There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
DrokkIt
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit

There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

#1

Post by DrokkIt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:30 am

Re header:

I propose "There are 2018 genders"...
Last edited by Lsuoma on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarcusAu
BPEx3
BPEx3
Posts: 5670
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am
Location: Llareggub

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#2

Post by MarcusAu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:57 am

DrokkIt wrote: Re header:

I propose "There are 2018 genders"...
..."and a bitch ain't one".

Phil_Giordana_FCD
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
Posts: 11651
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#3

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm


Steersman
.
.
Posts: 9771
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#4

Post by Steersman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm

MarcusAu wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Re header:

I propose "There are 2018 genders"...
..."and a bitch ain't one".
:-) Something along that line is definitely called for, maybe something like "There are 2018 genders, a googolplex of them, but only two - count 'em, two - sexes."

Of maybe some related interest, I've had some relatively extensive conversations recently on #PeakTrans - close to 12,000 "impressions" in the last 24 hours which is a bit of record for me. But sure seems a lot of serious pushback on the whole #TransLoonie delusion in the last while - something else we can thank Trump for ... ;-)

But, more particularly, think Brendan O'Neill's contribution was kind of an opening salvo, an opening of the flood-gates: Questioning gender fluidity is the new blasphemy. And Canada's own Barbara Kay has weighed in on the issue, using O'Neill's post as a starting point: Why the CBC chose not to air the BBC documentary on transgender kids. And of course the whole WLU kerfuffle with Lindsay Shepherd was precipitated by the #TransLoonies getting pushback on their delusions. An interesting tweet thereon - "faux hysteria", indeed:


Easy J
.
.
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Texas

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#5

Post by Easy J » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Bhurzum wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:10 am
jugheadnaut wrote: Don't know what you're talking about. Rogan never believed in the flat Earth theory.
I lack the motivation to trawl through hours of video to find the quote but it is out there. Something about a recent (mid 2K's) satellite taking pictures of the Earth and NASA releasing them before he finally changed his mind. I genuinely don't recall specifics, but I do remember rolling my eyes and thinking that the guy's a fucking oaf. Feel free to dismiss this (no citation - fair play) but I'd be hard pressed to care less.

Maybe he strikes you as a quick-witted and erudite kinda guy but I'm sceptical: I think if you removed him from the studio (no monitor, no earpiece, no behind-the-scenes lackeys scrambling around trying to marshal facts and figures for him), the Joe Rogan "experience" would be an entirely different affair. But hey, I could be wrong, maybe he'd run rings around Stephen Hawking?

Oh, and personal/subjective opinion of his stand-up: cut 'n' paste stuff, some of it funny, most of it dull as fuck. He follows the standard yank formula: yell a lot and make sure to say "bitch" and "mother fucker" as often as possible. All that's missing are spitoon sound effects, random audience members shouting "yeehaw, y'all" and perhaps the outbreak of a mass shooting or two.

I'd sooner listen to Watson do an eight hour routine about the evils of douche... :twatson:
I haven't watched a ton of his stuff but I remember him going off on a fake moon landing tangent once when he had Sam Harris as a guest. Sam was polite & didn't bite into it too much, but I pegged him as a quasi-loon on the strength of it. He may have changed his opinions since then.

Easy J
.
.
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 am
Location: Texas

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#6

Post by Easy J » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:33 pm

jugheadnaut wrote: You may be confusing it with his position on the moon landing conspiracy theory. He says he was taken in at one point by some of the evidence and an engineer he knew who was a conspiricist, but once he looked at things more carefully, he realized his ignorance about physics and photography had led him astray and changed his mind.
Mostly :nin: 'd here.

John D
.
.
Posts: 3985
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:23 am
Location: Detroit, MI. USA

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#7

Post by John D » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 pm

How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying.


Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#8

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Guest_7cbd4721 wrote: There's a pic of FT's gummy bear desk in a Mental Floss article about the many uses of gummy bears.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/16022/ma ... ummi-bears

Yes, I googled gummy bear desk.

CaughtUpLockedOut
That's the one. P13N was an abbreviation for Personalization, which is the department I was working in at the time.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#9

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Board will be offline later this pm for a security upgrade, and thread re-titling.

Outage will be about 10-15 minutes.

InfraRedBucket
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#10

Post by InfraRedBucket » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Ape+lust wrote: I've never much liked musicals, so it was years after I saw All That Jazz that it occurred to me that it actually was one. I suppose it's because the music interludes were organic to the story of a director-choreographer's life and not just people suddenly belting out songs. In any case, it's a terrific movie, musical or otherwise.


Steersman
.
.
Posts: 9771
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#11

Post by Steersman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 pm

jet_lagg wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: You really have to wonder about the Alt-Right and Race Realists because I am pretty certain that this behaviour isn't IQ related. If I point something even remotely gun shaped at my dog it has the intelligence to run and hide. I am really surprised that they are not talking about impulse control and aggression.
They do talk about poor impulse control and aggression. If there's an emphasis on IQ it's only because that's where the science is solid and you don't have to rely on anecdote. Whatever the alt-right is they aren't stupid. Their strategy is better than ours (probably because ours consists of sticking our fucking heads in the sand), and we're going to get our asses kicked if we don't get ahead of the curve on this. Anyone who looks at the crime or IQ data can see there are group level differences. The debate needs to be refocused on why the alt-right is wrong *even if those differences exist*. Instead we get Adam Ruins Everything and other well-meaning (or are they? if they're deep cover right wing plants they're doing a brilliant fucking job) idiots trying to rip down entire fields of science because they don't like reality.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oUqKUx2o0
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 1987
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#12

Post by Old_ones » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 pm

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm
One of the many shortcomings of the SocJus ethos/approach is that all substantial disagreements lead the SJW to "you are a terrible person" which is a thought terminating cliche. Hopefully the Democratic party doesn't take the PZ Myers approach to this issue - they'd be nailing themselves in a coffin to keep all the "deplorables" away. They need a platform that can be inclusive for not only minorities, but also the majority because the won't make it without white voters.
Not a problem if they can bring in loads of POCs. I read an allegation somewhere that the Dems rushed through the processing of 1 million immigrants before a presidential election in the 90's. Clinton again.
Most of our immigrants are Chicanos who are mostly Catholic and relatively conservative on a lot of issues. Latinos generally break for Democrats (with the exception of Cubans) but there is no reason that the Democrats should count on that continuing. Particularly if conservatives nominate pro-immigration conservatives like Bush, or if conservatives find more religiously/culturally derived wedge issues to drive them away from the Democratic party. Plus, Latinos vote at lower rates than a lot of other demographics. A groundswell of angry Latino voters were supposed to be the bulwark against Trump and his inflammatory rhetoric against Mexico and boarder wall proposal. Some firewall that was.

DrokkIt
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#13

Post by DrokkIt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:54 pm

MarcusAu wrote:
DrokkIt wrote: Re header:

I propose "There are 2018 genders"...
..."and a bitch ain't one".
HIT ME

DrokkIt
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#14

Post by DrokkIt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Steersman wrote:
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?
For my two penneth worth, I'd say they are wrong because they are (deliberately in many cases) conflating a scientific is with a moralistic ought.

You can demonstrate to me that group X are more intelligent than group Y. You cannot demonstrate to me that therefore X should have dominion over Y or avoid them altogether, especially if this dictate supersedes my own individual choice (i.e. "you are doing whiteness wrong by associating with black people).

In my view this is to do with the ideas and principles they espouse, and not with the pragmatic situation of immigration and cultural tension.

MacGruberKnows
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1768
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#15

Post by MacGruberKnows » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Now that the pent up furor over Star Wars had died down a little, my suggestion for the franchise, it needs to get back to its roots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

You can't get rootier than that.

Kirbmarc
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 9707
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#16

Post by Kirbmarc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Old_ones wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm
One of the many shortcomings of the SocJus ethos/approach is that all substantial disagreements lead the SJW to "you are a terrible person" which is a thought terminating cliche. Hopefully the Democratic party doesn't take the PZ Myers approach to this issue - they'd be nailing themselves in a coffin to keep all the "deplorables" away. They need a platform that can be inclusive for not only minorities, but also the majority because the won't make it without white voters.
Not a problem if they can bring in loads of POCs. I read an allegation somewhere that the Dems rushed through the processing of 1 million immigrants before a presidential election in the 90's. Clinton again.
Most of our immigrants are Chicanos who are mostly Catholic and relatively conservative on a lot of issues. Latinos generally break for Democrats (with the exception of Cubans) but there is no reason that the Democrats should count on that continuing. Particularly if conservatives nominate pro-immigration conservatives like Bush, or if conservatives find more religiously/culturally derived wedge issues to drive them away from the Democratic party. Plus, Latinos vote at lower rates than a lot of other demographics. A groundswell of angry Latino voters were supposed to be the bulwark against Trump and his inflammatory rhetoric against Mexico and boarder wall proposal. Some firewall that was.
A conservative party which would be able to successfully promote conservative values to conservative-leaning members of minorities would keep the Dems out of his office or force them to move further to the right, at least on some issues (like LGBT rights, for example:
Many Latinos experienced negative messages about their sexual orientation from their own communities: many have been told that male homosexuality was "dirty, shameful and abnormal".[52] They reported that they had faced ostracism from their friends and peers, and felt "that they were not truly 'men'", according to the standards of some in their community.[52]

