Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Continuation of the post at Abbie Smith's ERV blog (http://scienceblogs.com/erv/)

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 pm  •  [Post 21126]

Tony Parsehole wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Image

News for the usual suspects on FTB, Skepchick, and A+


What a steaming pile of sanctimonious shit.

A) How in the blue fuck would you know whether a person online is using their real name or not? If I post as Michael Richards from Nevada how the fuck would anybody online know that's as fabricated as Tony Parsehole?
B) Why are we stopping at "real names and photos"? Why not addresses and GPS locations? Oh, and phone numbers. Home phone numbers.
C) What's to stop somebody from using the identity (name, photo and address)s of an IRL enemy in order to stir shit for them online?

What a load of old wank and a blatantly obvious way to claim some kind of moral high-ground. Using your "real name" online is fucking pointless.


If I recall correctly, isn't Stephanie Zvan a pseudonym?
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Jan Steen » Tue May 14, 2013 1:39 pm  •  [Post 21127]

Nerd of Redhead taking irony to new, stratospheric, levels:

Would you not agree that, perhaps, you should cite these before just shouting out accusations?


Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to behave? Think about that before you tell anybody off.


This is the guy whose modus operandi (if that is not too big a word for his robotic inanity) consists entirely of telling people how to behave and telling them off.

He is the paradigmatic Pharyngula commenter.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/05/12/justicarintegralmath-wretched-skeevy-piece-of-internet-offal/comment-page-1/#comment-618065

Reverend Jim Jones, I mean, PZ Myers calling Justicar 'vermin' is almost as amusing. But he got it slightly wrong; the word he was looking for was actually 'cockroach' (or 'invenzi', as the Tutsis were called).
Fighting hypocrisy since Sun Oct 14, 2012.
User avatar
Jan Steen
.
.
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Dick Strawkins » Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 pm  •  [Post 21128]

Pitchguest wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Image

News for the usual suspects on FTB, Skepchick, and A+


What a steaming pile of sanctimonious shit.

A) How in the blue fuck would you know whether a person online is using their real name or not? If I post as Michael Richards from Nevada how the fuck would anybody online know that's as fabricated as Tony Parsehole?
B) Why are we stopping at "real names and photos"? Why not addresses and GPS locations? Oh, and phone numbers. Home phone numbers.
C) What's to stop somebody from using the identity (name, photo and address)s of an IRL enemy in order to stir shit for them online?

What a load of old wank and a blatantly obvious way to claim some kind of moral high-ground. Using your "real name" online is fucking pointless.


If I recall correctly, isn't Stephanie Zvan a pseudonym?


No, I'm pretty sure that's her real married name.
It's not necessarily the name she uses for her work, however, and it's certainly not the name she uses for her published fictional writing (apart from one brief short story that her friend Henry Gee was kind enough to include in Nature.)
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
User avatar
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 4778
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Guest » Tue May 14, 2013 2:04 pm  •  [Post 21129]

Jan Steen wrote:Nerd of Redhead taking irony to new, stratospheric, levels:

Would you not agree that, perhaps, you should cite these before just shouting out accusations?


Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to behave? Think about that before you tell anybody off.

seems like a particularly fun comment to crop and paste at the end of basically every ftb/sc/a+ comment from elevatorgate onward
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Tue May 14, 2013 2:14 pm  •  [Post 21130]

Guest wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:Nerd of Redhead taking irony to new, stratospheric, levels:

Would you not agree that, perhaps, you should cite these before just shouting out accusations?


Who the fuck are you to tell anybody how to behave? Think about that before you tell anybody off.

seems like a particularly fun comment to crop and paste at the end of basically every ftb/sc/a+ comment from elevatorgate onward


Motion seconded! Would be perfect.
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue May 14, 2013 2:21 pm  •  [Post 21131]

Miri of Brute Reason (or should that be Brutal Reason?) tries to explain the concept of "privilege",

http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... privilege/

and uses the same old canards we've heard so many times before. She even gets to add "intersectionality" into the mix. She's quite the loyal subject.

One comment asks if the concept only applies to men, and the response (by one "daniellavine") is thus,

Miri answers this in one of the comments above, actually. Let me put it this way: a vast majority of members of congress are male. There has never been a female president. A large majority of corporate executives are male. A majority of college professors are male. A majority of doctors are male. A majority of lawyers are male.

A majority of food service personnel are female. A majority of administrative assistants are female. A majority of nurses are female.

The majority of the population is female.

What did you have in mind for examples of female privilege? Usually I hear the fact that they usually get custody of the children in divorces but in a majority of cases men don’t even want custody. Besides that, child custody for a single mother also means that the mother has to pay for child care for when she’s at work and that she has to support two or more people on one person’s income. Doesn’t sound like much of a privilege.


I guess the concept of "privilege" is very US-centric in that they use "there has never been a female president" as a point of contention. (Even though she got pretty damn close.) I suppose they forget there had never been an African-American president before either. But then I suppose he's just another man. But in foreign nations, it is not so lopsided. In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women. In Germany, there's Angela Merkel, in Australia there's Julia Gillard. In fact, according to this list, there have been a number of women leaders (and presidents) in other nations other than the United States, including India, Pakistan, and Liberia.

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/chart ... eaders.php

And his view of child custody is even worse, insinuating that in the majority of the cases (bullshit) men doesn't even WANT custody. And, of course, that single mothers have to pay child support. What, and single fathers don't, you fucking dolt?

I swear, this "privilege" thing is getting more and more absurd. And that's regardless if they bring "intersectionality" into it.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 2:26 pm  •  [Post 21132]

Completely OT but Game of Thrones last night had me wincing! I'm sure more than a few Shakesville feminists who watch the series "ironically" were creaming their panties at a certain scene amirite?
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Dick Strawkins » Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 pm  •  [Post 21133]

I notice Vacula has put out a new photo of himself with a brand new haircut and shave, all ready for WISC2 (you lucky, lucky ladeeez)
Image

I could have sworn I'd seen that look before - in a movie!

And then it came to me!

It wasn't from one movie, it was from a trilogy!

Image
PZ Myers: "Hypocrisy is a bitch, isn't it?"
User avatar
Dick Strawkins
.
.
 
Posts: 4778
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm  •  [Post 21134]

Tony Parsehole wrote:Completely OT but Game of Thrones last night had me wincing! I'm sure more than a few Shakesville feminists who watch the series "ironically" were creaming their panties at a certain scene amirite?


I winced as well. And I have no idea where and by whom he's being held. Don't spoil it!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Scunner » Tue May 14, 2013 2:36 pm  •  [Post 21135]

Tony Parsehole wrote:Completely OT but Game of Thrones last night had me wincing! I'm sure more than a few Shakesville feminists who watch the series "ironically" were creaming their panties at a certain scene amirite?


Sadly, Parsehole, you're sort of right. Have a read of the comment by 'wommaning' (had to get it off someone else's page as she appears to have deleted it). It's not what you predicted, but it's still a fairly warped sense of priority: http://special-snowflake-hall-of-fame.t ... castration
User avatar
Scunner
.
.
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Submariner » Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm  •  [Post 21136]

Pitchguest wrote:Miri of Brute Reason (or should that be Brutal Reason?) tries to explain the concept of "privilege",

http://freethoughtblogs.com/brutereason ... privilege/

and uses the same old canards we've heard so many times before. She even gets to add "intersectionality" into the mix. She's quite the loyal subject.

One comment asks if the concept only applies to men, and the response (by one "daniellavine") is thus,

Miri answers this in one of the comments above, actually. Let me put it this way: a vast majority of members of congress are male. There has never been a female president. A large majority of corporate executives are male. A majority of college professors are male. A majority of doctors are male. A majority of lawyers are male.

A majority of food service personnel are female. A majority of administrative assistants are female. A majority of nurses are female.

The majority of the population is female.

What did you have in mind for examples of female privilege? Usually I hear the fact that they usually get custody of the children in divorces but in a majority of cases men don’t even want custody. Besides that, child custody for a single mother also means that the mother has to pay for child care for when she’s at work and that she has to support two or more people on one person’s income. Doesn’t sound like much of a privilege.


I guess the concept of "privilege" is very US-centric in that they use "there has never been a female president" as a point of contention. (Even though she got pretty damn close.) I suppose they forget there had never been an African-American president before either. But then I suppose he's just another man. But in foreign nations, it is not so lopsided. In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women. In Germany, there's Angela Merkel, in Australia there's Julia Gillard. In fact, according to this list, there have been a number of women leaders (and presidents) in other nations other than the United States, including India, Pakistan, and Liberia.

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/chart ... eaders.php

And his view of child custody is even worse, insinuating that in the majority of the cases (bullshit) men doesn't even WANT custody. And, of course, that single mothers have to pay child support. What, and single fathers don't, you fucking dolt?

I swear, this "privilege" thing is getting more and more absurd. And that's regardless if they bring "intersectionality" into it.


I wonder if the religiosity of the US has anything to do with the disparity you've outlined here (US vs the rest of the western world) Correlate religiosity with women in power positions (ie Europe) . Now this could be as causaly connected as global warming and pirates, but I could at least make a better argument for my position.
"You free air breathing, potable water drinking, sanitary tank filling, non-qual, dinq, MFer!" - Old submarine insult

My Blog
YouTube
Twitter
User avatar
Submariner
.
.
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 am
Location: Florida, US of A

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm  •  [Post 21137]

"Privilege". A word fast becoming as misused as "racist".

When kept, middle-class, American house-wives are telling me to check my privilege because I disagreed with them, without knowing the first thing about me, then I feel quite comfortable in classing that person a complete cunt. Every time they are wrong or don't have an answer out comes the "PRIVILEGE!" card and I'm sick to my back teeth of it.

"Check your privilege" is the feminist answer to "Goddidit".
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm  •  [Post 21138]

Scunner wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Completely OT but Game of Thrones last night had me wincing! I'm sure more than a few Shakesville feminists who watch the series "ironically" were creaming their panties at a certain scene amirite?


Sadly, Parsehole, you're sort of right. Have a read of the comment by 'wommaning' (had to get it off someone else's page as she appears to have deleted it). It's not what you predicted, but it's still a fairly warped sense of priority: http://special-snowflake-hall-of-fame.t ... castration



Holy fuck.....
there’s a difference between sexualized torture of women and sexualized torture of men in media—i trust you’re intelligent enough to understand why


"I trust you're intelligent enough to understand why" translates as "Don't ask me "why?" because it's FACT! And if you do ask you are a silly, unintelligent poo head".
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm  •  [Post 21139]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Completely OT but Game of Thrones last night had me wincing! I'm sure more than a few Shakesville feminists who watch the series "ironically" were creaming their panties at a certain scene amirite?


I winced as well. And I have no idea where and by whom he's being held. Don't spoil it!


Oh shit yeah! I didn't think at all but the series hasn't made it clear yet has it? Fuck.....The books have spoiled it for me.

Cracking episode yet again.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm  •  [Post 21140]

Scented Nectar wrote:
Jack wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Jack wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Ok, I'm just gonna sit back and wait for all the cockquake pics to be posted. May I suggest that you all photograph (or video) them when they are in a good mood - erect?

signed,
Lecherous Nectar, Penis Objectifier and OM (Order of the 'Member').


Not gonna happen, unless you do us another one of your nice youtube videos, then we will see. You got a microscope?

My youtubes and blogging are mostly on hold until the end of the month (approx). I'm finally wrapping up some things before I'm more fully retired, afterwhich I'll be less distracted and more able to lose myself much more fully into the internet as one of my main hobbies. Rants, and who knows what else.

As for that microscope, I think I've had my fill of seeing micro-penises with The Amazing Atheist's oil video. At the risk of TMI, I'm a bit of a size pig when it comes to penises. I have an extra fondness for large ones. Not that there's anything wrong with smaller ones sometimes, but... what can I say? Some men like big boobs, and some women like big dicks. And vice versa etc whatever. :)


I'm a big dick. As anyone here, they will vouch for me. Does that count?

It'll have to count. I don't think anyone will be actually posting their dick pics here anyways. :)


Eucli was Scented's sock puppet!
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 2:46 pm  •  [Post 21141]

Image

Sorry Justin....
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 2:49 pm  •  [Post 21142]

Scunner wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Completely OT but Game of Thrones last night had me wincing! I'm sure more than a few Shakesville feminists who watch the series "ironically" were creaming their panties at a certain scene amirite?


Sadly, Parsehole, you're sort of right. Have a read of the comment by 'wommaning' (had to get it off someone else's page as she appears to have deleted it). It's not what you predicted, but it's still a fairly warped sense of priority: http://special-snowflake-hall-of-fame.t ... castration

Actually, on second read, that dude is being sarcastic....Isn't h/she?
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Submariner » Tue May 14, 2013 2:52 pm  •  [Post 21143]

Dick Strawkins wrote:I notice Vacula has put out a new photo of himself with a brand new haircut and shave, all ready for WISC2 (you lucky, lucky ladeeez)
Image

I could have sworn I'd seen that look before - in a movie!

And then it came to me!

It wasn't from one movie, it was from a trilogy!

Image


Check your non-potato headed privilege, Strawkins!
"You free air breathing, potable water drinking, sanitary tank filling, non-qual, dinq, MFer!" - Old submarine insult

My Blog
YouTube
Twitter
User avatar
Submariner
.
.
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 am
Location: Florida, US of A

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Aneris » Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 pm  •  [Post 21144]



Now that will remind you of something. Freeze Peach?

Everyone Guilty Three Times a Day

The inevitable result of this seemingly innocuous, or at least hyper-technical, rule is that all students would arguably be guilty of harassment several times a day. According to ED/DOJ standards, even playing uncensored rap music at a college party, posting something controversial on Facebook, or defending former U.S. Representative Todd Akin in class could now constitute "harassment." (And engaging in satire or parody is just inviting expulsion!) It is now up to "victims" - presumably the more oversensitive or even neurotic members of the student community - to decide when unwelcome words constitute actionable harassment. In other words, in a hypothetical 500-person lecture on gender disparities in the workplace, the one person who takes offense to slide five has the power to silence the professor, and to keep the 499 other students from hearing the speech in question. The Supreme Court some time ago referred to this tactic as "burning the house to roast the pig," and has consistently ruled it unconstitutional.
Ѽ One of Discordianism's² primary tenets —certainly one of the most memorable— is to take nothing seriously while regarding everything as Serious Business³ // Aneris23 @ Twitter
User avatar
Aneris
.
.
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Pentagon

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 pm  •  [Post 21145]

Aneris: that is worrying as shit. What's going on in the US these days?!?
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Submariner » Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm  •  [Post 21146]

Aneris wrote:

Now that will remind you of something. Freeze Peach?

Everyone Guilty Three Times a Day

The inevitable result of this seemingly innocuous, or at least hyper-technical, rule is that all students would arguably be guilty of harassment several times a day. According to ED/DOJ standards, even playing uncensored rap music at a college party, posting something controversial on Facebook, or defending former U.S. Representative Todd Akin in class could now constitute "harassment." (And engaging in satire or parody is just inviting expulsion!) It is now up to "victims" - presumably the more oversensitive or even neurotic members of the student community - to decide when unwelcome words constitute actionable harassment. In other words, in a hypothetical 500-person lecture on gender disparities in the workplace, the one person who takes offense to slide five has the power to silence the professor, and to keep the 499 other students from hearing the speech in question. The Supreme Court some time ago referred to this tactic as "burning the house to roast the pig," and has consistently ruled it unconstitutional.


Young men should sign up for gender studies courses and be offended by the "sexual nature" of the professor's words. :whistle:
"You free air breathing, potable water drinking, sanitary tank filling, non-qual, dinq, MFer!" - Old submarine insult

My Blog
YouTube
Twitter
User avatar
Submariner
.
.
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 am
Location: Florida, US of A

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm  •  [Post 21147]

Aneris wrote:

Now that will remind you of something. Freeze Peach?

Everyone Guilty Three Times a Day

The inevitable result of this seemingly innocuous, or at least hyper-technical, rule is that all students would arguably be guilty of harassment several times a day. According to ED/DOJ standards, even playing uncensored rap music at a college party, posting something controversial on Facebook, or defending former U.S. Representative Todd Akin in class could now constitute "harassment." (And engaging in satire or parody is just inviting expulsion!) It is now up to "victims" - presumably the more oversensitive or even neurotic members of the student community - to decide when unwelcome words constitute actionable harassment. In other words, in a hypothetical 500-person lecture on gender disparities in the workplace, the one person who takes offense to slide five has the power to silence the professor, and to keep the 499 other students from hearing the speech in question. The Supreme Court some time ago referred to this tactic as "burning the house to roast the pig," and has consistently ruled it unconstitutional.

Britain have had shit like this for a few years now. The Public Order Act basically makes it possible for a copper to arrest you for saying a word he doesn't like and the Racial and Religious Hatred Act is open to abuse by any religious nut who chooses to have a hissy fit about people making fun of his religion.
Obvious jokes on twitter, saying nasty things on Facebook about dead people and reminding muslims that Muhammad was a pedophile (he fucking was!) are all arrest-worthy now.
Ho-hum.
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Aneris » Tue May 14, 2013 3:14 pm  •  [Post 21148]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Aneris: that is worrying as shit. What's going on in the US these days?!?


Pinker added in a subsequent tweet he isn't the Harvard professor mentionef there, but that he agrees with the assessment. The emphasis was mine, and it totally reminds me of our favorite bloggers, the FC(n) of Ophelia Benson and Co.
Ѽ One of Discordianism's² primary tenets —certainly one of the most memorable— is to take nothing seriously while regarding everything as Serious Business³ // Aneris23 @ Twitter
User avatar
Aneris
.
.
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am
Location: Pentagon

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby acathode » Tue May 14, 2013 3:26 pm  •  [Post 21149]

Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers, Norway have had one (the one Breivik wanted to murder), and Denmark have one, currently in power.
Neither are most of the directors at companies women, rather the opposite, and there's been quite a lot of talks on if there should or shouldn't be laws forcing companies to hire more women for high positions.

You're right that almost half (45%) of our MPs are women though, and frankly, the biggest reason we haven't had a women PM is likely mostly due to a madman murdering Anna Lindh 10 years ago, and not any deeply rooted sexism or misogyny in the electorate.
User avatar
acathode
.
.
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Cliché Guevara » Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm  •  [Post 21150]

Christina Applegate had a double mastectomy several years ago: http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/10/14/o. ... astectomy/

I'm sure if I checked the archives, I'd see that a "lifelong feminist" like Peezy gave her a condescending pat on the head for using her girly brain to make such a big rational decision, yes? Or did he pass over that story in silence because she mentions God and spirituality?
User avatar
Cliché Guevara
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 pm  •  [Post 21151]

acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers, Norway have had one (the one Breivik wanted to murder), and Denmark have one, currently in power.
Neither are most of the directors at companies women, rather the opposite, and there's been quite a lot of talks on if there should or shouldn't be laws forcing companies to hire more women for high positions.

You're right that almost half (45%) of our MPs are women though, and frankly, the biggest reason we haven't had a women PM is likely mostly due to a madman murdering Anna Lindh 10 years ago, and not any deeply rooted sexism or misogyny in the electorate.


You're right, I was thinking about Finland. But in any case, many countries have had women leaders to rule them, and the one that I was most surprised to learn have a woman leader was Pakistan, and the second to that was Liberia - a place so riddled in tribalism and Christianity, you would think the prospect of a woman ruling the country would be presposterous. Isn't that remarkable, how in a country where you would expect women to have no privilege to speak of, that one of them should attain seemingly the biggest power of them all? And this in a (former?) American colony?

If we're to apply the concept of "privilege" to that election, that would amount to an ideological impossibility. Or perhaps we're just talking about the United States. Or perhaps some feminists are just so insanely rooted in their radicalism that they're blinded to anything else. Case in point: Benson, Zvan, Myers, Lousy, etc. (Speaking of which, did you see Lousy's latest blog post? About Cumberbatch in Star Trek? Somehow it was unsurprising to read the suggestion he subtly weaves in that he thinks should replace Cumberbatch. With ideologues like him, they tend to become less and less unambiguous.)
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby ConcentratedH2O, OM » Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 pm  •  [Post 21152]

I know that a lot of the developed world's media wrote some pretty outrageous lies about behavior of Haitians after the earthquake, but does anyone know if the below (from Opheliar's ridiculous post on sexist bears) has any significant (ie, more than just a single witnessed incident) basis in truth?

It reminded me of Haiti after the earthquake, when men simply pushed and shoved in the food lines and women and children couldn’t get any food.
"Tone trolling? Really? You find the particular arrangement of four letters in a word more detrimental to discourse than sneering assholes showing up to argue with women about their right to autonomy?"
--PZ Meyers, internet cunt.
User avatar
ConcentratedH2O, OM
.
.
 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Tony Parsehole » Tue May 14, 2013 4:24 pm  •  [Post 21153]

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I know that a lot of the developed world's media wrote some pretty outrageous lies about behavior of Haitians after the earthquake, but does anyone know if the below (from Opheliar's ridiculous post on sexist bears) has any significant (ie, more than just a single witnessed incident) basis in truth?

It reminded me of Haiti after the earthquake, when men simply pushed and shoved in the food lines and women and children couldn’t get any food.

I suppose that until she provides EVIDENCE of that CLAIM it is just OPINION and can be *FLOOSH* DISMISSED!?
"It wasn't long before the arse-featured animals were all vibrating frenziedly"
Image
User avatar
Tony Parsehole
.
.
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue May 14, 2013 4:27 pm  •  [Post 21154]

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:I know that a lot of the developed world's media wrote some pretty outrageous lies about behavior of Haitians after the earthquake, but does anyone know if the below (from Opheliar's ridiculous post on sexist bears) has any significant (ie, more than just a single witnessed incident) basis in truth?

It reminded me of Haiti after the earthquake, when men simply pushed and shoved in the food lines and women and children couldn’t get any food.


The way she outright singles out women (and children) and just lays the blame on men? I would, with a degree of confidence, say that she's lying her arse off. Or she's misrepresenting the data.

I couldn't with any confidence claim that NO men did this, obviously, but to say with no manner of evidence or proof (FLOOSH?) "when simply pushed and shoved in the food lines and women and children couldn't get any food", that just sounds like fabrication. Not to mention, if these allegations are true, I imagine some of the men shoving and pushing had children of their own, or wives, or whatever, and the way she words it makes it seem they're nothing but selfish bullies.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby windy » Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm  •  [Post 21155]

acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers

...minne, han har tappat sitt minne, är han svensk eller finne...? :)

Yes, we've had two women prime ministers and one president. But it's a very imperfect metric- as Pitchguest mentioned, Pakistan has had a woman PM, so does that make them less patriarchal than Sweden?
“Ideological purity is for ideologues.” - J. Morales
User avatar
windy
.
.
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:41 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm  •  [Post 21156]

Also, yeah, I'd have to second the motion that Ophelia has gone off the deep end. She's still going on about how the debate still on-going on Nugent's (which I thought had ended months ago) makes the case to call her a "cunt" (which it isn't) and then the old Hermit himself makes an appearance to defend her honour, by repeating the allegations that we're there simply to make the case to call women (not "a woman", mind you, but women) "cunts" and other "slurs."

And now this thing about "sexist bears"? Really? Whatever you say, Ophelia. [slowly backs away]
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Tue May 14, 2013 4:45 pm  •  [Post 21157]

Pitchguest wrote:Also, yeah, I'd have to second the motion that Ophelia has gone off the deep end. She's still going on about how the debate still on-going on Nugent's (which I thought had ended months ago) makes the case to call her a "cunt" (which it isn't) and then the old Hermit himself makes an appearance to defend her honour, by repeating the allegations that we're there simply to make the case to call women (not "a woman", mind you, but women) "cunts" and other "slurs."

And now this thing about "sexist bears"? Really? Whatever you say, Ophelia. [slowly backs away]


Want to have fun about this shit? Go to the Yemisi post I'm commenting on. Don't mind my own comments, though, they are mostly drunk...

http://freethoughtblogs.com/yemmynistin ... -confusing
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 4:50 pm  •  [Post 21158]

windy wrote:
acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers

...minne, han har tappat sitt minne, är han svensk eller finne...? :)

Yes, we've had two women prime ministers and one president. But it's a very imperfect metric- as Pitchguest mentioned, Pakistan has had a woman PM, so does that make them less patriarchal than Sweden?


India, Iceland and NZ have all had female Prime Ministers.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 pm  •  [Post 21159]

KiwiInOz wrote:
windy wrote:
acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers

...minne, han har tappat sitt minne, är han svensk eller finne...? :)

Yes, we've had two women prime ministers and one president. But it's a very imperfect metric- as Pitchguest mentioned, Pakistan has had a woman PM, so does that make them less patriarchal than Sweden?


India, Iceland and NZ have all had female Prime Ministers.


Oh, and at least one of the two female NZ Prime Ministers was atheist and initially unmarried/living in sin, the Icelandic PM is lesbian (as I understand it), and the Indian PM was (gasp) a Woman of Colour.

Wonders will never cease.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby TheMudbrooker » Tue May 14, 2013 5:35 pm  •  [Post 21160]

KiwiInOz wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
windy wrote:
acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers

...minne, han har tappat sitt minne, är han svensk eller finne...? :)

Yes, we've had two women prime ministers and one president. But it's a very imperfect metric- as Pitchguest mentioned, Pakistan has had a woman PM, so does that make them less patriarchal than Sweden?


India, Iceland and NZ have all had female Prime Ministers.


Oh, and at least one of the two female NZ Prime Ministers was atheist and initially unmarried/living in sin, the Icelandic PM is lesbian (as I understand it), and the Indian PM was (gasp) a Woman of Colour.

Wonders will never cease.


Israel had a female head of state too. Can't recall off hand if Israel has a PM or president, I think it's a prime minister.
I plan to leave this world the same way I came in, naked, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence--Charles Bukowski
User avatar
TheMudbrooker
.
.
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Karmakin » Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 pm  •  [Post 21161]

Canada has had a female PM as well, although it didn't really end well (electorally) for her at all. Not really her fault however.
User avatar
Karmakin
.
.
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Nincompoop » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 pm  •  [Post 21162]

KiwiInOz wrote:
windy wrote:
acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers

...minne, han har tappat sitt minne, är han svensk eller finne...? :)

Yes, we've had two women prime ministers and one president. But it's a very imperfect metric- as Pitchguest mentioned, Pakistan has had a woman PM, so does that make them less patriarchal than Sweden?


India, Iceland and NZ have all had female Prime Ministers.


Great Britain and Norway too.
User avatar
Nincompoop
 

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby BarnOwl » Tue May 14, 2013 6:21 pm  •  [Post 21163]

Like Mandelbrot sets, Koch snowflakes, and certain varieties of broccoli, Ophelia and Rebecca are endlessly self-similar.

Image
User avatar
BarnOwl
.
.
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm
Location: The wrong trouser of Time

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Parody Accountant » Tue May 14, 2013 6:21 pm  •  [Post 21164]

Image

"Seems to me that god and the devil are both the same"
User avatar
Parody Accountant
.
.
 
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Pitchguest » Tue May 14, 2013 6:29 pm  •  [Post 21165]

However, we should point out that merely being elected president or prime minister doesn't necessarily mean automatically or immediately doing a good job of it. That's probably something to mention to balance out the discussion, because it seems when the SJW's discuss the prospect of women leaders, and women in congress (still being US-centric) and so on and so forth, they speak of it as if this would, well, *miraculously* solve the problem. And that's just nonsense.

It's the same when Anita Sarkeesian (to go a bit off-topic) says there aren't enough women in games, and a woman main character would make it more interesting. Is that a fact? Admittedly I haven't played every game featuring a woman as a main character (of which there are plenty), therefore I can't account for their quality, but as with games featuring a man as a main character there are bound to a few stinkers. And those stinkers, woman as main character or not, did not suddenly make it interesting or better by comparison. For instance, the new game "Remember Me?" with a woman as main looks amazing, both visually and conceptually, at least in the trailers I've seen, but I can't know for sure whether it's good, its story or its gameplay, until I've tried out. And ultimately that's what I, and I suspect any remotely competent game reviewer, looks at and judges the game from: content. Not whether the main is a woman or not.
"But suppose you throw a coin enough times, suppose one day . . . it lands on its edge."
--Amy Hennig, Soul Reaver 2

Avatar credit to tklmac (and Jan Steen) AND ANERIS (!)
User avatar
Pitchguest
.
.
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Southern » Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm  •  [Post 21166]

Nincompoop wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
windy wrote:
acathode wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:In Sweden, we've had two female prime ministers, nearly all the cabinets are half women, and most of the directors at companies are women
We haven't had any women prime ministers in Sweden, maybe you're thinking of Finland? IIRC they've had two women as prime ministers

...minne, han har tappat sitt minne, är han svensk eller finne...? :)

Yes, we've had two women prime ministers and one president. But it's a very imperfect metric- as Pitchguest mentioned, Pakistan has had a woman PM, so does that make them less patriarchal than Sweden?


India, Iceland and NZ have all had female Prime Ministers.


Great Britain and Norway too.


Brazil, too, has a presidenta (even if the neutral presidente form is the most accepted one, a bunch of bootlickers insist in using the forced female form of the noun. Fuckers).

And yes, she does a job as shitty as the male imbeciles before her. Who'd know? Incompetence is genderless
I'm posting this statement feeling confident that nothing will go wrong.
User avatar
Southern
.
.
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm  •  [Post 21167]

cunt wrote:Don't care. Jolie will always be hot as fuck.




I'm with cunt
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm  •  [Post 21168]

Eskarina wrote:
PZM wrote:Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.


I found this highlighted (by me) statement incredibly dumb. Since when is it a logical conclusion that atheist ==> rational? (Not that I criticise Jolie's decision.)

Oh, I forgot: he recently divorced scepticism and now has only atheism to fall back on. But atheism is bitch, PZ.

And it must chagrin Myers deeply that Jolie doesn't give a fuck what he thinks.



haha! I thought the same thing when reading that. I've been to a few atheist events and they were filled with people who believe in all sorts of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and logical fallacies. Give me a deist sceptic over a woo-believing atheist any day.

And I fucking hate to side with PZ on the subject of breasts, but really, breasts are not important, unless you want to breast feed a child, and they can rebuild breasts out of one's own fat and tissue from another part of their body, so "fake tits" is a spectrum.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby welch » Tue May 14, 2013 7:30 pm  •  [Post 21169]

Okay, so I admit, because I'm not as stupid as humanly possible, I generally stay the fuck out of FTB comment threads. I don't have to actually dive into shit to know that it smells bad when it's on you, but because Ally is thus far, different, I've been hanging out there.

Are the normal cast of dipshits over there really stupid? I mean, morales asks a question that as asked is meaningless:

What do you imagine feminism’s stance regarding women in the military to be, and what do you understand the opposition to that stance to be?


I reply to that and another related comment, and state why I think it's meaningless. I think I am clear on that:

Pen, I think the cannon-fodder thing is related, but tends to get into the weeds really quickly. For example, Morales’ comment, which contains a huge issue as written, namely the implication that there is this thing called “feminism” that has a singular coherent viewpoint.

That’s not even slightly correct. There are groups of people of varying size that support certain ideals and actions that have been shoved under the umbrella of “feminism”, but just like any loose confederation of groups of people, you find that the only thing they seem to agree on is the particular spelling of “feminism” in a given language.

For example, there are a few radfem groups that are of the opinion that transfolk are either sekret rapists or sekret chill girls. Now, the *vast* majority of feminists or people who support parts of feminism without the label would think that’s completely stupid, yet, those groups claim the lable just as much as say, NOW.

So you can’t ask what “…you imagine feminism’s stance…” is on anything, because there’s nothing that is “feminism”. It’s a bag of cats as a term. You may as well ask what blondes think of something, you’ll get the same level of accuracy for all people who have blonde hair. The only way to ask what “feminism” thinks is to ask about specific named feminist groups who have issued statements on the subject.


and what does morales do? HE ASKS IT AGAIN...because...then I'll change my mind? No, really:

John C. Welch:
So you can’t ask what “…you imagine feminism’s stance…” is on anything, because there’s nothing that is “feminism”. It’s a bag of cats as a term. You may as well ask what blondes think of something, you’ll get the same level of accuracy for all people who have blonde hair. The only way to ask what “feminism” thinks is to ask about specific named feminist groups who have issued statements on the subject.

Well, I can (and I did!). And you responded that it’s a meaningless question.

Fine.

So, what do you imagine feminists’ stance regarding women in the military to be, and what do you understand the opposition to that stance to be?


WHY WOULD MY ANSWER CHANGE WHEN THE QUESTION HAS NOT????

Which I tell him:

You know Morales, i’m puzzled. I just said, pretty clearly, that, at least as I see it, there’s no way you can say what “feminists” say about *anything* because they are not some kind of homogenous group that has a unified statement on everything. I even gave a small example of how some of the groups on the fringe have some opinions that the more mainstream groups would consider idiocy.

You *acknowledge* that I said that, and correctly interpret that I think what you asked is a meaningless question.

You then immediately ask me the same fucking question that I just stated was meaningless because you cannot say what feminists think because as an overall group, they have no single unified opinion on anything.

Which now makes me really curious about something, and if you can provide some detail here, it would be interesting, to wit: If it was a meaningless question the first time you asked it, why would that change? It is still a meaningless question as asked, even if you ask it a second time.

Should you do nothing in the comments on this post until the heat death of the universe but ask this same question of me over, and over, and over again, my response shall not change. The question you asked is meaningless. If you want to change it to reference a specific group that has actually talked about this, then my response would also change, but what you asked me is, by any practical means, literally unanswerable.

Were I a cynical man, (and as an IT person, I am, in truth, very cynical), i would suggest that you are deliberately asking the question this way so that no matter how I answer, you can, of course, find a feminist group that disagrees, and therefore be able to accuse me of not knowing anything about feminism.

So ask that question a third time, or three hundred times. Ask it until your fingers bleed and your computer breaks down into its component elements. It is still meaningless, and until you change that question to have some specific meaning, my response is the same as the first one you read was


I mean holy fuck, do people really fall for that shit? "Well, since you keep asking me a meaningless question Lucy, what the fuck, I'll try to kick that footbAAAAAAUGH MY BACK, IT HURTS SO BAD!!!!"

I know i'm not up on all the myriad defects commenting over there, but is that actually how they all tend to work? Because if so, they'd need to study for a month just to get A collective IQ point. I mean a single one.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Southern » Tue May 14, 2013 7:33 pm  •  [Post 21170]

Pitchguest wrote:However, we should point out that merely being elected president or prime minister doesn't necessarily mean automatically or immediately doing a good job of it. That's probably something to mention to balance out the discussion, because it seems when the SJW's discuss the prospect of women leaders, and women in congress (still being US-centric) and so on and so forth, they speak of it as if this would, well, *miraculously* solve the problem. And that's just nonsense.

It's the same when Anita Sarkeesian (to go a bit off-topic) says there aren't enough women in games, and a woman main character would make it more interesting. Is that a fact? Admittedly I haven't played every game featuring a woman as a main character (of which there are plenty), therefore I can't account for their quality, but as with games featuring a man as a main character there are bound to a few stinkers. And those stinkers, woman as main character or not, did not suddenly make it interesting or better by comparison. For instance, the new game "Remember Me?" with a woman as main looks amazing, both visually and conceptually, at least in the trailers I've seen, but I can't know for sure whether it's good, its story or its gameplay, until I've tried out. And ultimately that's what I, and I suspect any remotely competent game reviewer, looks at and judges the game from: content. Not whether the main is a woman or not.


A female character would not, by herself, make a shitty game any less shitty, or vice-versa. Zelda: Wand of Gamelon was the first Zelda game were you played as the Princess, and it is horrible. Would Link made it any better? Well, Zelda: Faces of Evil is basically the same game with Link as the protagonist, and guess what? It is as awful as the other.
I'm posting this statement feeling confident that nothing will go wrong.
User avatar
Southern
.
.
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby cunt » Tue May 14, 2013 8:32 pm  •  [Post 21171]

John Morales is 100kg of wet meat.
You are a bad person. You say horrible things and you should feel bad about yourself.
User avatar
cunt
TheMudbrooker's Bitch
 
Posts: 2739
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby justinvacula » Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 pm  •  [Post 21172]

Taking a page from FTbullies

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/t ... ebook-ever

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

The two owners of Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro took over the restaurant’s Facebook page last night to fight unruly commenters, and man, was it embarrassing.
Blog
Facebook
Twitter

“Oh yes please tell me your BIG IMPORTANT WHITE ABLE NEUROTYPICAL CISMAN OPINIONS about these things.” - Kassiane
User avatar
justinvacula
.
.
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm  •  [Post 21173]

cunt wrote:John Morales is 100kg of wet meat.


More like 50 litres of warm piss.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Southern » Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 pm  •  [Post 21174]

justinvacula wrote:Taking a page from FTbullies

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/t ... ebook-ever

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

The two owners of Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro took over the restaurant’s Facebook page last night to fight unruly commenters, and man, was it embarrassing.


I imagine PZ, Ophelia, and Brayton running that piss-poor excuse for a "blog network" exactly like that.
I'm posting this statement feeling confident that nothing will go wrong.
User avatar
Southern
.
.
 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 pm
Location: Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Skep tickle » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 pm  •  [Post 21175]

sacha wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
PZM wrote:Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.


I found this highlighted (by me) statement incredibly dumb. Since when is it a logical conclusion that atheist ==> rational? (Not that I criticise Jolie's decision.)

Oh, I forgot: he recently divorced scepticism and now has only atheism to fall back on. But atheism is bitch, PZ.

And it must chagrin Myers deeply that Jolie doesn't give a fuck what he thinks.



haha! I thought the same thing when reading that. I've been to a few atheist events and they were filled with people who believe in all sorts of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and logical fallacies. Give me a deist sceptic over a woo-believing atheist any day.

And I fucking hate to side with PZ on the subject of breasts, but really, breasts are not important, unless you want to breast feed a child, and they can rebuild breasts out of one's own fat and tissue from another part of their body, so "fake tits" is a spectrum.

Five of my primary care patients have had bilateral mastectomies, 3 for cancer and 2 for BRCA2. Ages ranged from 35-50 at the time of surgery. One had tissue expanders placed at the time of mastectomy (with implants later inserted surgically into the space formed); another had tissue expanders 15 yrs after her mastectomies, then implants. The other 3 have chosen to go without reconstruction. And I have quite a few patients who have had a unilateral mastectomy & chose not to have reconstruction.

Among my patients, the women who have had unilateral mastectomy typically wear a "prosthesis" (essentially stuffing to fill out that side of their bra) - but the 3 patients who have had bilateral mastectomies without reconstruction go braless and prosthesis-less, and tell me they find it kind of refreshing not to have to deal with breasts & bras. (Obviously, not everyone would have the same reaction.)

I periodically get nasty form letters from one insurance company or another informing me that I'm a Bad Doctor because my patient so-and-so hasn't had a mammogram in >2 yrs. I know they mean well, but it's irritating to have to KEEP telling them that that person doesn't have breasts...
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby welch » Tue May 14, 2013 10:07 pm  •  [Post 21176]

Southern wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Taking a page from FTbullies

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/t ... ebook-ever

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

The two owners of Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro took over the restaurant’s Facebook page last night to fight unruly commenters, and man, was it embarrassing.


I imagine PZ, Ophelia, and Brayton running that piss-poor excuse for a "blog network" exactly like that.


The episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" there is amazing. Poor ramsey.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby DownThunder » Tue May 14, 2013 10:17 pm  •  [Post 21177]

justinvacula wrote:Taking a page from FTbullies

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/t ... ebook-ever

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

The two owners of Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro took over the restaurant’s Facebook page last night to fight unruly commenters, and man, was it embarrassing.


This is how much they didnt feed the trolls:

Image
DownThunder
.
.
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 10:17 pm  •  [Post 21178]

Skep tickle wrote:Five of my primary care patients have had bilateral mastectomies, 3 for cancer and 2 for BRCA2. Ages ranged from 35-50 at the time of surgery. One had tissue expanders placed at the time of mastectomy (with implants later inserted surgically into the space formed); another had tissue expanders 15 yrs after her mastectomies, then implants. The other 3 have chosen to go without reconstruction. And I have quite a few patients who have had a unilateral mastectomy & chose not to have reconstruction.

Among my patients, the women who have had unilateral mastectomy typically wear a "prosthesis" (essentially stuffing to fill out that side of their bra) - but the 3 patients who have had bilateral mastectomies without reconstruction go braless and prosthesis-less, and tell me they find it kind of refreshing not to have to deal with breasts & bras. (Obviously, not everyone would have the same reaction.)

I periodically get nasty form letters from one insurance company or another informing me that I'm a Bad Doctor because my patient so-and-so hasn't had a mammogram in >2 yrs. I know they mean well, but it's irritating to have to KEEP telling them that that person doesn't have breasts...


Ya know something Dr Tickle? I tend to get a bit frustrated when soldiers are thanked for their service to country, but people like you who actually do something to help people are ignored.

So I'd just like to say thank you for your service to humanity.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Skep tickle » Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 pm  •  [Post 21179]

KiwiInOz wrote:Ya know something Dr Tickle? I tend to get a bit frustrated when soldiers are thanked for their service to country, but people like you who actually do something to help people are ignored.

So I'd just like to say thank you for your service to humanity.

Well, I do thank soldiers for their service to country; it's not their fault their country may choose to use their service in boneheaded shortsighted ways.

I see what I do as helping individuals - quite a few individuals, maybe a couple of thousand over my career - but not as helping humanity. And given what I do, some of it is helping people in their inevitable walk toward, and through, death's door. So thanks, but I'm not putting that crown on.

"Helping humanity" to me would mean helping many, many people live their lives the way they want to, which I tend to assume would mean happy & healthy & having available a range of life choices they would like to make, without hurting anyone else.
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 pm  •  [Post 21180]

Skep tickle wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:Ya know something Dr Tickle? I tend to get a bit frustrated when soldiers are thanked for their service to country, but people like you who actually do something to help people are ignored.

So I'd just like to say thank you for your service to humanity.

Well, I do thank soldiers for their service to country; it's not their fault their country may choose to use their service in boneheaded shortsighted ways.

I see what I do as helping individuals - quite a few individuals, maybe a couple of thousand over my career - but not as helping humanity. And given what I do, some of it is helping people in their inevitable walk toward, and through, death's door. So thanks, but I'm not putting that crown on.

"Helping humanity" to me would mean helping many, many people live their lives the way they want to, which I tend to assume would mean happy & healthy & having available a range of life choices they would like to make, without hurting anyone else.


I agree with your first paragraph, and my statement was not meant to impugn soldiers, rather it was to highlight a dissonance.

I beg to quibble over your second paragraph. You are one of a group of people whose work seeks to help rather than hurt humanity. No crown, just reality. And palliative care is an incredibly important aspect of that.

And to your third - all one can do is make a contribution to the best of one's ability.

So I'll bloody well thank you for your service to humanity, and there's not a bloody thing you can do about it. So there.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Skep tickle » Tue May 14, 2013 11:04 pm  •  [Post 21181]

Dammit, KiO - what does a gal have to do to be called a cunt around here? :lol:
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 pm  •  [Post 21182]

Skep tickle wrote:Dammit, KiO - what does a gal have to do to be called a cunt around here? :lol:


:lol:
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Skep tickle » Tue May 14, 2013 11:17 pm  •  [Post 21183]

welch wrote:
Southern wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Taking a page from FTbullies

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/t ... ebook-ever

This Is The Most Epic Brand Meltdown On Facebook Ever

The two owners of Amy’s Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro took over the restaurant’s Facebook page last night to fight unruly commenters, and man, was it embarrassing.


