Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Old subthreads
Aneris

Re: Jim the Pleb Made Me Do It

Post by Aneris »

Ophelia on muslim sluts.
Ophelia Benson wrote:You’ll have to click the link to get the full effect. I’ll just say it’s not an accident that you see men first and then women. Last of all is the brazen slut with no hijab.
http://www.freezepage.com/1363311556YKKRZYVAYB
http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... personnel/

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

<Trigger Alert: Link Whoring>

Starting a blog. Well of course I am after being banned from every other blog except this one. My main focus will be criticism of other blogs, but more in a logical sense than an ideological one. I'm terrible at this websiting stuff, though, so tips are appreciated. Also, submissions for articles you feel are worthy of a good critique.

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:
JAB wrote:
cunt wrote:
JAB wrote:
cunt wrote:
Right, totally not a result of neo-liberalist interventionist policy. How many barrels of crude have been exported from Kosovo so far?
Was that supposed to rebut the quote? Because I thought Kosovo was full of white people. I think the US only got in to the extent they did because the others in NATO did anyway. I know they mostly rule nato, but ocassionally you have to go along, especially when you don't have to commit ground troops.
It rebuts the quote, dipshit, because it shows an example of a war without a resource goal.
But the quote, asshole, only says the US needs a resource interest to fight for nonwhites, because it doesn't care about oppressed nonwhites. The implication, I would have thought from that quote, was that the US would care about oppressed white people, like one might find in Kosovo.
Right, when they commit troops to former yugoslavia its because they're white. Why they'd care about that is never actually explained, but lets go on the assumption that the US congress is made up of KKK members.
What resources does kosovo have? fuck nothing. Yet, with no real reward, we felt the need to STOP THE HORRIBLE GENOCIDE, including committing, for the time, pretty new hardware. (so there could have been a desire to test shit out ala the Nazis and Spain. It was the first time the B-1B and the B-2 were used in combat IIRC. Unsure about the B-2 there.)

What resources does the Sudan have? It's about the same status as Kosovo. Lots of stuff, but nothing in HUGE quantities you can't get from somewhere else. Yet from 1955 to 1972, there was an active civil war there. That's actually longer than active combat in Vietnam. Four presidents were in office for that, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon. They did? Fuck all nothing.

The current problem has been running since 1983, with the exception of a six month cease fire negotiated by...Jimmy Carter, but in 1996. So now we have as US presidents: Regan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama. They've done? Fuck all nothing. Oh, we say "tut tut" a lot, and make the sad face. But really? commit actual troops to that shit?

Honkey please, it's just a bunch of darkies with nothing we need. Killin' each other's what they like to do. It's african foosball or something, fuck if I know.

Pick any one of a dozen countries in africa. The assholes in charge could eat babies in a press conference, and we'd do naught but Robin Williams' joke about British Bobbies: "STOP! or I'll say STOP again!"

North Korea? Anyone? anyone? fuck, there's confirmed cannibalism. Them yellow bastards is EATIN' EACH OTHER 'CAUSE THEY'S STARVIN' and we do????

nothing.

So yeah. If the population aren't honkies, and there's no natural resources, or they didn't attack us, aka, intimate we have smaller dicks, then no, we won't do shit.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

Git wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: You despise collectivism, but accuse everyone who badmouthes Israel as an anti-semite. Hmm.
No, I don't actually. If you make the same or similar criticisms of Israel that you make of any other nation state, then we may disagree, but that's categorically not anti-Semitism.
Well, that's progress.
Pitchguest wrote: Anyway. About the oil, yes, they got Saddam Hussein out of office. Hurray! But that wasn't the reason why they invaded, was it? That's really one of the questions that Hitchens sort of scarpered at, when asked about the purpose of the war. It wasn't to joust Saddam from power, or bin Laden (because they had information he was in Afghanistan several months before)... so what do we have left? Oil. Saddam's removal was an unintended consequence. Bush himself even said that he wasn't even looking for bin Laden anymore (which considering he had been holed up in his home the entire time, it's most likely true).
Git wrote:International Politics being what it is, I didn't really care that they said they'd invaded Iraq for whatever reason and it subsequently turned out to be false or whatever. That they got rid of Saddam was good enough for me. Never look a gift-horse in the mouth and all that. Perfect is not the enemy of good

Where Oil comes into it, apart from being the lifeblood of what we're typing on at the minute, is that its clear that Russia, China and France wanted to keep Saddam in power specifically for the oil (and that they were also the ones selling weapons to Saddam).

Perhaps it might have been better if the Nelson Mandela International Peace Brigades were the ones to topple Saddam, but they weren't available, and the US/British Armies were. Perfect is not the enemy of good, again.

It boils down to this: someone up-thread mentioned the drive for ideological purity that the extremes of both left and right demand. I reject this. If Nick Griffin says breathing oxygen is good, I'm not going to suffocate myself even if he is a racist fuckwit. Its like with the godfather of the modern Green Movement - George Monbiot. Whilst I despise like 95% of what he says, when he talks about how we need massive adoption of Nuclear Power to combat AGW, this is where I can agree with him.

When Peezus happily goes after a creationist, I can sit and applaud him, even though I think he's a fucking small-minded fool otherwise.

Again, we have got to get over this concept of Perfect being the Enemy of Good, which incidentally infects SJW thinking for example also.
Actually, rather to my surprise, I agree with almost all of that. Since I have previously thought you were mad as a mongoose, either I've finally (and understandably) lost my mind or perhaps (just perhaps) the argument is indeed more important than the one making it.

Anyways, from the land of the individually-wrapped cheese slice, enjoy the Brie.

welch

Post by welch »

Git wrote:Oh, and I hate isolationism, Pitchguest. The same isolationism that led to thousands of Bosnians getting massacred by Serbs whilst diplomats grew fat on their fois-gras and cunts like Hurd the Turd stopped Bosnians defending themselves in order to enforce "a level killing field". I grew up with the imagery of the Berlin Wall falling (and as an aside, to this day, more walls are being built in that sectarian shithole I sadly call my homeland). The US and British Armies who overthrew Saddam should have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Yeah. Iraq is fucking PARADISE NOW.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Git wrote:
AbsurdWalls wrote:You must not have seen what he said regarding Julian Assange.
Oh bloody hell, don't get me started on him, I'm liable to go up to 11.

Anyway, SWP = Sex-Without-Permission.
Oh! Do tell!!!

/bats eyelashes.

welch

Post by welch »

Git wrote:
Pitchguest wrote: You despise collectivism, but accuse everyone who badmouthes Israel as an anti-semite. Hmm.
No, I don't actually. If you make the same or similar criticisms of Israel that you make of any other nation state, then we may disagree, but that's categorically not anti-Semitism.
yeah, that's handy. Because it means that if you dare to criticize it for the oversized influence the jewish religion has in the government, and how hasidim and other similar sects are given special status within the law, well, you can't really say that about any other nation state, so therefore, ANTI-SEMITE!

cunt

Post by cunt »

Oh shit, there might be a bunch of dead white guys on the news. We'd better commit our white guys to fight some other white guys in order to protect some foreign white guys. Heil Hitler.

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:Oh shit, there might be a bunch of dead white guys on the news. We'd better commit our white guys to fight some other white guys in order to protect some foreign white guys. Heil Hitler.
Pointing out US foreign policy is honkey-centric is hardly radical.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

EdwardGemmer wrote:Starting a blog. Well of course I am after being banned from every other blog except this one.
You're banned.