Latina lesbians are also generally stereotyped as traitors who have forsaken their roots.[53] An example of this sentiment is seen in Mexican culture, where, Cherríe Moraga explains, Chicana lesbians are seen as Malinche figures – they are seen as being corrupted by foreign influences and traitors of the race because they contribute to the "genocide" of their people, regardless of whether or not they have children.[54] These stereotypes and stigmas regarding lesbians have been so historically ingrained into Latino cultures that most Latina lesbian women who have spoken openly to their families about their sexuality still feel silenced.[49]
I think that the "rainbow coalition" of identity politics model can still work to make the Dems win for a while, but sooner or later either the Democratic Party comes up with a way to promote general progressive/leftist values which work outside of identity or they'll have to throw some of the identities under the bus to appease others.

Kirbmarc
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 9707
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#17

Post by Kirbmarc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 pm

DrokkIt wrote:
Steersman wrote:
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?
For my two penneth worth, I'd say they are wrong because they are (deliberately in many cases) conflating a scientific is with a moralistic ought.

You can demonstrate to me that group X are more intelligent than group Y. You cannot demonstrate to me that therefore X should have dominion over Y or avoid them altogether, especially if this dictate supersedes my own individual choice (i.e. "you are doing whiteness wrong by associating with black people).

In my view this is to do with the ideas and principles they espouse, and not with the pragmatic situation of immigration and cultural tension.
This. The biggest epistemological problem with the alt-right is the naturalistic fallacy ("since something is natural or a product of evolution then it's a moral good"). Tribalism, aggression, even the propensity for sexually aggressive behavior are "natural", in that they're tendencies which likely have an evolutionary origin. This doesn't make it morally acceptable to "crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women".

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#18

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Well, fuck that shit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

#19

Post by Lsuoma » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:41 pm

[dropshadow=blue]jjj[/dropshadow]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#20

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm

asdasd

some guy
.
.
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#21

Post by some guy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello?

dogen
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
Posts: 2547
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#22

Post by dogen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Lsuoma wrote: Well, fuck that shit.

jimmyfromchicago
.
.
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Location: The Heights, Jersey City, New Jersey

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#23

Post by jimmyfromchicago » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 pm

We have our latest #metoo heroines. Someone goes to work as an assistant on a sitcom based on juvenile sexual humor and is shocked that raunchy jokes are bouncing around the writers' room. How exactly did she think Friends got written?

Also, an adult woman is capable of writing a torrid sex scene but gets a case of the vapors when a man mentions an erection as a creative way of saying he liked her pitch.

This isn't Harvey Weinstein; these people are just trying to get paid/become relevant.

InfraRedBucket
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#24

Post by InfraRedBucket » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 pm

......and relaxxxxxxxx.....

Bhurzum
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 3037
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#25

Post by Bhurzum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 pm


free thoughtpolice
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
Posts: 8909
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#26

Post by free thoughtpolice » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Oprah gave a #metoo speech and now there is a push for her to run for president.

free thoughtpolice
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
Posts: 8909
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#27

Post by free thoughtpolice » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 pm

And the pit is back

DrokkIt
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: Brit-Cit

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#28

Post by DrokkIt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Kirbmarc wrote: This. The biggest epistemological problem with the alt-right is the naturalistic fallacy ("since something is natural or a product of evolution then it's a moral good"). Tribalism, aggression, even the propensity for sexually aggressive behavior are "natural", in that they're tendencies which likely have an evolutionary origin. This doesn't make it morally acceptable to "crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women".
I think they also have an issue around what white *is and isn't*. It's very easy to look at a black dude and mate a categorical judgement about his race, but for a huge amount of people this isn't true.

