Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
katamari Damassi

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by katamari Damassi »

Apples wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Apples wrote:

McSpewan wrote that Obama was being "lascivious," which earned her a charge of playing into "problematic racial narratives." She dutifully revised her post.

http://www.shakesville.com/2013/04/quote-of-day_5.html
Interesting. I read through the thread and couldn't see who called McEwan out for "playing into racist tropes". Did she just decide to make the change herself but not memory hole it? I've seen plenty of posts get memory holed there before so why not this one if no one called her on it? False humility maybe? She usually goes all Queen of Hearts when criticized about something. I've only ever seen her relent once, and that was when her a bunch of her disciples surprisingly took her to task for criticizing Tina Fey over not displaying the scar on her face. For those who don't know, Fey was attacked by a random psycho when she was a child and has a prominent scar on her face. Fey is pretty nonchalant about it herself but knows that it upsets her parents. Well according to McEwan, Fey isn't being the proper victim and should be showing the damn thing off at every opportunity. I was actually surprised to see McEwan begrudgingly accept that she might be wrong about that.
At the bottom of the OP - not in the comments. She was called out on Twitter:

That explains it. A minority woman made the complaint. McEwan has to accept it as valid or show that she doesn't play by her own rules.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

katamari Damassi

Tony Parsehole wrote:JT Eberhard is such a smug git. He spoke at some random conference and now he thinks he's the next Hitchens. What an irrelevant little twat.
I never thought much of his as a blogger let alone as a speaker. Why Patheos took him on is incomprehensible to me.
Oh well, maybe his girlfriend will get bored cutting off her own body parts and decide to go after a few of his. Maybe start with that absurd do-rag bonded to his skull.

Post by Guest »

burple wrote:tl;dr PZ ran his mouth without actually bothering to gain any understanding of what the fuck he was talking about. Surprise!
well that would accurately describe the pz of the last umpteen years

welch

Post by welch »

BarnOwl wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 2d62fc.png

Because ... harassment? WAAAAAHHHH!!!11!!

Also, following talks from home pretty much means you're a non-attendee.

although to be fair, pointing out that Vacula has an attention whore streak is not exactly incorrect. Yes, we get it, they are not consistent with the enforcement of their policy. However, other than looking like "that guy", exactly what is your twitter thing accomplishing? It's not even funny.

Apples

when femsplainers and blacksplainers collide

Post by Apples »

katamari Damassi wrote:That explains it. A minority woman made the complaint. McEwan has to accept it as valid or show that she doesn't play by her own rules.
Jesus fucking christ. Just looked at the expanded twitter convo.

http://i.imgur.com/B4Ukr1e.jpg

And there's a bit more after that.

So calling a professional woman good-looking is "lascivious" and "misogynistic," except that it's not lascivious if a black man is doing it, and you can't say that a woman "chided" someone, because head-asplodey. Fuck all of these morons.

Apples

Post by Apples »

welch wrote:although to be fair, pointing out that Vacula has an attention whore streak is not exactly incorrect. Yes, we get it, they are not consistent with the enforcement of their policy. However, other than looking like "that guy", exactly what is your twitter thing accomplishing? It's not even funny.
Agreed. #notreallybraveorheroic

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

My speech from the 2012 PA State Atheist/Humanist conference concerning church/state issues in the state of Pennsylvania has been uploaded:

I am introduced at the 4m36s mark:

[youtube]k4hnjMzPFo8[/youtube]

More info, including text of an essay which inspired the speech, is here:

http://www.skepticink.com/justinvacula/ ... onference/

Enjoy!

Skep tickle

Re: #Skeptech

Post by Skep tickle »

justinvacula wrote:Hop on the hashtag for the SkepTech conference - #skeptech on Twitter

...discussion about conference policies, feminism, Rebecca Watson whether atheist/skeptic community is hostile to women

Skeptech Harassment Policy includes:
Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Perhaps tweeting w/ the #skeptech tag, from the conference, does not count as "any conference venue"? :think:

Perhaps insinuation, wink-wink-nudge-nudge, and mental imagery don't 'count' as 'sexual language and imagery'? :think:

Bunch of #skeptech tweets are referring to #SalaciousPosture (anyone know what that refers to?)
kittywhumpus ‏@kittywhumpus

I should probably go home now, because "pleasing grandma" sounded really dirty. #skeptech #SalaciousPosture
Miri M. ‏@sondosia

Watch out, #skeptech attendees, I don't want to offend you with my #SalaciousPosture.
PZ Myers ‏@pzmyers

Who would restrain the lust-crazed spectators? RT @sondosia @pzmyers time for a #SalaciousPosture-off? #skeptech
Robbie ‏@phyzit13 1h

#skeptech is so salaciously awesome that the only thing critics can complain about is a couple of paragraphs on the website
______

Also, Miri on Autism Spectrum Disorder and "physical symptoms/aggressive behavior" ... can I interpret this as saying "it's a guy thing"? (But maybe due to "roles", meaning culture, meaning...patriarchy...?? Rather than biological differences like, say, testosterone?)
Miri M. ‏@sondosia

Women tend to express ASD symptoms differently--less physical symptoms/aggressive behavior, more anxiety. Gender roles matter. #skeptech

Tony Parsehole

Re: when femsplainers and blacksplainers collide

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Apples wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:That explains it. A minority woman made the complaint. McEwan has to accept it as valid or show that she doesn't play by her own rules.

So calling a professional woman good-looking is "lascivious" and "misogynistic," except that it's not lascivious if a black man is doing it, and you can't say that a woman "chided" someone, because head-asplodey. Fuck all of these morons.
Holy shit. The "Newspeak Rulebook" contains more contradictions than the bible.

Apples

now I understand

Post by Apples »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

welch wrote: However, other than looking like "that guy", exactly what is your twitter thing accomplishing? It's not even funny.
I like to openly ridicule these conference policies, express skepticism concerning them, and put arguments forth against the nonsense that is going on in the atheist/skeptic communities and at conferences. Interacting with the conference hashtag and attendees is a great opportunity for that. I find this mode of skepticism to be effective and worth my time. The hypocrisy, too, is just glorious. It's not all about being funny, but some laughs may come in the process. Engagement with the #ftbullies, as you knwo, often yields some unintentional glorious results. Either way, I love the debate.

katamari Damassi

Re: now I understand

:popcorn:

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

justinvacula wrote:
welch wrote: However, other than looking like "that guy", exactly what is your twitter thing accomplishing? It's not even funny.
I like to openly ridicule these conference policies, express skepticism concerning them, and put arguments forth against the nonsense that is going on in the atheist/skeptic communities and at conferences. Interacting with the conference hashtag and attendees is a great opportunity for that. I find this mode of skepticism to be effective and worth my time. The hypocrisy, too, is just glorious. It's not all about being funny, but some laughs may come in the process. Engagement with the #ftbullies, as you knwo, often yields some unintentional glorious results. Either way, I love the debate.
http://moreorlessbunk.files.wordpress.c ... dmills.jpg

katamari Damassi

justinvacula wrote:
the FTBullies are ridiculous, but I don't have a problem with conferences having policies as long as they're not draconian. I couldn't imagine a policy written by Zvan even being implementable. Had Adria Richards followed Pycon's policy, 2 people would likely still have their jobs.

BarnOwl

Re: #Skeptech

Post by BarnOwl »

Skep tickle wrote:
Perhaps tweeting w/ the #skeptech tag, from the conference, does not count as "any conference venue"? :think:

Perhaps insinuation, wink-wink-nudge-nudge, and mental imagery don't 'count' as 'sexual language and imagery'? :think:

Bunch of #skeptech tweets are referring to #SalaciousPosture (anyone know what that refers to?)
kittywhumpus ‏@kittywhumpus

I should probably go home now, because "pleasing grandma" sounded really dirty. #skeptech #SalaciousPosture
Miri M. ‏@sondosia

Watch out, #skeptech attendees, I don't want to offend you with my #SalaciousPosture.
PZ Myers ‏@pzmyers

Who would restrain the lust-crazed spectators? RT @sondosia @pzmyers time for a #SalaciousPosture-off? #skeptech
Robbie ‏@phyzit13 1h

#skeptech is so salaciously awesome that the only thing critics can complain about is a couple of paragraphs on the website
They certainly love their shibboleths. Their conferences sound like mutual masturbation and back-patting sessions: same people, same in-jokes and weird rules, free to express their hypocrisies and bigotry.

