Old subthreads
Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Gumby »

zenbabe wrote:
JAB wrote:
Can we stop talking about episiotomy please.
/nod.
In case it wasn't clear, all that would be kinda fun to see is a 'shop of Justin-as-Jesus a-toppling tables.
Not that other thing.
That wouldn't be fun at all. That other thing. Which I regret mentioning.
Rush job, but here you go.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 213395.jpg

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

windy wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Ulysses
19 May 2013 at 8:02 am (UTC -5)

drosera @58

Since you’re the one making the claim the women at the Slymepit consider themselves to be human, it’s up to you to justify this claim. Be specific and give examples to support this dubious affirmation.

Also I don’t care to be called a liar. You may disagree with what I say but you do not get to call me a liar until you can prove my lies. I suggest you reconsider your accusation of “distort[ing] the truth.”
Any women want to pipe up and prove Ulysses a liar?
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
"Smoke me!!!"

<BANG>

"Wrong answer."

I LOVE that movie!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I want to say that this has been one of the most entertaining weekends at the Pit for a very long time.

It's particularly gratifying to see the epithets Pitter and Slymepitter gaining general currency, and even being used to Godwin some threads.

If my hosting this board has contributed in any small way to inconveniencing or annoying the Feministas, I am very proud.

And to all of you here, fuck off!

Wonky Donkey

Post by Wonky Donkey »

Lsuoma wrote:
Wonky Donkey wrote: For sure, RW and PZ saw his general garment and claimed it was cut to fit.

(With apologies to the late Frank Herbert)
"Prepare for violence," eh?
Pretty inevitable as even from my compressed reading I can see the pattern of suppression, resistance then chest beating and the consequential escalation of digital "violence".

Watson is shortly going to learn that her outrage highs are less and less effective, then we will see which fisherman she is - and which is pz.

Its easier to braver behind a riflke than a sword, doubly so behind a keyboard.

If you follow the allusion.

welch

Post by welch »

Jack wrote:
welch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Can I just add that perusing the reaction from WiS, while pouring myself a glass of champagne, it has been an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE.

PS - Those shitstains moaning about how they are not going to donate to CFI, anymore. They could donate it to a far more "worthwhile" cause: Ophelia's Hurt Feelings Fundâ„¢. Rather then helping the women in the community, they can fund some new doggie treats for Cooper.

:lol:

It's funny how they're all "WE WON'T SUPPORT YOU", yet none of them are going to do their own event.

Don't give me SkepchickCon, that's a fucking track of an existing event. Most of the hard work is done for them.

I mean, they have a professional event planner in Hensley, people with lots of experience in running events with JT and others, and a built-in stable of simply scintillatingly superior speakers.

They have in theory, everything they need to put on their own show, run it how they want, allow in only the people they want. Yet the closest they get is Skepticon, and you'll note how few of them are involved with that other than boozing and speaking. Oh, and selling shitty merch to the proles.

They don't need CFI or anyone else. They could put on FTBCon if they really wanted.

Forgive me if I'm not expecting them to actually do anything.

It's been said before but worth repeating. We REALLY should put on a Slymcon.

Lol...do it in Key West. All sessions will be held on the duval st. docks during sunset, where anyone attempting to talk about anything serious gets thrown off said docks.

Primary activities:

morning - watch sun rise over atlantic.
rest of day - make way 1.5 miles down duval st. to docs.
evening - watch sun set over gulf.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Is it too late to arrange to send Vacula to the Dublin conference?
:popcorn:

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

As a sexual egalitarian (who leans MRA and is an agnostic) I've been following this for quite some time.

I even made a guest post about the Elevatorgate thing at a blog for Christians(back when that particular blog was a bit more open to input from those who didn't share all of its beliefs):
http://traditionalchristianity.wordpres ... vatorgate/

Anyway I probably should become a 'piter'. I'm on 'your side' in this brouhaha and because I dare to question pretty much anything (was kicked off a A Voice For Men for having a disagreement in ONE thread) I don't really fit in anywhere. So maybe if you don't mind, this Pit of Hayte will have me.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:
zenbabe wrote:
JAB wrote:
Can we stop talking about episiotomy please.
/nod.
In case it wasn't clear, all that would be kinda fun to see is a 'shop of Justin-as-Jesus a-toppling tables.
Not that other thing.
That wouldn't be fun at all. That other thing. Which I regret mentioning.
Rush job, but here you go.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 213395.jpg

He looks like he's doin' a sexah dance so they'll put money in his robes.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

#BraveHero Radio - Day Three reporting from #WIScfi - Chat now available, show in one minute - http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bravehero/ ... -day-three

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

welch wrote:
Sounds like someone's pwecious fee-fees are a bit hurt :lol:

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Jack wrote:It's been said before but worth repeating. We REALLY should put on a Slymcon.
Nah.