Also yes re: naturalistic fallacy, loads of arguments from there. Reminds me of the "Black ways of knowing" bullshit about firing lightning form fingers.

Pagancat
.
.
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#29

Post by Pagancat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm

So that's what those huts filled to the rafters with skulls was for. I did wonder.

jet_lagg
.
.
Posts: 2570
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#30

Post by jet_lagg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Steersman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 pm
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?
You catch a lot of shit re: racism, and I think you bring most of it on yourself. That said I know your position here and agree with it. There also needs to be an emphasis on what Drokkt and Kirbmarc are talking about. The time to be driving that kind of moral reasoning home is now, not after inconvenient data becomes common knowledge and it looks like we're desperately scrambling to move the goal posts.

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#31

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Nice one FT. Under promised and over delivered like a pro.

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#32

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Steersman wrote:
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?
For my two penneth worth, I'd say they are wrong because they are (deliberately in many cases) conflating a scientific is with a moralistic ought.

You can demonstrate to me that group X are more intelligent than group Y. You cannot demonstrate to me that therefore X should have dominion over Y or avoid them altogether, especially if this dictate supersedes my own individual choice (i.e. "you are doing whiteness wrong by associating with black people).

In my view this is to do with the ideas and principles they espouse, and not with the pragmatic situation of immigration and cultural tension.
This. The biggest epistemological problem with the alt-right is the naturalistic fallacy ("since something is natural or a product of evolution then it's a moral good"). Tribalism, aggression, even the propensity for sexually aggressive behavior are "natural", in that they're tendencies which likely have an evolutionary origin. This doesn't make it morally acceptable to "crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women".
I swear the naturalistic fallacy was dreamt up by a soy sipping goatee bearded Uni student on a break from zir cultural studies course.

To rest the equilibrium- words from an under appreciated wise man.

http://i.imgur.com/0ufhKV3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SXbfvta.jpg

KiwiInOz
.
.
Posts: 4364
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#33

Post by KiwiInOz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Brive1987 wrote: Nice one FT. Under promised and over delivered like a pro.
Fuck that shit. He gets paid a motza to run this place and its offline all day. What the fuck was I supposed to do all day? Sack the bastard.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#34

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:24 pm

free thoughtpolice wrote: Oprah gave a #metoo speech and now there is a push for her to run for president.
They'll need a lot of pushers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#35

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:26 pm

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Nice one FT. Under promised and over delivered like a pro.
Fuck that shit. He gets paid a motza to run this place and its offline all day. What the fuck was I supposed to do all day? Sack the bastard.

Wild Zontargs
.
.
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#36

Post by Wild Zontargs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Ooo, new thread. Perfect time to declare "thread bankruptcy" and start reading again.

So, Damore's lawsuit against Google (PDF warning) just dropped, and it is full of absolute gold. And by gold, I mean screenshots of SJW cancer.

Matt Cavanaugh
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 11229
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#37

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:32 pm

John D wrote: How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying.

When I was 12, me & my friends put that play on all by ourselves. Sold out 3 nights. I played Mr. Bratt cuz I was the only boy whose voice had changed. FYI, a secretary is not a toy.

free thoughtpolice
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
Posts: 8909
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#38

Post by free thoughtpolice » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:34 pm

Lsuoma wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Oprah gave a #metoo speech and now there is a push for her to run for president.
They'll need a lot of pushers.
It's about time, in fact overdue that the US has a black cetacean for president.
orca winphrey.PNG
(615.28 KiB) Downloaded 1146 times

Matt Cavanaugh
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 11229
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#39

Post by Matt Cavanaugh » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Love the new board header, but I have it from a reliable source that there are in fact 2^1600 genders.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#40

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Just had a quick shufti through the Damore complaint. This looks like it's :popcorn: time!

shoutinghorse
Best Post Evah!!!
Best Post Evah!!!
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:01 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#41

Post by shoutinghorse » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm


Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#42

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:30 pm

That racial diversity is stunning!

CommanderTuvok
Official Pit Tagnut
Posts: 3547
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#43

Post by CommanderTuvok » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Lsuoma wrote: Just had a quick shufti through the Damore complaint. This looks like it's :popcorn: time!
Yup.

The SJWs are completely convinced there is "nothing to see here", except seeing Damore get laughed out of town.

But others say Damore has an "above average" chance of winning.

