Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by free thoughtpolice »

DSCN1663 (2).JPG
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
anther mystery bird

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Joe Biden's story makes no sense. He claims he received a coveted appointment to the Naval Academy in 1965. By 1965 he had already graduated from Delaware. He claims he turned-down the naval appointment-- because of competition from other football stars (Bellino and Staubach) who had both graduated by 1965. Had he graduated from Annapolis, Biden would have been obligated to serve during the Vietnam War. Instead-- Biden obtained deferments from service-- claiming to suffer from asthma. Yet asthma did not impede Biden from being a lifeguard, football star, coal miner, lumberjack, a talking cartoon 18-wheeler truck with colorful C.B. radio catchphrases, civil rights hero & honorary cool black guy, motorcycle stuntman, and five-time Irish Bareknuckles Boxing champion.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: [CLIP OF SHITTY OUT OF TUNE BAND]

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: He gone.
Who "he"? Alan White?

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/alan-whit ... ead-at-72/

Dropping like flies; eveyone talks about death but few seem to be doing anything about the problem ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote: I think it's more meta than that.

People are arguing about whether to have the conversation...

Or arguing about whether you should argue about having the conversation...

etc...
Still haven't watched much of that "debate" of Boghossian's, but much of the refusal to "have the conversation" seems based on the claim by many of the transloonie tribe that a defense of the biological - and objective - defintions for the sexes is tantamount to "dehumanizing" that tribe, to "invalidating their existence" :roll: :
We need to acknowledge that debates that invalidate the existence of trans and non-binary people or dehumanize us based on gender are both a form of transphobia and gendered violence. There is no neutral way to demand that someone defend their very existence and their right to a safe school and work environment.
https://quillette.com/2017/12/13/words- ... niversity/

Tweets_MonaEltahawy_Phipps_1A.jpg
(74.78 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

https://janeclarejones.com/2020/01/15/u ... on-phipps/

Nobody's "debating their humanity" or trying to "dehumanize" them, just questioning their claims to being members of particular categories that have objective criteria for membership that they simply don't meet.

Curious phenomenon in that many of the transloonie tribe seem to "think" that the criteria for membership in the "male" and "female" categories are entirely subjective. But more so in that many "women" seem to think likewise. A pox on both their houses; many in both insist that "male" and "female" are "immutable identities" based on some "mythic essences" while refusing to consider that the biological definitions stipulate that to have sex is to have functional gonads of either of two types.

Too many refuse to consider that "male" and "female" are "accidental properties", not "essential" ones:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/esse ... ccidental/

Bit of a murky concept though one might argue that too many "philosophers" have been "muddying the waters to make them seem deep" for self-aggrandizement, or simply because they're clueless about a scientific perspective that might provide a bit of illumination:
In metaphysics, a universal is what particular things have in common, namely characteristics or qualities. In other words, universals are repeatable or recurrent entities that can be instantiated or exemplified by many particular things.[1] For example, suppose there are two chairs in a room, each of which is green. These two chairs both share the quality of "chairness", as well as greenness or the quality of being green; in other words, they share a "universal". There are three major kinds of qualities or characteristics: types or kinds (e.g. mammal), properties (e.g. short, strong), and relations (e.g. father of, next to). These are all different types of universals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_(metaphysics)

Painting the chair red makes "greenness" an accidental property of "chair", not an essential one; removing someone's gonads makes "male" and "female" likewise.

Curious though, and somewhat amusing, that the issue turns on something of an obscure, though quite important philosophical principle or two.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Uvalde timeline makes no sense. Not pushing a conspiracy theory, but the info provided so far has been very misleading.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... lde-texas/

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Today was farmer's market day. The flow of customers was frustrating. Rather than peaks and lulls, the flow was constant, so it was hard to pause for a minute to sip coffee or snack on raw tuna & scallops with wasabi.

I took a break to buy mint iced tea from the apple sellers, but their booth wasn't there. Instead fucking ex-mayor DeBlasio stood haplessly, trying meet & greet passersby. I called him an asshole, and walked back to our booth-- still thirsty, now cranky. I handed $20 to GF & asked her to find something for us to drink. She didn't realize the apple sellers weren't there-- so she repeated my path-- but she was more loquacious declaring DeBlasio to be a "loser" and "the worst", accusing him of "ruining the city" and "doing corrupt deals with no accountability".

15 or 20 minutes passed. One of my favorite customers got to the front of our line...

