Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
another lurker

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by another lurker »

I suppose I should not be surprised that Steers is still going strong!

And matt dillahunty has been the butt of jokes on twitter lately, as he is arguing that women can have penises. BTW he also argued, on a long ago podcast, that one world govt would be a great idea fucking loon

John D

Post by John D »

Just catching up on some Rucka. This is actually pretty old.... but it got banned because of Joes balls... haha.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Hey John-- tell me if this one grabs ya!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote: I suppose I should not be surprised that Steers is still going strong!

And matt dillahunty has been the butt of jokes on twitter lately, as he is arguing that women can have penises. BTW he also argued, on a long ago podcast, that one world govt would be a great idea fucking loon
Well, well, another blast from the past. :-) Nice to see and hear from you again. And your signature:
so who wants to see my tids/
Thought you'd never ask ... ;)

But I also had been away from the "old gang" myself for some time - had to ask Lsuoma for the same password reset as you did. I had been on Twitter too for some time before, most recently, getting booted off for challenging the "trans inquisition" - nobody ever expects ... :)

Hope you saw my recent "exposition" on that at Medium: :)

https://medium.com/@steersmann/wikipedi ... 0901a22da2

Paid a couple of hundred bucks for some professional editing services so the result is a bit less "turgid" than my useful fare. But whole issue is such a clusterfuck, largely due to "shoddy and inept uses of words" ;)

Somewhat apropos of which, you might check out Graham Linehan's YouTube channel - "The Mess We're In" (indeed), particularly his latest and a comment by yours truly: :)

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: Hey John-- tell me if this one grabs ya!

The Deja Vu album from CSNY is one of my favorite creations. I enjoy Neil Young when he goes all spiritual as in this display. Still... I like a song that is a bit more constructed. I have been playing "The Pretender" tonight (Jackson Brown). A masterpiece. Sample provided. I hope I can get good enough at this to perform it in a moving way. Not a small task. Thanks for sharing. It is a gift to me.

Keating

Post by Keating »

another lurker wrote: so who wants to see my tids/
You have tids? Don't be silly there are no girls on the internet

Keating

Post by Keating »

another lurker wrote: I suppose I should not be surprised that Steers is still going strong!

I don't know about penises, but I do know several women who carry their partner's balls around in their purse.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

John D wrote: I like a song that is a bit more constructed.
Fair enough. It's good lubrication to free associate lyrics...

I pull-da guitar-a-par

lie ka wish-bone

bury the needle deep in red

gran ma’s quill tie rest my head

teddy bear dogs and… some times warm women

In quiet or, at-lease, distant sound

safe to face my fate… and… last baptism

hocus pocus outta focus

sy-toe-kine storm sand havoc glass

hockner cyclo ranger cig-nite vision

night of the mercury comet rang

icy roads and swimming pools ann

heather missy diane missing mission

----

The Pretender is "a Jackson Browne song"... like... every Dolly Parton song... I can already hear her doing it in my head/ before it starts... so it's hard to actually listen when he plays it. So hearing a different person perform it-- refreshes it. I like Tom Petty, but all his hits are too embeded in my head the same way. That's why I like him starting this show with a not-tom-petty song...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Early omicron picture is looking good. Data from South Africa shows very fast spread but no big rise in hospitalisations, so if it stays this way were going to get widespread immunity and a more benign strain.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

another lurker wrote: And matt dillahunty has been the butt of jokes on twitter lately, as he is arguing that women can have penises.
His butt is the butt of jokes.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That controversial Santa Inc. show is crass and grotesque.

Is nothing sacrum?

Sarah Silverman must denounce.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote:

I don't know about penises, but I do know several women who carry their partner's balls around in their purse.
:) Every place of refuge has its price - to coin a phrase: ;)

Memes_Domestication_WolvesDogs.jpg
(79.92 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

We all tend to exchange some of one thing for some of another - it's pretty much a quid pro quo, all the way down. The trick is not exchange our "souls" for that home across the road, as Bob Dylan once put it.

