Greetings, Slyme Pit

Double wank and shit chips
Sargon of Akkad

Greetings, Slyme Pit

Post by Sargon of Akkad »

Hello all,

I'm interested in doing a livestream with some of the veteran members of the Slyme Pit. I'd like to know how and why Slyme Pit exists and what happened leading up to it in the atheist community.

I think it'd be useful for people outside of the community to know what happened, so if you guys could agree on some kind of delegation that I can host on my channel to interview, in a week or so's time, that would be fantastic.

Let me know what you think or whether this invitation is terribly unwelcome, or anything like that.

Cheers

Sargon

Kirbmarc

Re: Greetings, Slyme Pit

Post by Kirbmarc »

Welcome.

Following a long-standing 'Pit tradition, I offer you a handy basket of lynx:

http://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Com ... s_full.jpg
I'm interested in doing a livestream with some of the veteran members of the Slyme Pit. I'd like to know how and why Slyme Pit exists and what happened leading up to it in the atheist community.

I think it'd be useful for people outside of the community to know what happened, so if you guys could agree on some kind of delegation that I can host on my channel to interview, in a week or so's time, that would be fantastic.
I can only speak for myself (as anyone here can) and I can't really define myself a "veteran member" of the community, since I joined it only two years ago, but I'd be glad if more people knew the truth about the nature of the "atheism rift" between SJW atheists and the rest of the "movement".

I recommend that you contact some of the real veterans of the forum, especially the admin (Lsuoma) the moderators (John Greg, Gumby and Skep Tickle) ERV (whose blog was the origin of the SlymePit), Brive1987 (who has a complete, coherent archive about the SJWs in the atheism, especially FreeThoughtBlogs), Aneris (one of the best thinkers on the forum, and incredibly knowledgeable about the philosophical basis of the SJWs), Matt Cavanaugh, Dick Strawkins, AndrewV69, Tribble, Tigzy, Ape+Lust and Jan Steen (the resident graphic artists and satirists), Scented Nectar, Really?, Guestus Aurelius and Service Dog.

Plus many others that I have forgot and for which I apologize.

Also, I won't be coy. I'd love to be part of the podcast. There are many (including, but not only, those that I have cited above) who have been part of the community for a longer time than me and have better insight on the subject matter, though, so if they're willing and available they have the precedence over me.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Thank you, Kirbmarc. But please Sargon, strike me from the list. If dead air is your thing, I'm your guy. I'm very low key.

One name that shouldn't be missed is Franc Hoggle. He twigged to the regressive left / social justice phenomenon before most people had noticed it. His years of unpacking and documenting the movement has made a valuable knowledge base for the Pit. I've heard him on podcasts and he's a pretty good interview.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

My list would include ERV, Kirbmarc, Dick Strawkins, Lsuoma, and Aneris. There are many long-timers here who all have their own stories but if you just need a few people who can speak intelligently about the how's and why's of the Pit and the atheist "schism", imo these would be the best people to have on a podcast.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

And Phil, because having a French accent will add some je ne sais quoi.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

Hey Sargon, big fan, blah blah blah. (Actually, no really. This Week In Stupid is a must watch for me)

I think a livestream is a good idea. We certainly have a...unique point of view having gone through a lot of the shit that you see before most other people were even aware of it. You'll find some good peeps for it. (I personally wouldn't mind doing it, as long as I'm available if need be)

I'll give you a tip 'tho. Pretty much most the activity on the form is on the "Endless Thread". It's just one big thread of cacophony where the topic keeps shifting. That's where you should check out.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

How many folks are you looking for?
I know some of your GG streams had quite a few people coming in and out throughout.

For anyone unfamiliar Sargons Streams are a pretty good round table Of folks, a good BS session.

His stream with Mykers is on you tube of you want a sample with a familiar voice.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I recommend Steersman.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Tigzy wrote:I recommend Steersman.
NecV20 and if you're looking for illustrative Gifs Mykeru.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Sargon, your videos are very entertaining, and welcome to the Pit!