Metalogic42

Re: when femsplainers and blacksplainers collide

Post by Metalogic42 »

Apples wrote:

This "lived experience" thing is getting so far out of hand it's ridiculous. It's gone from William Lane Craig's "witness of the holy spirit" to some batshit loon screaming "I FEEL the POWAH of the LAWD!!!" while waving snakes around and pretending to have a seizure.

katamari Damassi

Apparently Ana Mardoll's "lived experience" trumps objective reality. What a narcissist.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Is there this much butthurt and flouncing over "gendered" words for radfem speakers of languages that have nouns with gender?

Or is this one of the great joys of the Anglophone world? "My native language doesn't have gendered nouns, so I'm going to randomly assign gender to verbs and nouns in order to maximize outrage."

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Seriously, what the fuck? Do these people spend ALL their time carefully examining every word? What horribly pedantic lives they must lead...

katamari Damassi

Metalogic42 wrote:

Seriously, what the fuck? Do these people spend ALL their time carefully examining every word? What horribly pedantic lives they must lead...
Well I don't think we have to worry about those people taking over. They're way too busy with their hobby.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Metalogic42 wrote:

OMG. "Blind spot" comes from the focal lack of vision at the spot where the optic nerve meets the retina. "Tone deaf" comes from music, "relatively insensitive to differences in musical pitch". Just because the phrases contain the words "blind" and "deaf" doesn't make them ableist, IMO.

This kind of obsessive anxiety about a word possibly offending stunts and cripples the use of language.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Metalogic42 wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhh I can't decide if I should laugh or cry, hahahahahaha oh shit! :lol: :cry:

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Skep tickle wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

OMG. "Blind spot" comes from the focal lack of vision at the spot where the optic nerve meets the retina. "Tone deaf" comes from music, "relatively insensitive to differences in musical pitch". Just because the phrases contain the words "blind" and "deaf" doesn't make them ableist, IMO.

This kind of obsessive anxiety about a word possibly offending stunts and cripples the use of language.

ABLEIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apples

Post by Apples »

Skep tickle wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:

I prefer, "renders the use of language differently-abled."

Apples

Post by Apples »

Ninja'd!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Apples wrote:Ninja'd!
Stop appropriating asian culture!!!!!

(jeez, this is starting to hurt my brain already)

Altair

Post by Altair »

katamari Damassi wrote:Apparently Ana Mardoll's "lived experience" trumps objective reality. What a narcissist.
I used to read her blog a while ago. She writes deconstructions and analysis of books, which I found very interesting. She wrote a lot about Twilight and the Chronicles of Narnia, and I enjoyed reading her ideas, but over time it became clear that she sees everything through the feminism lens, and that gets really old after a while.

I just checked her blog and had to scroll by 4 posts about feminism (including one about Landsburg and one about Dawkins) to find a post about a Twilight chapter. It seems the focus of her blog has shifted.

Altair

Post by Altair »

BarnOwl wrote:Is there this much butthurt and flouncing over "gendered" words for radfem speakers of languages that have nouns with gender?

Or is this one of the great joys of the Anglophone world? "My native language doesn't have gendered nouns, so I'm going to randomly assign gender to verbs and nouns in order to maximize outrage."
Spanish has gendered nouns, and I've never seen any SJW or radfem using that particular line of thought. We do have our own problems with gender ideologies, but gendered words are not among them.

There was a certain attempt recently to use both words when referring to people, things like "medicos and medicas" (male doctors and female doctors) or "niños y niñas" (boys and girls), but it didn't gain much traction.

The only thing they got was people to start sharing a Facebook status that explains that in Spanish the male-gendered noun covers both genders, so the double word use was unnecessary. It had a disclaimer saying it didn't mean any disrespect towards women, just the way the language works. That post got both men AND women to say "heh, cool, thanks for posting that, it's good to learn stuff" and that was the end of it.

Maybe being used to a gendered language make people less likely to worry about which gender a word has? After all, both genders get their share of good and bad words (both war and peace are female nouns, while cancer and love are both male nouns).