Probably few men think their souls reside in their balls, although maybe some do. Maybe not quite the same but, rather amusingly, the "palace eunuchs of imperial China" saw their "emasculated parts" that they kept in "hermetically sealed vessels" as their "precious" - speaking of Gollum & Golem, a soul-less law firm:
The severed parts, euphemistically called the pao, meaning the "precious," were preserved in a hermetically sealed vessel, and were highly valued by the eunuch. They were always placed on a high shelf to symbolize that the owner should rise to high rank. The eunuch also treasured his "precious" because, to be promoted to a higher grade, he was obliged to first display his emasculated parts and be reexamined by the chief eunuch. If his "Precious" should be lost or stolen, at promotion time he had to buy one from the eunuch clinic, or he could borrow or rent one from another eunuch. It was also vital that the eunuch's organs be placed in his coffin at his death in the hope of hoodwinking the gods of the underworld into believing that he was a complete man: otherwise he was doomed to appeal in the next world as a she-mule.
https://www.usrf.org/news/010308-hiddenpower.html

But certainly many "women" - and their various white knights - seem to think that about their membership cards in the "female" category, getting rather decidedly offended at the argument that they get those "cards" revoked at menopause ...

Tweets_JamesWatt_KathleenStock_2A.jpg
(77.42 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

"male" and "female" are just labels for quite transitory - no pun intended - biological capabilities; we're born sexless, and, for most of us, merely acquire a sex, and category membership cards, at puberty, cards which can be subsequently revoked for one reason or another. There's no magic or mythic essence to those states. Causes no end of grief and quite unnecessary animosity to think or argue otherwise:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ogical-sex

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In hindsight, Beth was a gateway drug to tranny luv.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: But largely agree with your summary - expect that The Onion has seen better days, the Babylon Bee more often on point. Nature of the beast - pretty much all civilizations - and cultures, mainstream, counter, and corporate - have their heydays followed by declines, senescence, and death. RIP - life's a bitch and all that. Takes some effort to root out the rot, to rejuvenate them all.
The Babylon Bee was set up to promote right-wing, conservative, fundamentalist christian values. And I suspect that their staff are not particularly diverse on those points.

Note that I did not use scare quotes above - they can speak and associate as freely as they please.

They seem to have their own sacred cows - and as such they are not an equal opportunity offender with regards to their targets. Once again that is their decision, and there is no evidence that the quality of their humour is related in any way to the range of their targets.

Any group with an opposing agenda would do well to learn from their example when setting up their own propaganda wing.

And so apropos of that...

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote: But largely agree with your summary - expect that The Onion has seen better days, the Babylon Bee more often on point. Nature of the beast - pretty much all civilizations - and cultures, mainstream, counter, and corporate - have their heydays followed by declines, senescence, and death. RIP - life's a bitch and all that. Takes some effort to root out the rot, to rejuvenate them all.
The Babylon Bee was set up to promote right-wing, conservative, fundamentalist christian values. And I suspect that their staff are not particularly diverse on those points.

Note that I did not use scare quotes above - they can speak and associate as freely as they please.

They seem to have their own sacred cows - and as such they are not an equal opportunity offender with regards to their targets. Once again that is their decision, and there is no evidence that the quality of their humour is related in any way to the range of their targets.

Any group with an opposing agenda would do well to learn from their example when setting up their own propaganda wing.
Hmmmm.... I think you are wrong on some points.

First... I really don't care what Nike shirt man has to say. He was boring and not insightful. He just explained to me what things he thinks are funny... or not funny. Whatever. I get to decide what is funny for me. Nike shirt man can suck me. No value in his comments as far as I am concerned.

and so... What is the Babylon Bee? It is a loose collection of right wing comics who send in satirical headlines and news reports. If the headline is funny (according to the Bee's editors) they will pay the comic a small fee and then publish the joke. The BB is not some cabal of right wing Christians trying to convert us. They are just a site that tries to make money publishing humor that appeals to the right.

I think you must not follow the BB closely. Some of the joke are self reflective and mock Christians who are too proud and have gone off the rails. Maybe you don't pay attention to these jokes... as they probably don't even make sense to you. They mock evangelical preachers etc.... and their humor cuts more deeply since these topic are in their own backyard.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

John D wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:59 am
MarcusAu wrote:

Hmmmm.... I think you are wrong on some points.

First... I really don't care what Nike shirt man has to say. He was boring and not insightful. He just explained to me what things he thinks are funny... or not funny. Whatever. I get to decide what is funny for me. Nike shirt man can suck me. No value in his comments as far as I am concerned.

and so... What is the Babylon Bee? It is a loose collection of right wing comics who send in satirical headlines and news reports. If the headline is funny (according to the Bee's editors) they will pay the comic a small fee and then publish the joke. The BB is not some cabal of right wing Christians trying to convert us. They are just a site that tries to make money publishing humor that appeals to the right.

I think you must not follow the BB closely. Some of the joke are self reflective and mock Christians who are too proud and have gone off the rails. Maybe you don't pay attention to these jokes... as they probably don't even make sense to you. They mock evangelical preachers etc.... and their humor cuts more deeply since these topic are in their own backyard.
Bottom line is satire is funny to the extent that the target is perceived to be a thing. If you don't believe that a cultural phenomenon exists then you aren't going to laugh at it being satired, are you? So your beliefs dictate what is funny. How is this hypocritical? Are we supposed to give all beliefs equal weight or can we regard wokeism, for instance, as bullshit? Then you have the question of the quality of satire and my personal opinion is that lefty political satire has become nothing more than hectoring projection. Not taking issue with John, this was the most convenient post to tack my thoughts onto.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I went to a transgender comedy show so that you don’t have to

I watched as all of these bitter people pretended to have a clue about how the world really works.

https://getoutspoken.com/gayborhood-dea ... nt-have-to

John D

Post by John D »

Humor certainly is relative to a person's view. Some "dad jokes" are simply funny because they play on words. Some jokes can be a bit funny to everyone, but satire is definitely something that plays off of a persons philosophy.

I was out with friends last night and we started to complain about our children. One of my friend's daughters has hooked up with a mildly autistic math major who refuses to work. The daughter does all the work while he plays "Magic the Gathering". "Just get a job" was our refrain... any job. (They are a different generation I guess). My daughter hooked up with a transman who can't work at all. He is trying to get disability and he is only 26 years old. He is 150 pounds overweight, has PTSD preventing him from riding in a car, has a bad back, and is sick from the testosterone. So.... as I told my tale of woe one of my friends said "Well... it sounds like he needs to grow a pair."

I found this funny... but I am sure my kids would not.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Can't say that I've detected much in the way of any of their supposed "sacred" - or scared - cows, nor much in the way of any "right-wing, conservative, fundamentalist" bias. They have certainly taken some well-deserved shots at the woke - even if that's rather like shooting fish in a barrel:

Grizzly Bear Shatters All Pro Wrestling Records After Identifying As Human:
https://babylonbee.com/news/grizzly-bea ... as-a-human

Police Calm Millennial Protesters By Handing Out Participation Trophies:
https://babylonbee.com/news/police-calm ... n-trophies

Puberty Blockers Now Available In Infant Formula:
https://babylonbee.com/news/progress-pu ... nt-formula

Though I've also seen more than a few shots at the right & the religious:

Biden Polling Well Among Pentecostals After He Speaks In Tongues:
https://babylonbee.com/news/pentecostal ... -sentences

Although maybe the last is more a case of a two-for-one, of being "even handed" - slapping both sides of the public's face. So to speak.

But "being offended" is an amusing "sign of the times", a salient feature of the current zeitgeist. Interesting article at Canada's own National Post by, of all people, Lawrence Krauss; not to say that he doesn't have a good point:

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/lawren ... -offensive

Although Stephen Fry and Jonathan Rauch have put it a bit more pithily or succinctly:

Offended_StephenFry_Hitchens.jpg
(150.54 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Quotes_Offended.jpg
(113.96 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Crux of the matter is that pretty much all of us have our own sacred cows, our own tendencies, as Mark Twain put it, to "do no end of feeling but to mistake that for thinking":

http://www.twainquotes.com/Feelings.html

And present company are, in general, not at all excepted. While some few have at least genuflected in the direction of my argument that "women" once they reach menopause no longer qualify as such, as "adult human females (producers of ova)", and some even concede that prepubescent girls and menopausees are only "honorary females", most are rather decidedly offended by that argument - feelings clearly getting in the way of thinking.

While it is rather difficult at best not to argue that "women", in general, have an extra burden or two in the reproductive department - which might well justify some consideration ("women and children first" and all that), the frequent protestations - little better than indications of offended vanity - from them and their various white knights really shouldn't qualify as any sort of "get-out-of-jail-free" card. So you're offended - so fucking what?

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Service Dog wrote: Nearly everything I've heard about Omicron-- on TV & from people who watch TV-- has been wildly-inaccurate speculation and 'medical misinformation'.

There's an immense double-standard in how strictly one side of the debate is policed, vs. the other.

And I feel like I'm making an obvious, boring, trite observation-- by pointing that out.