DeBlasio noticed him... and beelined over to schmooze...

I said, "Look at this! My favorite guy! And my Least Favorite Guy! Get outta here! I won't sell you any fish! Stop bothering my customers and the people of this city!! You should be ashamed to show your face-- after you put your useless wife in charge of all those programs-- and she misplaced $900 Million, which no one can account for! You owe me money! You owe money to every person in this city! Go back to that hotel your cronies are letting you stay in-- as payment for crooked real estate deals! You bum!"

DeBlasio retreated.

The actor said "[Redacted private comment regarding his opinion of the mayor] but I just want to buy some fish."

Debt-ridden de Blasio spending thousands to live large at Brooklyn hotel
https://nypost.com/2022/04/30/debt-ridd ... lyn-hotel/

Bill de Blasio’s pathetic excuses for his wife’s $2 million-a-year staff
https://nypost.com/2020/08/20/bill-de-b ... ear-staff/

Where has $850m gone? Bill de Blasio's wife can't account for staggering amount of taxpayer money that the NY Mayor gave her for mental health project
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... oject.html

De Blasio and ‘co-mayor’ wife have wasted $1.8B of taxpayer money
https://nypost.com/2019/02/28/de-blasio ... yer-money/

DeBlasio's daughter arrested during Antifa BLM George Floyd riot, blocking traffic next to burning police vans. Mayor "proud"
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ne ... er-arrest-

NYPD leaked daughter's mugshot after anti-police disturbance arrest:

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Nothing people here don't know already, but I came across this. It's some multiply banned JREF forum poster talking about the state of the forum. Looks like it was written in Italian and the auto translate borked in places.

Anyway, the amusing part to me was that they think the JREF forum is right wing.
https://declineinternationalskepticsfor ... -much.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.communities.win/post/xbXDbUtvmNQG.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/ITvvsKzyCIWE.png

"[In the UK] The triple vaccinated are contracting Covid at twice the rate of the double, single, and un- vaccinated."
"In New York City, there's far-more covid cases with people who got the third shot, than with anything else."
"Triple-vaccinated are being hospitalized overnight at approximately twice the rate of the double single and un vaccinated."
"Deaths within 28 days of Positive Covid Tests In All Age Groups... the triple-vaccinated are dying at thrice the rate of the rest of the population."
"For the 60+ cohort, the triple vaccinated are dying at nearly 4x as often as the other cohorts."
"The lowest rates are for those had one shot and done."
"The disastrous performance of the booster shot is getting worse, as the weeks go by."
These and other findings from Her Majesty's Government report:
https://rumble.com/v126oh5-mark-steyn-e ... s-own.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Myocarditis: "dose dependent" and "cumulative" ...the more jabs you get, the higher the risk:

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote: anther mystery bird

free thoughtpolice

Keating wrote:
If a bird can speak
That once was a dinosaur
And a dog can dream?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog wrote: Get outta here! I won't sell you any fish! Stop bothering my customers and the people of this city!! You should be ashamed to show your face-- after you put your useless wife in charge of all those programs-- and she misplaced $900 Million, which no one can account for! You owe me money! You owe money to every person in this city! Go back to that hotel your cronies are letting you stay in-- as payment for crooked real estate deals! You bum!"

DeBlasio retreated.
Just now, 11 hours later, in bed, in the dark, I realized...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'll probably not be putting him on my 'Brains Trust' anytime soon...

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Methods: Our study replicates a highly cited CDC study showing a negative association between school mask mandates and pediatric SARS-CoV-2 cases. We then extend the study using a larger sample of districts and a longer time interval, employing almost six times as much data as the original study. We examine the relationship between mask mandates and per-capita pediatric cases, using multiple regression to control for differences across school districts.

["The Centers for Disease Control in the U.S. have released multiple observational studies suggesting that school mask mandates significantly reduce case rates. However, there have also been numerous additional US and international observational studies finding no significant effect of school mask mandates on pediatric cases."]

Findings: Replicating the CDC study shows similar results; however, incorporating a larger sample and longer period showed no significant relationship between mask mandates and case rates. These results persisted when using regression methods to control for differences across districts. Interpretation: School districts that choose to mandate masks are likely to be systematically different from those that do not in multiple, often unobserved, ways. We failed to establish a relationship between school masking and pediatric cases using the same methods but a larger, more nationally diverse population over a longer interval. Our study demonstrates that observational studies of interventions with small to moderate effect sizes are prone to bias caused by selection and omitted variables. Randomized studies can more reliably inform public health policy.

Funding: University of Toronto

Declaration of Interest: The authors declare no competing interests

Revisiting Pediatric COVID-19 Cases in Counties With and Without School Mask Requirements—United States, July 1—October 20 2021

11 Pages ●Posted: 25 May 2022
Ambarish Chandra
University of Toronto - Rotman School of Management
Tracy Beth Høeg
University of California, Davis

https://archive.ph/wohGS#selection-399.341-398.2

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:31 am
Uvalde timeline makes no sense. Not pushing a conspiracy theory, but the info provided so far has been very misleading.

How did an unemployed kid get 8k? He stole it?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:31 am

How did an unemployed kid get 8k? He stole it?
He'd been working at Wendy's for a bit.

Wrecked his abuela's new, $45k F-250 en route, (cuz he didn't know how to drive.)

Suspicion is, the family are either coyotes &/or drug smugglers.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

This protester is talking sense. i AM indeed weak. And my voice IS small. And that IS why I need a gun.

this insane & disturbing video ends with the automated voice announcing the train has arrived at the station nearest my piss-spattered doorstep.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: This protester is talking sense. i AM indeed weak. And my voice IS small. And that IS why I need a gun.

My bore-snake is fatter than his biceps.

this insane & disturbing video ends with the automated voice announcing the train has arrived at the station nearest my piss-spattered doorstep.

Where's Curtis Sliwa when you need him? (Or better, Bernie Goetz?)

Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Keating wrote:
If a bird can speak
That once was a dinosaur
And a dog can dream?

:cdc:

Pseudomonas

free thoughtpolice

DSCN1701 (2).JPG
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 208 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BUUUUUUUUURRPP!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Pseudomonas wrote: Roobarb
That was... a little weird. But I'm waiting for GF's rhubarb crumble to cool, so it gave us something to pass the time.

She was inspired to make it-- after seeing a UK friend post a rhubarb crumble on social media. GF didn't know they had rhubarb over there.

She only explored rhubarb at-all-- because I got excited seeing rhubarb at the farmer's market. It reminds me of grandma. So we traded some fish &...

rhubarb strawberry crumble. Waiting for it to cool.

We already ate shishto peppers & bony-but-flavorful little porgy fish. Based hapa waifu cuisine.

Other recent viewing: workin' my way thru the entire catalogue of Murdoch² animations. Previously-- I'd only seen a 3 or 4 of those.

At this point-- it's a historic artifact of an already-gone cultural moment. But now we can tally-up the doomsayers' score-- with the benefit of hindsight. My reaction to the vids is similar to-- decades ago, in punk-rock days, snooping in on racist/neonazi/skinhead agitprop: their detailed emphasis on black studs raping their hu-wite wimmen... and their preening concern with on dressing like full-blown gay-twinks-in-denim&leather... gives me the queasy suspicion that their racialized fears blur into their racialized fantasies.

Seems like sacrilege to watch that shit on Memorial Day weekend. But... I guess that's the kind of degenerate behavior which keeps dirtbags like me out of a sweet gig in the SS. I paused the murdoch-murdoch.net bingewatch because of a brief cameo appearance by the Ghost of Phyllis Schlafly. Which led to watching a scene from the "Mrs. America" tv series, featuring Cate Blanchett as Schafly debating Betty Friedan... played well by Tracy Ullman. Then we watched the original, actual televised debate.

Now Ol' Phyllis & rhubarb crumble... *those* go-together like Memorial Day... and...

the drafting of young men to die, actually.

: (

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Important contribution to the gun debate.

⬇️

John D

Post by John D »

Wow. Strange day. I got up today and started putting all my stuff away from a weekend backpacking trip to Lake Michigan. It was a good hike. I brought my Glock 43 with me. I kept it in a satchel bag across my shoulder and kept track of it the whole time. When I came home I put my satchel on the kitchen counter. So... As I cleaned up today I realized my pistol was not in my satchel bag. My bag was empty. I confirmed the pistol was in the bag when I placed it on the counter.

So... there are two possibilities. One is that I am too irresponsible to keep track of my weapon. The other possibility is that my wife looked in my satchel and removed the pistol. She possibly placed it somewhere as some kind of game to fuck with me. We will see. I will confront her as soon as she wakes from her 18 hour sleep.

