List of Proven Misogynists*

Winkie wanky woo
Dick Strawkins

List of Proven Misogynists*

Post by Dick Strawkins »

As explained on numerous occasions by Ophelia Benson, PZ Myers and Rebecca Watson, there is only one true way to tell if someone is a misogynist* or not: do they, or do they not, use the female gendered epithets "cunt" or "twat" as insults against others.

This method is a foolproof technique for detecting which person is either a good person who believes that women are people too - or, in the case of the insulters, a sexist monster who thinks women are not people, but merely fucktoys for prominent skeptics.

Uses 'cunt' or 'twat' as an insult = misogynist.

Doesn't use it = not misogynist (for that reason, as for other reasons...)

So, now we've got that sorted, lets begin our list.

Remember folks, there are 52 weeks in the year,
We need a witch for every one!

Tina Fey Bossypants http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... y-comedian

” One of my 500 nicknames for my daughter is Midge, which is short for Midget, because she was a very small baby. She was born a week early and a little underweight at 5lb 7oz. My obstetrician suggested the next day at her bedside visit that perhaps I hadn't rested enough during my pregnancy and that was why she was so small. "What a cunt," I thought to myself in what was either a flash of postpartum hormones or an accurate assessment of my doctor's personality.”
Ricky Gervais
“Dear Americans, We don't use the word "cunt" with any misogyny in the UK. "Smoking a fag" is nowhere near as scary here either. :)”
Dara O Briain
“@chaz_obrien Oh, and you can fuck off as well, you're clearly a cunt.”
Laurie Penny New Statesman http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/lauri ... -cunt-hint

“For me, "cunt" is, and will always be, a word of power, whether it denotes my own genitals or any obstreperous comrades in the vicinity. The first time I ever used it, I was 12 years old, and being hounded by a group of sixth-form boys who just loved to corner me on the stairs and make hilarious sexy comments. One day, one of them decided it would be funny to pick me up by the waist and shake me. I spat out the words "put me down, you utter cunt", and the boy was so shocked that he dropped me instantly.”

Tim Minchin

“Thank you God” http://www.lyricsty.com/tim-minchin-tha ... yrics.html

“So for a bit of a change from his usual stunt
Of being a sexist, racist, murderous cunt
He popped down to Dandenong and just like that
Used his powers to heal the cataracts of Sam's mum”
Sara Silverman – “Cunt”

“If you're selfish and you're thoughtless
and you're broken and you're heartless
you're probably not a diva...you're a cunt”
Louis CK

"If ever a cunt did come to town, her name be Sandy. That filthy, windy, tropical cunt."
Rebecca Watson
Skeptics Guide to the Universe (2011 - episode recorded live at Dragoncon)

“Bob, you’re a twat”
Michael Nugent
I, Keano (2005)

"You were a crap soldier, you are a crap general, you are a crap person.
You are a spineless, useless, stupid, gutless, incompetent, cunt of a conman.
The only reason I have dealing with you is that somehow you are the general of my legion.
And you’re not even native, you foreign cunt. You can stick it up your cunt!"

TheMan

Re: List of Proven Misogynists*

Post by TheMan »

What a cunt of a thread this'll be.

windy

Post by windy »

Stephen Fry
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 16386.html
"Everything that happens is because you are a cunt"

Eddie Izzard
(second-hand quote, but I'm sure we can consider this an authoritative source:)
http://www.shakesville.com/2013/04/rip- ... tcher.html
"And when I saw Eddie Izzard, typically a resolute and outspoken feminist ally, live at the Royal George several years ago, he had a long, uncharacteristically vicious bit that essentially consisted of his literally calling Margaret Thatcher "a cunt" for five minutes."

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Unverified report that Jane Fonda may have used it!
[youtube]TE9G5CL7Cto[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Obvious chill girl on 'The Young Turks' reclaiming the word 'cunt'.

[youtube]yak43p72kl4[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Kristen Wiig
[youtube]rKiGAzYK37E[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Hit girl!

