8%
should insert a decaying porcupine into a bodily oraface
6%

Total votes: 392

Darren

Your FtB profile

Post by Darren »

Hey, we can do polls, now!
Last edited by Darren on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tristan

Re: Your FtB profile

Post by Tristan »

A few of those. Also, I:

- am a gaslighter
- have contempt for my wife
- am a disgusting, slimy troll

welch

Post by welch »

I also beat my dog, according to Laden.

JAB

Post by JAB »

I'm not on the list, since I, under a different name, am a cupcake.

Optimus Primate

Post by Optimus Primate »

Add "LIAR!" to the list. For, you know, telling the truth.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Actually, the three things I was labelled themost at FfTB were misogyinist, sexist, and at LousyCanuck's joint, anti-feminist. Even when I stated my feminist/humanist ideals, which were basically the same as Jason's, because I did not agree with him 100% about the method of achieving those ideals, well, there you go, I was an anti-feminist.

Badaboom.

Oh, yah, as Optimus mentions, Liar. I'd forgotten about that one. In most cases, when I was called a liar, it was for stating an opinion. I was once even called a liar when my only statement was, "I don't think I completely agree with that."

"Liar!"

Double badaboom.

0verlord

Post by 0verlord »

I wonder why people throw around "anti-feminist" as if that's some kind of an insult. I embrace my inner anti-feminist.

By FFTB, I've never explicitly been called anything but a persona non grata and a "90% toned-down 4channer." Then again, I don't waste my time by going there (with the brief exception of Thunderf00t) so they haven't had the opportunity to say much to or about me.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

welch wrote:I also beat my dog, according to Laden.
I beat my meat - does that count?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

They called me a macho show off on PZ's puppet show because I said I had once had a good hiding. I must have been doing it wrong all these years, I didn't realise how fucking rock I really am.

Skepcheck

Post by Skepcheck »

I'm a 'phobe who doesn't get it.

Darren

Post by Darren »

I wish the polls weren't limited to 10 options. Along with some of the other suggestions made (I esp. like "cupcake"), I forgot "privileged"! How could I possibly forget "privileged"!?!! I must have been blinded by my privilege.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Darren wrote:I wish the polls weren't limited to 10 options.
Now 25.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I've been branded as a "Vacuous Shitbag Troll" by 'Lousy Canuck.' This has been repeated by Stephanie Zvan.

Ophelia has recently used the following words/phrases to describe me: "very dishonest," "disgraceful," "unethical," "not too careful with the truth," "a hack pursuing a vendetta," a "dishonest hack," and "ridiculous." (

Darren

Post by Darren »

Lsuoma wrote:
Darren wrote:I wish the polls weren't limited to 10 options.
Now 25.
Thanks! I edited the poll, but unfortunately (I found out) editing a poll kills all the votes up to that point. Note for future reference!

0verlord

Post by 0verlord »

justinvacula wrote:I've been branded as a "Vacuous Shitbag Troll" by 'Lousy Canuck.' This has been repeated by Stephanie Zvan.

Ophelia has recently used the following words/phrases to describe me: "very dishonest," "disgraceful," "unethical," "not too careful with the truth," "a hack pursuing a vendetta," a "dishonest hack," and "ridiculous." (
The concept of irony is lost to people like Ophelia. Then again, most people who don't comprehend humor aren't too keen on irony either.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

The only tag I was hit with that I can recall was MRA/PUA

The MRA part is correct. The PU part had me laughing IRL.

I figured out eventually that "MRA" is supposed to be some sort of odious creature. I also get the impression that some/many/all of the slimepit share the same views.

At some point I am going to try to find out what you folks think a MRA is.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

I can't recall any specifics directed at myself, beyond general statements of my obviously low intelligence.

I had to look up gaslighter, because I saw OB using it. I found this:
A form of intimidation or psychological abuse, sometimes called Ambient Abuse where false information is presented to the victim, making them doubt their own memory, perception and quite often, their sanity. The classic example of gaslighting is to switch something around on someone that you know they're sure to notice, but then deny knowing anything about it, and to explain that they "must be imagining things" when they challenge these changes.
I can see how Ophee's paranoia might make her think this is going on, when actually it's her own wonky recollection of her feeble dodges (see: Parallel Logic). She really lacks the skills to be a good propagandist.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

real horrorshow wrote:I can't recall any specifics directed at myself, beyond general statements of my obviously low intelligence.