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

For a change, Ophelia Benson comes across as a perfectly reasonable individual.
Still arguing about Amina and the protests and white-imperialist-Orientalist feminism. On Twitter for one.
this is where an intersectional approach is so vital. Attempting to impose white western “feminism” w/o listening to the very ppl they’re trying to “liberate” = doomed & counterproductive enterprise.
Sigh. “White western feminism” as opposed to the brown eastern kind which is just fine with arresting and whipping or stoning a woman who takes a picture of herself with her shirt off.

Don’t do that. Don’t pretend there’s “white western” feminism or human rights or liberalism as opposed to brown eastern ones. Human rights are universal; that is the whole point. The whole point is to make them exceptionless, because if we don’t we’re right back where we started – with “we have to kill all the Jews/Tutsis/Bosnian Muslims/gays/apostates/Hindus/whatever it is this weeks.”
Indeed, human rights are universal. Isn’t it paradoxical that the SJ warriors are often among the first to forget this? They often get so hopelessly lost in the intricacies of their privilege calculus that they end up defending oppressors rather than the oppressed.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -feminism/

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 0ba3b1.png

Don't worry PZ.
I'm here to help you wage war on the criminals that promote tentacle rape porn.
Anyone who would do such a thing is clearly a despicable misogynist who shouldnt be allowed near women - for safety reasons.

Wait!

I think I see one now!

http://i.imgur.com/dSyehmK.jpg

A celebration of biodiversity eh?

What's that you say PZ?
The link is borked and doesn't work anymore?
We will never be able to see what exactly you deem a celebration of biodiversity, its such a pity, such a sh...

But wait!

Do not fret!

The wayback machine has the page saved in its entirety!

(You're looking a little pale there PZ, as if the blood has suddenly drained out of your body...why is that?)

Let's peruse this glorious "celebration of biodiversity" to see what we find, shall we?

(Watch out - VERY NSFW!)

http://web.archive.org/web/200707160708 ... chive.html

Peezus Christ!

It's the October 15th post 'Tentacles of Desir' in case you are interested.

Perhaps, PZ, you might like to explain exactly what is happening in picture 2 -

You know, the one that is titled..."hentai tentacle rape"

It's unpixelated on the original site.

http://i.imgur.com/gx5VeQQ.jpg

Yes, that one has certainly got "tentacles everywhere"

It's the sort of picture that got one of our members promptly banned from the slymepit.

You know, I don't really care that tentacle rape porn is PZs 'thing'.
I presume that the models photographed in the rest of the pictures on that site are consenting adults.

It's the fucking hypocrisy that I can't stand.
The post shown is from his scienceblogs Pharyngula from before his PC feminist approved phase.

He hasn't apologized for his words in this post and I hardly think that it is in keeping with his current image (praising as a "celebration of biodiversity", a cartoon of a very young girl getting raped is not exactly in keeping with 'lifelong feminist' credentials)

Does he seriously think we are not able to remember when he wasn't wearing the mask of feminist piety?

Sorry PZ, the mask slipped again.

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

Ok, wow. I seriously need to follow McEwan more, for the lulz. Here's Obama's "misogynist" quote:
You have to be careful to, first of all, say she is brilliant and she is dedicated and she is tough, and she is exactly what you'd want in anybody who is administering the law, and making sure that everybody is getting a fair shake. She also happens to be, by far, the best looking attorney general in the country. It's true! C'mon.
Those cunts really are a step up even from the other femtheists.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Does he seriously think we are not able to remember when he wasn't wearing the mask of feminist piety?

dang....

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Ok, now I'm just confused: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 370#p76528

I don't get how this is ableist, even from a SJW point of view. Can someone explain?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Fuckin hell Strawkins - good find there. Course, Peez would probably argue that the post was from a long time ago, before he was 'properly' feminist.

Even though he's been a feminist since he was 15. Apparently.

welch

Post by welch »

justinvacula wrote:
What "debate"? To be blunt, you seem to have no ability to know when to stop. The first few points about how they were ignoring their own policy were decent, hell, PZ was pissed off enough. But now? Really? You just can't seem to stop, and it really does look like you want attention more than anything.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:Fuckin hell Strawkins - good find there. Course, Peez would probably argue that the post was from a long time ago, before he was 'properly' feminist.