[youtube]CsvuP_ULzs0[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pharngulite Rev Bigdumbchimp talking about Sally Kern

http://endogenousretrovirus.blogspot.co ... jesus.html
Rev. BigDumbChimp said...
This bitch (I'd use a stonger word here that starts with a letter coming after B... but )is totally SHOCKED that she's being criticized for expressing her opinion and exercising her first amendment rights.
Yes, please, it is your right to say whatever vile lying bullshit is ping ponging off the interior walls of that mostly empty cranium but that does not come at the expense of my right to call you a Cunt (oops) for doing so.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Wowbagger (Die-in-a-fire")
Wowbagger

‘Cunt’ is another thing entirely. I’m Australian, and we don’t use it (the word) in the same way as in the US. It’s more an alternative for ‘prick’, ‘bastard’ or ‘arsehole’, and used to describe another male of whom you think poorly – though sometimes only jokingly – rather than insultingly toward a woman. I’ve never heard a male refer to a female as ‘a cunt’.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Borderline? :think:
Naked Bunny with a Whip
October 25, 2008

Colorful, gender-neutral insults exist.

I’m sure being called a pig-ignorant dipshit is much better for a woman’s self-esteem than being called a cunt. We wouldn’t want to offend someone we’re insulting.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Interesting perspective from Pharyngulite John Morales
John Morales
October 25, 2008

Falyne@95 – re: “douchebag” – it’s tool used for “douching”, which literally means showering but is normally understood to mean vaginal irrigation.
It is a misogynistic slur as much as “cunt” is.
Let's hope the FTB crew never begin to use the misogynistic term 'douchbag' as an insult!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Wait a second, isn't "slut shaming" misogynistic?

PZ Myers:

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007 ... his-woman/

http://i.imgur.com/uJ6WL4w.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

We all know that "bitch" is a gendered term, used only by the most misogynistic of MRA cheerleaders.

Et tu JoshSpokesGay? :snooty:
:naughty:

"Michelle Backmann is a stupid bitch"!
JoshS, Official SpokesGay
April 29, 2009

Hear, hear, to Janine @198. I’m not uptight about bawdy jokes, and as a gay man, I’m known to enjoy some stupid fag jokes on occasion, but sheesh. Please cut the sexist, anti-TS crap, OK? Michelle Bachmann is a stupid bitch (sorry, I’m keeping that word), but it has nothing to do with her appearance, her boobs, or any purported similarity to transsexuals. And there’s nothing wrong with being a transsexual (or with having boobs), so freakin’ stop using it as an insult.

This is like listening to high school boys calling everything they don’t like “so gay.”

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pharyngulite Glen Davidson
But O’Leary has dreams of power which cannot be satisfied by the science she doesn’t understand (scientists do want some power via science, undoubtedly), thus she denies all of the sciences which explain why she’s such a damn bitch.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Peezus Christ!

http://i.imgur.com/xFPrwUq.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Peezus explains that it's OK to use gendered slurs if you use them in a regional context - as windy explains, for PZ, intent is magic!

viewtopic.php?p=100448#p100448

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

How about we include a quick detour to bring in some FTB approved transphobia?

Stephanie Svan, step right up!

http://s17.postimg.org/7lm56zeov/tranny_legos.jpg

Trannies?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Aratina Cage?

tut-tut :naughty:

http://beckytranssexual.wordpress.com/2 ... -dare-you/
“Fuck off Becky you trans fatty transsexual.”

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

David Silverman

viewtopic.php?p=100191#p100191
David Silverman wrote:
"It seems to me that people have come up with the idea that they have the right to not be offended. And that right that they have, to not be offended, supercedes your freedom of speech as the constitution (sic). Quite frankly, Penn could write a book that says just "cunt." It could just be cunt-cunt-cunt-cunt-cunt, and it could be...(crosstalk). I mean, I've always been amazed at people who, quite frankly, do not get the concept of freedom of speech. They don't get the concept of freedom of press. They think that if you say something that they find offensive, you're being bad."

