Justin Griffith vs. Greg Laden: Part 2

A place to discuss the foibles of our favourite bloggers
John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Justin Griffith vs. Greg Laden: Part 2

Post by John Greg »

Looks like this could turn interesting. I cannot imagine Myers being anything other than raging in his little pond, frothing at the quacker like a mad platypus with rabies.

link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondb ... -guys-win/

I have the post screenshots, in case it gets killed, but not the comments.

Sister Chromatid

Re: Justin Griffith vs. Greg Laden: Part 2

Post by Sister Chromatid »

He's been subjected to so much for saying the thing you must never say at groupthink blogs: "I support Abbie Smith".

Of course other things can get you shunned to-- things like:

I think Paula Kirby has a point.
Justicar makes me laugh.
Hoggle isn't the bad guy you think he is.
I'm a fan of Dawkins.
Skepchicks are privileged if their big worry in life is harassment at conferences.
I question the veracity of some of the stuff Rebecca has said.
Dick and douchebag are gendered slurs.
Thunderfoot was right.

Parge

Post by Parge »

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

I posted this at Justin Griffiths blog:
Justin, yes, the Slyme Peopleâ„¢ have a bad reputation, though largely underserved. Nonetheless, for the most part, those of us who posted on your blog did so with support for you. And you have rather betrayed that support.

Yes, a couple of Slyme People treated you with no kid gloves, but none of us treated you with the hostility and anger that your associates and fellwo commenters from FfTB did.

I regret that you are somehow unable to see that.
I regret, and am somewhat surprised to say, it is in moderation. Given that Justin has frequently stated that he has no knowledge of how to do that, I can only assume that either Brayton or Myers have given him directions on not only how to put people in moderation, but who to do it to.

I can only hope that I am in error, and that he is only moderating for actual content rather than author.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

John Greg wrote:I posted this at Justin Griffiths blog:
Justin, yes, the Slyme Peopleâ„¢ have a bad reputation, though largely underserved. Nonetheless, for the most part, those of us who posted on your blog did so with support for you. And you have rather betrayed that support.

Yes, a couple of Slyme People treated you with no kid gloves, but none of us treated you with the hostility and anger that your associates and fellwo commenters from FfTB did.

I regret that you are somehow unable to see that.
I regret, and am somewhat surprised to say, it is in moderation. Given that Justin has frequently stated that he has no knowledge of how to do that, I can only assume that either Brayton or Myers have given him directions on not only how to put people in moderation, but who to do it to.

I can only hope that I am in error, and that he is only moderating for actual content rather than author.
To be fair, his last comment says he's going out for an hour, and all comments are in moderation until he gets back.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Parge wrote:Woah! Is this a new Julian?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondb ... ment-97099
Maybe he's not drinking - it's a bit hypocritical to say someone else is out of line for a threat when they are the one who tells you to stick a gun in your mouth. Of course, Justing did get down on his knees and fell ate PZ, so it's ok to show him a little false compassion. The carrot with the stick.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

It is really sad. If a threat were made like this to Greta, Stephanie, Ophelia, etc, I would expect to see a very harsh rebuke on FTB over many posts. In this case, the crickets seem to chirp. I understand that not everyone wants to weigh in and might be busy and all...but...

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

For the record, Justin Griffiths has allowed my comment, and a couple of other Slyme People's comments, to go through.

Grissiths has also allowed a comment from Greg Laden, a comment which, I guess Laden is unaware of it, but it makes Laden look even worse.

It is a fascinating phenomena to watch this as Laden really is being hoisted by his own petard, followed by going down in flames of his ignition.

I am really curious to see how Myers will react to this latest "betrayal" of his empire.

In a rather left-handed swipe, Griffiths congratulated Laden on uniting FfTB and us Slyme People in agreeing that Laden is vile.

As I say, fascinating stuff.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

John Greg wrote:In a rather left-handed swipe, Griffiths congratulated Laden on uniting FfTB and us Slyme People in agreeing that Laden is vile.
I think there are a number of high-ranking baboons who are still very fond of Laden, particulary Stefunny. I get the feeling all the FC5 are gutted that their chief henchman has to go, even after it was revealed he was a fucking nasty twat.

It still feels good to have seen his downfall, though. :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I get the feeling all the FC5 are gutted that their chief henchman has to go, even after it was revealed he was a fucking nasty twat.
It's always nice to have a fall guy, either in place to take the blame, or as someone to throw to the wolves...