Nor am I clever-- for recognizing it as a classic case of a 'Big Lie' being repeated often-enough to be accepted without question as-true.

Pointing it out is drudgery, a chore. Like picking-up someone else's dirty discarded mask off the sidewalk. But somebody's gotta do it.

--

For what it's worth-- I discern two types of fellow-travelers on the Official Propaganda Train. The lowly class are those who confidently echo the State Narrative... repeating & embellishing what TV & Facebook & Twitter tell them, with confidence. Their opinion will change when the signal is given. As soon as Saturday Night Live finally tells them to mock Kamala or Covid, they will. They'll perceive their change of opinion as their own independent thought-- and so they won't experience Cognitive Dissonance.

The lofty class are those-- like Lsuoma-- who correctly sense that active, enthusiastic, detailed endorsement of the Official Truth-- will quickly trap them in a web of inconsistency & agonizing cognitive dissonance. So they unfocus their eyes, tune-out, hide behind the 'ignore' filter, become avid connoisseurs of birdwatching and their own bowel movements-- as-if they're above-it-all. But when they do show-up, they're petulant.

Seth Rogan attempted to model this blasé pose-- tailored for his lefty stoner hipster audience, recently, in his tweets about how uncool it is-- to be bothered by your car windows being smashed & property stolen. https://www.theblaze.com/news/seth-roge ... r-break-in
Here is one possible answer for Omicron. Lab realease 2.0

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1466 ... bwdceMnxhQ

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Steersman wrote: ...pretty much all of us have our own sacred cows,..
I think that was the point I was aiming at...

Some might say that you have a fine eye for detail, though others would put it that you tend towards pedantry.

A scurrilous rumour at best - no one has ever proven anything.

nb Please do no take anything I say as an invitation to discuss sex, gender or trans issues. (Not even this comment).

...all the best...

M.

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Do we know anyone who lives near Gloucester?

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/bomb- ... ide-687944

This guy has his own arse-nal!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MarcusAu wrote:
Steersman wrote: ...pretty much all of us have our own sacred cows,..
I think that was the point I was aiming at...
Then we agree - more or less. Though very little if not nothing is sacred around here - at least in general. Even if that may qualify as a case of nihilism ... ;)

GahanWilson_NothingSacred_1A.jpg
(83.77 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
MarcusAu wrote: Some might say that you have a fine eye for detail, though others would put it that you tend towards pedantry.

A scurrilous rumour at best - no one has ever proven anything.
Innocent until proven guilty ...

MarcusAu wrote: nb Please do no take anything I say as an invitation to discuss sex, gender or trans issues. (Not even this comment).
Don't think anyone here needs much of a pretext let alone an invitation to discuss anything at all. One of the Pit's more or less justified claims to fame if not fortune.

Though as something of a "meta", methinks the whole transgender clusterfuck is drawing attention to some quite profound and rather pervasive "virulently anti-science and anti-intellectual sentiments". Maybe more typical of various feminist ideologues - as the reviewers of "Professing Feminism" once suggested - but hardly unique to them.
MarcusAu wrote: ...all the best...

M.
And to you. And of the season, even it's a bit early. Which may be moot as Xmas music started not long after Halloween. ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

prepubescent girls and menopausees are only "honorary females"
Stacking the scare quotes on top of the adjective is like using a double-negative.

► Show Spoiler

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Stankeye wrote: one possible answer for Omicron. Lab realease 2.0
Indeed, Omicron is so very different from all prior strains... look at all the clear differences in morphology... natural mutation can't account for it... and yet Omicron has striking similarites to the common cold... how can science possibly explain this version of "Covid", Doctor?
► Show Spoiler

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
prepubescent girls and menopausees are only "honorary females"
Stacking the scare quotes on top of the adjective is like using a double-negative.

► Show Spoiler
I was actually quoting someone else, more or less:
Boys, girls, old men and old ladies might be 'honorary' members of their sex ...
The "problem" with quotes - always a bit moot as to the context and pretext. Why it generally helps to not assume anything, or very little, right out of the chute.

However, more broadly, that's the problem of what "we" - as a society - should accept as the primary definition for "woman". If it is to mean a gender - as Merriam-Webster and Wikipedia more or less endorse; if there are no objective correlates and "necessary and sufficient conditions" for category membership - as many feminists insist on arguing; if the word can be used in an "honorary" or nominal sense then Jenner and Bergdorf and their ilk can qualify. Rather doubt most feminists - of both or neither sexes - would accept any blame in either of those cases.