It's a bit like when the Catholic Church tries to convince everyone that nobody knew that raping altar boys was wrong twenty years ago.

In the same way, before Elevatorgate feminists had no problem with cartoons of young girls getting raped!

It's only recently that they've realized this is bad!

Apples

Post by Apples »

Metalogic42 wrote:Ok, now I'm just confused: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 370#p76528

I don't get how this is ableist, even from a SJW point of view. Can someone explain?
Tardar/retard
Munchkin/dwarf

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

PZ used to be a sinner but he has since seen the Light.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Apples wrote:
Metalogic42 wrote:Ok, now I'm just confused: http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... 370#p76528

Tardar/retard
Munchkin/dwarf
Re: -ist Internet Memes

Postby LeftSidePositive » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 am
Overly attached girlfriend. Shaming girls for expressing their feelings and commitment in relationships since 2012.
WTF!
She's meant to be portraying a crazed stalker!
How come I get the feeling that Leftsidepositive would make overly attached girlfriend seem sane, meek and demure by comparison.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tigzy wrote:Fuckin hell Strawkins - good find there. Course, Peez would probably argue that the post was from a long time ago, before he was 'properly' feminist.

Haha, I was gonna say! Since he was 15. Hahaha!

Metalogic42

Post by Metalogic42 »

Apples wrote:

Tardar/retard
Munchkin/dwarf
*facepalm*

I hope they never find out about H.P. Lovecraft's cat.

windy

Post by windy »

acathode wrote:Checking in on the Carrier A+ vid, I just can't help feeling some petty satisfaction that it now have 1000+ thumbs down and a 63% red lightsaber. I know it's a pointless stat, but considering his article begging for upvotes... there's this Swedish proverb, "The only true joy is schadenfreude" .
I took his advice and went to watch the video, I'm still pissed off. "see if you can find anything in it that honestly deserves a downvote"?? I started making a list but there were too many. Atheists should be working to improve their image, like Coca-Cola? Coca-Cola is a corporation, you dipshit! (but if we go with that analogy, can we say that Atheism Plus is like New Coke?)

It's funny that when he says "the wider community" it sounds like "the whiter community"

Tony Parsehole

PZ's love/hate relationship with tentacle porn

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Nice one Strawkins.
Remind me to never piss you off.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Apples wrote:

Tardar/retard
Munchkin/dwarf
Re: -ist Internet Memes

Postby LeftSidePositive » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 am
Overly attached girlfriend. Shaming girls for expressing their feelings and commitment in relationships since 2012.
WTF!
She's meant to be portraying a crazed stalker!
How come I get the feeling that Leftsidepositive would make overly attached girlfriend seem sane, meek and demure by comparison.
Any "debate" with LeftSidePositive goes like this:
[youtube]7uSxmBSwgbc[/youtube]

Problem?

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Sorry mate. I can't help you there.
I do know that if somebody has the energy and desire to be pissed off by "grumpy cat" then life must be pretty fucking sweet. Privileged even.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 0ba3b1.png

Don't worry PZ.
Anyone who would do such a thing is clearly a despicable misogynist who shouldnt be allowed near women - for safety reasons.

Wait!

I think I see one now!

What's that you say PZ?
We will never be able to see what exactly you deem a celebration of biodiversity, its such a pity, such a sh...

But wait!

Do not fret!

(You're looking a little pale there PZ, as if the blood has suddenly drained out of your body...why is that?)

Let's peruse this glorious "celebration of biodiversity" to see what we find, shall we?

(Watch out - VERY NSFW!)

Peezus Christ!

It's the sort of picture that got one of our members promptly banned from the slymepit.

I presume that the models photographed in the rest of the pictures on that site are consenting adults.

The post shown is from his scienceblogs Pharyngula from before his PC feminist approved phase.

He hasn't apologized for his words in this post and I hardly think that it is in keeping with his current image (praising as a "celebration of biodiversity", a cartoon of a very young girl getting raped is not exactly in keeping with 'lifelong feminist' credentials)

Does he seriously think we are not able to remember when he wasn't wearing the mask of feminist piety?

Ha!
I just realized the hair color of the hentai rape girl!

This explains everything!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh Yes. Strong the butthurt is in this one (from Diddy Dickie's facebook page):

http://i.imgur.com/Pwk00WA.png

http://i.imgur.com/mHlnlA2.png

http://i.imgur.com/lOr85sP.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 0ba3b1.png

Don't worry PZ.

Wait!

I think I see one now!

What's that you say PZ?

But wait!

Do not fret!

(Watch out - VERY NSFW!)

Peezus Christ!

Ha!
I just realized the hair color of the hentai rape girl!

This explains everything!
UGH! And to think I was fapping over that not two minutes ago.

Skep tickle

Re: PZ's love/hate relationship with tentacle porn

Post by Skep tickle »

Tony Parsehole wrote:Nice one Strawkins.
Hoist on the petard of his own blog posting history. Life's a bitch, eh?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Dick Strawkins wrote: <snip>

<snip>

Any relevance, you think, to the blue hair? ....

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Carrier-Bag would have to go a looooooong fucking way to be more pathetic that he's being right now. He is practically begging for upvotes on a 40 minute long video. He'll be offering blowjobs next.
Carrier...... YOU ARE FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE. Pack it in.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Steersman wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: <snip>
Any relevance, you think, to the blue hair? ....
"Coises; foiled again!" Ninja'd by 4 minutes! :-)

Tony Parsehole

Re: PZ's love/hate relationship with tentacle porn

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Skep tickle wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Nice one Strawkins.
Hoist on the petard of his own blog posting history. Life's a bitch, eh?
Indeed. There's been a lot of nourishing Schadenfreude today and I think Strawkins find has been the tastiest of all. *omnomnom*

Apples

Post by Apples »

Tigzy wrote:Oh Yes. Strong the butthurt is in this one (from Diddy Dickie's facebook page):
What an unbelievable twat. "It's absurd this video is getting downvoted at all!" :lol: Can he really, really be that narcissistic and clueless? Yes, he can, and he is.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Apples wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Oh Yes. Strong the butthurt is in this one (from Diddy Dickie's facebook page):
"It's absurd this video is getting downvoted at all!"
Try and imagine Hitchens saying that.

Apples

moderation in all things

Post by Apples »

Meanwhile, over at the Great Atheoskeptic Debate of 2013:

[youtube]Fd9CxIlkjpk[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Strangely, the clueless motherfucker hasn't managed to bring his intellectual artillery to bear on the idea that begging for YT upvotes is a sure way to bring out the troll in people.

Unless Carrier's got such a hard-on for himself that he honestly believed the trolls would be swayed by the profundity and vigor of his wonderful arguments.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

Percentage wrote:Ok, wow. I seriously need to follow McEwan more, for the lulz. Here's Obama's "misogynist" quote:
You have to be careful to, first of all, say she is brilliant and she is dedicated and she is tough, and she is exactly what you'd want in anybody who is administering the law, and making sure that everybody is getting a fair shake. She also happens to be, by far, the best looking attorney general in the country. It's true! C'mon.
Those cunts really are a step up even from the other femtheists.
Obama was apparently trying to be good, in praising Harris in ways relevant to her performance as an attorney general, but IMO he was indeed tone deaf, in commenting on her looks and also in that awkwardly self-aware opening "you have to be careful to, first of all, say she is...". Looks aren't a criterion for the job, "best looking" is in the eye of the beholder, and - most of all - looks are a basis on which men only rarely get (explicitly, publicly) judged compared with how often it happens for women.

On the other hand, they're friends, and that may give him a comfort in commenting on personal characteristics and/or joshing with her that slipped out in what he said publicly about her and came across wrong. I find it hard to imagine him commenting on the looks of a woman with whom he had a purely professional relationship.

Apples

Post by Apples »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Apples wrote:
"It's absurd this video is getting downvoted at all!"
Try and imagine Hitchens saying that.
Makes me wonder whether he has ever actually read the A+ forums. Take everyone who has been banned there for ridiculous reasons plus the lurkers who witnessed it and you've got 900 downvotes right there.