If I have actually lost track of my pistol I am not responsible enough to have a firearm.

If my wife moved my pistol I know how much she hates me.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Shit, John, what a rotten way to start the day.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Have you guys seen this thread? The old JREF tracking it's sad decline.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... 29&page=24

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Years ago, when my ex broke-up with me one morning at 8 a.m., & asked me to leave the apartment, & I said 'no, I'm going back to sleep for a while, if you want someone to leave-- you can go', & as she packed a day-bag she started crying-- well, then,-- the dopey European couple upstairs heard her crying & called the fucking cops to 'make sure she was ok'.

So I got a mandatory arrest & night in jail, & 7 months of court hearings until all charges were dropped-- thanks to Joe Biden's retarded 1994 Violence Against Women Act.

And she got a mandatory Violence Against Women Act mandated social worker, who administered a 'standard' list of Duluth Model questions to 'assess' the level of patriarchal Domestic Abuse she suffered from me. The list included things like threatening or harming her/our pets. The only thing I was assessed 'guilty' of was spying on "her" phone messages and emails-- which was bullshit-- because all I did was check her-and-MY shared landline voicemail-- 10 years earlier, before cellphones-- & catch some guy leaving her a message-- a guy she cheated on me with when I was 2,000 miles away.

Actually-- I also beat that guy up, when I got back to NY. But even the democratic-socialist-feminists don't have the nerve to put 'Did He Beat Up A Dude You Cheated On Him With?' on their assessment list of ways poor-poor victimwomen are abused.

So, anyway, I rehash this story now for 2 reasons:

1st-- I was watching the Johnny Depp trial last week & the sexy psychologist Dr. Curry rebutted Amber Turd's psychologist's testimony-- that Johnny was a Domestic Abuser. Turd's shrink had-testified that Johnny scored Level9000DangerPsycho on a standard assessment tool checklist administered to Damsel Amber. Dr. Curry rebutted that the checklist was inappropriate for use in contentious divorce litigation, with many million$ at stake.

Curry said the checklist was Specifically Developed, specifically for women-not-men: women who were plainly cyclical victims of violent male partners. Such as a woman making a repeat-visit to an emergency room-- with wounds from the man. Curry said the checklist was designed as a trojan horse (she didn't use that term). Curry said the checklist pretended to tally-up the abuses perpetrated by the man, for medical-professional use. But, actually, the checklist was designed to make the abused-woman break-out of her denial & become aware of the danger the male posed. In the hands of a malicious dishonest gold-digger... the checklist becomes a menu of false allegations/ not an instrument to determine the truth of allegations.

I wish Johnny Depp well & I found Dr. Curry appealing, but... I find that checklist to be sinister-as-fuck, even in its intended use... as that-use assumes only All Men are abusive and All Women are victims. Even more sinister-- is the test's mission-creep... from Emergency Room to Standard Procedure anytime police are called when they hear a woman crying. And, of course, the creep into messy divorce litigation.

And and and: Dr. Curry gave a single sinister example of the items on the checklist: "Does He Own A Gun?" As that's evidence he's a dangerous abuser.

So the 2nd reason I rehash this tale is because I'm pretty-sure the checklist includes a question like "Does He Search Your Purse?" as proof of abuse.

And "purse" is gendered language for John's gay "satchel". And I'm pretty sure the fucking testmakers didn't-dare put "Does He Hide Your Self-Defense Pistol?" on their list of abuse-signs. Because they wouldn't like the politics of THAT question. But... well.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fafnir wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 9:51 am
That's a members-only thread. I removed myself from that place several years ago after Darat kicked off one too many of the people I liked.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

fuzzy wrote:
fafnir wrote:
That's a members-only thread. I removed myself from that place several years ago after Darat kicked off one too many of the people I liked.
Ok, apologies. It's a thread talking about when they will be down to 1000 active users that was started in mid 2018. They were predicting end of 2018. In January this year they were down to 700. Being scientifically minded people, they say that that means users who have logged in within x days.... but don't specify x. Lot's of doom, but the consensus is it isn't Darat's fault.

It's even more of an angry circle jerk than it used to be. Everything is just politics, politics, politics and expectation of Trump going to prison, and Putin being defeated, and how stupid and racist Republican voters are. The thing that blows my mind is that, when occasionally they actually make a point... it's like they still think the enemy is evangelical Christianity, and quote Pinker. They have learned nothing.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

fafnir wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:54 pm
fuzzy wrote:
fafnir wrote:

It's a thread talking about when they will be down to 1000 active users that was started in mid 2018. They were predicting end of 2018. In January this year they were down to 700. Being scientifically minded people, they say that that means users who have logged in within x days.... but don't specify x. Lot's of doom, but the consensus is it isn't Darat's fault.

It's even more of an angry circle jerk than it used to be. Everything is just politics, politics, politics and expectation of Trump going to prison, and Putin being defeated, and how stupid and racist Republican voters are. The thing that blows my mind is that, when occasionally they actually make a point... it's like they still think the enemy is evangelical Christianity, and quote Pinker. They have learned nothing.
Yeah, they do keep their politics thread open to the public and I peek at it once in awhile. I remember that the main controversy about the Durham prosecution was whether Durham was going to be placed in prison within a few months, or if it would take a few years. The insanity is off the charts.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

They got me thinking recently. I'd kind of been thinking "what changed?". All they want to do is beat up on straw men and go on about how rational they are. Then it occured to me.... what did Randi actually do? Show that Uri Geller wasn't really a wizard? Show that TV evangelists aren't really receiving messages from God about their congregations? Show that astrology isn't real? The softest of soft targets. What is going on with people if they can spend all that energy mocking dowsers? It's like thinking everybody is going to think you are smart because you publicly embarrassed the special needs kid. Then, when Randi dumped them, they didn't have the supply of soft targets anymore to mock and make themselves feel smart.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

fafnir wrote: They got me thinking recently. I'd kind of been thinking "what changed?". All they want to do is beat up on straw men and go on about how rational they are. Then it occured to me.... what did Randi actually do? Show that Uri Geller wasn't really a wizard? Show that TV evangelists aren't really receiving messages from God about their congregations? Show that astrology isn't real? The softest of soft targets. What is going on with people if they can spend all that energy mocking dowsers? It's like thinking everybody is going to think you are smart because you publicly embarrassed the special needs kid. Then, when Randi dumped them, they didn't have the supply of soft targets anymore to mock and make themselves feel smart.
Yeah, if you debunk chupacabra, then go on to brag about your fourth booster shot, it's a wash at best.

John D

Post by John D »

So... My wife took my pistol out of my satchel and somehow decided it was safer to put it in her storage bin full of her drugs. So when I asked her if she moved my pistol she said... "Well... you always tell me you don't want someone to steal your pistol... and I thought that it was not safe in your satchel so I put it in my bin full of my drugs... but... well... a bugler would surely go through my bin full of drugs and find the gun..."

So yeah. At least I never lost track of my gun. My wife went into my things and moved it.

I told her she would never see my gun unattended again. She obviously can't act like an adult with my weapon.

She is in a remarkably good mood today. We watched some TV and listened to some songs and she even walked the dog. Life is full of surprises.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

John D wrote: well... a bugler would surely go through my bin full of drugs and find the gun..."
Gotta watch out for those fuckers, especially early in the morning.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha.. that is one talented bugler. I hope he doesn’t try to steal my pistol….

Keating

Post by Keating »

fafnir wrote:
Ok, apologies. It's a thread talking about when they will be down to 1000 active users that was started in mid 2018. They were predicting end of 2018. In January this year they were down to 700. Being scientifically minded people, they say that that means users who have logged in within x days.... but don't specify x. Lot's of doom, but the consensus is it isn't Darat's fault.

Isn't that the Slyme Pit too?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Keating wrote:
fafnir wrote:

Isn't that the Slyme Pit too?
I don't think the Pit had pretensions to whatever the JREF thought they were when Dawkins was at his height. They are clinging on to the idea that their scientific realism/humanism is the grand unified theory that explains everything and if you don't accept it, you are both evil and a moron.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

fafnir wrote: ..JREF...They are clinging on to the idea that their scientific realism/humanism is the grand unified theory that explains everything and if you don't accept it, you are both evil and a moron.
Would this also be a fair representation of your own views at the time?