But if there are, in fact as is manifestly the case, such objective correlates and conditions (functional ovaries) then neither menopausees nor transwomen nor prepubescent girls qualify - suck it up buttercups; can't have your cakes and eat them too:

Oxford_Definitions_Female.jpg
(41.6 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

mordacious1 wrote: Do we know anyone who lives near Gloucester?

We prolly need Bhurzo for a proper comment on this. Although it does say at the end that the patient was discharged.

Reminds me a bit of Blaster Bates' that if you're bending over when someone fires a less-lethal projectile at you, you can end up with a rubbery taste in your mouth.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: transgender comedy
If ya search for 'transgender comedy' on YouTube... a bunch of Dave Chappelle videos come up. Take that, sissies!

John D

Post by John D »

mordacious1 wrote: Do we know anyone who lives near Gloucester?

oh… bravo good sir… this article. Along with your pun, had me laughing for a good 15 minutes. I read this out loud to my wife and I was in tears by the end… and my wife kept saying “stop! Stop!”

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Had it been a panzerfaust, I'd be suspicious.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jussie Smollett stuns jury with tale of late-night 'roid-rage unwanted-sex encounter with white supremacist brothers

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

:flags-canada:

:teasing-poke:

:romance-heartbeating: :sad-pacing: :romance-heartbeating:

:auto-ambulance: :eusa-violin:

https://media.patriots.win/post/HPrLfZO9.jpeg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Meanwhile, I keep getting warned I'll be sent to Facebook prison if I keep posting about the link between the jab and heart disease in young healthy men:
fake check.png
(448.51 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

On this date eighty years ago, a tragic accident occurred caused by a fleet.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Some people did something.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm trying to comprehend Mayor de Blasio's new strictest-in-the-nation vaccine decree, announced yesterday, that no one can be employed-- by any private employer, of any size-- unless they are vaccinated.

The mandate goes into-effect December 27.
De Blasio's term as mayor ends 5 days later, at midnight on New Year's Eve.

When asked about the mandate--
people on the street seem unable to remain focussed on the significant, new You Can't Work Anywhere part-- defaulting to stating their opinions about Covid in-general. I guess they'd be ok with the unvax'd (ages 5 & up) being lined-up & shot dead, as long as 'Covid' is on the other end of the scales.

I alternate between: 1.) considering the decree to be momentary, meaningless nonsense... suuuurely it won't last-past de Blasio's departure??... vs. 2.) I am freaked-out that the fleeting-existence of this abomination... is nonetheless a sign of something catastrophic tumbling-around in our society, like a bullet.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
:flags-canada:

:teasing-poke:

:romance-heartbeating: :sad-pacing: :romance-heartbeating:

:auto-ambulance: :eusa-violin:

https://media.patriots.win/post/HPrLfZO9.jpeg
:-) Nice to see you waving Canada's flag ... ;)

Though I'd suggest doing a bit more due-diligence, particularly as Blacklock's Reporter and its publisher, Holly Doan, are a bit suspect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacklock%27s_Reporter

While she's apparently correct about the number of cases, she looks like she has her thumbs - to the elbows - on the scales; rather typical of the anti-vax crowd ... ;)

You may wish to talk to the horse's head rather than to the other end - so to speak:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... -naci.html

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac- ... ccines.pdf

Of note from the PDF:
In Canada, as of November 12, 2021, the overall reported rate of myocarditis/pericarditis was 3.0 per 100,000 doses administered following any dose of the Moderna 100 mcg vaccine compared to 1.9 per 100,000 doses administered following any dose of the PfizerBioNTech 30 mcg vaccine.
And:
The previous NACI recommendation continues to be maintained:
1. NACI preferentially recommends that a complete series with an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine should be offered to individuals 12 years and older without contraindications to the vaccine. (Strong NACI Recommendation)

In addition, NACI now recommends that:
1.a. For individuals aged 12 to 29 years receiving an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine primary series:
 The use of Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty (30 mcg dose) is preferred to Moderna Spikevax (100 mcg dose) to start or continue the mRNA primary vaccine series.
 The second dose of mRNA vaccine should be provided 8 weeks after the first dose as a longer interval between doses is associated with higher vaccine effectiveness and potentially lower risk of myocarditis/pericarditis.
Even the 3 per 100k is anywhere from 100 to 1000 times less risky than not getting vaccinated at all. Not that such details show up on your radar ... ;)

In any case, and to kill the proverbial two birds with one stone, you had earlier posted a "it's not going to happen" JPG presumably or apparently in response to my suggestion that menopausees could be considered "honorary females". Which seems rather inconsistent with your supposed/claimed endorsement of the standard definitions for "female" and "woman" as "produces ova" and "adult human female" - speaking out of both sides of your mouth? Tsk, tsk.

