I Commented on Cristina Rad's Blog

A place to discuss the foibles of our favourite bloggers
John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I Commented on Cristina Rad's Blog

Post by John Greg »

I posted the following comment to Cristna Rad's latest blog post. (Isuspect it will not last long):

Cristina, do you think it might be ironic at best, perverse at worst, to have a panel discussion on so-called trolls and Internet bullies, when on that panel are two proven Internet bullies and cyberstalkers (Greg Laden and Stephanie Zvan – http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondb ... -guys-win/ and http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... beginning/), and a woman whose primary form of debate is to belittle, demean, insult, and dismiss anyone who holds opinions contrary to her own (Rebecca Watson).

Erm, I had to repost it but without the links. I forgot that Rad's blog puts you into permanent moderation if you post a link. One must keep that in mind when the Horde demand links for proofs.

spectator

Re: I Commented on Cristina Rad's Blog

Post by spectator »

A link would be nice.
Is she on fFTB's?
Her YouTube video on feminism should immediately disqualify her for blasphemy!

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

A link would be nice.
Quite right. Odd that I forgot to do that, yet included the link to the other one.

Here you go:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/cristinarad ... omment-736

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

John Greg wrote:
A link would be nice.
Quite right. Odd that I forgot to do that, yet included the link to the other one.

Here you go:

Wow. There are some, er, extreme, commenters there (including the rabid LSP). Ideologically blind that she can't see Zvan doing the exact same things the describes in her "cyberbullying" post? You did leave out where she comments on threads she has read elsewhere (like ERV) that mention her - one of the very things she describes as "cyberbullying", but I doubt that would have any effect. She will simply rationalize it away. Like arguing with presuppositionalists.

You did make a mistake bringing up Watson. You know that's one of their "triggers", and seeing her name with anything negative is automatic dismissal as a troll, misogynist, etc. It would be nice to just ignore her and hopefully watch her fade away after her fifteen minutes are done, but she's the kind of person who will keep making stunts and milking her publicity for all it's worth.

Post by Guest »

Badger3k wrote:
John Greg wrote:
A link would be nice.

Here you go:

Wow. There are some, er, extreme, commenters there (including the rabid LSP). Ideologically blind that she can't see Zvan doing the exact same things the describes in her "cyberbullying" post? You did leave out where she comments on threads she has read elsewhere (like ERV) that mention her - one of the very things she describes as "cyberbullying", but I doubt that would have any effect. She will simply rationalize it away. Like arguing with presuppositionalists.

You did make a mistake bringing up Watson. You know that's one of their "triggers", and seeing her name with anything negative is automatic dismissal as a troll, misogynist, etc. It would be nice to just ignore her and hopefully watch her fade away after her fifteen minutes are done, but she's the kind of person who will keep making stunts and milking her publicity for all it's worth.
OH, just kick her in the cunt and get it over with.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I know you think you are being clever, and have scored a point, but if you even knew the real history of that phrase, you would realize that as a matter of simple fact, no one here ever actually stated that in an intended to be real fashion. It was only once used in a fantastic and imaginary metaphorical fashion that also included a required fantasy sex change operation. And aside from Benson's completely irrational, delusional, and utterly dishonest hysterical rantings, that is the simple truth.

But, of course, you would probably like to avoid any semblance of reality that doesn't fit with your ignorance-based assumptions, right? Right.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That thread illustrates really nicely why for threaded discussions the format used most blogs tend to be less than optimal: once you get three or four nested comments, it becomes darned near unreadable - incredibly short lines and tall postings.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Guest wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
John Greg wrote:
A link would be nice.

Here you go:

Sorry, there's really only one person obsessed with that pastime, and she blogs at FftB. Franc brings it up, but really, Nanny McPhee uses it a lot more. Perhaps you meant to say "do vile things to her with a porcupine", but since this is trying to be porcupine-free, at least you followed that. Now, if only we can keep you from urinating on the carpets, we might have you housebroken. Now, if Watson physically attacked me, there are far better ways of disabling her than your suggestion, but since she hasn't done that, why would I wish her physical harm? That's the Baboon Way. The worst I can wish for her is to fall back into irrelevance. With her ego, she'd be in hell, going to cons, drinking herself into a stupor, saying "I coulda been a contender..." Far more satisfying than a physical assault, which is also illegal.