I'm looking forward to the Pit livestream. Personally, I always chicken out of joining live internet video recordings, but I'm really going to enjoy watching it.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

I you want to view the main conversation head to the bottom of the latest topic on 'The Periodic Table of Swearing'
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=472&p=334670#p334670
It's one continuous thread.
Be prepared to refresh.
Scroll past Steersman posts, it's just easier. On no account engage!
Welcome and fuck off.
(Just our way of creating a friendly and welcoming environment in the atheist and skeptic community.)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

No. Fuck off.

Why have no one told him to fuck off yet?

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

Though it's a live stream, I encourage you and the pit to find some representative samples of Pit shoops from their gallery.
Some may be a bit too inside baseball, but all are well really wonderful and wonderful examples of political cartooning.
Well, okay, some are just mean, spiteful and hilarious.

There are some excellent videos, Ken Burns style, discussing the Atheist, Atheist+ Social Justice Warrior schism. Not to be missed.

Don't forget to tour the gallery and visit the little shop on your way out.

Guestus Aurelius

Post by Guestus Aurelius »

I recommend Godfrey Elfwick.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Sargon of Akkad wrote:Hello all,

Let me know what you think or whether this invitation is terribly unwelcome, or anything like that.

Cheers

Sargon
Glad to have you, get some lynx, fuck off, etc...

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Welcome, fuck off, etc.

I'm going to ruin the running joke, echo jimthepleb, and point out that everything that matters in the Pit goes on in the Periodic Table of Swearing. Go poke your nose in there. Most of us don't even check the other forums in here unless we get linked to them inside the undead thread.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:I recommend Steersman.
Thanks for what is, no doubt, an entirely up-and-up recommendation. But maybe I would get a chance to elaborate on my "Nigger-Cunt-Hypothesis", discussed in some detail elsewhere in the Pit? ;-)

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Cheers

Sargon
1) Might as well say it now: "No one speaks for the Pit". :) Anyone who comes on is speaking for themselves (with ERV & Lsuoma able to speak to/about its actual hosting, move, & admin).

2) Pitters will likely be leery of being potentially ID'd, doxxed, etc. Noone has to appear on video, of course, but even just voice can be recognizable. For a visual, you could scroll through the thread of Pit shoops and Brive's graphics.

3) Would need a time that could allow participation from interested Pitters in Europe, The Americas, Australasia and Hong Kong. (And maybe other places around the world, apologies if I overlooked anyone.)

4) Let's just assume Steersman was joking and leave it at that. Do not have him on to discuss any of his pet topics. Thank you.

Keating

Post by Keating »

There are probably more lurkers here than anything. Many of us were active readers and some even participants of the sceptic and atheist scene before elevatorgate. I think Australia is over-represented on the Pit, which may say something about Australians.

It's probably worth reviewing some of the original ERV posts that started the undead thread.

It's terribly unlikely that we'll reach a consensus in any manner that is simple for you. We certainly aren't likely to organise ourselves any more than this thread. So, I think you have a few options:
1. PM a few people whose names have been suggested, with a suggested call in time, and see an agreement can be reached.
2. Post a public call in address and a time when you'll be taking calls, and hope for the best.
3. Get frustrated that no one is organised, or seems to care.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Oh yeah, you may also want to talk to the Justicar. He was prominent in the early ERV threads, but wasn't a fan of the Slymepit proposal, and so became the first Slymepit schism. (Not the largest schism, that honour went to whether hammers or screwdrivers should be used against George Zimmerman.)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating wrote:Oh yeah, you may also want to talk to the Justicar. He was prominent in the early ERV threads, but wasn't a fan of the Slymepit proposal, and so became the first Slymepit schism. (Not the largest schism, that honour went to whether hammers or screwdrivers should be used against George Zimmerman.)
Actually, Justicar never came to the Pit, and actually lied about it almost as soon as it was dug (or he made assertions about the Pit without ever having been here to check up on it).

The Pit started around the time of Cuntkickgate, and he claimed that the tagline of the Pit was "Better than a kick in the cunt" at that stage, whereas it was actually "Better than a **** in the ****". He seemed to be cozying up to Oafie at that time, too.

He also went COMPLETELY Tonto with franc's suggestion that he (franc) might slip a piece of paper into Peezy's pocket at a con.

Also, the Pit has done pretty much all the heavy lifting bringing these clowns the ridicule they deserve after spinning off from ERV.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Also, Justi actually friendly-upped to, of all people, Zvan, and tried to actually ally with her. But, so far as I recall, she was having none of it.

He went ballistic batshit lunatic crazy over the concept of gently, surreptitiously depositing so much as a wee piece of paper into PZ's shirt pocket was first degree assault! And he would know 'cause he was a cop oncet 'pon a time!!! Nutter.

Mind you, his laughing video is pretty damned funny and catching. It's impossible to watch without laughing along with it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keating

Post by Keating »

Not disagreeing on any particular point. I should have been more clear that his schism was pre the actual pit being formed. I only meant that he was a player in the "how and why" the Pit was formed.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

Damn it, haven't we got enough fat neck beards here already? Die your hair bright yellow, call yourself fabulous and you're sorted.

Sargon of Akkad

Skep tickle wrote:

Cheers

Sargon
1) Might as well say it now: "No one speaks for the Pit". :) Anyone who comes on is speaking for themselves (with ERV & Lsuoma able to speak to/about its actual hosting, move, & admin).
I guessed that would be the general attitude, which is why I asked for a "delegation" of sorts. Could you guys choose some mainstream Pit voices that would be willing to be interviewed?

Skep tickle wrote:2) Pitters will likely be leery of being potentially ID'd, doxxed, etc. Noone has to appear on video, of course, but even just voice can be recognizable. For a visual, you could scroll through the thread of Pit shoops and Brive's graphics.
Well, voice changing software is available. I am happy to be ignorant of any personal information from whoever I interview.
Skep tickle wrote:3) Would need a time that could allow participation from interested Pitters in Europe, The Americas, Australasia and Hong Kong. (And maybe other places around the world, apologies if I overlooked anyone.)
It'll be afternoon/evening GMT. You guys can tailor your choices to suit that I would imagine.
Skep tickle wrote:4) Let's just assume Steersman was joking and leave it at that. Do not have him on to discuss any of his pet topics. Thank you.
I'll let you guys choose. If someone could start a thread with a poll or something so you can choose who to send that would be great. I don't know enough about the community to make the decisions.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sargon of Akkad wrote:
Skep tickle wrote: 1) Might as well say it now: "No one speaks for the Pit". :) Anyone who comes on is speaking for themselves (with ERV & Lsuoma able to speak to/about its actual hosting, move, & admin).
I guessed that would be the general attitude, which is why I asked for a "delegation" of sorts. Could you guys choose some mainstream Pit voices that would be willing to be interviewed?

Skep tickle wrote:2) Pitters will likely be leery of being potentially ID'd, doxxed, etc. Noone has to appear on video, of course, but even just voice can be recognizable. For a visual, you could scroll through the thread of Pit shoops and Brive's graphics.
Well, voice changing software is available. I am happy to be ignorant of any personal information from whoever I interview.
Skep tickle wrote:3) Would need a time that could allow participation from interested Pitters in Europe, The Americas, Australasia and Hong Kong. (And maybe other places around the world, apologies if I overlooked anyone.)
It'll be afternoon/evening GMT. You guys can tailor your choices to suit that I would imagine.
Skep tickle wrote:4) Let's just assume Steersman was joking and leave it at that. Do not have him on to discuss any of his pet topics. Thank you.
I'll let you guys choose. If someone could start a thread with a poll or something so you can choose who to send that would be great. I don't know enough about the community to make the decisions.
I don't mind speaking in my real voice. I work full time, so weekend would be best.