A form of intimidation or psychological abuse, sometimes called Ambient Abuse where false information is presented to the victim, making them doubt their own memory, perception and quite often, their sanity. The classic example of gaslighting is to switch something around on someone that you know they're sure to notice, but then deny knowing anything about it, and to explain that they "must be imagining things" when they challenge these changes.
I can see how Ophee's paranoia might make her think this is going on, when actually it's her own wonky recollection of her feeble dodges (see: Parallel Logic). She really lacks the skills to be a good propagandist.
After a while, as you keep telling stories and rewriting history, you're going to get confused. Maybe she needs to write another book and keep track of all her edits in it. Might help her keep track of what's what. Hmm...sounds like a movie plot.

RebeccaB

Post by RebeccaB »

Hmm, I seem to have got off lightly before deciding never to post there again: tone troll, and suspected sock puppet. Though I was told (when defending Edwin Kagin from some evidently reading-challenged idiots accusing him of homophobia) that I was standing on the high moral ground of my own shit. Cool.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

standing on the high moral ground of my own shit.
:lol:

These mentally challenged, and reading comprehension crippled maroons provide a lot of incidental humour.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Badger3k wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:I can't recall any specifics directed at myself, beyond general statements of my obviously low intelligence.

After a while, as you keep telling stories and rewriting history, you're going to get confused. Maybe she needs to write another book and keep track of all her edits in it. Might help her keep track of what's what. Hmm...sounds like a movie plot.
So, OB has gaslit herself? Awesome!

CharlesCollom

Post by CharlesCollom »

I suggested we examine critiques of the pro-Harassment Policy position to see if it could result in better, more effective policies.

Apparently that makes me a "Chill-Gay."

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

I was a "concern troll" for pointing out their pathetic and blatant hypocrisy over "Dear Dick".

The fact that was the best response they could muster ("You're wrong because, er, um, concern troll!") pretty much gave it away that they knew all-too-well it was a fuck up.

bannedatheist

Post by bannedatheist »

Oh awesome. I'm delighted to discover the Slyme Pit. I was banned from DemocraticUnderground.com a month or so ago and tried out the pit at FtB. Nope! I've continued looking for this kind of spot since -- in the meantime I just made my own website for banned atheists like myself.

Haven't been banned from any atheist sites, yet -- but I could see it happening at FtB, if anywhere.

Check me out at http://bannedatheists.us

I make atheist cartoons!

Jack Rawlinson

Post by Jack Rawlinson »

Feh. They accused me of being elevator guy!

I win!

spectator

Post by spectator »

Stefunny announced I was a troll, so ignore me.
But I was disenfranchised back in the days of SB. They either crafted a straw man tirade response to my comment or labeled me a Poe.

So I think troll and Poe should be added to the options. At least for me. LOL :lol:
I love how the 2nd wave of refugees are arriving suddenly stunned and wondering "is PZ losing it?" :doh:

Abbie mentioned in another thread that PZ has always been an a-hole. But as long as he was abusing a common enemy, no one noticed. At least not until they finally experienced the vitriolic wrath of the Naked One and the Baboons.

Just asking what "OM" means stirs the hornets nest.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

According to Sally Strange I am all but four of those things. Success!

J_Brisby

Post by J_Brisby »

Wow, I must be old-school. I was Pharyngulated so long ago, they called me 'ACCOMMODATIONIST!' For, you know, saying maybe we should be nice to people for a change. I've tried going back a few times over the years, under different names, but it always seems to end the same way. Apparently, I'm just a little too right-wing for their tastes. Which still leaves me a little to the left of Mao.

Anyway, first post for me, but I tweet under @impossiblebones.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Well I am obviously a gender traitor. But I've been called all kinds of lovely shit by the cattle over there.

I think I need a tissue and to blog about it profusely to get my ass kissed so I can feel better...

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

WoolyBumbleBee, your anti-FfTB/Slepchick YouTube video, with those images of damaged/abused/tortured people, was powerfully moving, and very disturbing. I had a lot od trouble watching it -- I am one of those limp-wristed dweebs who really does not like violence in any shape or form. Nonetheless, I would like to congratuate you for making it. I doubt that anyone at FfTB or Skepchick.org will vicserally understand how it applies to them, but it's a good try anyway.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

John Greg wrote:WoolyBumbleBee, your anti-FfTB/Slepchick YouTube video, with those images of damaged/abused/tortured people, was powerfully moving, and very disturbing. I had a lot od trouble watching it -- I am one of those limp-wristed dweebs who really does not like violence in any shape or form. Nonetheless, I would like to congratuate you for making it. I doubt that anyone at FfTB or Skepchick.org will vicserally understand how it applies to them, but it's a good try anyway.
I Tweeted it to PeeZus, Opheliar, Amy, and QueenBee the other day - crediting WoolyBumbleBee. End result - Amy and the Liar blocked me - yet PZ made no response nor blocked me *shrugs*

Most excellent video, brilliantly executed. Their petty ego-centric chest puffing is of no substance when you look at the real world.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SteveW68 wrote:<Snip>
Love your .sig. Play it to the Baboollies, and watch their heads asplode!

That album, proved yet again, that ridicule, parody and satire are among the sharpest weapons against closed minds. John Bird and Alan Coren (who wrote the texts) were both on Idi Amin's hit list...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and if anyone is interested in the works, here is a sample:

[youtube]MFeJJAQPiK4[/youtube]

Search for "De Colleckerted Works O' Idi Amin" for more info. Available as MP3 at Amazon.com.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

Lsuoma wrote: Love your .sig. Play it to the Baboollies, and watch their heads asplode!
May do that in the next couple of days - just randomly drop it in somewhere :twisted:
That album, proved yet again, that ridicule, parody and satire are among the sharpest weapons against closed minds. John Bird and Alan Coren (who wrote the texts) were both on Idi Amin's hit list...
First I heard it as a backwards bit at the beginning of a track called "Still Lifes" on Iron Maiden's "Piece of Mind" album (1983 IIRC) - spoken by the new drummer doing his impression of an impression of Idi

Shibboleth

Post by Shibboleth »

Unless I see incontrovertible empirical evidence of each and every alleged incident in that poll I will have to assume you are just making it up. :violin:

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Shibboleth wrote:Unless I see incontrovertible empirical evidence of each and every alleged incident in that poll I will have to assume you are just making it up. :violin:
How quickly they forget.

They aren't "incidents", they are, more or less, quotes. You might say they are, not to put too fine a point on it, "shibboleths" from the Aplussers. They are all documented here in the 'pit or in the archived erv posts, also available here. You have some reading to do.

Of course, you could just re-define "incontrovertible" to suit. If so, I suppose we will have something else to measure FfTB-/A+theism against.

John D

Post by John D »

They also called me a child abuser and wife beater. You forgot those.

Zhu Wuneng

Post by Zhu Wuneng »

Ophelia at one point indicated that she was owed an apology cos I disagree with her on something small. She's a headcase.

DarthSutekh

Post by DarthSutekh »

I had several on the list above, also
'Ableist', as I am disabled and disagreed with another disabled person
'Evidence denier', for pointing out Watson's 'Page o' hate' only contained one e-mail, that inferred it was not from an atheist.
'Speaking out of Ignorance', because I dislike the feminist highjacking of the word 'patriarchy' having been to places where real patriarchy is dominant and women basically have no rights at all.
'Troll bait' goes without saying since it seems to be the first response to any opinion
'Victim blamer', ....... no idea Flewellyn tacked that on to his You are Banned, post.

My wife also posted on the A+ forum, she would like to add 'sockpuppet', which Flewellyn used as an excuse to ban her for calling him a cyberbully.
(go figure :roll: a couple who share a single desktop have the same IP address)

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

John Greg wrote:Actually, the three things I was labelled themost at FfTB were misogyinist, sexist, and at LousyCanuck's joint, anti-feminist. Even when I stated my feminist/humanist ideals, which were basically the same as Jason's, because I did not agree with him 100% about the method of achieving those ideals, well, there you go, I was an anti-feminist.

Badaboom.

Oh, yah, as Optimus mentions, Liar. I'd forgotten about that one. In most cases, when I was called a liar, it was for stating an opinion. I was once even called a liar when my only statement was, "I don't think I completely agree with that."

"Liar!"

Double badaboom.
That's awful. Some people have no shame abusing -ist or -ic labels... they should be taken fucking seriously. A sexist, a racist, an ableist, a phobic...these are prejudiced people. Crappy people. And that's what it should mean when someone is called that. You don't just call anyone who dares disagree with you the label that could closest even be applied to it.

I was banned from A+... I cried twice. Yeah, it's the internet, but it was a brutal stay. I was judged like I'd never been judged before, and it was NOT a safe space for me since the first bad experience I posted was about dark skinned vs light skinned prejudice (I guess, since I'm technically multiracial, I must have done something "wannabewhitegirl"-ish to deserve what happened to me. I was told it would keep happening if I kept "continuing down my path. AWFUL. I did NOTHING. Other people's "you act white" shit has nothing to do with how I perceive myself to act.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

DarthSutekh wrote:I had several on the list above, also
'Ableist', as I am disabled and disagreed with another disabled person
'Evidence denier', for pointing out Watson's 'Page o' hate' only contained one e-mail, that inferred it was not from an atheist.
'Speaking out of Ignorance', because I dislike the feminist highjacking of the word 'patriarchy' having been to places where real patriarchy is dominant and women basically have no rights at all.
'Troll bait' goes without saying since it seems to be the first response to any opinion
'Victim blamer', ....... no idea Flewellyn tacked that on to his You are Banned, post.

My wife also posted on the A+ forum, she would like to add 'sockpuppet', which Flewellyn used as an excuse to ban her for calling him a cyberbully.
(go figure :roll: a couple who share a single desktop have the same IP address)

Wow. so who is your wife on there? If we can PM people on there I'll tell you what my username was in private. Awful that so many people are being called such names and lumped in with TRUE enemies of social justice or actual shitty people. Can be hurtful to be judged that way. Where you were the most "liberal" person in class, etc, on THERE you can be called a total jack ass...it's crazy!

Atheism Plus really needs correcting... that or just have another forum that's for unbiased equality and actually talking and/or working together that doesn't have people doing whatever they hell they want to whoever the hell they want. Throwing labels on people you don't like is one of the most annoying cards ever. You'd think people would know how ridiculous and bad they look when they change labels to fit anyone, but I guess they don't.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

I agree with them philosophically, but I am sick and tired of their Stalinist tactics. I love debate. I encourage debate. I disapprove of circle jerks. And FTB = one giant circle jerk. What saddens me the most is that their abusive behaviour only serves to drive off newbies.

A blogger I admire has this to say, and I would like to repost it here:

"The first is the collection of authoritarian behaviours that many of us refer to as Stalinism, arising again and again within our ranks like poisonous mushrooms. Most of us on the Left think we’ve learned those lessons by now, but we seem incapable of abolishing the tendency and preventing its destructive effects within our own ranks. So we divide, and we divide again, and by doing so we give in to those who favour shrieking denunciations over authentic engagement. We seem to insist on weakening ourselves. Ally after ally is pared away because of insufficient obeisance to doctrine, the latter all too often conflated with personal quirks and idiosyncrasies. Mere disagreement can get one banned, shunned and/or publicly reviled and lied about. "

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

another lurker wrote:I agree with them philosophically, but I am sick and tired of their Stalinist tactics. I love debate. I encourage debate. I disapprove of circle jerks. And FTB = one giant circle jerk. What saddens me the most is that their abusive behaviour only serves to drive off newbies.
I don't agree with them philosophically. I agree with the idea of social justice, but their ideology, their views, attitudes, etc, SUCK. And the labeling of people (misogynist, sexist, etc) is usually tied to their views.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

The labelling and abusive behaviour is really abhorrent in my opinion. It is what drove me here, and others, from what I can see. If I register, would I be able to private message you?