But don't forget how politics works: some guy* gets caught sticking his cock in something or someone he shouldn't, resigns as a minister, and is back in office in a year or two...
*Of course, being non-sexist here it could just as well be some bird fucking a horse or a handsaw...
Last edited by Lsuoma on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding everything after "fall guy"

JAB

Post by JAB »

Hey Tristan... thanks for taking that PTSD comment onto that thread.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Laden was their enforcer, so their offensive capabilities have been muted to some extent.

Btw, I really have to say this. There is something really, seriously "off" about that dude.

franc

Post by franc »

EveryMan wrote:Laden was their enforcer, so their offensive capabilities have been muted to some extent.

Btw, I really have to say this. There is something really, seriously "off" about that dude.
Yes, In a Jeffrey Dahmer kind of way.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

franc wrote:
EveryMan wrote:Laden was their enforcer, so their offensive capabilities have been muted to some extent.

Greg Laden

http://events.skepchick.org/files/2011/ ... laden.jpeg

Jeffrey Dahmer

http://www.tornadohills.com/dahmer/renamed2/dahmer3.jpg

Maybe you were thinking of John Wayne Gacy or Albert Fish?

franc

Post by franc »

@Everyman - no, in a closet gay cannibal/necrophile kind of way. "He looked so normal" -- shocked trailer park neighbours.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I posted this at justin's, its in moderation:

Laden was absolutely out of line, what makes it worse is his "notpolology" and an attempt to muddy the waters as to what he actually said, relying on readers to take his reworked version of events instead of researching (something which a lot of bloggers do to present a version of reality that suits themselves, is to rely on the predictable laziness of so called skeptics).

Further to that is the Abhorrent apologists for Ladens violent threats, and those who choose not to condemn because he's (one of us). You people are without principle.

Laden needs to stops throwing up smoke, and rewriting history about this, maybe the claim that Justin has transcripts will be enough to finally make him realise his bullshit isn't going to fly. That fact that he's a speaker at skepchickcon, and wrote their anti harrasment policy is hilarious and speaks volumes.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

What an arsehole Greg Laden is. He's STILL engaging in "victim blaming".
http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyondb ... ment-97140

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Laden's post is bloody ridiculous. How the fuck did this guy ever get a gig/following as a "skeptic" blogger.

Lets take a look: when asked, when if ever Violent threats are ok
In some ways, never. But among colleagues where one has totally betrayed the other, it comes out sometimes. My enemies will condemn me for it forever, my friends will quietly support me. What will you do? Melt?.
In some ways, never..... Did i read that right? Here's za-zen translation. Whenever i decide it's fucking unacceptable, then it's fucking unacceptable, whenever i decide it's justifiable, then it is fucking righteous. Scum are going to use this forever against me, and that's your fault, My friends understand that god is on our side, what will you do you fucking worm.
Justin, you did not take an opposing stance or a neutral stance. After months of supporting you whenever you needed it, promoting your posts, etc etc., by all of those who were the daily targets of Abbie’s crew you went over there and 24 point STOOD WITH THEM.
Za-zen translation: you fucking traitor, we on ftb do whatever we got to do to protect the fucking team.
Justin, I am truly sorry that I used the phrase “I want to kick your ass” and all that. I really did not mean that as a threat of actual violence, but I can see how you would take it that way and I should not have done that.
Good old Greg is getting closer to what he actually said, but he's not quite there yet now is he, which again demonstrates how batshit crazy the FC6 are. His actual threat is included in the opening Post!
PS, don’t you dare ask, ever again, for an upvote or any other support from your colleagues. I’ll kick your fucking ass if you do. You will regret it. (Unless that apology is forthcoming.)
That is what you said Greg, not the bullshit you are failing miserably to spin to the average moron who follows you and your colleagues blogs. love who you implied a collective at work, "your colleagues" you said in the above quote, just who else were you representing with your violent threat Greg. And yes i'm addressing you directly now in the first person, cause i know you and crazyvan and blackhole benson and the rest of your looney tune cartoon cast are reading this.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Now that looks like a man who has a long, bloody and brutal history of serious ass-kicking behind him.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

You guys could have put in a warning in the title.

Justin Griffith vs. Greg Laden: Part 2 (WARNING - Contains disturbing images of Greg Laden, Adults Only)

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

:lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Now THOSE are the sort of posts I COULD censor!