How many folks are you looking for?

How long are you thinking for the broadcast?

Do you allow chicks on your productions?

Sargon of Akkad

Lsuoma wrote: I don't mind speaking in my real voice. I work full time, so weekend would be best.
Weekend is doable.
Lsuoma wrote:How many folks are you looking for?
2-3, something small but that can include a variety of opinions.
Lsuoma wrote:How long are you thinking for the broadcast?
2 hours or so.

Do you allow chicks on your productions?[/quote]

Only if they admit to their internalised misogyny. :cdc:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If you're looking at three tops, it likely won't give a good picture of the depth of knowledge and diversity of views we have here. Could it be stretched to five?

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Would Saturday Feb 6 at 9PM UTC/GMT work as start time for host & any interested participants?

That'd be:
10PM Saturday in Central European Time Zone, including Germany & Switzerland
1PM Saturday in PST, British Columbia & West coast of US ("lower 48", that is)
10AM Sunday in NZDT
8AM Sunday in Sydney & Melbourne
7AM Sunday in Brisbane, apparently

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Skep tickle wrote:Would Saturday Feb 6 at 9PM UTC/GMT work as start time for host & any interested participants?

That'd be:
10AM Sunday in NZDT
Ayup!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Skep tickle wrote:Would Saturday Feb 6 at 9PM UTC/GMT work as start time for host & any interested participants?

That'd be:
10AM Sunday in NZDT
It works fine for me.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

Can't wait. This will be very interesting

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I'm not sure I can make it - and I have an allergic reaction to getting doxxed!
However, can I make a suggestion?
Do the videocast in a way that allows for ongoing contributions from those following the live show on the slymepit - perhaps someone can read out a few of the pertinent comments as the hangout progresses.
Second, get a series of posts ready to cover the important points so that we keep the facts correct - for example Myers own history involving a sexual allegation against him by a student, his promotion of hentai rape porn, misogynistic posts and language over the years (before he became a lifelong feminist) that video of him pissing on the Koran etc.
Also, how about a collection of the best slymepit shoops that can be shown during the show?

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

That'd be:
10AM Sunday in NZDT

Couldn't help but notice that you left out the center of the universe.

Those of us who live in the seat of civilization much like other Americans, we can't be bothered learning other languages(speaking louder and slower works fine thanks) those other forms of measurement( corporate conspiracy to make me purchase two entire sets of tools instead of just one) we can't be expected to look up or calculate those quaint time zones. I'll enact the labor, ...don't expect this to be a habit.

That would be 4 pm, New York time

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Cutting down the pit to just 3-5 voices. Tough bid. We can get the information in there, but not sure about providing the full flavor & diversity of people & thought.

In any case, is the current tally of votes (including mine below).

[Willing & Able]
Lsuoma x4 (admin)
Kirbmarc x2

[Unknown x3 nomination]
ERV (whose blog was the origin of the SlymePit) x3
Aneris x3 (one of the best thinkers on the forum, and incredibly knowledgeable about the philosophical basis of the SJWs)

[Unkown x2 nomination]
Skep Tickle x2 (moderator)
Brive1987 x2 (who has a complete, coherent archive about the SJWs in the atheism, especially FreeThoughtBlogs)

[Uknown x1 nomination]
John Greg (moderator)
Gumby (moderator)
Matt Cavanaugh
AndrewV69
Tribble
Tigzy
Jan Steen (the resident graphic artists and satirists)
Scented Nectar
Really?
Guestus Aurelius
Service Dog
Franc Hoggle (Good interview)
Phil
Godfrey Elfwick

[Not Willing]
Dick Strawkins x2
Ape+Lust (the resident graphic artists and satirists)

[Not Serious Recomendations]
Steersman
NecV20

My votes (already included above): Lsuoma, Skep Tickle, Brive1987 (I don't always agree with him, but he has the historical archives down to a T), Aneris. I would love Franc Hoggle or Godfrey Elfwick but they have been infrequent recently, so I don't know if they would catch this request.