You and virtually every other Pitter seem desperately committed to the view that both are matters of "immutable identities" based on some mythic essence - little better than articles of faith, than egregious cases of "magical thinking". Rather like the transloonie nutcases; pots, kettles.

As I had mentioned earlier, Helen Staniland in a Graham Linehan YouTube video had described the transactivists thusly:
“emotional involvement like they feel that their very identity is as stake”

Seem my comment for a time-stamp.

But that seems pretty much exactly how you and most women see "woman" and "female", as identities instead of the more rational view that those words "merely" describe those possessing quite transitory biological capabilities in the reproductive department.

Beth, Elizabeth, Helen, Susie and all of their many "sisters" aren't merely the appendages of the borg called "woman" with as little autonomy; they're individuals with various transitory abilities.

That so many people are unable or unwilling to recognize that dichotomy highlights and underlines the "virulent anti-science and anti-intellectual sentiments" that is pervasive and quite problematic.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

i am an anti vaxxer according to the current "definition" at least

And fuck the lot of you :p

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I would not fuck either of them in the ass. Not even with Steers' dick.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

:cdc:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
I would not fuck either of them in the ass. Not even with Steers' dick.
Thanks, appreciate that; probably something we agree on ... "It's 9 PM - do you know where your dick is or has been?" ;)

But I had thought we agreed on a number of issues, though it's been awhile.

However:
i am an anti vaxxer according to the current "definition" at least

And fuck the lot of you :p
"the lot of you" seems a rather broad brush with little to no rationale or evidence behind it. One might reasonably argue that some of the implementations of the Covid policies are overly draconian though 5 million dead is nothing to sneeze at. And vaccinations in general are hardly panaceas - many a slip twixt cup and lip; there have have been a number of fuck-ups with other vaccines in the past. Maybe some cause to think world-wide vaccination for Covid is a bit of a gamble - as Larry Sanger argued though to what extent that is justified may be moot:

https://larrysanger.org/2021/08/the-ast ... l-vaccine/

But one might reasonably ask if you've ever had any vaccinations yourself.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Shut the fuck up Steers

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote: Shut the fuck up Steers
Tsk, tsk. And here I thought we had "the beginnings of a beautiful friendship". "What did I do to offend thee?" "honorary females"? "transloonie nutcases"? "anti-vaxers"?

In any case, after you Alphonse.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Steersman wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:43 pm
Tsk, tsk. And here I thought we had "the beginnings of a beautiful friendship". "What did I do to offend thee?" "honorary females"? "transloonie nutcases"? "anti-vaxers"?

I will always adore you steers

Btw your fave slut Maggie McNeill is a foul mouthed cunt, just sayin'

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Do you think Steers could be reformed if we sent him to 4chan???

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:43 pm

I will always adore you steers
Odd way of showing that. But thanks, I guess ... :)
another lurker wrote: Btw your fave slut Maggie McNeill is a foul mouthed cunt, just sayin'
Gawd, you really know how to hurt a guy, doncha? ;)

Can't say that I ever got "up close and personal" enough - maybe sadly - to see any evidence of that. Though she blocked me on Twitter - probably because I had quoted a Stanley Baldwin quip - various politicians enjoying "power without responsibility, the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages" - to her. A few "philosophic differences" there related to decriminalization versus legalization.

But I've read more than a few of her blog posts; she seems a rather remarkably intelligent, articulate, and prolific writer - maybe even qualifies as a woman. :)

https://maggiemcneill.com/

Even commented there a few times, have an autographed copy of her "Ladies of the Night" - who generally get a far worse press than they deserve, particularly on the "distaff side" ;)
Do you think Steers could be reformed if we sent him to 4chan???
Not quite sure how you think a site that the Guardian described as "lunatic, juvenile (...) brilliant, ridiculous and alarming" could reform anybody. Or why you would think I'm in any need of that ... ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: I'd suggest doing a bit more due-diligence ... While she's apparently correct
You are inane. Before posting, I fact-checked that tweet-- using the same official Canadian govt links as you used.