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

MarcusAu wrote:
fafnir wrote: ..JREF...They are clinging on to the idea that their scientific realism/humanism is the grand unified theory that explains everything and if you don't accept it, you are both evil and a moron.
Would this also be a fair representation of your own views at the time?
That is a hard question to answer. I think I had a basic set of rose tinted assumptions around progress. I had a weak version of the liberal assumption of around the feasibility of solving social problems and there being something like a right answer to deep problems. They are worse on this than I ever was. I think I had far too much trust in a rather naive, utopian view of how society worked. I think I always thought they had too dismissive an attitude to religion, and the religious. Really, I think I was just young and ignorant. It all held together when I just stuck to the science and paranormal forums.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tell me again how it's a gun problem.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/30/new-video ... NYPTwitter

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tell me again how it's a gun problem.
It's Fleet Week, so navy dorks in white crackerjack uniforms wander Manhattan sidewalks in 2's & 3's. At this point-- I've come to expect, rather than be surprised-- at what an unimposing crew they are. Skinny guys who are all adam's apple, short & narrow shouldered with round boyfaces & Ralph Wiggum haircuts & awkward moustaches on no-need-to-shave cheeks. This time I saw a female who surely was under the 4'10" cut-off to be considered a dwarf. Some look dumb, or just dopey, or 'simple'. :twatson: And this fleet-of-thought always sails the same way: I'm glad they found a highly-structured place in the world, with 'purpose'.

All the 30+ years I've been in the city, Fleet Week overlaps with the Gay Pride Parade... now minus "Gay" and it's Pride Month. I used to think it was funny that the sailors & gays pilgrimages overlapped. 'tee hee- the village people!' Sometimes I'd tease sailors by pretending I thought they were in town for gay pride. But that seems like an unfunny forced-joke now. The corporate sponsored gayness went so over-the-top 2 or 3 years ago... it seems to have subsided this year. Or maybe it just hasn't ramped-up yet.

The block was nice & empty over the long weekend. I was irritated that the stereotypical-immigrant ghetto-brand cell phone store was open yesterday, with the same shitty 3rd World 'club' music blasting out the front door. On an otherwise unusually-quiet daytime street.

Then, the night was also quiet. Rather than the usual weekend ghetto noise blasting from car stereos-- stopping in front of the black market marijuana & untaxed cigarettes store, accompanied by shouting/fighting blacks. (The store which was never closed during covid, even when EVERYTHING was forced closed and cops & EMTs were fired for being unvaxed), and fire stations were shuttered for lack of staff.) It's been hot. The sidewalk radiates the heat collected all day... the probably keeps stragglers indoors.

But the night was punctuated with one altercation. I've been sleeping restlessly. Up to piss or drink lots of water, then piss again. Readjusting the fan. (Our AC is pulled out of the window & chinatown landlord asked me not to re-install it until he adds a support bracket/ so he doesn't get a fine from the city.) Sometimes I lay awake and just don't fall back asleep. Sometimes I take a pillow down to the tile floor, to cool off. Sometimes I reach for the laptop & click-around. I'm still grinding my way thru the Murdoch videos. I find them about as-realistic as 70's Planet of the Apes movies. But at least they're saying something slightly-different than the same old political same old. As cinema-- I think they're on a par with anime. In other words: crap. But crappy cartoon storytelling has a certain dreamlike quality. Because dreams are usually cartoonish and poorly-edited gibberish.

So... I finally was deep asleep. It must-have been late. I heard a mature white guy shouting, directly below my window, with a blue-collar native-newyorker firmness in his voice. He sounded-like he might be a cop... or maybe a truck driver delivering fuel oil to buildings. I didn't really wake up. I think the mental-image of a truck driver telling the derelicts and 3rd shift drug dealers to go fuck themselves-- was a welcome restful sound... I probably slumbered deeper! And the night was again quiet.

But, then, time went by... and I was irritated by a flashing red light on the ceiling. The lack of blue in the light... led me to expect an ambulance, fire truck, or emergency vehicle. But I looked out the dirty window-- and it was a cop car in front of the cig store. 4 or 5 cops walking around. The only 2 I saw looked like out-of-shape unimposing women. A fat black one, and a yellow or brown one. Then GF's crime app made it's alert-sound... announcing that a male had been stabbed downstairs. And the stabber was not apprehended. A 2nd cop car pulled-up, fully blocking the street. But no other traffic was there to-be blocked. It woulda been a dead-quiet night, without the disturbance. I went back to bed, not really giving a fuck. One of the cop cars made an blaring incomprehensible announcement thru the loudspeaker. I think it was a mistake... the cop was probably trying to radio-in to Central & used the rooftop speaker instead. Whatever happened-- I hope the sane-sounding white guy wasn't hurt. Whether he was attacked by the scumbag regulars downstairs, or whether he stabbed one of them.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

"And today, on the F train, coming into Essex street, an asian guy was stabbed in the shoulder. It's stabby stabby season."

