Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I like the fact that he dissents.
I like that his Godwinning is obvious and without a hint of irony. Fuck you, Godwin!

:lol:
Has to be said, there was certainly some irony in his criticising you for conflating Teebo's dig at Grothe as acute homophobia...and then blithely going on to induce an explicit reducto ad Hitlerum from the fact.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Hey Justin did you realise that its possible to counter-claim a DMCA under threat of perjury. Even when you're not under oath. So say the lawyers of Ftb.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Dilurk wrote:Steersman is a quick learner. I think he'll be salvageable. I'm hoping anyway
I'm not sure. He seems a little bit slow on the uptake. He's still a bit Baboonish.

There's time yet...
Basing your arguments on clearly and easily discreditable points doesn’t seem particularly “fast” – more like shooting yourself in the feet. Nor likely to win many friends or converts. But then again, maybe you’re only trolling for the “lulz” or doing your part in some fifth column ....

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Steersman wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Dilurk wrote:Steersman is a quick learner. I think he'll be salvageable. I'm hoping anyway
I'm not sure. He seems a little bit slow on the uptake. He's still a bit Baboonish.

There's time yet...
Basing your arguments on clearly and easily discreditable points doesn’t seem particularly “fast” – more like shooting yourself in the feet. Nor likely to win many friends or converts. But then again, maybe you’re only trolling for the “lulz” or doing your part in some fifth column ....
:D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

On Twitter, Jean Kazez criticises Justin:
Jean Kazez ‏@JeanKazez
@justinvacula Could you get my name out of your latest post? I really dislike your campaign against @surlyamy. Going after her art
Strange seeing Jean get so upset over this trivial affair, when there have been far more serious "bullying" episodes in the A/S community in the last year or so.

franc

Post by franc »

Saint N. wrote:
Lousy Canuck wrote: “The Other Atheist” is one of Franc Hoggle / Victor Ivanoff‘s pseudonyms, by the way.
Since they're still clueless retarded enough to believe that franc is Victor Ivanoff, does that mean that they're intentionally doc dropping someone's "identity"?
That's because they are too cowardly to say I am Keyser Söze.

What was it that Myers prize heifer, that represents ALL Australian godless women, Chrys Stevenson said again? "First Victor has noted that at the GAC I had to vouch for him as he arrived without ID. That is correct. I have no reason to lie about that." No evidence of any kind, never saw anything that looked like an ID, reconstructed memory, hope for the best. Doesn't matter if someone else gets sprayed. There's a corpse on a gibbet. That's all that counts.

Baboons in action.

franc

Post by franc »

franc wrote:
Saint N. wrote:What was it that Myers prize heifer, that represents ALL Australian godless women, Chrys Stevenson said again? "First Victor has noted that at the GAC I had to vouch for him as he arrived without ID. That is correct. I have no reason to lie about that." No evidence of any kind, never saw anything that looked like an ID, reconstructed memory, hope for the best. Doesn't matter if someone else gets sprayed. There's a corpse on a gibbet. That's all that counts.
And this is just for the ping back Chrys, you Rosemary's Baby extra -

https://thatsmyphilosophy.wordpress.com ... isability/

cunt

Post by cunt »

"Going after her art". The latest from the idiots who brought you "we treat women as human-beings". Excuse me while I take a long fart.

Loose CK

Post by Loose CK »

We need a "Don't call me Surly" ceramic meme generator.
surly.jpg
(40.73 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

CommanderTuvok wrote:On Twitter, Jean Kazez criticises Justin:
Jean Kazez ‏@JeanKazez
@justinvacula Could you get my name out of your latest post? I really dislike your campaign against @surlyamy. Going after her art
Strange seeing Jean get so upset over this trivial affair, when there have been far more serious "bullying" episodes in the A/S community in the last year or so.
Im glad some of you like her work, but I just think shes a bleached asshole.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Funny how commenters on the blog of 'Lousy Canuck' are saying I'm just a troll who wants to be internet famous. That's pretty funny! Of course I haven't been named in church/state lawsuits, featured on national news multiple times, invited to speak for secular groups and at conferences, invited to speak for a college-level course, lauded by Freethought Blogs bloggers for my activism concerning the "Atheists." bus ads...

franc

Post by franc »

Steersman wrote:You argue that she is supposedly clever and Internet-savvy enough to have used sock-puppets, yet isn’t enough so to “put a raw IP into a browser”? Something does not compute, Captain ....
Point me to ONE SINGLE THING about any baboon that "computes". OK, this is going in circles, bits and pieces everywhere, no one seems to get the flow of events. This is all fetched from Sally "one bourbon, one scotch and one box of xanax" Strange's twitter feed. This is how it unfolded -

Sally gets cornered for evidence on twitter after slandering TF
Sally gets evasive and denies everything
Sally burbles it was different IPs
Sally says she has the other IP
Sally gets demands for TF to tweet the IP then
Sally says TF gave it to her and its from New Jersey (provides no IP)
Sally gets a pat and asked for TF to tweet IP again
Sally is silent
franc browses past the fake TF giving the goatse mirror IP to Sally on TF's blog
franc does a location look up and finds it's in New Jersey
franc has an "ahah! experience" as he connects the dots

Is everyone clear?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

franc wrote:Is everyone clear?
Everone except Steersboy.

DownThunder

Post by DownThunder »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:For those who wish to believe that sweet Beccy Whatnot is not a privileged white gal who has some suspicious leanings towards racism, please remember this tweet, which came up during The Thread's original incarnation:

https://twitter.com/rebeccawatson/statu ... 7006171136

She found it hilarious that people were comparing the African American cis-presenting heterosexual able-bodied male known as Chris Brown as a piece of broccoli. I think it was to do with his hairstyle, and I'm fairly sure there was a racistically photoshopped image to go along with the meme.

Time to browse the archives.
Ask and ye shall receive.

Sources:

http://twitter.com/rebeccawatson
watson racism2 - Copy.jpg
(231.2 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
watson racism1 - Copy.jpg
(69.63 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Greta Christina mentions "Atheists." bus ad issue I am involved in at the Reason Rally:
(more info: http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/02/rea ... nsive.html)

[youtube]zRNxy-ElnEI[/youtube]

4:44 mark

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:Funny how commenters on the blog of 'Lousy Canuck' are saying I'm just a troll who wants to be internet famous. That's pretty funny! Of course I haven't been named in church/state lawsuits, featured on national news multiple times, invited to speak for secular groups and at conferences, invited to speak for a college-level course, lauded by Freethought Blogs bloggers for my activism concerning the "Atheists." bus ads...
Seriously? I know the branding of anyone opposing the Baboon as a troll (along with a whole shedload of other meaningless tags and insults) is an old tactic, but an accusation that you're doing this to become "internet famous". Ha ha. It's not often I hear of the old "you're only doing this get famous" insult. It's pretty shit, and I didn't think the Baboons would stoop to such shitty arguments. Still, these are the same people who completely fail to see Rebecca Watson's publicity seeking activities.

franc

Post by franc »

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:Greta Christina mentions "Atheists." bus ad issue I am involved in at the Reason Rally:
(more info: http://www.justinvacula.com/2012/02/rea ... nsive.html)

[youtube]zRNxy-ElnEI[/youtube]

4:44 mark
Hold on! Messages on buses? Why, that mut be HARASSMENT and BULLYING towards all those fragile religious people who can't take any criticism!!! Us atheists and skeptics can handle mockery, criticism, satire and messages on buses and T-shirts, and whatnot. Oh, hold on a second...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
I like that his Godwinning is obvious and without a hint of irony. Fuck you, Godwin!

Has to be said, there was certainly some irony in his criticising you for conflating Teebo's dig at Grothe as acute homophobia...and then blithely going on to induce an explicit reducto ad Hitlerum from the fact.
So maybe you think that that “conflating” isn’t morally reprehensible? That it doesn’t call for some serious condemnation? That it should be swept under the rug as “my cause, right or wrong”?

Can’t see that there was much irony in the criticism itself, but I can say there wasn’t any blitheness in using sarcasm to condemn it as the same sort of political opportunism manifested by Goebbels.

Even if Cabin-Boy Toothless Fuck [his arguments, not his mouth] can only dream of such glory as he wears his “Commander of the Empire” uniform ....

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I think Steersman is the Slymepit's counterpart to Strange Gods Before Me (aum thingy).

Don't get cross, Steers - I actually kind of admire SGBM.
Steersman is a quick learner. I think he'll be salvageable. I'm hoping anyway.

Steersman. Don't you fucking let me down you cunt.
I like the fact that he dissents. Wherever possible, admittedly. I'd rather have a Slimepit where any flaws are quickly pointed out rather than have it succumb to the near-totalitarian atmosphere of FfTB (despite SGBM's best efforts - but he's really more a brutal reflection of your average baboon anyway)
I have to say that I enjoy the diversity of thoughts and opinions presented by most, if not all, of the pitizens; pedants all, or not.

Steersman's self appointed role in this seems to be skeptical compass. And I'm hoping that he isn't salvageable - I don't want this self organised community to become a group think repository.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:

So maybe you think that that “conflating” isn’t morally reprehensible? That it doesn’t call for some serious condemnation? That it should be swept under the rug as “my cause, right or wrong”?

Can’t see that there was much irony in the criticism itself, but I can say there wasn’t any blitheness in using sarcasm to condemn it as the same sort of political opportunism manifested by Goebbels.

Even if Cabin-Boy Toothless Fuck [his arguments, not his mouth] can only dream of such glory as he wears his “Commander of the Empire” uniform ....

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

KiwiInOz wrote:And I'm hoping that he isn't salvageable
Don't worry - he isn't.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Don't worry - he isn't.
And you two are like an old married couple. :romance-ballandchain:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

franc wrote:
Steersman wrote:You argue that she is supposedly clever and Internet-savvy enough to have used sock-puppets, yet isn’t enough so to “put a raw IP into a browser”? Something does not compute, Captain ....
Point me to ONE SINGLE THING about any baboon that "computes". OK, this is going in circles, bits and pieces everywhere, no one seems to get the flow of events. This is all fetched from Sally "one bourbon, one scotch and one box of xanax" Strange's twitter feed. This is how it unfolded -

Sally gets cornered for evidence on twitter after slandering TF
Sally gets evasive and denies everything
Sally burbles it was different IPs
Sally says she has the other IP
Sally gets demands for TF to tweet the IP then
Sally says TF gave it to her and its from New Jersey (provides no IP)
Sally gets a pat and asked for TF to tweet IP again
Sally is silent
franc browses past the fake TF giving the goatse mirror IP to Sally on TF's blog
franc does a location look up and finds it's in New Jersey
franc has an "ahah! experience" as he connects the dots

Is everyone clear?
I’ll admit that “the confusion makes the head go round”. And likewise that they really aren’t coming up smelling much like roses. But that isn’t sufficient reason to let “due diligence” go by the boards ....
OK, this is going in circles, bits and pieces everywhere, no one seems to get the flow of events. This is all fetched from Sally "one bourbon, one scotch and one box of xanax" Strange's twitter feed.
Pretty hard to “get the flow of events” when one doesn’t have access to her “twitter feed” and how the time-stamps therein relate to the posts on Thunderfoot’s blog. You, perchance, have that to back up your argument?

And I note that you never did provide me a timestamp for the Twitter post in the Pharwrongula page when I asked for it sometime back ... maybe I missed it?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Don't worry - he isn't.
And you two are like an old married couple. :romance-ballandchain:

Now, that is funny ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Don't worry - he isn't.
Coming from you that is a fucking joke. You might want to take another look in the mirror:
Commander Tuvok’s Profile wrote:Calling out bullies on the FreeThoughtBlogs network. Bashing hypocrisy. Whipping lies.
More like manifesting hypocrisy and whipping up lies.....

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

:violence-hammer:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Steersman wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Don't worry - he isn't.
Coming from you that is a fucking joke. You might want to take another look in the mirror:
Commander Tuvok’s Profile wrote:Calling out bullies on the FreeThoughtBlogs network. Bashing hypocrisy. Whipping lies.
More like manifesting hypocrisy and whipping up lies.....
:D

franc

Post by franc »

Steersman wrote:Pretty hard to “get the flow of events” when one doesn’t have access to her “twitter feed” and how the time-stamps therein relate to the posts on Thunderfoot’s blog. You, perchance, have that to back up your argument?
For fucks sake, I posted the screencaps. Now I suppose I have to backtrack through the thread and find it for you? Should I hold your dick while you pee too? No. How about you do it.
And I note that you never did provide me a timestamp for the Twitter post in the Pharwrongula page when I asked for it sometime back ... maybe I missed it?
Aside from twitter losing accurate timestamps once an hour has ticked over, plus the issue of unknown timezones, not really possible. It was the same day. You are JUST as capable as me of researching stuff. You however prefer to sit on your ass, nitpick shortcomings and expect everyone to come crawling with silver platters. ALL of the folks here do their bit to research stuff. If YOU are not prepared to share the load, you have NO right to post continuous demands. Clear?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Franc, I've come to the conclusion he's a troll.

That's why I've been winding him up like a kipper.

:D :D :D :D :D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I think he's a bit upset and angry as well. He's taken a look at my profile.

Desperate stuff.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Got blocked and told to 'fuck off' by Rhys following one tweet...apparently the moral implications of filing DMCAs don't matter if the recipient is "vile and morally bankrupt."

http://i.imgur.com/mGyE4.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:Got blocked and told to 'fuck off' by Rhys following one tweet...apparently the moral implications of filing DMCAs don't matter if the recipient is "vile and morally bankrupt."

You know what this reminds me of - Cuntgate. When CLS was accused of calling Rebecca Watson a cunt, PZ and Queen Bee were caught out lying. Red handed. Gotcha. Go sit down on the naughty mat. Anyway, PZ tried to divert attention by claiming the fuss was about people getting blocked on Twitter.

Now Rhys is employing a similar tactic in trying to deflect attention away from the DMCA. Rhys is very much a lackey of PZ and Ophelia, so he is too caught up in Baboon Groupthink to consider your POV. He regards you as an enemy, because you are on the list of Baboon enemies.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I think Steersman is the Slymepit's counterpart to Strange Gods Before Me (aum thingy).

Don't get cross, Steers - I actually kind of admire SGBM.
Steersman is a quick learner. I think he'll be salvageable. I'm hoping anyway.

Steersman. Don't you fucking let me down you cunt.
I like the fact that he dissents. Wherever possible, admittedly. I'd rather have a Slimepit where any flaws are quickly pointed out rather than have it succumb to the near-totalitarian atmosphere of FfTB (despite SGBM's best efforts - but he's really more a brutal reflection of your average baboon anyway)
I have to say that I enjoy the diversity of thoughts and opinions presented by most, if not all, of the pitizens; pedants all, or not.

Steersman's self appointed role in this seems to be skeptical compass. ...
I’m a long ways away from saying that any particular direction is the preferred one. Only pointing out some discrepancies between the direction some say they are heading in and the direction they actually seem to be heading ...
And I'm hoping that he isn't salvageable - I don't want this self organised community to become a group think repository.
I’ll agree, have argued, that group-think is a serious problem. Although it seems one might reasonably argue, on not a small amount of evidence, that this community has still organized itself around some highly questionable dogma of its own. But I can’t see that riding madly off in all directions helps matters much at all ....

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
justinvacula wrote:Got blocked and told to 'fuck off' by Rhys following one tweet...apparently the moral implications of filing DMCAs don't matter if the recipient is "vile and morally bankrupt."

You know what this reminds me of - Cuntgate. When CLS was accused of calling Rebecca Watson a cunt, PZ and Queen Bee were caught out lying. Red handed. Gotcha. Go sit down on the naughty mat. Anyway, PZ tried to divert attention by claiming the fuss was about people getting blocked on Twitter.

Now Rhys is employing a similar tactic in trying to deflect attention away from the DMCA. Rhys is very much a lackey of PZ and Ophelia, so he is too caught up in Baboon Groupthink to consider your POV. He regards you as an enemy, because you are on the list of Baboon enemies.
A commenter on the Canuck thread considered the entire post a troll/de-rail because the real issue is censorship and DMCA.

Oh, but that's wrong...we all know 'Surly Amy' can do no wrong!

franc

Post by franc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I think he's a bit upset and angry as well. He's taken a look at my profile.

Desperate stuff.

Hairs breadth from going into my collapsed comment bin. I dislike overuse of "troll". It used to be an artform, corrupted as all things have been once consumer internet became ubiquitous. He's a time waster.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Claiming 'Witch of the Week' status by the way...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

mandrellian says: (http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... ment-76859)
August 17, 2012 at 1:00 am ADT
They may self-identify as skeptical, reasonable people but for some reason, just on this one topic, they act a great deal more like tribal zealots than any common or garden religious fundamentalist.
He's making a sweeping generalisation about people who oppose the Baboons. Thing is, it sounds like he is referring to the Baboons.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Steersman, as http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 6800#p8112 , said:
But I really can’t see there is any credibility in arguing that he is a "fatuous, self-centered, woefully ignorant retard, who only sees in pure black and white”.
That's because, unlike me, and many of us long timers, yo have not been dealing with that fatuous, self-centered, woefully ignorant retard who only sees in pure black and white, for over a year now. Had you been so, er, unfortunate, you would agree that he is a fatuous, self-centered, woefully ignorant retard, who only sees in pure black and white -- unless you are in fact some kind of disputatious-just-because kind of person, as you sometimes seem. Your ongoing oblique defense of FfTB and Skepchick hypocrisy and dishonesty is becoming very tiresome, especially in light of the fact that you consistently misrepresent them in a false positive light because you have not had anywhere near enough time here, or there, to be as familiar with their history and their tactics as we are.

franc, at http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 6800#p8123 , said:
And I think you are missing the point

Well, as I said, I could be wrong. I certainly have been before, and I will be again. But being shown the error of my evil, evil ways, is always a, well, not pleasant, but a rewarding experience.

Tuvok, at http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 6800#p8145 , said:
Kazez is extremely inconsistent. Sometimes she seems highly reasonable and rational; at other times she is almost indistinguishable from a full rank Baboolie.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/ZomhC.jpg

Yes, but? How dare he use coordinating conjunctions! C'mon Greta, go after him for that!

In all seriousness, here is more distortion and refusing to admit that DMCA is bullying/reprehensible.

So what if the automated system told me the post could be restored? The filing of a DMCA in the first place TOOK THE POST DOWN and results in censorship. It's complete nonsense. 'Surly Amy,' if she filed it, could have -- outside of DMCA or automated system -- sent me a message asking to take the image down (as she apparently did with Thunderf00t).

He's defending the indefensible.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

justinvacula wrote:http://i.imgur.com/ZomhC.jpg

Yes, but? How dare he use coordinating conjunctions! C'mon Greta, go after him for that!

In all seriousness, here is more distortion and refusing to admit that DMCA is bullying/reprehensible.

So what if the automated system told me the post could be restored? The filing of a DMCA in the first place TOOK THE POST DOWN and results in censorship. It's complete nonsense. 'Surly Amy,' if she filed it, could have -- outside of DMCA or automated system -- sent me a message asking to take the image down (as she apparently did with Thunderf00t).