Of course going purely on a popularity vote basis, might tend to leave us a little lopsided on personality & information. It may be best for Lsuoma to look over the top picks and make an executive decision to spread out the type of people represented. No matter what the case, we have many good candidates.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I'm not sure I can make it - and I have an allergic reaction to getting doxxed!
However, can I make a suggestion?
Do the videocast in a way that allows for ongoing contributions from those following the live show on the slymepit - perhaps someone can read out a few of the pertinent comments as the hangout progresses.
Second, get a series of posts ready to cover the important points so that we keep the facts correct - for example Myers own history involving a sexual allegation against him by a student, his promotion of hentai rape porn, misogynistic posts and language over the years (before he became a lifelong feminist) that video of him pissing on the Koran etc.
Also, how about a collection of the best slymepit shoops that can be shown during the show?
Sargon is pretty good at his interviews. He has been covering the same types of topics having to do with the wider world. We just happen to have been a tad bit more specific.

I say one of the best game plans is to start off with Sargons initial interview and questions. If by any rare chance, the conversation goes a bit dry, bring up this 'shoop thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10

It showcases much of the best 'pit artwork. People love visuals & humor. And shoops have been done on most of the major issues covered by the pit. It should be a natural conversation starter.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

deLurch wrote:[Uknown x1 nomination]
John Greg (moderator)
Gumby (moderator)
Matt Cavanaugh
AndrewV69
Tribble
Tigzy
Scented Nectar
Really?
Guestus Aurelius
Service Dog
Phil
Godfrey Elfwick
I'm not able to. I chicken out of live videos every time guaranteed.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

I'd have Skeptickle high on the list. She's based M.D.

jimthepleb

Post by jimthepleb »

Oh and Rayshul. I bet she'd be lulzy and she represents a more (how do I say this?) assertive pitizen. She'd also have an insight into the SF A/S Venn diagram.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Without Aneris I'm not likely to tune in. And what do you mean steers isn't a serious suggestion? We need at least 45 minutes dedicated to outlining the nigger cunt hypothesis. Our ability to withstand such things without calling for a ban is one of our defining traits

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I don't have the technology to do it.

And I'm shy.

But I certainly hope it works out. There are so many endless lies told about the Pit, especially from the various FTB blog hosts and commentariat, that setting the record at least somewhat straight (I know, I know, cishet shitlord ableist!) would be nice.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Couldn't you just have Steersman on for, say, 10 mins? That way we - okay, I - could see if he talks anything like he writes. I just wanna know, okay?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Current Tally

[Willing & Able]
Lsuoma x4 (admin)
Kirbmarc x2

[Unknown x4 nomination]
Aneris x4 (one of the best thinkers on the forum, and incredibly knowledgeable about the philosophical basis of the SJWs)

[Unknown x3 nomination]
ERV (whose blog was the origin of the SlymePit) x3
Skep Tickle x3 (moderator)

[Unkown x2 nomination]
Brive1987 x2 (who has a complete, coherent archive about the SJWs in the atheism, especially FreeThoughtBlogs)

[Uknown x1 nomination]
Gumby (moderator)
Matt Cavanaugh
AndrewV69
Tribble
Tigzy
Really?
Guestus Aurelius
Service Dog
Phil
Godfrey Elfwick
Rayshul

[Not Willing]
Dick Strawkins x2
Ape+Lust (the resident graphic artists and satirists)
Scented Nectar
John Greg (moderator)

[Not Serious Recomendations]
Steersman x4
NecV20

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

jimthepleb wrote:Oh and Rayshul. I bet she'd be lulzy and she represents a more (how do I say this?) assertive pitizen. She'd also have an insight into the SF A/S Venn diagram.
Rayshul would be a good pick too. I like the cut of her jibe.