Will be interesting. Damore (David) vs Google (Goliath).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#44

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:41 pm

BTW, the Cunties are open for voting: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=537

deLurch
.
.
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#45

Post by deLurch » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm

CommanderTuvok wrote: The SJWs are completely convinced there is "nothing to see here", except seeing Damore get laughed out of town.
But others say Damore has an "above average" chance of winning.
Will be interesting. Damore (David) vs Google (Goliath).
This case will be settled out of court.

RebeccaB
.
.
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Ootischenia
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#46

Post by RebeccaB » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:14 pm

I'm a little late to the party - catching up on pages of Pit - but an essential musical has to be O Lucky Man. Music written and performed by Alan Price of The Animals; a very young Helen Mirren as a sexy groupie; Malcolm McDowell as a coffee-peddling Candide, in his strangest ever film with Lindsay Anderson, which is saying a lot. The clips are the beginning and ending.


VickyCaramel
.
.
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 am
Location: Sitting with feet up
Contact:

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#47

Post by VickyCaramel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Steersman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:27 pm
jet_lagg wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote: You really have to wonder about the Alt-Right and Race Realists because I am pretty certain that this behaviour isn't IQ related. If I point something even remotely gun shaped at my dog it has the intelligence to run and hide. I am really surprised that they are not talking about impulse control and aggression.
They do talk about poor impulse control and aggression. If there's an emphasis on IQ it's only because that's where the science is solid and you don't have to rely on anecdote. Whatever the alt-right is they aren't stupid. Their strategy is better than ours (probably because ours consists of sticking our fucking heads in the sand), and we're going to get our asses kicked if we don't get ahead of the curve on this. Anyone who looks at the crime or IQ data can see there are group level differences. The debate needs to be refocused on why the alt-right is wrong *even if those differences exist*. Instead we get Adam Ruins Everything and other well-meaning (or are they? if they're deep cover right wing plants they're doing a brilliant fucking job) idiots trying to rip down entire fields of science because they don't like reality.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3oUqKUx2o0
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?
I was trying to answer this when the site crashed.
Their strategy is better than ours (probably because ours consists of sticking our fucking heads in the sand), and we're going to get our asses kicked if we don't get ahead of the curve on this.
Who is this "we" white man? (racial pun intended).
I'm not losing the argument against race realism because I bought into it some time in the early 1990s. Back in the early 90s, the British National Party had become an early adopter of the internet and you could even go have an argument with Nick Griffin in their chat room... which was your best option because the rest of them tended to be knuckle dragging, out-and-out Nazis. They were pushing the race realism then, throwing out crime figures, they were also saying that "THE" Jews controlled the banks, Hollywood and the media.... and the truth is they aren't wrong on any of these things.

Frankly, not much has changed. My experience is that rather than ex-army tattooed skinhead thugs, the foot soldiers (Comment section stormtroopers) of the Alt-Right tend to be 15 year old boys whose spelling is even worse. However they do know where to find all the race realism information and present it in the form of meme graphics. This is a rather effective tactic in so much as it helps them spread awareness of the 'problems'. But what hasn't changed is that the Far-Right still don't have any answers which are workable or palatable, unless you think, "We are just going to pay them to leave, we won't gas anyone, honestly we won't" is bankable.

The other thing that has changed since the 90s is that the Left and the Media need Nazis. None of us would have ever heard of Richard Spencer if it wasn't for the media inflating the threat of this fringe bunch of goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl3jeuZ7Ujs

Mister Metokur is right, this bullshit is helping the Alt-Right. Sargon was right too. we should have ignored them and let them carry on recruiting a handful of shitlords on 4chan. The problems they point to are real, we are allowing them to rile people up about these problems. And the truth is, there are no good answers. Faced with a range of bad answers, people might just get behind the guy who claims to have a plan but it's unlikely that will be Spencer. If anything they are useful idiots, they are redpilling the public to some of the issues which does leave the door open later for somebody with some real leadership qualities and some better ideas.

If you want to get ahead of the curve, you need to talk about how creating an ethnostate within the US is a fucking absurd idea. All this, "they can have California and we'll have Wyoming" bullshit is complete pie in the sky. These people are less numerous but no less ridiculous than the anarcho-capitalists and we are not going out of our way to confront them.

Frankly, the alt-right is still fringe and I can't see them playing any role on the future no matter how things play out.
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:45 pm
DrokkIt wrote:
Steersman wrote:
And why do you think "the alt-right is wrong even if those differences exist"? Maybe because, as I've argued, many on the alt-right think that those differences apply to ALL members of the different races? That, for instance, all whites are more intelligent than all blacks?
For my two penneth worth, I'd say they are wrong because they are (deliberately in many cases) conflating a scientific is with a moralistic ought.

You can demonstrate to me that group X are more intelligent than group Y. You cannot demonstrate to me that therefore X should have dominion over Y or avoid them altogether, especially if this dictate supersedes my own individual choice (i.e. "you are doing whiteness wrong by associating with black people).

In my view this is to do with the ideas and principles they espouse, and not with the pragmatic situation of immigration and cultural tension.
This. The biggest epistemological problem with the alt-right is the naturalistic fallacy ("since something is natural or a product of evolution then it's a moral good"). Tribalism, aggression, even the propensity for sexually aggressive behavior are "natural", in that they're tendencies which likely have an evolutionary origin. This doesn't make it morally acceptable to "crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women".
You are still barking up the wrong tree. Their argument isn't that they should have dominion over another tribe, it is that they should be separate.
Their argument isn't that tribalism is a moral good, but that it is an inevitable fact that needs to be dealt with -- and that multiculturalism is pretty unnatural and is proven to fail no matter how strong your argument that it is a moral good. You would very quickly find yourself on the defensive if you try this route.
DrokkIt wrote: I think they also have an issue around what white *is and isn't*. It's very easy to look at a black dude and mate a categorical judgement about his race, but for a huge amount of people this isn't true.

Also yes re: naturalistic fallacy, loads of arguments from there. Reminds me of the "Black ways of knowing" bullshit about firing lightning form fingers.
This isn't an issue for them at all. They are quite prepared to say that they will give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who is in question.
If they had a colour chart and were only 'removing' the blackest of the black, it is win for them. If they remove only anyone who is easy to categorize then they have got 99% of what they want. (They can worry about the Quadroons further down the road).
The only damage you can do them with this line is to cause them infighting over when and where they will draw the line, but it isn't as if the hardcore Nazis are movers and shakers in the alt-Right.... i suspect many of them are just shitposters.

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#48

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:29 pm

There isn’t a simple single solution to rebuilding a culturally intact state.

However immigration, integration and economic strength aren’t exclusive concepts. Why Switzerland is one of Europe’s strongest ethnostates despite matching Australia for 30% foreign born population. Wow. All they did was make sure the vast majority of migrants were culturally aligned and then they apparently subject them to North Korea level integration sessions.

http://i.imgur.com/E6IkrR6.jpg

Switzerland has also led the game narrowly voting in a couple of nifty initiatives.

In February 2014, the federal popular initiative "against mass immigration" was accepted. The referendum aimed to reduce immigration through quotas and limits the freedom of movement between Switzerland and the European Union.

In November 2010, the people's initiative for the deportation of criminal foreigners was adopted. Following the approval of the proposal, foreigners convicted of certain offenses or who were paid illegally social insurance benefits or social assistance lose the right of residence and are expelled from Switzerland.

Note, these initiatives haven’t stopped Switzerland from belonging to the Wetsern Liberal Democracy club. In fact I’m not aware of a single UN resolution condemning the place for casual racism.

.......

For Australia a couple of bloody obvious options would be:

Develop a standard of living strategy that doesn’t involve a never ending stuffing of people into Melbourne and Sydney to simply keep the fires burning.

Reduce immigration to 70K pa
Reintroduce cultural markers as primary criteria for applicants.
Reassert a nominal culturally based religion for swearing in, Christmas messages etc.
Cut funding to culturally unaligned institutions like Islamic schools
Rewrite the curriculum to positively reflect heritage, history and traditional institutions.
Massively improve baby incentives - tax cuts, bonus and child care subs
Have a one day of the year where alien cultures are recognised otherwise FiFo
Introduce civic service for civic benefits

Etc etc.

Old_ones
.
.
Posts: 1987
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: An hour's drive from Hell.

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#49

Post by Old_ones » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 pm

deLurch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: The SJWs are completely convinced there is "nothing to see here", except seeing Damore get laughed out of town.
But others say Damore has an "above average" chance of winning.
Will be interesting. Damore (David) vs Google (Goliath).
This case will be settled out of court.
It will be settled out of court if the people who are rational and care about the company's image and bottom line make the decision. If the diversity squad gets in on the decision they might decide to fight in court on ideological grounds. I personally hope we get the second outcome. Its frustrating seeing these organizations do shit that they won't publicly stand by. If they think blatant anti-white anti-male bias represents "justice" then they should fucking own that position.

