wrote: What does seem plausible is that with a significant % of the population wearing masks, social distancing, working from home, schools largely operating remotely (and enforcing masking), limitations on crowded sizes, restriction of activities (spectators, etc), travel restrictions, etc, etc. that *all* respiratory viruses are circulating extremely slowly. And since those measures started at a time when the flu prevalence was virtually zippo, it never got a chance to get started this year.
How did all that stop the flu, but not covid? Masks, for example: both virii are nearly identical in size at hundreds of times smaller than the pores in a mask -- how can the one pass through, but not the other?

The most likely explanation is this: reimburse healthcare providers more for covid deaths, and every death possible will be reported as a covid death.
Different R's for the two viruses. Influenza virus has an Ro of about 1.5, compared to high 2's - 3 for the Coronavirus, under *normal* conditions. With all of the strategies I mentioned above, in the US we were able to drive R for the coronavirus down to near 1.0 (at times). That's cutting R by a factor of 2.5 or more.

Now divide Ro of the flu by 2.5 and we would expect an R of around 0.6. An R below 1.0 means it won't increase in prevalence; in fact, you'd expect it to decrease. And given that all those strategies to fight Covid were put in place when the flu virus was already in very low, and it's actually not surprising that the flu didn't really show up this year.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

MarcusAu wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:42 am
Service Dog wrote: Oh man, we were on the corner where G.G. Allin died... wish I had told him that.
No Shit.
A long, long time ago
I can still remember, oh,
that laxative used to make me lax
And I knew if I shit my pants
That I could make those people dance
Sure maybe I'd smell crappy… for a while

But Metamucil made me shiver
With every gurgle I'd deliver
Flaming on the doorstep
Watch out, don’t take one more step

Odor, I remember, yes I cried
Vapors across the Lower East Side
Butt-something arrived from deep inside
The Day... The... Doo-doo... Died.

So bye, bye, American Mud Pie
Laid a Chevy in my Levi's, no my Levi's weren't dry
And the good ole boys slipped on my mudslide
Singin' "Smells like something crawled up and died"
and-- at long last-- as advertised...
This'll be the day that I die

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I also got Russian battleship Peresvet and USS Intrepid (CV-11).

I've been on Intrepid twice. Or the ship once and the dock once. First time was for a private corporate party. Hangar deck had open bar, hundreds of yards of buffet tables -- seriously, there was at least 9' of uninterrupted smoked salmon -- a jazz band, and NY sports stars mingling -- I recognized LT, Lou Pinella. Bobby Valentine was force-feeding himself crab puffs like a french goose.

I won a crappy Chicago White Sox batting helmet table lamp in the raffle. Actually, my dad, who'd brought me along, had the winning ticket but was taking a shit when they called the number. He rushed out, handed me the ticket, then went back to wipe. He felt the urgency as there were season tickets and a speedboat up for grabs, but we got the lamp.

Free to roam the flight deck and touch the aircraft with one hand with a G&T in the other. Balmy early Summer night and skyline was all twinkly. Those were the days. It was good to be Don Draper.

Second time was for an Elvis Costello concert with my sister. Everyone stood on the bleachers and my poor sister is 5'3". These two airhead twats in front of me were yammering through the entire show. I asked nicely if they'd be quiet. They kept yammering. So I started tapping them on the top of the head. 'Stop hitting us on the head!' 'Then stop yammering over Elvis Costello.' They eventually left. Bonus -- my sister could see the stage!

I've also been in a friend's PT Cruiser. She's straight.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

some guy wrote: Different R's for the two viruses. Influenza virus has an Ro of about 1.5, compared to high 2's - 3 for the Coronavirus, under *normal* conditions. With all of the strategies I mentioned above, in the US we were able to drive R for the coronavirus down to near 1.0 (at times). That's cutting R by a factor of 2.5 or more.

Now divide Ro of the flu by 2.5 and we would expect an R of around 0.6. An R below 1.0 means it won't increase in prevalence; in fact, you'd expect it to decrease. And given that all those strategies to fight Covid were put in place when the flu virus was already in very low, and it's actually not surprising that the flu didn't really show up this year.
That R is inflated for the 'rona. It was never more than 1.5.

Occam's Razor. We know there was massive fudging of causes of death. There were no excess deaths among children. So either all the sad little Tiny Tim's croaked from covid, or a bunch of them croaked from the flu but were recorded as covid. My hunch is it's about fifty-fifty.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: USS Intrepid (CV-11)
I, too, served on the Intrepid. Columbia University graduation party which ran til midnite. Afterward we went to the Limelight nightclub-- was supposed to be part of the party-package deal. But the Limelight doormen said the free-admission ended at midnight. Some frat jock guys got aggressive & somebody sprayed mace-- which hit doormen, jocks, everybody else.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0642/ ... _small.jpg

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Holy shit, this is like wading through dog shit, cancer and aids!

(Whilst I don't hate women, some of the posts are...horrible!)

John D

Post by John D »

God Paul... a man with integrity.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Saw an ad online. Some dude is selling this bike, as-is. $50. Is anybody riding these things where you guys live?...

...oversized BMX's with 29 inch wheels. Usually called 'Big Ripper'. $500 to 900 new. They're a big status item with urban kids who ride in packs here & sometimes cause trouble.

This one's wheels are 27.5"-- odd. More about that, later. The brand is 'Thruster' which was a BMX brand from New Jersey-- back in the 1970's.

Those letters on the bottom say 'Vanishing Point'-- the original 70's owners of Thruster-- also set a Land Speed Record in 1984--the quickest quarter mile elapsed time ever of 3.58 seconds at 386.26 mph using a hydrogen peroxide powered engine car-- called Vanishing Point. The record was witnessed by 10,000 spectators and officials in attendance. .

But now the 'Thruster' name is owned by the Kent corporation, who make all sorts of krappy Wal-mart bikes. But at least Kent started-out as some old Jewish guy's bike shop on the Lower East Side in 1908.

The guy selling this one is wasting my time by not answering my reply to his ad. I keep checking my phone every 15 minutes since early a.m.
He's probably not-even awake yet.

Meanwhile, on the pedestrian/bike lane of the bride to Brooklyn... can you bird-watchers tell me what this is/was?...

Speaking of crashes, this car ran into a store-- a few blocks from the bridge...

And, a couple blocks from there, this is what a national-chain pharmacy location now looks like during business hours, in 2021...

The sign points to a shitty-little service door, on the side-street.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

John D wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:28 pm
God Paul... a man with integrity.

Paul Harrell demonetized? One of the most literate, calm, responsible, non nonsense, politics avoiding, rational human beings on youtube?

Christ. He's the Bob Ross of firearms. If youtube has come for him... Note that youtube is still happy to get his videos and the opportunity to get eyeballs and clicks that benefit their own bottom line. Just fuck the actual content creator who has the audacity to be armed.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Service Dog wrote: The guy selling this one is wasting my time by not answering my reply to his ad. I keep checking my phone every 15 minutes since early a.m.
Unexpected demand. Already sold the two he had stolen and is now trying to source more. Probably by waiting for the two new owners to go to bed.

John D

Post by John D »

I think the bird used to be a Tri-color Heron.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HelpingHand wrote: He's the Bob Ross of firearms.
LMAO. You nailed it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

HelpingHand wrote:
Service Dog wrote: The guy selling this one is wasting my time by not answering my reply to his ad. I keep checking my phone every 15 minutes since early a.m.
Unexpected demand. Already sold the two he had stolen and is now trying to source more. Probably by waiting for the two new owners to go to bed.
Look for a guy selling a wheel on Craigslist, and tell him where he can find the rest of his bike.