Please pick up your rusty Spokesgay and leave.

cunt

Post by cunt »

welch wrote:
cunt wrote:Oh shit, there might be a bunch of dead white guys on the news. We'd better commit our white guys to fight some other white guys in order to protect some foreign white guys. Heil Hitler.
Making it about race is overly simplistic. The US didn't have any problem going into Somalia as peacekeepers, at least, before they had to deal with troops being dragged through the streets.

franc

Post by franc »

Percentage wrote:Has PZ ever been this critical of Hitchens before? Yeah, he still defends him, but it's a pretty tepid effort. I get the distinct impression that he's trying to placate his commenters in advance.
Yes he has -

https://musinlon.wordpress.com/2012/08/ ... community/

Post by Guest »

Like South Africa, Israel isn't just "another country" especially considering the influence is has on American politics, and commenting on that isn't antisemitism. It is currently occupying another people, is moving its settlers onto land in violation of numerous international laws, and now has "Palestinian only buses" because poor Jews don't want to ride on the same buses as Arabs. Is every post criticizing blatantly immoral actions of Israel to have a footnote saying "BTW I dislike other countries that do similar things?" If you are actually advocating that I think it speaks for itself.

Post by Guest »

Oh and why can't Americans take special interest in criticizing Israel? Maybe because we have their fucking concerns stuffed down our throats constantly? The major political parties here, neither Democrat or Republican, cannot even have a platform without Israel's concerns being raised. Ridiculous. But OH NO IT IS ANTISEMITISM. Fuck off.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/0 ... 59200.html

welch

Post by welch »

cunt wrote:
welch wrote:
Making it about race is overly simplistic. The US didn't have any problem going into Somalia as peacekeepers, at least, before they had to deal with troops being dragged through the streets.
Note how short a time we were there, and how fast we beat feet out. Sure, it's not always honkies and oil, but it's damned close. Edge cases don't invalidate the majority case.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Guest wrote:Oh and why can't Americans take special interest in criticizing Israel? Maybe because we have their fucking concerns stuffed down our throats constantly? The major political parties here, neither Democrat or Republican, cannot even have a platform without Israel's concerns being raised. Ridiculous. But OH NO IT IS ANTISEMITISM. Fuck off.

Oh, he's going to be gitted you said that.

Gitted.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Gitted. Ok I'll stop now.

I'm going to play some HotS and head to bed. Night all.

welch

Post by welch »

Guest wrote:Oh and why can't Americans take special interest in criticizing Israel? Maybe because we have their fucking concerns stuffed down our throats constantly? The major political parties here, neither Democrat or Republican, cannot even have a platform without Israel's concerns being raised. Ridiculous. But OH NO IT IS ANTISEMITISM. Fuck off.

My justification is even simpler: if you're going to beg for, and accept BILLIONS of dollars of my fucking money, and my fucking stuff, then you can just shut the fuck up when I tell you how to run your shit. You don't have to take my advice, you can ignore my opinions but i have MORE than paid for the right to dump my thoughts upon you without a bunch of fucking backtalk.

It's like work. My boss pays me a not-small amount of money. For that he gets certain rights. He gets to tell me what he thinks, and he doesn't have to listen or care about my opinion. I'd prefer it if he doesn't, and by and large, he's good about that. But if he wants to tell me "go make more space on the server and I don't want to hear from how hard it will be", then he gets to do that. If it really bugs me, I am perfectly free to stop taking his money, and then call him an utter fucking moron to my heart's content. But as long as I take his money, then he's paying for the right to sometimes at least BE right.

if Israel and its supporters really dislike americans telling them how to do shit, stop taking our fucking money. Until then, shut the fuck up and listen quietly.

Aneris

Post by Aneris »

Maximus wrote:
It's also in every youtube clip I saw him in. What's that they said about Harriet Hall???
You know the point of Red Shirts is not that they are smelly. I'm sure they have a wardrobe of fresh red shirts. The point is that the Red Shirt character is a minor "good guy" stock character who goes onto dangerous territory, perhaps meets Vaculites and Slyme monsters, and gets killed quickly to show to the audience how dangerous it is, and to give other characters something to emote over. It was more of a sudden realization given Michael Nugents role so far and his signature fashion. ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote:Like South Africa, Israel isn't just "another country" especially considering the influence is has on American politics, and commenting on that isn't antisemitism. It is currently occupying another people, is moving its settlers onto land in violation of numerous international laws, and now has "Palestinian only buses" because poor Jews don't want to ride on the same buses as Arabs. Is every post criticizing blatantly immoral actions of Israel to have a footnote saying "BTW I dislike other countries that do similar things?" If you are actually advocating that I think it speaks for itself.
I've asked you before not to post as a guest without letting people know what your registered account is: DON'T DO IT, OK?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

See previous post about registered users posting as guest with no identification.

Gefan

Post by Gefan »

welch wrote:My justification is even simpler: if you're going to beg for, and accept BILLIONS of dollars of my fucking money, and my fucking stuff, then you can just shut the fuck up when I tell you how to run your shit. You don't have to take my advice, you can ignore my opinions but i have MORE than paid for the right to dump my thoughts upon you without a bunch of fucking backtalk.

It's like work. My boss pays me a not-small amount of money. For that he gets certain rights. He gets to tell me what he thinks, and he doesn't have to listen or care about my opinion. I'd prefer it if he doesn't, and by and large, he's good about that. But if he wants to tell me "go make more space on the server and I don't want to hear from how hard it will be", then he gets to do that. If it really bugs me, I am perfectly free to stop taking his money, and then call him an utter fucking moron to my heart's content. But as long as I take his money, then he's paying for the right to sometimes at least BE right.

if Israel and its supporters really dislike americans telling them how to do shit, stop taking our fucking money. Until then, shut the fuck up and listen quietly.
Welch, I'm fairly confident that, like me, you'd say much the same thing about Pakistan. It's another nuclear-armed state, increasingly dominated by ultra-nationalists and fundamentalists, and a with penchant for starting wars with the neighbors and colonizing neighboring territory. When its leadership starts pissing and moaning about US treatment while still cashing our checks I reserve the right to get annoyed.
If Git's in the UK it's probably hard to understand that perspective.

Plus, he probably choked on his Brie a few posts back.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

We will fail if we can’t change this.
What can I do better?
I think PZ needs a hair shirt and a cat-o'-nine-tails, so he can demonstrate appropriate humility and obeisance like the new Popioglio.

WTF with that McEwan piece, anyway? "Oh noes, someone called me a stupid cunt and now I will have to abandon my STEM degrees and years of research because of TEH MISOGYNY!!!"*

* Actually, it's even dumber than that, because atheism is not a career and doesn't pay the bills for most people.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I am totally not going to try to catch up on the board. I'll just assume SOSO and proceed from there. Hope everyone is well and to all the new people "fuck off" :D

Percentage

Post by Percentage »

Haha, Physioprof said "skank".

I thought he was an dutiful feminist ally?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I am totally not going to try to catch up on the board.
So, Renee, you missed the Slyme Pit Nude Male Calendar, then?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Damn it!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

skepandsprinkles wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Anything.

A-n-y-t-h-i-n-g...except those fucking earlobe expanders.
Fuck off! I love my earlobe expanders!
How big are they and how do people generally react when they notice them?
10 mm and most people who aren't my mother think they're cool
These do not look too bad:
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item ... -376df.jpg

Nor these:
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item ... -529a4.jpg

But I do not like these at all:
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item ... -a0446.jpg

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Percentage wrote:Haha, Physioprof said "skank".

I thought he was an dutiful feminist ally?
Definition of SKANK

slang : a person and especially a woman of low or sleazy character
Cue outrage in 5, 4, 3, ….

Or will it be *crickets*? ….

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BTW, who the fuck wants "interesting complex food bathed in gallons of skanky perfume". Fucking weirdo.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
skepandsprinkles wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Anything.

A-n-y-t-h-i-n-g...except those fucking earlobe expanders.
Fuck off! I love my earlobe expanders!
How big are they and how do people generally react when they notice them?
10 mm and most people who aren't my mother think they're cool
These do not look too bad:
http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item ... -376df.jpg

Nor these:
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item ... -529a4.jpg

But I do not like these at all:
http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img3/item ... -a0446.jpg
Pikers! Need to go for the gusto!

Nice sets of clackers you have there, ladies:

[youtube]Bkiua38BN2I[/youtube]

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

ERV wrote:
Karmakin wrote:I still fundamentally disagree with the notion that it's simply a game of pageviews. While it might explain PZ and Benson and Zvan, it DOESN'T explain folks like Setar and SallyStrange and Jadehawk and NerdBot 3k etc.
Im talking about Twatson.

She has never shown any interest in women (much less feminism) outside of how they can be used for her own personal gain. It was only when intelligent, educated, professional, attractive women started stealing her spotlight that she latched on to 'feminism', in again, an obvious grab for attention. From the initial concept of Skepchick where she gets the 'fame' and cash associated with Skepchick (not any of the female writers) and the calendars (not the photographers or models) to the sex-themed parties to sucker punching Stef McGraw and triumphantly declaring 'SCORE!' after 'Dear Muslima', to attacking Harriet Hall and Sarah Mayhew, to declaring Reddit is a hive of sexism-- There is no way on Gods green Earth that Watson is sincere in her supposed stance of 'feminism'. It is obvious to even the casual observer (in this case Alexis Ohanian, that Twatson cares about one person, and thats Twatson. She is a loser whos existence requires attention from others.
You're right. I forgot about Watson. She's totally 100% motivated by that sort of thing.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

EdwardGemmer wrote:<Trigger Alert: Link Whoring>

Starting a blog. Well of course I am after being banned from every other blog except this one. My main focus will be criticism of other blogs, but more in a logical sense than an ideological one. I'm terrible at this websiting stuff, though, so tips are appreciated. Also, submissions for articles you feel are worthy of a good critique.
Every one's a critic.

Go for something different, like creating new content or ideas.

Or you could just cut and paste other people's writing interspersed with a few linking sentences of your own.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

ReneeHendricks wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Damn it!
Tuvok had his probe out and everything.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Lsuoma wrote:
Guest wrote:Like South Africa, Israel isn't just "another country" especially considering the influence is has on American politics, and commenting on that isn't antisemitism. It is currently occupying another people, is moving its settlers onto land in violation of numerous international laws, and now has "Palestinian only buses" because poor Jews don't want to ride on the same buses as Arabs. Is every post criticizing blatantly immoral actions of Israel to have a footnote saying "BTW I dislike other countries that do similar things?" If you are actually advocating that I think it speaks for itself.
I've asked you before not to post as a guest without letting people know what your registered account is: DON'T DO IT, OK?
Just do it, Lsuoma.

franc

Post by franc »

KiwiInOz wrote:

Every one's a critic.

Or you could just cut and paste other people's writing interspersed with a few linking sentences of your own.
Or you could photoshop Ophies face onto really grotesque bodies. I can see a weekly series. "Barphelia's Barfatorium of Boschean Blecchiness".

franc

Post by franc »

Thunderf00t weighs in on Sarkeesian -

[youtube]QJeX6F-Q63I[/youtube]

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ophelia Benson: you are nothing more than an atheist content aggregator.

Either deal with that and accept it, or else post your own stuff.

At the moment, your internet presence is completely redundant.

Thanks.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

franc wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Every one's a critic.

Or you could photoshop Ophies face onto really grotesque bodies. I can see a weekly series. "Barphelia's Barfatorium of Boschean Blecchiness".
Any particular reason why you would want to single out Benson for that particular treatment? Have any other people in mind, or just women?

Is it likely to advance the causes of liberté, égalité, fraternité? Further promote the Enlightenment and the steady advance of science and reason?

Or is it just to express some idiosyncratic animus?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ophelia Benson: you are nothing more than an atheist content aggregator.

Thanks.
Just out of curiousity, and assuming the validity of your premises, how is an “atheist content aggregator” redundant? If there were a surfeit of such then one might argue any particular one was largely so, but I don’t see that as being the case. In addition, I happen to receive her posts by e-mail and while I “mark as read” many of them without having done so, that is not the case for all of them – I frequently find out useful or important things I wouldn’t otherwise.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

franc wrote:Thunderf00t weighs in on Sarkeesian -

[youtube]QJeX6F-Q63I[/youtube]
Yup.

Tf00t strikes again.

(I loves me some Tf00t!)

:D

welch

Post by welch »

Gefan wrote:
welch wrote:My justification is even simpler: if you're going to beg for, and accept BILLIONS of dollars of my fucking money, and my fucking stuff, then you can just shut the fuck up when I tell you how to run your shit. You don't have to take my advice, you can ignore my opinions but i have MORE than paid for the right to dump my thoughts upon you without a bunch of fucking backtalk.

Welch, I'm fairly confident that, like me, you'd say much the same thing about Pakistan. It's another nuclear-armed state, increasingly dominated by ultra-nationalists and fundamentalists, and a with penchant for starting wars with the neighbors and colonizing neighboring territory. When its leadership starts pissing and moaning about US treatment while still cashing our checks I reserve the right to get annoyed.
If Git's in the UK it's probably hard to understand that perspective.

Plus, he probably choked on his Brie a few posts back.
Pretty much. You takes our money, you can just put up with our opinions.

welch

Post by welch »

Lsuoma wrote:
BTW, who the fuck wants "interesting complex food bathed in gallons of skanky perfume". Fucking weirdo.
He really is a horrible writer.

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
franc wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Every one's a critic.

Any particular reason why you would want to single out Benson for that particular treatment? Have any other people in mind, or just women?

Is it likely to advance the causes of liberté, égalité, fraternité? Further promote the Enlightenment and the steady advance of science and reason?

She's a raging, hypocritical bitch, and if stuff like that gives her the irrits, so much the better.

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Ophelia Benson: you are nothing more than an atheist content aggregator.

Thanks.
Just out of curiousity, and assuming the validity of your premises, how is an “atheist content aggregator” redundant? If there were a surfeit of such then one might argue any particular one was largely so, but I don’t see that as being the case. In addition, I happen to receive her posts by e-mail and while I “mark as read” many of them without having done so, that is not the case for all of them – I frequently find out useful or important things I wouldn’t otherwise.
If she would just do a linkblog, that would be okay. It's the copypasta that blows ass.

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

welch wrote:
Wonderist wrote:
DGS wrote: I can't remember what Hitchens said about the people who were carrying the 'no war for oil' placards. There are many reasons for going to war. Many of which we won't be aware of. Many moral reasons. Many practical ones. Oil being one of them. The West depends on oil - developing worlds depend on oil. That's maybe not how some people think it ought to be, but that's the way it is (after Hume)
People also depend on land to support their way of life. Who could blame some country for going to war just to get a little extra 'living room', eh?
ask the indians how silly it is.
Reductio ad absurdum is less effective when you add a winking smiley to it. I prefer mine deadpan.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Steersman wrote:

Thanks.
One example: http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism

Even if there were no others, Ophelia Benson promotes herself as a spokesperson for atheism. She sits on the FfTB website and pontificates on atheism issues as though she had any credibility other than as a content aggregator. She abuses this position to slander/libel (whichever is the legally correct) entire swathes of the atheist community for her own (pagehits) gain, while turtling into her shell whenever the same game is played against her.

In short, she makes us look ridiculous and is a proven liar.

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

JAB wrote:
cunt wrote:
We, (the US), don't give a squirt of piss about poor oppressed brown, yellow, or black people. We invaded afghanistan because of Bin Laden, and Iraq because of oil. The Kurds were naught but a minor PR bullet point in all that designed to sucker the people who think there's some kind of fucking idealism at work here. There isn't. Why did we give a fuck about Kuwait? Oil, and more oil.

Seriously, we let Cuba oppress the shit out of their people NINETY MILES AWAY. But there is nothing there in terms of resources we care about so fuck Cuba and the Cubans.

It's about resources.
Right, totally not a result of neo-liberalist interventionist policy. How many barrels of crude have been exported from Kosovo so far?
Was that supposed to rebut the quote? Because I thought Kosovo was full of white people. I think the US only got in to the extent they did because the others in NATO did anyway. I know they mostly rule nato, but ocassionally you have to go along, especially when you don't have to commit ground troops.
Wasn't Darfur and/or Rwanda around the same time? Yeah, the US is all about stopping genocides. Er something.

Wonderist

Post by Wonderist »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Aren't arguments fun? I bet they are, else we wouldn't be here. Damn, I hope this place never changes!
No, arguments suck. How could you even think they're fun? They are entirely pointless wastes of time. Everybody here should stop arguing about stuff. I heard somewhere that ignoring things makes them go away. We should all stop arguing and just ignore each other and the FTBers/etc. And certainly nobody should be having any fun.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Wonderist wrote:
welch wrote:
Wonderist wrote:
DGS wrote: I can't remember what Hitchens said about the people who were carrying the 'no war for oil' placards. There are many reasons for going to war. Many of which we won't be aware of. Many moral reasons. Many practical ones. Oil being one of them. The West depends on oil - developing worlds depend on oil. That's maybe not how some people think it ought to be, but that's the way it is (after Hume)
People also depend on land to support their way of life. Who could blame some country for going to war just to get a little extra 'living room', eh?
Reductio ad absurdum is less effective when you add a winking smiley to it. I prefer mine deadpan.
I got it without the smiley.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Wonderist wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Aren't arguments fun? I bet they are, else we wouldn't be here. Damn, I hope this place never changes!
No, arguments suck. How could you even think they're fun? They are entirely pointless wastes of time. Everybody here should stop arguing about stuff. I heard somewhere that ignoring things makes them go away. We should all stop arguing and just ignore each other and the FTBers/etc. And certainly nobody should be having any fun.
You bloody puritan. Wanting to suck the very soul and essence out of the pit. Just ask the indians how they feel.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
Steersman wrote:
franc wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Every one's a critic.

She's a raging, hypocritical bitch, and if stuff like that gives her the irrits, so much the better.
I’m not particularly happy or impressed by her hatchet-job of Shermer over his “it’s more of a guy thing”. But absent evidence and proof such actions seem rather counter-productive. More likely to lead observers to the conclusion that those engaging in such attacks are “raging, hypocritical pricks”.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Fuck after watching that thunderf00t video husband asked me to arm wrestle and is now laughing at how weak I am. SOB.

Didn't actually watch the sarkeesian video but the extracts of it that I've seen via the thunderf00t video were excrutiatingly terrible.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

rayshul wrote:Fuck after watching that thunderf00t video husband asked me to arm wrestle and is now laughing at how weak I am. SOB.
Does he have 40-50% greater upper body strength than you?

:lol:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Thanks.
If she would just do a linkblog, that would be okay. It's the copypasta that blows ass.
Different strokes and all that. For one thing not all of us can create coherent – more or less – DDoS attacks on the spur of the moment.

In addition, unless there is a copyright issue I fail to see the problem. She quotes some people and provides the links. Those receiving the notifications can read the bits selected and follow-up if they wish more detail. Win-win-win, I think ….

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Bhurzum wrote:
rayshul wrote:Fuck after watching that thunderf00t video husband asked me to arm wrestle and is now laughing at how weak I am. SOB.
Does he have 40-50% greater upper body strength than you?

:lol:
Possibly which is surprising because the most workout his arms get is twiddling shit on the fucking playstation.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

welch wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
He really is a horrible writer.
Them's there sackin' grounds eh, PZ & Ed?

("PZ & Ed". The name of a new ventriloquist act, where both are puppets with their hand up each other's fundaments, fiddling with cheap strings to make the other's mouth move. A recursive dummy act.
I vote it 'a hit'. What about you, Slimeon Cowell?)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Wonderist wrote:
welch wrote:
Wonderist wrote:
I find it astounding just how many supposedly worldly gits did not immediately twig to the very clear Lebensraum reference.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Michael K Gray wrote: The name of a new ventriloquist act, where both are puppets with their hand up each other's fundaments, fiddling with cheap strings to make the other's mouth move. A recursive dummy act.
I vote it 'a hit'. What about you, Slimeon Cowell?)
I'm still reeling from your comment on the Tf00t video.

You fuckers are systematically wrecking my carpet and reducing my coffee intake...

http://media.fakeposters.com/results/20 ... 6qor58.jpg