First, people here are from at least 10 countries on at least 3 continents.

Second, the pit doesn't have the administrative structure. (Though it could probably just be held in a bar, with people just getting up to speak as they damn well please, lol.)

Third and IMO most important, shouldn't every actual skeptic conference be an honorary Slyme-con? I'm envisioning: everyone who wants to can attend; anyone can question any statement or topic but should be prepared to back up their line of inquiry; and people are judged by their skepti-fu not their external characteristics or whether they're part of some in-group.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Lsuoma wrote:I want to say that this has been one of the most entertaining weekends at the Pit for a very long time.

It's particularly gratifying to see the epithets Pitter and Slymepitter gaining general currency, and even being used to Godwin some threads.

If my hosting this board has contributed in any small way to inconveniencing or annoying the Feministas, I am very proud.

Sincerely, thank you for hosting this board. The simple fact of its existence is a positive influence.

Now; fuck off, fascist.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Is it too late to arrange to send Vacula to the Dublin conference?
Ooooooooh. I'd help w/ that.

LMU

Post by LMU »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Ulysses
19 May 2013 at 8:02 am (UTC -5)

drosera @58

Since you’re the one making the claim the women at the Slymepit consider themselves to be human, it’s up to you to justify this claim. Be specific and give examples to support this dubious affirmation.

Also I don’t care to be called a liar. You may disagree with what I say but you do not get to call me a liar until you can prove my lies. I suggest you reconsider your accusation of “distort[ing] the truth.”
Any women want to pipe up and prove Ulysses a liar?
Sorry, I identify as a hive of ants ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Wonky Donkey wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Wonky Donkey wrote: For sure, RW and PZ saw his general garment and claimed it was cut to fit.

(With apologies to the late Frank Herbert)
"Prepare for violence," eh?
Pretty inevitable as even from my compressed reading I can see the pattern of suppression, resistance then chest beating and the consequential escalation of digital "violence".

Watson is shortly going to learn that her outrage highs are less and less effective, then we will see which fisherman she is - and which is pz.

Its easier to braver behind a riflke than a sword, doubly so behind a keyboard.

If you follow the allusion.
Twatson could outclimb PeeZus with both hands tied behind her back. The stupid cunt (ooh! missojanee!!!) hitched his wagon to Twatson star, and she is going to dump his sorry, infatuated arse quicker than a rat up an aqueduct...

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

A slightly better version for zenbabe. Complete with table throwin'.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... a653e4.jpg

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Is it too late to arrange to send Vacula to the Dublin conference?
If they have something here in WA or OR I will be all over that like Twatson over White Lightning!

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Skep tickle wrote:
Jack wrote:It's been said before but worth repeating. We REALLY should put on a Slymcon.
Nah.

First, people here are from at least 10 countries on at least 3 continents.
Five!

Africa
Australia
Europe
N. America
S. America

Plus, since Im Antarctican in spirit, I think that should count as six :P

And then we have the ghost of Victor Ivanoff, so theres all seven.

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

welch wrote:
Jack wrote:
welch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Can I just add that perusing the reaction from WiS, while pouring myself a glass of champagne, it has been an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE.

PS - Those shitstains moaning about how they are not going to donate to CFI, anymore. They could donate it to a far more "worthwhile" cause: Ophelia's Hurt Feelings Fundâ„¢. Rather then helping the women in the community, they can fund some new doggie treats for Cooper.

:lol:

It's funny how they're all "WE WON'T SUPPORT YOU", yet none of them are going to do their own event.

Don't give me SkepchickCon, that's a fucking track of an existing event. Most of the hard work is done for them.

I mean, they have a professional event planner in Hensley, people with lots of experience in running events with JT and others, and a built-in stable of simply scintillatingly superior speakers.

They have in theory, everything they need to put on their own show, run it how they want, allow in only the people they want. Yet the closest they get is Skepticon, and you'll note how few of them are involved with that other than boozing and speaking. Oh, and selling shitty merch to the proles.

