Real life run-ins with SJWs

Double wank and shit chips
Stretchycheese

Real life run-ins with SJWs

Post by Stretchycheese »

Has anyone here had any run-ins with SJWs in meat space?

For the first time, I did last month. I'm basically an organizer for a social group and we decided to occasionally have "Ladys' Night Out" or "Guys' Night Out" sort of events. One of the membership, whom I've known for a while, started making a fuss about it, saying that such events are exclusionary to those of transgender identities, so he opposed them out of principle. I told him he's welcome to his views, but we just didn't see it that way.

Eventually he called me "completely evil", that I oppose human rights, and left an implied threat "just you wait!" I expelled him from the group and haven't heard from him since. I should note that I heard he had issues with other groups and he might have some form of autism or borderline personality disorder.

Anyway, from watching how SJWs operate over the past 5 years, I took the following approach: (1) I did not apologize or say sorry at any point -- that would only serve to validate his views and encourage him further; (2) I took a firm stance and did not offer to compromise -- this prevented him from getting SJW politics into the door and power to control the group in some way; (3) I took a polite and professional tone -- at no point was I vitriolic because it would only feed the SJW victim complex/narrative and perhaps escalate the situation.

So that issue was resolved and the rest of the leadership supported my decision. I'm not worried about his implied threat because he doesn't have much influence. Perhaps the outcome could have been worse for me, depending on the situation.

rayshul

Re: Real life run-ins with SJWs

Post by rayshul »

That did work out well.

I have regular encounters with them but simply ignore it as best I can.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

John D posted in the endless thread a couple of months ago about a blowup in a humanist group he was in - his local Sunday Assembly or something like it - which ended up in him leaving the group.

ffs

Post by ffs »

Wait, how would it be exclusionary? wouldnt a transgender person simply pick the 'night' for the gender they felt most comfortable with?