We may have to figure out a way to start cronenberging people together.
http://i.imgur.com/frX7VDf.png

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Good, good, we have a few women's names put forward.
Do we have anyone to represent trans and PoC?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

VickyCaramel wrote:Good, good, we have a few women's names put forward.
No trans that I know of. As for as PoC goes, I would hate to single people out just because of their skin color.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Probably too late, but I'd like to see Matt as well. It's really a wealth of choices, and a shame to limit it. Also, good to see you back, VickyCaramel.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Skin color is not what makes them awesome.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Probably too late, but I'd like to see Matt as well. It's really a wealth of choices, and a shame to limit it. Also, good to see you back, VickyCaramel.
Not too late. We have until the weekend to figure this out. Too many good candidates, but I suspect who is willing and available will be a larger deciding factor.

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

My vote goes to Brive1987 and to the artist formerly known as Godfrey Elfwick

Brive for his unparalleled knowledge of the history of the Atheist/Skeptic SJW invasion, and Godfrey for his well established on-air radio presence.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

deLurch wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:Good, good, we have a few women's names put forward.
No trans that I know of. As for as PoC goes, I would hate to single people out just because of their skin color.
The bits of me that are exposed to the sun are sort of light honey brown at the moment (unlike my hairy white arse), but I'm not quite sure what that qualifies me for.

Also totally irrelevant, but didn't Satan indicate that they were trans.

So I'm afraid that we'll all need to stump up since no ONE speaks for the Pit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I'll do it.

I used to provide a weekly segment for a political blogtalk radio show, and have experience with business presentations. Extemporaneous is not a problem.

Plus, I have a very sexy voice.

NB: I agree we should have some women voices included, as they are an important part of the Pit community, and belies the slander of misogyny. I currently identify as a bay mare on weekends, but as I was AMAB, I don't think that counts.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote:Also totally irrelevant, but didn't Satan indicate that they were trans.
I think Satan is trans*Nephilim.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Not that the list needs to be longer, but Spike13 indicated availability & interest above, and I'd like to also add Karmakin as another person who adds nice insights.

I appreciate the nominations (I think) and anticipate being available at the time that's being discussed. Am mulling over personal pros and cons of participating.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jimthepleb wrote:Oh and Rayshul. I bet she'd be lulzy and she represents a more (how do I say this?) assertive pitizen. She'd also have an insight into the SF A/S Venn diagram.
Rayshul's a riot.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Skep, I think I understand your personal pros and cons, well, at least some of them. Nonetheless, I think you would a wonderful addition. You're level headed, intelligent, non-bombastic, sensible, honest, and accurate.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Brive1987 wrote:On SGU Novella (very) briefly alluded to NECSS-gate.

He pointed listeners to his blog - no doubt aware that podcasts are forever and the potential for a SGU toxic legacy was high.

I loved his framing:

..... and unfortunately the NECSS did decide to rescind our invitation to Richard Dawkins ... it is unfortunately turning into quite the controversy ...
No mention of hate speech, no reference to videos or Islam or feminism, no discussion.
Posterity gets the sanitised version.
And had his original announcement been more like that instead of acting like he was some scolding Dawkins like a dowdy schoolmarm, the backlash would not have been as bad. Many people would still be pissed off. But the way he initially did it purely upped the ante on his end. I don't know what the hell he was thinking.

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I have a suggestion: use the strengths of the livestream audio/video format to our advantage.

Stream a Clownfall video, dip in to an old Mykeru video, play a bit of the 'Sober Up Rebecca Watson' song. During the inevitable dead time as the stream begins-- Use Phil's bombastic music as a proper intro theme music/ slymepit anthem.

Scroll thru the page of Pharyngulanhas comics live onscreen. As well as the Pharwrongula wiki.

When any topic comes up-- put the pit on the livestream screen & use the search function to fill the screen with results-- about 'thinking of women as toilets' or 'semen fetishist' or monopod-guy or fake-jewelery-- or whatever.

Basically, I'm saying, might-as-well fill the viewer's screen with something-interesting, rather than only talking heads, or disembodied voices with static avatars.