They don't need CFI or anyone else. They could put on FTBCon if they really wanted.

Forgive me if I'm not expecting them to actually do anything.

It's been said before but worth repeating. We REALLY should put on a Slymcon.

Lol...do it in Key West. All sessions will be held on the duval st. docks during sunset, where anyone attempting to talk about anything serious gets thrown off said docks.

Primary activities:

morning - watch sun rise over atlantic.
rest of day - make way 1.5 miles down duval st. to docs.
evening - watch sun set over gulf.
Sounds perfect, I'll bring the beer. I'll set up an 'ethically aware' stall made of seaweed to hand it out.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Btw-- The outing of Victor Ivanoff is still, in my book, the funniest thing these idiots have ever done.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

Lsuoma wrote:I want to say that this has been one of the most entertaining weekends at the Pit for a very long time.

I'm a relatively new member of the Pyt, but would like to take this moment to extend my thanks to those who created it and help keep it going. I had given up hope on the future of the skeptical movement and you slymers have restored some of that hope.

OK, that was too mushy, even if sincere, to I'll also thank you for the consistently hysterically funny posts, commentary, photoshopped pics et al. The Pyt also operates as the perfect daily clearing house for the FftB/Skepchick/A+ buffoonery that just keeps on giving.

This weekend has been full of so much win! Fuck of, all of you! <sniffle!> :clap:

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:I just searched for Drosera here and I can't find an account matching that name. PZ apparently found confirmation that s/h/it is a Slymepitter. What gives?
Confirmation = "PZ thinks so"?

My guess would be IP/email.
Erm, I don't share emails/IPs with PeeZus.

Jes' sayin'...
I mean he could have compared them with those of a previous "out" slymepitter.

Southern

Post by Southern »

jjbinx007 wrote:Meanwhile, over at the asylum:

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4736
The head of the organization that is sponsoring the event is pretty much saying "Ugh. I don't want to be sponsoring this event. Whiny feminists."
No, he said nothing of the sort. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
This is a retorical question, right? It's easier to point what's NOT wrong with those people.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Gumby wrote:A slightly better version for zenbabe. Complete with table throwin'.

Coins >>> Surlyramics? Pretty please?

On second thought, maybe not. Don't want any DMCA troubles for anyone.

Cuz I know you're reading the 'Pyt, you hypocrites.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
jjbinx007 wrote:I just searched for Drosera here and I can't find an account matching that name. PZ apparently found confirmation that s/h/it is a Slymepitter. What gives?

Jes' sayin'...
Yes, or those of a previous out "slymepitter".

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

ERV wrote:Btw-- The outing of Victor Ivanoff is still, in my book, the funniest thing these idiots have ever done.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... y-stalker/

Just scanned through the comments now. Funnnnny shit.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Clarence wrote:As a sexual egalitarian (who leans MRA and is an agnostic) I've been following this for quite some time.

I even made a guest post about the Elevatorgate thing at a blog for Christians(back when that particular blog was a bit more open to input from those who didn't share all of its beliefs):
http://traditionalchristianity.wordpres ... vatorgate/

Anyway I probably should become a 'piter'. I'm on 'your side' in this brouhaha and because I dare to question pretty much anything (was kicked off a A Voice For Men for having a disagreement in ONE thread) I don't really fit in anywhere. So maybe if you don't mind, this Pit of Hayte will have me.
Hey, are you the one who does reviews of atheist websites on your Christian blog thingy? :P

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Skep tickle wrote:
ERV wrote:Btw-- The outing of Victor Ivanoff is still, in my book, the funniest thing these idiots have ever done.

HA! Did you miss that as it happened??

Well, you see in the comments Jen, Laden, Svan, Ophie, etc all just SO proud of themselves, rite?

Franc isnt Ivanoff.

Victor Ivanoff is the very, very dead Russian relative of one of Franks friends that Frank gave a chick who was all over him, who he wasnt into.

So chick runs to FfTBers with his 'name' to get back at Franc. ZERO skepticism by the FfTB crew, they just ate it up and outed the wrong guy. Luckily, the guy they outed was dead, or else they would have been sued out of existence (what has happened to other bloggers who out-->slander the wrong person online, side effect of the 'call out culture').

TO THIS DAY, the FfTBers insist Franc is Victor.

SKEPTICISM!

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Greta: Echoing what Carrie said earlier — when social justice movements get the women thing right they flourish, when they get the women thing wrong they fail. That needs to get out on the internet — it’s how we win or fail. Stop telling me to stick a knife in my cunt, but also stop TRIVIALIZING that stuff. *WOO!* Stop saying don’t feed the trolls. Stop saying it’s not atheism it doesn’t matter. Stop saying it doesn’t matter. It matters. We need to speak out about it, not just trolls on the internet but all the intersectionality. If we do this right we win. So let’s win.

Shout out to striking hotel employees. Tip.
Huh? Something going on in DC that social justice warriors should know about?

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Tigzy wrote: Hey, are you the one who does reviews of atheist websites on your Christian blog thingy? :P
Hi, Tigzy.
The answer is no. But that sounds hilarious. Feel free to let me know this blogger of whom you speak.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Zenspace wrote:

I'm a relatively new member of the Pyt, but would like to take this moment to extend my thanks to those who created it and help keep it going. I had given up hope on the future of the skeptical movement and you slymers have restored some of that hope.

OK, that was too mushy, even if sincere, to I'll also thank you for the consistently hysterically funny posts, commentary, photoshopped pics et al. The Pyt also operates as the perfect daily clearing house for the FftB/Skepchick/A+ buffoonery that just keeps on giving.

This weekend has been full of so much win! Fuck of, all of you! <sniffle!> :clap:
Absolutely concur. The only way I could be happier at the conclusion of this weekend's events is if I owned a Dunkin' Donuts franchise across the street from Melody Hensley's house.
Regarding Slymecon, well, there's always Skype. Didn't people used to Skype around here?

Finally, inspired by ERV's work on viruses, I picked up a copy of "Spillover: animal infections and the next human pandemic".
Here's what's on the cover:

http://img4-1.realsimple.timeinc.net/im ... op_300.jpg

Huh. Go figure.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Clarence wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Hey, are you the one who does reviews of atheist websites on your Christian blog thingy? :P
Hi, Tigzy.
The answer is no. But that sounds hilarious. Feel free to let me know this blogger of whom you speak.
Ah right. It's just that a while back, a theist of some sort popped up on the Atheism Plus boards; when it got out that he does reviews of atheist forums on his website, the A plussers reacted with typical...mentalness. Can't remember his nym, though; seems he was part of some weird, tiny Christian sect in any case.

The guy actually had a 'vulgarity' measure for appraisals of atheist sites, which is why I felt it a pity that he never popped up here. Would have been nice to have welcomed him with a 'kiss my dick' - oh well, just have to carry on waiting, I suppose.

I'd happy kiss Ron Lindsay's dick right now, though.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Skep tickle wrote:

It was Peez and Laden going 'Eeewwww, I bet he really smeeeeells too' like a pair of five year olds that made me realise how fucking dumb and annoying Pharyngula had become - to the point that I started lurking more and more at the SciBlog PToS.

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

[quote= "Tigzy"] Ah right. It's just that a while back, a theist of some sort popped up on the Atheism Plus boards; when it got out that he does reviews of atheist forums on his website, the A plussers reacted with typical...mentalness. Can't remember his nym, though; seems he was part of some weird, tiny Christian sect in any case.

The guy actually had a 'vulgarity' measure for appraisals of atheist sites, which is why I felt it a pity that he never popped up here. Would have been nice to have welcomed him with a 'kiss my dick' - oh well, just have to carry on waiting, I suppose.

I'd happy kiss Ron Lindsay's dick right now, though.[/quote]

Well, I can see the potential for lots of unintentional irony and humor.
But me, rank sites for 'vulgarity' (or heck, sex)?
I'd be wondering what the point is.
I enjoy some vulgarity and lots of sex :)

As for Ron Lindsay:
Well, I hope he doesn't back down.
I think that speech was an experiment on his part.
And those idiots, RW , and Peezus fell right for it.

But we will see. It's clear that Meyers, Watson and their crew have no use for anyone who doesn't kowtow to them.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

They all live in a bubble which will continue to shrink and shrink until it pops into oblivion, leaving only a vague memory of a handful of batshit fringe crazies who were the catalysts for a short-lived infiltration attempt.

P.S

Post by P.S »

You can see my ugly mug in the comments on that forum (even if you skip the rather long post).
I'm on the web on places like Feminist Critics as Clarence or ClarenceinBaltimore.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Peez wrote:Amongst the debris left over from last night’s late ruckus in my hotel room, I find in my possession many empty wine and beer bottles, a quarter of a fifth of vodka, one set of mysterious keys and a Shelley Segal CD. Look for me at the conference and I’ll return them to you.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... /remnants/

Sorry, but given the baboons' attitude to alcohol, I couldn't help but wonder...

[youtube]arhF6OV1BuQ[/youtube]

JackSkeptic

Post by JackSkeptic »

ERV wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

SKEPTICISM!
It's a shame the guys name wasn't something like Ivor Bigun.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Al Stefanelli wrote:They all live in a bubble which will continue to shrink and shrink until it pops into oblivion, leaving only a vague memory of a handful of batshit fringe crazies who were the catalysts for a short-lived infiltration attempt.
And here's Al with yet another avatar win.... :)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Has anyone been looking at EBWs twitter feed?
@EllenBethWachs: I hereby publicly and loudly support @RALindsay. Everyone is entitled to a voice.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

PZ wrote:It’s been a strange evening. I had a crowd of people descend on my hotel room after the evening’s events at Women In Secularism and a good day of wonderful and inspiring talks from strong women, and besides just wanting to talk and celebrate, they wanted to complain.
PZ wrote:Amongst the debris left over from last night’s late ruckus in my hotel room, I find in my possession many empty wine and beer bottles, a quarter of a fifth of vodka, one set of mysterious keys and a Shelley Segal CD.
Yes, people came to complain with bottles of vodka, wine and Shelley Segal CD. Fuck you PZ, you manipulative asshole. I still bet that PZ's "more than one person [told] me that they were irate" refers exactly to two people.

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Withinthismind wrote:Drosera,

You are denying and covering up abuses, including rape threats and threats against children, harassment, doxing, and all the other bad behavior the pitters have engaged in.

Explain how exactly, you are ‘morally superior’ to the Catholics I referenced?
This is a joke right? I mean, it smells like Poe but at this point I can't really tell.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Apples wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:They all live in a bubble which will continue to shrink and shrink until it pops into oblivion, leaving only a vague memory of a handful of batshit fringe crazies who were the catalysts for a short-lived infiltration attempt.
And here's Al with yet another avatar win.... :)
Shazaaam! My wife says I've got Duck Dynasty 65% downloaded. Muahhhahaahahhaaa!

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Has anyone been looking at EBWs twitter feed?
@EllenBethWachs: I hereby publicly and loudly support @RALindsay. Everyone is entitled to a voice.
EllenBeth has been given the total and complete shaft by the BubbleBloggers and their Commentariat, and she's been very vocal about her dissatisfaction, disappointment and their douchebaggery. She gets totes props from me, all around.

jjbinx007

Post by jjbinx007 »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-620982
PZ Myers
18 May 2013
Sara Mayhew is not here. She’s a parrot echoing & amplifying Vacula’s distortions…and that is another reason Vacula should be disinvited from participation in any part of the atheist movement’s activities. He’s acting as a disinformation agent, nothing more or less.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Amanda Marcotte is spearheading a campaign to get Lindsay fired:
(thanks Lsuoma for the hovertext on the "tweet" button)

Ellenbeth has Oolon's number:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

So terribly underprivileged. "Please sir, may I have another bowl of gruel?"

::sniff::

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Shazaaam! My wife says I've got Duck Dynasty 65% downloaded. Muahhhahaahahhaaa!
Truly, if there was a god, your avatar pic was made in his image.

Just saying... :o

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Fuck off! Love the new tagline.

Southern

Post by Southern »

jjbinx007 wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-620982
PZ Myers
18 May 2013
Sara Mayhew is not here. She’s a parrot echoing & amplifying Vacula’s distortions…and that is another reason Vacula should be disinvited from participation in any part of the atheist movement’s activities. He’s acting as a disinformation agent, nothing more or less.
Funny thing is, one could say the same thing about PZ. Imbecile.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

BarnOwl wrote:
Gumby wrote:A slightly better version for zenbabe. Complete with table throwin'.

Yeah, probably not the best idea, given their vindictiveness and total lack of sense of humor. However, I'll compromise.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 238634.jpg

Post by Guest »

Skep tickle wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:

Jes' sayin'...
Yes, or those of a previous out "slymepitter".
knowing the technical acumen of these schmucks its more likely to be someone who is also on comcast with a slymepitter

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

d4m10n wrote:

Fuck off! Love the new tagline.
I'm putting that on my CV.

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

Gumby wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

Yeah, probably not the best idea, given their vindictiveness and total lack of sense of humor. However, I'll compromise.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd24 ... 238634.jpg
It is not often that something on the internet makes me literally laugh out loud. Well done.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

PZ recommends Vacula be evicted from the atheist movement. Marcotte demands the firing of Ron Lindsay.

Shunning, censorship, threats, attempts at intimidation... all because some people have different opinions than the cult.

Just another day at the SJW office.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/boar ... 198245.jpg

Post by Guest »

Tigzy wrote:
Clarence wrote:
Hi, Tigzy.
Ah right. It's just that a while back, a theist of some sort popped up on the Atheism Plus boards; when it got out that he does reviews of atheist forums on his website, the A plussers reacted with typical...mentalness. Can't remember his nym, though; seems he was part of some weird, tiny Christian sect in any case.

I'd happy kiss Ron Lindsay's dick right now, though.
?

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4328
http://veridican.org/reviews/atheistforumsorg.html

dont think his review index or forum is together anymore

welch

Post by welch »

They were so proud of it too.

Did they get the requisite hug just for trying?

welch

Post by welch »

ERV wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

HA! Did you miss that as it happened??

Well, you see in the comments Jen, Laden, Svan, Ophie, etc all just SO proud of themselves, rite?

Franc isnt Ivanoff.

Victor Ivanoff is the very, very dead Russian relative of one of Franks friends that Frank gave a chick who was all over him, who he wasnt into.

So chick runs to FfTBers with his 'name' to get back at Franc. ZERO skepticism by the FfTB crew, they just ate it up and outed the wrong guy. Luckily, the guy they outed was dead, or else they would have been sued out of existence (what has happened to other bloggers who out-->slander the wrong person online, side effect of the 'call out culture').

SKEPTICISM!

Don't forget Laden's epic outing of Mykeru's house!

Apples

Post by Apples »

Apropos of the Pit's current tag-line:
#132 Currie Jean on Sunday May 19, 2013 at 9:06am wrote:When a “Women in Secularism” conference becomes indistinguishable from a “Feminism in Secularism” conference, skeptical women are alienated and marginalized. The “elevatorgate” drama and ensuing schism led myself, and other women, to be left out and ignored. Feminism’s magical man-blaming Patriarchy theory makes its contempt for maleness apparent, but feminism’s contempt for *women* who fail to toe the superstitious party line is often less visible.

I’m an egalitarian—not a Feminist. In short, I find that Feminism is “about equality” the way Christianity is “about love.” When I speak out against Feminism, I’m almost invariably accused of “internalizing misogyny”—of hating women and thereby myself, as Feminists police my womanhood because I take issue with their beliefs. When I speak out against Feminism to the leaders of this particular Feminist foray into skepticism, I’m ignored, and voices like mine are downplayed. When are these Feminists going to “shut up and listen” to people like me?

I was not alienated or marginalized in skepticism/secularism until the Feminists and their allies began their loud ideological bleating on my supposed behalf. I’ve avoided conferences because I’ve feared their demands for special treatment via overwrought harassment policies would lead men to treat me differently, in fear of retaliation.

I’ve also avoided conferences because I’m the kind of woman who speaks out against bullplop in all forms, but the whinging witch-hunt sicked on Harriet Hall during TAM2012 has shown me that I wouldn’t be free to do so under threat of public shaming, personal meddling and bluelisting. If even such a benign statement as “I am not a part of your group” can set alight a retaliatory mob, what would happen if I let an honest critique or two slip? Would I be accused of “harassment” too?

We need to treat Feminism as skeptically as any other ideology. We can’t stop with a few of its loudest proponents, because the ideology is tailor-made to encourage more of the same unthinking, divisive ideological application that we’ve already seen. If Myers-Watson bug off after having their hateful sexism outed, others will likely take their place.

So thank you, Ron. Thank you for standing up and using your brain proudly regardless of your age, sex and skin color. Please stick to your guns on this. Please go further in the direction of encouraging criticism of Feminism when possible (if it’s viable, it can withstand criticism, right?). I, for one, will become a happy card-carrying CFI member if you do.

Let’s keep skepticism healthy!
http://www.centerforinquiry.net/blogs/e ... tion/P100/

welch

Post by welch »

Jack wrote:
ERV wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:

SKEPTICISM!
It's a shame the guys name wasn't something like Ivor Bigun.

Or Mikhail Hunt.