Depressed admin and suicidal members.

Double wank and shit chips
Col. Tigh

Depressed admin and suicidal members.

Post by Col. Tigh »

Long time lurker. First post that will go down like a ton of shit bricks but it needs to be said. I'm am posting outside of the main thread so as to not derail.

An admin who is suffering from depression and deleting the forum on a whim then restoring it and making up a story about being hacked.

Two regular posters (Comhcinc and John) bleating about their personal problems.

This place isn't just a parody of the drama at FtB; it's a mirror.

Can we have a seperate forum for posters to whine about their lives? And perhaps share the admin responsibilities so that we are not at the mercy of someone's mood.

Kirbmarc

Re: Depressed admin and suicidal members.

Post by Kirbmarc »

Col. Tigh wrote:Long time lurker. First post that will go down like a ton of shit bricks but it needs to be said. I'm am posting outside of the main thread so as to not derail.

An admin who is suffering from depression and deleting the forum on a whim then restoring it and making up a story about being hacked.

Can we have a separate forum for posters to whine about their lives? And perhaps share the admin responsibilities so that we are not at the mercy of someone's mood.
I'm afraid that I don't think that your requests of a separate forum, or of a shared admin position, will have much success. If you don't like to read those posts, you're free to use other ways to avoid reading them, like skim them, or put the people who post them on ignore.

You're also free to start your own message board where people will only be at the mercy of your own mood.

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Col. Tigh wrote:Long time lurker. First post that will go down like a ton of shit bricks but it needs to be said. I'm am posting outside of the main thread so as to not derail.

Can we have a seperate forum for posters to whine about their lives? And perhaps share the admin responsibilities so that we are not at the mercy of someone's mood.

Your compassion is touching.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Well, Col. Tigh, you are certainly free to have and state your opinions; this is the Pit.

But, perhaps a little less ad hominem over some serious personal crises would be warranted.

As I stated elsewhere, it was quite difficult for me to bring this up, but I am in fundamental crisis, not just a mood. And I am in need of some form of help, and all other avenues have not proven viable. Speaking for myself, I think that referring to that as bleating and whining is rather rude.

But, as I say: this is the Pit, and you are allowed real free speech here.

So, carry on: Hear me bleat; hear me whine; I am Crisis!

Or should that be: I am GirlyMan!?

Col. Tigh

Post by Col. Tigh »

That's fair enough.

However I don't think an internet forum dealing with combating SJW's is the best place for people to be discussing problems in their personal lives. (Or, for that matter, any other forum that's purpose isn't specifically for helping people who are depressed or suicidal).

I think you need help; but is this really the appropriate place to be looking? Failing any friends or family around I'm sure there are agencies in your country setup to help and provide advice.

When I see posts like this I can't help but think what are these people doing? It's reminds of the the behaviour of our opponents i.e. attention seeking, drama, a bit narcissistic and just rude.

Couch

Post by Couch »

Col. Tigh wrote:That's fair enough.

However I don't think an internet forum dealing with combating SJW's is the best place for people to be discussing problems in their personal lives. (Or, for that matter, any other forum that's purpose isn't specifically for helping people who are depressed or suicidal).

I think you need help; but is this really the appropriate place to be looking? Failing any friends or family around I'm sure there are agencies in your country setup to help and provide advice.

When I see posts like this I can't help but think what are these people doing? It's reminds of the the behaviour of our opponents i.e. attention seeking, drama, a bit narcissistic and just rude.
Cool. So how would you rate the Pit? Like, overall.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Col. Tigh said:
For the most part I agree, with some caveats:

This BBS isn't really exclusively about anything, except ridiculing what this disparate group of people think worth ridiculing, which is usually SJW stuff. But it, the BBS, also includes thousands of posts about personal stuff, including favourite recipes, marriage/relationship breakups, favourite movies, money troubles, favourite books, and so on and so forth.
No, it is not the most appropriate place, but all other avenues I've looked to for support and/or help, including family, other friends, and several government agencies, have been dead-ends with no resources available, and in the cases of government agencies, direct, specific statements of "We cannot help you; you are ineligible".
Well, as I said, more or less, I feel that way to some degree too, which is why, as I stated a number of times, I was feeling embarrassed, shamed, and humiliated by doing so.

In the end, Col., this place represents my very last resource.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Community, n. "A feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals" - or even just spending time together shooting the breeze.

If not :romance-grouphug: at least :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Those that want to weigh in with support, can. Those that don't, don't have to. And those who want to start a thread like this can do that, too.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Yes, indeed.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hey, Tigh -- how's the wife?
thrace.jpg
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Now frak off.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:Hey, Tigh -- how's the wife?
thrace.jpg
Now frak off.
Was this series written by De Vere?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Uhhmmm, we are broken, but good. Yeah still good. Or was that broke? Can't remember. Still good though.