He's defending the indefensible.
Have you actually read the comments on that LC thread! Makes me want to vomit.

Up near the top, comment 21ish, I think, makes reference of the fact that Dawkins, Harris and Dennett don't have to face rape threats or death threats from fellow atheists and skeptics. I took this to mean that there is a claim Amy has faced rape threats and death threats. Can anybody clarify this?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/pxEaq.jpg

Nonsense. The address of 'Surly Amy' is public information. It seems she has trademarked "Art You Can Wear" (really??!?) and "Surly-Ramics."

http://www.slymepit.com/staticimgs/orlyeh.jpg

Pool's closed!

...and no, this isn't a threat or doc-dropping.

EDITING TO FIX UNWISE POSTING
Last edited by Lsuoma on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Personal information removed at request of OP.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oh, and where did this term "Entity" come from?

Have they dropped "vacuous shitbag troll"?

:)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Looking at that complex, I didn't realise how privileged Amy is.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Oh, and where did this term "Entity" come from?
C'mon, Tuvok, get a fucking grip:

Crystaline Entity

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R2rD3qZe3-Q/T ... ntity.jpeg

PeeZus Surly Cripes!

franc

Post by franc »

KiwiInOz wrote:Steersman's self appointed role in this seems to be skeptical compass. ...
More like a jesuit in skeptic's clothing. Here is the word I was fishing for but it kept jumping off the hook -

ca·su·ist·ry
n. pl. ca·su·ist·ries
1. Specious or excessively subtle reasoning intended to rationalize or mislead.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/JY3yA.jpg

The entire post was commentary and criticism of 'Surly Amy's' ideas [concerning feminism]! She, as the creator of the jewelry, and as a public figure, was the recipient of criticism by my blogging fingers. Skepchick and Mad Art Lab use images all the time. I suppose they should similarly be DMCAd because the "Common Sense" approach is wrong.

It's funny how Zvan and others are continuing to believe that 'Surly Amy' is this pristine individual who did nothing wrong. Apparently, even immoral legal actions could be defended if you happen to write for Skepchick. I wonder...if I filed a DMCA against a FTB person concerning a photo of mine they offered criticism on and/or offered criticism of my dieas...what the response would be? Of course, I would be a horrible person using legal methods in an immoral fashion. Amy, though, gets a free pass. Apparently, my counter-claim wasn't nice and the DMCA was totally morally justified. Maybe Amy should think about being nice to me, 'Entity' for a change. I still would like one example of me not being nice to her.

:clap:

franc

Post by franc »

John Greg wrote:franc, at http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 6800#p8123 , said:
And I think you are missing the point

Well, as I said, I could be wrong. I certainly have been before, and I will be again. But being shown the error of my evil, evil ways, is always a, well, not pleasant, but a rewarding experience.
The only way that Becky/golliwog pic could be made more perfect is if it were taken inside a glasshouse.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lsuoma wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Oh, and where did this term "Entity" come from?
C'mon, Tuvok, get a fucking grip:

Crystaline Entity

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-R2rD3qZe3-Q/T ... ntity.jpeg

PeeZus Surly Cripes!
The early episodes of ST:TNG were so sloppy I have erased them from memory. I'm more of a Voyager man myself. The security officer on that show was awesome.

;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote: The early episodes of ST:TNG were so sloppy I have erased them from memory. I'm more of a Voyager man myself. The security officer on that show was awesome.

;)
Hey, you! Get off my lawn!!

franc

Post by franc »

Enjoy -

https://twitpic.com/akcdnu

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2laxy14.jpg

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/ywwjl.jpg

Go with Occam's Razor and use threatened male privilege as an explanation?!?!?!?

