Freethought Blog Ads

This is for capturing content that might otherwise be disappeared, primarily Baboollie stuff, but not rigidly constrained...

curious lurker

Re: Freethought Blog Ads

Post by curious lurker »

Just lovin' it when PZ's stream-of-conciousness overflows its banks.

I've seen some pretty funny observations a few times on the net with regards to the ads he used to have up for various herbal woo products, etc. I have no idea if he or Brayton have any control over the ads displayed, but either way somebody has got a rocking sense of humour, be it subconciously or overtly.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

curious lurker wrote:Just lovin' it when PZ's stream-of-conciousness overflows its banks.

I've seen some pretty funny observations a few times on the net with regards to the ads he used to have up for various herbal woo products, etc. I have no idea if he or Brayton have any control over the ads displayed, but either way somebody has got a rocking sense of humour, be it subconciously or overtly.
From what little I know, the easiest and cheapest ads just pick out keywords regardless of content, so if you talk about sex being bad, you'll get ads for sex, talk about religion being bad, you get ads for bible college. I think you can buy up as it were and get more control over the ads, but somebody with more knowledge would have to answer that to confirm or deny.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The ads you see are based on your profile, comments, & search history collected by Facebook, Google, Yahoo, your internet provider, & often email content (GMail). Companies pay to have their ads targeted at specific demographics. The NSA gets it all, too.

I see ads all the time for products I just bought online. And for big-breasted women who want to meet me. Because you can never stock up on enough big-breasted women who want to meet you.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred »

Wait a minute.

Is this some sort of gender bending mind fuck?

The ads say "male gamers only" but the pics are all females.

Or are they? :roll: