Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Southern

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Southern »

Angry_Drunk wrote:For someone who claims to have lurked here for a year, our new chew-toy Clarence seems oddly ignorant of the goings on. E.g. the provenance of Welch's stupid avatar.
He violated the first rule of Atheism Plus forum: not lurking enough!

Call ceepolk to ban him AT ONCE!

... wait...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dick Strawkins wrote:I love the following clip that Sam Harris posted recently.
It features Egyptian TV presenter Riham Said facing a islamic cleric and refusing to shut up and listen.
She brings up the subject of sexual abuse of women by clerics and provokes from him a hissy fit worthy of Watson being told she'll have to pay her own bar tab.

[youtube]z2rL6NDoyKg[/youtube]

It is interesting to note the word used by the cleric to describe Rihads challenge of his hypocrisy.

http://i.imgur.com/nGEpbpO.jpg
I wished she'd whipped the milkers out - not only does she likely have very nice ones, but it would have been great to see his head explode!

franc

Post by franc »

Southern wrote:
Clarence wrote:
Southern wrote:
Clarence wrote:
it's Eucli's younger brother
Whoever that is.
Then again, this IS the pit and there are some feminists and probably a few OOLON sock puppets lurking about...
Pff. Everybody knows that the only sock puppets are franc's.

And, as you are discussing with welch and all, I'm pretty sure YOU are a sock puppet of franc hoggle. Ha! Gotcha.
I can see I'm REALLY going to have to catch up on who this Franc Hoggle guy is. You guys bring him up all the time, but I can remember nothing about him from the original EG brouhaha or as having anything to do with why this site was formed by Erv.

I'll do a googles. I'm not lazy. And I probably knew who he was but forgot. I'm getting old...just turned 42. I plead advanced age or wisdom or something.
It's a reference to a common FTB assertion, that the Slymepit is really a bunch of Franc Hoggle's (aka "Victor Ivanoff", as they think they doxxed him) sock puppets.

And, as Welch (aka "The Wizard Guy", from now on) is usually seen having heated discussions with Franc about... well, everything, and they usually call each other funny names, like you and The Wizard Guy were doing... connect the dots, will ya?

It's all very meta, I know. But let me have some fun in this wretched week, dammit. (Althought I'm sure Oklahoma people are having it much worse; my condolences to you all).
Full disclosure - I am Ophelia Benson. You are so stupid.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Southern wrote:
Angry_Drunk wrote:For someone who claims to have lurked here for a year, our new chew-toy Clarence seems oddly ignorant of the goings on. E.g. the provenance of Welch's stupid avatar.
He violated the first rule of Atheism Plus forum: not lurking enough!

Call ceepolk to ban him AT ONCE!

... wait...
Who said fuck-all about banning? Just pointing out that he's full of shit.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jesus fucking Christ what has happened to the Pit?
I just sat through a few pages lulzy insults directed at Clarence for having man-tits (and to his favour he took it well) but I didn't see many people denouncing that yet poor, harmless Ophelia, a person who make s a living off dancing in shit and then crying about her smelly feet, gets a daft analogy directed at her and the world is ending.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:When we've seen the baboons twist Ron Lindsay's vanilla WiS speech into a diatribe worthy of a fucking lynch mob demanding he gets sacked from his job I'm surprised anybody is really bothered about being quote-mined.
Interesting point. Why tip-toe around the tulips with this crowd when no matter what you say, they are going to find something to be upset about and misconstrue.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

I hereby denounce the hate directed at Clarence's man boobs. Flaunt what God gave you, Clarence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Jesus fucking Christ what has happened to the Pit?
I just sat through a few pages lulzy insults directed at Clarence for having man-tits (and to his favour he took it well) but I didn't see many people denouncing that yet poor, harmless Ophelia, a person who make s a living off dancing in shit and then crying about her smelly feet, gets a daft analogy directed at her and the world is ending.
No lie, bwana! Looks like some people just found a whole bunch of pearls that desperately need clutching...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

deLurch wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:When we've seen the baboons twist Ron Lindsay's vanilla WiS speech into a diatribe worthy of a fucking lynch mob demanding he gets sacked from his job I'm surprised anybody is really bothered about being quote-mined.
Interesting point. Why tip-toe around the tulips with this crowd when no matter what you say, they are going to find something to be upset about and misconstrue.
You said it better.
*We* cannot fucking win the baboons over. Give them flowers and you will be accused of triggering their hay-fever. Send them chocolates and you're being lactose-intolerant-ableist.
I don't know what worrying about the baboon reaction over somebody's choice of insult or preferred vulgarity is supposed to achieve.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Where is this happening? I see most people joining in with Franc. Who I've decided is a cunt.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Lsuoma wrote:
No lie, bwana! Looks like some people just found a whole bunch of pearls that desperately need clutching...
Speaking only for myself, my comment is just my cheap attempt at collecting the Randi million, so fuck off! It's all MINE! :violin:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Where is this happening? I see most people joining in with Franc. Who I've decided is a cunt.
I'm a bigger cunt than franc is, even though he has a natural advantage being Strine.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

AbsurdWalls wrote:I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.
My immediate reaction is you will be back eventually. I hope so anyway.

franc

Post by franc »

Cunning Punt wrote:
I dug up Hitch's corpse and stole his cock. That's the smell if you go down on me. I am woman. Hear me roar.

franc ophie

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cunning Punt wrote:
I could be wrong about the reasons but Absurd Walls has apparently left for good over it.
I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

AndrewV69 wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:I think I am done with this. Best wishes everyone, and catch you around elsewhere.
ditto that. It is good to take a break from time to time. My busy season (hopefully) is about to start. May have to take some time off myself just to focus on the business. The Pyt is way to much fun to stay away for long, though. The baboon shit can wear on one, but you guys 'n gals are a blast.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I hope so too. I like Absurd Walls (who seems to add a lot more to the general discussion than me) but I think people will be a lot happier with this place when they realise that everybody who posts here is an individual with their own personal tastes and reasons why they visit.

franc

Post by franc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
I hope so too. I like Absurd Walls (who seems to add a lot more to the general discussion than me) but I think people will be a lot happier with this place when they realise that everybody who posts here is an individual with their own personal tastes and reasons why they visit.
Shit, stranger give me danger, as the Stooges burbled 40 years ago. If I upset, "why dontcha kiss my sister's black cat's ass" (various Peckinpah movies) - sorry. Move on.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Gumby wrote:OMG I just read that blind persons summary of his experience at WiS2. If it really went down that way, Melody comes off as the most insensitive vacuous bitch on the planet. "Yeah I know exactly what it's like to be blind because I once hurt my ankle and couldn't walk up the stairs."

:violin:

Fuck me sideways. You'd think that would teach Hensley to think before she speaks, and that baselessly throwing around accusations of "privilege" is liable to eventually lead to your being nailed to the hypocrisy wall... but something tells me she Just. Won't. Get. It..... and the next time she meets a quadriplegic she'll say "Hey, I know just what you're going through - I had a hangnail once and it was a real oww-eee!

Great find, Dick!
I spotted it on Ally Fogg's twitter feed.
I noticed the slimy turd retweeted that. We all knew Hensley was incompetent already, but then again it's clear the blind man has some bias and had he not been blind, he most likely would have been a member of the fainting couch brigade. It seems CFI may have screwed the pooch when it came to disabled at the conference, though, which he used to his advantage when he criticised Lindsay for criticising Watson. He also seems to use the "disability" card to get some sympathy, because I'm pretty sure there were little short of 300 people attending the conference and the "invisibility" cannot possibly be blamed on just one person.

Ah well.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

[youtube]4UDnTJcjPhY[/youtube]

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

WTF? Did I miss something?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Gefan wrote:
WTF? Did I miss something?
Seems like AbsurdWalls is pissed about people ragging on FeeFee.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Lsuoma wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
I'm a bigger cunt than franc is, even though he has a natural advantage being Strine.
And apparently the only person smelling of cigarette smoke.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Just to bring things back on topic, Aratina Cage recently posted a rebuttal of the list of pharyngula porcupine threats listed on Skepsheiks blog.

http://www.skepsheik.blogspot.com/2013/ ... exual.html

Aratina's rebuttal is here

http://aratina.blogspot.com/2013/05/ske ... -lord.html

All the pharyngula threats on the skepsheik list are present in Tigzys slymepit thread, along with their sources.

Tigzys thread is here

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=256

And the skepsheik list below:
1. “I am going to personally see to it that an especially rotten and dribbly dead porcupine is rammed so far up their rectum that they are picking bits of it out of their teeth for the foreseeable future.”

2. “Fuck ‘em with decayed porcupines and red hot pokers! I’m drunk and I’m priviledged and I’m human thus fallible all hell but fuck those douchcanoes and make it hurt!”

3. “the porcupines are still located to the left of the door as you leave. Grab on. Shove it where it will do the most good (to the entire world), and then go die in a fire. Slowly.”

4. “stick a decaying porcupine dipped in hot tar and glass shards up his pustule-covered arse sideways, slowly.”

5. “Take your fucking sympathies for predators and shove them up your ass and chase them with a dead, rotting porcupine that’s been marinating in capsaicin.”

6. “You are fucking tiresome and I wish you would shove a rotting porcupine up your ass.”

7. “May a necrotic porcupine fester, unremovable in your bowels.”

8. ” He should be pounding so many decaying porcupines up his asshole that quills start coming out of his ears.”

9. “surlyramics made me a custom necklace with a totally cute porcupine and the word “insert” underneath it. I get compliments on it every time I wear it (without even any questions about why the word “insert” is under the porcupine).”

10. “Surly Amy makes a lovely porcupine necklace now. It’s adorable, and has a one word label: “insert”.

That last quote was from PZ Myers himself, promoting the business of one of his friends who was actually selling necklaces featuring the rape threat imagery.

Not that the imagery is confined to brutal bodily violation using porcupines. According to one popular commenter the violation is merely a means to an end.

“You go fuck yourself. Get something heavy and sharp. Die whilst doing it, if possible.” – AnthonyK

So then...
Considering that Aratina has always maintained that francs 'cunt-kick' could only be seen in one way - a direct threat of violence, we can presume that he must take a similar approach to the pharyngulite threats.

Can't we?

The first 10 + 1 porcupine jokes are just that--jokes. If you don't find them funny, then I hope you never watch a Bette Midler movie because it'll only make you angry. (And I don't even know what the fuck he is talking about with that Anthony one. He could have pulled it out of his butt for all I know.

Yes!

It's the Chris Clarke defence!

It's harmless humorous metaphors when they do it!

The rest of Aratinas conspiracy theory post will amuse those who remember the Wally Smith affair.

PS, here's AnthonyK's anal rape death fantasy

http://i.imgur.com/FhKJR.jpg

Aratina - you're not helping ;)

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

d4m10n wrote:I hereby denounce the hate directed at Clarence's man boobs. Flaunt what God gave you, Clarence.
Chicks dig moobs: FACT

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

jjbinx007 wrote:
1, 2, THWACK! /END

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote: I'm a bigger cunt than franc is
Now, now..... We're all cunts and we're all EQUAL.

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
deLurch wrote:
You said it better.
*We* cannot fucking win the baboons over. Give them flowers and you will be accused of triggering their hay-fever. Send them chocolates and you're being lactose-intolerant-ableist.
I don't know what worrying about the baboon reaction over somebody's choice of insult or preferred vulgarity is supposed to achieve.

Fuck you very much for making me want chocolate.

Southern

Post by Southern »

nippletwister wrote:
Submariner wrote:
nippletwister wrote:
Fair enough, and sorry about the "tits" crack. And I don't want to over-interpret, but you do read a bit angry IMO. That could just be from the interaction with Welch, it can do that to people.

Peace.
Hey, I like welch.

Oh, I like Welch just fine, I find him entertaining and often right about things he rants on(though I have a few areas of disagreement as well). But not everyone has a good reaction.
#VaculaMustDenounce - Welch being an asshole.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Skep tickle wrote:http://www.cfisummit.org/ October 24-27, 2013 in Tacoma WA (USA)
Should examination of religious beliefs remain largely off limits for skeptics? Should secular humanists be as critical of fringe science claims, including alternative medicine, as they are of religious beliefs? To what extent do skeptics and humanists have a common mission? Both skeptics and humanists support science and critical thinking—but what else unites them? Are there public policy issues on which skeptics and humanists can productively collaborate?

The best way to answer these questions is to bring skeptics and humanists together to talk about them—and that’s exactly what we’re doing.

On October 24-27, 2013, we’re holding The CFI Summit: a joint conference of the Center for Inquiry and its affiliate organizations, the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry and the Council for Secular Humanism.

The Great Debates
The heated battles over church-state separation, the health crisis caused by vaccine misinformation, the threats to our schools from pseudoscience and pseudo-history, the oppression of women and religious dissidents around the world, the countless victims of fraudulent psychics and alt-med practitioners, the growth of the “Nones” and the sociology of belief, and where humanists and skeptics can (and cannot) work together – all of it will be part of the grand discussion at the CFI Summit.

Special Members Meeting
The CFI Summit will also have a first for CFI. President & CEO Ronald A. Lindsay will host an exclusive Members Meeting, a chance for CFI Friends of the Center and Associate Members of CSH or CSI to join in conversation with organization leadership. Members will be able to weigh in on what they see as the best way forward for our movement, and how our organizations can best work together to achieve those goals.
I like the idea of discussion about the overlap & distinct areas of humanism & skepticism. Notice that feminism does not get specific mention (nor should it, IMO) except that it's undoubtedly on their minds (esp in "can (and cannot) work together").

I'm going to try to go. Especially since I've now joined CFI & can be in on the Members Meeting part of it, can add a voice.

Quite a few speakers are listed, including several from the Pacific NW, including (currently) Harriet Hall and Ophelia Benson.
I thought Ophelia would've rescinded her membership or affiliation to CFI in light of recent events, but I guess not.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

PZ rushes to write a blog post to make fun of Ron Lindsay's twitter exchange with him:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... an-rights/

I notice he didn't tackle the "witless wanker" comment.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Strawkins

I didn't bother looking at Aratina's blog, cos I don't wanna give Ooley's girlfriend and page hits (really, it's a romance on a par with Rice and that ginger bird Elevatorgate so obviously fancies), but really, if ratty is attempting to justify these things as jokes, or - as Doubthat (I think) once pointed out to me - just internet memes, then fuck 'intent isn't magic', right?

Anyways, that thread has been quiet for a while, owing to shit tons of IRL stuff to deal with. Tis not forgotten, though, and I'll certainly get back to it.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Dick Strawkins wrote:The #vaculamustdenounce twitter hashtag was funny for a while, but it's getting ruined by Vacula spamming it to death.
Vacula, it's meant to be for jokes.
You are just not funny enough! :shifty:
#VaculaMustDenounce - Vacula's shitty sense of humor.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

I feel there are some here, that would like us to level up a little. In that regard, I also reject picking on Ophelia Benson or other people just for the sake of it or based on some superficial reason (appearance, gender, or whatever). I also think that this would be consistent what we have been saying all the time.

Southern

Post by Southern »

franc wrote:When I was about 13, a neighbour had a dog that was half dead, a ~15yo boxer. It used to pace in circles in the yard, yelping and growling. It would stop occasionally to bark at the same space of non-descript wall as though there was a burglar. Then it would resume pacing.

That dog is Ophelia Benson. If you had mercy, you would shoot it.
Involved in stochastic terrorism again, Franc?

At this time it's not a kick to the cunt. Cunt kicking is worse than shooting someone, right? I get confused sometimes with all this talk.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

jjbinx007 wrote:
Previously, I've criticized Peezus' lack of productive research.
I take it back. Obviously, I was overlooking his ongoing experiment to see how many times he can have the exact same argument before everyone within metaphorical earshot loses their will to live.

Apples

Post by Apples »

jjbinx007 wrote:PZ rushes to write a blog post to make fun of Ron Lindsay's twitter exchange with him:

So now Lindsay is a "thug in a cheap suit?" :think: Charming.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Aneris wrote:I feel there are some here, that would like us to level up a little. In that regard, I also reject picking on Ophelia Benson or other people just for the sake of it or based on some superficial reason (appearance, gender, or whatever). I also think that this would be consistent what we have been saying all the time.
I agree, although we know where this is going to go.........

Southern

Post by Southern »

franc wrote:
dogen wrote:
franc wrote:When I was about 13, a neighbour had a dog that was half dead, a ~15yo boxer. It used to pace in circles in the yard, yelping and growling. It would stop occasionally to bark at the same space of non-descript wall as though there was a burglar. Then it would resume pacing.

That dog is Ophelia Benson. If you had mercy, you would shoot it.
Wow, quotemine target much?
I mine myself. If you know different, cough it up.
Franc Hoggle (aka Victor Ivanoff), proeminent Slymepitter wrote: When I (...) shoot (...) Ophelia Benson (...) dead (...) 15yo (...) growling (...)
There, I did the work for her. You may thank me later, Ophelia (preferably sending me some % of all those victim dollas you got, I really need a tablet, you see...)

(You may also picture this as...)

[youtube]DI-fcc5iv2k[/youtube]

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Cunning Punt wrote:
Aneris wrote:I feel there are some here, that would like us to level up a little. In that regard, I also reject picking on Ophelia Benson or other people just for the sake of it or based on some superficial reason (appearance, gender, or whatever). I also think that this would be consistent what we have been saying all the time.
Clarence's tits? :D

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Apples wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:PZ rushes to write a blog post to make fun of Ron Lindsay's twitter exchange with him:

So now Lindsay is a "thug in a cheap suit?" :think: Charming.
Clearly, Lindsay must be a thug since Peezus was apparently too terrified to even squeak at him in person.
I mean, it's not like Peezus is a coward, right?

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

PZ can't stand free speech because human beings he doesn't like may get to say something. Since that is essentially %97 of human beings alive on the planet, it seems like a limiting philosophy.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Trophy wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:I love the following clip that Sam Harris posted recently.
It features Egyptian TV presenter Riham Said facing a islamic cleric and refusing to shut up and listen.
She brings up the subject of sexual abuse of women by clerics and provokes from him a hissy fit worthy of Watson being told she'll have to pay her own bar tab.

[youtube]z2rL6NDoyKg[/youtube]

It is interesting to note the word used by the cleric to describe Rihads challenge of his hypocrisy.
Oooh that was fun. I like how she said that she wore her scarf for god, not for HIM (the cleric) and his demands, demands which he wanted to enforce only when they were on the air, a hypocrisy she instantly confronted him on. Love that she called him out for having to be paid to be interviewed, love that she wouldn't back down, love that -she- ended the interview.

His reactions were very interesting. Not only that he kept claiming harassment but also that he repeatedly threatened to sue the station and shut them down. "If you don't behave the way I demand and act the way I demand I am going to delete you". The parallels with the way PZ et al react when their hypocrisy is exposed and their behaviors are criticized are striking.

But by all means, CSI etc, keep giving them the microphone and paying their expenses for conferences. Just don't wear the scarf if they demand it.
Also, note that as soon as she removed the scarf, the cleric looked the other way and continued to talk to the "wall". Typical Muslim male asshole/fundi behavior.
I don't know about you, but seeing as it's translated by MEMRI I'd like a second opinion. Then again, I DO love the spu- er, spi- er, CONVICTION of this woman and if the translation is accurate, stood up for herself. Right on!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Fap, fap, fap...