--GF's reply when I read my prior post aloud.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Tell me again how it's a gun problem.
<snip>

Same problem - too many crazies with too easy access to too powerful guns. If everyone was as responsible as John - more or less ...😉 - then one might expect fewer shootings.

Not sure what the reason for that "too many crazies" is. Here in Canada there was a more or less "successful" effort to close the mental institutions - "community involvement as cure", I think was the argument. Coupled with too many drugs and too little investment in mental health programs - some of which seem little better than trepanning and blood-letting.

Society seems to be coming apart at the seams. I'd seen a recent article headline - never did read the article itself - about social collapse in New York City, but apparently there have been any number articles discussing the same issue, and for some time:
Society is right on track for a global collapse, new study of infamous 1970s report finds
By Brandon Specktor published July 19, 2021

A steep downturn in human population and quality of life could be coming in the 2040s, the report finds.
https://www.livescience.com/collapse-hu ... rowth.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/maga ... lapse.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1809782/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steersman wrote: Same problem - too many crazies with too easy access to too powerful guns.
Anyone adjudicated mentally incompetent is prohibited from possessing firearms. The problem is not 'too easy access' or 'powerful guns', but rather our namby-pamby mental health system that let's complete sickos loose -- so they never show up on background checks.

VA Tech killer had a long history of mental illness that went unaddressed. He used two light handguns.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: Society seems to be coming apart at the seams.
I don't think the street criminals are the culprits. Ghetto thugs didn't suddenly become so successful & powerful that they took-over cities. Just like the illegals coming across the border didn't conquer Trump's border wall with battering rams & head-to-head combat. The seams-coming-apart is an Inside Job. (The murdoch videos I'm bingeing would blame 'the jews', but the jew-haters fail to Show Their Work & explain the mechanics of their claim. I'm 100% certain that one can find jewish fingerprints all over the crime scene... but all that proves to me is that jews are integrated-into the managerial class of our society. I don't see how they're especially guilty, beyond other Ivy Leaguers and crony capitalists and progressives. The murdochs are so crazy-- that I've heard them muse that Christianity might be a Jewish Conspiracy to enslave the goys! Because apostle Paul (((codename: Saul))) started out killing those who would infect jews with Christianity. But then later he evangelized Christianity... TO the gentiles. Perhaps... dun dun dun!... because he still believed it was pernicious... so he did it to hurt the hu-wites. cuckoo bananas. But kinda fun as sci-fi fantasy trolling.

Thanks for those links-- but the 1st one seems to be a rehash of something published by Vice... which is sufficiently-dubious to make me not-bother to keep reading. The 2nd one is similar-- New York Times magazine... no thanks. The 3rd link is from 1990. And-- that was indeed the point you were making-- that "for some time" "any number of articles" have bemoaned the decline of NYC. Fair enough.

Yesterday I biked 100 blocks uptown, up the sterile-but-pleasant Hudson River waterfront parks... then to Spanish Harlem where I lived back in the crack epidemic (now a high-rent area with outdoor restaurants). Then back thru Central Park (still pretty good. bittersweet that it never changes/ so it stirs up old memories good & bad). I biked fat & shirtless & shameless. Got sun, but didn't burn. My mood was unusually high, like John D.'s wife walking the dog. I either looked awful or hipster or eccentric or crazy or cool. Black leather Rockport wingtips with basketball shorts & a fanny pack & bare fat belly & trucker cap & crazybeard. Weighed myself when I got home--first time since 248 in February. I'm back under 240, instead of finally cracking 250 (for the 1st time). My keto low of 177 is years-gone. I don't see myself getting back under 200, unless I find myself single again. Or unless a heart attack or diabetes bites my ass into motivation. I can't blame 'society' ...society's disrepair... for my own. But the fucked-up world makes an all-too-comfortable shitnest for me t wallow-in. Just getting thru the Mass Formation Psychosis of Covid... without going crazy... was a low-bar for 'victory' (letting self-defeat-by-slothful-disrepair creep-in.)