I imagine PZ, Ophelia, and Brayton running that piss-poor excuse for a "blog network" exactly like that.


The episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" there is amazing. Poor ramsey.


*jaw drops* That was quite some episode. Won't listen to criticism, calls people who try to give input "haters" or accuses someone who asks a question of having "attitude" and fires them, assumes everyone shares her positive view of her cooking (even the people whose counter opinion should be obvious - the full plates sent back). Almost rings a bell, somehow...

And the yelp reviews are hilarious.
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby welch » Tue May 14, 2013 11:28 pm  •  [Post 21184]

Skep tickle wrote:Dammit, KiO - what does a gal have to do to be called a cunt around here? :lol:



Cunt



I'm a helper.
If you're going to ignore me, then actually do it. But that does require some work. So you probably won't do it right.
User avatar
welch
.
.
 
Posts: 8247
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby KiwiInOz » Tue May 14, 2013 11:42 pm  •  [Post 21185]

welch wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Dammit, KiO - what does a gal have to do to be called a cunt around here? :lol:



Cunt



I'm a helper.


You are obviously white knighting.
User avatar
KiwiInOz
.
.
 
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Skep tickle » Tue May 14, 2013 11:43 pm  •  [Post 21186]

welch wrote:
Skep tickle wrote:Dammit, KiO - what does a gal have to do to be called a cunt around here? :lol:



Cunt



I'm a helper.



Awwww, thanks!


*watches blood pressure rise in some lurkers*
User avatar
Skep tickle
.
.
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 am

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby Phil_Giordana_FCD » Tue May 14, 2013 11:54 pm  •  [Post 21187]

sacha wrote:
And I fucking hate to side with PZ on the subject of breasts, but really, breasts are not important



I am so not agreeing with PZ or you!
"It is science we are talking about here. It doesn't matter if you like the person making the argument. Sometimes the evidence supports the nice people and sometimes complete bastards are on the correct side of a scientific argument." -Strawkins
User avatar
Phil_Giordana_FCD
.
.
 
Posts: 5001
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 am
Location: Nice, France

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm  •  [Post 21188]

Skep tickle wrote:
sacha wrote:
Eskarina wrote:
PZM wrote:Wow. Jolie is a beautiful woman who makes a living as an actress, where looks can be important, and she discovered that she carried an allele of BRCA1 that puts her at a very high risk of coming down with breast cancer sometime in her life. She looked at her situation rationally — she is an atheist after all — and made the decision to get a preventive double mastectomy. She chose to maximize her chances of living a long life over preserving a secondary sexual characteristics.


I found this highlighted (by me) statement incredibly dumb. Since when is it a logical conclusion that atheist ==> rational? (Not that I criticise Jolie's decision.)

Oh, I forgot: he recently divorced scepticism and now has only atheism to fall back on. But atheism is bitch, PZ.

And it must chagrin Myers deeply that Jolie doesn't give a fuck what he thinks.



haha! I thought the same thing when reading that. I've been to a few atheist events and they were filled with people who believe in all sorts of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and logical fallacies. Give me a deist sceptic over a woo-believing atheist any day.

And I fucking hate to side with PZ on the subject of breasts, but really, breasts are not important, unless you want to breast feed a child, and they can rebuild breasts out of one's own fat and tissue from another part of their body, so "fake tits" is a spectrum.

Five of my primary care patients have had bilateral mastectomies, 3 for cancer and 2 for BRCA2. Ages ranged from 35-50 at the time of surgery. One had tissue expanders placed at the time of mastectomy (with implants later inserted surgically into the space formed); another had tissue expanders 15 yrs after her mastectomies, then implants. The other 3 have chosen to go without reconstruction. And I have quite a few patients who have had a unilateral mastectomy & chose not to have reconstruction.

Among my patients, the women who have had unilateral mastectomy typically wear a "prosthesis" (essentially stuffing to fill out that side of their bra) - but the 3 patients who have had bilateral mastectomies without reconstruction go braless and prosthesis-less, and tell me they find it kind of refreshing not to have to deal with breasts & bras. (Obviously, not everyone would have the same reaction.)

I periodically get nasty form letters from one insurance company or another informing me that I'm a Bad Doctor because my patient so-and-so hasn't had a mammogram in >2 yrs. I know they mean well, but it's irritating to have to KEEP telling them that that person doesn't have breasts...


this makes me smile a big smile. I completely understand that. Thanks in part to Nectar (thanks Nectar!), I've gone braless for nearly a year now, and I can't believe I wore those uncomfortable things for something like 34 years. Yes, even the soft, wireless, non-padded bras are uncomfortable. My tits will be down at my knees before long, but I don't fucking care. If I had my choice, I would trade mine in for a full A cup (ie. small) and with the weight and bouncing disappearing, braless would be fantastic.

I'm not sure how I would react upon seeing a completely flat chest in the mirror, I think I would probably get some reconstruction, but I'd certainly keep them small enough to go without a bra easily.

I may eventually just get them reduced to a small size, but it isn't inexpensive, and I don't see it as a priority.

My ex (now my best friend) told me a long time ago, when I told him I wanted small perky breasts "Don't go cutting off parts of your body, sacha!" He is the type that would find a woman who had a bilateral mastectomy without reconstruction, no less attractive. Knowing him, he would probably find it interesting.
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Wed May 15, 2013 12:01 am  •  [Post 21189]

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
sacha wrote:
And I fucking hate to side with PZ on the subject of breasts, but really, breasts are not important



I am so not agreeing with PZ or you!


for some reason this also makes me smile
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Postby sacha » Wed May 15, 2013 12:05 am  •  [Post 21190]

speaking of reconstruction, is creating breasts out of one's own fat and tissue still an option, SkepTickle?
"If you want to shame me about something, you've got to pick something I'm ashamed of" -franc
"humans as a whole are simply maladjusted animals with delusions of grandeur." -AndrewV69
It's s-a-C-h-a - with a C - as in cunt
User avatar
sacha
.
.
 
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am
Location: Gender Traitors International

PreviousNext

Return to Periodic Table of Swearing - The Undead Thread

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndrewV69, Angry_Drunk, Bing [PANIC], Cocheese, H. Korban, HoneyWagon, Mzone, Old_ones, Opyt, Phil_Giordana_FCD, Tribble and 11 guests