StueNever

Post by StueNever »

He does look like a pissed off Dick Cheney and since Dick Cheney is already always pissed off, that's saying something.

Heintje

Post by Heintje »

CommanderTuvok wrote:...Adults Only
More like NSFL (Not Safe For Life, to use reddit's lingo). After witnessing his pathetic attempts to insinuate himself into the forefront of skeptic/atheist movement since the elevator nontroversy, I find the sight of his face deeply nauseating (it doesn't help that he gives off creepy ass vibe).

Strangely, I didn't find his e-mail to Justin threatening, just abusive. Am I the only one?
I feel that this is just another case of some internet bravado from a keyboard warrior, who knew full well that he was at safe distance from Justin.
If Justin physically confronts him, I bet he would immediately scurry away.

What I found so despicable was the psychological abuse he inflicted by trying to evoke in Justin the trauma of having caused other people's death.
Most people in the developed countries, I wager, would find the act of killing or causing death very repulsive, and traumatizing. They wouldn't kill even a chicken if they don't have to, let alone humans.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Heintje wrote:Strangely, I didn't find his e-mail to Justin threatening, just abusive. Am I the only one?
Probably not, but by the very low threshold the Baboons have with regards to "threats" :lol: , Laden's behaviour was indefensible. Well, unless you are Stefunny Black Svan. The fucking hypocrite even had a toast to him the night he was fired was FfTB. One set of standards for them, another set for everybody else!

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Probably not, but by the very low threshold the Baboons have with regards to "threats" :lol: , Laden's behaviour was indefensible. Well, unless you are Stefunny Black Svan. The fucking hypocrite even had a toast to him the night he was fired was FfTB. One set of standards for them, another set for everybody else!
They both strike me as sociopaths that are just using feminism to excuse their bad behavior.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

EveryMan wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Probably not, but by the very low threshold the Baboons have with regards to "threats" :lol: , Laden's behaviour was indefensible. Well, unless you are Stefunny Black Svan. The fucking hypocrite even had a toast to him the night he was fired was FfTB. One set of standards for them, another set for everybody else!
They both strike me as sociopaths that are just using feminism to excuse their bad behavior.
No shit. Finding a cause whose coattails you can ride, while also crying "I'm oppressed!" or "I'm helping the oppressed!" is like mother's milk to some people...

Just Being Silly

Post by Just Being Silly »

EveryMan wrote:
franc wrote:

Greg Laden

http://events.skepchick.org/files/2011/ ... laden.jpeg

Jeffrey Dahmer

http://www.tornadohills.com/dahmer/renamed2/dahmer3.jpg

Maybe you were thinking of John Wayne Gacy or Albert Fish?

Is it bad of me that when I saw that picture of Laden all I could think of is this for some reason?

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/t/t ... 420-75.jpg

Dracula in his earlier days? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :lol:

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Step up folks! Place your bets! How long before:

1. Justin is out of FTB?
2. Laden is back?

Laden is in full self-righteous cry (anything I do is okay when I do it) PeeZus is already attacking Justin, who is in turn showing a bit of banana-spine. Personally, I love it. The more of a spiteful, irrational, hypocritical little clique FTB becomes, the more sane and reasonable people will turn their backs on them.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

real horrorshow wrote:Step up folks! Place your bets! How long before:

1. Justin is out of FTB?
2. Laden is back?

Laden is in full self-righteous cry (anything I do is okay when I do it) PeeZus is already attacking Justin, who is in turn showing a bit of banana-spine. Personally, I love it. The more of a spiteful, irrational, hypocritical little clique FTB becomes, the more sane and reasonable people will turn their backs on them.
Justin is their social service - his Rock Beyond Belief is the only reason he is there. It's definitely not because of him. If he has to, say, retire from blogging for a bit due to "fatigue" or "personal problems", I'm sure there will be someone in the wings to take over blogging duties. Someone a bit more amenable to the whims of the great and powerful PZ.

real horrorshow

Heintje wrote:What I found so despicable was the psychological abuse he inflicted by trying to evoke in Justin the trauma of having caused other people's death.
Yes, isn't that what the Sisterhood call 'triggering' as' in trigger warning? An exceptionally squalid move, even by Laden's lowly standards.

It wearies me to state the obvious, but if someone - say from here - had tried that on one of the rape-and-harassment-scarred Skepchiks, it would have been torch and pitchfork time for them. But Laden does it to someone with Justin's past and it goes unprotested. Did Laden know about Justin's history - perhaps from someone else - or was it just a guess that a serving soldier might have seen some ugly stuff?

In any case, Justin's done himself no favours by spilling his guts. Apart from what those who oppose Rock Beyond Belief may make of it, he's kidding himself if he thanks candour and pleas for decency are going to help him with the baboons. He's shown weakness, it will be pitilessly exploited. I'm sure if I could stomach looking I'd find plenty of FTB commenters lining up to put the boot in.

Fanny and Freddy

Post by Fanny and Freddy »

I know this happened a long time ago, but I just discovered it! And I gotta say, I think Greg is a complete sociopath. The fact that he was able to get away with this without any real repercussions to his status is a statement to his ability to manipulate and evade. I didn't need much more than a thread or two on his blog to get this impression, but then I did some research and holy fucking shit!

The reason why I am stirring this up is because
1) I want to. I fucking hate that the people in these blogging 'communities' or gangs if you want to be more accurate, CONSTANTLY defend themselves by beating their critics to the punch. For example, to deflect the fact that Greg is 'victim blaming' Justin, he casts himself as a victim.

And you can see a similar tactic in the community's 'embrace' of, I'd say more like immersion in, feminism.
From another site's comments (if you don't mind me quoting):
--
IRoll
Tue 2 Oct 2012 at 12:22 pm · Reply

@karlaporter:disqus Can you please distinguish for us “aggressive criticism” vs. threatening behavior? For me, picking apart an argument qualifies as the former. Posting my home address and a picture of my dwelling on a website dedicated to harassing women? I, and I think most women, are going to see that as an invitation to threaten my personal safety.

Greg Laden
Tue 2 Oct 2012 at 2:00 pm · Reply

Wow, he did that? And we’re having this discussion? Holy crap. I’m sorry that happened to you, Karla. Does this guy have a 4chan link as well?
--

Knowing what he is like, is that not some of the most ingenious bullshit you've ever seen? I can think of a few animals that use this strategy, and it looks something like this http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/AB/AB1305A ... nemone.jpg

2) Did you miss the biggest threat in that email?
"If you do make that apology it better be from laying face down in the mud."
Are you not realizing what he is saying?

real horrorshow

Fanny and Freddy wrote: And you can see a similar tactic in the community's 'embrace' of, I'd say more like immersion in, feminism.
From another site's comments (if you don't mind me quoting):
Nah, we like links and quotes here.
--
IRoll
Tue 2 Oct 2012 at 12:22 pm · Reply

@karlaporter:disqus Can you please distinguish for us “aggressive criticism” vs. threatening behavior? For me, picking apart an argument qualifies as the former. Posting my home address and a picture of my dwelling on a website dedicated to harassing women? I, and I think most women, are going to see that as an invitation to threaten my personal safety.

Greg Laden
Tue 2 Oct 2012 at 2:00 pm · Reply

Wow, he did that? And we’re having this discussion? Holy crap. I’m sorry that happened to you, Karla. Does this guy have a 4chan link as well?
--

Knowing what he is like, is that not some of the most ingenious bullshit you've ever seen? I can think of a few animals that use this strategy, and it looks something like this
You're looking at a messy bit in a long thread there. So far as I can see, although Laden refers to Karla, he is actually replying to IRoll. IRoll is not identified, but her accusation and Karla's response to it suggests that she is 'Surly' Amy Davis Roth. The presence of so many FTB bloggers in the same comment thread at once, makes me suspect that they are co-ordinating their efforts (the famous 'back channel' perhaps) and Laden has screwed up. It's no surprise to see him fumble a pass like this. Laden once threatened to ban someone from their own Facebook page!
2) Did you miss the biggest threat in that email?
"If you do make that apology it better be from laying face down in the mud."
Are you not realizing what he is saying?
Oh no, that did not go unremarked at the time. The interpretations offered were that at least he was ordering Justin to prostrate himself in the dirt, to beg forgiveness. Or, more strongly, that he was threatening Justin with a beating. Not that Laden could actually make good on such a threat of course, but it's very ugly all the same. Greg Laden is a deeply repellent specimen as many people have concluded.

Feel free to drop in on The Undead Thread that's where most of the action is.