Yesterday, in the middle of my bike ride, I stopped for over an hour & talked on the phone with my motorcycle mechanic friend-- who saved-up a stack of money/ but cowers in his mother's apartment. Too twitchy to complete his plan of moving to Wyoming or South Dakota or some other remote frontier... away from urban decay. He rants about jews like an internet dork. And he's too easily-triggered to hold a job now. But he rides his bicycle dozens of miles & can wheelie for blocks & do crazy jumps-- despite COPD... and an ongoing nicotine vape habit. If he were a dog, he'd be the kind of pitbull we put-down pre-emptively. He's high-iq, but paranoid & idiotic, completely capable of killing someone with a bare-knuckle punch. He's got arms like Popeye or an orangutan. He tries to avoid current tv & movies & politics. It all upsets him-- and he sees darkly symbolic shit in it. Many self-styled toughguys think they'd be better-off if society did fully fall-apart into Mad Max. He's one of those cases... where it's actually true. he'd also do great in a prison-gang setting. And my diagnosis is... all he has to do is... make it thru his 40's without blowing up or offing himself... and wait for his testosterone & mentality to taper-off in his 50's... and he'll be ok. But there's no guarantee he'll last another decade. Like nyc-as-we-know it... and the USofA.

I look forward to revisiting this doomsaying in 10 years... and seeing how wrong I was. Just like that 1990 link about NYC's decline.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The problem is not 'too easy access' or 'powerful guns', but rather our namby-pamby mental health system that let's complete sickos loose -- so they never show up on background checks.
And that problem won't be fixed... because the progressives won't be able to resist... pathologizing their political opponents. Like Trudeau's fresh new gun grab in Canada.... which set aside million$ so that 'minorities' and 'disadvantaged groups' would get special extra training... deputizing them to Red Flag the patriarchy & systemic white supremacists & pro-life christians... & Truckers... or Whoever Gets In The Way.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Just today, Biden's new, dusky-kewpie-doll spokesblacklesbian announced that Joe is against improving school security or focusing on mental health. It's all about gun restrictions. (Including those 9mm that blow the lungs right out of a person.)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

for all that's disheveled in the world & my self
i rose and walked in the dark
to piss
& in the medicine cabinet mirror
i see
my hair
is
perfect

i failed to file on tax day
the apartment is a mess
the neighborhood is a death wish sequel
& global finance rattles death

but my father and his father cut their own hair
and i haplessly followed suit
saved money but cost dignity
now the clipped tree has bourne fruit

I saw Lon Chaney Jr. walking with the Queen, uh
Doin' the werewolves of London
I saw a werewolf drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect

Ah-hoo, werewolves of London

I'll share my discovery freely
it's counterintuitive, you won't believe
The Combover cut is not-just for the bald!
i told ya you wouldn't believe it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/movi ... olves.html

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Service Dog wrote: I stopped for over an hour & talked on the phone with my motorcycle mechanic friend-- who saved-up a stack of money/ but cowers in his mother's apartment. Too twitchy to complete his plan of moving to Wyoming or South Dakota or some other remote frontier... away from urban decay.
He's got this dream about buying some land
He's gonna give up the booze and the one-night stands
And then he'll settle down
In some quiet little town
And forget about everything

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

sickmaking.

https://media.patriots.win/post/FjTN1H0pu6tX.jpeg

peak corruption.
https://media.patriots.win/post/Zb1GyWOKgshZ.jpeg

technically, tho...
https://media.patriots.win/post/gWU6uQJPoSLm.jpeg

https://media.patriots.win/post/A1B2PSVktj5l.jpeg

Gender Presentation: Necrophiliac

Racists: "African Niggers are low IQ. We can't let them come here."
Me: "You sure about that? I've seen 'em outscore us on an intelligence test..."

https://media.patriots.win/post/UHRHZcXG4OtH.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jury finds Amber Turd defamed Johnny Depp, awards him $15 million:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/verd ... d=84786176

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

uh oh. Somebody remembered we exist(ed).

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2022/06/ ... nt-1997667

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

And Dawkins descends to spank a WEITard:

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2022/06/ ... nt-1997630

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Amber Heard's response to the verdict: "Oh, crap!"

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: And Dawkins descends to spank a WEITard:

https://whyevolutionistrue.com/2022/06/ ... nt-1997630
The man is 81. What the hell is he doing getting in to dumb arguments about the definition of "woman" on the Internet? How clueless is he that he?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Is the phrase "still a thing" still a thing?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Amber's really in the dumps right now.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Well, perhaps she should have tried to smear Depp.