And, like you, I found the the content of the tweet to be accurate. Due diligence done.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Steers, you are from Toronto aren't you, faggot?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote: https://i.imgur.com/F8DpFre.jpeg
Steersman wrote: I'd suggest doing a bit more due-diligence ... While she's apparently correct
You are inane. Before posting, I fact-checked that tweet-- using the same official Canadian govt links as you used.
Bully for you. Where was your evidence of that in that post of yours? All that Holly had provided, and that you posted, was a count of the cases without any reference to the incidence; no indication at all that either of you understood that the chance of that was a hundred to a thousand times less likely than dying or being hospitalized from covid.

Don't think you have a clue about the concept, about different levels of risk, about making trade-offs. And are too pigheaded to learn. "virulently anti-science and anti-intellectual", indeed.
Service Dog wrote: And, like you, I found the the content of the tweet to be accurate. Due diligence done.

https://i.imgur.com/vzpA4sx.png
:roll:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/XgUIMYdT.jpeg

--

Step right up, humans & animals, sort yourselves... you'll be beggin' for the gom jabbar!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote: Steers, you are from Toronto aren't you, faggot?
LoL - the gloves are off? ;)

But no. It's Vancouver, more or less - twat. :)

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Steersman wrote:

I live 8 hours from you, twit

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

it's been 8+ fucking years and no one here was able to weaponize Steerz autism

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Ah, that's right - I'd forgotten about that; mea culpa. Seem to recollect you talking about living out in the bush somewhere in BC; think you'd even posted a photo or two - road washout? Prince George? Probably 8 hours.

You clearly survived "the flood of '21" - good show. :) But any effects in your neck of the woods?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Steersman wrote:
another lurker wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Ah, that's right - I'd forgotten about that; mea culpa. Seem to recollect you talking about living out in the bush somewhere in BC; think you'd even posted a photo or two - road washout? Prince George? Probably 8 hours.

You clearly survived "the flood of '21" - good show. :) But any effects in your neck of the woods?
forest fire 1km from my house
the merry creek fire!
i was cut off from civilization for 3 days
they closed the highways and shut the power in 40C weather i nearly fucking died

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

another lurker wrote: it's been 8+ fucking years and no one here was able to weaponize Steerz autism
I ain't done trying...
Steersman wrote: without any reference to the incidence; no indication at all that either of you understood that the chance of that was a hundred to a thousand times less likely than dying or being hospitalized from covid.

Don't think you have a clue about the concept, about different levels of risk, about making trade-offs. And are too pigheaded to learn. "virulently anti-science and anti-intellectual", indeed.
These complaints are misdirected. Go tell Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization @GovCanHealth-- that their concerns about the Moderna vax-- are statistically insignificant, clueless, pigheaded, virulently anti-science and anti-intellectual.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

Love it when a potential employer warns me off early. Mutual sanity check call with the in house recruiter went well. "Next step? Please fill out this online application and we will get the ball rolling for some interviews next week."

Gender was a dropdown: agender, bigender, cisgender female, cisgender male, genderfluid, genderqueer, my identity is not listed, nonbinary, nonconfirming <sp>, transgender

The dogs started barking. Danger Zone started playing. My first square in Minesweeper was an 8. Yep, time to back away slowly.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote:
Steersman wrote: <snip>

forest fire 1km from my house
the merry creek fire!
i was cut off from civilization for 3 days
they closed the highways and shut the power in 40C weather i nearly fucking died
Well, well, well. :) You must be seeing a bunch of extra traffic along Highway 3, what with the Coquihalla and the Canyon route closed until further notice.

My brother and sister-in-law lived in Creston for a couple of years; vistited them - and my mother who was living with them then - a couple of times. Right across from the Columbia brewery: "Brewed right. In the Kooteneys." :)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
another lurker wrote: it's been 8+ fucking years and no one here was able to weaponize Steerz autism
I ain't done trying...
Hadn't realized that you'd started ... ;)
Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: without any reference to the incidence; no indication at all that either of you understood that the chance of that was a hundred to a thousand times less likely than dying or being hospitalized from covid.

These complaints are misdirected. Go tell Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization @GovCanHealth-- that their concerns about the Moderna vax-- are statistically insignificant, clueless, pigheaded, virulently anti-science and anti-intellectual.
Not the point at all. You might take a closer look at what I'd quoted from them.