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
Fap, fap, fap...
Don't you mean flap, flap, flap.

Sorry Clarence, Lsuoma made me do it

debaser71

Post by debaser71 »

Hi Clarence. IMO welch is a loud mouth idiot and a cunt. Carry on.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Word is WBC tried to protest at the funeral of one of the kids this morning, and theyve been arrested for protesting without a permit.

Of course, protesting WBC is also protesting without a permit, so one of our bailbond place is offering to post $500 bail for anyone else arrested. heh.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

jjbinx007 wrote:
I don't do Twitter so I don't understand this exchange. Is Peezus just posting the same inane question over and over or is Lindsay just posting multiple responses to the one time posting by Peezus?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

katamari Damassi wrote: I don't do Twitter so I don't understand this exchange. Is Peezus just posting the same inane question over and over or is Lindsay just posting multiple responses to the one time posting by Peezus?
I'd have loved it if PZ had replied that 'witless wanker' is fine, as there's no splash damage.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

katamari Damassi wrote: I don't do Twitter so I don't understand this exchange. Is Peezus just posting the same inane question over and over or is Lindsay just posting multiple responses to the one time posting by Peezus?
PZ posted the question once, Ron replied several times.

Due to the way this forum embeds tweets it showed PZ's question each time.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

jjbinx007 wrote:
PZ posted the question once, Ron replied several times.

Due to the way this forum embeds tweets it showed PZ's question each time.
And /1 , /2 etc. indicate more is coming (until you end with /end). Due to the 140 character limit on Twitter (which is both a bane and virtue of the medium).

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

I don't get it either. On twitter.com it looks like the same question being repeated but that might be the way the software displays replies.

On a related matter, it looks like Lindsay and Benson are getting together for a convo. You know, the kind that Vacula wants to have.

http://i.imgur.com/imCaNbl.jpg

The little "tee hee" bit at the end was bit eww.

Southern

Post by Southern »

Cunning Punt wrote:I don't get it either. On twitter.com it looks like the same question being repeated but that might be the way the software displays replies.

On a related matter, it looks like Lindsay and Benson are getting together for a convo. You know, the kind that Vacula wants to have.
Get a room, you two!

bovarchist

Post by bovarchist »

I definitely get what you're saying, and agree to a point. But it presupposes that the Pit is an organization with actual goals, and not just a place to hang out for people who are sick to death of oversensitive cunts, and just want to throw out the occasional dead-baby joke without being labelled a Suppressive Person.

That said, we really need our dead-baby jokes to be better, people.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
I'd have loved it if PZ had replied that 'witless wanker' is fine, as there's no splash damage.
Quite right.

Of course that’s a reference to PZ’s use of “witless wanker” several years ago; nice touch that Ron, in effect, called PZ “offensive” and “puerile”. I wonder whether PZ had any response to that ….

But it would have been nice also if Ron had made reference to the frequent use of “asshole” by PZ, Zvan, and Benson and asked them where that insult might fit on that “spectrum of human dignity”. Not to mention the porcupine “joke”/meme ….

Post by Guest »

Cunning Punt wrote:
[youtube]TMnR1PUoa14[/youtube]

Post by Guest »

EdwardGemmer wrote:PZ can't stand free speech because human beings he doesn't like may get to say something. Since that is essentially %97 of human beings alive on the planet, it seems like a limiting philosophy.
but

but

the HAPPY atheist!!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bovarchist wrote:
I definitely get what you're saying, and agree to a point. But it presupposes that the Pit is an organization with actual goals, and not just a place to hang out for people who are sick to death of oversensitive cunts, and just want to throw out the occasional dead-baby joke without being labelled a Suppressive Person.

That said, we really need our dead-baby jokes to be better, people.
Q:What's the difference between a wagon-load of sand and a wagon-load of babies?

Also, how 'bout that I-5, eh?

Apples

Post by Apples »

Amazing. How hard is it to actually read a tweet like Lindsay's for comprehension?