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Greg Laden
If a male uses a lower-respect or diminutive form for a female, is THAT sexist? No, absolutely not. Neither was when I called Salty Current a bitch. She is. And so are a lot of people, and about half of them are men. I’ve called CPP a bitch. Paul calling Stephanie “Steph” is not necessarily sexist, in my view.

On the other hand, if a person feels that it is sexist, then in some way it is even if the sayer didn’t intend it. If Salty Current said to me “when you call me a bitch I feel it is sexist” I would respond “Well, OK, then. Your a bastard fuckwad. Better?”
:shock:

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... alty-curr/

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Stephanie Svan in the same thread:
I simply find it laughable that the people who are all concerned about the sexism of SC being called a bitch don’t apply the same standard to her speech. Why is that? As for your implications, bite me.
:think:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Greg Laden again-
Greg Laden
January 23, 2010

Becca, I explained what they “do.” I’ve explained it more than once. Get off the rag and kiss my ass.

Are you trying to prove that you are more of an asshole on line than in real life? Keep going, you’re not there yet. But you are getting close.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... -too-sexy/

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Greg...

Katherine, no, I do not expect anything like that to help anyone in any way in particular. That was not even nearly my intent.

Despite the fact that Becca’s latest post appears to be separating criticism from humor, the fact is that she does not understand boundaries and it is inappropriate for her to use the Skepchicks (by making accusations that are really very serious with actual legal implications and underlying meaning in terms of ethics) to make me mad.

If you are interested in noticing things, why didn’t you notice that?

The most she’ll get from that sort of utterly inappropriate behavior is to become regularly moderated until I see fit to let her comment freely on my blog, and to get slapped upside the head vigorously and in a very noticeable way. I’m not even remotely interested in discussing this further, so if you must do so, do go get a blog and complain there from a distance.
"slapped upside the head vigorously and in a very noticeable way"? :shock:

I guess we can only hope that arch feminist, protector of all women, Stephanie Svan, steps in and tells Greg off...

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... -too-sexy/

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Stephanie responds...
'
Stephanie Z
January 24, 2010

Actually, caia, you do have to read what Becca has written, and what Greg has written in response, and on and on. Otherwise you don’t understand that she has a history of deciding he should be “Greggie” when he disagrees with her or deciding that he’s being evasive when he relies on his own scholarship in stating something. You won’t see that he’s pointed out that this is inappropriate or that he’s discussed boundaries with her before. You won’t see that she’s ignored the information I’ve posted and Greg has posted and the Skepchicks have posted to insist that Greg (not the Skepchicks) explain to her why someone should donate to Skepchickcon.

In other words, you’ll miss that the entire point of that comment was that if she really wants all respect tossed out the window, there will be consequences she doesn’t like. That comment was specifically chosen to be one she’ll take seriously as a problem (and probably as being one that meets that criteria but is unlikely to apply to her personally, as a fairly new mother). It isn’t pretty, but the inappropriateness is the point.
:violence-smack:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Pharyngulite 'Draken' having an anal rape wish about Ann Coulter.

March 24, 2010
Maybe Ann Coulter oughta be fucked in the ass, hard.
:hand:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Jadehawk, OM
January 22, 2010
So are most people, although not severely.
well, in my case it is rather severe. Not as bad as when I was a kid(I once got bitten somewhere on the eyebrow and my eye swell shut for several weeks; hurt like a bitch, too), but still enough to consider mosquito-murder an act of self-defense.
Hmmm, close, but I think we'll have to let Jadehawk off.
She's using the sociological definition of 'bitch'!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Dick Strawkins wrote:[.img]http://images.wikia.com/phawrongula/ima ... _bitch.png[/img]

Ophelia!

Again a reminder for the guests. We see it's meant in jest. That's not the point. The point is that when others do it, it's misogyny but when they do it, it's apparently no issue, i.e. "It's okay when they do it".

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Aneris wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:[.img]http://images.wikia.com/phawrongula/ima ... _bitch.png[/img]

Ophelia!

Again a reminder for the guests. We see it's meant in jest. That's not the point. The point is that when others do it, it's misogyny but when they do it, it's apparently no issue, i.e. "It's okay when they do it".