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#50

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Looks like PZ Myers defaulting to the only Uni to offer him a job has landed him in enemy territory.

http://i.imgur.com/mbKhNFW.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Stankeye
.
.
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#51

Post by Stankeye » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 pm

I need to ask Kirb or anyone else who may know. UCSB is hosting Reza Aslan. Should I go see him? I think it would be interesting but am not sure.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit
Posts: 9913
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Punggye-ri

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#52

Post by Lsuoma » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Metokur has Trout pt IV up now:



The last five or so minutes are fucking hilarious.

Sic Transit Gloria Krauttea

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#53

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Stankeye wrote: I need to ask Kirb or anyone else who may know. UCSB is hosting Reza Aslan. Should I go see him? I think it would be interesting but am not sure.
How could you not?

http://i.imgur.com/9ITFjXh.jpg

Bhurzum
BPEx2
BPEx2
Posts: 3037
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 am
Location: Lurking in a dumpster

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#54

Post by Bhurzum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Lsuoma wrote: Metokur has Trout pt IV up now:
The comments section of that video is 100% cancer.

Kirbmarc
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 9707
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#55

Post by Kirbmarc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Stankeye wrote: I need to ask Kirb or anyone else who may know. UCSB is hosting Reza Aslan. Should I go see him? I think it would be interesting but am not sure.
Aslan is a guy who ate human brains to stay relevant and famous, so he's probably going to say something lulz-worthy. I'd say go check him out, and bring some popcorn.

Kirbmarc
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 9707
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#56

Post by Kirbmarc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 pm

Brive1987 wrote: I swear the naturalistic fallacy was dreamt up by a soy sipping goatee bearded Uni student on a break from zir cultural studies course.
No.
To rest the equilibrium- words from an under appreciated wise man.

http://i.imgur.com/0ufhKV3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SXbfvta.jpg
It's important to add duties to right. You'll find no objection from me on this point. The difference is all about which duties and which rights.

feathers
BPE - Infinite
BPE - Infinite
Posts: 6100
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:12 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#57

Post by feathers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Pagancat wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 pm
So that's what those huts filled to the rafters with skulls was for. I did wonder.
He's wearing glasses. Kill him.

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#58

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 pm

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I swear the naturalistic fallacy was dreamt up by a soy sipping goatee bearded Uni student on a break from zir cultural studies course.
No.
You sure? Moore sounds like he was high on the 1903 Cambridge version of double soy decaf when this made sense:
The basic theme of this paper is the extension to sense-experience of the strong distinction between the mind and its objects which we have encountered in connection with meaning. Moore concentrates here on the case of a ‘sensation of blue’ and maintains that this experience is a kind of ‘diaphanous’ consciousness or awareness of blue, which is not a ‘content’ of experience at all, but something real whose existence is not dependent on experience.

Brive1987
Trolling FTW
Trolling FTW
Posts: 14180
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:16 am

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#59

Post by Brive1987 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Then again maybe it’s just “natural” that blue is blue.

Guest_d2e60302

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

#60

Post by Guest_d2e60302 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 am

I haven't seen these issues highlighted elsewhere, but I would think they go along way to making Damore's claims that there was in essence a hostile environment supported by Google's management against conservatives (and Damore).



also

scribd com/document/368688363/James-Damore-vs-Google-Class-Action-Lawsuit

p 15
Google Employees Were Awarded Bonuses for Arguing against Damore’s Views
74.

Not only did Google terminate Damore for his political views relating to workplace issues, but they then rewarded individuals who disagreed with and disparaged Damore. 75.

The Google Recognition Team allowed employees to give fellow employees “Peer Bonuses” for arguing against Damore’s political viewpoints. Peer Bonuses were typically reserved for outstanding work performance or for going above and beyond an employee’s job duties. Defending the liberal agenda, or defending violations of California employment law, is not in any Google employee’s job description. 76.

In one example of this, an employee gave a Peer Bonus to another employee, and stated that the bonus was for “speaking up for googley values and promoting [diversity and inclusion] in the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is [Damore’s Memo].” The Google Recognition Team reviewed this justification, considered it appropriate, and allowed the bonus to proceed.

Locked