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

C'mon, admit it...someone here is pulling off a great poe.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John Greg wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:16 pm
Steersman wrote:But I really can’t see there is any credibility in arguing that he is a "fatuous, self-centered, woefully ignorant retard, who only sees in pure black and white”.

... unless you are in fact some kind of disputatious-just-because kind of person, as you sometimes seem. Your ongoing oblique defence of FfTB and Skepchick hypocrisy and dishonesty is becoming very tiresome ...
Sorry about that chief, but I think you’re misreading me. For one thing I’ve said, probably, a dozen times, that I’ve been banned at both Pharyngula and Butterflies & Wheels for using “bad werdz” and have consistently said that the actions of many of them over in that camp are, or appear to be, egregiously hypocritical, if not criminal – for starters.
.. especially in light of the fact that you consistently misrepresent them in a false positive light because you have not had anywhere near enough time here, or there, to be as familiar with their history and their tactics as we are.
That’s true: I haven’t had the same amount of experience and exposure that some here have had, and certainly much less than all of you. But many of you seem to be of the view that simply opening a page here is sufficient to cause the entire corpus to be downloaded instantaneously into the brain of anyone doing so.

The only way of acquiring that information, apart from reading some 7000 posts and all of the related links which would probably take at least until the end of the decade, is by questioning various people on various topics and discussing them. And from the actions and statements of some here, I would say there are some reasonable questions about the credibility of the claims made, that there might be a fly or two in the ointment ....

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ERV wrote:Im glad some of you like her work, but I just think shes a bleached asshole.
Wait what? Has that gone mainstream now? Only women I ever knew with bleached assholes were porn stars and strippers.

astrokid.nj

Post by astrokid.nj »

justinvacula wrote: So what if the automated system told me the post could be restored? The filing of a DMCA in the first place TOOK THE POST DOWN and results in censorship. It's complete nonsense. 'Surly Amy,' if she filed it, could have -- outside of DMCA or automated system -- sent me a message asking to take the image down (as she apparently did with Thunderf00t).
Justin, you are being a bit naive here. Sure.. she could have talked to you directly about it, if she were to think like a responsible autonomous person. But she isnt like that. Why do you think feminism 'made the personal political' back in the 60s-70s? They took lots of things which you and I would handle on a personal basis.. and got someone else (the State) to act as an intermediary. The fact that YOU think its censorship (and therefore injustice).. she doesnt give a damn. Plenty of women are like that.. and its cross cultural. They dont deal with conflict directly.. they have indirect ways of dealing with it.

franc

Post by franc »

AndrewV69 wrote:
ERV wrote:Im glad some of you like her work, but I just think shes a bleached asshole.
Wait what? Has that gone mainstream now? Only women I ever knew with bleached assholes were porn stars and strippers.
That's so yesterday. This is now.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

franc

Post by franc »

Steersman wrote:And I note that you never did provide me a timestamp for the Twitter post in the Pharwrongula page when I asked for it sometime back ... maybe I missed it?
Extracted it: 5:09 PM somewhere US time - 12 Aug, which corresponds to +/- several hours of 01:09AM - 13 Aug London Time

TF thread items 12:06AM / 12:07AM - 13 Aug London Time

Lotsa variables as to how the hour is calculated, but no greater than 2 hours each way. I think the important one is the minute, which is quite likely 2 minutes after the post. The rest stands -
franc wrote:You are JUST as capable as me of researching stuff. You however prefer to sit on your ass, nitpick shortcomings and expect everyone to come crawling with silver platters. ALL of the folks here do their bit to research stuff. If YOU are not prepared to share the load, you have NO right to post continuous demands. Clear?
LOOK UP SHIT YOURSELF BEFORE DEMANDING ANSWERS. You do sound like a Jesuit - endless innocent questions with one actual intent: to misdirect and confuse. Either participate here as a member AND contributor, or FUCK OFF. You just waste people's time with your sophist charlatanism.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Rhys Morgan.
Hero to Zero, courtesy of Rebecca Watson and her poisonous circus.