Indeed.
Ophelia, if (what am I saying :lol: WHEN) you read this, we both know that intent is not magic.
When you fling such potentially insulting phrases as 'Stupid Bitch' at someone as sensitive and shy as Girl Writes What, there's no guarantee that she won't take it at face value.
One can only imagine the devastation such an insult could have caused to that poor kind-hearted caring soul.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Aneris wrote:

Ophelia!

Indeed.
Ophelia, if (what am I saying :lol: WHEN) you read this, we both know that intent is not magic.
When you fling such potentially insulting phrases as 'Stupid Bitch' at someone as sensitive and shy as Girl Writes What, there's no guarantee that she won't take it at face value.
One can only imagine the devastation such an insult could have caused to that poor kind-hearted caring soul.
On all women! Benson is doing splash damage to all women, past, present and future. :roll:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Martin Wagner, of 'The Atheist Experience'
I'm not kidding about the lyrical qualities of Finnish profanity, people. Wikipedia helpfully informs me of the magnificent phrase Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi!, "paraphrased, 'Oh fucking shit!' or literally 'The spring of cunts and the late winter of dicks!'" That simply leaves me reeling in awe.
Shame on you!
Insulting women in both English and Finnish.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Martin Wagner again!
I'm sure there's some twat here in town with encyclopedic knowledge of every X-Men comic ever published.
Twat!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Again Wagner with the twats!
I bother because millions of people sadly think like this twat, that's why, and they're the ones launching all-out assaults on science education around the world in the name of their invisible magic sky fairy.
http://atheistexperience.blogspot.se/20 ... ogant.html

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

http://atheistexperience.blogspot.se/20 ... worst.html
Martin Wagner1/21/2008 12:46 PM
Well, Pat Hardy is Republican, and it's certain that the creo twat is too.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Enough with the cunts and twats, Martin, can't you think of some more varied insults?

http://i.imgur.com/WfYLHm6.jpg

That's more like it!

A rape wish with an added touch of misogynistic gender slurring!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

OK maybe I was being unfair to Martin Wagner.
Perhaps he didn't mean to imply that Hovind would be raped.
Perhaps he thinks such an occurrence would be a travesty of justice and something no right thinking person would hope for.

http://i.imgur.com/PSZ8gWR.jpg

Errr, and perhaps monkeys will fly out of my butt.

http://i.imgur.com/Vayy1RD.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

I'm getting bored with Martin Wagner.
I would say that Mike Adams has more than shown himself to be a pathological liar. Thus attacks on his character that point to the fact he's a silly, lying little bitch are not ad hominems, as Adams is, in fact, a silly, lying little bitch. There is a point where personal attacks are no longer insults, simply descriptors.
http://atheistexperience.blogspot.se/20 ... n-321.html

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Just one final round and I think Martin's done.
It should come as no surprise that some Christian bitch called Heather has leapt upon this situation as an excuse to troll P-Momma's blog with snarky and insulting comments. I guess that's what comes from being morally superior to everybody, eh?
What usually happens to those who claim moral superiority to everyone else?

:think:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

How about Ed Brayton, fellow patriarch of FTB?

Surely Ed wouldn't use gendered slurs against women...
Ed Brayton
June 26, 2007

Clarissa wrote:

I really don’t want to drop five hundred meeting with you for a weekend, Ed.

You ARE kidding, right?

No, $500 for a weekend at a beautiful bed and breakfast, great food and the chance to get to meet other members of what has become a thriving community of interesting people. Don’t wanna come? Good. Frankly you sound like a bitch anyway.
:doh:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ok, perhaps it was just a one off.
We can forgive one slip-up Ed.