Post by Guest »

John Greg wrote:
I know you think you are being clever, and have scored a point, but if you even knew the real history of that phrase, you would realize that as a matter of simple fact, no one here ever actually stated that in an intended to be real fashion. It was only once used in a fantastic and imaginary metaphorical fashion that also included a required fantasy sex change operation. And aside from Benson's completely irrational, delusional, and utterly dishonest hysterical rantings, that is the simple truth.

But, of course, you would probably like to avoid any semblance of reality that doesn't fit with your ignorance-based assumptions, right? Right.
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize the idea of kicking women in the cunt had such a long and sophisticated history and served such a noble purpose...

Boy, you sure told me... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Yup. Guess I did.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

That thread illustrates really nicely why for threaded discussions the format used most blogs tend to be less than optimal
I know you mean well, but....

;)

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Wow, LeftSidePositive is a piece of work.

I was really enjoying the back and forth of the comments, then *POW*, she starts in with the profanity and name calling. Whew.

Unstable.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

LeftSidePositive is psychotic.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

I am guessing that each of the FfTB bloggers has a sockpuppet account for commenting on - eg: I know that Russel Glasser is "Kalim". Anyone know of any others? My guess, taking the vapidity (is that a word?) and the excessive abusive profanity of LSP that this may be OB (always giggle at that abbreviation for Ophelia seeing as "OB" is a brand name of a female sanitary product in Germany). Not sure if this has been discussed before, but is there a list of "who is who" as regards to some of the commenters that are actually FfTB bloggers themselves?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

SteveW68 wrote:I am guessing that each of the FfTB bloggers has a sockpuppet account for commenting on - eg: I know that Russel Glasser is "Kalim". Anyone know of any others? My guess, taking the vapidity (is that a word?) and the excessive abusive profanity of LSP that this may be OB (always giggle at that abbreviation for Ophelia seeing as "OB" is a brand name of a female sanitary product in Germany). Not sure if this has been discussed before, but is there a list of "who is who" as regards to some of the commenters that are actually FfTB bloggers themselves?
Well, Russell has gone by Kazim on his own blog for years, so I don't think that would be a sock puppet. Wouldn't put it past the rest, though.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

Ah, yes - Kazim - not Kalim. Oops...

Pretty convinced that LSP is either OB or Stefunny - just the tone of pretty much ALL of her responses on that thread is downright rude, oblique and completely non-condusive for any form of meaningful discussion.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Pretty convinced that LSP is either OB or Stefunny - just the tone of pretty much ALL of her responses on that thread is downright rude, oblique and completely non-condusive for any form of meaningful discussion.
I don't think so. For a variety of reasons. I used to do a lot of textual analysis -- yes, yes, I know, there are several groups of people who think textual analysis is bullshit, but the problem is they usually don't analyze their doubts.

Anyway, my main point is that the overarching form of rhetoric, the diction, the grammatical and sentence structure, the length, and typography (as in use of all caps, and so on), and a few other things simply do not reflect the style of either Benson or Stefunny. At all. Stefunny is nowhere near as literate or even as eloquent as is LSP. Stefunny is almost as illiterate and lazy a writer as Laden. As for Benson, her memory and grasp of reality is far weaker than is LSP's. Hahaha, I know that almost sounds like I am supporting or defending LSP, which I am surely not, but LSP despite her / his / they / thems / their / its / xe / zir / zits myopic fanaticism and reactionary zealoutry, is a far, far better writer than either Stefunny or Umbridge Benson.

No, I am convinced that LSP is a unique individual with a fairly deep-seated problem with anger and a vast inability to perceive that the world is not black and white. To my opinion the blogger that LSP most resembles is Natalie Screed. But Logorrhea-Screed would never post under another name for, basically, the same reason that neither Benson nor Black Zvan would: EGO.