Just don't let it happen again, mkay?
What a selfish bitch.
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2007 ... kins-case/

:cry:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2004 ... las-vegas/
In short, Jane was exactly what you expect to see on your first trip to Vegas. Oh, and one more thing about Jane…..Jane was a bitch.
It's OK Ed, you've made your point.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Ed shows his feminist credentials while speaking of Ann Coulter:
And no, I am strongly against any notion that such comments should be made a crime; her right to say that is absolutely protected by the first amendment, just like my right to think and say that she’s a vile bitch.
I’d like nothing better than to see her 15 minutes of fame expire. I’d like to see that bitch fall so far that she’s reduced to living in the Surreal Life house.
http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2007 ... pithets-1/

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Quick detour to include another non-skeptic community celebrity:

Brian Cox: "Anyone who thinks the LHC will destroy the world is a twat.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/ ... clephysics

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Greg Laden:
But what I’m asking, you jew-boy nigger fag-head hysterical bitch, is this: are just any consequences OK? All consequences? And if you give me the wrong answer I will blow your head off. And kill your grand children.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... ncivility/

I'm not sure but let's hope that Laden was merely trying to make some sort of rhetorical point.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

So I’m standing there at the Al Franken booth at the State Fair chatting with a volunteer and this run of the mill Minnesotan working or middle class looking couple comes along and says hi. Another volunteer starts to say “would you like to…” and the woman cuts her off and says “No, we’re AGAINST that!” pointing to a petition favoring health care reform.

I reeled and was about to slam the bitch but I held myself back at the last second and watched the volunteer handle it.
You were about to "slam the bitch", Greg?

Word. :shifty:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Greg Laden again!
Read this unbelievable post at Larry Moran’s site about a professor who sued her students for being unenlightened. Which would be cool if they really were, but is totally uncool because clearly it is she, the professor, who is, well, let’s just say someone you would not want on your team if you were a liberal. But I don’t want to say anything specific or the screeching bitch might sue me.
Watch out for the splash damage, Greg!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Not Greta Christina too. :doh:
J.K. Rowling has already announced that two major characters will die in the last book, thus completely screwing up my tie-breaker.
Thanks, bitch.
http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta ... ge/page/2/
Where will it end?

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Not you too Carrier!
:doh:
“Ockham’s razor will cut a bitch.” -Richard Carrier #sk4 #skepticon
Dick!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Keep up the good work, Strawkins, you bitch!

Ploppy

Post by Ploppy »

Magnificent archive....may it grow and grow!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Amanda Marcotte!

Usually I just ignore this entire debate, and probably for the lowdown reason that I looooove to use vulgarity and therefore at times I'm sure that's meant that I've used a word that can be taken as a slur against women. (Though, in a way, I doubt it. At the most, I'll call someone a "bitch", but that's usually my friends, male or female, and usually as a total goof.)
http://mousewords.blogspot.com/2004/09/ ... women.html

Is nothing sacred? :pray:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

OK, slight deviation for a second to consider a point made by feminist hero Hugo Schwyzer:
When I talk to my women's studies classes about the origin and meaning of these gender-based insults, many of them are stunned. (You'd be amazed how few understand that "suck" is derived from "cocksucker", and thus to say something or someone "sucks" is to use anti-gay/anti-woman language. They are also stunned that "asshole" is also anti-gay, misogynistic speak; "asshole" is invariably only used for men, despite the fact that women also possess this part of the anatomy -- it is used to refer to men who allow themselves to be penetrated like women.) What they want to know, of course, is when and how one can continue to use these words without perpetuating gender violence.
Asshole? :think:

http://hugoboy.typepad.com/hugo_schwyze ... s_wor.html

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Lousy Canuck, splash damages away.

http://i.imgur.com/2UAMoyy.jpg

:(

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Damn, those evil misogynists* have even infiltrated the writing team of http://www.skepchick.org

http://i.imgur.com/x7wEVmH.jpg

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Elyse! :o

http://i.imgur.com/zNZAOgM.jpg

Surely thats all...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Surly Amy! :doh:
Personally, I am quite fond of the word, bitch. It is a word that seems to seamlessly insert itself into my vocabulary on a regular basis.

Don’t be such a bitch.

Where my bitches at?

We out, bitches.

Stop being such a little bitch
http://skepchick.org/2011/10/ai-dirty-words/

Amy might admit she's stopped using them now - but won't someone think of the ongoing splash damage caused by her previous 'bitch'-ing!
:snooty: